I fucking loved these games as a kid, they're the whole reason I'm into RPGs

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=C
youtube.com/watch?v=lgmpPjc-Mfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

R u me?

>PC ports when?

No need. Just fucking emulate.

BG:DA was the shit, I recently rebought it, still great.

Dark Alliance co-op was the tits I have to say. Whenever we got great loot me and my friends would touch each other's peepee in acknowledgement and out of sheer joy.

Great fun was had.

what emulator runs baldurs gate dark alliance correctly? i haven't even tried champions emulation but i doubt its good. you can't even play dark alliance on pcsx2

WELL? WHAT CAN I DO FAH YA?

I cheated my first playthrough of Champions of Norrath with the level 20 cheat. Then I imported my character into Champions Return to Arms and ruined that too. Why are cheats still things bros?

>Whenever we got great loot me and my friends would touch each other's peepee in acknowledgement and out of sheer joy
ha, check out this fag.

For me it was the other way round, I was like
>how the fuck are they going to put baldur's gate onto a console with regards to controls
but then it was just a hack and slash and I was still pretty happy.

Dark alliance 2 was better.

How exactly do you successfully emulate BG:DA??

SWORDS AXES BOWS. WE GOT ALL THAT YOU NEED RIGHT HERE

Played BG:DA in Dolphin, but stopped when I realised it was a boring AF dungeon crawler

yeah i also didn't get very far in that game. beat champions 1 and return to arms though but im afraid to try them again since its probably nostalgia

Brutal truth is that these games were absolutely mediocre as fuck compared to hack n slash games that were available to PC consumers.

They are only held by ps2 owners in such high regard because there was nothing else like it to compare it to. That and multitap 4 people coop which maybe 0.0001% of the game owners got to experience anyway.

>compared to hack n slash games that were available to PC consumers.
which were? reminder that diablo 1 was the best, with only diablo 2 for competition anyways, which was ported 1:1 to ps1 with local coop support.

Sacred, Nox, Dungeon Siege 1, Icewind Dale, Heretic Kingdoms, Vampire the masquarade: Redemption...

If by 1:1 you mean terrible loading times even for the time and absolutely abysmal framerate that made magic a pain in the ass, sure.

Pretty sure I played it recently on Dolphin. But right now I'm playing it on Xbox 360.

>1:1 to PS1
Okay so basically you've never played it

>champions of norrath
Mah nigga
I remember sneaking downstairs after mom went to bed, smoking a blunt outside and playing this game for hours at night in secret
Tender memories

most of those aren't even hack and slash games

every item, every floor (randomized of course), even the graphics and voices are the same. all with worse controls, which is made completely redundant by superior couch coop.

This is vintage MusTARD asspain right here

I can't believe DA did not get any remaster whatsoever

i don't remember it looking this good if 360 was a remaster

pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=C

>The one barkeeper with the big tits

I came so many times.

Victor Vran is basically the same but better.

I got Dark Alliance working on PCSX2 recently, so I replayed it. It's an okay game, but my standards and expectations have changed since I last played through it, so I only really had fun with it the first time I replayed it, and when I played it on Extreme mode. If you've already been through it once then a lot of its shittier aspects really start to muddy up the water. Ultimately, none of the enemies were varied, interesting, or dangerous enough (with a few exceptions) to keep things interesting past the first or second time you have to go through them, even on Extreme. It just turns into this generic kind of hack and slash gameplay where you slog through a series of small rooms and corridors endlessly and mindlessly smashing the enemies into paste.

Extreme mode is pretty fun for a little while and makes the game worth replaying to unlock it, I think. Basically it just turns the dial up on everything, so now all the enemies deal retarded damage and all of the armor and weapons get obscenely ridiculous stats. You can get +15 strength rings that make you hit like Hulk and let you carry 600 pounds worth of shit so you never have to NOT pick any loot up.

Also the zombies in the fucking swamp were complete bullshit. I don't know who decided that it was okay to make all the zombies fastball pitchers that could throw their own rotting kidneys at 200 MPH and kill you instantly from off-screen, but I hope he's out of a fucking job.

They were comfy and cathartic

I just want:
>satisfying main attacks, not click and hold garbage
>shields that work, not an extra armor slot
>blood, gore, gibbing
>details like arrows sticking, death animations that vary based on type of attack
>loot that changes appearance
>somewhat believable aesthetic, not blizzard tier cartoon garbage
>cool ability/spell trees
>plenty of enemies
>coop

I just want to hack and slash hordes at a comfy pace

How do you play ps2 games on a xbox 360?

You! I like you.
If you didnt already played, try lord of the rings - the war in the north. Its made by snowblind studios.
I already gave up waiting for anothee game that is like what you described so i started studying computer science and make one by myself.

>>shields that work, not an extra armor slot
you mean like an X% chance to block like in dialbo?

I mean ones that you need to actively time a block with.

Played it, along with the other previous lotr hack and slash games. I liked them, but they did leave me wanting.

dark alliance runs on pcsx2 if your rig isn't absolute trash
PHEW FRIEND
I THINK THE SMELL OF THE SEWERS HAS TAKEN A LIKING TO YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=lgmpPjc-Mfg

>>Drawn by a haunting voice, you come to the Elfsong tavern... It is a small place, filled with an motley assortment of patrons, and grizzly trophies.. There, the haunting voice is all around you, and the patrons are silent, as the song washes over them. One by one, they all seem lost to it's call..