Unlocking on PS4 and Vita tonight

Unlocking on PS4 and Vita tonight.

Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0GW-Y445jUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

it better be. I already bought it in advance to get the 20% discount

I like the PC version because you can mod it for difficulty, new classes, and skins. I installed Lighter Dungeon mod because the game was kicking my ass when I first started, but now I feel like I could play vanilla and succeed.

It is fun. My only complaint is that the grind can get tedious and RNG can be a real bitch sometimes.

Fuck yes I've been waiting to play this on PS4 because I never want to play shit on my computer.

My question is: Is this game still as fun as the original concept in early access, or did they fuck it up? I've heard some things...

Wait really? I'm not even seeing it on PSN. At least on my phone app Im not

I haven't been keeping up with this game

Did that merchant class actually come out?

yes really
you should still have time until midnight to get the discount

only people living in Europe have to preorder it to get 20% off. Americans i think get the discount for sometime after it is released. but better check yourself

well we will never know since we never played the original

I guess that is both a blessing and a curse

They added the merchant and town events to the game.

I'm playing through it right now.It's quite enjoyable.
One of people's biggest complain is the grinding in the game;I compare it to monster hunter's grind.Yes if you want to optimize your formation you need units that stroke out on luck and had good dungeon runs but the combat and exploration in the game is so fun and challenging,the opposite of most mindless grinders like MMOs and JRPGs where you just button mash attack,that you have to keep on your toes all the time.The game is really tough and stressing in the beginning but once get the the handles of it,it's so fucking satesfing

Its straight up not listed on US PSN because I just checked my console. Whatever, we'll see tommorrow.

I've seen people saying they fucked it up and made it too hard

The devs fell for the darksouls shitter rhetoric hard

>tried out the game after a stressful 2 years of minimal vidya
>There's a torchstand here. If I light it, it should add to my light meter right?
>Lavos appears from the void and destroys my best team
I rage quit at that. Im sure the rest of the game is battling the random number generator as well. I'll play darkest dungeons again, just not now.

the game isnt that hard if you know what youre doing, this isnt a "press a" to win RPG in which you half-ass mobs until you get to the boss.

Reminder that the devs confirmed on reddit that DLC for Darkest Dungeon is coming

It's literally RNG: The Game.

PCfats only like it because it has lots of memes.

>Place a torch if you crave the void!
>lel i could use some light
>the void comes and rapes you
>WOW what a shit game

Bugged eldritch mechanics 2bh

I did this as well and I haven't played the game since because of how much of a fucking dumbass I felt like.

I figured it was a light or a chance of debuff like most of the interactables on the field, not an extra boss fight.

its a noob trap and you fell for it, get a fresh stack of soon-to-be corpses and press on

Is there any reason to get it on Vita over PS4? I feel like this is a game I would enjoy more on a portable system, but if it runs way worse I'd just get the PS4 version.

i dont see a reason for it to run worse, not a lot of graphics to process as all "animations" are iddle frame into attack 1 frame, attack 2 frame or getting attacked frame.

Absolutely not
Anyone saying "yes" is a retard who doesn't care about game balance

The last time I played this game, the developers were actively ruining the game with every patch, they kept introducing more and more shit to bog down the player.
When I gave up on the game, it was insanely hard to get past the first dungeon if you could even manage that.

The only winning strategy was to start a new game and pray that you get the 1% good RNG

the game really isn't as grindy as they say.Indeed it has some anti grind mechanics,like making some characters unable to do lower difficulty quest where you could just stomp the mobs with crits in the first turn.Even with the most RGN bad luck you still can manage any dungeon if you have the right formation and skills

git gud

>Getting prepped for Darkest Dungeon
>Running Dismas and Reynauld through Weald
>First round, Dismas blighted
>Giant crits right after
>Dies to blight
>Mfw on that Old Road now they won't find redemption

You would think that, but I've seen some shitty handheld ports in my time.

should have gone to the skellies

Does this game have the best narrator?

yes, but he's wasted on this heap of garbage

actually, you should probably wait for reviews, this is a very small studio so something like that could be expected

as good as civ iv

youtube.com/watch?v=0GW-Y445jUc

Still the best thing to come out of DD.

Depends on whether or not RNG Simulator: The Game feat. Tedious Grinding sounds fun to you

I got Dismas to the end but Reynauld died.

>How quickly the tide turns!

HEALERRR

Turn off corpses. It's an unessesary layer of artificial shit.

It's fun.

Now I need to download it again, damn.

The game can be fun sometimes, but yeah, there's plenty of grind and frustration with RNG mixed in. Can't even remember why I quit last time.

How is it artificial?

>Turning off one of the major aspects of the game

You're supposed to use corpses to your advantage, sempai.

What are the corpses? What do they do?

ausfag here.

played 2 hours, port is fine.

menu buttons fiddly as fuck though

When you kill an enemy (except for small enemies like spiders or if it dies from a crit/bleed/blight), they leave a corpse that persists for 4 turns. The corpse fills that rank, meaning they stop the back ranks from moving forward automatically. This can be used to your advantage or disadvantage, as it affects what skills you can use on the remaining enemies.

the game is very big on positioning 4321 vs 1234, 1 and 2 being the frontlines, 3 and 4 the backlines.

A corpse mechaninc was added, mobs leave a corpse at their spot when they die, you can destroy them or let them be, they will destroy themselves in a few turns. Say you kill the enemies' 2, it the positioning would look like this (C being the corpse):

4321 vs 1C34

This adds an extra layer of thought into the game, because many attacks can only hit 1 and 2, or 3 and 4, or even 1, 2, 3, etc. The corpse system makes it so that when 1 dies, 3 and 4 stay at "range", where they are the deadliest. Shitters dont like it because they can no longer just focus fire 1, then 2, then 3, without having to worry about the backline enemies, which are often the biggest danger.

Got it. Thanks, that helps a lot. I want to give this game a shot now just because of a weird mechanic like that.

wait,isn't the positioning 1234 vs. 4321?I can't find where it says which position is each in the game

Cool, I'll probably just get it on Vita then. I would assume I could always download in on PS4 later.

dont read too far into it, i just wanted to give an easy explanation

no problems m8, is a nice little game, just dont quit when you fail (you will, a lot)

there are some trinkets that give bonus effect if the character is on some determinate positioning.oh well,gonna look it up on the wiki when I'm off work.

It's cross-buy, you don't have to choose.

>Leper with rabies
>Hits like a truck

But can't hit for shit. I haven't rolled with Leper since forever. Accuracy>damage

Vita vpk when?

> it has memes

Is this what Generation-PS really believes?

>he doesn't put trinkets/debuff dodge/buff leper acc for maximum lepering