People say "PSX" when referring to the PS1

>people say "PSX" when referring to the PS1

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/1998/08/28/history-of-the-playstation
youtube.com/watch?v=9IiEEtTjINs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>people say "PS1" when referring to the playstation

it's the correct name

I fucking hate this shit. And their excuse for it is retarded, I witnessed the release of the PS1 too and no one ever called it that.

No one called it a PS1 either, of course, but this is standard shit like calling it MGS1 or FF1.

>people talk

You rang?

Haha yeah, I remember having that played lots of Goldeneye on it, us oldfags and our PSX still got mine I think

>es en ee es
>not just saying it as a single word that rhymes with chess

>being too poor to afford PSX
>get mad when others talk about it

Screw you all. PS sounds weak, and there was no reason to call it PS1, since it was the only one out at the time, so people did use PSX all the time.

>muh everyone called it PSX
>these retards didnt just call it PS or playstation
Where the fuck did you mongoloids get a goddamn X from?

Everyone called it the Playstation. and Playstation 1 after the PS2 came out.

We called it Playstation or "The Play" here.
Never heard of PSX.

I pronounce it "snezz."
My brother hates me.

This
You have to be a complete idiot to call it PSX
Where the fuck did you get the X anyway

With that money of yours you should buy a better camera.

PSX sounds fucking gay.

"Oh, hey Mohammed, wanna come over and play some pee ass sex?"

It was a codename before it was officially revealed.
Because everyone calls the N64 'Project Reality'.

>He doesn't call it the OFFICIAL name

That's how it was commonly referred to back in the day. You must remember unless you are underage of course.

I know what the actual japanese PSX was before you sperg out, autismo

It's less syllabled, why would I try to be correct in a casual conversation?

That's only the name of the slim version.

Thats even more retarded
Why not just call it PS, why bother with the X

>this thread

>People talk about PSX "exclusives"
>all of its games were *also on PC or *also on Saturn

Lads, lads, lads, come on now...

[if you were actually alive when the PSsingle came out, you kniw everybody just called it "playstation" but nobody called the N64 "Nintendo sixty four"[/spoiler]

Calling it PSX is retarded. Everyone i knew just called it playstation. Just because some people called it PSX doesnt make it any less stupid

>he doesn't call the Wii the Revolution

Underage detected.

Aww shit i ef'd up here lads ;_;

>he doesn't call the Revolution the N5

Underage detected.

Nobody fucking calls the N64 project reality. I'm sure this is bait but it's like if I went around calling the GameCube the Dolphin

Spaniard spotted.

MGSX FFX CRASH BANDICOOT X SPYRO X TEKKEN X APE ESCAPE X WIPEOUT X
Yeah its fucking stupid good thing only amerilards do it so i don't have to listen to it in my country.

Everyone said Playstation.
Everyone typed PSX.
There you go, third world babbies that didn't have internet in the '90s.

no one does it here either, now it's PS1, even back when the PS1 was the only playstation people just called it the fucking playstation, not the goddamn PSX

What's the problem, X is 1 in roman numerals.

The internet was always shit in the 90s. I remember not getting internet until 2000 and I had no regrets. I remember going to friends houses and watching blurry ass videos while their parents yelled at them because they needed to use the phone. I was never fucking impressed until broadband, I was always like "Fucking hell, let's just play N64 or go outside or something."

Now I live on the internet so whatever.

fucking this.

You autistic Europeans need to pick up an American (greatest country in the world) gaming mag from the 90s

Did we actually say "psx" when talking about it in person? No it was playstation but, PSX was the abbreviation used in printed form. Until the smaller PSX came out and Sony called it PS1.

I didn't have internet in the 90s but gaming magazines always said PSX. I don't see why people get so upset over it.

Also just because there was a japan-only PS2 console years later that was also named PSX doesn't mean we didn't call the Playstation that.

THIS

There were a ton of UK magazines literally called PSX. Official Playstation Mag was the only one with the full name I think.

>PSX is the abbreviation of PlayStation

???

these kids today just don't know man

>not referring to it as PSone

PlayStation Experimental, it was the codename and the abbreviation stuck.

There is nothing wrong with calling it a PS1 because we now live in a time where there have been four iterations of the console. If you just say playstation it could mean any of them but most people would automatically assume it's the most recent.

It sure is.

He's right lads.

Odd way of spelling SNES CD.

super en-ee-es

"El Play" is the standar term in Mexico at least.

>"El Play 1 (Uno)"
>"El Play 2 (Dos)" and so on.

NOBODY calls it PSX, and it sounds pretty stupid, the actual PSX is like a PS on steroids, but no one I knew even knew that shit existed.

that's what people called it back in the day
but it's no surprise the underages on Cred Forums dont know that

It would have been fun they went with PS32, PS64, PS128 and so on.

you only write PSX
nobody actually calls it PSX while talking.

>no one called it the PSX
>except every magazine
>and every developer
>and Sony themselves
>and everyone who was alive when it was released
>but besides those people, no one called it the PSX

Here's an article from 1998, before the PS2 was even announced.
ign.com/articles/1998/08/28/history-of-the-playstation

>After returning to the drawing boards, Sony revealed the PS-X, or PlayStation-X. Gone was the original cartridge port, as were the plans for multimedia. Apparently, Sony had visited 3DO when Trip Hawkins was selling his hardware and had come away unimpressed, saying it was "nothing new." The PS-X was to be a dedicated game-machine, pure and simple. Steve Race said in Next Generation magazine, "We designed the PlayStation to be the best game player we could possibly make. Games really are multimedia, no matter what we want to call it. The conclusion is that the PlayStation is a multimedia machine that is positioned as the ultimate game player."

not sure if trolling or regional difference

If you think about it, people who are 18 are old enough to post here. That means by the time they were old enough to read and/or play video games, the slim PSone and PS2 would already be out, so they and all their friends probably looked back at the first PlayStation and called it PS1 in comparison.

>Pee-sone

it's alright

And I should add that gaming publications would be done talking about the PSX by that time, so they likely wouldn't hear it at all.

>that one underage kid who googles PSX and sees the japanese only system and thinks that where the name comes from

>people say "Genesis" when referring to the Sega Mega Drive

When I was googling for sources I saw a lot of kids on forums doing exactly that.

Europoors and the rest of the world renamed the Genesis. That's how I choose to remember it.

Round here we call it the:

PSsingle

>Genesis: 19 million
>Mega Drive: 9 million

Yeah it was just playstation but when playstationtwo was released it was renamed in to playstationone

PSOne is the name of the smaller PS1.

If you are gonna say the word then just say "Super Nintendo" like a normal person.

I just call it The Playstation

>no reason

This is a playstation.

This is a Nintendo

The PS1 is the small slim variant. Everyone calls the original the PSX. (The actual PSX doesn't count because it was Japan only and sold like 50 units.)

>people never called it the PSX

youtube.com/watch?v=9IiEEtTjINs

Such as with a lot of things, like bad music fad names, PSX came from the press, just so you know. On a random note, internally the Xbox is called Xbox 1.0 since the 360 came out.

>not calling it the play stay

>Everyone calls the original the PSX
Is this an american thing? this explains why Cred Forums insists that people actually said 'PSX' in real life, and why it bothers the fuck out of me.

Britfag here. Everyone called it a Playstation, then a 'PS1' when the PS2 dropped. i never heard PSX until i started browsing Cred Forums

that released alongside the PS2 you idiot

sweet nezz dude

He wasn't baiting, you just don't have any reading comprehension. It was clear what he meant in the first place.

>british people never abbreviated the word "PlayStation" until the PS2 came out
you seem pretty stupid 2bh

>Abbreviating something when a sequel doesn't exist

>People say Game X when referring to the first game in a series

The ps1 was different idiot. It was that portable one.

Nah dude
Its Ness
And S-Ness

Well Sony did release that thing called the PS One so maybe people say x to lessen confusion

Yeah, faggit
The gaming mags at release and before release called it psx. Fuck you.

This is the PS One you faggots

The original is the PSX

>NES
>SMS
>SAT
>TG-16
>N64
>DC
>NDS
kys

>Had no reason to call it Playstation One
>So we called it Playstation Ten instead
make sense nigger

This shit malfunctioned like crazy. I still got my OG PSX from 1995. It brought a tear to my eye when I saw "MADE IN JAPAN" on the label, won't see that on a console anymore.

But they're effectively the same console. What sort of confusion can arise from calling two functionally identical things the same name?

pee ess sex lol

>pronouncing "SNES" as "Snezz" instead of "Ess Ness"