What game taught you video game patience?

What game taught you video game patience?

I'm talking about that "oh God so angry" but eventually come back more zen than ever and defeat whatever was in your way?

Dark souls was that for me.

I feel like the one of yesteryear was probably one of the Marios.

Godhand
in darksouls you just win at button mashing

Super Punch-Out!!!

Once I sat there, stopped button mashing and started figuring out strategies, I came with a new appreciation for the game.

>in darksouls you just win at button mashing

Please, do tell. I need more of this bait.

Dark Souls being hard is only true if you can't into a proper build (aka the average normie, leading to its reputation). If you want a real trial and error experience, see Super Meat Boy.

Dark Souls doesn't teach you patience because there is rarely precision to said patience its just don't be a fucking idiot and wait a second.

I'd say probably either fighting games or Ninja Gaiden 2. Both require you to massive execute on reaction after being patient and being patient in most fighting games means waiting for the same thing your opponent might be. Hell half the time you have to out patience another player they can see you they can anticipate you because they probably sorta know all the matchups by then.

Not Souls games though. Even bosses aren't that big of patience tests just dodge the big telegraphed attacks and hit then and dodge the other ones and wait longer. Its just mostly traversing areas for the first time and not running into the obvious death traps.

learn to do it perfect - the game.

This too

Thief among other stealth games

Good game but easy compared to stuntman.

True. The only wildly difficult parts of Burnout 3 are the drag race car maps. Those are hard even if you're not obsessed with getting gold.

Viewtiful Joe, has a steep learning curve. Got my ass kicked for ages.

yo Stuntman Ignition was great too

This.

Final Fantasy Tactics or Shin Megami Tensei III

Battletoads on the NES. Took me about 2 weeks, but I finally fucking beat it. Only one level in the entire game is fucking trial and error, but fuck, Volkmire's Inferno is bullshit.

Souls game teaching you anything shows how underage you are.

Demons Souls came out in 2009. You deserve realize that was almost 7 years ago. 11 year old could have played that game and now be old enough to use this site.

Anyone under 30 is underage in my book.

LOL WHAT AN ASSHOLE

>still being on here at 30

>websites are only for teenagers and twenty somethings

What is the significance of 30? Not all of us spend over 2 hours here a day you know?

>weebsites are only for teenagers and twenty somethings
Fixed

You're just showing how underage you are.

ugh im here and im 30 so what ? do you think everyone just sits on Cred Forums whole day ? you know you can just browse it for few minutes ?

I'm properage you dusty ol bones

Really goes to show how much time they must spend on here if they think it's some kind of anomaly.