fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Novac
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Runners
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Graff
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Arms_merchant
youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Flobi.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lemme stick this thing in every prewar safe along with a few spoons

Because bethesda has no idea how guns work and doesn't like the fallout lore. Before 4 there were homemade guns but they were actual practical guns. Raiders made shitty AK clones and zip guns in .22 but bethesda went full retard and made everything out of sewer pipes in .38 caliber.

I am guessing they want different tiers of guns.

Pipe -> sub-machine gun -> assault rifle/shotgun

ain't no one stealing my god damn spoons

>Dude lets remove all pistols lmao
>except pipe guns XDDDD
>dude lets also change how the 10mm looks
>dude lets also remove all the chinese guns and most of the guns from FNV and F3

>open a 200 year old safe
>a shitty pipe gun (wood has not rotten)
>bottle caps
>Jet

They basically wanted the cliche RPG tier system of like copper->iron->steel->magicbullshittium, and instead went pipe->actualgun->laser->plasma.

Sounds like that person had a high quality safe.

It really triggers me how fallout 4 is the first fallout game that doesn't have the 10mm smg or the dks 501 sniper rifle

>tfw I actually managed to change the pipe gun so much they were actually useful for some situations

We need a sort of child protective services but for game ips. Get fallout to a company who isn't 100% shit.

>fall in love with hunting shotgun in F:NV
>no classic pump shotguns in 4

Every time.

pipe weapons are the most useless pieces of shit I've ever seen, I've literally never used one either cause even from the beginning of the game you find better guns.
Why the fuck do raiders even use them? There's got to be a million times more pre-war guns laying around than there is people in the wasteland even 200 years after the war, it's just so hostile and so many people would have been killed in the bombings.

I don't hate many people related to video james but if I had the chance I'd do a Burning Hammer on that faggot

>really not interested in discussing how realistic things are in a game I made
Why should anyone care about this game?

Which is why F:NV is a cult classic. For all their faults, obsidian IS interested in that discussion

>bombs dropped "200 years ago"
>everything looks like the bombs were dropped maybe 2 months ago

How does a fucking AAA development studio create such an unpolished pile of shit?

You can see that Obsidian tried their hardest to make the gunplay feel great on an engine that clearly doesn't properly support guns.

There is nothing wrong with homemade guns as long as they are done right.

Not the case in Fallout 4 though. It's beyond me that people in charge of weapon design know fuck all about weapons.

You know why NV had such cool and fun guns? Because Sawyer understands that you need experience and knowledge in order to design something, so even though he's not into guns, he did his reaserch, went to the shooting range and shoot guns etc.

Yeah, the general weapon selection and gunplay in NV is a fucking miracle considering how shitty engine it is. I'd really love to see them doing that kind of RPG on a better engine.

>Safe has a master lock

They are only good for clearing out shitty ghouls, small animals and low level raiders

No DEagle in post-legacy fallout games.

>he can't defend his shitty game

There was no DEagle in NV either (without mods that is).

Not that I'm defending F4 though, it's shit.

It baffles me how Bethesda ever ended up with those shitty pipe guns. They looks fucking stupid, they feel like complete shit, and they even lack the low-end down-to-earth charm that most starter guns in Fallout usually had.

Couldn't be shittier even if they tried to make it worse.

Why haven't you rolled yet

Why are you trying to derail random threads for (you)s

because any playstyle that isnt abusing every single speech check i come across for easy exp is something i cant tolerate

Pipe guns are ugly and awful.

well when you're the head of PR for a multi million dollar game company you'd think MAYBE you might respond a tab bit more professionally instead of making the company's official stance on their lore "We don't care."

I'll roll but give you a (you) instead.

never actually finished this game, just dicked around with a bunch of different characters.

How do you want your scope f.a.m?

Because I spend 8 hours installing mods and troubleshooting. Then when I actually get the game working I play it for 3 hours and drop it.

I've played it to much is the problem.

Going to a shooting range seems so goddamn pointless, beyond getting decent audio that is.

Still doing proper research and actually looking up homemade weapons or just going somewhere to try one would suffice.

The Bastard is such a cool looking gun because it looks feasible. Same with the giant barrelled shotguns.

>Going to a shooting range seems so goddamn pointless, beyond getting decent audio that is.

He might of done it so he could experience the recoil himself.

Stuff like this is fun in concept, and I enjoyed my .45 chambered pipe-rifle with glow dots on the ends of those screws, but it just feels uninspired way to quickly.

I swear, it's like Bethesda has literally zero imagination, which is incredible given what they're going for.

This kills the vertibird.

Can you find/modify doublebarrel in FO4 enough to make it viable for the whole game?

Weapon selection in FO4 is such a big letdown really. You can cleary see that they want to solely rely on the crafting system and that system is not even good or deep. I miss weapon variety in F:NV even if the shooting mechanic was quite shit in that game.

Not really. You can make it stronk, but the reload just takes way too long. There's perks to increase reload speed, but at that point you'd be doing so much more damage with a combat shotgun it's pointless.

Using a long ripe and not a metal ring for that optic was a terrible idea.

sure why not

>Going to a shooting range seems so goddamn pointless, beyond getting decent audio that is.
It probably seems that way until you do.
In real life situation, you'll end up noticing details that you didn't expect, that you can then add to the game if you want to.

Why? I don't think the sights should work at all in the first place because there's nothing there to align to.

True.

No game really goes for real recoil.

rolling all up in this bitch

I'd at least pay cashmoney for a port of NV to the FO4 engine so the weapons have SOME feeling.

>No game really goes for real recoil.
Plenty of games have tried to make recoil relatively realistic. Hell, even in CoD1 you couldn't hit anywhere if you just tried full auto.

>That feel when the West Coast have a government, organization of doctors helping the wasteland, caravan companies, gun runners / gun manufacturers, brahmin barons etc
Why the East Coast so fucking retarded?

Garbage in, garbage out. Shit writers, shit game world, lore, story, etc.

>Bethesda
>Polished

Pick one.

How you want your random item famliy

Only a retard like Todd would look at Borderlands and think to himself "hey, that's some good game design!"

You realize people can open safes and relock them right? Like, a random wanderer such as yourself or raider could be storing his extra shit there.

Yes, every chest in the commonwealth is being used in that fashion. Todd pls.

Because its a shitty game made by a bunch of ConsoleCuckfags. What did you expect?

literally magic

Fuck it what have I got to lose.

You realize not every chest in the Coomonwealth has the same items in it right? Like, some could actually have been sealed for hundreds of years and some could've been used by other wanderers such as yourself or raiders.

My friend tried defending that shit as scientific and I ended up writing an 1000 word rebuttal talking about science, world building and contrived shit on why that shit is stupid.

I have autism I guess.

But I just did

>millitary safe, untouched for two centuries.
>inside are shitty pipe weapons.

no wonder we lost the war

As usual, a fallout 4 thread devolves into a NV circle jerk. Never change Cred Forums

There the Never Ending legendary effect that makes it so you never reload.

That's because NV does a lot of things better than 4 and is a better RPG than 4.

And this is coming from someone who likes FO4 and would give it an 8/10.

>not having to reload your double-barrel
Gross, who would want that?
I never took fast reload perk in NV because reloading certain weapons just felt so satisfying, especially guns like 357 revolver.

Glancing at the thumbnail it looked like Stone Cold delivering a Stunner to someone inside a the ring while using VATS.

>Home made pipe weapons
>Can't even make them yourself.
?

Those legendary effects got to be one of the worst design decisions in F4.
Fallout 4 is literally Skyrim with guns, even more so than F3 is Oblivion with guns. They even recycled half of the sound effects and animations from it.

There are very few ways Bethesda could have fucked this up harder.

>Fully Functional work benches are literally everywhere 200 years after the bombs drop.
>electrical power is commonplace.
>best weapons they can make are zip guns

A game would need the gun to bounce around and not have the center of the screen be where the gun is actually pointed for it to work out more realistically. There was some source WW2 mod that did this but I really don't think most games even try.

They thought spoons were going to be used as currency in the post-apocalypse, so they put them in safes for posterity

The saddest thing is that they didn't even fuck up at all monetarily
They knew they're trash fucking game would sell like hotcakes
They probably never even considered pissing off fans of the series as a detriment

Ok

The racetrack was what did it for me. When everything there turned hostile after I walked up, gun holstered, hoping this might be something fresh, I realized that the whole game was gonna just be more of the same. No variety, no unique moments or anything like that, just murder-hoboing across the map.

Because they knew people would buy it anyway

As someone who is doing a double barrel shotgun only run, yes, but with cheating or mods or getting super lucky with legendaries.

Bleeding stacks on a per pellet basis. someone can go down pretty easy

Explosive is also done on a per pellet basis, if you have explosive expert thats an extra 30 damage per pellet. get the tightest spread you can and fuck shit up

Dont wanna breeze through that easily? Armor penetration on higher difficulty settings works quite well and stacks very nicely with Rifleman

Mighty is cool and can rip up unarmored targets up quickly

If you like Chems, look into stocking up on Overdrive (25% chance to crit outside of VATS) and the Sawed Off mod, each pellet can crit on its own and Sawed off will make it crit harder. Overdrive lasts like 5 minutes with perks, and a little more with bio-chem weave

Ammo is a huge huge unless you have the Contraptions DLC for the ammo crafting station, or a mod to craft ammo. Shotgun Shells are rare for some insane reason

>Remember when you could talk to enemies and if you knew what to say, you could settle things peacefully?
>Remember when Super Mutants and Nightkin had things like personalities and character?
>Remember when developers actually cared more about satisfying their fans than about appealing to the most broad audience?
I cri evritim

They put it up for pre-order without so much as a screenshot and people STILL bought it

They ride entirely off of 3 and TES success and their fans are retarded enough to eat it up every time

Glad to see I made the right decision to leave this until its GOTY edition is in the Steam bargain bin

Maybe not even then

>started a pipe weapon only game
>commando
>kept running out of ammo around level 25
>contraptions dlc hit
>swimming in ammo again
>took some time to kill things around level 30
>5000 rounds could not last be through far harbor
>fuck it
>try another pipe weapon game as a rifleman
>tldr
>ripped shit up even at level 82 with a .45 mod with armor pen rifle enchant as rifleman spec
shame about commandos and gunslingers though

Most autistic gun names go

In point 5 there’s an explanation:
In the part where you meet the director in the surface, he tells you that the institute, in case he died, could go back and collect the parent's to continue the experiments.
I don’t recall what the dialog option was, but you needed to agree with him I believe.

No, not even then. The DLC does not fix this game.

>Before 4 there were homemade guns but they were actual practical guns

[citation needed]

>Maxim gun
>It's not a Maxim gun at all

Play FreeSpace 2, you nigger

I called one of those 'Dr. Gauss' Legacy'.
Also found a minigun with HiEx on it so I called it the Avenger.

>playing Uncharted 1
>get to german bunker untouched since the 1940s
>grenades inside are the same modern ones we've been using all game
>not M24 Stielhandgranate
>immediately go into an autism meltdown and smash PS3 into the wall

This is how I imagine Fallout "lore" fags act like when playing the average game.

I won't accept any "____ is lore-breaking" complaints until someone can justify why the TARDIS being in Fallout 1 isn't lore-breaking.

I think this was actually fixed at some point.

That was meant as a rarely-seen joke.
An Easter egg.

>breaking the lore in the first game

also what are you even talking about

This game would've been better received here if it was marketed as a different franchise.

At least they had MP40s and not the same AK you use throughout the rest of the game.

So if it's a joke it's okay to completely shit all over lore?

>I don't understand the difference between realism and consistency

You really are trying hard, eh?

oh god are you fucking kidding me getting audio from a shooting range is the worst idea I have ever heard

I doubt it. It's not RPG enough to be a good RPG and it's not FPS enough to be a good FPS. It badly straddles the line somewhere between. And it has the most incoherent and nonsensical story in video games since Fallout 3. Also it's repetitive, badly optimized, and generally just feels like an indie developer made the game with a AAA budget, like all Bethesda games.

>Heals people
>Crystal, gold, silver

So it's a homeopathy gun?

durr you dumb ass. don't you know before the bombs fell, America issued a gun ban to prevent an uprising on their own homefront. citizens made makeshift guns to defend themselves and kept them safely in their safe.

It's literally called a pipe rifle.

Fuck, apart from the wooden body it looks similar to the fo4 one

Sure

Are you saying all of Fallout 4 is a joke then?

But it does look practical, doesn't it? Compare it to this.

There has to be SOMETHING. There is no way some people only like this game because it has "Fallout" on the cover.

What isn't practical about the one you posted?

The other one doesn't even have a chamber or a trigger in the image.

How would you even shoot this thing

Is that big fucking bolt at the bottom the trigger?

DELETED NOTHIN ROLLIN FUCK

>the bayonet
Who thought that would work, even as a bit of stylized art
who thought that stock would blend with the rest of the artstyle
what the fuck is that bayonet lug cleaning rod tumor doing oh my fuck.

It has wooden stock and handle. You put a bullet in, aim it, it shoots and you don't get your hands fucked up because the handle isn't made out of empty pipe. Nor your shoulder is getting fucked up by a literal bolt sticking out of it. Rifle cartridges have a strong kick, there's a reason stocks on real weapons don't have sharp things sticking out of them.

FO4 pipe rifle has a fully functioning a and overdesigned receiver with extremely complicated feeding system due to strange location of the magazine, yet for some reason stock, handle and trigger look like something designed by a 3yo.

Where is the trigger? That shit looks like its gonna hurt me more than the dude I am trying to shoot.

>and their fans are retarded enough to eat it up every time
yeah idk dude fallout 4 might be the final straw
I knew a couple of straight up normalfags that didn't even like skyrim, and I'm at a loss to think of anyone I've talked to irl that actually likes fallout 4

It doesn't even have a trigger and the stock would probably bend and snap after firing it enough.

Also, the "scope" looks hilarious. Not only scopes are useless on pipe rifle due to obvious inaccuracy of such weapon, it's also hanging on some thin and easy to bend piece of metal and is basically just a huge useless paperweight. A notch on the end of the barrel is more useful than this abomination.

How the fuck it shots? There is no fucking chamber, hammer, no spring, no firing lever. It's literally a pipe on a handle

>but the thing on the back it's clearly a hammer

no it's fucking not, it looks like a fucking magazine sticking out of the back if anything

Sure, Fo4 gun looks stupid, but that doesn't change the fact that the FO2 one shouldn't even work.

>magazine sticking out of the back
>it can only hold 1 round at a time
it's a bolt

The overall point here is that Bethesda didn't invent putting stupid nonsense shit into Fallout, it's ALWAYS BEEN THERE.

Bolt action with spring hammer.

I'll always remember the moment in Fallout 3 where I found the molerat racetrack on the highway and how let down I was after seeing the raiders attacking the molerats they were racing.

I said "it looks like" you dumb fuck. I didn't say it was a magazine.

>Bolt action with spring hammer

This is just mental gymnastic, it looks NOTHING like a bolt action spring hammer

Yes, as Easter eggs and minor shit, not an entire fucking game

you are right about the autism

So Shitout 4 is the worst game of this decade right?
Makes me laugh that in the same year that the GOAT Witcher 3 comes out that the worst game of the decade comes out.

>Todd's face when Witcher won GOTY

Beautiful

You're wrong.

nice counter argument faggot

What really pisses me off about Bethesda is just how much they underestimate humans abilities to adapt and create. In Bethesda's mind if you fucked up our current infastructure we'd all just be sitting around with our thumbs up our butts for the next 300 years waiting for some magical savior. People figure shit out pretty quickly when it's do or die. They find a new normal. They don't just live in squalor and misery until they die off due to totally preventable dumb shit.

Your whole argument has just been retarded, sry.

Ur wrong.

Name one time in Fallout 4 when they shat on the lore for a joke.

It's over

It's all over

ghoul child locked in a fridge.

>feel like playing fallout 4 again for some reason
>reinstall and play
>oh god why is everything so fucking slow
>look for a fix and learn about the framerate engine lock
>unlock the framerate
>aw hell yeah we super smooth now
Until things escalated and the game crashed.

wow 1000 words, that's like, 2 full pages! you must be a genius user

What would fallout 4 be like if the people who made New Vegas made it instead?

enjoy getting stuck in computer terminals all the time

Yes, that's why it's called an easter egg.

I like how it was done in NV. Choosing if you want easter eggs or not is a perfect solution.

The entire Brotherhood.
The institute.
Synths.
The entirety of Fallout 4 civilzied society.
Super Mutants.
Ghouls appearances.
Guns.
Prewar technology designs.

Get one with the "Never Ending" Legendary effect.

youtube.com/watch?v=PxK2MwejLJA

Literally the best fallout game yet. Only thing that stopped New Vegas from being that is the engine and despite being another gamebryo mod, this one is miles ahead in terms of gameplay. Obsidian would never work with Bethesda again though because Beth didn't pay them and rushed the release of NV which was the main reason why the game was so panned at launch.

find never ending,bleeding, or explosive

This reminds me of my shotgun build in payday 2

Just a warning, in gamebryo the physics are tied to the frame rate. Get ready for some fuckery if things ever go over 60 fps.

>No lever action shotgun to use as a side arm.
>No pump action to use against things I really want dead.
>No AK-47 looking assault rifle, just a single huge tube assault rifle.
>No grenade launchers.
>Revolvers are shit.
>Combat rifle and shotgun look the exact fucking same.
FO4 was so fucking lazy, especially one weapons. Any chance Obsidian will get to make another Fallout? I want a decent fucking weapon selection for fuck sake.

Beth sabotaged them with NV so they won't renew the contract.

Why the fuck did they take out the CETME clone they had for 3?

Why the fuck does the equivalent in 4 look like a Vicker's gun?

Why the fuck are pump actions gone?

Why the fuck are you given Power Armor so early?

Why the fuck are you fighting Deathclaws so early?

Whyyyyyyyyyy

I'm going to start NV

I played 3 and dreaded it. I built character with the intention of playing like I did in fallout 3: sneak and small arms to be a cool sniper and find ammo easily and I absolutely dreaded the game. It felt grossly empty and tedious to navigate and explore.

Some hints and tips?
I'm planning on a high dex and cha character with low str and end

Being a sniper cunt is boring. Cowboy build is fun, Unarmed build is fun, Energy Weapons are fun.
Try not being a sniper cunt this time.

GO Crit/Melee

>Am I kawaii, nigguh?

>fallout 1
>cities starting to reemerge
>shady sands and the hub are well put together and relatively free of debris and dirt

>fallout 2
>shady sands is the largest post-war city and remains the nicest looking
>Klamath is well put together, cleanish
>NCR, New Reno, and Vault City are very nice and it looks like humanity is starting to really come back

>fallout 3
>181 years later
>everything is broken
>all settlements are made from scrap metal
>city built around the weapon that wiped humanity out
>holes in every wall
>dirt and debris everywhere
>no one is cleaning up the place or trying to make it look nice

>FNV
>towns are decent enough, many textures and objects reused/reskinned from 3
>New Vegas is a cleaner town than the ones in 3
>smaller communities are cleaner too

>Fallout 4
>same as 3, the Institute is the only clean area around, can't even fully clean up your own settlements

nuclear devastation does not equal permanent devastation

sniper cunt was fun as fuck in 2...

>like I did in falliut 3
fuck, meant to say 2

no

>yfw Nick Valentine has a case file mentioning every appearance of the Mysterious Stranger except for New Vegas

>Cowboy build is fun
tell me about cowboy build

also tell me about energy weapons build

not interested in melee really

>cowboy build
Revolvers and lever action guns, maybe pump action shotgun too. Wear a hat and a duster, be sure to get ranger armor as soon as you can.

>energy weapons
Find the unique weapons ASAP, Vault 22, and Sunset Sarsaparilla factory. Level science to make your own ammo. Wear a lab coat, armor is for stupid meat heads. Dead Money has the best Energy Weapon in the game, so maybe do that after you are at least level 20.

I kind of like the idea. These are supposed to be the shit weapons you find from the very start, they aren't supposed to be full on /k/. Makes ditching them for more high level weapons more satisfying.

Why's the damage output so low? It's still shooting a bullet

Honestly, I tried 3 and hated it, but then I played NV and rather enjoyed it.

The Gobi rifle is rather easy to get and absurdly strong for most of the game, so if you just want to clear house, find that for your build.

ED-E and Boone are the strongest companions. Raul is the coolest.

are you sure no sniper cunt?
I love being a sniper cunt

regardless, the factions, I've heard there is a new reno like in 2 and that they have turned it into fucking hippes, is this true?

also, where can i become an officer of the law?
Lawful neutral incoming

Don't forget Vault City and Broken Hills, which are completely newly constructed out of concrete and brick, with pavement and defensive structures on top of that.

No one at Bethesda even looked at screenshots of the original games.

going to try this, thanks

When even the big cashcow casinos on the strip are completely unrenovated shitholes with the insides of the building peeking through every wall in the high-rollers and bosses suite aswell as their public front, even though vegas clearly wasn't abandoned for fucking a hundred years for this decay to happen, then you know they're just doing it because they either didn't want to do any actual texture work, or because they thoughtlessly slapped their "art" style over everything.

They also put the ejection port on the left so you could see bullet casings fly on the screen. Similar reason they made a left handed bolt action rifle.

Sniper cunts are boring, but do whatever. There is no New Reno. You can't be a cop.

>you can't be a cop like in fallout 2

its shit, francis

Pipe weapons may be shit, but its the overall LACK of weapon variety which sucks most.

The crafting system was an alright idea, but aside from changing your scope or grip you don't really fundamentally change the appearance of your weapon. It's fucking disappointing gathering parts to slap together a Beta wave emitter for your laser gun, except it's just the same with some slightly different stats.

Pipe weapons would be neat in some kind of "You have nothing except for a pile of scraps" gameplay segment, but not when every fucking enemy uses them.

>I love being a sniper cunt
You can make fun sniper build in NV too, much better and with more depth and weapon selection than in Fallout 3.

You will start with a varmint rifle, low damage but it's light, ammo is cheap and plentiful, can be equipped with night vision scope. Good at the beggining and later for killing weak shit with cheap ammo.

Hunting rifle has high damage, high durability, will kill pretty much anything short of a deathclaw with one sneak critical headshot. It's just solid all around.

Sniper Rifle has slightly lower damage and way less durability than Hunting Rifle, but it can be equiped with a silencer for stealthy long range kills. I don't like it though, it's kinda broken and makes the game way too easy.

Anti-materiel rifle will kill pretty much everything in one shot but it's heavy, ammo is heavy and expensive, so most of the time it's overkill. I only bring it when I'm going to hunt Deathclaws.

Marksman Carbine is a semi-auto DMR-type rifle- it has very good DPS up close but is also pretty good at long range sniping, but you won't be able to one shot everything like with hunting/sniper/anti-materiel rifle. It's probably my favuorite, it's just very versatile and good all around.

Also, you can make a shotgun build and snipe with slugs at medium range.

>L-let me justify that leveled loot for you, user.

The part I hated was that instead of there being something like a crafting tree, where you could either make your rifle into a high damage, extremely accurate, slow firing sniper or a high RPM streetsweeper, the optimal configuration was always just the top tier parts. Even fucking COD knows how to do trade offs with weapon attachments.

Imagine if the top tier weaponsmith perk unlocked adding a legendary effect.

The combat rifle is the biggest offender for me, I'm not a /k/ommando but that thing makes me want to scratch my eyes out.

how about an assault build?

Running like a retard towards enemies with shotguns and smg?

That works too.

Fallout 2 lets you be:
>a tribal spear chucker
>a sheriff's deputy
>a gangster
>a pornstar
>a slaver
>a brotherhood of steel spy
>an enclave officer
>a boxing champion
>numerous, numerous other possibilities

Fallout 3 lets you be:
>a lost child looking for liam neeson
>a slaver(?)
>a brotherhood of steel knight(which is forced on you as part of the story)

Fallout 4 lets you be:
>Sarcastic wasteland jesus

fun

Gobi Rifle is behind a 100 lock isn't it?

It's easy to get to but you'd have to pump lockpick to actually get it early

Yes, but it only heals jews

does it at least change the particle effect to look like liquid nitrogen or something, or is it literally just regular fire that also magically freezes people?

It shoots ice particles that burn people.

youtube.com/watch?v=50QBTb6xvIs

>Bethesda games crashing
What's new?

Fallout 4 seems alot more stable for me apart from the occasional crash when saving manually.

I think Bethesda did it on purpose because they felt threatened by Obsidian and how much better they were at making a fallout game than them

>>No AK-47 looking assault rifle, just a single huge tube assault rifle.
The Assault Rifle in FO4 is actually a Heavy Machinegun. The AR had a model that, IIRC, is still in the files, but they arbitrarily axed it.

I get irrationally angry every time I see this, and I don't even care about the sanctity of Fallout or whatever.

That may as well have been the response he gave to someone why they added random Nyaan Cat memes to Fallout.

Maybe, but i think they did it because they are owned by a greedy fucking company called Zenimax, which does not care about anything but profit. They know that making a dumbed down action shooter where you play as the moral paragon of mankind will make alot more money than an in depth action rpg where the story is detailed and morally ambiguous and you actually choose what you do. It's not so much about being threatened, but more so because they're fucking cunts who don't care about their roots.

So what was the point of the pipe category anyways when they are complete shit and get tossed as soon as you find a better viable gun to use? Ever since I played FO4 I wondered what the fuck the point was.

Post your essay in a pastebin please

you literally get a better gun in the fucking tutorial, they HAND YOU A 10mil IN THE FUCKING TUTORIAL

Which is why guns and ammo are so scarce in Fallout games. Wait.

Well, if it somehow spits dry ice instead of flames, then it can burn and freeze you at the same time. But i doubt Bethesda even know what dry ice is

collectable spoons

I just wish they had done something to differentiate them. I mean they let you rechamber it to a different round later but a .45 pipe pistol is worse than a normal .45 pistol. They should have given each category of guns unique upgrades so there would be more reason to use one over another.

You end up with near infinite amounts of ammo for it. I just used it as a pestkiller.

Do they? I don't remember that.

I hate Fallout 4's weapons.

The combat shotgun's magazine is all the way down at the fucking barrel of the gun, instead of in an actual logical place

And someone please tell me how pic related works.

Many niggers live like that though. Todd just want to warn us.

Bethesda are literally the worst developer of all time.
Who the fuck buys this garbage?
God I hate this industry.

Why wouldn't it work?

wow, hello there.

I think it's supposed to have a water tank surrounding the barrel like pic related. Of course in real life water cooled guns were all stationary because of how fucking heavy a tank of water would be on top of the considerable weight of the gun itself. There's also the fact that water cooled guns would've been obsolete by the time Fallout's timeline split off from ours.

theres 2 10mm pistols in vault 111 and 100 bullets

It just works

That's probably it.

There's nothing wrong with it persay, it would work, but it's not as effective as it could be

Retarded mag placement makes it so the entire gun is off balance unless there is a considerablely heavy object on the other side

There's also the issue of how heavy this monster would be, unless you're wearing power armor you can't really use this shit. And if you are using power armor, why the fuck are you using like a 15 round 5.56 rifle and not a goddamn laser Gatling gun?

The bolt is the trigger.
IRL homemade weapons often have no real trigger or just a bolt or something. A weapon's trigger does not need to be curved. They're just made that way for user comfort.
The trigger is just a simple lever that prevents a spring loaded piece from flying forward. As long as it has some way to pivot ever so slightly inside of the gun then it can function.

They took their HMG and renamed it to be the AR after they scrapped the actual AR.

>before war
>pipe gun
>why

The bad part is that this is FALLOUT 4 (QUATRO, FOUR)

You'd think the fourth game of an established franchise would be a fucking blast and it would have lots of shit to do. I think Bethesda is the ONLY game company that constantly strips down mechanics and content that people find fun. (At least, no one does it in the amount Bethesda does)

I mean, as a game developer how much fucking shame do you feel when you hand your IP to another company with shitty time constraints and a horrible engine and they end up making a far better game than you could ever do?

So I got NV recently and a friend helped me mod it to hell and back.

I'm really enjoying it, but after a couple hours, it starts to slow down, it hitches a bit when I sprint, takes a second to open inventory windows and the pause menu. When I exit the game and restart, it goes back to normal, but after a couple hours, it starts up again.

Anyone else have this problem?

The fifth, actually.

The actual fourth game is a fucking blast and has lots of shit to do, but Bethesda says it doesn't exist so sorry.

post that load order son

if you ever have to ask about mod troubles anywhere that's the first thing you should do

See, I don't think the problem's with that. I think it's a memory thing, because when we first installed it a month back, there was a shitton of problems and we spent a few days playing with the load order and shit like LOOT/BOSS whatever.

It only came up after I'm just over 60 hours in too. and I haven't added any mod since that initial installation, which is 55 in game hours ago.

So we all agree that the best thing abot fallout 4 is the robots, right?

Ok, you got me there but still, my little cousin played the game and thought of ideas that could've been perfect for the game, and he is fucking 12

If Bethesda wanted to make the whole FO universe like it is a NV playthrough with the Wild Wasteland perk on all the time, then fantastic but they come out as lazy anyway

>tfw legendary enemies that mutate could've actually mutated and turn into some humanoid-deathclaw thing
>tfw the Institute could've had modified versions of existing robots made for battle and support
>tfw the Institute could've used that Animal cloning thing to launch an army of Gorillas at you
>tfw the Robot Racetrack could've been a good way to rack up the dough

I never really believed in the "games now are games for casuals" meme. But, oh boy Fallout 4 did fucking prove me wrong

>wooden blocks spelling out words like "lol bs"
>teddy bears fucking everywhere doing funny things
>skeletons in funny poses
>jetpack in Power Armor that only serves as 10 minutes of entertainment
>possible romance between companions but we don't even get to see a fucking handshake between your character and their companions
>50% of the mods are bug fixes, performance fixes and high res textures because their rendering is shit

Yeah, if i can give ANY fucking credit to this game is the robots, especially the Assaultrons and the Synths, they made them scary to face in close quarters

You'd have to look at it from the bottom to see if it would actually work as a trigger, from the side it looks like someone screwed a bolt in where they saw a trigger on a real gun, kind of like various features on knockoff pistols from East Asia.

At least the new Elder Scrolls won't have guns so there won't be retarded weapon designs
r-right?

Skyrim should have answered that question already

I love NV, in fact I'd say it's my favorite game, but they failed in that regard.

Granted yeah, not much they could do, but for all it's faults fallout 4's gunplay was faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more satisfying.

Really hoping for an obsidian made fallout again, these graphics and gunplay with obsidian's everything else is my dream.

Everything Bethesda does is a good idea on paper but absolute garbage in practice. It's almost like their devs are all idea men, business men and pretentious artists but there are actually very few competent coders and creative designers for execution.

Maybe it's something to do with your saves. I know the console versions have severe save bloat that can potentially ruin your system but I've never seen anything like that on pc

Was there any situation you would use a pipe gun unless you ran out of ammo for your real guns? Why do they even exist, nevermind in such abundance.

>mfw I liked the pipe guns, legendary effects and all the other dumb weapon designs
Fallout 4 really isn't that awful, you know. Its not great, but its overall an improvement over Skyrim and FO3.

Fallout 4 is okay if you accept that Fallout is dead as a series and think of it as an FPS instead of an RPG.

DUDE AUTO CROSSBOWS LMAO

They are early games weapons, nothing more.

Really makes you think

>100 master lock pre-war safe
>Open it
>Night vision signted pipe rifle
>20 bottle caps
>10 5.56 ammo.

I use auto pipegun pistol for annoying little cunts like bloodbugs and bloatflies.

But that was Obsidian

WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS

Why would you lock up a pipe gun in a safe then? Any semi-conscious adventurer would have a better weapon, and if they didn't, they'd be carrying it around as their only gun.

Doesn't say it's from before the war

>My 10mm silenced peashooter deals more damage in one shot than my high-caliber automatic submachine gun can do in a full magazine

BRAVO

Duh, to mess with looters

>call a game out on overdoing suspension of disbelief
>damage control is retorting with a straw man
every time

To be fair Daedric weapons have always been a bit silly, and Skyrim's lumpy spiked edges are better than the swords made of rusted scabs in Oblivion.

This guy is a second gen mutant

the pipe guns were literally fucking pointless as well because you start the game with a 10mm pistol and get plenty of ammo for it then get a laser musket shortly after, both of which are vastly superior to any pipe weapon

they are a completely and utterly redundant weapon class in fallout 4, i have no idea why they decided to make such shitty weapons

Fallout 4's ending

>"I can feel it all wash over me. The heat. The force. The radiation...the fear. It's the end of the world - all over again. I close my eyes, I see my life before all of this. Before the bombs. Everything can change in an instant, and the future you plan for yourself shifts - whether or not you're ready. At some point, it happens to all of us. This, wasn't the world I wanted; but it was the one I found myself in. The Commonwealth, my home. Ripped apart, and put back together.

I thought I...I hoped I could find my family. Cheat time. Make us whole again. The way we were. But now, I know. I know I can't go back. I know the world has changed. The road ahead will be hard. This time, I'm ready. Because I know, war...war never changes."

What sense does the quote "War... war never changes" make in this shitty ending? None of the factions (Or you) ever experiences a sudden realization that they are heading on the wrong path that led the Old World into destruction.

Some people just outright hate everything related to gameplay, to me the worst offender of the entirety of FO4 is the fact that they overuse the quote and that it makes no sense.

"War. War never changes" is supposed to tell you that since war won't change, men must change, but your character doesn't even change the way anyone sees the Commonwealth and its conflict, your character just seems to go along what everyone tells him

To me it feels wasteful to use good weapons like 10mm or above on shit enemies like ghouls and flies so I always have a .38 pipe weapon on hand as plinker for those little guys.

why did morrowind have japanese weapons

Close proximity to Akavir.

The Imperials use some japanese weapons because they used to be occupied by fantasy-japan.

Did they remove the time requirement from Fallout 1 for Fallout 2?

Good builds for Fallout 2? What to visit/see/do first?

Also any suggestions for Frank West builds across all of the games, or just specific ones?

It literally means nothing. It's like when reddit got a hold of rage faces

>meet Shaun on his deathbed
>he asks why you would betray him and destroy the institute
>can only give vague "because the institute is bad" without actually calling him out on the institutes shady practices and giving examples

anything more than HATE SHAUN is too complicated for bethesda

Charm is needed for multiple companions
Make Merle important beginning game and then buff guns then energy
Agility is good get most stats to 6-7 power armour will give you a 10 in strength.
Spend your caps/coins on stim packs/ammo
Find the gauss rifle
The combate shotgun h&k claws make good trade
Gambling is a useless skill same as Doctor

anyone with an old gpu managed to play this piece of shit?
i have an hd6800 and can't upgrade atm.
any tips to run this?

*melee
Also make stats even not odd.
Run from most fights

Its just amazing that this game has more fetch quests and i feel more like an errand-boy than the better game with the protagonist errand-boy

There are levels of bad who can only be achieved by Bethesda

All the dialogue options in the game leave no room for diversity
>Option 1: Be a total dickhead
>Option 2: Be a kissass pushover
>Option 3: Sarcastic, which will either be a friendly joke or a total dickhead remark
>Option 4: Bye

>& Knuckles

Easter Eggs are canon unless stated otherwise.

Actually, it seems to be based off of the Lewis Gun

Pic related

>Protag and family literally stare at a full scale nuclear explosion in the intro
>Don't get blinded, irradiated, or instantly vaporized

Radiation only spreads after the cloud disappears. Vaporization is a matter of distance.

see

Don't worry, thankfully we live in Boston, where Ghouls can survive 200 years without food or water except for those Ghouls that actually need to get fed

>Ghouls hanging around in graveyards for some weird reason even though they totally aren't zombies

You realize people can own more than one weapon right? Like, how many of the same gun do you see throughout the game? How much stuff do you horde? It's better to have some type of gun locked away in case of emergency, even if it is only a shitty pipe weapon.

Kind of like how in Fallout 1, when The Master nukes the Cathedral and the Vault Dweller survives just by running away in under five minutes?

The nuke detonated in Cathedral in underground rather than detonaned mid air. This makes a huge difference.

A self-destruct sequence for an underground base.

Not an airburst nuclear weapon.

This thread made me angry.

Holy shit that image makes me come that much closer to burning down the Beth software building with Todd "Lying Mountains" Howard and Pete "Attention Span" Hines in it.

Is that face photoshopped?

I just refuse to believe someone would make a face like that on purpose, knowing their picture was being taken.

There's Red Orchestra and Armed Assault that do this.

Which is why I cannot go half a mile without stumbling across a gun on the dirt road.

>Elevator to the vault is slow as fuck for no good reason other than Bethesda wanting to show off a shitty explosion

It's fucking perfect.

Fucking 10/10.

spoons?

pretty sure that's the exact opposite of the truth. considering guns are so common and every goddamn vault has an armory

DUDE

NUKES

LMAO

>Fighting super mutants
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Honestly, was Fallout 4 a bad move for Bethesda?

I don't think it was. I mean, they got themselves millions of shekels.

>Early Level

>Kill a shit ton of raiders in a herd

>Get lots of xp

>Need more ammo cause I just used a lot

>Well okay lets se-

>Its all pipe ammo

>I'm not using a pipe gun Im using the Pistol 10mm

They try to force their shitty ideas down their consumers throats because Todd thought it would be so cool

I hope Obsidian returns soon.

Why do supermutants have to use those things in their mouths? I've never really read anything about it

>Tfw will always be francis pimp

I found one of those in my first playthrough. Fucking amazing to freeze someone solid with a VATS crit and then slather them in icy-hot.

Just a shame the flamer is such a shit weapon otherwise.

upper lips are to heavy to move normally. not all muties need them

Their lips would probably droop over their mouths otherwise according to the Fallout Bible.

Pretty much all the heavy weapons are shit which is a shame.

The game pretty much encourages everyone to play a sneak-sniper, like in every fucking bethesda game.

It's an LMG, probably based off the Lewis gun. The tube at the end is a cooling shroud. They should have called it an LMG and used the Chinese assault rifle instead, but there's nothing really wrong with the gun inyour pic except maybe being a bit stylized

That is a shame. With all the sneak damage perks it is the best way to play by far. The minigun is the iconic power armor weapon and yet there is no reason to use it at all.

I definitely think they need to make some changes to their core formula if they want to keep raking in that dosh, and I'm not just saying that because I can't stand their games. Some of my old co-workers where the kind of guys to enthusiastically eat up every new Assassin's Creed and whatever AAA hogwash that's hyped to hell and back every year and even they were bored to death by Fallout 4.
And that seems like the popular view of FO4 at this point, and not just on places like Cred Forums either.

If they're losing people like that, clearly they're screwing up somehow and they can't keep this up for much longer.

Whoever designed the guns at Bethesda needs to be fucking shot and have their corpse raped by a pack of violent drunk apes

jesus christ. Fo4 certainly wasn't the best fallout, but do people really straight up dislike it?

literally the worst game in recent times

I think it's mostly a case of overhype. The previews showing the weapon customization, settlement building, trade routes, all the really cool survival stuff sounded freaking awesome. But most of it ended up being meaningless so what we ended up with was a simpler version of 3.

It's the eternal problem of how to balance RPG-scaling of weapons vs. realism. I liked Deus Ex's attempt, bullets hit hard at any level but your accuracy is shit at lower levels. Not many games do this though.

really? it wasn't very good in my opinion, but Ive still played through it a decent amount.

you think that Fo4 was worse than the new cod (holy shit I dont even remember which one is the new one) or Hardline? I think thats a pretty big stretch.

I wouldn't say dislike so much as a personal awe that they released that piece of shit game and anyone liked it.

If I wasn't easily amused by simply wandering and exploring then the game would have no value at all.

This is a strong exaggeration. It's not great but I've still put like 300 hours into it so it's probably worth the money I paid for it.

Obsidian is dead dude, all their "star" devs are freelance and Obsidian themselves are working on shitty F2P games and probably PoE 2.

literally why i stopped playing
>see the trailers
>power armor looks awesome
>excited to make a samus like character focussing on the power armor and energy weapons
>run out of ammo constantly
>forced to used the shitty pipe guns
>too autistic to cheat in energy cells because immersion is important to me
>on top of that DUDE YOU'RE MARRIED AND YOU HAVE SON LMAO
Dropped it like it was a hot turd.
Glad i pirated it, maybe when the mod community is big enough i'll consider buying it with the dlcs.

The Institute was a waste of time and so was their overall objective. Hell with their resources, no matter how limited, they could've easily worked together with the Commonwealth to help clean it up and bring it back to modern society. Nope, gotta nuke it instead.

blame No Mutants Allowed

they've been throwing shitfits about everything bethesda ever since the LE LORE RAEPED!!! of FO3.

Before FO3, people liked Bethesda both as a developer and publisher.

Harpoon Gun is fucking stupid.
It's clearly one of those guns you're forced to take Quick Hands if you want to use it on any length because more often than not on Survival, you'll just drop dead unless you're fighting someone mano-a-mano

What doesn't make sence is how every raider has same self made weapons. Shitty gun design idea could have been solved by puttin a weapon manufactured in commonwealth, it would explain why everyone have same shit. Like gun runners in NV.

WHY

>What doesn't make sence is how every raider has same self made weapons.
It's a video game and so there have to be some breaks from perfect realism to keep the budget in check. Sorry that procedural zip guns weren't in the budget. Maybe you should go play Borderlands or something.

>Like gun runners in NV.
You mean the people who, if you annihilate to the last man, still operate just fine?

Thank christ there are people out there fixing their game for them:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3306/?

Too bad modding out SEANNNNNNNNNN and the rest of that bullshit would be like making a whole new game....

>East Coasters are so retarded in Fallout 3 and 4 that they cannot even make a basic shovel AK

>every single ending involves nukes
Is this Beth's hamhanded attempt at a message? War never changes?
If so that's so fucking stupid

But my if my spoon is too big?

yuo see ivan, when yuo are of attach shovel to kalashnikov rifle, then yuo can kill kebab and dig grave at same time

>Is this Beth's hamhanded attempt at a message? War never changes?
They pushed the 'War Never Change' sentence down your throat about 5 times during the intro movie. So of course the end message is War Never Changes.

Because you'd think after 5 main titles they would have something amazing going on, but no, its just many kinds of gameplay ripped off from other games and plastered into the game

Even on my first playthrough i felt it, just the tedious repetitive shit over and over again, i just rushed the Institute ending because the final mission was interesting (Compared to the other shit quests)

But the real icing on the cake was the start of the 2nd playthrough and all i had to say was "OH MY FUCKING GOD, THE RAILROADING IN THIS GAME IS FUCKING DISGUSTING"

You'd be shocked at how retarded americans actually are when it comes to guns. The

Just go ask /k/. Their understanding of /diy/ guns ends at the "Four-Winds", and they are literally incapable of conceiving of things like spring-loaded hammers/firing pins, trigger assemblies, or even barrels that aren't made out of a specific brand and size of automotive brake line that isn't produced anymore.

This is what they consider an impressive "infographic" over there.

>guide is literally "HOW TO BUILD A BOMB: First, start with a bomb, then put it in a tuna can, and shoot it with a .22. sincerely, animefan420xXx"

>Le shovel ak may may :^)

That's not "made out of a shovel". If you actually read the original posts by that guy, you'd know that he used a high-end parts kit.

The shovel only makes up the lower receiver (which has pretty much no real importance other than holding some other bits in place, bits which were from said high-end parts kit) and forming the stock and barrel shroud.

Everything else on it is high-end gear from a factory. It's not impressive at all.

The question is, there are gun manufacturers in the Western Coast making new guns with pre war schematics.

What the fuck the East Coast's doing?

Why put in self made guns at all? All of the guns could have been pre-war and no questions would arise.
How is Borderlands better or relavent to Bethesda's incompetency?

Synths ain't gonna build themselves

The whole fucking game

any tips for a new player? the weapons are so under powered in this game, after finally finding a sniper all i do is stealth snipe..and i cant get a supresser for a while(locked behind stupid ass perks)

EVERY shotgun ive found is a short sawed off double barrel and they barely do shit. any better shotguns?

game took out aim assist so now you have to use vats

The only thing close going on is the Pitt.

It's like after Fallout 3 the question was "what do they eat". Bethesda made fucking sure to cover that in F4. Now it's "why does everyone have same self made guns".
Obsidian had everything down in NV

>"why does everyone have same self made guns"
Because it's cool and FO has always been pretty mad-max like? It's not like F1 and F2 didn't have shitty pipe rifles alongside the laser guns and P90s.

If anything, the real question is where do the Gun Runners get steel to make their guns? How do they make ARs and the like without forging? There's no evidence of a steel industry in NV.

BTW, how does this gun cycle? And how does the (cut) reflex sight work?

>that gun

I swear my pants were on a second ago

>Obsidian had everything down in NV
What do they eat?

Seriously, what do they eat in NV? There's only a couple of fields. There's evidence of brahmin herding and hunting in F3, but how do people survive on wispy dying wheat from only like half an acre in NV?

>Average settlement has 10-20 people
>Only two major towns (neither of which's population exceeds 50 give or take)
>Thousands and thousands of raiders who keep stealing supplies despite such a limited amount of the population producing food

>game took out aim assist so now you have to use vats
Are you being serious?

>le im so /k/ haha i love le AR15
HOW
DOES
IT
CYCLE

>Really hoping for an obsidian made fallout again

Now way is Tod going to let Obsidian outshine Bethesda again.

New Vegas import Brahmin meat from California. If only you did the Brahmin baron quest. There's also communal farms outside of Vegas.

Why not just add fucking magic?

Ive literally never shot an ar15 before desu, I was just saying it looks sexy as fuck

that looks like fun

Not a single fucking todd post wtf people

Unless you happen to find weapon with explosive effect or straight up buy and use Spray 'n Pray and/or Kiloton Radium Rifle

I don't know. Seeing how you can mine uranium and turn in to nuclear material in Fallout 4 I don't think it's too difficult to get steel.
On serious note wasn't Vegas supposed to get caravans from NCR?

Memes amiright guys haha XD

Wrong. The government urged people to all get 10mm to 'defend the homefront'.

neva been dun befo

well since everygame has used aim assist in the past 10 or so years, my skill of manual aiming with a controller has diminished dramatically

rarely ever used vats in the previous games since the aim assist snapped to the chest and just had to pull back to raise the aim to the head for easy damage.

Except NV doesn't explain what anyone eats before the NCR got there. It was mostly roving gangs before House woke up and whipped everyone into shape. All the farmland was developed by the NCR or NCR citizens who moved there, and most of the beef comes form the NCR as well. New Vegas is shown to be almost entirely dependent on the NCR for supplies, yet somehow there were 5 or 6 gangs plus some ordinary people probably living there for two centuries. It's a desert, it's not like there's an abundance of natural resources. Yeah there's Hoover damn but it's not like the pre-House gangs would know how to operate it.

God fucking damnit.
I feel awful for Sawyer and co. Not only did Beth sabotage them and jew them out of a proper paycheck and grasp of a series they care deeply about but then Beth have to follow up with THIS atrocity of a """""""""""""""""game"""""""""""""""""""

It'd be nice if just once, ONCE, Todd could put the tiniest bit of effort into making an actual believable world with believable elements like NV. Instead we get le random wacky magic skele XDDD funny teddy hehehehe garbage.

What bugs me is that they made up all these new gun animations, yet decided to hack up the ARs so they can reuse the fallout 3 animations.

>buying a Bethesda game on console

>On serious note wasn't Vegas supposed to get caravans from NCR?
Literally the opposite. They get stopped at the Mojave outpost because memes, conspiracies, and engine limitations. It's how you meet Cass and explains why there are no wandering merchants like in F3 (and also plays into a couple other quests, like the ultra-luxe's meat situation)

>I don't know. Seeing how you can mine uranium and turn in to nuclear material in Fallout 4
They at least mention it. Where are the iron mines in NV? Where is the steel coming from? 1000 year old lunchboxes?

The fact that you use lack of skill as design flaw just makes me sad.

Probably a delayed blowback design of some kind, 5.56 is manageable enough for it and the manufacturing and maintenance requirements for a DI rifle, especially one intended for deployment in harsh desert areas, would be pretty significant.

it literally is magic
the legendary system has the same filenames as the enchantment system in skyrim

>buying a Bethesda game

FTFY

>believable elements like NV
The entire premise of Hoover Dam says hello.

>two guns use the same ammunition
>they do vastly different amounts of damage

This, it's extremely common in FPS, I'm not sure why people whine about it so much in Fallout. Fucking Far Cry 2 had flipped gun models, and that game's whole gimmick was immersion.

>man why are these cobbled together gun designs so fucking shitty
I dunno, ask americans. This is what americans literally come up with in times of need. You're lucky the things in F4 even have triggers or sights or fixed barrels.

at least that kinda makes sense

Just turn your brain off bro

>Instead we get le random wacky magic skele
But this was an NV thing.

It was a bonus paycheck, stop memeing. If Obsidian almost went bankrupt because they didn't get a bonus that's their own fault.

If I get hundreds of hours of playtime out of it why would I be against paying money for it?

how isnt it a design flaw?
if there wasnt aim assist my skill would be even better but you cant make games unless they cater to casuals now so years with aim assist fucked my skill up.

most games wont even let you turn it off.

>A 9mm pistol and a 9mm carbine will have the same ballistics
>a 9mm pistol and a 10mm pistol will have significantly different ballistics

people who dont know about guns shouldnt comment on their representation in video games

>Every day I am reminded that I spent my hard earned money on the utter trash that is Fallout 4

So basically everything in the entire game except Yao Guais, Deathclaws, Securitrons, Assaultrons, and that one raider during that one Institute mission who camped in the building and would instantly shoot you while you were on the slow as fuck elevator.

Aside from the sharecropper farms and all the brahmin/big horner ranches, I believe it's implied or outright stated that there are caravans coming in from California with food and other supplies.

>most games wont even let you turn it off.
even Call of Duty lets you turn it off (though the game becomes near-unplayable online without an aftermarket controller, but still)

You wont like it, people here can be plain stupid and talk shit like FNV is a complete different game, it isnt, if you didnt like F3 I guarantee you wont like New Vegas either, only retards here on Cred Forums play FNV, true patricians play a Tale of Two Wastelands.

cementing his point even further.
aim assist has become mandatory killing actual skill.

>Tetris is too hard
>Just make all the shapes the same
Skill is why we play games. Why not go watch a movie, sound more like your style.

>I believe it's implied or outright stated that there are caravans coming in from California with food and other supplies.
the literal opposite is stated and it's why Cass is sitting around drinking her dykey whore paint off in the mess hall of the mojave outpost. caravans are, for whatever reasons (probably engine limitations hastily written into lore) being denied access to the area. it's supposed to be the tiny-ass sharecropper farms supplying ALL the food to NV.

>all the brahmin/big horner ranches,
you mean all the ones that are invariably abandoned?

iirc F3 and NV don't have aim assist either, so you're just bad. the gunplay is horrid but you're bad at its horrid gunplay on top of it

You didnt like SCIENCE1?

>burning hammer
go away kenta kobashi

Gun laws are strict in the current day commonwealth.

you recall incorrectly, just stop and hide this thread
it was always on with no way to turn off.

Admittedly abandoned due to security systems still being active
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_Vegas_Steel
However
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Coyote_Mines
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Techatticup_mine
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ruby_Hill_mine
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lucky_Jim_mine
And considering the Deathclaw infestation was a recent event
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Quarry_Junction

>sneak and small arms to be a cool sniper and find ammo easily
>It felt grossly empty and tedious to navigate and explore.
welp is correct in that NV is just more of the same you saw in F3, but it's actually even worse because the sight lines and areas in NV are in general much larger, but have less actual content or even props in them. so you'll be doing a lot of stand-up gun fighting in the fucking flat desert (unlike F3 that at least had SOME urban area and rocks and shit to clamber around for cover. NV, as an area, is mostly flat and open)

also charisma is completely useless because speech checks can ALL be circumvented by just murdering someone or having the right perk. and the perks you use to get around speech checks largely do not have tough restrictions. you can get everything you want in NV by being a bisexual swindler and taking the sexuality perks (because Obsidian and that homofaggot Joshy Sawyer being crypto-SJWs)

Okay, I have a stupid question -- what's up with modding in Fallout 4? I know when it came out you had to change some .ini setting to enable modding.

I know Beth has their own official Mod channel now but do you still need to make .ini changes and shit to use mods? I keep hearing game updates break stuff because the .ini reverts or the location changes.

You used to be able to just drag and drop files -- I never bothered with Mod Manager because I didn't use many mods -- is there a reason you can't do that anymore? Will you be able to eventually?

>Completely fucks over unique weapons
>Doesn't even give them special designs
>Doesn't even give them special animations or effects
>Doesn't even give them a unique fucking sound effect
>All unique weapons now just have shitty legendary effects with retarded names so you know they are uniques

Hope the fucks that bought this shit are happy with having legendary effects now that they get their meme-of-the-week rolling pins with a whacky name to highlight their whacky effects.

It's because its talking about turning a bomb into a claymore, not making a bomb, you fucking gimp tard.

It's coming back from the NCR. Vegas is the frontier at that point. And I'm sure the gunrunners either have their own stockpiles/recycle metal with their forges because the vegas embargo wasn't always there.

You're a fucking idiot.

Seriously.

What the fuck were you thinking when you posted that shit, nigga?

Is John Romero the end boss in Doom? No. It's the fucking Icon of Sin, and John Romero's head is merely a joke.

>Admittedly abandoned
so basically there is no one producing steel in all of New Vegas, and yet there's somehow a flourishing gun industry (but literally no other industry making literally anything else)

hmmmmmmm

i remember quick saving and quick loading like 20 times when exploding some random dude with that shotty

I think he's saying that specifically in Fallout, Easter Eggs are usually canon.

If you liked 3, New Vegas, or any other Bethesda game for that matter really seriously do stay away. It curdled all my fond memories.

Really grasping at those straws son

The shooting is way better and the companions are more influential though. It's not nearly as bad as memers say.

Its not terrible. Honestly, if it weren't for all the hype and high expectations, it would be a solid 7/10 for most people.

>turning a bomb into a claymore
Except it's not a claymore.

claymores are specific munitions (really more of a brand name than a larger type of device) and it's not at all like a claymore. claymores are directional, command-detonated, and uses a charge to send a sheet of steel balls into a kill zone.

That's a tuna can filled with a random assortment of match heads and nails nigger-rigged to a mouse-trap on a piece of fishing line to uselessly shoot a tiny hole through it with a .22 round.

On top of it all, it's a shitty mine, too. It's big, heavy, overdesigned, and largely pointless as a guide since it really is basically "take some explosives, now put it on the ground. congrats!! play safe and dont hit on me silly atf!! sincerely, animefanfoxloverboy420xXx"

>Legendary weapons in FO3 are the same as regular weapons except in stats and name
>Legendary weapons in FONV have unique looks, stats, and even firing sounds
>Legendary weapons in FO4 are magically augmented weapons you can scrap and rebuild to look like weaponized garbage

Basically this. The game PLAYS better than any Bethesda game ever has. There are just a lot of bad design choices. I think they can make something phenomenal with the next game.

I know someone who ate this shit up.
It's literally only because it has "Fallout" on the cover. That's the only "good" thing he can tell me about it. But he still plays the shit out of it.
Might also have something to do with the nude mods and huge tits

The one thing I found entertaining about Fallout 4's weapons was being a sniper with the plasma rifle, timing long range shots with the projectile delay made me feel cool.

The biggest problem with that fridge quest is how no one found him or let him out in 200 years even though he wasn't hidden or hard to get at all

reminder that this is what the average american thinks is about the most advanced gun a single person could conceivably build (that isn't an AR15 shit out by a GhostGunnerâ„¢ ofc)

>can't aim

>pull back to aim up
>pull back
>inverted controls while not in an aeroplane

disgusting.

the cryolator is a project the overseer was working on and deathclaws have had 2 centuries to migrate across America; they existed before The War

fallout 1 doesn't have pipe rifles

if functioning cryogenics only existed in vault 111

then what the fuck did braun use for his vr chambers in vault 112

I feel like the only reason why Assaultrons are scary is because they can use a insta-kill brimstone attack of 'fuck you' straight to your face from a mile away.

The feral ghouls and the deathclaws were a improvement though. When fighting deathclaws it's nice that they don't feel like the worlds fastest glass cannon anymore.

Fucking with people for 200 years

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pipe_rifle

F2 and VAN FUCKING BUREN had one.

Yes, and underneath the wacky exterior of the setting and characters was an actually interesting and well-written story and set of morals. I don't think anyone in their right mind would say the same about Fallout 3: 2 Electric Sheep Boogaloo

>directional
>command-detonated
>kill zone

Holy shit someone knows what a claymore is

fuck me sideways

>feral ghouls
>an improvement
they're some of the worst bullet sponges in the game once you get to the later tiers

yes, that's exactly what my post implies. thank you for clarifying for people who can't read.

you do realise new vegas is basically untouched territory , right ?

before the deathclaw infestation / the powder ganger breakout , the quarry was working full time to send building material back in NCR territory (with the train system IIRC)

there's a bunch of mines in new vegas, just nowhere to process it. they just send it back in NCR territory to be processed, then send the useful stuff back.

same for the gun runners, the NV outpost is just an outpost, it's not their main base.

i mean ,i can understand you're a bit mad because they're telling us stuff rather than showing it, but at least make an effort and use logic.

the NCR has vehicles, it's ranging from the north of the country to mexico, and at this point i'm pretty sure NCR, vault city and new reno are pretty much 100% rebuilt and in pre-war condition. (with working cars and shit)

Anyone know what happened to the guys from Troika? Are they still in the industry or did they all disappear?

>Ten months have passed

>Cred Forumsirgins still BTFO about this piece of shit game

Will you faggots EVER get over this?

All of the New Vegas DLC was trash, especially Lonesome Road. Granted FO4 jewed people out even more with their DLC scheme, but that doesn't excuse Obsidian. It's bizarre how badly the writing tanked.

You should already know cawadooty changed the meaning and function of what an actual claymore is and does.
Kind like xerox machines, its a brand name that became a general term for something.

That may have been the point of the post though, to poke fun of them.

>He didn't like the writing in Dead Money
>Or in OWB
>Or the characters and the Survivalist's logs from Honest Hearts
You are not my nigga at all.

im not very far in but the only ghoul thats a bullet sponge is glowing ones
hell i faced a legendary feral at the same time as a normal glowing one and the legend died super fast with the gun i was using while glowing one took minutes to kill.

>Holy shit someone knows what a claymore is
yeah and it's not whoever made >americans LITERALLY are unable to figure out how to ignite smokeless powder without the aid of a 9v battery

truely animézing

>feral ghoul roamer

even after pumping so many bullets into its head that the volume of the projectiles easily exceeds the volume of his cranium, he doesnt die

I have literally replaced his brain with lead

yet he continues to have motor control and senses

if functioning cryogenics only existed in vault 111, made by vault-tec, who is working really closely with the government, then why the fuck was post-crogenic syndrome a thing ?

No Mutants Allowed will NEVER stop crying about F3 and F4. It will never EVER stop.

People here are still crying over Skyrim after 5 years, meanwhile it's still one of the top games on Steam and Beth are getting away with releasing a $60 remaster on console.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up NMA as some boogeyman, like it means anything. And it's obvious that it's just you doing the NMA-posting in the thread. It's baffling.

>If functioning cryogenics only existed in vault 111
>post-crogenic syndrome
You've already answered your own question.

>he doesn't remember the shitstorms around the time F3 came out

they were literally the ones who came up with the WHAT DO THEY EAT?? thing.

>they were literally the ones to come up with a valid criticism for a bad game
Ok?

>Pre-Beth ghouls are weak as fuck, slow as fuck, fragile as fuck
>Post-Beth ghouls are faster than any human, take absofuckinglutely ridiculous damage despite having no armor, tear apart power armor with their bare hands, and have zero need for food, water, or oxygen

Why haven't ghouls taken over the wasteland again?

>but literally no other industry making literally anything else
>food and irrigation (Westside has farms)
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/NCR_sharecropper_farms
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Westside
>the OSI lab for scientific pursuits
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Camp_McCarran
>clean water
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lake_Mead
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Hoover_Dam
>medicinal supplies and medical training
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Mormon_Fort
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_Vegas_medical_clinic
>commerce and trade (non militant goods)
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/New_Vegas
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson_Caravan
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Novac
>commerce and trade (firearms and military tech)
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Runners
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Graff
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Arms_merchant

test

>these shitty ieds

Fuck I should get in the garage and make some bombs again

I bet I could make way better bombs than that nigger. I made better bombs than that when I was a kid.

Always wanted to try and make some ANFO...

they're too busy hanging out in graveyards and really small crawlspaces

did you pass

>generic sword with material differences
>generic axe with material differences
>generic mace with material differences
>same for two handed
>same for bows
>same for crossbows (maybe)
>no polearms
>no throwing weapons
And the part that really pisses me off about Elder Scrolls is that most weapons are just remakes made of something different as a direct upgrade, and then there's literally no reason to ever go back to a previous material. They could've made it interesting, but no. Not to mention all the combat is just clicking until it dies, almost no depth. Just play Mount and Blade tbqhwyf.

>crimson caravan
>who provide literally nothing to anyone and have one trader who only sells trash
>gun runners and van graffs
>manufacturing firearms with no steel industry or electronics industry respectively
>fresh water
>no irrigation lines to be seen anywhere
>scientific pursuits
>amounts to sending mercs to an overgrown vault full of plant zombies to die
>food
>sharecropper farms
>literally not even a full acre of the most sparse farmland ever rendered in a video game

reported, enjoy prison muhamad

Literally none of what you just posted is true. Why am I still responding to this shit.

>muh AK built out of a shovel
You do know that thing used original AK parts minus the receiver which is the simplest part to make on an AK, the barrel (which was from a barrel blank), and the stock. Realistically you aren't going to be making much more than bolt action/other manual actions or straight blowback semi/full auto guns (submachine guns, smaller caliber pistols, or pistols that are extremely bulky for what they fire like Hi Point's pistols) out of a decently equipped machine shop. No, Khyber pass does not manufacture their own AKs, they just rebuild ones that broke.

>How do they make ARs and the like without forging? There's no evidence of a steel industry in NV.
AR-15 upper and lower receivers are made out of aluminum. Maybe they get their steel shipped from California and do the actual work by New Vegas due to regulations?

Do you have no concept of gameplay/story segregation?

>Why haven't ghouls taken over the wasteland again?
small numbers of them not having turbo-dimentia and becoming american nigger tier berserkers

>AR-15 upper and lower receivers are made out of aluminum
How do they get aluminum without bauxite from the west indes? How do they manufacture aluminum with such little electricity that the local solar plant can't even feed both the strip and the suburbs around it? What do they all eat?

I can like feel the veins swell in my neck every time I see this image.

WHAT
DO
THEY
E A T

No I did not.

vault-tec can work on its own, but most projects were made for the army.

if they fucking managed to make cryogenics works, then why did nobody but them get it ?

beside, the vast fucking majority of the vault were meant to keep people safe, and only some had a slight twist, usually to test how future societies might work.

They have farms and supply lines from the NCR. You seem bitter as fuck about something, user.

La Longue Carabine is my personal choice of sniper weapon. Ratslayer is fantastic early game.

This could be applied to a lot of criticisms of the Beth games as well though.

You're not "irrationally" angry. You're angry, and with good reason.

There are thousands of people that would kill to have that man's job. They would love the chance to represent a company and its franchises that they care about, and the financial security on top of that would just be a bonus. Especially in this economy, getting a job at all has become difficult, let alone a great job like that would be.

Then you see a guy have that job, and not only does he do the job poorly, he openly displays his contempt for the job, the games, and the community.

He is a total fucking scumbag and should have been fired immediately after saying that. There are very few people in the world that I hate on a deep personal level, and he is one of them.

How does this gun even cycle? The bolt can't go all the way back and there's no charging handle. How does it work? Why can't Ob$idian make a realistic gun?

>who provide literally nothing to anyone and have one trader who only sells trash
Trash like basic home goods like kitchen utensils, tools, and educational reading material? Just because it can't all be used for crafting or killing doesn't mean someone wouldn't buy a fork or a vacuum cleaner.
>no irrigation lines to be seen anywhere
Except for the big one coming from Lake Mead, into several pumping stations around Outer Vegas and into the sharecropper farms? Either click the link or play the game and look.
>manufacturing firearms with no steel industry or electronics industry respectively
Already mentioned this but the Hoover Dam can still generate electricity and Quarry Junction and the inside of the Gun Runners factory has mill equipment.
>>amounts to sending mercs to an overgrown vault full of plant zombies to die
Hildern isn't the entirety of the OSI and the Followers of the Apocalypse cover those areas. The Brotherhood does too, but their xenophobia leaves them off the list.
>literally not even a full acre of the most sparse farmland ever rendered in a video game
Goodsprings has farmland in the whole town and can do so in the middle of the desert due to the water pumps that you see in the beginning of the game, other communities like Prim (behind the houses near the playground), and Nipton (before the Legion raid) also have farms. Hell, the Wolfthorn Ranchouse is a fully functional farm and is just up the road from Nipton.

C'mon user. If your not going to play the game with your eyes open, at least read the wiki.

That can really only apply to the caravans in Fo3 though. Otherwise it isn't really the same thing if there isn't even an *attempt* at explaining the area's infrastructure.

The Legion was also handled horribly in new Vegas and is probably the biggest flaw in the game.

i prefer full realism ;-;

they die in 1-2 bullets
i die in 1-2 bullets

you have no idea on how the electricity in fallout works , do you ?

you can buy fusion/fission reactors for about 20 bucks.

the most advanced power generator in our world can be bought for 20 fucking bucks in the wasteland.

once you have that in mind, just imagine how much power get shit out of the hoover dam / the solar station that EVERY faction wants it.

as for the whole "the solar station isn't powerful enough to power both the strip and freeside", it's said that the power grid is fucked up and they have huge losses.

how did a nuke that didnt even explode create such an absolutely fucking massive crater

and why did those idiots build a shanty town around it instead of using the nearby ruins of a previous suburb

>Trash like basic home goods like kitchen utensils, tools, and educational reading material?
No, trash like literally "scrap metal", "scrap electronics" and "bent tin can".

>and into the sharecropper farms?
There are no pipes out there and their water apparently comes from wells -- there's a quest to deal with a leaky reactor underground that's fucking up their aquafer.

>Hildern isn't the entirety of the OSI
You're right, there's the useless assistant that tells you "hey maybe don't go to plant zombie vault unless you're well-armed"

>and the Followers of the Apocalypse cover those areas.
those are basically just MSF. They don't do any research, they just have a hospital. more of a hospice, really. A hospice inexplicably run by a zombie dominatrix because LEL SEX SO FAHNY HAHA xD

>towns have farms
They have like one brahmin each. Even Megaton had two.

>Wolfthorn Ranchouse(sic)
You mean the empty barn that just spawns raiders and hostile animals?

>how did a nuke that didnt even explode create such an absolutely fucking massive crater

yeah man its impossible for things that aren't nuclear bombs to leave craters when they fall on the ground

youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4

Is there a realistic damage mod for FO4 yet? I can't play 3/NV without FWE and Project Nevada.

>No, trash like literally "scrap metal", "scrap electronics" and "bent tin can".
you can use literally all of those for crafting things

>There are no pipes out there
There literally is

>everything you just shat out about the followers
You're a fucking retard. They teach people about basic medical needs and the dominatrix lady was not in charge of anything. Fuck you're so stupid it makes my head hurt

>They have like one brahmin each
They literally have their own farms

>You mean the empty barn that just spawns raiders and hostile animals?
a prominent character used to live there.

Fuck. Why am I STILL responding to you.

>that EVERY faction wants it.
the legion explicitly does not intend to use it for power generation. it's only important because it's a bridge to a new area to loot and pillage because someone read Hegel once while drunk

>as for the whole "the solar station isn't powerful enough to power both the strip and freeside", it's said
it's literally an output issue. if it was that the grid was fucked up, then why would you be able to power one or the other fully but not both? one area should just be cut off or suffer brownouts either way if it's an infrastructure issue.

Yes it basicly makes everything paper, but you got to get another mod to balance the weapons, because for some reason this silenced peashooter does as much damage as my high-caliber automatic submachine gun in an entire magazine

where in the game is that

How the fuck do these people stay employed?

>gamejournopros

Oh wait

It's literally explained in game. The cult decided to build the town there because they're insane, and other people just decided to help and moved in. Also an object that big is going to realistically leave a crater.

WHAT
DO
THEY
EAT

That's one of the settlement locations. IIRC someone just fucked around with the building limitations turned off.

so the nuke fell into a crater made by the collapse of a massive volcanic mountain range inside d.c. forming a caldera

are you sure about that user

that looks fun

why hasnt there been a fallout game set in an urban center yet? even NV just had fuckin' three blocks. but combing through DC was fun as heck in F3

Why don't they put more cityscape? do people actually enjoy wandering literal deserts devoid of anything other than flat sandy plains for 300 hours?

I think he's saying they dropped the bomb from outside the earth's atmosphere and it hit the ground like a meteor

>vault-tec can work on its own, but most projects were made for the army.
>but most projects
>but
So not all? Like what happens with the cryotec in vault 111?

Its also obviously experimental technology, case in point with the cryo gun which is the overseers own personal experiment.

Wait the safes are actually specified as pre-war?

Fuck right off, Bethesda.

>A power plant after 200 years with no maintenance being operational, let alone the dam is still standing.

im pretty sure we drop bombs all the time that hit the dirt and don't form a crater a mile wide, even when they explode as intended

unless you have some examples i guess

>missing the point this hard
>not knowing that it's crater lake, formed by an ancient meteor impact

you realize that things dont have to explode to leave a crater, right?

holy fucking shit americans are retarded.

it's a really good dam

so a chinese bomber flew out into space and dropped the fat-man style nuke from there

ya know, since the megaton nuke is not a warhead from an icbm or anything

and crater lake wasn't caused by a meteor user

>No, trash like literally "scrap metal", "scrap electronics" and "bent tin can".
They sell both but selling things like scrap metal and scrap electronics answers the smaller needs of things like steel and metalworks.
>There are no pipes out there and their water apparently comes from wells -- there's a quest to deal with a leaky reactor underground that's fucking up their aquafer.
Wells exist by digging into the ground and the pipes run underground from Camp Golf. And remember that there's a water pump in Freeside that was set up by the Followers. You answered your own question.
>You're right, there's the useless assistant that tells you "hey maybe don't go to plant zombie vault unless you're well-armed"
Again it's one office. And again, the followers aren't only doctors, they include scholars, scientists, mechanics, and teachers.
>those are basically just MSF. They don't do any research, they just have a hospital. more of a hospice, really. A hospice inexplicably run by a zombie dominatrix because LEL SEX SO FAHNY HAHA xD
Read above. The Old Mormon Fort has labs and surgical rooms on the inside. And Beatrice was hired as a guard, to keep thugs from raiding the place, she never led them and she leaves in Wang Dang Atomic Tango because the courier can convince her to work for the Garrets so she could drink on the job.
>They have like one brahmin each. Even Megaton had two.
No they didn't. Goodsprings also uses Bighorners for meat and their domesticated stock comes from capturing wild ones nearby. Easy Pete tells you this 10 minutes in if you ask him.
>You mean the empty barn that just spawns raiders and hostile animals?
I mean the one near a town that was recently raided and it's attack was common knowledge. Do you think the raiders had that ambush set up for more than a week? Opportunism ain't that long lasting.

pre-war means the safe itself is pre-war, not its contents

kinda like a pre-war hat does not make the wearer become pre-war, or a pre-war suit does not instantly age you by 40000 years

>Meanwhile in Australia

CUUUUUUUNTS

It's not the name of a gun, it's an adjective and a noun that are describing Nate, the player character.

Bro I thought it was pretty obvious I was telling a joke. Not the guy who originally brought up crater late, by the way

To be fair, Bethesda at least learned to acknowledge this, there are farms in Diamond City and every settlement can be turned into a farm

Though it doesn't explain why if Diamond City is the "jewel of the commonwealth" why the fuck is it made out of scrap metal and junk? It looks like a fucking shanty town

Shit, Goodneighbor is meant to be a hellhole, but it looks a hell of a lot nicer than Diamond City does, at least they're living in buildings that don't look like a strong breeze will knock them over

It's because of muh Mad Max, every post-apocalyptic game has to be in a desert, Rage, Borderlands and Mad Max obviously I really liked the industrial theme of the Pitt.

>There were the grim tasks of collecting the bodies and burning them, of clearing the rubble and debris. In all, 2.4 million sq. mi. had to be cleared and surveyed—a painstaking process that took four years. But after the most destructive event in the history of warfare, normalcy did return." -Time on Hiroshima.

Took 5 years to clean up Hiroshima, cmon, Fallout 4 is a fucking mess.

The fucking constant filth is my biggest problem with fallout games. If im exploring ruins fine, if im in the main city? come the fuck on.

because if you splitted the power, you'd get even more losses when you send the electricity through the grid ? that's the way i see it, i might be wrong but it makes sense.

"hey guys let's build a $200Million+ vault that will take years to be constructed and let's fill it with technology we can't possibly have invented yet otherwise the army would have it"

well fuck my bad user

its hard to tell sometimes in these threads

As many Road Warriors rip offs as there are, the original is the only one to do the post-apocalyptic desert punk setting right

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Flobi.html

>americans literally do not understand that when things fall down, they might displace stuff at the impact site

Generators in dams actually aren't that high-tech. A 200 year old one could actually be repaired quite easily.

They're basically just bigger, more complex water wheels. Please note that "complex" does not mean "complicated"

I don't really get the obsession with leather though. Leather would be fucking awful in hot weather.

It's all good, son

>because if you splitted the power, you'd get even more losses when you send the electricity through the grid ? that's the way i see it, i might be wrong but it makes sense.
You are literally wrong. Power loss through the grid would not increase because you split the power between more than one area.

The problem is that the plant simply does not have the capacity for both areas.

>yeah you can totally repair a modern turbine with just a spanner and some duct tape, it's not like there's tight tolerances to manufacture to or exotic materials coating turbine blades, naaaaah :)

The real question is why the thing is even still standing at all. Dams, like any other power plant, require constant maintenance and replacement parts and even just normal renovations of the dam and its facilities. And I'm supposed to believe the paint isn't even flaking? All it took to get it going was pushing a button on one console, which the NCR has been taking months if not years to try to get done?

It's even worse than the solar array quest, where they apparently couldn't find literally anyone to just hack a couple of terminals. Terminals that they surrounded with guard dogs and land mines because reasons.

It would, but leather's a pretty good substitute for actual armour after the collapse of society. It's weather-resistant and very durable.

Plus it looks pretty good.

>he doesn't remember Tank Girl
c'mon son

>"hey guys let's build a $200Million+ vault that will take years to be constructed and let's fill it with technology we can't possibly have invented yet otherwise the army would have it"
Sounds like a shit plan user. Glad you not in control of anything. Guess that's why they filled it with promising experimental technology and filled it with staff that could continue research into the same areas.

Imagine how useful the cryotec is for space travel. Enclave problems are solved.

Leather is robust and already used for riding clothes, and could be conceivably produced by a post-apocalyptic man, as opposed to woven materials that would require looms and industry and shit.

It's also sexy as heck.

But seriously, notice that it's mostly a combination of actual biker clothes you could probably get at any BMW dealership, with some BDSM gear worn around/on top of it. It's overt fetishism, half in the modern sense and half in the older sense.

Can we get a new thread?

only if you answer WHAT DO THEY EAT

All the stuff in RW is basically stuff you could conceivably own before the apocalypse and scavenge afterwards. The Smegma Crazies are a good example. Military fatigues and animal pelts.

I agree it'd be decent for protecting against bladed attacks, but even a .22 will tear through leather unless it's fired from 100 metres away, and it'd be completely useless against a blunt weapon

IMO the best option would be metal covered in cloth - it'd be a bit heavier, but it'd stay cooler (the cloth stopping the sunlight) and would protect you better

not to mention it'll be easier to salvage some metal than it will be to find an animal, kill it, skin it, tan the hide, shape the leather, stitch the leather, then wear it

Yeah but how would you get the sick spikes on the metal shoulderpad pieces

Nah, Laser Gatling is really good as a general purpose weapon since it has retarded ammo efficiency if you give it the slow rof+high damage mod.

no fucking shit dropping objects can displace the earth beneath it

show me some bombs we dropped that made mile long craters. im being conservitive with my estimate on how large the megaton crater is; i haven't crunched the numbers on how much the distance units are distorted in-game to get an accurate approximation

im curious

they sell those anywhere you can get bad 90s leather clothes

They eat meat unless they are inside a refrigerator or if their name is Eddie Winter

you wana knife fight someone in your t-shirt or leather jacket?

I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of leather (in the MM universe) was around from before the fall. A lot of the raiders in RW are ex-Main Force Patrol, who wore leather uniforms. It's just a case of making do with what you've got.

jesus christ

How am I supposed to know if a 90's leather store will still have my spiked shoulderpads by the time the bombs drop? I can't just wear metal shoulderpads without spikes in them user I'll look dumb and my raider friends will make fun of me

People don't drop a lot of unexploded bombs, so no, I don't have any images on hand. Sorry that BASIC FUCKING NEWTONIAN PHYSICS aren't good enough for you, NMA.

>people saying fallout 4 was better the witcher 3

What the hell are you on about? Why is it a mile long? The crater is probably the same size while the city would be bigger, I don't understand why you're scaling the crater itself.

I'd shoot them.

>but what if you're out of ammo

Then I'll bludgeon them to death with the butt

>How am I supposed to know if a 90's leather store will still have my spiked shoulderpads by the time the bombs drop?
By going inside of it and checking the shelves for the item you wish to purchase, you NMA shitposter.

Why are americans so retarded?

The city isn't bigger. The walls of the town end at the edge of a crater

>it's a shitposter doesn't know what a joke is episode
alright dude

>people don't drop a lot of unexploded bombs
One legged Vietnamese children say hello.
Sorry but the only answer would be that the bomb happened to land in a crater.

Those are mines laid, not bombs dropped.

>tfw no cute twink to fuck in the wasteland

There's a big difference between a missile or a grenade or a mine not going off than a fucking nuke

>haha its just a joke im not
You L I T E R A L L Y believe that it's impossible for a heavy object dropped from high altitude to leave a crater.

Americans are 100% retards and should be wiped from the face of the earth.

You literally have me confused with someone else because all I said was "the walls of the town end at the crater's edge" which doesn't imply that I think it didn't make the crater at all.

And the joke part comes from a completely different post that is pretty obviously a joke. I don't get why you're trying this hard.

>Metal armor:
1. not being able to escape
2. not being able to sneak
3. reflects light
4. if its thick enough to stop bullets you wont hardly be able to move at all

Metal armor fags ladies and gentleman

What's that fallout mod coming out that takes place in Oregon or some shit? It has snow.

I'm more excited for that than I am anything FO4 related. Is Obsidian ever gonna make another game or is the fact that Becheeseduh sabotaged New Vegas not good enough for Normie's to grasp?

a crater that massive from an unexploded bomb.

are you being retarded on purpose or something? i've asked you multiple times to show me examples of bombs being dropped that create ridiculously huge craters.

they can be duds, or they can be detonated.

just show me something. anything.

hell, i'll allow you to show me some very small craters from bombs too. thats fine, but it won't be the massive ones i've been asking you about

>T-TODD CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
Kill yourself, yankee.

The mod is called The Frontier. Looks p cool.

>That one feral ghoul which does the headbutt attack and connects it from miles away while you're sprinting

>pretty obviously a joke.
Yeah, a complaint that's been aired in every fucking thread for the past EIGHT (8) years since F3 was released is "obviously a joke" for sure

or maybe Americans and NMA shitposters are fucking retarded and don't understand literally anything about anything.

my joke was literally about putting spikes on armor and having my raider friends make fun of me. It's like you don't know how to read at all you fucking idiot. Do you know reply chains work?

Every Obsidian game is buggy and unfinished as fuck on release. One mess up and yeah, I could see it being the publisher. When half your games are either buggy or just poor quality then the developer is probably to blame. Obsidian simply aren't a good studio when it comes to budgeting and time management.

Kill your fucking self, american

>wah wah what do they eat
>wah wah guns eject to the left
>wah wah how could a falling object possibly leave a crater
>wah wah how could someone possibly buy a river or stud for a jacket

fuck
OFF

I have made literally zero of those accusations. Why do you try so hard to be angry? Here's that last (you). Watch that blood pressure buddy.

nice, a bomb that was sent down a shaft drilled into the earth for testing out mining applications

got one of a bomb that was actually dropped?

keep going

>high speed object meets soft pile of stuff

>nah it'd just come to a dead stop

Not the smartest user are you? Not all bombs detonate when dropped user.
An undetonated nuke won't leave a crater.

sure
but bethesda was in charge of their Q&A
and they had that deal with the metacritic score, too
obsidian may be retarded, but in this case, it's not the way you're implying

it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a non-explosive munition to do damage to soft bodies. LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE

man ground penetrating bombs what the FUCK are those. no way one could penetrate but not detonate completely or properly. noooooo way

if you think about it, pretty much every firearm is explosive

It's in the first game, there was no lore

Yes, american. it was all a big conspiracy to destroy obsidian. because reasons.

you are LITERALLY retarded. you have mental deficiencies. kill yourself at the earliest opportunity

How is that a gunshot wound, did it graze him? It obviously didn't go through his skull