Does Stalker have good gameplay?

Does Stalker have good gameplay?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4pRGLsHH1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

No, it's a meme game. Don't let Cred Forums trick you into wasting time on it unless you're really into "muh atmosphere"

No, it's an awful game

Kys

Yes. Good gunplay (only if you play on Master difficulty though) and great exploration.

This. I'm playing it now and everyone on here says not to use Complete, but the game is an unfinished piece of shit without it.

Is everyone who says "kys" underage?

Use AMK or Lurk 1.05 instead

That or pretending to be one.

yes, its based off a Leafy video

>complete

Why does everyone install that as first mod choice? What's wrong with Autumn Aurora?

>le kys

Kill yourself you absolute fucking faggot

Yes. It showed up a couple months ago, and now everyone that says it is confirmed to be an underaged homosexual that loves leafy or something

Yes. The random spawns of AI when playing with mods is nice. Guns feel good too and the atmosphere is top notch. Best first person shooting game, only rivaled by fallout new vegas.

From what I've played of it yeah, about 8 hours in my first playthrough and just reached the second hub where things apparently get a lot better.

Also playing it vanilla and have honestly not ran into any bugs that this game is supposedly known for. Traveling does get very tedious at time though until you get some stamina artifacts and can run around sanic fast.

>Best first person shooting game, only rivaled by fallout new vegas

This is how pleb Stalker fans are.

Yes but installing atleast ZRP is a necessity.

As for gameplay:
SoC has the most hilarious broken shit (5 Moonlights, 5 anomaly resistance artifacts, APC killing knife)
Clear Sky is tedious shit
CoP is great but there is a severe lack of enemies to test all those weapons on.

Of course, mods can help.

I just called shitposting central, they said you are officially discharged. Please leave this place otherwise I will contact the memetagon and theyll fuck your ass.

I highly suggest playing it and making an opinion for yourself. Personally I loved it.

yes.

>Lurk
no.

no, it is not.
Complete is obsolete, casual and buggy POS.

>have honestly not ran into any bugs that this game is supposedly known for.
the game WAS buggy during the release, whooping 10 years ago. We´ve gotten numerous patches afterwards, and all the later releases come pre-patched.

Here´s the rookie guide pic for beginners.

ZRP is nice, but NOT necessary at all.
And no, SoC´s not broken. CS is.

Yes.

It's an acquired taste, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. quickly filters people that can't appreciate good video games.

So when you see someone saying that the game is bad you know you must not listen to that guy.

Playing STALKER is kinda like playing in a fever dream

your going to be wandering around, confused and scared but also excited by the desolate world around you.

You'll find strange things and nightmarish creatures and people but it will also grow on you and in time you'll get used to it

I understand disliking 1.1 but what's wrong with Lurk 1.05?

-obsolete
-provides jack shit features the other, way better mods wouldn´t already provide
-Holden

I would it got specific gameplay, you love it or hate it.

Ah yes, the game where enemies shrug off headshots. Stalker fags never fail to make me laugh

This is the third time in a few months I've seen this exact thread, with these exact replies

Fucking shithole Cred Forums's turned to

I've only played SoC.

Loved the atmosphere, exploring, dealing with anomalies and such but cannot stand the gunplay. When you start facing military guys they take so many fucking bullets to kill that it just ain't fun.

>CS is

What's so broken about CS?

1. Aim for the head
2. Get an accurate gun

1. lol
2. Where are the guns that fire the bullets that don't disappear?

Every single thing.

>2. Where are the guns that fire the bullets that don't disappear?
There are no such things in SoC.
In CS though, every gun is like that without upgrades.

gunplay is terrible without mods. everything else is nice.

>gunplay is terrible without mods.
No.

None of them in your favour though, unlike SoC where you repaired suits by having 4 Flame batteries

yup

Nobody´s going to figure that kind of "bugs" on their own. Also you do not have to deal with shit like literally invincible Bloodsuckers while they´re cloaked, literally mid-flight disappearing bullets, NPCs and whole quests getting stuck, entire enemy camps respawning ON top of you while within touch-reach of the area, insane grenade spam, literal CoD-tier end corridors... etc.

yes. guns have retarded accuracy.

>playing ANYTHING but Call of Chernobyl

1.4 just came out.

OGSE is pretty rad.

Is this bait? Literally on master difficulty headshots are one hit kills for anybody

>rad

hehe

it's not bait, it's a person who sprays entire magazines like they are playing Call of Duty and wonders why they aren't 100% accurate.

It has it's shortcomings, but overall it's a good game with good gameplay.

I dont understand how people say the exploration in this game is good. There is no reward for exploring, if you happen to find a stash while exploring chances are you dont get anything in it because you have to "find" its location from a dead body or quest. And there doesnt seem to be alot to see.

Its so fucking satisfying popping your head out of cover, lining up your shot, and then seeing the enemy go down. I dont know why more games dont do this. Bullet sponge enemies are fucking awful.

No. Learn to aim, and get better guns.

yes.

>Shitfaggots.

Yes user. It's a very great game with some of the most intense atmosphere in an FPS I've seen to date. A-life is cool as shit and having an actual living world to hunt, loot, quest, and trade in is very fun.

>Complete
You're an enormous faggot and you got trolled.
Best way to go through vanilla SoC is ZRP then AMK+ARSENAL for your second playthrough.

Also go to the general since they got all the guides and pastebin shit you'd want since I know you're a metagaming pussy.

this is a bait thread made by monolith fags
prove me wrong

>Playing through CS
>Doin the second quest for Sidorovich when he's in that tower in the Red Forest.
>Sudden blowout on my way after the second quest.
>Survive and get back to the tower.
>He's not there.
>Wtf.
>Can't go anywhere else.
>Give up
Never finished it. I actually enjoyed it other than the homing grenades and other shitty choices in CS.

I think its duty. Everyone knows they dont want people to experience the zone

Atmosphere =/= gameplay. The guns are piddly and inaccurate and the enemies are janky.

Have you ever shot a gun?

>gameplay

This fucking meme again

GUYS WHAT MOVIES HAVE GOOD FLICKVIEW

on the contrary. Guns have lots of variation, that is further increased with the multiple ammo-types. Yet a single headshot is more than enough to kill anyone in the game, at least those not wearing a strong enough helmet to deflect the weaker shots.

The shots go pretty much where you aim, but each caliber has its own effective range. The game also does NOT use hit-scan weapons; every gun fires an actual, physics-controlled projectile.

no it feels insanely dated, but people here seem to mix atmosphere and art design with what the game feels like to play so will say it has great gameplay

i only played SoC but i found it to be pretty tedious
having a camp of faggots instantly spot me across the universe while crouched in the middle of the night and then being forced to laboriously attempt to headshot them from 50 meters away with a pistol because you die WAY faster than they do got really fucking old around the third time it happened
also rezoning into the middle of 9 dudes was retarded and happened like 5 times

how can a late-00s PC FPS game, using pretty much the industry standard controls, be "insanely dated" ? By not having regen HP and shit?

You are literally, no joke, worse STALKER player than my wife.

>Best way to go through vanilla SoC is ZRP
I went to the general and played with this before playing complete, and like I said it was a buggy unfinished piece of shit.

Can't wait for this to come out:
youtube.com/watch?v=T4pRGLsHH1k

DAILY REMINDER THAT PLAYING SoC WITH AUTUMN AURORA 2 MOD IS THE ONLY TRUE PATRICIAN WAY OF STALKIN' AND THE BEST POSSIBLE STALKER EXPERIENCE. LIKE AND COMMENT IF YOU AGREE

No. Fuck you.
AMK 1.4 = the definitive STALKER experience.