Do you give a shit about game size? Or do you see it a none issue

Do you give a shit about game size? Or do you see it a none issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/474960/?snr=1_7_15__13
store.steampowered.com/app/526150/
store.steampowered.com/app/306130/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>68gigs
>do they think i'm made hard drive space

If you don't have a rig with at least 2 terabytes of space you shouldn't be allowed to post here.

Yes, it's not an issue for my Harddrive, pretty much anyone has at least a Terabyte now. But I play things on an SSD and it's becoming a pain to transfer those gigs upon gigs when I want to play something.

So these bloated sizes to try to prevent piracy are becoming really stupid. Soon we will have games in the 300 gigs because it's all uncompressed shit.

I give lots of shits about game sizes.

Don't just make a huge mess because you can. It's impolite.

Bigger size = more stuff, generally. It's a good thing.

If its more than 20 GB,I don't even bother.Wanted to buy shadow of mordor when it was on sale,but the fucking size was over 60GB. FUCK OFF

I have 5 and I'm already running out.

There's literally 0 reason for it to be that large. Even more so if it's a console port.

Depends on the game. If it's a 10 hour corridor shooter ie WTNO or D44m then 50gb is unacceptable.

On a big open world game with lots of content ie GTAV or TW3 I can look past it

>Just bought PS4 with Destiny
>Try to play it
>Update required
>35GB update
>52 hours remaining

>rig

Autism

With my thirld world internet, yes i do give a shit.

>Autism
Autism

>Get a 500Gig external HDD
>Only delaying space issues by like 1-2 years

>Get 2 Terabyte HDD to replace my D drive
>Can still run into space issues

I don't care. I have terabytes of space and really not much is taken. I mean I only play 3-4 games at a time so if I don't play it I uninstall it.

The game in OP is Quantum Break for those wondering.

store.steampowered.com/app/474960/?snr=1_7_15__13

Can you find something bigger?

>11TB of space
>actually running out
>too broke right now to buy more space
I don't want to delete anything, I have so much.

Say no more senpai

store.steampowered.com/app/526150/

I can download 70 gb in about 20 minutes and I have several 3 tb drives
So I don't care

If the GB in filesize to dollar ratio is below 1.0 then the game is SHIT and you are getting literally robbed.

TERA is approaching 100GB with patches. Soon enough DOAX3 will be there considering every week or 2 there's another 2GB+ in swimsuit DLC

It was a bigger issue around 5 years ago when it started than now. Very few games were utilizing more than the 9gb you'd get from a regular dbweed. almost every game is on a bluray ifi t's physical/on console, so they by and large have like 20gb+, usually 40 then another 20 or 30 in updates and other shit.

I see it being an issue if companies like comcast manage to throw the US back into the stone ages by instituting data caps, but for right now, nah, it's not a big deal.

You don't need more than 1tb, genuinely. Uninstall shit you're not playing actively. Everyone I know with 2tb drives are the type of people who install a game as soon as they get it, then have it sit there in their library and keep saying "oh well i'll get around to it, don't want to uninstall".

No reason for that.

store.steampowered.com/app/306130/
ESO
85 GB

Remember when Cred Forums LITERALLY petitioned Namco for Dark Souls 1 PC version to have a larger file size?

Why do you faggots even keep the data? I wipe my HDDs clean every half a year/year, except for the crucial stuff that I backup

only slightly annoying with my slow internet

I hate it because SSDs are still stupidly expensive and the best I could get was a 240GB, fuck installing games on HDD

Only if it's stupid shit like uncompressed sounds for "better" performance or something. I prefer smaller games, but I get that quality takes space.

what?

Uncompressed sound is stupid.

I don't care. My internet is 300Mbit/s and I just uninstall things that I don't play/care anymore and redownloading them is a non issue.

I can see that people that get fucked by ISPs in Burger Land are getting mad about it.

The original Titanfall did that.

DOOM is 60 GB.

Not bigger but DOOM was 63 GB at some point. May be bigger than that by now from updates.

Yeah, that's the only example that I can think of and why I named it as being stupid.

I just delete my steam games when I'm done with them. Since the steam library and downloading is more easily accessible I don't feel like I have to hoard my downloads like I do on console

A lot of updates is pretty much the whole game itself.

Instead of actually patching existing files.

ESO isn't that big.

They just like it as 85 gb because Zenimax are dumbfucks who uploaded the retail installation to steam. So steam ends up downloading an installation, which installs itself right into the same folder. Payday 2 and Path of Exile for example need around 30gb more space than the steam page says, because they update by extracting all of your fucking game files and repacking them.

I format my drives and reinstall windows every year to prevent file hoarding. Only shit I keep are documents, pictures, movies, and some game saves on an external.

This.

I don't have a big SSD so I just download whatever game I want to play in like 10 minutes, then uninstall if I get bored of it until I want to play it again.

It's also only 50 GB if you only download the english voiceover.