IF YOU'RE TOO SICK TO GO TO SCHOOL, THEN YOU'RE TOO SICK TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES

IF YOU'RE TOO SICK TO GO TO SCHOOL, THEN YOU'RE TOO SICK TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMaGq6vn7hg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>taking orders from my girlfriend

fuck you, bitch. i need chicken noodle soup and some toast to go with my RPG marathon, get on it

She's right though

99% of the time that's true.

There are puss filled blisters covering my legs you stupid bitch not my arms and face.
I can play videogames just fine.

>how i looked at them when they said this smartass comment

You can play video games while lying down and half awake. Going to school requires the ability to walk, carry things, coordinate yourself, talk, use critical thinking, etc. None of which you can properly do when sick.

She did nothing wrong

>tfw always had good grades so my mom never pulled this stupid shit when I was "sick", or really was sick

I'm convinced that any adult who says this is so clinically retarded that they literally don't understand how contagions work.

If im too sick to exert a tremoundus amount of energy for 9 straight hours in a building with nearly 3000 students who I could possibly spread my illness too... who and what the fuck am I harming by resting in bed, away from other people?

And boomer cunts feel like explaining this one to me?

Thank FUCK my parents were smarter than that.

Yes? And? It's obviously so you wouldn't pretend to be sick just to stay at home playing video games; even at the age of 9 I understood this.

Kill yourselves, retards.

>tfw had the best grades in class but my mom still pulled this shit

>tfw 28 and not allowed sick leaves
I took only 5 days leave so far in 2016, just a week in August.

You can't "pretend" to be sick. You either are or you aren't and it's incredibly easy to tell the difference.

That just reinforces my statement that anyone who uses OP's logic is an actual retard.

>chicken noodle soup
stay pleb

Bad son who pretended to be ill detected.

Make sure you do your homework or I'll take your gameboy away as well!

Suck me then bitch. I need a good sucking. Cumming cures illness.

If you are too sick to fuck me, you are too sick for games

>being so sick you need to skip school
Nice immune system, untermensch.

>son the pc is so slow because you saved too many things on your desktop

Fuck off 2D slut, 1D all the way!

>If you are too sick to play games, you are too sick to go to school!

I just wanted an education ;_;

>Getting offended by a soup choice

I knew there was a reason I called my Cred Forums bookmark autism.

"My stomach hurts / I have a headache"

Try to prove me wrong, I might actually have a headsplitting headache for all you know. A fever or diarrhea is easy to check, but everything else is possible to fake if you want to.

>she deletes the icons

When you're sick you don't skip school or work because you're too weak for it, you skip it out of respect for those who study/work with you.
Spreading your germs isn't a very nice thing to do.

you can be half sick """user"""

>school
>critical thinking
user...

>now user before your brother gets home i will need you to get off for a little bit then you can go back on

Assuming that you are actually sick, is there a logical merit behind this? Not that I was a mischievous kid who faked being sick and pulling that kind of shit, but I feel like I didn't develop proper discipline growing up and I procrastinated on homework a lot.

That's not contagious. You don't have a fever. You don't have the runs. That's you being a pussy and your ass is going to school.

Again. Nobody who is smart enough to understand how illnesses work would let their kid stand home over a fucking headache.

Try again.

>when you said your gead hurts so many times they take you to ct

>Not going outside to infect others and make yourself feel even worse means you cannot sit still and move your fingers at home
My mom never said that because she is not retarded.

Don't have kids.

>tfw you have a cold
>too tired to focus on action games
>brain is too slow to play online games
Recommend the ultimate sick genre

I should say the same to you. Too many people have kids, yet have no idea how fucking anything in this world works, functions, or operates.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're the type of person who thinks okay to leave a baby in a car during the summer "because the window is cracked open."

I always thought I was really smart that I could fool my doctor with that lie, thought she was an idiot

Then after like the fifth or sixth attempt she asked me "Do you need professional help recommended for your severe depression? You obviously pretend to be sick to avoid meeting other people your age even if just for a day"

I guess I'll just have to play with this then! *unzips dick*

Read a book or go to sleep. You don't have to play video games non stop.

>they take you to ct

are you sure you can handle them user?

Most parents actually understand this but say this to deter their kids from pretending to be sick to play hooky and play video games

Nice assumptions you got there.

>tfw dad would beat you with a sack of soft oranges so you wouldn't bruise and did it every time you got out of line
>tfw mom would laugh and watch
school is wonderful

Christ take that shit to /d/

>My head feels hot
>"Take this thermometer while I get your brother ready for school"
>Put it next to my lamp
>"Wow, I have a fever of 150F. I guess I have to stay home now right?"

I WANT TO F-FUCK YOU MOM

>read a book

Now THERE is something that you will struggle to do when sick.

It's infinitely easier to register a moving image with audio clues through watery eyes and grogginess.

Ha you were raised by degenerates. God must be a psycho.

I remember being able to like, save images on my desktop, not like icons or anything, but just pictures that you could move around and shit.
I Remember making sprite battles and shit on my desktop back ground and just leaving them there. It was a magical time

Platformers

>is there a logical merit behind this?
No

Even after graduating and having a hard time getting work. I feel I will never make my parents truly proud even if they tell me so every now and then.

I'm clever but school never sat well with me. I had a tough time dealing with all kinds of nonsense

How long did it take until you realized you could beat the shit out of your dad and make him fear you?

My dad used to abuse my mom. One day I smacked him so hard his fucking glasses vaporized and he never hit her ever again.

Totally happened

Thicc

>blames God instead of ignorant parents
This just proves the stupidity of some

>Taking low level courses

Yeah nah, it's real easy to fake feeling like you're gonna throw up and saying it in a weak voice

What's going on in pic related

sauce

I thought this was an adult site.

dunno I just searched Oedipus

No offense user, but I'm laughing at that mental picture, sounds fuckin comical.

I got beaten with tough random items like tennis table rackets and shoes whenever I was a little shit, neither mom or dad gave importance to bruises because they 'reminded me of why I got beaten' on the first place.

Staring at a screen for long periods can strain your eyes. This can lead to headaches due to the eyes being connected to the grain.

Also, there are a lot of games that require critical thinking skills; especially heavily skill based games with a fast pace like DMC or Doom.

School requires much less mental engagement, since you can tune out from time to time and still ace the class.

you sure user?

Lol, I work close to 60 hours a week and I have to fight to get any vacation and at most I get a few days off a year.

Adults have been kids too at some point.

Watch a movie then. Oh actually pikmin is a good game to play whilst sick. I love pikmin. So fucking zen.

I just read 50 pages of my Film Theory textbook, try again.

THICC

I know moms just said that to discourage people from faking sickness to stay home from school. If a parent actually did this to an actually sick kid, they would be the worst parents ever for not letting the kid find a way to occupy their time while waiting to get better. A kid needs all the cheering up they can get when they can't leave the house, and playing video games is one of the easiest ways to do that.

You. Give sauce. Now

Your rough childhood has made it so you can't take joke what a hoot.

>I have fever!
>mom hands me a thermometer (the old type with poisonous mercury in it)
>rub the metal end on my carpet lightly
>42C
>oh fuck oh fuck cool down quickly
>38C
>look mom 38C I have fever
>stay home playing Red Alert all day

What a bore.

i can't play vidya well when im actually sick, so there.
i guess she was right after all those years

MUH DICC

just say you have diarrhea desu
gets you out of anything

>38 enough to stay home

Your mom made you soft.

What do you have adhd?

Try going to school in NY

>cold ass winters, but jackets are banned (unless you play football)
>backpacks are banned (unless you play football)
>if you miss 15 days of school throughout the school year, you get denied all your credits and have to take the classes again, even if you had the highest grades (unless you play football)
>3 lates get converted to 1 absence
>you had 3 minutes between bells to get to your next class. You're considered late if you aren't sitting at your desk by the time the bell rings
>school is 3 stories and nearly 3k students. Try getting from east wing basement to west wing second floor in 3 minutes
>remember, backpacks are banned. You need to make a stop for the locker to get your books
>you can only use the bathroom between classes
>having to wake up at 5am just to deal with that bullshit

Highschool was the absolute fucking worst

I THINK WE'RE GOING A LITTLE TOO FAR HERE

Yeah, I know. Blog update, I've decided on some Theatrhythm Curtain Call. Surprisingly, illness has not affected my rhythm, so I guess that is a comfy genre of games to play.

>tfw I'm already taking time off my second week at my new job

Must suck to be you

Platformers

Bad ones, to be specific.

>check for fever, nothing
>no vomit anywhere

Looks like your dumb ass is going to school

Try again

>Tfw I would sometimes lie that I was sick because I was scared of talking to other kids and of walking outside because of communism and the guards that were patrolling and listening to our chats.

Why the fuck were jackets and backpacks banned?
I also hated the football fags, we had that shit here in Ireland. If you played GAA you could do nothing wrong, never do homework or attend class but as long as you were playing football or hurling it was fine.

No way. Where did you live in eastern bloc?

>wake up at 5am

Jesus.

Not even colleges here require you to get up that early.

No wonder America's education system is one of the worst in the western world.

Dungeon Crawlers and Roguelikes
TBS
Adventure Games.

Which Ireland the real one or the fake one?

NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH THICC

MODS MODS MODS

You should've played football.

>ram my finger down my throat while i'm "having a shower"
>puke
>you feel guilty all day for not believing me
>i get to stay home and play vidya
Fuck you mom. School only exists to give parents an excuse to dump their kids on someone else while they work. I didn't learn a fucking thing worth knowing at school. Learning begins in university/TAFE.

Nothing wrong with waking at 5-6am.

>Mom was a nurse
>Never fell for faking sickness
>Had to be vomiting in order for her to let me off
>Even if I could barely stand and was genuinely sick she would tell me to ring home from the office knowing I was too much of an autist to ever do so.
She never believed video games made me feel better, if I have a sick stomach or a headache I play games to take my mind off it.

I want to fuck that meat blob

>going to school with a fever and infecting everyone with your disgusting germs
Your mom made you an uncivilized baboon.

The real Ireland.

The republic is the real Ireland, Norther Ireland is not Ireland and the northern Irish are scots pretending they are Irish or pretending they are not.

>TOO SICK FOR WORK, TOO SICK FOR WAGES!

What the fuck is its problem?

>being a fatfag

MODS CANT STOP THE THICC

hes answering the riddle of the sphinx, you inbred, uncultured swine. thats how he becomes king and gets to lay with his rocking hot mom, thusly bringing a curse on Thebes and all his relatives

The real one aka the Republic.

1989 was the year when communism ended for us, on 25 december, truly a Christmas miracle.

I know mate. You passed the test. One day I hope Scotland can be free from English oppression. I fucking hate Ulstermen.

NO BACKPACKS
NO JACKETS
NO LATES
FOX ONLY
FINAL DESTINATION

South Texas here. It's the exact same thing, but probably more emphasis on football than in your area.

What country?

>cold ass winters, but jackets are banned (unless you play football)
>backpacks are banned (unless you play football)
Everything else is ok

Because it was supposed to stop gang violence or something? I don't fucking know. I'm pretty sure they just wanted students to get held back, that way more attend the following year.

They get money based on the amount of students that attend each day.

we had a swine flu breakout because nobody wanted to stay the fuck home. Then after everyone gets sick, we were told to stay home for 2 weeks and literally weren't allowed to attend. Those absences counted against us and some of us even got court dummences for truancy.

Surprise, except for the football players.

North cucks are the worse, I would sooner share a drink with an English man than the Northern Irish.

When I was a kid I usually didn't want to do anything but lie down and die if I was ill, let alone play video games

>missed more than 75% of my classes throughout highschool
>frequently suspended
>dressed however I wanted, spoke however I wanted, basically did whatever I felt like
>still graduated (wasn't allowed at the ceremonies, but got my diploma) just by passing exams (which are incredibly easy even without attending classes or studying)
Feels good, man.

>taking it this seriously
12 year old detected

>dummences
Fuck. That's supposed to say "summons"

Same. At least the English have some brain cells.

Bob?

>high school
>be a decent student, typically A's and B's
>good attendance
>decide to stay home one day because my back was hurting bad for some reason - some kind of muscle constriction or some shit (was perfectly fine the next day)
>my dad thought I was faking, even though he should have absolutely no fucking reason to believe that because of my grades and attendance
>thinks I'm trying to "get out of a test"

Those random spurts of absolute retardation from my dad never cease to amaze me. Also, why would you skip school because of a test? It's more annoying to make it up later.

The fuck kinda school did you go to?

I went to school in NY and never dealt with any of that bullshit.
>no jackets in winter
>no backpacks
That sounds fucking nuts.

You got the year and the Day, google it.

you talking about upstate NY or something? your school sounds like a total shit hole.

all i ever had to deal with was shitty train rides between boroughs and in the winter, "harsh cold" and filthy, slushy streets. i also got to go out for lunch in the middle of manhattan for an hour each day, so we all gambled and got high until we had to go back. your description sounds like you were in some kinda prison

Kevin.

DANTE MUST DIE MODE
SUDDEN DEATH
YOU DIE IN THE GAME TOU DIE IN REAL LIFE DIFFICULTIES

>Called in sick to work today.
>Moved out of the house two months ago.
Fuck you mom I'm playing games.

My highschool was legit
>7 minute period between classes
>No bullshit credit penalty
>Backpacks and jackets allowed, but book hoarding was discouraged
>started at 7:15
My highschool was the absolute best.

Guess who's never had a migraine.

Hungary.? You cunts are racists.

Long Island?

Yeah? Then why did I fail 6 courses in a year yet was able to finish Persona 3, New Vegas, and Megaman X in a month, WHILE lying in bed, controller under my blanket and literally playing with my left hand on one side and my ballsack on the other?

Videogames DO NOT require much engagement at all. I can play them easily while doing something else.

Mom never said that to me and when I got super sick I didn't even want to video games thanks to that time I played a ton of Soul Calibur II and now can't think of the game without associating it with crazy fever, coughing up my lungs and the taste of puke.

mine was that but it started at 7:45 and ended at 2:15, 12:15 on fridays

Eastern Long Island

Gypsyland.

its a metaphor
>i know its a metaphor

My classes started at 9:30 and I was late/absent daily, and I got through highschool just fine :^)

>12:15 on Fridays

That wasn't a public highschool. That's ridiculous.

BLACKED

Are you saying that's where you went to school or asking if that's where I went?
If it's the latter, the answer is no.

>friday early release if you had you shit straight
fuck yes

i ain't to sick for you to suck on my morning wood, bitch

>its fun because it is like being a kid again XD

back to gamefaqs. dont you have hurt/heal thread faggot?

Where I went

It's awful here.

Yes it was, it was because teachers used it as their meeting days, so from 12:15 to 2:15 teachers had a meeting while we all got off early, it also helped we only had 500 people in the school
also it was for everyone, every school in the district got off 2 hours early on fridays, regardless of the person, everyone got it

>it also helped we only had 500 people in the school

My freshman class was 1300 kids by itself. Only 200 of us ended up graduating.

>tfw because there was only 500 kids in the whole high school, every kid knew everyone in their class
felt good

>chronic illness since I was 10
>got gradually worse all through school
>had a semester of straight A's, followed by a semester of straight F's just because I wasn't in school enough the second semester
>would come back to school and have teachers dump a pile of tests on my desk and say 'you have till the end of this class'
>faculty forces me to see a shrink or they'll kick me out of school because they think my health issues are in my head

Wew. At least in college, they weren't such pricks about it.

God, April was just so sexy.

Take your best shot, Flatlander woman.

This is true though for the most part, I only played games while sick a few times. Even as an adult I'm hardly able to play vidya if I'm too sick for work

Injuries though are another thing entirely, if you're still able to use your hands go and play games until your body cures itself

I've lived in NY all my life and never once been to Long Island.
I feel it's the right decision.

>skipping school when sick
Disgusting.

same, I was confused since I went to school in Brooklyn

>Parents made me go to a fancy ass school 25 miles away because they didn't want me to end up as a piece of shit like everybody else in my town
>Bus was consistently late every single day
>Almost always late for registration at 8:05
>Had to wake up at 5:30 if I wanted even the slimmest possibility of getting in on time
Only benefit was that I got to do homework on the bus

>Still being in school
>Still living with parents

Even something as mundane as a headache makes me not want to play anything.

I dunno

When I'm sick as shit I kinda just wanna sleep the whole day, I can't even vidya like that

One of those games is turn-based, another might as well be because of VATS, and the other is mechanically simple.

Also, how the fuck did you fail that many courses?

Oh man you're cool and hardcore af. You should probably get a job that appreciates it's employees and sees them as humans before you get so overworked and stressed you lose your mind or die.

I have chronic headaches now

Whenever my headache gets really bad I end up having to play video games just to focus on something other than the pain.

This. I'm unable to properly enjoy vidya if I'm too feverish. Unlike a few years ago when I broke my pelvis. They couldn't operate so I just got a shitload of painkillers and got to heal up at home. Best 3 months of my life.

>Still living.

Lol my xbox 360 was in my room so I could literally play the fucking thing while lying in bed.

>B-BUT YOU'RE SICK

Yeah but just lying down is helpful, you dont have to sleep all day dumb bitch.

>install two or three games
>Dad: user THERE ARE TOO MANY AND NOW THE COMPUTER IS SLOW
>I'M GOING TO WIPE THEM FROM THE SYSTEM
>get back on later
>he deleted all the desktop shortcuts
>check history and see he browsed a bunch of shitty porn sites
>new toolbar got installed
every fucking time

>If you're too sick to spend all day working and focusing, you're too sick to do the thing that you do to relax!

By this logic, she should be banned from playing her facebook games when she's sick, too. Or engaging in any interactive hobbies whatsoever. I'm sure that there's a strong double standard at play here.

Don't, someone will post the image.

Lazy summer day, sick in bed and playing FFVII for hours, grinding the mini games in golden saucer. I would go back in time if i could.

youtube.com/watch?v=pMaGq6vn7hg

>mom and dad divorced
>have to go to dad's house on the weekends
>bring laptop to play emulators and browse the internet
>over my shoulder 24/7
>demands my computer password
>"You have no privacy in this house." an actual sentence said to me
>Stop bringing my computer over
>Eventually just stop answering his phone calls and slowly ween myself off of weekend visits
>3 months later he shows up at mom's house just to beat me for avoiding him
Loving Every Lol

>Attending elementary school back in the 90's.
>Even then, know what to do with computers.
>Have ripped plenty apart, fixed them, know my way around.
>In computer class sitting next to friend, shooting the shit.
>Go to next class.
>Near the end of class computer teacher bursts in.
>Begins blaming my friend of surfing porn.
>Demands my friend come with him to the office, he is going to have him expelled.
What time was on the time stamps?
>EXCUSE ME! MIND YOUR BUSINESS!
Every web browser has a history, and a time stamp of when the site was browsed, what was the time stamp.
>user you need to be silent or you will get detention too.
I sat next to him the whole class, he didn't do anything, and if you dont know the time stamp then you are making this up.
>Told I just got 2 weeks detention.
Then prove it to me, prove it to the principle, go get him and show us the browser history!
>He tells my friend to sit down and retracts the detention.
>Before he leaves I remind him he made me install all the software in the class along with the hardware.
>Slams the door.
>Could give a fuck less.
Guy was an idiot and was fired shortly after for not knowing what he was doing, 10 years later caught fucking kids.

mine was hell
>school on the other side of town
>started at 7 so i got up at 5am just to be there on time
>school itself was relatively small
>but if you go in any building there's way more classrooms than teachers
>every week schedule rotates and class is sometimes held in a different spot (health class was usually in the gym but some weeks was held in a regular classroom)
>lunch would be at 11, 12, and 1
>lockers were prone to jamming
>if it did get jammed you went to the front office at the entrance to the school and told them
>then they'd tell your teacher over the loud speaker DOES user HAVE YOUR CLASS RIGHT NOW? GO AHEAD AND MARK HIM ABSENT HE HAS A JAMMED LOCKER
>they'd call the maintenance guy who was about 500 pounds and drove a golf cart out to your locker and unjammed it with a crowbar
>then you went to class anyway where you were counted absent and make up the classwork you missed for homework

also no jacket besides a school one which you weren't allowed to zip up at all and backpack must be see-through because you might shoot up the school

>Not calling the police right then and there for assault and battery.
>Not pressing charges against your father.
>Not collecting the rest of his balls his mother took from him.

Just play some Crusader Kings II (it plays itself) while listening to your favorite podcast.

>Be in school.
>Still forcefully marked absent.
Thats the same dirty shit as mine did with the whole.
>You get an F for this assignment now do it again.
Will it change my grade?
>NO!
Then no, I aint doing it.

Holy shit, 7 minutes? That's awesome. Mine was 4 minutes, which never really seemed like enough time. 7 minutes sounds optimal.

>backpack must be see-through because you might shoot up the school

Never change, america.

>home alone
>terrified
>run onto the literal highway in boxers before he stopped chasing me
>step mom comes over to my house and literally begs me to forgive him
It wasn't even a day and he apparently drove her up the wall. She talked and begged for an entire hour for me to forgive him it was the saddest thing I ever witnessed honestly.
Also I mean like
>dad is a 6'6" semi jacked nigger
>used to hit me for fun
>one time joked to call the police and told me "See what happens to you before they get here."

Just kill him and plant some drugs or some shit on him. It's not like the cops will actually look into anything if some dindu got killed.

>Go to school in high rated gun ownership area.
>Nothing of the sort.
>Visit inner city school with a majority in black population.
>Metal detectors at the door.

Socioeconomic conditions clearly.

>high school computers class
>friend comes in
>hey user have you heard of sneak2? it'll let you get past the school security to any site!
>tells everyone else
>go there and use it to go to funnyjunk since it was blocked
>other kids use it to go to sites
>we eventually all get in trouble and get detention
>turns out that program the teacher used to take over our computers (for demonstrations) also showed what sites we've been to and the timestamps
>user what site did you go to
>funnyjunk, you?
>porn

I'm sorry, but not all of us studied Greek Mythology or had any interest in it. Also it wasn't a requirement for me to take it during my education, though I do find it interesting though.

I'm not that guy you replied, I'm just defending him because you seem to think Greek Mythology should be common knowledge when it isn't, it's an interest that certain people have and that's it.