Zoids

>A possible western-style Zoids game is in the works
Yay or nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids_teaser
slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_seriestitle_id=187&pagemax=40
hlj.com/search/go?p=Q&srid=S1-6SEAP&lbc=hobbylink&ts=custom&uid=229764622&method=and&af=selectseries:zoids&isort=score&view=grid&srt=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yay.

source that shit nigga

what do you mean by "western style"

are you talking about in terms of art style or in gameplay mechanics

because I dont want titanfall with a zoid reskin on it

Oh, I knew I was forgetting something.

takaratomy.co.jp/products/zoids_teaser

What do you mean by possible western style? Are they not sure of that style?

I was talking only about the art style. To be fair we don't anything about the game besides that pic.

who here /lightning saix/?

Just say non-anime style, faggot

bout time

Get some taste

suck my balls

There's just strong indications that it might be a game, no actual confirmation.

Who knows, maybe this realistic render could be Takara Tomi whoring Zoids to Michael Bay, like Hasbro did with Transformers.

My nigga. Friendly reminder that this was the only team to defeat the White Liger team

>Chromehounds-style Zoids game with persistent multi-faction wars over a nation with hyper in-depth customization of your Zoid's appearance and armament

Sign me the fuck up

Nah.
I'll stick with laser-edgesuar.

>Irvine isn't his husbando

What's, that, user? You're a pleb?

We already have Power Rangers.

>Tfw you're unironically a Shield Liger fanatic
It's hard living in a world where your favorite Zoid's "upgrade" is objectively stronger but also looks much worse.

BUT IT'S SO FAT

NO ITS FLUFFY AND HUGGABLE

never heard of these zoid thing
but looks neat, the music in the teaser strikes me rpg-tactics

>Irvine
My nigga. Best bro and best Zoid.

i thought this was only good for the waifus

The only -fu's you should have is a Zoidfu

Needs more Schneider.

Shame Jager is mostly useless.

>tfw you like Muramasa Liger

No no this needs more panzer and yeah shame on jager but it looks nice

You could have avoided this.

Yes, I fucking want to see this happen. A next gen Zoids game could be fucking amazing, open world style with multi elements.

Its just one of those days
Feelin' like a freight train
First one to complain
Leaves with a blood stain

>open world
why do you faggots keep asking for this

Literally all you need is a Gun Sniper

>ITS FLUFFY AND HUGGABLE
I agree.

Why would you not want that? Being able to run the fuck out of your Zoid, encounter and explore different areas with the ability to maintain and upgrade every aspect of your Zoid?

Leena pls go.

This. Mission based would be just fine. The last thing I want is to walk point a to point b with nothing interesting in between. I wouldn't mind and optional big sandbox to play around in though with a few enemy zoids sprinkled on the map.

as long as it isn't like zoid assault im fine whit it

you sir have good taste

>implying I'd put so much shit on mine

>Armored Core
>But with Dinosaurs and shit
Yes

Zoids Assault is bombass.

I would not mind, so long as it shows room for development.

You don't need open world for those things

Fucking yay!

Do we get a waifu?

>taste is objective meme

>western style teaser image
go take a guess

I got hard reading this

How many series of Zoids animus are there? I've only ever watched Chaotic Century. Are the others as fun/good/comfy?

I knew I saved this for a reason.

Fuck you retarded faggot.

Open world is cancer and everyone that still likes it should be burned alive.

What was the name of the zoids series that was based around a war, not the one based around the tournament?

I personally believe with the way I believe Zoids has been set up, you would need as much expansiveness as you possibly could to cover it. But, to each their own

>wanting to be Naomi "nothin' personnel kid" Fluegel

I agree

What was that one bitch's name who had like daddy issues and was mentally insane, she had like those things sticking out of her back.

Also remember the guy who's personality changed when he started piloting his Zoid? He was really timid and shy but when he got into the Zoid he was all like "FUCK YEAH LET'S KILL EVERYTHING HAHAHA"

I loved watching Zoid's when I was like 9 or 10, whatever year it was originally airing. I think I remember watching it on Toonami.

>Being this mad.

Down girl

My nigga

Leena's Gun Sniper was the GOAT and I could never find a toy of it. Only the regular dakka-less Gun Sniper

So half-shaved head, brightly colored hair and manjaw.

God damn it.

At least i could probably blow of cunts in a Command Wolf or a Helcat.

>zoids with the themes and art style of mechwarrior
Would be amazing.

It would also be probably one of the more realistic mech ideas out there. Bipedal mechs will never be a thing, but quadrupedal mechs might be.
Just without the teeth though lel

I had this figurine. The one that had a motor in it.

Zero was the comfiest for me, Fuzor sucked ass, the other one was good /ss/ material.

What about an insect proboscis?

Open world is not good. Maybe something like Transformers Devastation, where you could take on side missions and explore within a given level that was something like an open world, and then the next level was a different map

>yfw you just wanted some scrap but you find a prototype giant robot tiger instead

with some luck we get a vasquez lookalike
>you will never have a squad of bros to fight with in giant robot animals/dinosaurs

Chaotic Century

>Go back to watch the first episode of Zoids

It's not nearly as good as I remember. The CG is awful and distracting.

Any new zoids is great news, and that promo looks awesome

As a turret / cannon sure.

Oh come on now. Open aint bad, its how the devs use it. Most of the time devs just fills in a checkbox of locations, activities and collectibles. The result is a boring overworld with areas of interest sticking out like a sore-thumb which are as equally boring.

it's spelled yea you eggs

>Get an absolute ridicule and hyperbolic idea wich is funny BECAUSE of how over the top is it
>Make a GRIM DARK, REALISTIC, ADULT reimagination of it

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT YOU FUCKING MORONS

Zoids were so damn cool. I didn't live in America, and it wasn't shown on TV where I lived. But every time I visited the states I would do everything in my power to watch this show. I never sought it out after I got online so maybe it's garbage, but man did I love it back then.

We can dream user, and dreamland is right around the corner assuming the devs don't fuck it up.

What was he destined to be again?

A husband

Cuck

fk ur zoids hahahahahahahhhahhahah!!!

first nut was to pics of this broad.
Damn son, feels like forever ago. What a great series

The true MC.

Beast Wars/Machines CGI is so terrible.

How do I git gud at Battle Legends?

>first nut was to pics of this broad

It was either her or Ayane from DoA for me. Can't remember.

>get blade liger
>run in circles
>win

fuck man i loved this game as a kid, i really need to find my gamecube cables and play this shit again

Mah Zoidian

>dat color scheme
>dat aesthetic

Shield Liger has been my favorite since the very first episode of NCZ, where it was promptly shat on in favor of Liger Zero. When Chaotic Century came to the west I was fucking ecstatic that my Zoid was getting its dues. Until it was promptly shat on again to make way for the Blade Liger, kek.

I've also grown fond of the Blade Liger in the years since, but you gotta respect the classics.

That's the best part my man. It's a big tanky looking motherfucker on the outside but it's surprisingly fast and aerodynamic and loaded with hidden gadgets like the shield generator, the beam cannon, and the missile launchers.

I spent hours practicing with her in the gamecube game until I was good enough to beat my brother's Lightning Saix which was several tiers higher. Bet I can still whup ass with her to this day.

say that to my face motherfucker

>Moved to Texas when I was going into the 3rd grade
>All the channels and shows are different
>After getting home the first show that comes on is Zoids

>Every day after school make the fastest bee-line to home to not miss any
>After a week my mom decides she doesn't "like" the show and tells me I can't watch it anymore

I had forgotten all of this until now. Now I need to go binge-watch it.

Easy answer? Pick a cheesy Zoid (preferably with blades).

Alternatively, pick a shittier Zoid and practice until you're good enough to beat the top tiers like Iron Kong.

I liked more Raven's Saber Tiger.

Literally just shoot them from a distance

What? Zoids is squeaky clean though. It's not like it's Dragon Ball or Naruto where people are getting their asses kicked/killed

Reminder that humans fucked the fauna of the planet and created the Zoids by accident.

Zoids>fauna

Your mom can fuck right off. Did she let you watch DBZ and shit?

I remember I was home sick from school one day. My parents were going somewhere and I went with them so I could get something to eat. I had forgotten about Zoids and didn't want to miss the episode. I told my parents and dad broke a few traffic laws just so I could get home and time to watch it. We made it JUST in time.

I don't wanna, you're ugly.

I thought it was a combination of my excitement to run home every day just for a TV show. That and she seemed to hate any anime really. She was fine with Pokemon though.

DBZ hell no, that had ~blood~. A couple years later Naruto was mostly okay until she saw the episode where he turned into a chick or whatever.

Whats bullshit too now is she had 3 more kids and she lets them watch whatever the fuck they want. My 11 year old sister streams Black Butler and my mom has no problem with it, fuck

Zoids has endured a surprising number of alternate timelines and origin stories over the years. Grant Morrison actually wrote a UK comic adaptation long before the anime was a thing.

That sucks dude. Go catch up on your childhood. Watch some Zoids and Transformers Armada. I remember those were two of my favorite shows at the t I me. Good shit.

My negros.

they might take the ace combat route in terms of characters, which is not bad at all

Zoids are not western style, you moron, just because its not cell-shaded anime cutscene doesn't mean its "western style"

Who /Gojulas/ here?

What's ANIMAREAL's track record like? Has he worked on other games visual designs? This news has made my day.

Nay, wake me up when Bionicle gets something.

I'm imagining a multiplayer mode that works like vehicle only battlefield maps.

Seeing pterodactyl-based droids dog-fighting while ground units tear it up. The idea gets me so erect.

They did a Bonkles reboot. Shit sucked.

I won't hold my breath, LEGO is too busy making movies and overpriced collector sets.

To be honest, the bionicle films that came out could have been way worse and for their time, kind of good.

I'm so lost as to what's up with all the lore now. The best bionicle game though will always be that point and click adventure on the website. Shit was magical.

God bless Grant Morrison

fuck off back to /m/ ya wee little faggot, gundam sucks big black cock

>There will never be a big-budget Hollywood blockbuster Gundam film directed by the Russo brothers

music is pretty hype

You can't even spell it right

>fuck off back to /m/ ya wee little faggot, gundam sucks big black cock
said no one ever? /m/ likes both too dude..

Do they still make the model kits? I was poor when I was a kid so I only ever had the 2 cheapest models which was some boring worm thing and a generic dinosaur one

i would like a VR zoids simulation game

gundam wing is the shit b/c of the deathscythe but all the rest of it is stupid weeb shit tho

That's some damn good bait boy so I'm gonna give you this (You), you earned it

how can u like the gundam shit from the 70s it so ugly and fucking stupid. it didn't start to get cool until the 90s with GW and then seed lol

I don't think they make the classic motorized ones anymore but there are some really nice posable ones you can get

see

Takara Tomy don't make the motorized ones anymore.

Kotobukiya however has 1/72 scale models of some Zoids like Liger Zero, Shadow Fox, Blade Liger, etc.

slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_seriestitle_id=187&pagemax=40

hlj.com/search/go?p=Q&srid=S1-6SEAP&lbc=hobbylink&ts=custom&uid=229764622&method=and&af=selectseries:zoids&isort=score&view=grid&srt=0

Gunsnipers are love.