what did he mean by this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DIEL6I3GE_U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQbkoRmxRoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6uq_LL9ThTM
youtube.com/watch?v=Yfs2aApWny4
youtube.com/watch?v=7LVh9H7zorg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will people complain about this game's localization too? Or is it because it's just Mario and not muh ebin anime weeb waifus it'll get a free pass?

Gaper Mario 2 when

Weebs'll find SOMETHING to cry about, mark my words.

>"ethics" and "principles" about censorship/localization suddenly dont apply because the game itself is inherently lacking in anime waifus

hmmmm really makes you think.........................................................

There's Meta, and then there's Too Meta.

Just from the screenshots we've seen so far, I'm thinking Color Splash has crossed the line to Too Meta.

I won't, because I won't play it, but judging by the very small amount of Paper Jam I've seen in both English and Japanese it'll probably be bad, but you won't be able to tell unless you can read Japanese and actually compare them.

So? What the hell else is the dialogue going to be about if not meta? The story in particular isn't that deep, but it's still a text-heavy game. They realized this and decided to just say fuck it and go full out, as opposed to Sticker Star which was very wishy-washy and unfocused in its dialogue.

No, NoA is still generally awful. But I find it hard to feel anything about Sticker Star 2.

probably

>NoA is still generally awful

My favorite meme.

Fucking what PM/TTYD/SPM did! Like every fucking RPG is SUPPOSED to do!

Lore/current events/interactions/daily life.

God's sakes, how are we supposed to think we're gonna steer gaming back to right by posting on this board when we can't even seem to get the basics down across all posters?! Fuck!!!

That Shy Guy is telling you some pretty lore-y stuff if you ask me t b h.

>My favorite meme
Then maybe if you're lucky, Treehouse will put it into their next localization.

>NOA is awful

I love how don't elaborate on why.

Because doing so would make you look like a complete retard.

For what reason
It's just going to be a bunch of Toads and Shy guys

reee'd

Cody, please leave, I've been enjoying mostly chill discussion about the game & etc. the past thread now, don't ruin it for me.

>he doesn't want to see Mario gape a bunch of buckets

Larry is arguably the strongest enemy across all five games.

I wonder how Larryfags feel about that.

>NOA is awful
How so?

Literally Radical Larry

>posts sank into the ground because of normies
>posts
>shitposts are because of normies

Aye, I suppose it could be interesting to expand on the idea.
Could even be a continuous story within the hub world for each chapter when you're trying to get to the next chapter's start, involving actulaly doing shit in the city rather than just passing through and solving some new puzzle to open the next path.

Again, more like TTYD, only with bigger ramifications.

When thinking up level ideas, I did come up with a chapter where Mario went to an institutionalized prison, so he could get in through different mob ties.

Literally the "Mario" of the Koopalings. What is his appeal supposed to be?

youtube.com/watch?v=DIEL6I3GE_U

I like his hair and I thought he was the cutest one in superstar saga

>he doesnt use the word gape correctly

>Can't we reschedule?
>No let's just kill ourselves

He had the best looking sprite in SMB3

bowser's paint factory

Deepest lore.

I still think this looks really creepy

>he doesn't want to see Mario viscerally contort and meld the outer lining of the rectum's membrane for purposes
sexual on animate objects that are otherwise animate in our auspicious reality

don't let's do this again

>Rock Paper Wizard almost looked neat as hell
Triggered.

HEY MAN, SHE A GOOD GIRL. SHE DINDU NUFFIN.

She's meant to be off putting. she's meant to seem like the bad guy of the chapter but ends up being a big softie and becomes your partner
Also, making her not-waifu material was kinda intentional as she's the Bow/Vivian partner that hides Mario. She does it by smashing him flat. so they basically become the floor.

>he was a Duplighost-esque creature

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>treehouse

anyone have the screencap of larry laying in a sexy pose? I missed grabbing it the other day

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is this comfy?

>We got a fucking Toad with a hand hat instead of this

Everyone that isn't Cred Forums keeps saying they genuinely cant put it down.

People will point fingers over metroid fans making a minimum of 5 hate threads over feddie fart for 2 weeks until people forgot about it til march 2017

But people never bat an eye at retarded weebs making a maximum of 13 threads of whining about KOWASHITAI/SMTfag whining, that NoA pedo, and muh Xenocensors for over 8 months+ and apparently give em a free pass to do so

Opinions? Top left is the final outcome I believe.

Look closer, it's still a Toad regardless, he would have just been wearing a Lantern Ghost/Duplighost sheet.

I suggest you re read your other post. Mario would not gape a bucket. It would
gape him.

If you tell me that's an edit, I'll forgive you.

Also there's these designs fro the Rescue Squad.

hint hint

>the water here is so nice

hmmmmm where have I seen that before..

Well yeah, but still they could've done something better than a hand hat

yo

The keys are better but still just recolored toads

thank you user

And one last one for now since I only have 3 pages available. The Shy Bandit here, bottom-left is the final design.

they brought back the frog suit?

>you people talk ain't allowed in my game

Calm the fuck down sperglord.

>Have you ever seen his disappointed face? It's heartbreaking!
Yeah, just like the face of Paper Mario fans

OK so bowser's castle isn't 2 rooms anymore
it's around 5 or 6 very big rooms

You gotta be fucking kidding me.

>no hat
disappointing

yeah this is the only pic ive seen of it so far tho

Only FEniggers or weebz latching on "nichetendo" games bitch about muh NoA

"Major IP" my ass, FE cant even keep afloat a spinoff

>The Shy Bandit
>Bandit
>actual Bandits are MIA for some reason despite being in the first two games

Also this

And since I'm going against him currently, here's a picture for those who don't know his final design.

>being in the first two games

Which means they weren't in Super Paper Mario, they were phased out before Sticker Star even began.

No, Bowser's face is more heartbreaking

oh

Is it bad that the more dialogue I read from this game the more I want to pick it up?

I don't want to support it but fuck.

Shy Guys were barely in SPM as anything but a graphic that appears when you waggle after a jump.
Bloopers, Petey Piranha, Birdo, Wigglers and Ninjis weren't in SPM, to boot.

Just pirate it, you double nigger.

>It looks nice and sounds nice and some of the dialogue is funny, who cares if the gameplay is trash!
Fuck you and everyone else defending this game.

>>It looks nice and sounds nice and some of the dialogue is funny, who cares if the gameplay is trash!

I dunno bro thats the argument people use for Super Paper Mario, which is undoubtedly the worst platformer game with the name "Mario" attached to it

you will have already seen all the jokes by the time you play the game

>Bloopers
There are normal Bloopers & you fight a Big Blooper in SPM actually.

Also while this doesn't change what you said Wigglers are actually unused in the game, they look weird in my opinion.

>The story in particular isn't that deep, but it's still a text-heavy game.
So was 64. What's your point?

>That damage control.

What is yours?

Fuck, I forgot about the water section before Fort Francis.

If you really dont support game with shit direction like this one,

You can:
>pirate
>rent
>buy a used copy

Not that hard

Didn't Nintendo patch the piracy stuff yet or can I sitill do it?

i dont have a wii u

Huey also described something as "choice" early in the game.

This game is going to be dated as hell, goddamn.

What damage control? I wanted to know why people hate NoA.

It really does look great

Its still not at all what I wanted and I think that enough will cause me to not buy it though.

>d-damage control
Weebo too shy to explain why NoA is so shit

Youre even are making autist like cody look like a savior at this point

final boss spoilers eveyone knew already

I don't know what to say, I expected it but I'm still mad.

Is there more to it than that?

Wait for cemu

REHASH
E
H
A
S
H

That a game doesn't need to resort to "le meta humor XD" just because the plot is light.

That's because weebs are immature tantrum addicts.

>if I pretend to be a weeb, i'll have elitist cred!

Well I literally explained my point in my post so your request for my point doesn't make sense and proves that you can't into reading comprehension. Thanks for your input though.

>You gotta use the paint bucket as a card
LITERALLY STICKER STAR 2.0

don't you have more problematic japanese games to be ruining

Why would you want an original final boss/antagonist that will literally never reappear again to be wasted on Color Splash?

I'm not even surprised.
I bet the fucking Paint Stars will revive him too.

No. He really does stay dead.

So the game could have at least one, just one redeeming point.

>hungry wiiu owners will buy this
Who's /hopingcucksplashsellunderamillion/ here?

An original final boss doesn't fix literally all of the other problems the game has, it just gives you another "WELL AT LEAST.." to use.

Narcissism

Fair enough, at least now I can say the game is complete trash

Dream Team had Antasma and that game still blew chunks. OC antagonists is surface-level shit that doesn't mean anything. Shroobs too. And arguably Shadow Queen from TTYD has terrible buildup and character, Grodus himself also falls flat, who the fuck cared about him, TTYD is remembered more for the plot of its individual chapters rather than the overarching story.

W-what!

He does die?!

*sniff*.....give me a moment here ya pretendos

Who is that? That's not Zoe Quinn, is it?

Super Paper mario just doesnt do anything worthwhile with the platforming.
Sticker Star and Color Splash are however plagued with bad design decisions.

you actually use him as a shield to absorb the paint
but im fucked anyway because bowser is immune to jump and i ran out of hammer cards

Also, who the hell is talking? Huey or the Yellow Toad?

>arguably Shadow Queen from TTYD has terrible buildup and character
But she makes my dick goes tinky-winky....

lel

Simce when did the Koopalings and their dad get so big?

The problem is that Mario is a franchise that inherently started as a 2D platformer. When you think 2D platformer, you think Mario. The fact that Super takes that and doesn't do anything at all with it in a series that pioneered it is almost insulting to not just Paper Mario, but fucking Mario as a whole. How do you fuck that up?

So like, what happens after you beat the game and decide to continue it? Do you just have him again as if you never beat the game or what?

Literally who?

>Having Flurrie use Lip Lock on her when Peach's body is still out

>dad

They mainly focused on the flipping thing in SPM

Why is Kevin Bacon dressing in drag?

alas
it is

Yes it is

>He shields you from the black paint
S-so he's gonna become corrupted and be the real final boss, right?
At least give us something new.

Aye, I do kinda feel like the lead villains in most of the Mario RPGs are kinda shitty.

The only ones that really felt like they had purpose and connection are Cackletta, Fawful, and Bleck.
Bleck being the only Paper Mario one that really worked, but it's ruined by the fact that he's not even the final boss due to fucking Dimentio stealing the show.

There needs to be more interaction between Mario and the big bad throughout the story, rather than just at the end.

Because he's Kevin fucking Bacon

How do I download a Wii U so I can play this game while I fuck myself with a moderately sized dildo?

He's the kissass bowser Jr wannabe (literally). He's usually identified as the leader of the koopalings.

The female game developer who cheated on her boyfriend with *five guys* including game journalists, which started *GamerGate*

>nintendo doesn't want my money and won't put superstar saga on the 3DS eshop

it's on 11, so don't bring up emulation

Are we supposed to like this or not?

Prior to Bowser Jr., he was seen as the leader of the Koopalings. Every group needs a straight man.

>trans woman
>lesbian
What's even the point?

I thought Ludwig was supposed to be the Leader.

Ok so when you battle bowser,
Take a lot of hammer or flower cards
Don't use jump, it will just waste slots
Now I gotta refight him again

I didn't ask for this

>NO! My time in the spotlight CAN'T be over! I. WON'T. ALLOW. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQbkoRmxRoQ

I think he's canonically the oldest and wisest, but to me Larry always seemed like the one to take point

In both SMB3 and SMW, he's either the first Koopaling you fight or the last, never lost in the middle.

did the game leak or something? can i pirate it when I get home?

No

Because liking it for just the story and graphics while disregarding it mediocre gameplay will make us as bad as sony fans

Acfag-san words of wisdom

Leaders don't get btfo in stage 1, my man.

but user, it's okay when ________ does it

They don't like doing their job if it isn't about localizing Mario or Zelda.
Then they put unfunny memes in the scripts thinking it's funny.
When they have to localize a game they don't like, they bloat up the budget by making incosistent changes to the game, fucking up buyers by giving exclusivity deals to retailers and/or complain that they have to do their job.
NoE is basically doing what they're doing but for more languages and they're doing it much better.

That's honestly hilarious.

That would be the joke
just do Gaper Mario 1 again but replace every character other than Mario with Toad

>Ruined her career
>She's getting several thousand dollars a month for doing nothing

It was Ludwig
Though Larry was the final koopaling in SMW
NSMB tosses him in the middle a few times iirc

But he came first so wouldn't that mean Bower Jr. is the Larry wannabe?

>Bowser's army
What? I thought Shy Guys were neutral and separated from Bowser. Though I have never played a Paper Mario, so it may be different here.

MORE MUSIC

youtube.com/watch?v=6uq_LL9ThTM

youtube.com/watch?v=Yfs2aApWny4

youtube.com/watch?v=7LVh9H7zorg

What I really liked about Paper Mario was that it didn't have bloated, big numbers.
10 damage was a lot and the game really made good work emphasizing it with effects

And now this bullshit

yes

is the gameplay actually bad or are people memin?

tfw

Okay I don't get it, some of you guys are saying you're pirating this and others are saying it isn't worth it.

Do any of you faggots think the game is worth buying or being played at all based on the past few threads?

Look, it may not seem like a good PAPER MARIO game, but just a good game nonetheless, Not all the games have to be exactly the same. Just look at SPM, that was damn near nothing like the others beforehand and people loved the shit out of that. After seeing Crunchii's streams I think the game deserves a rental at best before buying the real deal.

They learned nothing from Sticker Star when it comes to gameplay.

it's bad

The dialogue in this game really makes me wonder if Treehouse decided to pull a KI:U with this one and pretty much rewrote 80% of the dialogue to be "funnier."

>Look, it may not seem like a good PAPER MARIO game, but just a good game nonetheless
Eh, that's a stretch, it's better than Sticker Star but I would say it's more mediocre than anything. Exploring the areas are fun but the NPCs & combat is trash.

It's poo.

>and people loved the shit out of that
no they didn't, where have you been

>Because liking it for just the story and graphics while disregarding it mediocre gameplay will make us as bad as sony fans
>Acfag-san words of wisdom
Well it looks like he's right in this case, since that's literally what Sonyggers do with games like The Last of Us and Uncharted

anal rape

People fucking hated Super Paper Mario until Sticker Star came out

>Do any of you faggots think the game is worth buying or being played at all based on the past few threads?
Honestly? no. I played it because I wanted a decent reason to dislike this game so faggots don't go
>You can't say it's shit because you didn't play it.
The gameplay is really really bad and people saying are enjoying it are pretty much memeing or doesn't care about the gameplay at all and just like to read the "funny" dialogue.

it's okay

The base mechanics of this game are poorly designed.
An RPG where all of your actions other than run are consumables and there's no EXP simply can't work.
Also the complete lack of personality doesn't help.
>doesn't care about the gameplay at all and just like to read the "funny" dialogue.
Modern RPG fans

Exactly what everybody expected.

A better Sticker Star but still a Sticker Star

I hate the koopalings

because of them, we never get any cool villains in mario games anymore. They just make all the villains bowser+bowser jr.+koopalings.

Combat is the same as Sticker Star, except that enemies drop hammer pieces to increase the amount of paint you can hold in it.

It's still the same shit, except this time there's a slim reason for you to not actively avoid combat.

Can someone post the gif of the Steak being cooked?

Actually there's no reason for that either because you can buy or get by drops cards already painted. There's literally no reason to do random battles.

Bowser Jr is literally nowhere to be found in Color Splash.

Yeah, it's like they are passive agressive about SS's reception and the comments about CS trailers

Where the hell is it?

Without them, things would be no different

They weren't in Sticker Star and that game still had no cool villains

Also the Battle Spinner always gives you fully painted ones, even gives you Thing Card Replicas fully painted (and it's pretty easy to pick which card you want).

thank god.

Explain this then.

tongue but hole

You forgot Petey Piranha
Also I think it's plenty possible to make more interesting koopaling fights simply by having them either pilot machines or having them use some sort of henchman/men. They just don't, which is the real problem. Bowser's fights are all "get the fuck away and press a switch", Junior's fights are the only interesting ones because he always has a different mech, and Koopalings have basically been the same since Mario 3.

Heh. Fourth wall humor. Never gets old.

>Danger Larry.gif

Sticker Star's got a 75%, do you consider that game to be "generally well received" amongst fans?

yeah, thats what a 75% is

>simply by having them either pilot machines or having them use some sort of henchman/men

The Koopaling fights in Color Splash are exactly that though. They're all varied and follow different mechanics. Paper Jam also had you fight them in different ways.

>so I'll just have to give up on my dreams...
jesus

>Look, it may not seem like a good PAPER MARIO game, but just a good game nonetheless
People said this about Sticker Star, but that wasn't even a good game. It was fundamentally flawed as an RPG.

Not him, but 75% would be considered "generally well received"

Shy Guys never really made an appearence in any mainline Mario games after SMB2.
But they show up in all the Yoshi island games and Yoshi's Story where they are clearly Bowser's minions.
Looks like they are his B-team after Goombas, Koopas etc.

Super Paper Mario's professonal/critical scores were inflated because Galaxy and NSMBWii were not out at the time and the Wii was starved for a "full" Mario game.

I know, that's my point. I'm saying that it's clear the critics thought it was a 75% even though the fanbase is clearly on a radically different page.

I've never played any Paper Mario game and I have no idea if all those dank memes were shooped in or is Nintendo seriously pandering to cancerous memelords so hard these days.

I haven't finished a Mario RPG since M&L3, and after that I've only played small portions of M&L4 and Sticker Star. I was only really talking about platformers and I count Petey as "one of the bosses Minamoto allows anyone to use" because he showed up in both one of the later M&L games and he showed up in both Shitter Star games

ok bowser is kill, and somehow huey is here. i will post the battle details in a but since im uploading from the wiiu

It's all real

Petey was in Partners in Time and Paper Jam.

But enough small talk, have at you

Not gonna lie, that's pretty funny.

Always wanted Rainbow Road to show up in a non-kart game

Not like this

I always thought he gameplay itself was meh, but I still consider SPM to have some of the best storytelling and levels (Mimi's Mansion and the heaven/hell stuff specifically comes to mind) in the Paper Mario series.
I was actually engaged and wanted to know more about the villains, unlike TTYD.

I also think this is something SPM did better.
Having the trials for the Pure Hearts involve Mario actually going out and proving himself/helping communities without it being all about "stop X's army from invading this place".
Having the enemies/characters be more natural occurances in the levels that you're just dealing with, rather than Bowser or Grodus sending an army specifically for there to be a threat there.

I dont get it.

squeezed a bit too hard

It's real. Treehouse went to shit.

>Man, 10 damage is okay but 65? That's going way too far. You need like four people to count that high.

>It's a good game, just not a good X game
No. Fuck off.
If you swapped all traces of Mario with something original, you'd still have a boring segmented overworld, a combat system that you're still not significantly encouraged to partake in, a garbage "painting" mechanic that just makes everything more tedious/slower, and forgettable NPCs.

I wonder if this leak is actually benefitting the game because people will see the dialogue and want to buy it, not knowing about the gameplay

They did this in all the paper mario games. Glad they stuck to form and ill be enjoying this game when it legitimately released on october something.

>Paper Luigi speaking in-a regular Luigi's accent
This really bothers me.

>Hours later & I still don't know what to do to paint this 1 area
I feel so fucking dumb right now, anyone at all have any idea? I tried Cut Out, the bucket can't get over here, I don't see any invisible blocks. I'm at a loss.

What is it about Mario RPGs that make Bowser's Castle look tiny?