How do you feel about all of the DLC characters in Smash? Were they good choices? Were they bad?

How do you feel about all of the DLC characters in Smash? Were they good choices? Were they bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return549.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They were all pretty good except FE:F protag. No one asked for him. Like his moveset though. Ryu, Cloud and Bayo were nice surprises.

I still don't understand why they added a Sonygger character but I'm happy with Bayonetta so whatever.

No one gives a fuck about Corrin but other than that I'm happy with it.

He's popular. That's it. No one minded MGS2 Snake either.

Because Bayonetta 2.

At least Snake has some games on Nintendo systems.

Wait. Did you mean Snake? In that case: Because Kojima.

people who buy expensive figurines should be hanged

I only bought Mewtwo and Rathalos Armor.

Cloud was the Sonygger character he was referring to

I'd have to ask my nephew, I don't play kiddie games.

Anyone find it kinda weird how sm4sh has some elements that were in Playstation All stars?
>Characters/Stages from Games not yet released (Woolly World)
>DLC support
>More Third-Party Characters
>Characters from Mature games

And Cloud is in spin offs on Nintendo handhelds

Snake is in Brawl and that's M rated

All I wanted was Sora you guys

They were fine, dudelastpatch lmao was the real mistake

Corrin was absolute shit and Bayonetta is next in line.

It's not like it took things from All Stars, it's just the natural progression of things and the smart thing to do.

Mewtwo: Good. Heavily requested character, very poplar.
Lucas: Good. Fan favorite and another Earthbound rep is always nice.
Roy: Ok. Definitely a fan favorite, but adding another Fire Emblem character is a little much, even if it's Roy.
Ryu: Good. Another character from a very popular game. Makes sense that they chose him, seeing as Mega Man is already in the game which gave him an in.
Cloud: Really good. Totally out of left field and has been requested for years. Plays great and has an awesome stage too.
Corrin: The only really bad pick. I can understand that they wanted to advertise the new Fire Emblem game, but with how many Fire Emblem characters are already in the game, it makes his addition feel even more tacked on than it would be initially.
Bayonetta: Another great choice and a fan favorite.

Those are nothing more than glorified cameos. He's in that FF 3DS rhythm game and a boss in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

It's cool. I've long since moved on to other things.

>Characters/Stages from Games not yet released (Woolly World)

Literally the only reason Roy and Marth were in Melee was to gauge interest in bringing the series to the West.

>mfw i didnt pay for smash or any of the dlc
and i have
ALL OF IT

Good choices overall but Corrin still triggers me especially after Sakurai said there already enough FE characters in the game after Robin.

Just missing Snake and Wolf.

Not, actually. Sakurai said he wanted Marth in 64, which was at the time a Japanese only, so Marth was one of the first selected for Melee. Roy came late into development (that's why his hit boxes are garbage) to promote FE6. Nintendo of America wanted to cut Roy from the American release, but decided not to.

>remove characters
>sell them back
>add a literally who
>a character from a series that was on Nintendo
>The character FROM the series was never on Nintendo
>Realize the mistake and add Ryu
>Finally get their shit together and add Beyo, the only decent game for the WiiU

>remove characters
>sell them back
You don't know how engines or fighting games work

I kind of hate them. The characters themselves are cool, but playing against them is a chore and people who play them always feel like special snowflake faggots.

Explain the correlation.

Brawl had fucking Solid Snake you dingus, "mature" characters are not new.

Mewtwo became one of my most used characters, probably my secondary main now
Roy is fun but kinda shitty
I dont use Corrin, Cloud, Ryu, or Lucas that often but I still feel like they're good character who were worth the money.
Bayo is the only DLC character I dont play as. Partly because I have no clue how to recover with her and her moveset just doesnt click with me at all when fighting.
My hateboner for Corrin as a character choice is kind of gone though. He was revealed at a bad time I guess. Everyone was hyped up for exciting new characters, maybe more 3rd parties, but we got another fucking anime swordsmen from fire emblem who has another counter for downB.
But now that I'm over the roster/reveal hype shit I appreciate him as another fun character with some cool animations.

>>Characters/Stages from Games not yet released (Woolly World)
Roy in Melee
>>DLC support
Not the first fighting game to do DLC
>>More Third-Party Characters
Snake and Sonic? Sony doesnt really have proper first party IPs like Nintendo anyway right?
>>Characters from Mature games
Snake

I'm not good at the game, they ruined the little bit of fun I had online.
In general, I've come to realize most of the Smash players are unwelcoming assholes who have no respect for others.
For Glory is literally everything wrong with online gaming.

>Partly because I have no clue how to recover with her
upb jump upb

This has me thinking, what else can they do for Smash 5 character-wise?

There's obvious stuff like Splatoon and new Pokemon but what else will they do that doesn't involve more FE characters and third parties?

They could start making more new IPs

>Nintendo
>making new IPs in the current situation they're in

Lip is cute. Add her so I can finally hear a remastered song of that Forest Stage.

Captain Rainbow because LGBT.

Chibi Robo because fuck you.

Kyle Hyde would be the best character ever, but because no one played that game he's dead forever.

>Waluigi
>Maybe another mainline Mario character
>Another Zelda character (Toon Zelda/Tetra?)
>Dixie Kong or K. Rool
>Krystal
>Maybe 9-Volt or Jimmy T.
>Something from Metroid (are there any feasible non-Ridley choices?)
>A Rhythm Heaven character
>An Ever Oasis character

Cloud to be honest was a bad choice, and all the early DLC characters just felt like bringing back clones. Ryu, Bayo and Corrin were cool choices even if I don't like them really.

This is the correct course of action

It's a shame because I did like playing as Corrin but it did really feel a bit too blatant as an advertisment

>tfw fucked over dead rising save
fuck it
anyone want to play soem smash? maybe a smash ball tourney or something.

I would have a problem with Corrin, but the female version is downright gorgeous and she has a killer moveset. So it's all good.

>mfw casually picking cloud and winning with ease even without limi spam
I love the salt

all good.

It was the only game I ever cared about purchasing DLC

totally worth it

my big thing about corrin being added was that it was right on the heels of the smash ballot
there was so much speculation over who might get in because of it. we ended up only getting one character out of it and corrin.
sure once corrin came out he/she turned out to be pretty fun and interesting but for the love of fuck literally fucking no one wanted this character beforehand

No it just proves most people listen to the most popular guy

>Corrin gets a chainsaw but Bayonetta doesn't
What kind of bullshit is that?

Bayonetta is great for dealing with projectile shitters in for glory though. Bat Within setups are stylish as fuck too if you get them down.

>tfw shitting on cloud players as Bayonetta
>tfw you can bat within every limit charge move, even that bullshit spinning move that kills at 40%
I love it too.

>that active hitbox on corrin's charge
why

is it possible that nintendo made all of the new additional characters so shitty and/or one-dimentional so that it would make people want the dlc characters more?

How do you deal with shitters that do nothing but run up and shield grab the entire match?
There's a reason why so many people refer to it as Tr4sh

i dont support dlc in any game

Found the Little Mac main

Joke's on you.
I main Random

>nintendo made all of the new additional characters so shitty and/or one-dimentional
>Rosalina is one of the best characters in the game
>Mega Man is a high tier contender and incredibly unique
>same with Villager

Your tinfoil hat is cutting off the circulation to your brain fåm

>There's a reason why so many people refer to it as Tr4sh
Because Memelee have autism, yes.

Xenoblade x character
Maybe issac

Same as literally every fighting game ever

Welcome to the Smash jam do your dance its your chance at the Smash Jam. allright allright allright

Run up and shield then roll behind and grab

Grab out of shield then down throw to u-air

Roll to the ledge and then reset neutral OH yeah uh huh

>he can't beat people who use the same predictable strategy over and over again

No, user. You are the shitters.

>No Pious Augustus
>No Alex Roivas
>No Krystal
>No Wolf
>No Protoman
>No King K. Rool
DLC characters by far and large sucked

Gotta get my boi.

Aside from that, Chibi Robo's a lock, and we really gotta get a second Metroid character. If the next Prime game is out by then we can hopefully get Sylux, otherwise maybe a heavyweight Fed Force Golem character.

>all these great characters locked away in "dthrow>up-tilt" the game because Sakurai is too much of a chicken shit to make fun gameplay and balance it
That interview were he cites the combos in MvC3 as being not fun for the other player showed how fucking stupid he is.

>those picks
hi fellow furrbro :3c

I haven't purchased any of the new characters because the pricing is ridiculous and I mostly play local multiplayer. How broken are the new chars compared to the vanilla ones?

>No Pious Augustus
>No Alex Roivas
no one remebers eternal darkness
>No Krystal
>No Wolf
>No King K. Rool
lol
>No Protoman
third party series don't have more than one character

>Sakurai thinks MvC3 is shit

Wow, he's more in touch than I thought. Guess I should stop calling him a hack.

literally half of the base game's newcomers are shitter characters built around running away and bitching you out with projectiles
Bowser Jr., Robin, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Villager , WFT

Little Mac was built from the ground up as a super shallow gimmick character
Palutena is a clusterfuck of random generic abilities and maybe one or two unique moves
RosaLuma is jank cancer incarnate
the less said about Lucina and Dank Pit the better
you could argue that shulk and ganja are interesting enough incusions design wise but overall this game's additions outside of the dlc is garbage

>I mostly play local multiplayer
That means you're getting more value, though, not less. If you buy the characters the people you play with locally can use them and have fun.

Anyway Cloud and Bayo are broke as fuck, Corn and Roy are scrub favorites. Corn in particular has the best damaging counter in the game. Lots of fun for the less experienced players in your life.

>my friend picks and mains cloud
>beat him easily 1v1 with Roy
feels good

All of the veterans should have been in from the beginning.

Bayo and Ryu are neat third party reps.

Cloud and FE character #6 can fuck right off.

>literally half of the base game's newcomers are shitter characters built around running away and bitching you out with projectiles
>Bowser Jr., Robin, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Villager , WFT
If you think Mega Man is a projectile character you really have lost it.

Better yet is the fact that all your criticisms apply 10x to Melee, where no newcomer is viable at all, and only two (one of which is a clone) can even approach the dominant chars. I especially like the "jank cancer" argument when she's basically an unfucked version of Ice Climbers, a Memelee favorite.

>play cloud
>friend whines non stop that hes broken and easy to win with
>he plays cloud and i play little mac
>push his shit in six ways to sunday
>he shuts the fuck up

feels good man

Not him, but basically since Smash 4 runs on a different engine than Brawl they had to remake all the characters from scratch. Most of them kept their same movesets and a lot of voice lines were recycled but the actual assets and rigging were all new.

Even though Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas were in previous games they still had to be made from scratch and according to Nintendo they didn't have time before the release of the game.

They were trash

>No Solid Snake
>No Wolf

Because Smash is a love letter to video games and Cloud is an icon you consolewar faggot

Good choices that I didn't have any real interest in, plus Corrin and Roy which were awful choices. I just started getting into Mewtwo but that was the one I ended up not paying for, so I basically threw away money otherwise.

Cloud is ruining the game

You're on For Glory 1v1 fighting a really annoying campy roll spamming Lucina and see this.

what do?

How about a Platinum-made series Nintendo has the actual rights to?

Cloud ruins For Glory.

Cloud isn't broken but he is easy to win with more so than a lot of characters.

Sell your soul to Diddy Kong/Pikachu and he won't be a problem.

Why do that when Sheik has a better track record against cloud at a high level?

Oh yeah, Sheik. I find it hard to believe she does better than Diddy, but she's a good counter. I also manage to successfully counter every Cloud I've fought with Mr. Game and Watch, but everyone says G&W loses for some reason

Remember when Bowser was an honest character

>what do?
1. Put face in butt
2. Sniff hard

These are all terribly generic examples that can be used for many different fighting games. 2/10 b8

Ganon mains are honest.

Shulk is S tier

Falcondorf is boring. Only Project Ganondorf can save us!

Not in terms of how they play, but in terms of how they are worth:

Elder God Tier
>bayonetta

Faggot Who Always Follows Mega Man Into Crossovers But Is Otherwise God Tier
>ryu

Melee And Brawl Whiners Having A Bitchfit Until Their Cut Filler Characters Got Patched Back In Tier
>mewtwo
>lucas

Hackurai Eugenics Tier
>fire marth

Actually Original Character But From A Massively Overrepresented Franchise Because Japan Has Shit Taste Tier
>dragon marth

How Was That Wii Port Of Metal Gear Solid 4 Tier (or) I Wonder How The NX Port Of Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Be Tier (or) Why Isn't This Terra Branford Or Cecil Harvey Tier
>cloud

Cecil would be too much like Marth, I guess.

That theory is squashed by his fucking frame data

Also don't forget counterplay is a thing versus his Monado arts, like he takes more damage with Jump, slower with Shield, takes more knockback with Smash etc. People take advantage over that shit, Jimbo.

>anti-cloud fag whining about not getting literally who tier FF characters

you guys live in your own little world don't you

He's an anti-nintendo icon.
He represents Square Enix's abandonment of Nintendo

#BuffPuff

Puff is the most honest character in Smash 4

Cloud had been in about 6 games on Nintendo consoles at that point.

Which ones?
All I can think of is Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and that FF rhythm game on 3DS. Never played the rhythm game but KH CoM is just a glorified cameo appearance

D-throw to U-air bros
game has no depth

>a character from a series that was on Nintendo
?
Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Mother are all series on Nintendo.

That's not what that user asked for.
But go ahead and keep moving goalposts like it matters.

I don't care as long as they add Waluigi, since they added five fucking anime swordcunts

>DLC Veterans are all underwhelming and irrelevant at most levels of gameplay
>all newcomers get so many techniques and moves and abilities that most pre-DLC characters are made irrelevant because of it
>no custom moves (fuck you I liked em)
>only Nintendo newcomer is a fucking Fire Emblem character, the other three are third parties

I hate playing against the DLC characters honestly. I don't give a shit about Street Fighter, action games or Final Fantasy so they don't really hold any appeal to me as a gamer (especially Cloud who brought a shitty stage and no music along with him, I can at least appreciate the Ryu Stage remix as a good piece of music).

The only one I'd hate enough to remove is Corrin though, because he seems like a bad joke. The other DLC newcomers bring new franchises along with them, and if someone picks up Bayonetta and enjoys the series, that's great. I've gotten into dozens of franchises the same way. But fuck if FE needed any more shilling.

>Obligatory retro character with new-game tier redesign (Takamaru, for instance)
>New games/franchises still unrepresented (new IPs like W101 or new entries in newish franchises like Xenoblade X/next Monolith Soft title)
>Slightly dead characters, because more people would recognize them than you'd think (AW, K. Rool, etc)
>Wii Fit-tier unexpected additions; longish running franchises that don't seem suited to fighting (Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare side-character, weird forgotten Nintendo mascot like the Famicom Disk System disc with eyes)

>Jiggly mains talking about pain
Come back when you main Mac

Bombermen are seriously under represented in the Smash roster, I mean come ON, it's 2016.

I main them both you know?

>Roy: Ok. Definitely a fan favorite, but adding another Fire Emblem character is a little much, even if it's Roy.
The trick I think they missed here was not making it someone who's a bit different, instead of another swordsman they should have went with someone like Hector

not a popular sentiment here but i wouldnt mind if they juiced the Pokemon count up by +4, maybe +5 if Jiggs is axed (or "replaced" by Wigglytuff since i love that thing)

tons of fun designs that would fit into a Smash game snug

I don't really want to complain because Bayonetta's reveal was the hypest shit and I genuinely enjoyed playing as Ryu and Cloud. Ryu in particular is exactly how Smash DLC characters should be handled.

Its the Nintendo reps I didn't care for. I'm fine with Lucas and Mewtwo coming back, although I would have preferred Squirtle over any returning character since he was so unique and legitimately fun to play as.

Roy and Corrin though just pissed me off, ESPECIALLY Corrin. Roy should have gone to Wolf and Corrin should have been something else like a real Ganon or K Rool or just something people actually fucking wanted.

Fire Emblem should never have more than 3 reps to begin with and the fact that 6 are playable, 2 of which comprised 50% of the 1st party DLC, is fucking bullshit. I really hope Smash 5 tones down the FE jerking off, but Sakurai probably won't.

Pic related all have a shot.

>Fire Emblem should never have more than 3 reps to begin with and the fact that 6 are playable, 2 of which comprised 50% of the 1st party DLC, is fucking bullshit

it's a shame because it started off great first

Marth, Ike and Robin with Lucina as a Marth alternate costume would have been the perfect count

>praises Roy
>bashes Corrin

I'll never understand this shit. Roy is literally a fucking Marth reskin and he's also a character from a SHITTY JAPAN EXCLUSIVE GBA GAME. At least Corrin plays fucking differently.

No, he represents Final Fantasy, which is absolutely a Nintendo icon. Cloud is the face of the franchise, is culturally significant, and had a huge impact on video games as a whole. What is so hard for you faggots to understand?

How did you pirate the DLC? .cias?

>Inkling
>Toad
>Dixie Kong
>Rhythm Heaven something
>Chibi Robo (stretch)
>Elma (bigger stretch)

These are the only ones with a shot. Give up with the rest.

The fact that Ice Climbers is even on that mosaic hurts my soul.

I main both Jiggs and Mac and the bullshit I go through is like no other.

>Elma
i hate this meme
nobody from X will ever be in smash

Lucina should have just represented the class changing aspects of Fire Emblem. Fucking laziness from Hackurai

Meanwhile, Project X Zone 2 gave Lucina the most interesting moveset AND even Chrom.

Takamaru was literally considered for Smash 4. He's got a shot. Isaac and Saki are all known to be fan favorites. There literally hasn't been a single Smash game that didn't add a new Mario rep and Captain Toad is easily the most popular character to not be added, sorry Waluigifags, especially when he could be considered finally adding Toad.

And while I do agree Wonder Red has a slim shot, Sakurai is friends with Kamiya and always reps at least one new IP from the previous gen per Smash.

I'm sure you said the same thing about Shulk. Sakurai is a Xenofag.

What bullshit?

Sweet Lord. I pity you, I really do.

>Mewtwo
He's really good... right now, back when he was introduced he didn't actually live up to its hype as -The- DLC character, since he was not very good, but overall he's in a nice place and had everything it takes and more to be DLC.

>Lucas
He's ok I guess, not really into the Earthbound boys, and he seems almost identical to how he was in Brawl

>Roy
Another okay-ish pick, he's got some popularity from Melee and at least he's not a 1:1 clone of Marth anymore with an inverted sword. Most of the backlash from his introduction is because Lucina exists, making Roy the "third Marth".

>Ryu
Really good pick, pretty much everyone who knows videogames knows Street Fighter, so he has popularity going for him, and he's a pretty good character even, and imo his mechanics should be expanded for all the cast in future smash games

>Corrin
he's kind of a victim of the circumstances, he's a legitimately good character gameplay-wise. However, no one asked for him; he's just there to shill for FE14, and FE isn't that popular an IP to warrant 6 reps in the first place.

>Bayo/Cloud
Ballot picks (yes, Cloud is a Ballot pick). People asked for them, and they were given to them. You can't really complain about this. They're really good characters, but it's likely they're Snake 2.0 and 3.0 and are just one offs for this entry

I could see Bayo being back for Smash 5.

Platinum & Sega are both on strong terms with Nintendo and unlike literally every other 3rd party rep, Nintendo actually owns one of said IPs games.

>Chrom can't even be the main character of his own game
>Can have his canon love interest stolen from him
>Got BFTO of Smash
>Bullied in PXZ2
Poor guy.

Because it is 2:55 past midnight and i can't use headphones right now. Sound is crucial for most vidya i play and i don't want to wake up the neighbours. I'll probably watch a movie on low volume with subtitles.

Really? You think that's suffering? Try to get KOs as Duck Hunt when opponent is under 200%.

Don't you dare to consider the smash attacks, those pieces of shit have a slow start and can miss a KO even when they connect in Sudden Death.

Cloud was neat but he's fucking awful to play against holy shit.

i've been maining a character that has been low tier in every game, and ive played every smash game

to have them add new characters that have interesting/broken mechanics and/or strong competitive viability, and then make you pay for them, while leaving series and company stalwarts to rot in obscurity with the same relatively slow and shitty moveset theyve always had, is a bit of a slap in the face

>get hit, build charge
>hit someone, build charge
>down b, build charge
>everything builds charge
>you can't make him not build charge
>if you're not breathing down his throat he gets free charge, but chasing after him isn't always possible or a good idea
>disjointed as fuck hitboxes that put shulk and marth to shame, the ko mechanic of Little Mac except 10 times better and a really good projectile
Fuck Cloud, man.

I'm just pissed by the way cloud's Down B doesn't have enough ending lag. That thing should be punishable.

They should have put Tsubasa over Corrin.
#FE needed the advertizement over Fates.

Eh, don't really give a shit.

Fuck off.

How about you fuck off, coward?

The hunters or a space pirate maybe for metroid

I thought we had too many third-parties. Keep in mind I liked the choices for the third parties, but with all the cut veterans and the 1st party characters who have never been playable in Smash, they should have dialed it back, maybe saved some for Smash 5. We'll probably see some of the cut veterans return via modding within the next few years though, so maybe it'll turn out fine.

With Smash 4, you only have to edit your save file to get the DLC if your game is fully updated, everything else regarding the characters is in the game and buying the DLC just flips a 0 to a 1.

No shit?
Works on stages too?

Yeah. Just grab Cafiine and run a patch that unlocks them. It's just like running a mod. I haven't used the characters I haven't bought online yet just to be safe but I think they'd work fine.

they held off on Wolf because the NX port will be getting a different wolf

Replace bayonetta with wolf.

No, replace Corrin with Wolf.

Or replace Cloud with Wolf, or even Pichu. I don't care who, anyone would be a better replacement.

What 3rd party characters do you guys think have a chance in smash 5?

Honestly I'm shocked Phoenix didn't get into sm4sh.

Jesus christ the designs really do just keep getting worse

In defense of the new games, that's half of a split evolution. The other design is a lot better.

Sora and Bomberman jump out to me whether theyre nonsensical or not

They tried that, their problem is marketing their new IPs.

Would there be a way to do something similar on wii u?

>Because Smash is a love letter to video games
It's a love letter to nintendo you stupid nigger

Why was Square okay with Cloud being in this but not PSAS:BR?

DHD main here

The trick is to mentally fuck them up with b and side b.

Down Smash is the key to fucking niggas up.

PAS was blatantly being done by a B team.

There were rumors Sony higher ups didn't really give a fuck about it from the start so they didn't want to flex muscle into bringing in noteworthy characters, hence no Lara, Snake, Spyro, Cloud or Crash.

Diddy is cancer
Cloud is ok
Rosa is overrated
anyways fuck trash 4

>Mewtwo
>Roy
>Lucas
Should have had all the veterans for this price.

>Ryu
Eh, kinda fun.

>Corrin
FUCKING WHY
BANDAI NAMCO NEVER FUCKING AGAIN

>Bayonetta
Thought she was a bad choice at first compared to a lot of other fun choices, but she actually wound up having a fun, sexy, and interesting style. I was expecting more tryhard, animu shit. So, good on them.

>Cloud
>

I like them all. The roster is the greatest roster in a fighting game in my opinion.
Just needs Ice Climbers and Snake, maybe the NX port will deliver on those 2.

Lucas > Mewtwo > Bayonetta = Ryu > Cloud > Corrin >>>> Roy

Lucas and Mewtwo shouldn't have been removed in the first place. Lucas more so, most certainly not because I like him more.

Bayonetta and Ryu both bring something interesting and new to the game. Bayonetta's witch time for example, while being another stupid fucking counter, was executed very interestingly. Also Ryu's QCFs and Z motions. They're great.

Cloud does bring introduce something new too, but it's not nearly as big as Bayonetta's and Ryu's. His Limit is basically Little Mac's, but better because it can be charged and used on all B moves instead of just one. Cloud is also very unfun to fight against.

Corrin would get significantly less hate if Roy was never added and released with Lucas and Ryu in his place. Still, he's a fucking blatant advertisement and another FE character with a counter, but this time it takes attacks both sides and makes you go straight up!

Fuck Roy

>Yes, Cloud is a ballot pick
Retard alert

Because PSASBR was dog shit lmao

but he sort of was

It's objectively the greatest roster in any game, ever. Find me a better one. MvC2 comes close.

All in your head

Smashfags tend to do this, which is why there are so many false rumors floating around regarding the games (Wario as Mario clone in Melee, etc.)

One of many reasons why you guys are the worst fanbase

Yeah, the only one I could think that comes close is the MvC series.

Ryu, Bayonetta and Cloud were poor choices. Bomberman should have been one

Fuck Cloud.
He has hitboxes the size of Shulk with the startup and cooldown of Mario and the power of Ike. With Limit he is always at an advantage.
Fuck that bullshit character.

No. Anyone telling you otherwise is just a fanboy for that game. The returning characters were the only good ones.

Bayonetta is a shit game. The whole cuhrayzee action genre is shit. Fuck all of you

I was talking about Wii U. 3DS you need .cias.

This. Ask someone who plays Cloud what his weakness is, and other than his recovery there's nothing.

Who cares about the Amiibo shit. The good stuff was the witch class.

Zelda needs an expansion. Hasn't had a new rep since Melee. Toon Link is just Young Link reskinned.

>Should have already been in the fucking game tier
Mewtwo, Lucas
>too many third party characters tier
Ryu, Cloud
>this ballot was rigged tier
Bayonetta
>In the 14 years it took for you to come back to smash you STILL suck? tier
Roy
>Get the fuck out of my Smash Bros tier
Corrin and Palutena

Palutena is not DLC, but fuck her she's the bottom tier of every list

The further away we move from the last released Golden Sun, the less likely he's going to be in. Sakurai literally said this for Takamaru, and he had a fucking Nintendoland stages.

Saki, Mach Rider, Isaac and Takamaru do not have shots unless they get new games.

>There literally hasn't been a single Smash game that didn't add a new Mario rep

Brawl.

>Ryu and Cloud were poor
>We need literrallahuackbar

Bayonetta is not owned by Nintendo. It's still owned by SEGA.

Honestly Cloud is probably going to be the hardest comeback, looking at how limited the music is on Midgard shows Square wasn't really going "have fun". There was probably a lot of work involved in getting that done.

Sakurai mentioned he was interested in getting Geno in Brawl and that never panned out, and that's a character Square doesn't even care about anymore.

>BANDAI NAMCO NEVER FUCKING AGAIN
They just made the actual game, Sakurai is still the director and him and Nintendo are in charge of decisions like that.

Bamco is responsible for things like Zero Suit Samus getting her alternate costumes and Bowser Jr. making the cut despite both things being considered to be cut due to time. Sakurai himself commends them for stepping up and going the extra mile for that stuff.

Snakes never coming back. He was a one-off. We know from Kojima Sakurai didn't even ask him to see if he could get him to return.

Actually, Corrin doesn't seem like such a bad idea now

> (Wario as Mario clone in Melee, etc.)

Except that's 100% true and the source, Sakurai, is still publicly available.
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return549.html

As well as a 2002 Famitsu interview.

What really gets me about the Smash fanbase are idiots like you who slam their hands on their ears and scream their not listening and keep pretending things that have been confirmed are just rumors because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Sakurai does say, in the Japanese Direct, that Cloud was the number one requested character from Japan in the Ballot as well.

I have a feeling Corn would be more well received had Lucina not been in the game and had Roy not come back. She's a fun character to play as and her gimmick is actually kind of cool.

Fuck fire Marth. Worse possible choice. Mewtwo and Bayo are cool. Corrin looks fun. Don't care for the others. Still missing Snake.

Corrin would have been more well received if they literally weren't announced as the last character ever being added to the game along with yet another 3rd party characte, justr for the sake of marketing.

Like if Corrin was announced after Mewtwo or whatever, opinions wouldn't be so soured.

>Still missing Snake.

Will always be missing Snake. Kojima confirmed nobody ever asked him for a return, even though he would be for it, meaning Sakurai did not intend to include the character again.

>(Wario as Mario clone in Melee, etc.)
Sakurai confirmed that in an interview with Famitsu

Is talking like this just your way of asking someone to prove you wrong?

Meleefags

Roy and Corrin literally got into Smash for the exact same reason, to advertise their upcoming game. Only casual Meleefags defend Roy over Corrin. I say casual Meleefags because a comp Meleefag doesn't give a rat's nutsack about Roy

If anything Corrin is the only one who really sticks out like a sore thumb for several reasons.

Otherwise I think they did well in selection for the most part, we got some fun characters out of it and the returning veterans were alright picks. Perhaps Roy would be better received at the time if we didn't already have a good share of FE representation already.

Corrin still makes me mad, funny how both the characters that got into Smash solely for advertising are from the same series that Sakurai has reportedly played every single game from. He can try to backpedal all he wants, but something tells me that if he held something like MOTHER in the same light that he did Fire Emblem, we'd have Ness, Lucas, Porky and Paula, with Duster and Kumatora as DLC.
I can only hope they realize their blunder and abstain from adding any more FE characters but God knows we're due for another 2 per game now that it's hit "major IP" status.

>Sm4sh releases
>most balanced roster to-date, which is impressive considering the massive amount of characters
>has some issues with meta due to projectiles but isn't too bad
>mewtwo releases
>fits pretty well with fighters
>Lucas releases
>god fucking damn lucas is more annoying than ness, but whatever, it's the same strategy
>Roy and Ryu
>great additions
>Cloud
>plays on the worst parts of the meta, actively encourages running away and spamming projectiles
>Bayonetta and Corrin
>both feel like they had the least playtesting out of any character in smash history, released hilariously overpowered

Cloud Corrin and Bayo literally ruined the game for me, every player is a tryhard faggot now and it's no fucking fun anymore.

But HOO-HAH

I actually forgot about that. Diddy was almost OP but still beatable. Very annoying to fight against.

I also said most balanced to-date, not masterfully balanced. Melee and Brawl have such bad balance issues it's hilarious.

I don't know, Cloud sticks out way more to me. You can bring up his dialogueless cameos in shit like FFExplorers and Theatrythm, or that he appears as a summon in GBA Kingdom Hearts, but it's the Cloud from FF7, the stage from FF7, a game that not only has never been on a Nintendo console but has historical importance for being when Square left Nintendo exclusivity.

>>most balanced roster to-date, which is impressive considering the massive amount of characters

Stopped reading there.

Except everybody knows that Roy was Luigiified.

which other smash game launched with a roster that made 90% of the characters viable?

>Final Fantasy, which is absolutely a Nintendo icon

>cloud
>spamming projectiles
Cloud's projectile is the most easy thing he has to deal with and if they're giving you problems you are a shitter.

one or the other is not an issue, but running away and spamming makes for the most boring, drawn-out, and irritating fight possible.

i think he means how you deal with cloud.