Skyrim special edition has the potential to become the very best game of current gen

skyrim special edition has the potential to become the very best game of current gen

>very best game of current gen
>free on PC

Master race wins once again

Todd Howard? Is that you?

Todd, I can't and won't make this any simpler for you.

You failed at life. You failed. When one thinks of what man is capable of, pushing himself to the limits physically, mentally and emotionally to achieve heights of success never before mentioned, your name will not be whispered in the same, reverent fashion that others have.

Nobody will remember Todd Howard. You aren't even a header or a footer in the career of someone else. You are nobody. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

In short, you are an enormous failure.

Todd, being that you're about 30 years old and your brain has probably hard-wired itself to accept such failures by now and write off such criticism by being "flippant", really suggests that you've passed beyond the proverbial breaking-point. There's no turning back. This is your career, this is what defines you and this is what you'll defend to the end.

The abhorrent failure that is Bethesda, Todd Howard, that is your legacy.

Maybe I'm over-reaching, however. Who knows? People CAN change. Maybe you'll read this, Todd, and think long and hard about what a wasteful life you've led. Maybe you'll think, "wow. It's incredible just how abysmal and pathetic I really AM!" Maybe you'll lift some weights in the morning. Maybe you'll take a self-help class.

Maybe in a couple of years, Todd, you'll have learned from this failure. I doubt it, though.

I genuinely doubt it.

why does this generation suck so much ass
its like the devs admit it themselves by releasing all these rehashes, remakes, "remasters", hd collections etc. bullshit
i want video games to die

>this is what TES shitters actually believe

brb riding to Novigrad to pick up that gold for the contract.

I'm 80% sure that you switched the remaster and mod images.

>a fucking remaster is the best game of this gen

this brings me back to when Last of Us Remastered was the highest rated PS4 game

a graphic update won't solve the atrocious game design

He switched them.

for people unaware OP and changed 'remaster' and 'mod' text, what is called 'mod' is, in fact the remastered version of skyrim. note the Dues Ex piss filter on the remaster

Did you guys remember to buy fallout 4?

What's the mods name?

>Psst. Hey, user.

from the looks of it there's a bunch of mods running on that copy of skyrim, so I couldn't say bruhz

b-but the middle one is modded

Can't wait to make another stealth sniper

is that fun?

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!

REMASTER
HAS
NO
ROADS

Clearly the middle one is the mod.

T-todd, please, that dreamboy was joking! You're great at your job! Heck, your lying is best the in the whole wide world! In fact, you're so amazing that we're all going to buy the Skyrim™ remaster and Fallout 4™ not once but twice!

And might you let my wife and kids see me once more

>Mostly gray sky.
>Crystal Clear blue water.
Mods always miss the mark, because they prioritize clarity over atmosphere.

Fun until you one-shot almost everything, and two-three shot the rest.

Weather/sky and water mods are separate. It's impossible to have different looking water for each weather.

That's why I don't download a lot of "world visual" mods for Skyrim. All I have is pure waters, pure weather, SMIM, and relighting Skyrim. You can say a lot of shit about Skyrim, and most of it isn't wrong, but Skyrim is a beautiful game.

You switched the mod and the remaster, cognatio

Like movies studio, big video games developers do not like risks and are more comfortable investing in sequels, remakes and reboots of a guaranteed IP.
They are here for profits: the most money made from the less cost/effort.

>vanilla
>something that was ok for the time
>birth of mods
>players went nuts with everything
>then they release the middle high rez textures
>players built upon that
>they built glorious frozen tundras
>they built fantastic forests that you love to get lost in
>etc
>so here comes bethesda taking the vanilla textures and slaps a piss filter on it
I seriously hope they do not replace my game on steam with the newer remastered shit and fucks up my mods

This.

>mod
>shows what is likely the shittiest ENB they can find

>piss filter
It just looks awful as always

Wait a fucking minute.
>SMIM lantern in the remaster

Remaster and Mod are swapped around you cheeky user

>muh mustard race
>game crashes constantly
>spend hours modding on irrelevant crap

Wow they added windmill sails and chromatic aberration. Totally worth my 60 bucks.

I expect it's gonna be a while before all the relevant mods get ported over so until futher notice I'll assume the original is still the superior version

ur dumb

ur also dumb

That mission where you kill the Emperor guy on the ship was pretty cool

The companion quests were meh

The mage school ones were lame and anticlimatic

have fun spending 60 buckaroos familia

Why did you change around the words, shill?

The mod and remaster are flipped.

>Kill the fucking EMPEROR
>They find out it was you
>Can go and join the Imperial Legion afterwards like it's water under the bridge
That shit really pissed me off.

>That mission where you kill the Emperor guy on the ship was pretty cool
No it wasn't. It was wimpy. It was soggy. It was painfully easy and very short. No lead up, no hype, just a dude in a room alone and you stab him. And after that nothing in the world changes. It feels completely consequence-less and trivial.

You know i gladly support a great game then, rather being a leech.

>You know i gladly support a great game
Yeah, but we're talking about Skyrim.

How does the remaster work for me. I own it on PC, do I just get it for free or do I have to buy an upgrade or what?

In a game where essentially nobody cares whether you end the civil war or kill the world-eater, inconsequential end up feeling like norm.

>pissfilter
wtf i hate mods now

>PC
>do I just get it for free

yes

Found the PS4 player

Fuck, I forgot there was supposed to be a war happening in the game

IF you have all the DLC. That's important.

The graphics will get better.
The writing will not.

Have a Yui.

I can't wait for 2018 when they'll make Fallout 4 with guns.
Everyone here should finally give up and realize that Bethesda doesn't make games for us anymore.

You didn't get my meaning.

if ash piles are permanent and the quest bugs remain then im not buying, ill wait for reviews. it better not be the same game with fresh paint

the one on the left is a screenshot from remaster - it's even on steam store page

Well, I got the legendary edition, so, unless something else has been released I'm good.

To be the best game this generation they need to fix:

The aweful combat. One of the worst experiences i ever had
The shitty dungeons they have because every single one of them is build the same.
Its a boring tedious mess
Story. I dont remember 5 characters from the game and compared to an actual good game like The Witcher 3 its emberassing
Graphics. Its still looks like shit so they need to change the entire engine,character animations, textures etc
Quests are boring as fuck. Its always about: "I lost some shit in a cave 50 meters away and gues what the entire cave is full with the same monsters you will encounter in every other single quest

The load times will decide whether I spend $60 on this for my ps4.

>to be the best game of this generation bethesda needs to trash everything, get a slap on the back of the head, and do skyrim again

>windmill edition $60

For fucks sake stop being retarded guys

I can't believe I have to share this board with people who would be willing to repay the $60 fee to play a mediocre WRPG with slightly better graphics (in a game with bad art design) without even the decency of mods.

in order for it to be the best game it needs to actually be a good game in the first place

it disgusts me that people would touch Skyrim even with mods.
you can try all you like but a disgusting puddle of diarreah dog shit will always be a puddle of diarreah dog shit; it'll just have band aids thrown ontop of it

James? You still post here?

Or you could just play an actually good game like Rabi-Ribi instead.

Nice! They've done great job with graphics

i only play skyrim for the sexmods

Why do so many people here shit on the elder scrolls games? I mean I'm just curious about it, I have only played Skyrim and it was ok, but if these games are that bad why do so many people open threads about them? just curious as i said

I liked exploring in Skyrim.

Too bad about everything else.

Why are PC gamers so poor?

Get a fucking job instead of begging mom for good boy points.

Skyrim is popular, and Western. It is, of course, normie faggot facebook frogposter bullshit.

It's free because there are already graphic mods that are better than the remaster.

Aside from the fact that you switched the pics, it's depressing to know that both the remaster and the mod are blurrier and less crisp than the original.

Skyrim is genuinely terrible, but publicly pissing on it is a meme on Cred Forums. That's why you see so many threads trashing it.

i want you to die. We can't all get what we want.

Wow thanks for explaining this reddit I wouldn't have possibly known if it wasn't for you

Cred Forums loves morrowind though, and possibly daggerfall

>lets just add chromatic aberration to our shitty game and call it a remaster lmao

>put a poop filter on it and blur everything
Is this what gamers want these days?

Do people not realize SSE is just a way to break the entire existing mod community so Bethesda can try paid mods again?

My only wish is that the remaster fixes destruction magic. Having it not scale was breathtakingly stupid

They're not changing any mechanics you mouth breather.

Well that's fucking lazy

>Hurr PC costs too much
>Durr PC players are poor neets
Pick one man.

>stop liking what i don't like

PCucks are poor pirates for blowing all their parents money on useless hardware

Well then, yes. generally one does not pay to download through a torrent.

>WRPG
go play your japanese love game

test

not that far from the truth actually

>it better not be the same game with fresh paint
It will be exactly that.
They could at least create some new dlc stuff if they're gonne ask full price for it.
Full price for us console peasant that is.

>samefagging because no one took the bait

mad

Skyrim is a bad game.

The worst part is how they advertise the special edition as having new quests and features; THROUGH THE POWER OF MODS.

Name a good game and I'll tell you why it's bad

but why? I had fun with it

Pac-Man

>game crashed because it was 32bit
>its now 64bit like Fallout 4
>Fallout 4 doesn't crash. never ever. unless you do it intentionally with conflicting mods.

But good luck getting your ps4 mods user.

>the shitty filters are better than the official remaster

Skinner box with shitty gameplay and graphics

It just doesn't do anything outstanding. The writing is bad, the quest lines are pretty dull, picking a faction does nothing, the gameplay is mediocre and dumbed down from previous entries.

What does it do well other than being fairly pretty?

dmc is a good game. The gameplay is good, the story mostly stays out of the way.

immersion

So it facilitates you playing pretend? I guess it's just not for me then. Immersion is right around the bottom of things I want from a video game.

>So it facilitates you playing pretend
Doesn't all games?

I see what you are getting at, but damn if that game isn't comfy and immersive. It is kind of shit, when you compare it to games like Wither 3 and the Souls series, but the only thing Skyrim has in common with those is the setting. Skyrim is a whole other type of breed. It is a slow and cosy game that doesn't take itself too seriously

It's fucking Bethesda, what did you expect? Honestly?

You do know OP's image has the 'mod' and 'remastered' images swapped right

A lot of games will either give you interesting gameplay with challenges to overcome or tell a great story or have interesting characters or really fucking anything. Skyrim is below average at almost everything it attempt and it's one of the most popular games of the last decade, it's mind blowing to me.

>CHUMIMIIIIIIIIN

Mod and Remastered are switched.

>tfw ps4 owner

It will replace your vanilla game and most of the modders will have to fix their mods for the remaster version.

Got it on PC, PS3, and will get it on PS4. Problem?

true, but keep in mind it does other things well. It has a great sense of adventure with a colorful and living world. No it doesn't have a dynamic world with AI interacting with AI behind your back, but the world is alive in the sense of it being lived into, with books scattered, and the stark contrast of fighting through a crypt in one instance and delivering honey meed in the other.

Damn if it haven't perplexed me in the past, but to understand why Skyrim is popular and a good game you have to not focus on what you see. As said before, it isn't a great competitor to the Souls or Witcher series, it's a slow, atmospheric and immersive game for someone that doesn't want a long reaching goal. If you just want to stroll through a forest or a tundra and see where it takes you, sure do that. You want to be a thief, sure, do that. You want to save the world, well, you can do that as well. It's a kick back, let's relax and snug down under my blanket kind of game. It's not about 1337 skill and sick combat, it's about having a good time, a good stroll through the woods, killing a dragon, a stroll through some catacombs, riding your horse down a waterfall and then going to a bar fist fighting some elf