You start matey

All Mario games
All Zelda games
All Metroid games
FF7
Mass Effect 1
DOOM
System Shock series
Deus Ex series in general (Mankind Divided was OK)
Planescape Torment
San Andreas
Bloodborne
Metal Gear series (only good one was a spinoff, MGR)
Anything Bethesda shits out
Sonic 3
Witcher series (probably the worst offender in this list)
Everything Blizzard shits out

That's all I can think of right now.

You serious right now nigga?

>I've never played FFVII before!

I'd argue that FF7 is no longer overrated because most people who call it overrated haven't actually played it and thus only say it's overrated because that's the meme.

ez bait

>Deus Ex series in general (Mankind Divided was OK)
>(Mankind Divided was OK)
The shit cherry on top of the shit sundae that is this post.

Any game that has at least one diehard fan will be overrated.

It's just a thing that will happen because it's an entirely empty criticism that serves no real purpose in actually criticizing the game's faults,

this is so true.

>GW2
>overrated
literally every person i know who played that rates it as "abysmal garbage"

Jewtubers, twitch bitches, normies, gayming journalists etc. beg to differ

those arent valid humans desu

pretty much all FF games are overrated because the majority of people who rate them so highly have barely played any other JRPGs to measure them against

its like watching nothing but American network TV sitcoms and proclaiming one of them the best shows without ever having watched anything else

I totally agree with this statement

all those cancerous tf2 arena shooter clones like overwatch, paladin etc. mobas, jrpgs, visual novel """""""""""""""games"""""""""""""""""" everything (You) like

Chrono Trigger

I just fail to see what makes it so special among other SNES games. And before you ask, I didn't like FF games either.

>join "gaming club" back in uni
>bring up JRPGs on a whim
>of the 20 people there, every single one of them had played FF7~FF10
>try to bring up Xenogears or Suikoden II
>"haven't played it"

I don't even dislike FF games, I enjoyed most of them, but it's really sad how few people actually try stuff outside of them.

Xenogears is pretentious garbage.

Suikoden II is okay, but not many copies were sold. You can't really blame them for not playing it.

it's not the fucking holy grail of snes games it's just good

There are the most cancerous games I cam think of

nothing about xenogears is pretentious
the entire world is built around crazy half-retarded theology meets giant robots meets nietzsche
the writing doesn't pretend to be deep, and it's actually pretty blatant in everything it says to a fault.
you could call the story crazy, or plagiarizing, but you should probably learn what the word pretentious means before shouting it at everything you don't like.

About Suikoden II, if you can't emulate a fucking PS1 game in 2016 you are literally not worthy of being alive

You can filter words like pretentious, edgy, etc to vastly improve any video game discussion on Cred Forums.