OTHER M

why does this game get so much hate?
it's not an amazing game but it's still not as bad as everybody seems to make it out to be.and its nowhere near the worst one in the series
I think it's one the better titles in the series to be honest,at least its better than the Metroid 2 and Metroid prime hunters

Other urls found in this thread:

tumblr.com/tagged/zero-suit-samus
youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc
youtube.com/watch?v=SfS0254dRRw
youtube.com/watch?v=VzIW2g7jFvI
youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and its nowhere near the worst one in the series
Which one would that be then OP?

Metroid prime hunters

>Cred Forums is already defending Other M

I knew it

Hunters cant be worst metroid while that multiplayer existed.

Other M had nothing going for it in comparison.

you're a fucking retard if you honestly think that and not baiting

i seem to be the only who's defending it

Awful controls, awful story, awful health system, most stupid ever "upgrade" system. It's not bad, it's a piece of shit.

Nah, I think that despite technical limitations Metroid 2 still manages to be better. It's major flaws were same-y looking areas and repetitive boss fights, but if it had been able to have a minimap, 2 would probably be the best handheld entry. Meanwhile, Other M manages to be bad purely from a design standpoint coupled with mediocre controls, and that's not even touching its cinematics.

Nope, while Hunters single-player was wholly lacking, that multiplayer had no rights being as good as it was.

Other M on the other hand was one of the most mediocre and boring games I've played, even more so than the single player from hunters.

I've actually seen a couple of people defending it from all the hate it gets. And while I do agree that Other M might not have been a good game, I think the hate directed towards the game has gotten a little out of hand.

i didn't bother with the multiplayer so i can't say anything
all that i know sp fucking sucked

Metroid 2 is reasonably fun within the restrictions of the platform. Other M has no excuse for being poopoo.

>when that multiplayer existed
so, you're basically saying any reason to play it is now over, and the game is bad without multiplayer

what else can I say...

Other M design is superior

specifically the one in SSB4

>awful controls
bullshit the game played fine
>awful story
that's subjective i didn't mind the story all that much
>awful health system
again pretty subjective i actually liked the new health system
>most stupid ever "upgrade" system
i can agree with that

I'll tell you why:

It humanized Samus. Before Samus had NO personality and NO character traits. She had no real voice and no real past besides "I was adopted, raised by burds, and Adam was my boss".

Metroid fans HATED this because it broke every level of fan fiction canon that they had developed in their head's for 15 years or so.

Also, it wasn't a rehashed 2D game and it wasn't a rehashed 3D game. It was a hybrid of both genres that emphasized action and mystery over scanning chozo lore or hunting for pixels.

And I keep saying this over and over, but it's literally Ninja Gaiden in space since it was developed by Team Ninja.

It's a really great game that's shit on by "nintendo fans" who can't let go of the past.

You can still play it with friends

ITT: OP pretends to blindly defend an objectively shit game because he's THAT bored

you're proving my point
other m looks better

At least refresh your IP.

>BUHU SAMUS HAS TO BE A STRONK WYMIN!!!!

>>>tumblr

Left looks better desu senpai

you're a faggot user

>muh human samus
you do realize other m samus is blatant waifubait right

that's a really good argument,thanx user

Its story is a character assasination.
Its music is just shit remixes of old music.
Its gameplay is braindead easy and practically nonfunctional.
Character designs are absolutely dreadful, look at any human character for an example.
It completely steals the satisfaction of finding the upgrades in a metroidvania game by story-locking them.
The game always points where to go next.
It doesnt have level design.

It deserves all the hate it gets, its a fucking horrible game.

you weebs are ruining everything

Let me add this too:

Don't listen to these morons about controls. The controls are PERFECT. It's literally impossible to fuck up Samus' movement unless youre a complete idiot. All you have is a D-pad and two action buttons (ding ding like an NES controller, because the Wii was all about giving life back to NES games).

Also the cinematics were something nintendo had never really done before. This was during an era where big story cinematic games were the hot shit, and here comes nintendo and team ninja with high quality videos.

Finally, the Japanese voice actor honestly did a better job than some of the western ones. Samus at least in the Japanese version sounds much more mature than the little girl actress in the American release.

>It was a hybrid of both genres that emphasized action and mystery over hunting for pixels.
Other M had pixel hunts tho

>point at the screen to switch to stationary missiles
>explore a 3D area with the Wii Remote's fucking d-pad
>stationary missile shooting after three first-person games will full movement
>most restrictive Metroid to date with the weakest excuse for why you can't do basic things
>upgrades unlocked through the plot
>Samus' completely unnecessary attempt at "character development" means making her a bumbling retard that needs her hand held
>soundtrack is forgettable
>some of the 2D games had more room variety
>reused bosses
>Ridley's shitty new design
>Ridley is killed in a cutscene
>regenerating missiles and health

But that wasn't the point of the game.

Metroid fans cry about other M not being about exploration, yet the game doesn't hand off rockets and health upgrades with its automatic special weapon unlocks.

And also, how The fuck would it make sense for Samus to magically lose all her power ups?

That's the dumbest thing about these games is that Samus for some reason ends up losing all her power ups every game.

And you know the only reason for this is to pad the game's and lock certain areas so running back and forth in the worlds seems like you're progressing.

Was Prime Hunters that bad? It's the only Metroid I have 100%d and I had fun with it but I don't remember much about it anymore since I played it years ago.

I wouldnt say bad, just not as good.
It still had a lot of good stuff with it but single-player wasnt all there.

first,fix your spelling retard
>Its story is a character assassination.
what character?
>Its music is just shit remixes of old music
music is subjective, not an argument
>Its gameplay is brain-dead easy and practically nonfunctional.
bullshit the gameplay was fine just look at this >Character designs are absolutely dreadful, look at any human character for an example.
those are the wii graphics for ya
>It completely steals the satisfaction of finding the upgrades in a Metroidvania game by story-locking them.
MUH METROIDVANIA
>It doesn't have level design.
bullshit

you're a 2d Nintendo faggot and you should kill yourself

>It's the only Metroid I have 100%d
get out of here kid

>calling someone a 2D Nintendo faggot while defending Other M
Shut up, Gormaker. Go back to being a nigger on /vg/.

good luck finding
>a friend with a DS
>a copy of Hunters or a flashcard that can run DS games on a 3DS
>someone who wants to get over the stylus + d-pad + L/R setting
>more than one person with all the needed stuff above

Literally doesn't worth the effort. They could have just put some multiplayer options on Wii U re-release, either local or online.

Hide the thread, move on.

Trolls were defending the game in 2010, you're new.

>it's a SJW shitting on Other: M again thread

Care to explain?
I haven't played Hunters but Metroid 2, as flawed as it is, still offers more interesting level design, gameplay and its almost non existant story is still better than what they have done with Other M. Samus in that game is a fucking moron.

I have only 100%d Prime 2, can I stay?

>3d
you're a faggot fuck off

>/vg/ nigger shitposts out of boredom

>Faggots defending Other M

First, fix your baiting, retard.
>what character?
Exactly. Instead of making Samus into a character with strengths and flaws, Other M makes her into a whining retard.
>music is subjective, not an argument
Sure. Could have done more original music though.
>bullshit the gameplay was fine just look at this
And he(you) is wrong. How can you defend having to point to the screen to shoot missiles, or making every non-boss enemy pointless due to auto-lock, or how literally every encounter in the game is easy due to the incredibly lenient and huge dodge window?
>those are the wii graphics for ya
Character designs have nothing to do with graphics.
>MUH METROIDVANIA
That is not an argument and you didnt deny anything with that statement.
>bullshit
Nope.

You almost act like a human, shitguzzler.

t. autistic waifufags

No, Prime 2 was a great game.

I thought it was kind of boring. I mean it was cool at the time and online was neat, but the overall game was just boring on the level of prime 3.

That ain't me, breh.

Also the most important thing about other M is that it was such a good and unique game that "real" fans ignored it and were given Federation Force instead.

Literally you reap what you sow, you fucking terrible metroidfags.

t. SJW

You dont see anyone defending sticker star or star fox command at these parts

Fuck off Other M also killed Ninja Gaiden due to Ha(ck)yashi of Team Ninja

You only need one cart to play. And plenty of friends have ds or 3ds or wiius.

>Being against waifufags = SJW

Get the fuck out of here.

SCIENCE TEAM HAS VAPOR FOR BRAINS

>muh strong women

tumblr is that way
>>>tumblr

Get out of here before we use you as the next Morph Ball test subject.

kill yourself waifufag

other m was the worst kind of bad because it gave people an easy way to feel smart

end yourself SJW

You guys would probably just end up putting your own head scientist as the test subject, anyways

Fucking funny low-level SJWs like moviebob, Dobson, and Egoraptor actually defend the game to hell and back

Also pic related, keep on falseflagging.

In the same way it gave people an easy way to start flamewars. We need to move on eventually from Other M right?

@353016464
last (you)
kill yourself :^)

is it possible to play Other M a la the old MGS games? Can I shoot non-missiles in first person?

>Can I shoot non-missiles in first person?
Yeah
Only after you run out of missiles

Try harder fag

wait, are you being serious with that spoiler?

>cherrypicking

see

That's it.
Report to Head of Personnel for immediate reassignment. Enjoy your new job you you double zoomer

This is your mindset Cred Forums

YOU are the SJW

If my memory serves right, yes.

Story goes so far beyond awful it descends into some hellish void.
Gameplay is super simplistic and sucks as an action game.
Pixel hunts.
Walky sections.
No Metroid formula to speak of.
No memorable music at fucking all in a METROID game.
Forced cutscenes everywhere.

>game played fine
Did you never try firing a missile
>health system
Concentration makes it incredibly slow

Upgrade system was the only thing I didn't mind, the pixel hunts on the other hand were bad, I thought it had just crashed the first time I got to on.

>No personality
>Forgetting the cutscenes in Prime 2 and 3 and brawl

Movieblob could never do first person games though, he found it too disorientating when he'd look down and see his feet

You're just a vapor brain science member, you can't reassign my ass anywhere.
PS I unlocked all the doors to your labs, and the Hunter is coming in a few minutes

Check yourself autismo

Tumblr is a goldmine for ecchi art

tumblr.com/tagged/zero-suit-samus

And be sure to check the "view popular posts" settings too

Anyone wanna give some confirmation on this? I'm not about to dig my Wii out if that's the case

his right tho

this

>Forgetting the cutscenes in Prime 2 and 3
>Forgetting that Prime is no longer canon

>anime image
Its amazing how anime ruins everything

Actiona speak louder than words

Prove him wrong fagboy

It's a letdown coming from Prime and 2D games. But still, it's not that bad
But don't ever hope for a second you can have an actual argument with Metroidfags, they are nuts, leave them alone with their spastic autism

There's nothing wrong with posting anime images.

You can't say Metroid 2 and Prime Hunters are bad when you like Other M.

>@

youtube.com/watch?v=SfS0254dRRw

TELL ME LIES

TELL ME SWEET LITTLE LIES

BTFO

Do you have the cheerleader upskirt com of this semen demon?

No, I only save reaction images of her not lewds.

If I had never played a metroid game and had just picked up Other M on a whim I would still have thought it was one of the worse games I've ever played.

It was just a boring, ugly, bland game with a bunch of shitty cutscenes that were also boring. It wasn't even fun.

>be a Cred Forums metroidfag
>talk about sakamoto's mishaps while pulling shit out of the ass

>eceleb
KYS

And he got diabetes shortly afterwards

>Storyline was shit
>Gameplay was shit
>Character development was shit
>Samus's personality contradicted past games
>retcons every game to exist
>tries to be multiple games instead of one
>has not redeemable quality
>linear
>doesn't play like a Metroid game
>doesn't feel like a Metroid game
>doesn't look like a Metroid game
>shrinking no suit Samus from 6'0" to 5'3" while leaving her suit 6'2"
>Adam
>controls
>shitty upgrading system
>Samus wearing heels while her suit is flat footed
>PTSD being misused
>Art style change from 2D entries

I'm emulating this game to 100% it so I can move on with my life and take dirty screenshots . Anyone else manage to get rid of the stutter on dolphin that's associated with the effect/texture loading issue?

>the game played fine
D-pad controls in a 3D environment where you have to change the fucking position you hold the controller to go into a first person mode where you're glued to the floor. Plus an action game with no beam switching and the same imbalance of weapons carried over from when it wasn't an action series.
>i didn't mind the story
Glad your standards are at rock bottom
>i liked the new health system
Why? You're not rewarded for actually fighting, there's no tension with how many missiles you have, and there's no lasting damage.

Don't forget Sakamoto also said that Samus in to 2D games and the Prime series is the same Samus with the same personality, which makes me question what happened with Other M after he told Retro and Tanabe that Samus would point blank shoot a Pirate in the head if it was holding a hostage and show no emotion?

>It was a hybrid of both genres that emphasized action and mystery over scanning chozo lore or hunting for pixels.
>mystery is shit and spelled out for you in cutscenes
>is literally the only game with pixel hunting

Of course a namefag is a retard, never fails.

>Mom! Look! I'm fitting in!

>special advisor of FF
>Other M had a shit ton of elements from MP3+Fusion
>especially taking MP1 dropped third person camera
>added MPFF content to Miitomo (his game)
>even used the Varia Suit in that
Is Sakamoto the biggest Metroid Prime fanboy in this world?

Maybe there's a reason why Cred Forumsirgin keep on crying "Primefag" so much here.

Metroid Prime doesn't deserve to be stuck with the shitty franchise. Especially when Other M infect the sib-series through FedFarce

Hunters wasn't very good but it still stuck to the themes of exploration and relative isolation.

Also I really liked the final boss.

>video on internet
>must be e-celeb
Shut up you Cred Forums-celeb

Is he right?

Don't forget
>Legendary Power Suit bared a striking resemblance to the Prime version in Zero Mission
>Zero Mission used Prime music for the Chozo
>Zero Mission had a robot Ridley similar to Meta Ridley
>Used the first ship Samus used in Prime as Samus's ship in Zero Mission
>Used Prime's Seeker Missile in Other M
And shitheads say he hates Prime. :/

I need to create more images of SJWs like Arin defending Other M when i get back home from college

Suddenly im in the mood to demolish typical metroid thread shitposters like that one FE fuckboy who comes here all the time shelling out (You)s each thread

>needing e-celebs to tell you that Other M sucks

fag

game play, level design and story all suck

>being this much of a delusional faggot

He even supervised all 3 Prime games, despite little involvement.l

Yeah, I'm sure guilt by association is all you need to make somebody change their mind

>Hasn't read this entire thread full of Other M apologists

It's a character action game where combat is nothing but an auto-shoot, an auto-dodge and this awkward "flip the controller around and give up your movement to fire missiles via motion controls" mechanic. Complete with a button that restores your HP and ammo on demand and fucking NES controls in a 3D space.

It's fucking garbage even without the Metroid branding attached to it and its joke of a narrative.

>a mute character looking around is personality

Cmon guys. Sams is on the level of mario and link when it comes to parsonality.

>Cred Forumsceleb

Stop, Quentin.

Dont knock it till you try it senpai

Quentin did nothing wrong

We are diamond dogs

>Implying Mario isn't a jealous little bitch during Luigi's win animation for tennis GC
>Implying Link has no personality after his "You said it yourself bitch, we'e the Hyrule Warriors" line

This.

Yall nigeurs would be singing another tune if this was a new IP from Team Ninja and Nintendo.

Bottom line is you guys just want another Super or another Prime. You guys don't want anything new.

If it didn't have the dumb way to fire missiles, concentration, pixel hunts, and less time to input dodges then I reckon I would have liked it.

>it's now a crime to want Samus to be a tough as nails bounty hunter that stays in her suit and never exposes the zero suit
>It now makes you a SJW to say you don't want to see the zero suit

How do you fucks not find Samus in the armor itself sexy? The armor is the whole damn appeal! How can you possibly have such pathetic taste?

We have heterosexual desires and realize that a character's sexuality is important to their personality.

I love the little subtle things in this short exchange.
>Dark Samus lands and has more fluidity to her movements, seems to have a bit of wobble in her gait, making her seem primal and animalistic
>Samus moves in a quick, controlled manner

It's fucking great and shit like this is so much better than THE BABY.

I just assumed that zero suit is something slim that fits under the armor that Samus wears to allow her to integrate to the suit better. Then of course Other M ruined that by making it work with literal magic.

Just because it was forced in Other M doesn't mean the Solid Samus:Tactical Espionage Action wasn't good in ZM, same with the kids in FE4 not being de-valued because of the 3ds games

>Woman looks realistic
>This means she has a manface
>Actually wanting the disgusting barbie doll
That being said, the young Prime Hunters Samus looks good too and looks pretty similar to Prime Samus.

Prime 1 Samus' head was made using in game graphics for that one scene. Prime Hunters was a dedicated cutscene not using game resources.

>Other M ruined that by making it work with literal magic
This is why I ignore Other M.

>Yall nigeurs would be singing another tune if this was a new IP from Team Ninja and Nintendo.
No I wouldn't, because it's still a poorly designed game with shit progression, shallow combat, corridor level design and an obligatory Japanese soap opera plotline tying it all together.

If it was a new IP it wouldn't even be talked about. It'd be forgotten and buried with all the other shovelware third party games on the Wii, or at best fans would reflect on how mediocre it was like The Conduit.

>Bottom line is you guys just want another Super or another Prime. You guys don't want anything new.
Super and Prime aren't even my favorite Metroid games.

Explains why it's shit

Alright, I'll give you that ZM was pretty neat use to it, and the idea that it's a plug suit isn't terrible. I know the Fusion Suit is a combination of things but I like to think that's what her underlayer looks like more.

I just feel like Samus is always so much cooler and more interesting inside the suit, it defines her just as she defines it.

The voice actor portraying Samus was as dull as dishwater
Game play was awkward as hell
It didn't do to add to her character other than make her look frail and weak without the approval of some dipshit named Adam
Samus, who never suffered from a mental breakdown, does so for the first time seeing RidleyDidley.
Samus is a character who doesn't need to say anything to show us what kind of person she is.

She fucking drones on and on about the baby.

If you like it, fine. But that doesn't mean it's worth defending.

>That being said, the young Prime Hunters Samus looks good too and looks pretty similar to Prime Samus.
That design was inspired by Fusion Samus

Hunters also had the "literal magic" in that CG scene. pretty much the only games that didn't rely on Chozo or bird magic for plot were the original trilogy plus Fusion

>The voice actor portraying Samus was as dull as dishwater
I just realized that what they did to Samus in Other M was the exact same thing they did to Silk Spectre in the Watchmen movie.

Well the Prime series and Zero Mission uses energy to matter conversion, which is possible with more advance technology like the Chozo. Other M shrunk Samus down gave her high heels and expects us too believe a 5'3" women in heels can fit a 6'2" suit with flat feet.

I think the entire reason the ZM section worked was because you now had to think about enemy encounters, before you could steamroll through just about anything, that makes every single enemy a threat so you have to stay on your toes. It's cool to have her full arsenal and just torch through enemies with the plasma beam, but it's far more tense sneaking in ZM

>claims to not trying to be a "celeb"
>namefags
Fuck off autist

I'm saying Yall just want a 2D (zero mission, fusion) game like Super or a 3D game like Prime (2,3, hunters).

You guys don't actually want a new game.

>Bottom line is you guys just want another Super or another Prime. You guys don't want anything new.
This argument might make sense if you actually considered Prime was anticipated to be shit and was then loved upon release. Other M was pretty hyped and then was hated once it came out.

>namefag
>yall
>shit opinions
>deliberately contrarian
Fuck off faggot

>I'm saying Yall just want a 2D (zero mission, fusion) game like Super or a 3D game like Prime (2,3, hunters).
This is a problem because? Don't fix what's not broken.

>deliberately

Fuck you'all, it's my opinions meight.

>We want a game to use some of the basic elements that made previous games popular
Whoa, we may have a Sherlock Holmes here guys..............

>I think the hate directed towards the game has gotten a little out of hand.

Why? There was noting good about it. You liked the story of Adam Malkovich, how samus and the player accomplishes nothing, the shitshow of a story, the fucked-up controls, the overpowered dodge mechanic, the ugly graphics, the lack of a decent soundtrack, and the enormous amount of rehasing Fusion?

>people that consciously say "y'all" to make others think they're special snowflakes
That used to get on my nerves when I moved from Texas to Chicago several years ago. They were the type that became SJWs, tool

>This is a problem because? Don't fix what's not broken.
Right. But see, Nintendo is not Activision or EA. Nintendo are not satisfied with rehashing their games, even tho people love to day that.

Nintendo as a whole likes trying new things and they like experimenting. The only reason we ever get "samey" games is to please shareholders with a few million unit sellers.

The games that have been getting the most backlash have been in series which were never really big commercial achievements.

Like people complain about Mario Kart 8 no having two item slots, but ignoring that it is genuinely the best Mario kart to date.

People need to understand that Nintendo will continue to experiment on your favorite IPs and it's rare that they ever make a sequel because the fans ask for it.

It ruined everything, post Other M metroid fanbase is a fucking mess

>The only reason we ever get "samey" games is to please shareholders with a few million unit sellers.
Then maybe they should start doing that for Metroid.

lol

Instead of baiting each other, how about we talk about our favourite experiences we have had in the games?

>Ridley boss fight in Super
>Going against the SA-X in fusion
>Fighting the Metroid Prime
>Dark Samus fights

No, in the same post I said Other M was a bad game. What I mean is that it's been 5 years and people still get in heated debates about how bad it is for 500+ posts.

Is that the same reason Other M recycled its plot from Fusion and all its aesthetics from Super to appeal to nostalgia?

Ridley fight in Super and the SA-X encounters in Fusion were fun.

I'm fine with experimentation with the franchise and Nintendo.

Prime was a big risk and its one of the most highly praised games Nintendo's ever put out. Fusion and Corruption didn't follow the same structure or tone as Super Metroid or Prime and they were better games for it. Hunters was really neat despite multiplayer being uncharted territory for the series, and I'd be happy to see another that fleshes it out and has stronger online. I still play Metroid Prime Pinball to this day. My favorite games Nintendo puts out are niche shit like Rhythm Heaven, Elite Beat Agents and Sin & Punishment.

But that's only when those experiments worked and were good games in their own right. The reason Other M, and Federation Force as well, have bad reception is because the experiment was poorly executed or a bad idea from the get-go. Other M in particular had a huge backing and hype around the time of release, its fan response after people actually got their hands on it, so your revisionist history of people being biased against it for not being the same as Prime is ridiculous.

Knock it the fuck off with the attitude that if people don't eat up everything Nintendo shits out that they just want to keep reliving their childhoods.

Well Mr. Level-headed-observer. Who is more in the wrong? The people pretending it's "not that bad" or even good to get (you)s or the people arguing with them?

You can't have a debate without two sides you realize.

>That's the dumbest thing about these games is that Samus for some reason ends up losing all her power ups every game.

So you take an idea that is fun: "explore the world and find powerups and unlock new parts of the map"

And trash it for an idea that's not fun, but more "realistic": "she selectively doesn't use powerups except at story-governed points in-game.

The funny thing is that the "realistic" mechanic proved to be even more ridiculous.

Metroid 2 and Super had no explanation for taking away all your powerups - you just started with nothing (or almost nothing) - and no one complains, because the act of hunting upgrades is enjoyable. Not being able to use something that you theoretically have, because of cutscene contrivance? Now that is not fun.

It's like people don't even think through their reasoning. That's how you end up shitposting about how "misunderstood" Other M is.

Wrong time of day, calm Metroid threads only happen late-morning, I did like being spooked by the chozo ghosts when I just went back to the tree section

>The people pretending it's "not that bad"
Honestly those are more annoying desu, those are the ones who make the most Other M threads.

>there will never be a proper MetroidXMetalGearSolid game attempted again
>sadpepe.png

>it new so it automatically good
Are you a Sunshinefag perhaps Gor?

I can bring 3D Sonic games or Skylanders into the subject

It's an easy way to get (you)s is all. I never really understood arguing something as "devils advocate" unless you're actually trying to make a point.

Half the time on Cred Forums tho it seems like they're arguing for "more lazy bad things" which I don't really get.

This is a problem because?

I get arguing to defend it, even if you don't like because the person attacking it is flat-out wrong, or defending the ideas but saying they were badly executed but that's about it

It seems Other M has destroyed metroid threads.

Will look out for the calm ones. Although, last time I did, it turned into Zero Suit dump when we were having a good discussion about Metroid lore.

>
>I'm saying Yall just want a 2D (zero mission, fusion) game like Super or a 3D game like Prime (2,3, hunters).
So fucking what Gor? Are you currently getting bothered by sonyplebs that keep asking nintendo to shell out awful experiemental game to prove they do make new shit?

As a matter of fact, You know what else is NEW AND FRESH?

Yeah, they don't normally last long, but they're nice whilst they do, like the Star Fox thread that's currently up which has now turned into a furry dump, and will inevitably become an argument over whether barafags or regular furfags are worse

>because the person attacking it is flat-out wrong
I can't count the number of times I've had to defend something I couldn't care less about because of this.

Its a problem because he has taste.

DUDE NEW AND FRESH LMAO

>Wanting Other M 2 means you have taste
Man, the retards that hide in these boards.

DUDE NEW AND FRESH LMAO!

Look, the game's lowest point comes when she reverts to a little girl crying in front of a huge dinosaur-dragon monster.

The same monster she had already killed before.
With no regrets. So, wtf?

Also, there was a gamebreaking glitch when retrieving the ice beam.

I dont mind the simplicity of it, in fact i welcome it, but those two things were just unbearable.

It doesn't outside of certain communities such as Cred Forums. It was critically praised with excellent scores and recieved mediocre reviews from players, which means that while it wasn't stellar, it certainly wasn't hated by "everybody."

Good?

Ikr?

Basically like asking for yaiba or pic related

The ridley scene pissed me off.

I wish I screenshotted the argument I had with an user defending that scene.

Command did have some nice ideas, and I did lik most of the character themes.

RE was still a step down from the other two sigma games though, the fact that kunai climbs, and raptor dives made it back in to it makes me wonder how awful the cut stuff from NG3 vanilla had to be

Reminder this fucking gook killed not only hopes for a good 3rd person metroid but ninja gaiden too

>"lets hire a fresh out of ninja school director without itagaki to handle two beloved series' gameplay. What could fo wrong?!"

I wouldn't have minded so much if she had her breakdown after the scene when Higgs gets knocked down into the lava, and she realises that despite how strong she is, she is/wasn't strong enough to save her human family from dying, or her bird family from dying, or her jellyfish family from dying, or her black family from dying

I'm a dishwasher and I'll have you know that I am quite interesting

That's a pretty cute gook.

DUDE NEW AND FRESH LMAO

inb4 cody

That's basically directing and placing an entirely different narrative.
Which honestly anything else would have been better.

What did you think of Devil's Third, this isn't intended as a slight, I'm just curious where you'd rank it among the NGB/S games if it isn't too different to be compared.

I think mine would be 2>DT>S1>RE but I only ever played through them each the once

Reminder that anthony is just a poorman's rundas only black

DUDE NEW AND FRESH LMAO

Anthony had a better/more memorable voice, but I did prefer Rundas
Such a cool battle theme
youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc

We already had one guy make two videos going into detail about why Other M sucks. Hell just last week he made this third video as to why Other M sucks.

The entire metroid franchise is garbage. This one isnt any worse the others.

Worst official review game from game informer who is full of mostalgia blinded metroid fanboys who hate it unconditionally even though they admit to never having played it. Just like v

Let me guess, the new Baby's first FPS guy that trolls Halo threads all the time?

Oh huh. I keep on seeing this video in my recommended videos and keep on thinking that it's old.

Other M looked pretty good for a Wii game and run pretty smooth

Not him but too bad the art style was pretty fucking drab anyway. And the floor textures were fucking awful iirc

I found gamingbrit cause of these threads
He's very good at ripping on Other M

Let me guess: you had no better games than metroid growing up so you were forced to play and like it

Only thing though, is that he says that MP3 was his favorite Prime game and gushes about it.

I mean, to each his own, but I personally feel like it's the WORST Prime game by far and away. Though he's kind of right, even that game compared to the drek that is Other M makes it look like a godsend for the Metroid franchise.

I recall there was a sewer area that just made me stop playing for how ugly it looked.

Yup, same fag knew it.

It looked dramatically worse than Prime 1. Everything was less detailed, especially environments. Pull up some screenshots of the forest-ish area and relive the horror.

Go into all the 2D games and they always have a brilliant amount of colors even Metroid 2 on the GBC, but Other M was so fucking desaturated.