>Ryu I guess
>Ibuki probably
>Urien is fun

>>Main
Moving to Urien, will probably still use Alex a bit

>>Rank
super bronze

>>Best character in the game
Ryu. Most say Chun but Ryu just has that raw damage for fucking nothing. Chun has tools and damage but you have to work for it just a little

>>Worst character in the game
Gief, though he is still strong when he has momentum on his side. I think FANG might actually be weakest

>>Is Urien good?
Yes, he's high mid. His weakest point is without meter or vtrigger his damage is mediocre, arguably bad outside of anything with cr.hp. But his great buttons, strong fireball game, lots of tools and when he does have meter he does stupid damage

>Urien
>Gold (should be Super Gold or higher, haven't played ranked in four-five months or so)
>Chun or Ryu
>Gief or Two-guy
>Yes

>Nash
>Bronze
>Nash
>Zangief
>Probably decent and he's fun to play

>all the DLC characters are jobbers compared to Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li
Why bother learning anything other than Ryu and Ken? They're easy to play and the best characters in the game.

>Nash
>Hovering between super and ultra bronze
>Nash/Ryu
>Gief
>Probably but he's fun to play as

The OP should have asked for the most braindead character too, in which case the answer would be Mika and Ken.

Laura after

>Bison
>ultra silver or something, I've got 3800+ points
>Nash or Ryu
>I don't know
>I don't know

Cause other characters are more fun and if I play chun I'll spend all session masturbating

>Still playing this casual shit after the rootkit fiasco

>>Main
I would say Alex but I pocket Ryu, Rashid and Urien.

>>Rank
Ultra Gold (~7200)

Easily Ryu, with momentum he can run over majority of character with his damage.

I would have to say FANG.

>>Is Urien good?
He's not as good as he was in story mode but he's still pretty fun, especially when doing a aegis juggle>taunt>Critical Art, but he's not high tier, maybe mid tier.

Lord know this is true

Rashid
Super gold
Chun
Gief or Fang
Too early to tell, can't play him for shit myself though

>every other game isn't dead af

>playing fighting games on pc

there's your problem famalam

Karin Main.
Finally got out of bronze hell and made it to silver today.
Best character is Chun Li.
Worst Character is Zangief/Rashid/FANG
Urien is fun but still way too new to be used effectively.

Alex
Gold
Ryu/Necalli
FANG
Urien is strong

As Alex players, do you feel that Necalli just wins easily with his St.Lk into grab shenanigans?

No
It'd still be nice for EX Powerbomb to be throw invincible to deal with it better though

>alex
>silver
>nash
>juri
>no

>Letting Necalli get close to you as Alex
Alex has some of the best neutral buttons in the game.
Just spam cr.MP and win the game

Former Necalli main, swapped to Urien
Silver
Ryu
Gief
I love him obviously, Don't know where he'd place on a tier list but I'll keep playing him anyway.

Norton Anti Virus
Ultra Diamond
Malware Bytes
Capcoms Dignity
Who cares

>Alex, but I'm practicing with Necalli
>Bronze. Almost super bronze!!!
>Charlie
>Juri
>Urien is good but not high tier. Too soon to tell

When I'm not doing aegis shenanigans, what does Urien want to be doing?

building v-meter
spamming sMK

>Zangief
>Super Silver
>At my level, Ken
>Juri
>Mid tier. Can be good, but damage output is kind of low

>Main
Necalli
>Rank
Gold
>Best character in the game
Ryu, fuck that cunt and his 50% 3 hit combos and fucked up hurtbox
>Worst character in the game
Rashid by a long shot
>Is Urien good?
No 3 frame jap, no cross up, only has a invincible reversal useing meater.
Japs are gonna instantly deem him shit that's for sure.
I doubt he is top tier but maybe high mid or A tier.

I don't know why Capcom makes the DLC characters so shit.

>Guile
>Platinum
>Ryu/Chun/Ken/Karin/Necalli
>Gief/Ibuki/Bipson/FANG/Guile

Playing a strong neutral game. Keep the opponent out with your long normals because without a 3f jab or a meterless reversal, getting opponents off of you will be much more difficult than if you were Ryu/Chun. V-reversal is also an option if you're being pressured up close, but like a lot of the DLC characters, they're at their strongest in V-trigger, so burning meter for V-reversal should be avoided if possible.

>Main
Laura
>Rank
Gold 4200LP
Chun
Gief
>Is Urien good?
Probably the better of the DLC's

>play mostly alex
>cammy was my sfiv main
>suddenly getting urges to pick up cammy again

someone stop me

>Vega
>Silver, overanked because my Ken friend keeps on playing on my name so I keep getting bodied
>Chun or Ryu, maybe Nash
>Juri
>I don't know if he's good but he's fun as fuck

Anyone want to play a few games? I'll mainly be playing Vega but I started looking into Necalli and wouldn't mind practicing.

>Main
Zangief
>Rank
ultra gold
Rashid
Zangief
>Is Urien good?
I don't know, I quit the game last week

After the malware shit I went back to playing DoA.
Having more fun with it and at least the backgrounds don't fuck with my eyes.

>Main
Alex
>Rank
Gold
Chun and it's not even close
probably Juri or Zangief
>Is Urien good?
a top 5 contender, definitely the best of the DLC characters.

>Main
Urien
>Rank
>playing ranked
Urien
FONG
>Is Urien good?
Yes

Is DoA actually any fun at all? I remember playing the free one on PS4 and hating it more than any fighting game I've ever played. This is coming from someone who loves Tekken.

Why are there so many Alex players on Cred Forums, I never see them anywhere else

>Chun
>around 4000 with 8.5k LP
>Chun
>Juri
>Yes, better than Juri at the very least.

>Main
Birdie

>Rank
Super Platinum

Chun-Li

Juri

>Is Urien good?
Tied with Boxer for best DLC character, might be better.

Cammy is ultra plebtier cancer that just presses whatever the fuck she wants to and calles it "offence" with retarded damage to match her playstyle.
I tried playing cammy and boy does it feel weird to actually hope someone blocks your buttons because it gives you free mixups if they do without getting a knockdown

You cant button mash in it because if you fight someone who has played for awhile and knows your shit they will predict your shit and literally counter you to death.
You have to sometimes pace your combos and not just mash them out asap, juggling also helps if you can launch enemies but its not Tekken levels of juggle.
Not a ton of people play it but the game is fun and has a good pace to it and its not all about rushdowns or standing back and doing fuck all.
Wish more people would play it but SF is basically the thing everyone plays.

>Main
>Birdie
>Super Platinum
But Mike said Berdie was trash?

birdie is kinda bums

you gotta play like a HAM idiot to win neutral cause everyone goes nuts all over him and his buttons are too slow to stop people.

He also said that about best girl

Birdie is really good, it's just the gap between him and the people above him is far wider than the gap between him and the people below him.
And most of the cast is below him.

>Ryu
>Super Platinum
>Chun or Ryu
>Gief
>Urien's aight

how do you guys play this game? the inputs dont work.

We all agree colour 12 for Urien is best right?

>implying colors that don't change his skin color matter
you'll just burn them off anyways

Birdie
Plat
Ryu
Probably Ibuki, don't really know.
Urien looks pretty good I guess, time will tell.

Birdie is not "really good". He's the most mid-tier character that exists. Absolutely horrible specials, decent buttons, good damage.
He's a pain to play right now, since you have to be super lame because his tools are pretty much garbage. I wouldn't mind lose a few points of damage here in there if it meant that chains came out slightly faster, or that bullhorn was actually useful as an AA.

Should I stop playing on pad?
I'm starting to see limits to what I can execute on pad with Karin

>Not saving the naked mix up
You can't just pull it out every time

>He's the most mid-tier character that exists.

>playing ranked
Scared son?

I haven't bought the Season Pass and I did not seriously play Alex during his "free weeks". I still have trouble wrapping my head around the DLC characters in terms of where the end up in the tier-list. So yeah, Alex might be pretty mid-tier too. His style is actually a bit similar to Birdie, I feel like, so it appears mid-tier is where the "brawlers" end up.

Alex is solid A tier tho

fuck alex and his bullshit crouching medium punches

>Main
Juri
>Rank
Gold
>Best
When Makoto joins
>Worst
When Ingrid or Dan joins

>Gief
>scrubby silver
>Chun
>Fang is pretty shit one person doing good with him isn't enough to convince me otherwise
>Ageis Reflector beats wake up super against Bison, pretty fun

That, and being able to uppercut or mash jab whenever I'm not +3. Can medium pressure me to death

>zangief worst
accurate answer desu

Was wondering this myself, every time I get into a v lobby there is usually 3-4 Alex's myself included.

Why does Cammy wear legos on her elbows?

R.Mika
Ultra Bronze
Ryu
Ibuki
Yeah

My Makobro

>Nash
>Bronze, only like 800 points
>I have no right to have an opinion on this topic
>see above
>see above. he looks cool, at least.

>Main
I switch a lot between Ken and Judi
>Rank
Super Bronze
Probably Ryu
Fang. How can people even debate over that?
>Is Urien good?
He's fun but I don't know if I feel like learning him at the moment to know 4 sure. I do know his anti air is awful and I win against him every time with Juri

He is and isn't. While I think he has the hardest time overall when he actually starts working he is still incredibly scary. Meanwhile FANG is just a bit lacking, even when he does get going the damage isn't that impressive in a game where big bursts of damage are very common off simple set ups.

Capcom needs to give me ALL of the 3rd Strike characters. Yes. Even Remy and Sean.

how do I git gud at Balrog

>Main
Rashid
>Rank
Gold
Rashid
Ryu for taste, Biride for viability
>Is Urien good?
I think we'll have to give it a month. He seems weak to me.

This. I'm legitimately afraid every time I'm matched with a Zangief. He's easy to read but some players are just reall really fast with him.

I wish the PC version wasn't such a hot mess. Every time they update I have to troubleshoot to get it to work properly again.

>all the bronze people in this thread
Keep going lads one day you will get there

because she wears armies on her kneesies.

Never
Stop
Going
Forward

Urien is weak, ive beaten his ass everytime. No anti-air, no crossup, no meterless reversal and no 3-frame jab means he's complete garbage.

just wait.

>Geif
>bad
Someone hasn't watched the latest Exellent Adventurs

I did the mission of one ranked match today and spent an hour getting back up to super bronze

That Gief was super on point, they were all so broke mentally after

I hope Gootecks does decent with Urien, I've felt bad for him lately

>watching reddit adventures

oh boy i bet you think mike ross is your friend too?

>Main
Was Karin, now learning Urien
>Rank
Silver
Ken and his bullshit hit stop frames
FANG, until last night I haven't seen one in months and he was terrible
>Is Urien good
I'm guessing he's mid tier judging from Urien player reactions

>The episodes with LI Joe
>Can taste Gooey's despair

Poor guy. I want to go back to the simpler time of USFIV

This made me laught way more then it should have.
He won't switch to Urien because he is a tryhard fun police and needs his OP Ryu and Mika safespace
>muh setups
>muh work
>muh book

why is juri worst character with the most votes so far, i thought that would be bison, fang or rashid

Uriens gimmick game is promising, but i feel he is mid tier at best. He gets destroyed by ryu, chun and nash.

Cause she is unexplored right now, kinda like how Alex and Guile were. Problem is she may just not have that much going on and actually be bad

She hasn't really got anyone reping her either, people actually made the meme into a dream with Alex and ISDD helped show off Guile (with Ryan Hart also helping this weekend). But unless AiAi does some shit with her we may never know, the waifu shitters sure aren't helping

>Main
Juri
>Rank
Super Gold
Chun-Li
Ibuki
>Is Urien good?
Absolutely.

her damage output is kinda shitty and reliant on v-trigger or keeping a full stock of her fuhajin and she has a very limited range of options in neutral and her DP is really fucking bad, especially if you block it crouching.

>Nash, Laura, Juri
>Silver
>Chun
>fang
>he's better than Juri at least

The waifu shitters have dropped her in the first week. Everyone else legitimately enjoys playing her (like me).

I don't play on PC. Most of the people that play this game don't play on PC. That goes just about every fighter

Juri is my main and I do pretty well with her. I feel like that's mostly because other players don't fight her that much, so they don't know how to react.

No. Fuck off.
I absolutely loved how she played in sf4. Never mained her for the waifu aspect.
In sfv she has nothing that made her who she was.
No fireball pressure, no decent normals, ever worse rushdown, awful AA buttons. She has no ability to zone and her rushdown is still shit. And even if you get to confirm you have to be fully charged to do damage that equals ryu's braindead combos with no effort.
Fuck this and fuck you.

I don't know where this meme came from
There is 188K people that owns this game on steam and 45K have been active the last 2 weeks.
There is alwasy at least 2K people on at any given time

Also
I since i just checked i noticed that at least 10K people have refunded this game or unistalled it because it was over 200K at some point lol

Maybe capcom will learn something for a change

>Never mained her
could have stopped right there waifu shitter

Press MK more. Empty cancel into hp rush punch

I like how you never adressed anything else.
Go on, tell me how she's even the same character gameplay wise. They took everything that made her unique and turned her into shitty rushdown character she was never meant to be.
Go and fucking watch how aiai played her in 4 and tell me if something like that is even possible in v.

so about those missions, I just realized that there was a new one for doing 10 v-triggers. it expires tomorrow, everything else on the 29th, maybe there'll be one more two-day 500p challenge, then we'll get a new batch at the end of the week?

If they keep up with similar reward pricing, that's 8k a week. Which is actually a decent rate, that's 400k a year.

Actually PC only averages about 1,500 players a day right now, usually it is a bit lower when an update hasn't just dropped
steamcharts.com/app/310950

Cause you are the Juri shitposter who just makes the same complaints every thread about a character you never played in either game cause you are just a waifu shitter, no one takes your seriously. Yes Juri is a very different character now, suck it up already

Oh look, it's the butthurt waifu shitter from pretty much every SF thread these days.

>Ibuki
>Platinium
>Ryu
>Bison
>He is it's too soon to say

what is going on

is this some new meme?

I'm hoping they do 1/2 day challenges, it makes me not feel so bad when a match goes badly cause I can still get a little bit of a challenge done

Because unless you're a tourney fag that makes money out of tourney you should play the character that you like to play. Ryu is boring. Also, balance patches are on the way. So you never know. The DLC character you practice might get buffed.

>tfw I just play to do the challenges, not caring about winning
points don't matter, fight money matters.

Right. There's no way two people on the internet can share the opinion.
You can deny it all you want but deep down you know the reason why nobody puts their time into juri. Because now she just a rushdown character and there are way better rushdown characters in v.

>steamcharts

Might as well ask here.

Ryu trial #7 how the fuck do you do on dpad?

If I do crouching hp into hadoken it always registers the movement as going into CA.

>Avatarfags this hard
>Calls others waifu shitters

This is my first fighting game, ever, less you count the Dissidia games and Smash, but, I personally don't. I've been maining Chun-Li.

>M.Bison
>Super Platinum
>Nash/Ryu/Chun
>Gief/Fang
>Haven't played him yet

>Because now she just a rushdown character and there are way better rushdown characters in v.
There are better grapplers in SFV yet people play gief, it's just waifu shitters like you can't deal so cry

>accuses others of avatarfagging
>has been talking to at least three different people

Delay the hadoken and clean up your inputs.

I think one of the big reasons why Ken, Chun and Ryu are so oppressively strong right now is because they can link to higher strength buttons more easily than most of the cast, which means more damage for less effort.

A lot of Ryu's best stuff is medium medium heavy and Chun can naturally combo lights into mediums but a lot of the other characters can't even do a medium to medium without a counterhit or v-trigger cancelling or both.

>I don't know where this meme came from

The fact that most of the sales for fighters come from console players.
The fact that the online community for PC tends to die out quickly as far as fighting games go. SF5 is that high due to the fact that it's street fighter and cross play is a thing.

It's not a meme when it keeps getting proven time and time again that consoles have the bigger base as far as fighters go.

>There are better grapplers in SFV yet people play gief
Yet gief still had what made him unique. My main point is not about how bad she is (and she is bad) but how capcom changed the character into someone else.
> it's just waifu shitters like you can't deal so cry
Ok, go on, posty your juri replay.

I actually just figured it out.

I need to hold diagonal forward down. Before I was just holdjng straight down.

Well yeah, doesn't disprove my point though.

Hes a character that you need to put in 120% to be good at, - good, not great, good

No other character has to put that much effort into it.

They all have extremely strong anti-airs in a game where most characters can't reliably do it, and they are just really solid in all other respects. I think those are the biggest reasons.

SFIV was pretty active too.
Guilty gear actually sold pretty well too i don't have the numbers but im pretty sure it was over 40K
The reason it died was because nobody wanted to play the old version when Revaletor came out on PS4.

It's not like you know how many people are activly playing on PS4.
KoF only sold 20K in Japan

>KoF only sold 20K in Japan
ouch

Don't worry, I'm sure it sold ten times that in mexico, its core audience funny enough.

Nash
Silver
Chun or Ryu
'Gief
Dunno, but I wanna play him

Why does Nash get so much shit for being busted when there are characters clearly better than him? I worry the bitching is going to lead to some unnecessary nerfs.

Even if he gets nerfed I'm still playing him. Been waiting for Charlie since Mahvel 2.

>mexicans
>owning PS4s

because he's so fucking boring, he has so much safe pressure, and his dash is incredibly frustrating. Not mention having to watch his fucking stupid CA like 3 times a match.

All sold considerably less than on console.

nope

I thought koreans and chinks loved kof. are they waiting on the pc port?

Some possibly, but it won't exactly start doing amazing.

13 sold 600k on consoles, and 300k on PC which came quite a bit later almost like a re-release and was meant to have fixed netcode. That number also includes boosts from humble bundles. So seeing as it is very likely some of that 600k rebought on PC I can't see it exactly saving 14

When are we returning to vanilla SF4 though?

youtube.com/watch?v=9zAuUYEVlKU

The netcode was still ass in 13

>vanilla SF4
Fuck off Sagatfag

>Main
I guess Balrog/Guile for the longest playtime, still searching though
>Rank
I was ultra silver before i picked gief, now i'm silver
Karin, Nash, Ryu, Chun-Li
FANG
>Is Urien good?
I think so

is Ibuki the worst character in the game

No, she is weak however

sauce pretty please, I know it's that c16 guy, but which doujin specifically?

She is worse the gief that's for sure

shut up

what the shit

It is vgchartz so take it with a grain of salt, however it is likely not that far off

Maybe it's lack of matchup knowledge but I get blown up by Ibukis and I shit on Gief.

>Rmika
>Gold, 20,000
>Ryu
>Zangief
>Urien is solid af, great normals, good confirms, damage is alright
although if you have trouble with Urien's ar just hit him because he usually goes for meaties into it
also his ex headbutt is basically a dp but it is more predictable since he is a charge char

This fucking artist man.

>ryu
>diamond
>ryu
>not ryu
>no

Necalli, learning FANG
Ultra Platinum
Chun
Fang or Ibuki
yes and fun as fuck

Urien's v-skill is useless. Not because of the effect itself, but because the startup time takes one trillion years.

it's faster than Alex's and doesn't go away until you actually use a charge special.

any eu players here that want to play some games?

>>Main
Ryu
>>Rank
fluctuating between ultra bronze and silver
probably chun. the range on her normals is just absurd.
FANG. some people say gief, but i think FANG is way worse than gief.
>>Is Urien good?
too new to say, but seems decent. has some very strong normals, a decent fireball, good v-trigger. doesnt do super high damage without meter or v-trigger, but has lots of neat tools. definitely top half of the roster, but probably not as good as the current top tier (chun ryu ken necalli nash)

on one hand it's vgcartz. On the other hand it might not be that far off from the real numbers, as sad as it is.

exhentai.org/g/835406/279a809c26/
Its hirame/Turtle fish pain

A fucking gief absorbed 4 attacks of FANG with 1 v-skill, Im fucking mad

was he in v-trigger?

>Juri
>Platinum

fite me fagets

I've been maining the uninstall wizard since June, he's secret top tier.

nah but I learn that gief can absorb 4 attacks in one skill (2 standing, 2 walking) I never see that before

>fang
>diamond
>ryu or mika
>gief
>mid tier

>no meterless reversal means he's garbage

Isn't that basically the whole cast save for 4 characters?

then host a room you meme loving fuck

>Karin
>Plat
>Chun
>Gief
>Too soon to tell but at least he will be mid tier.

>Karin, now
>Ultra Silver
>Birdie, in v.trigger
>Ibuki with no meter
>Urien seems strong, but i haven't played with him, just some labbing with friends online

Do people actually play this game?

Since no one will do it.

CFN Owlknight
Comment Casual fun
PW 1111

Come get some nerds.

EU or US?

US

I'm here. :)

I'll join

feel free to give tips

>Ken, but I've been playing Urien a lot
>Silver, but it doesn't matter because ranked STILL doesn't work right
>Chunli
>Zangief
>He is fun, but I'm not sure I would call him very good

Name?

first to 1 please

What's the point of best of x setting if you can't change your character between matches?

Anybody have a link to that book? I'm not giving money to a mika player.

Those of you that know my playstyle,
>play Alex and sub Cammy
>try out Urien on launch
>holy shit this guy is great
>pick Alex back up today
>it'a all fallen apart
>have 30 minutes to brush back up
Do I play Alex, Urien, or Cammy?

people want to play more than just one match that lasts 3 minutes at most

I think the only reason there are not as many Necalli and Karin pro players as there should be is because both those characters are extremely boring to play as.

I can't think of anything else, because both are borderline broken.

9 rounds per player is a little much

Whoever that second ken was, you are forcing me to play my main chicken next time. GGs

I know that feel, Alexbro. I would go Urien, that's what I'm doing. I like him, he's fun.

that was a tough fight

Yo, this Ultra Bronze Ken though.

Some people like ft1, but those mean nothing. Anyone can get scrubbed out in one match.

Some people get a low rank and then never play again to hide their power level. I played a ft10 earlier with a silver sim that I swear was platinum level or higher.

Losion, don't try to do H.Shoryu's on wakeup. Use the M.Shoryu, that one is invincible on wakeup, it's also great to use to get grapplers/pressurizers off your back.

>Main
Necalli
>Rank
Bronze
No idea, I can't beat FANG no matter what, always fucks me up
Zangief, I don't even really see him played
>Is Urien good?
he looks fancy, reflector is cool for some bouncy combos

oh okay thanks

no I'm stuck there

Thanks for the advice, friend. I would be in the lobby now, but it's almost time for me to play for the Red Bull Proving Grounds. I'll post results as i go on, but I expect some pretty heavy 0-2. Wish me luck

GG's fellow Alex player. I despise that costume though.

I really prefer FT1 when there's more than a few people in the lobby, you end up waiting fifteen minutes to fight, but FT2 isn't unbearable

You're pretty damn good!

Any tips for a shitter to get better?

Gg's OwlKnight, I'm using Alex on you next time.

I don't want to play karate man in a gi.

>Main
Karin
>Rank
Diamond
Chun
Juri/Gief
>Is Urien good?
Yes, mid-high tier.

Are you in the west coast? I felt like our connection was a bit laggy.

Also, I'm really not that good but thank you. :3c

East Coast but you're better than me haha

Huh, I'm in Minnesota but it lagged for me, I thought I was fighting Nash with all the teleporting. However, you're still pretty good.

it didn't seem terrible on my end but I did feel thoroughly out-Alex'd

RIP CONNECTION

You can take the win. Im not sure which one of us cant connect to the other one. Something is fucked here.

Huh, well I thought you were still pretty skilled, in such a manner that I would like to face your Alex with my Urien.

Losion. How the hell are you ultra bronze? Im not saying youre the best I have seen, but I have seen gold ken shitters who play far worse than you do. Why cant you gain rank?

Chiming in from the side here - there's basically no difference between Bronze and Gold, both aren't playing the game yet.

One has mastered the art of abusing something bad players can't deal with yet, the other one hasn't.

good fights fang, never get to play that matchup

I dunno, I try to play a lot of 1v1s with people better than me and haven't really put time into ranked in a while since I got trashed around 1000 and had to play for hours to get back above it. I got ultra bronze and stopped playing until I get more experience, I'd be happy with silver though

>gief
>silver, but got to super
>nash
>2min
>literally perfect

no wifi, or a stick, which will give me more neet points to rank up?

When should I be using headbutt and chariot tackle? They both seem to be forward charge attacks, other than EX headbutt being usable as an anti air. I use light headbutt to dodge sometimes but on the whole they don't seem too great

Wired connection is far more important

Oh and I'm severely lacking in the AA department

Combo enders mostly. Hard versions knock down, medium and light for a ghetto reset to throw and bait shenanigans.

Headbutts are -2 on block and the chariot tackles can be safe if spaced correctly, if you can get a quick v-skill in then you can use it to discourage anyone from throwing fireballs.

sorry for the horrendous lag man

>It's an Urien episode
>He EX Headbutt on wake up
>It's invicible to literally everything

Gonna bait that shit next time.

>Main
Urien
>Rank
Super Bronze, i got it today.
It is either Chun, Nash or Ryu. I'll go with chun because she has fast and long range normals and can punish almost anything instantly.
Gief or 2 minutes man
>Is Urien good?
His is mid tier apparently, haven't played him much but i just kinda click with him, feels good after almost 8 months of character i don't like. Him having slow normals is kinda shit though.

Btw what does his v-skill do, does it give him armor or something?

In another question how do i fight balrog? Just fought a super silver one and i had no idea on what do do against him. Does he even have unsafe moves? Him being able to combo after a overhead is kinda cheap.

cr.hp > hp energy ball > EX chariot tackle is pretty aite

i believe it is his only reversal in the game aside from his vskill.

so when do we get news on the next fighter season?

i want more already

Anyone did the sakura mission yet. I can't find her anywhere.

I just want her, my man

Urien V-Skill is a form that gives armor during his charge specials
>fight Urien as M. Bison in bronze
>he wants to stand on the opposite side of the screen at all times
>if I approach without getting hit by H. projectile or Chariot Tackle he mashes grab so he can go back to his safe space

>first match was a buy
>second was against an Ultra Platinum R. Mika
>first game I went Urien, but still lost
>tried Cammy second game
>got bodied H A R D

Welp, Urien it is

Do Karin's last story mission. Literally watch cutscene, get points.

Urien
Gold
Ryu/Nash
Gief/FANG
No. His AA game is so trash that just about any character with a busted hurtbox on a jump-in can fuck him up easy. If it weren't for that he'd be pretty good.

Do the Story mode for Karin.

Damn got reversal supered to death. Thats it for me boyz. Im out till next time.

thanks fan, i though it was a stage easter egg or something.

Does anyone know when missions reset or you get new ones or however it works?

i believe it tells you right next to the mission when they expire.

Yeah, I'm just not sure you get a new one once they expire

you do, I've already done two dailies, one for 10 v triggers and one for 10 v skills

it is weekly for what i know, so i'm not sure, maybe they just update it during the week even though each mission has a different time.

Likely Capcom Cup

when is capcup over

When urien came out in story mode people had hacked in his colors. Back then his color 10 had his skin color be closer to 3s but they changed it on release.

After the finals in Dec.

Damn.
Hopefully the classic Alex costume gets released before then

WAIT I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING
You know how there's photos of Alex with and without the bomber jacket in the classic costume? What if it's like Urien where you can hold the secret color buttons and that's how you choose between the two

I swear if they just put Dudley in season 2 I'm going to apply myself and get good at the game. I'm going to be following those srk threads, getting all the proper punishes for each character.

There's supposed to be something with Nash in that regard as well.

>glasses off

it would have been found in the files

The classic costumes files haven't been released yet

Nah, it's supposed to be "Evil Nash" or some shit. I guess it's like his shadow pallet from MvC. I dunno.

>Main
Was Bison, now Urien. Taking people to DA CLUB with Aegis is too fun.
>Rank
Hovering around Bronze/Super Bronze. I'm trying to look into locals so I can get experience outside of online, but there's not much near me.
Either Chun or Ryu. Chun has so many ridiculous tools (like instant air legs, which are also completely safe), but Ryu just has so much easy damage.
Juri. All of her tools are just so weak.
>Is Urien good?
I think he's high mid tier, like a lot of people say. Not having a 3 frame jab (as well as it being a very poor AA), low damage outside of V-Trigger (and even the first Aegis is scaled to shit) and so on means he can't crack the top, despite his pretty good buttons.

His buttons aint that great, chun li can even punish that shit on reaction

Chun can punish anyone's on reaction. Doesn't make them not godlike buttons.

I got knocked out by AdnanNYC, but at least I took a round.

Comparing anyone's buttons to chun li is unfair.

>this character's buttons are bad because the character with arguably the best buttons in the game beats them

Here's an uncommon Mike for the thread.

Only need to train more and learn how to antiair my man, you gonna make it

Thanks senpai

>Vega
>Super Plat
>Chun or Ryu
>Gief
>Hes decent

My CFN is CircleOne btw

Is there a lobby?

I really like 9 and 11 the most.

9/11 joke not intended

Who /uninstalled this piece of shit/ here?

Kazuma Kiriyu for Urien fucking when?

>youtu.be/KcvSghDt5Dg
You mean this? The file is called Genbu, so it's probably the RAGE Genbu Cup winner's design.

Heres a question to all my rank bros, and be honest. Theres no point in lying:

>What is the highest ranking you've ever peaked on the ladder

I touched Gold once, capped out at 4187, and then i hit a brick wall and fell almost 300 LP. I've been stuck on Super Silver ever since

Alot of people are giving Juri the worst character, why?

>The waifu shitters dropped her
No i haven't and im doing better with her than i did with my old main

486 like 1-2 months ago I was plat/super plat, now Im ulltra plat but my rank is now 1050 or something

Lobby is up

CFN: BaronGeneric

Pass: 1111

Comment: Anyone will do.

Have a huge favor to ask, is anyone willing to help me train in SFV on PS4? SFV is my very first fighting game, ever, and, I've only won one match, in casual no less.

Who ya using?

Ryu

Join my lobby nobody else is around.

4400 ish. Now I'm stuck at Ultra Silver and early Gold hell.

I sometimes still get blown up by guys who constantly jump and do throw loops.

yo baron that karin from last time..gimme a bit to get home and im down

Im a noob and im on my all time high on 2000

Aight i'm not going anywhere.

How much have you learned so far?

Can you dp consistently?
Can you do more than target combo?
Can you block?

Got em.

>get to 1400+ LP
>immediately get matched against a bunch of fucking characters I'm shit against like Chun-Li and R Mika
>lose over and over again until ranked down to regular Bronze
>repeat for infinity since the game fucking launched

I'm sick of this shit

>Zangief
>Silver
>Chun-li/Nash
>Zangief ;_;
>Urien is the best dlc yet.

How do i deal with M. Bison i don't face him enough to learn it by myself.

>just broke third controller playing this piece of shit
I'm going back to 4, fuck this

Use training mode and recording

Jab.

>breaking your possessions in frustration
Why?

I'm okay at blocking, I can perform a Hadouken, if that means anything.

Never really used recording, im gonna give it a try when i get home

People still sleeping on Urien bruh.
>C.lp links into C.mp really easy
>lp lk target combo into mp fireball is really good pressure
>Armored Chariot is a really strong anti-air
>Charge partitioning works in this game. Pull out some standing HP into headbutt like in 3S.
>Violence Knee LK is +2 on block if it connects low.
>Violence Knee EX is + on block, no matter where it's blocked. It's +6 if blocked low!
>Charged HP is +3 on block, making it one of the best Oki tools in the entire game
>LK chariot tackle is 0 on block. You can guarantee they're going to block, jab, or reversal. If they have a 4 frame jab, however, you have no reason not to jab every time you land this, because worst case scenario you trade, otherwise you get a throw setup, or hit confirm into another tackle
>Urien's zoning tools are much better than people give him credit for. He's up there with Nash in this department, and can solidly keep out some characters.
>Standing HK is an anti-air

>Main
Karin
>Rank
Rookie (a lot of casual play)
Ryu, he seems to have an answer to everything
Rashido I'm sorry, you may be hella fun but your punished so easily
>Is Urien good?
I'm no expert but from what I played and others are saying. He has to work for damage which isn't good but he is tons of fun to play

I've picked him up to start learning how Charge style play works. I've never understood how to play Charge or what the mentality is like while in a match. Hopefully I can soak it all in because out of all the Charge Characters in SFV I like Urien the most and I want to play him well.

>Main
Urien
>Rank
Super Bronze
>Best
Ryu, he is fucking invincible and has nothing but positives. An answer for all situations, a ridiculous amount of damage, easy to play as, he's got it all.
>Worst
Ibuki. Has to put in an insane amount of work to do a shitty amount of damage, god she is garbage in this. they should just redo her from the ground up and give her the SF4 moveset.
>is Urien good
He's mediocre but fun as all fuck

If you can hadoken you can tatsu. You can super after light tatsu or after light hadoken. If your still in early matchmaking cross up with medium kick (jump over opponent and use medium kick whilst in the air on other side) then use target combo m.p, m.p, h.p, h.k for an easy 270 dmg.

m.p, h.p, h.k can be v trigger canceled into light tatsu for super.

Important for all characters is a crush counter combo, i'm not sure of Ryu's and you don't need to fish for it, against any shoto or cammy try bait a wakeup dp, as it will always crush counter after a whiffed dp which is useful to know.

Or if you want something easier, after a whiffed dp instead of a cc time foward h.p, cr.hp v trigger, cr.hp, h.dp super, for 510 dmg. If you have the resources.

Dash then hadoken is always a dp if that helps.

>>Charge partitioning works in this game. Pull out some standing HP into headbutt like in 3S.

For the thousandth fucking time

THAT
IS
NOT
CHARGE
PARTITIONING

t. someone who has played charge characters in 3s for more than 2 seconds

If you space them right you can do m.headbutt into s.lp into m.headbutt into s.lp etc
As long as you get the timin right

Come on you have 1 year to see the overhead coming. If you get hit by it you deserve the combo

whats the battle lounge i dont see yours

The amount of wrong in this post is astounding and I don't even think Urien is bad.

Anybody Aus/NZ want to play some games?

>all these Platinum players
Damn. I'm here barely holding on to Gold.

>Headbutt loops
neat
twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/780645483211522048

gg man i dont know what the fuck i could do, but it was fun. i need to rethink everything

is there a list showing off easy to use to hard to use characters? i feel like my hands cant keep up with some of these combos, i'm silver bison and i still cant v-trig combos or use the buff he gains off it . sooner or later i'll hit a wall i know it

Just practice. No character in this game has hard execution, you just need to keep at it.

any EU players up for a lobby?
cant play with NA fags or AUS autists because the lag is unbearable

gg

Germanfag here. I'll play you. How do I find you?

britbong here,i'll join if you make a lobby

most easy to use are the shotos. ryu and ken.
guile and nash are also pretty straightforward.

next are probably necalli, alex, laura, mika, birdie and vega. command grab gameplay is different than shoto gameplay, but not too hard to play either.

chun has some intricacies like instant air legs, and tight combos with charge buffering.
gief has 360 motion for SPD and 720 for super. thats probably the hardest input in the game.
bison plays very different from the rest of the cast.

juri and ibuki have unique resource systems that you have to get used to. ibuki in particular seems extremely complicated and hard to play.

FANG is just super weird. i still have no idea how he's supposed to be played.

Make a lobby. I'll join. FT1 char select on.

lobby is up

CFN: Krastinov
lobby password: 1234
comment says "anyone will do"

FANG is great if you can establish a lockdown, but if you don't keep up the projectiles or instill fear in your opponent with consistent AAs or pokes, they'll rush your shit and eat you alive. A good tip is to always have some sort of projectile tossed when you get the opponent knocked down, use V skill to buffer your charges, and if your opponent is in the middle of blocking some of your projectiles, you can either nail them with free pokes for chip or throw out your V Skill and try to tag them with poison. His Super has good range and is a decent AA too, but don't miss with it or half the cast can REALLY push your shit in, it's not one of those supers where "maybe I can get away with it if I whiff it", you'll get fucked.

Ah hey, it's the Ryu from yesterday.

118760. I stopped playing ranked for the most part though, tired of losing all my points every time a new character comes out.

>FANG is great if you can establish a lockdown,
Not really, characters like Laura are and starts doing crazy damage but FANG constantly has to work hard to get okay damage

ggs
how do i approach guile as ryu? jumping gets me flash kicked and trying to tatsu through booms is super unsafe too
how do i deal with the boom

That Australian feel when nobody to play with.

Just advance internet to the point we get flawless connection with japs already, or fucking anybody who actually plays fighting games.

BlackSheep did it, but I wouldn't take notes from him. Went a little too crazy.

Try to work on your reads and jump / tatsu whenever you think Guile is about to boom. Otherwise, take baby steps until you're in range. Move forward, block, repeat.

>wake up DP
>wake up CA
>wake up jab
Come on, dude.

Urien's aa game feels a bit weak. What he has seems like it is for very specific angles, so when you get those guys that just won't stop jumping from anywhere on the screen you end up just having to block a lot

>these people are in gold and I can't get out of bronze

>still no Ansible technology

Online tactics will never go away

nice seeing a rog
not many of those around

>Main

Vega.

>Rank

Plat.

Chun/Ryu.

Probably Gief but Juri and Bison aren't great either.

>Is Urien good?

I think he might be quite favoured in some match-ups and underwhelming in others. Too early to really tell.

Walk forward, try and stay at a range where a jump-in is a constant threat and see how the opposing Guile reacts. If they go on the offensive than that is really good for you, if they they don't then you're in a far better position to deal with his shit. Keep note of when Guile has charge and when he doesn't, this also helps with jumping in on him as his AA normals aren't particularly great (although they can get the job done).

Ranked is essentially a huge meme. Barely worth playing outside of it being easy to find games. Better to focus on long sets with good players when you're new. You learn much better and faster. I don't think ranked is really worth anything at any level other than the novelty. Focusing on getting better at the game is always a far better goal than trying to amount big dick points by any means possible.

>Cammy
>Bronze
>Nash or Ryu
>Zangief or Ibuki
>I have no idea

>Ranked is essentially a huge meme. Barely worth playing outside of it being easy to find games. Better to focus on long sets with good players when you're new. You learn much better and faster. I don't think ranked is really worth anything at any level other than the novelty. Focusing on getting better at the game is always a far better goal than trying to amount big dick points by any means possible.

how do i find people to play
none of my friends play sfv (or any fighting game)

do i just have to join Cred Forums lobbies and get bodied over and over by platinum players?

>Laura
>Bronze shitter, also I barely play now until I can get the PC version
>Ken, Combo said so
>Zangief
>He is fun

I am genuinely confused about how someone can get to Gold with that level of play. Even silver players know how to meaty and CC combo so why the fuck would you spam regular FK on wake-up?

>Main
Urien/Vega/Alex
>Rank
Somewhere in gold, haven't played ranked in months
Chun, literally no match-ups that are even slightly unfavorable for her.
Gief, FANG.
>Is Urien good?
Yes, struggles with AAs somewhat but this hasn't stopped characters like Karin from being top tier. I think he has a big advantage over any character that doesn't have a true reversal.

Got booted from the server.

I fucking hate this game sometimes.

doom here, what happened?

Rank dropping so he can get dem sweet 10 win streaks?

>main
Nash
>rank
Bronze
>best
Ryu/Nash/Chun
>worst
Laura
>urien
I think he's going to be average/mediocre

>how do i deal with the boom

Walk at him and neutral jump over booms.

I wish I knew man. 4 was more dead when I started playing it and yet I found a lot of cool people to play with all the time. I struggle to find games in V because all the people I used to play with don't play much or at all anymore, so I just fuck around in casual with the occasional battle lounge.

It doesn't fucking help that it's a massive chore to add anybody on steam through the game and you basically can't communicate at all. Don't know what they were thinking.

People think they're being smart by being extremely dumb, I run into it a lot. that's why I named the webm what I did. People think their opponent is going to give them at least some credit to not do something completely stupid without ever showing that they are smart players who wouldn't do that to begin with.

lobby is still up and running
looks like CFN just booted two players for no reason

>People think their opponent is going to give them at least some credit to not do something completely stupid

Yeah, but there's no situation in which his strategy works out. Either you meaty him, stuff his FK and get a counter-hit or you block and wait for the CC. You have no reason to do anything else.

I'll rejoin. If I get booted again, thanks for the matches.

>worst
>Laura

There is no way that Laura is the worst character in the game. She isn't even close.

Oh wow. You know, I didn't even realize he wasn't doing any EX until you pointed it out. That is something else.

Help
I'm a deprezsed piece of shit, and the only thing that hoves me any joy these days is playing video games. Street Fighter especially. What do I have to do to become a successful streamer so I cam enjoy my life?

What the fuck is WRONG today?

CFN is fucking garbage.

Are you good(top 100 ranked)?

Are you a girl?

If no to both of these, apply for a real job and start excersizing.

Acquire a decent amount of skill. On top of that, tits or a personality.

>What do I have to do to become a successful streamer

for starters, stream a game that people actually want to watch. even the top SFV streamers barely get a few hundred viewers, most are stuck in double digit territory.

I think half the issue is people think they are being smart by expecting the guy obviously playing stupid not to keep being stupid. People only get away with dumb tactics when you let them, yet you see a lot still complain about them. Not even like you had to commit on a punish, you can just sit a little out of grab range and block. If they lp or grab you are safe and if they do something stupid they can easily be punished on reaction

Be at tournament level and get decent tournament results. That will get you 100 or so views by default which is a good start.

what are some cheap tactics to cheese survival? i know about Ken's medium shoryuken spam but that' it

jump in all the time, buy always more dmg/defence, overhead is good if the opponent is at low health

Bafael made a good Urien starter video
youtube.com/watch?v=qYbKg7XU2H4

>get a real job
I honestly might possibly break down and start crying if this is my future.
What's the best way to get better so i can attract an audience? I am currently silver.
Streaming would be just one facet of it. I would play at tournaments also.
How much revenue would about 100 viewers rqual to?

Uriens knee drop works in the same way as kens dp.
Just kerp spamming it because the cpu literally never blocks it.

>Streaming would be just one facet of it. I would play at tournaments also.

unless you win fucking evo or place really high in capcom pro tour, you wont make any money from that

As i advance in skill i would start working on learning other fighting games too.

Apparently there is some way for Neecalli to take his top off

>Main

Just got Balrog, gonna practice for a few days and see how it goes

>Rank

I got to Super Silver playing Ryu then got drunk and lost a shitload of LP trying to play Bison (I suck at charge characters)

>Best character

Nash or Ryu

>Worst character

F.A.N.G. or Ibuki

>Urien

He seems ok, I didn't know who he was until recently but he looks gangster as fuck

>Gief is bad, they said!

This Gief is tearing shit up.

cmon guys, my gief is total ass

>Main
Alex
>Rank
Super Silver
Chun, no question
People say Zangief a lot but I personally think FANG is the worst
>Is Urien good?
I don't know but he's fun

Get a job. Even a part time job would pay better than playing SFV hours on end. If you can write and read, that's more than enough for many jobs. Don't be retarded.

>Bison (I suck at charge characters)

Eh, not sure if I would consider SFV's Bison a charge character, he's more like a hybrid now, either way charge are not that difficult once you get the timing down, they're definitely easier than motion once you learn them.

>how much revenue would about 100 viewers equal to

Literally nothing.

ggs, gotta go

-doom

does it matter which version i do?

But what about all these pros who fund their lives supposedly by playing SFV?
Oh well, I'll have to start somewhere

>Main
FANG
>Rank
Super Gold (5,5k ish)
Ryu
Gief/FANG
>Is Urien good?
Yes

Someone add me so I can play some sets later today ;_; EU, steamid:Icevenom, Fight I'd: IcyVenom

No, just use whichever version you need to cover the proper distance.

what can rog do against juris v-skill? it looks way too quick to stuff on reaction before it hits, and blocking both the initial hit and the crossup hit seems super hard

Your gief is preety solid, man, ggs

-Jonny

Keyword pro. They're better than you can ever hope to be. Give it up.

>five disconnects in roughly an hour
I've changed my mind. Fuck this game, I hope it crashes and burns.

ggs

what do i have to do to be less of a shitter? i know i do way too many random jumps and dont anti-air enough. what else can i improve?

birdie
super plat
chun li
zangief
yes probably the best dlc character

Maximize your damage potential. There were many situations where you landed a st. MP, but followed up with cr. MP which doesn't combo. Learn your combos.

>F.A.N.G
>Ultra Gold
>Ryu, god damn I hate all ryu players, if you play ryu, and you're below platinum you suck
>Ibuki atm, she has her little shenanigans shit, but getting there takes almost all your health
>I think Urien is good, I'd say he has a better fireball game then F.A.N.G just like Ryu.

>Main
chun i like it cheap and deep

>Rank
S. Silver

Probably Nash.

Ibuki seems awfully weak.

>Is Urien good?
Urien has insane potential. He probably is the best of the DLC characters.

Or was it two cr. MPs? Either way, combos.

Why are they always going to be better than me? Are they some genetic Ubermensch who were slways destined to play street fighter? If so, how could you possibly know if i have the same qualities or not?

you're right, i often try to poke with cr.mp, but most of the time i dont convert into anything when it hits, instead i just mash out another cr.mp that usually gets blocked

i know that i should cancel cr.mp into tatsu (or into hadoken if it hits a crouching opponent) but i feel there's not enough time to confirm the hit and then input the followup in time, and i dont want to tatsu into a blocking or crouching opponent. should i just default to always cancelling my pokes into hadoken for some fairly safe damage, no matter if the poke hits or gets blocked?

because these guys literally live to play fighting games, and have done nothing else for the past 15 to 20 years

Not sure. A blocked hadoken us super unsafe up close. At max range however it may be enough to push your opponent out of punish range. Maybe use a different poke entirely?

>Maybe use a different poke entirely?

what would you recommend? which of ryus buttons should i use for poking?

as of now, i mostly use cr.mp, st.mk and backwards st.hk

they do that since it would cause people to say capcom made them "pay2win"

s.MP, s.MP x fireball or s.MP, c.MP x fireball pushes you far enough away to be unpunishable. s.MP can be challenged with a 3 frame if your opponent is on point, however.

st. MP or cr. MK. At max range, you can easily follow up the latter with a hadoken without getting punished on block. Also, you can easily hit confirm with st. MP and follow up with another st. MP, cr. MP or start throw shenanigans.

Also, I liked how you used backwards st. HK as an anti-air. Keep it up.

thanks for the help man
i'll try and work on getting better at using pokes, and cancelling them into hadoken

Still waiting for that replay.
Nah, i think now it's safe to say that juri is garbage in sfv.

What are you even talking about, faggot?

all characters are going to change. The only ones not allowed to change are ken and ryu too much.

Ryu, Ken and Chun.

i'm not talking to you, faggot.

Now you are, nigger. So what is it?

Just read the thread from to

So you are a waifufag? Post CFN and/or your 4 replays

Replays of what? Are you retarded?

No. I'm the guy who insists that juri in sfv is nothing like juri in sfiv. They changed her too much. Imagine if Ryu got a fucking lariat in sfv. People would throw a fit.
I really think capcom turned juri into literal shit. No zoning, no good normals, only shitty rushdown.

Then post CFN and show us you playing her in V and 4.

I'm at work right now. I will post my cfn if you're willing to wait for 5ish hours.
I'm not sure if that will prove anything though. I have no replays from sfiv and i only played juri for like two weeks in sfv

meant for

There is nothing stopping you posting your cfn right now

>. I have no replays from sfiv
Then I have no reason to believe anything you said. Doubly so from
> i only played juri for like two weeks in sfv
As all DLC characters took a long time to get going

I don't understand why you even have to believe me in the first place. I'm not relevant in this.
Just look at her moves, nigger, compare them and then tell me which moves are still in place and which got changed for something completely different.