So, this is how Monster Hunter dies

So, this is how Monster Hunter dies...

Other urls found in this thread:

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=20537563462224151097
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With a kids focused spin off that's clearly NOT meant to replace the main games seeing as Generations came out before it?

Oh no! An inconsequential spinoff that has no impact on the main series! ______ is dead!

>tfw no mhstories on vita

no, this is how it died

It died when the handheld scum kept fucking paying for it

Atleast i had a good time on the Wii U version

RIP

But it's so CUTE!

I honestly really hope they localize it.

People said the same thing when there were complaints about the hunting arts/styles then turn round and say how they can't wait to see improved versions of them in MH5 someday. There's already people going "I hope we get to ride monsters in the main series!" or "I'd love to see this cartoony style in the main game!" I started playing MH back when you had up to 5 cats to run the kitchen, and since then it's ballooned into up to 50 cats with their own stat blocks & gear who come with you on missions AND you can play as them.

name ONE series that got killed by a spin-off game.

It looks great though. Play the demo. It's pretty fun.

SMT

>it died when people bought the new release

These thread starters are the fucking worst

>Apocalypse just came out

I been wanting Monsters as kind of pets for years. Maybe not in battle but would love to see them run/fly around the village and you can pet it and ride around on it.

You really make these threads worthwhile VitaBro.

Madou Monogatari

That's gonna be GOTY.

This ain't Nintendo, so the chances of a spin-off killing the entire franchise are low.

Rayman for a long time

Shota bait

Post Brachy Balboa webm

But it never truly killed the series. Just made it shit for a while.

>Was hesitant to post it
Thanks

Gen is what killed MH.

Hold up, is that some real armor for him?

Also MH already had decent shotas. The village kids in 3UU were so cute.

Shame there's no art of them.

Right one is real, left most certainly is not.

Some twitter artist made it. As you can see from the webms he's fully clothes. Still he's really fucking cute!

Just like that time where the other spin off that changed up the core gameplay killed the series before.

I agree. I love strong boys. It's a shame females get so many customization options with their armor but you can't have a boy character in a speedo running around slaying shit.

I'm getting EXTROOPERS flashbacks from this game. I think it's the overly colorful art style and animations.

4u killed it.
Gen shit on the corpse.
This is just the maggots and vultures picking the remains.

>you can't have a boy character in a speedo running around slaying shit.
Fuck you they can't! Hate how Japan love putting girls in bikinis but boys has to at least have shorts.

With the ability to ride your very own Deviljho

Oh man I want this

Why is it that the only good Zelda DLC we've ever gotten is Epona in a spin off?

Those are spats, not speedos.

But it is an improvement.

Is that real?

I hope it is.

Read what I wrote.
>Ride (boy)
Don't know why I find that funny

Illiterate.

It is. they are pushing the game pretty hard, at least in japan.

But arts are cool, useful and put a spin on the game. They do need some balance, though

That prediction was also great

yeah sorry user. I misread sometimes.

post Lagiacrus, Rathalos, and Arzuros if you got em plz

Those were from the demo, pretty sure those three aren't in it.

Yeah I wish Japan puts more boys in speedos too. Best we get is either short shorts or towels in hot springs.
Also cute pictures

Good

Localization, never. I wanted to read some lore

But you have Poogie and a Moofa

I was interested in the game cuz I find the artstyle really appealing.
But the gameplay is another pokemon/tunre-based shit.

Too bad.

MH has a running theme of wearing the skin of dead things

There's STILL complaints about arts/styles you fucking idiot. That said, yeah, there's a lot of people who'd like to see styles get an overhaul into something different instead this gimmicky, flashy shit, and there are some arts that wouldn't feel too out of place as part of the main moveset for occasional weapons, but not all of them, nowhere near all of them.

People have been wanting to ride monsters in Monster Hunter since before I started the series with Tri.

I've not seen anyone say the cartoony style should be present in the main series. Like, at all.

>I started playing MH back when you had up to 5 cats to run the kitchen, and since then it's ballooned into up to 50 cats with their own stat blocks & gear who come with you on missions AND you can play as them.
What kind of point are you trying to make here? "They expanded this mechanic of the game how dare they?"

>Cool
Monster Hunter was cool even BEFORE they added a flame-encrusted shield uppercut, and a fucking supernova shot, and literal energy swords.

There are ways to make cool, useful things that put a spin on the game that don't involve betraying one of the most appealing factors of the series.

And love being a cat and riding Moofa. But would also love to ride on a Zinogre around the village too.

>when you go riding around on your baby monster, while wearing the skin of its parents

Oh, I thought it was out already

>Astalos can send you flying halfway across the zone
That's kinda neat.

2 weeks

Please. Most of these animals are territorial in nature, meaning its parents were killed by rivals and you just showed up to finish off the rival.

Those webms looks fun as hell. I would buy it if we would get a release.

I found one a while back. It was a moga kid and he found a tiny, baby lagiacrus hinding behind some rocks. I think there was a cat or shaka with him.

Anyone know the image I'm talking about?

To be fair, it's happened before.

MonHun however is too successful to die or even stray its (mainline) series away, whether handheld or console, so OP's a fag in this case.

you are my favorite Cred Forums poster

I wonder if I'll be able to import these cheap enough if they never come over

Squiggle: a short, irregular curve or twist, as in writing or drawing

Doodle: a design, figure, or the like, made by idle scribbling

At least there's always TGS r-right?

TGS is already over

There's not gonna be another Monster Hunter until like September of next year for the initial Japanese release. MH5's probably gonna be an extra special entry, like, "Gen marked the end of the first decade of Monster Hunter and first four gens, and MH will mark the beginning of the second decade of Monster Hunter and next four gens."

Banjo-Kazooie
Devil May Cry
Bomberman
Blue Dragon
Crash Bandicoot
Sonic (in many different ways)
Metroid (likely)

Admittedly, short shorts are the cutest.

Thanks. I'm glad you like him. It does my heart good.

Will I be able to ride a bug?

Agree. Guess a good thing is Japan is taking in more and more fujoshi money. So we are seeing more and more boys in cute stuff.
You drew them? Got a place you post them?

He was drawn by a close friend of mine. But I do have a few pieces of him.

This is one of my favorites.

Nerscylla is confirmed, no idea on others.

May I ask who and a link to more of his stuff?
I do hope it gets localized. Not just because of the cute shota but the game does seem nice.

>great game on the way
>wah it's dead
Who the fuck is forcing this?

It's the opposite of the piece of shit that is X, too. A horrible sequel hyped by those who don't know better.

>that Rocky montage for Brach

heh

how do you know the game will be great?

>dozens of hours of gameplay revealed by now
>how do u know how the game will b

Fact still remains OP is a retarded shitposter.

What could be the next Guildmarm approve nickname?

When are Tonfas gonna be in a mainline MonHun game? Can't speak moon, I just want to be a flying machine of death.

As flashy as these cutscenes are, the gameplay is literally rock paper scissors.

Notice how they never actuallyshowed gameplay in the trailers.

Aerial styles and IG do air attacks easier and safer already.

Unless you are running with every attack up in the book, it's just better to stay on the ground and use jumping as an evasion/specific target attack than actually trying to stay in the air.
Even with the air kick it's still tricky to remain in the air for more than one or two cycles if the monster isn't a poor stunlocked sod.

Her shorthand name was Maril. Unfortunately I do not keep in touch with her any more. But I'll package up everything I can think of that will be to your tastes. Especially since you seem to have good taste in cute boys.

Hopefully never.

>impact dual blades
no thanks, I'd rather have an actual unique weapon

Yeah, we don't need to fill a hole that's existed for years.

Let's just keep going around and giving more KO to all the cutting weapons.
I suggest LS next.

He is a cutie. Would post something but always worried about mods. They have been pretty ban happy it seem recently. Sorry you don't keep in touch. She has does have a cute style.

There might be a hole if blunt was actually worth something in the damage department.

>cutting weapons getting KO
I really wish they would stop this, SnS oils were outright overkill because it can keep up with hammer when they get over the learning curve of landing Shoryukens.

If they keep this up they should honestly add a "mini KO" status that CB and SnS do that has a really short KO duration while HH and Hammer deal true KO damage

I like the idea of having Brachy Fists as a weapon.
>You just punch shit and it explodes
>You become one with the Brachydios
For that matter, just make a weapon type that's monster fists, it's perfect.

I always enjoyed her style. Especially how she does ears.

Interestingly, I've never been banned for this sort of stuff. The only time I got banned was posting the uncensored pics of whats-her-face in the shower in Beyond Two Souls.

Dual Blades already get those. Fledderklauen, Fistolution...

I don't mind weapons being able to do the alternate damage type.

Like the GS slap, Shield slaps with the SnS and Lance, or even the HH hilt poke that can do cutting.

But when a cutting weapon does more KO, which was unique to impact for the longest time, it's retarded. Especially since damage specific breaks have also been going by the wayside.
Though HH and Hammers have been passed over for a long time in general.

Jeez, calm down. While the arts do need to be more refined to be useful and less flashy, at least it's a start. Sometimes it takes some refining to get something to work correctly.

Next time don't let your autism get the best of you and sperg out.

Please. Just add this shit. Pic related is how I want a Punch weapon to work

Also here you are.

s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=20537563462224151097

The Fledderklauen are cool, but I wish more dual blades were just fists.
>Fucking Lightning-charged Rajang fists
I want it so bad.

If anything killed MH its Frontier leaking into mainline games and these fucking awful new arts

Thanks
Know this might sound greedy but I was kind of hoping for something lewd. Still nice however.

>Two all caps words and like literally two curse words
>sperging out
Nig, calling that of all things sperging out on Cred Forums is ridiculous.

>Arts
>At least it's a start
And it should end. Active-use supers that charge up and can be used at literally any moment in time afterwards, that you equip and unequip and swap out on a whim, should not be a thing in Monster Hunter of all games. It doesn't matter how much they balance it, or how much more subdued they make it, the very mechanic should not exist. Charge Blade and Switch Axe and Gunlance all have supers, but it's part of the moveset and it's not that much more flashy than anything else they can do.

>Autism
Passion and emotion = Autism, nice meme good meme I r8 8/fuck you.

post dog

No problem!

If you have a way to contact, I might be willing to share any thing like that (though by no means do I have a lot of it) through that medium.

But they still made Madou games, also the spiritual reboot Sorcery saga on vita.

Not him, but also interested so could you please upload it to mediafire or something for other lurkers to grab as well?

Imgur might be a good place to dump it and link it. If you don't want to do that I can give you a dumb email to share with.

Maybe have a fun conversation about things and stuff...

I like your email idea. Why don't you make something throwaway for safety and I'll prove who I am by giving you a picture not in that collection. Maybe be a little while though~

If I get around to it before this thread is dead. Okay. Otherwise you can leave a way to contact you with it later. It's not very much and may not be impressive. But they are personal and cute and I do love sharing them with interested parties.

[email protected]

i agree with you

Are you stupid? It's confirmed there is a mainline MH coming out this fiscal year in Japan.

Why does Cred Forums get so mad at Spin-offs?

>Monster Hunter Stories
>#FE
>Dancing All Night
>Federation Force (at least this one has some reasoning.)
>Hyrule Warriors when it was first announced

Do you people just want one game to always be canon to one style and never try something new even if that new thing is completely separate from its main series making it not really a problem?

10minutemail wont last long enough and I have class soon, so I hoe you are able to upload to imgur or mediafire. Thanks user

They revealed nothing new at TGS. There's been no advertising, there's been no build-up.

TGS would have been THE time to show off a trailer for a new mainline title due out in the next six months. They ALWAYS use TGS to show off their next entry, even if it's over a year off. Remember the initial trailer for MH4 with Tigrex climbing all over walls and pillars chasing a hunter? That didn't come out anywhere near MH4's actual release date.

They didn't show any mainline titles. At all. What they did, however, show off was Monster Hunter Stories. A game that will be coming out within weeks. That will have plenty of time to accrue 2m sales before March from the combined fanbases of Pokemon/Yokai Watch/Monster Hunter.

Put two and two together, user.

>HW
I don't remember anyone being particularly mad at that...

the only person who got mad was the person working on the Total War: Zelda mod

There's also Monster Hunter Festa but that's until end of year or so

>They ALWAYS use TGS to show off their next entry, even if it's over a year off
This is false, the past two games were not unveiled at TGS but at their own private events.

>Remember the initial trailer for MH4 with Tigrex climbing all over walls and pillars chasing a hunter? That didn't come out anywhere near MH4's actual release date.
The same TGS also had MH3G reveal trailer and the game came out less than 3 months after it

>That will have plenty of time to accrue 2m sales before March from the combined fanbases of Pokemon/Yokai Watch/Monster Hunter.
2 million sales prediction is confirmed for a different MH title, not Stories. Stories is not Pokemon and it's not Youkai Watch.

No it won't.
Just like that Felyne spinoff game didn't.
Just like fourth gen didn't.
Just like Portable 3rd didn't.
Just like Tri didn't.
Just like Unite didn't.
Just like fifth gen won't.

>Stories is not Pokemon and it's not Yokai Watch
Don't even try to pretend that it's not the same general type of game as them or Spectrobes or Digimon. Yokai specifically because of the heavily simplified RPS mechanic.

Stories is not Pokemon and it's not Youkai Watch. Same as Airou Mura DX and Gaist Crusher and Gaist Crusher God before it.