Will this game ever be surpassed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oTh9ifCpPHk
youtube.com/watch?v=E4eWnA1gUuM
youtu.be/xnlDwEZkidI?t=2m22s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Implying something as subjective in quality as videogames can have a "Citizen Kane"

How is the quality of games any more subjective than other art forms?

It was surpassed by dark souls

Never its the GOAT

Lol

That game is a 7/10 at best

Multiplayer was fun though

Last of Us 2 will greatly improve upon the solid foundation it created.

It never even surpassed the game that created TPS games.

Witcher 3 won more awarda
Based cdpr saving gaming

>Gaming's Citizen Kane moment
>The only influence it had on the medium was inspiriring a quick burst of AAA daughteru sims

>a love letter to adventure
>game is completely linear and usually on rails
Gaming journalism at its finest.

Of course since it's garbage.

>meanwhile, VTMB still goes unoticed

why isnt it considered one of the greats?

never trust reviewers

This.

I didn't like that game.

I got stuck on a part after a save where I only had 1 shiv and I needed 2 to get by.

I couldn't go back or do anything so I quit after trying to get through about 30 times.

I'm not bad at games either, but I would need some speedrun strats to get through that part.

this piece of shit is literally what white Nu-males appriciate

witcher 3 won 260+ awards

>need speedrun starts to get through that part
that's what makes it fun user, you're just some guy struggling to survive, don't b puss

They obviously mean 'A love letter to adventure films.'

Because that's what makes a game good, apparently; pretending to be a film.

Didn't one of the Uncharted games have an advert where the selling point was 'it's indistinguishable from a film'?

Good stuff.

Maybe but not soon. And desu I don't think it's as good as resident evil 4 but it sure is as close to it as posiible and they are definitely in top 5 games ever made.

this shows how shitty white jornos are
no niggas and azns and shit get into this shit game and the generic protag that much, except for 3rd world spics and those deceived by the hivemind

>TLOU threads becoming more frequent now that the remake of the remake of the remake is being remade for PS4theplayersPro

Coincidence I'm sure. And TLOU was already surpassed 12 years ago when the faggots who called it "the citizen kane of videogames" were desperately failing at a real journalism job.

I doubt it

Wait, what part is that? Whenever you absolutely need a shiv, the game always gives you enough materials lying around to make one.

what game?

Surpassed by whom?

In terms of emotional wankery, probably not

Winback on the N64. It also had a PS2 port with better graphics.

youtube.com/watch?v=oTh9ifCpPHk

Multiplayer won't be surpassed soon, but the game itself was only good for the high production value

Will this game ever be surpassed? Yes.
But will the soundtrack? You don't FUCK with Santaolalla, man.

youtube.com/watch?v=E4eWnA1gUuM

I thought there were many third person shooters on pc by that time.

it's shit and overrated as fuck

It had shit gameplay consisted of "Walk here, kill these things", "Cover shooter sequence number 10 gorillion", and an incredibly linear plot.

It'll be surpassed.

There were no cover based TPS games before it. I can't really think of many TPS games on PC in general other than Max Payne.

Resident evil 4 was better.

>Usually on rails

So full of shit you stink.

So? How is it created tps then? Also cover mechanics were invented only because you can't run and shoot as good as with kb+m with gamepad there's nothing good about it.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End out now
*Only on PS4

The ""platforming"" segments are so linear you can do them with one hand. They have the same level of interactivity as QTEs.

Nigga, there were tons of them on pc, much more than on consoles before re4 popularised the genre.

What TPS games were there on PC at the time? Also the cover system was inspired by MGS and Time Crisis, not simply due to the controller.

>The greatest game you'll ever see on the PS4

American McGee's Alice, Max Payne, Dead to Rights, some Duke Nukem games, Messiah, MDK, Giants Citizen Kabuto, Armed & Dangerous, Freedom Fighters, Heavy Metal FAKK, Oni, Mafia, Killswitch, The Suffering, Psi Ops, Tomb Raider.

But Citizen Kane was a financial failure when it was first released and killed Orson Welles career in Hollywood

Platforming in UC4 is as complex as that of any semi realistic game. Hell, almost 100 % of TPS I can think of are entirely linear as well.

Did you even play it? Because the game does not lack exploration.

Most of those came after the n64 era with Winback though

>Killswitch
Literally the game that was inspired by Winback.

It was surpassed a loja time ago.

The very definition of overrated, "muh movie" garbage. It is laughable that people are comparing it to Citzen Kane.

youtu.be/xnlDwEZkidI?t=2m22s
No bitching over AIDSmoby and Banshee.

Heretic 2 came before. That's not the point, I was very surprised by the fact that people think there were no tps games on pc. Some even think resident evil 4 was the first tps.

the health bar was ripped straight off Metal Gear Solid. It even uses the same fonth for "HEALTH"

This kinda looks like a third person Time Crisis.

>all those no name blogs, newspapers, non video game magazines
>Sony acts like they actually did something good

I hate it.

This is part of the reason why I stopped following reviews back when Giant Bomb came about.

They weren't being subtle about the fact it was inspired by MGS.

see here

LITERALLY WHO ARE THESE PAID SHILLS? DELETE THIS.

I dont know half of these companies giving these games 10/10's. Sony must of payed them in chuck e cheese tokens.
>sony universe game these games a 10
>fuck, never would have seen that coming.

The story is the best. The gameplay was average.

>the closest thing you'll get
Kek. Still a pretty fun game though. Too bad it emulates like shit

>FPS is just walking around and shooting at things
>Racing games is just driving as fast as possible while staying on the track
>Gaming is just pressing buttons at the right time, so every game is pure QTE in essence

WInback was the game that kicked off cover based shooting, not TPS