>>353022343

Sean didn't deserve this, he gave you the whole universe ungrateful bunch of assholes.

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.com/no-mans-sky-ps4-refunds-slammed-former-sony-director-calls-those-return-game-robbers-2409470
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/735638491636195328?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Those comments were so baffling, they had to have been made by teenagers. They didn't make a universe, they made an engine that scrambled their assets around.

Hey, at least NMS has more players than Battleborn!

2 absolute blunders in 1 year

Don't forget Mighty No. 9.

2016 has been a fucking joke.

I wonder if Inafune wears this.

>yikes

He'll be back in a year after NMS will be heralded as the best game ever made by the contrarians.

it's better than nothing

>There are people who got the collectors edition and are STILL WAITING for the airplane model to ship

Why are you asking question like this!

That'd make sense. Think about it - when you're 13 or 14, the 2-3 year wait for NMS is basically an eternity. Your perspective and memories and experiences are constantly shifting. It's not until you reach adulthood that you start having reference points for how long certain things take. A teenager would have been hyping NMS in their head for what felt like most of their lives.

I can see it now.
>"It's a metaphor to how empty and boring the universe actually is, guys!"

There have been at least five or so this year.

Mighty Blunder 9
So Bland's Sky
Deux Ex: Fanbase Divided
Stillborn
Star Fox Zero fun
etc.

BYE, BYE, BYE, bye, bye bye....

My whole life has been a fucking joke.

I missed the starfox and deus ex stuff. What happened there?

A good or a bad one?

Let's just make a suicide pact and hasten the end of this nonsense.

>forgetting Metroid "20,000 copies sold" Federation Force
>forgetting Paper Mario "Sticker Star 2.0" Color Splash

Movies too
Is the big mass media empire finally crumbling into dust?

Star Fox:
>game can be completed in 2 hours if not less
>forced to use gimmicky motion controls which are atrocious in certain vehicles
>forced to deal with gimmicks like voices coming only out of the game pad (no option to have them come out of the TV)
>bumfuck nothing for content
>costs $60

It's like they took the SNES Star Fox, put a new coat of paint on it, and forced you to deal with annoying gimmicks.

Eidos made a game that could have been better than HR but Square Enix cut off the ending to sell as DLC, and added in a million microtransactions and a pay to win mode in a singleplayer game.

The fact that I forgot Federation Farce is a testament to how much of a blunder it was.

As for Cunt Splash, we don't know how it got received yet.

I want to say that Sean is working on a multiplayer expansion that might be free.

But I know hes just cucking it up right now.

What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!

NMS is far from a blunder. It's absolutely a terrible game but it was extremely successful.

>It's like they took the SNES Star Fox,
snes star fox is nothing like wii-u fox.

ayeee

Content-wise it is. You get a grand total of maybe 10 stages and that's it.

Why does it matter in a solo game?

Yep, I don't think it can count as a blunder when they were doing it on purpose.

Honestly the cucks that bought it deserved it, everyone I know saw right through that shit from the first trailer.

I don't know about that many people got refunds on steam, ps4 and xbox one.

ibtimes.com/no-mans-sky-ps4-refunds-slammed-former-sony-director-calls-those-return-game-robbers-2409470

Sean's on a tropical island right now getting his bare feet massaged by beautiful women.

There are more stages in SNES Star Fox.

Probably 1% of sales got refunds. It doesn't change anything. Normalfags buy games on hype and drop them after one week anyway.

Reminder

>2015
>God sent year for gaming
>2016
>not a single notable release

I honestly couldn't understand all the hype around this game since the first time it appeared in E3 2014

What the hell is wrong with people these days getting attached to any shit that those companies throw at us?

My guilty pleasure is hyping Cuphead, but I'm prepared to get disappointed any time

every time

With Star Fox it turned into a shallow rehash of SF64. There were no branching paths, only side mission you could unlock after playing through the mandatory campaign. You were forced to use the Chicken Wing mech form too much, including 90% of the final boss. And there was only one version of Andross.

The other thing - and Cred Forums has argued this into the ground - were the mandatory gyro controls. Some think they're fine, some think they made the game almost unplayable. Regardless of which way you felt about it, the game was so thin and uninspired the controls didn't make difference.

Without the numbers it's hard to say. I know so many people returned arkham knight on steam that it got removed and then later patched and added back. So it can have a big effect.

maybe we're just not the target audience being marketed to anymore

Most blockbusters have been flopping really hard this summer season. Hollywood is in deep trouble too, not only the videogame companies.

Entertainment in general is starting to get into a crisis

>maybe
Even your early 20s is outside the demographic. Just turned 25 and I don't even care anymore.

How does one reach such levels of disappointment and/or failure?

I missed this train wreck, what went wrong with the game exactly?

Sadly this is the reality for most games. Unless you have an established fan base or an annual release like cod, it would have to be a very impressive game to get us to stick with it.

X - Doubt

Was given truckloads of cash and after an absurdly long amount of time pushed out a game that looked like shit, ran like shit, sounded like shit, and played like shit. And he had the nerve to waste who knows how much of the funding trying to turn the game into a franchise with spinoffs, cartoons, movies and merchandise before the game was even fucking released.

It`s not a game, it`s part of beta of everquest landmark, that left at sony after they killed the project with usual japanese retarded marketing.

And they released it trough "indie" game without even fixing bugs, just like IBM initially released dos, os/2 and windows trough microsoft. It`s a usual practice if someone wants to look non-corporate in it`s product.

To put it simple: sony is shit, their non-games suck ass.

It made more than half a billion dollars, it's hardly a blunder.

>Make a kickstarter for "Mega Man, but you get powers from normal enemies as well!"
>Gets more money than the initial goal
>Enemy powerups get scrapped due to "tight budget"

and that's just the tip of the iceberg

That's because Arkham Knight was a game that absolutely was in no state to be released on PC, at the time.

I sure fucking hope so.

The concept was really good, but the delivery was lazy, boring, and not like the previews.
I was thinking this was gonna happen from the get go, but that's not to say I wasn't hyped that it MAY have been good.
I have no problem with people getting hyped for shit, just take whatever you're excited for with a grain of salt.

The worst part is they left in the method you would have used to GET those powerups, which makes killing enemies extremely tedious and requiring a clunky and anti-fun dash attack to finish them off, or else literally standing there for ten seconds mashing your basic attack once they're in their "frozen" state before they just die already.

*men

After Spore I just assume everything is shit and if I get surprised by a good game it's even better.

I usually hold any hype for games from companies I played before.

Persona 5 is one of them. I pre-ordered the break your heart edition since it has turned into one of my favorite series. (Amazon prime's feature has lowered the cost tremendously as well.)

Sonic Mania just because the collector's edition looks so good.

I feel like the controls were only "good" in the sense that they worked the game around them.
It would have been a huge improvement just to drop the motion controls and work the game around analog.
I will say though, multiplayer was really fun with motion controls after we found out the person piloting has their own separate laser.

The same could be said of no man's sky. It had serious performance problems as well on the pc.

Tried to squeeze as much money out of people as possible before anyone had even gotten the chance to play it. After a bunch of delays, removed features and the abysmal gameplay footage they showed off, backers were rightfully upset. Then they decided to start up a kickstarter for their next game, even though MN9 still hadn't fucking came out yet.

There was also a shitstorm about their community manager or something, but I don't know/care about that part. Oh, and they took a shit on anime fans in one of the trailers. Don't do that.

>>forgetting Metroid "20,000 copies sold" Federation Force
That sounds quite modest for such a reviled game. Didn't Codename STEAM only get like 5000 sales?

No Man's Sky wasn't anywhere near as bad as this.

Is this Bioshock 4?

At the end of the day, it was still a Metroid game and a lot of hate can result in a lot of publicity. Codename: S.T.E.A.M. was a weird, brand new IP which they decided to announce in the most lukewarm way possible.

jokes on you faggot, every game i've been excited for has been great
sucks you have shit taste

New and improved "Bloom and Lens Flare" edition.

I remember hating all the "NMS is gonna fail LMAO I hope its TRASHH", because that's what this board is about right now for the most part: Expecting games to be trash so people can get a cheap laugh and shit out memes left and right. I mean, I was hoping it would be a fun game so I could pirate it, but in the end it was actually trash.

The thing about this game being trash is that it re-ignites the shitposting spark that was left by the TORtanic days, where people don't really want good games, just shit games that you can makes memes about.

I hate Sean Murray for giving everybody this trash game and more reasons to expect bad games on this board rather than good games.

>Star Fox:
>>game can be completed in 2 hours if not less
isn't SF games meant to be like this? mulitple playthroughs through different paths and no saving? why is this a bad thing? I fucking loved discovering the black hole for the first time

Didn't the game make like, 50 million buckaroos? I'm sure hello games are deeply disheartened by this player drop.

>HEY GUYS THIS BRAND NEW TURN-BASED STRATEGY GAME WE HAVE... HOW SHOULD WE REVEAL IT?
>In a closed-doors meeting with journalists, obviously
>BUT IT'S IN THE SAME WEEK AS E3, WHY NOT JUST SHOW IT FOR THE WHOLE WORLD AT ONCE?
>Nah fuck it we have too much money already

That's the only explanation possible for such terrible decisions always being made left and right.

Also, who remembers Pikmin 3DS? It's been less than a month and I barely care for it.

Ha. Maybe not. It had enough issues I would say it shouldn't have been released in it's state and could see people getting refunds just for that.

There's been even more than that. It's like they're making up for last year not being a disaster by being worse than '13 and '14 combined.

Don't you have to replay levels to unlock the alternate paths? Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never played it.

I hope you are fucking happy. All of you.

you made it. you destroyed a dream.

A dream of developers who wanted to create something extrodinary.

>every game I've been excited for has been great
Just another way of saying zero.

>chromatic abberation

I see it as an opportunity to replay all the shit I missed in the past years

>t. faggot
2015 was fucking awful

this desu

The kicker for me is this: My refund for Arkham Knight actually got refused. I showed them this photographic evidence but, nope, those two hours I spent trying to fix the broken game put me oer the limit. I was mad.

Oh my god in the whole ugly clusterfuck I never knew that they scrapped that idea.

What a fucking disaster

many many, MANY things

What games are going to be nominated for GOTY at this point? What is left to be released for the rest of the year?

God, what a terrible streak of bad stuff this year has been

don't be a salty faggot, not my fault you honestly had hope in shit games

the more blunders. the better

bring em on

>1.6k people playing NMS right now
>mostly negative
>4k people playing Starbound right now
>mostly positive

How the fuck did Tiy get away with it?

Turns out that making a shitty indie game then lying about what is in said shitty indie game and selling it at AAA game prices doesn't work out in the end.

It is.

Ignore the Pretendos. Zero is a great new entry in the Star Fox games. My personal opinion is that it is merely not for casuals, particularly people who aren't interested in being completionists.

It's a great game, ignore the Pretendos.

As far as movies go, shit is too expensive for such a derivative, bland product.

M-MEIN FÃœHRER?

every time I see "Starbound" I'm reminded of the dick chopping ending of Starless

>Honestly the cucks that bought it deserved it, everyone I know saw right through that shit from the first trailer.
this
I saw it get announced two years ago, thought "this will be watered down gimmicky shit" and then watched as children masturbated over imaginary shit and were seriously surprised upon release

Too bad it was an indie title; IMO everyon's first big disappointment should be a AAA title

It doesn't matter.

The preorders and launch sales were in the millions. The damage is done.

>Being punished for trying to fix the game yourself.

Damn. Have you turned to piracy?

this

I think the lasting damage to Playstation's reputation will really drive people to be more wary of the brand in the future.

This was supposed to be their huge, FFVII game for this gen.

and people actually thought it would be good?

>>every game I've been excited for has been great
>thinking the guy he is responding to is the one with the shit taste
kek

>There was also a shitstorm about their community manager or something

That was a bunch of pants shitting over nothing. The way they handled the game itself was far far more egregious.

I can't believe the level of shit storm that generated when the game being a disaster was right under everybody's noses

Deus Ex was a fantastic game though aside from the obviously planned DLC.

Has 2016 been the worst year in gaming this decade so far? Seriously the only notable release left that can leave a lasting impression is FFXV or The Last Guardian. And we have more reasons to be cautious about them than excitement.

Early 2017 looks to be best time in vidya for a long fucking time though.

worth full price or should I wait until it's half off

If you're a stupid nigger that falls for hype then yes

>people think 2015 was a good year

What's coming in early 2017 that looks good?

Asking because I haven't checked, not because I disagree

Was worth the full price imo. Replay value is pretty good for the Campaign, and Breach mode is just a ton of bite-sized missions with upgrades and shit separate from the main game.

>No Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade.
That thing way worse than anything any other game did.
Went from MMO to a Planetside Clone to a shitty, unbalanced, clan stacking battle arena mode that plays like a shit Space Marines with worse graphics and the devs are the biggest cornknob gobblers ever.
Drinking beer a few years ago talking this game up, fucking shitty nuage lazy ass devs.

If I was excited for zero games then I can still say every game I was excited for was good. Hence zero good game.

Not sure if I am too uninformed about TLG, but the lack of trailers and gameplay videos of it are too suspicious for me. Looks like they will bank a lot with hype and pre-orders alone, but is the game going to prove itself as actually great?

Really, I see nobody commenting about it, and the trailer showed in the last E3 was lackluster

and i've been excited for plenty of games, none of which have been bad.
please tell me people do not actually think Final Fantasy 15 will be good

They got more money than most indie game companies ever will.

>you will never meet Hitler at your local diner
Why live?

I'm going to get it and I'm going into it completely blind.

Are you triggered?

Not exactly. No Man's Sky was still a multi-platform game, and most of the blame has been placed on Murray specifically. Putting everything into consideration, Sony got off pretty well. Microsoft would have been eaten alive if there were reports of stickers covering up the multiplayer features on the game boxes. It did some damage to the brand, sure, but it's not going to have any lasting effects. Normies will be more hesitant to buy hyped up games for about 6~ months and then everything will go back to normal.

>From creates Bloodborne
>Game's only got 1 city and its surroundings
>People praise it

>No Man's Sky has an entire universe where every planet is unique
>People hate it

Why the fuck do he love lazy devs but hate hardworking devs?

not at all, i'm not the one buying it
for your sake i hope it's good, you misunderstand me if you think I hold ill will.

What does being hyped have anything to do with it. It's not about being disappointed after hype, it's about mediocre and forgettable games being released in 2016.

Also 2015 had Bloodborne, Witcher 3, MGSV, Arkham Knight. All better than 99% of what's come out this year.

We got:
>Persona 5
>Nioh
>Nier Automata
>Horizon Zero Dawn
>Yooka Laylee
>KH 2.8
>RE7
>Yakuza 0
ME Andromeda

All coming out March or earlier.

>People realizing that a game where you can do absolutely fucking nothing is shit

At least in fucking Minecraft you can do nothing with other spergs. You can't fucking do jack shit in this game and 200k retards fell for it

Well I enjoyed the Platinum demo which everyone seemed to collectively think was complete shit so I think I'll be alright.

>every planet is unique

>green planet with blue sky
>green planet with red sky
>repeat ad nauseum

>Spongebob RI
>Facebook filename
>mentioning Bloodborne
>inflammatory comment
6/10, you might be trying too hard though

Is there a single game on this planet that comes even close to the sheer amount of false promises and missing features of No Man's Sky?

pretty good bait, bit too obvious though.

People will still fall for it, but you can do better.

B+

>Bloodborne, Witcher 3, MGSV, Arkham Knight.
2 good games, 1 fun game but not good enough and 1 shit game
wow you showed me

maybe you think 2016 has been barren for you, but for me I've been getting everything I wanted and then some. And like you said early 2017 looks to be good as well.

Fable

tasty bait friendo.

You sound like an anime fan on prom night.

Care to name some good 2016 games then? Apart from DOOM.

Dishonored 2 and gears 4 uhh... I guess. Those should be just minor titles that won't be garbage, hopefully

DOOM was supposed to be an epic flop that turned out good

at least we know Bonerlord is close to completion

I wish people were this autistic about Skyrim. Everyone just gave that a pass and conveniently forgot about its broken promises

>Tfw that person is you
>No refunds after June

The Game of the Year has yet to come out

Does health insurance cover massages? Been wicked sore lately. Also considering a chiropractor but back cracking freaks me out.

>DOOM was supposed to be an epic flop
>Supposed to be

And who 'supposed' this? A bunch of clueless fucks on Cred Forums that hadn't even touched the game?

There wasn't a magical event where the game was shit and it suddenly turned into a good game, it was great from the getgo but it got caught up in Cred Forums's unavoidable shit flinging.

X-COM 2 was pretty based.

Everything really. ANd the explosions look like a pizza so... kek

well "good" to you is relative, as is "good" to me, I see no point because there is a huge chance you will just go
>it's shit
I know I just did it but Arkham Knight wasn't bad, I just didn't like it as much as the first two
but if you want me to I can throw out XCOM 2, Battlefleet Gothic and Total Warhammer

Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice

Kek, and everyone else was saying we are just bitter faggots, and that they will be playing this game forever

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

My fetish is games with 1 city.

Sonic and pizza will always be here for me.

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/735638491636195328?lang=en

yikes

Well, I remember especially at the E3 showcase people were very worried about it being too slow and the emphasis on the glory kills, at least the two big issues I remember talk about both here and elsewhere.

Then the game came out and actually looked like they took those two things into consideration.

>who 'supposed' this?
everyone who played the beta and seen the e3 demo until the day before it dropped

the FIRST evidence that the game wasn't shit was the nvidia 1080 demo where they showed the actual game for the first time
all demos and betas were advertising a run of the mill absolutely horrific shooter. the multiplayer beta was absolute trash tier and the e3 demo was disgustingly slow and simplified

then out of fucking nowhere nvidia has this video of a late game skirmish that looked fun and interesting as hell. look in the archives; people were seriously claiming that the video was sped up because nobody had seen DOOM played that fast before

fuck off Cody, you damn nintendo fanboy

>implying
The reason Sean's been quiet is he's taken the money and ran.

>Enjoyed X-Com 2
>Oh boy I hope the DLCs will be just as good as the first games's
>They are nearly all 100% shit

GIVE ME BACK MY MECH SUITS YOU FUCKS.

EW tier expansion fucking when?

Imagine their crushing, life-altering, soul-annihilating disappointment.

The best thing to come out of No Man's Sky might have been an entire generation learning not to get hyped.

Dishonored 2 could be good. But it looks to be more of the same so it doesn't really stand out. I'd put it in the same league as Deus Ex: MD.

And Gears is just your generic run-of-the mill TPS that's a decade late to the scene.

Just wait till we get a proper Long War mod for it.

3DS got some good stuff

PC also got a shitload of good ports this year

It still hurts man.

Yeah that too
I actually had a lot of fun between the two.

I had plenty of new shit to play this year, across all my platforms

>mfw the DLC breaks the game in a bad way
Who the fuck thought those DLC bosses were a good idea?

how so?

Well good. I'm not rich enough to go full idort but what I did get was satisfying enough.

>Literally first mission in the entire game
>Fucking viper king appears and insta wipes everyone
>Gets a move for every unit
>Moves 6 times a turn

I need to go back and see if they ever fixed this little gem of a bug where the trophy head stuck through the UI.

i'm not rich either, vidya gaems are cheap

SEAN MURRAY IS A MESS

>>Gets a move for every unit
WHAT THE FUCK WHY

>Moves 6 times a turn
This is what annoys me most. Who the fuck thought that breaking the core mechanics of the game would be a good idea?

When it comes down to it the only reason NMS got the shit it did is because it's not fun.

For Skyrim people had fun so they don't complain as much.
NMS can not even offer that.

Mhm, they can be if you know where to look. I'm a bit of a sucker for bonus stuff so I usually have to pay stuff like the Fatlus tax and such.

Steam was like 10k, >vgcharts has it at ~220k worldwide since release, though.

fatlus tax? I figure its something Atlus related, but please do explain more.

I'd assume it was trying to mimic like how in some missions you can use the hack point to refresh all of your troops moves.

Except went way overboard and didn't even think about giving it a challenging hurdle to jump before getting that bonus.

Does anyone have the comic of Sean's tweet about two players "finding" each other?

Atlus games at launch are rather pricey (e.g. Stella Glow, which is still pricey), but the digital copies, used copies and sometimes new physical ones are usually much, much cheaper after the initial copies with bonus items sell out. For example, EO4 is now regularly $11 in the eshop and I see it for under $30 in most GS and EB.

Cheers user

>Bloodborne, at least has one city
>No Man's Sky, has exactly zero cities in the entire universe

That wasn't the condition of the game for everyone. It was one guy who had a borked download because his internet is worse than AoL tier.

The game was shit but you're still exaggerating.

nah yakuza 6 is still coming out so it's going to be alright

Don't know which game your talking about but both had many users with problems.

what do they come with that makes them so expensive?

Nothing much really, Atlus just likes pricing up the games. Some come with mini artbooks, cards, etc. but the most common bonus is a small music disc.

Indeed it was my download speed, I'm pretty sure it was at least. Still, a glitch like this being possible isn't really acceptable...