Cancerous, degenerate fanbase like most things nintendo

not enough rule 34

was on Wii U and had a lackluster single player

This
A thousand times this

Nintendo still doesn't know how to implement modern online features

>was on Wii U

and this is a problem how?

It was a new Nintendo IP that people actually bought and gave a fuck about. That happens like once a decade.

smaller playerbase

>2669 images on paheal
You're just being greedy. Lots of games awould be lucky to have more than 100 images.

You grew up.

But I thought splatoon sold 14 gorillion? Which is it?

Nothing at all.

pretty respectable number, won't lie

but you can't act like it wasn't held back by the Wii U's sales, its potential was definitely capped by it

this coming from someone who enjoyed Splatoon granted, for like 6 months

Callie and Marie ruined the game.

>sold over 4 million

There's a point where potential playerbases stop mattering and you can judge the thing on its own merit as a success. Splatoon has very clearly passed that point.

Nintendo killed the game after a year. AFTER A YEAR GODDAMNIT

the way nintendo japan is beginning to objectify and "idol"ize them, this is actually becoming more true than you think.

>smaller player base

Still outsold a highly anticipated PS4 game with a vastly superior """"player""" base

Console sales =/= game sales

>B-BUT SONYYYYY

Every fucking time

>killed the game

Splatfest isn't that big of a deal

More maps adds more varieties

Though the limit and timed availability of stages is still fucking retarded

SZ Museum every other rotation

4 hour map rotation
5 maps on release
still less than 20 after a whole year

>4 hour map rotation
>5 maps on release

Nice meme

Your focusing on retardedly high numbers

The game and IP itself was successful to gain attention and the ratio of buyers who actually play games, it was very high

It's a matter at seeing something small garnering big attention and that's a success

It's a guranteed a sequel because of this, and with more players should Nintendo sell the NX correctly

Best shooter to come out in years and its mechanical depth is on par with the greatest PC shooters of all time

Prove me wrong

It was a lucky throw that the game was so popular.

Nintendo was not prepared to ride the popularity wave and ended up barely profiting on it with amiibos coming out just before it was done.

They should have made a fuck ton of content for it and announced a sequel for the NX

But hell nintendo is just boardroom with suit now.

The comparison is to player base

The mention of Sony is showing that buyers and players are two seperate things

Seeing the word Sony drive your autism is a serious problem

You should see a doctor

I don't think the NX would be able to handle Splatoon. At least not without heavily changing the gameplay.

i bought the game on release and experienced these problems.

the 4 hour map rotation is STILL A PROBLEM.

stupid nintendo cuck.

They're done with new content, but patches are still getting releases and they're (kinda) supporting the competitive community with official tournaments.

Fucking N-Zap 89 in all fields. Thank Squid God it's useless outside of TW

For a new IP and attempt at an online shooter, it's actually pretty solid with a player base on board for a sequel, which would be stupid if they don't make one.

Few things hold it back though but in the end it did way better than what most people ever thought it would do at first

fair enough

>Euro tournament winners get an NX!
>whatever that is lol

This.

This.

You keep playing the multiplayer with same 12 people from your timezone who own Wii U.

Splatoon is the best new IP of this generation.

Prove me wrong.

I don't see how it wouldn't

3DS has gyroscope aiming so why wouldn't the NX

Nobody has played more than me!

Nintendo's shiternet

>there are people who can't use gyro aiming

I wouldn't say anything went SO WRONG. It was a great game, I thought. But if I had to choose one thing to improve it would be dedicated servers.

The paid online with NX should fix that with Spla2n right?

pls no

>basically initially released as early access with bare bones content although I guess this didn't matter if you came into the game later on after the updates
>It came out on a shit system that was already dying
>they never bothered to change the rotation system even after many more maps were made available
>invincibility specials
>splatfests support ended too soon but this ties back into the second point

Invincibility specials aren't even that big a deal. Krakens are tamed easily and bubbles are on like 2 good weapons.

it's a solid game, shame Nintendo decided to kill it off, great music, lovely visuals and great gameplay

the singleplayer was kinda meh but still enjoyable

yeah, Overwatch is great

>Best shooter to come out in years and its mechanical depth is on par with the greatest PC shooters of all time

This, honestly. I'd hold up the inking as a masterclass example of an elegant, deep mechanics.

Your parents got drunk and loved eachother for once
Thats where you come in

It was successful, so it makes sonyponies mad.

Is splatoon worth buying? Haven't had a wii u for to long. Is there offline bots to play against? I'm worried about the playerbase

Calliefag detected

Are you that user at /ink/ that moans about the squid sisters killing Splatoon?

No bots, local mult is terrible, however matches still fill in seconds for me. You'd probably still get a hundred hours out of it.

You might have a hard time getting up through the ranks though, because the only people left below B are literal children and you'll have to carry the objective entirely on your own.

>4 hour map rotation
>Five maps on release
He's objectively right though.

Why do you dipshits crawl out and somehow still choose to ignore the compromise that was made for that.

4 hour map rotations, you have a focus on 2 maps with an emphasis on focusing you in keeping your current set on you, a set that you chose to go best with both of the stages.

These aren't "Problems", they're design choices.

I DO think however, if you are able to pull a party of 8 people, you should be able to select your own maps.

Otherwise, the way splatoon is designed, anyone can buy the game now or another year from now and still be able to get into a game within seconds.

Splatoon is the best casual game with a decent skill cap Nintendo have produced in years.

Fuck off. Marie best girl.

As long as theres more than 10 people playing the game give or take, you will be able to find a game.

Only play when the japanese are awake though or else you will be trash forever, but at least you'll climb some ranks easy.

>I DO think however, if you are able to pull a party of 8 people, you should be able to select your own maps.

Private lobby? You can even relive the FORBIDDEN MODES.

Nothing went so wrong. Some things could have been improved, like the online infrastructure and single-player campaign.
Splatoon was solid and fun as fuck though.

The only people who play this over other shooters are hardcore one system nintendrones or mustards who suck at aiming at analogs and blame the controls instead

Private lobbies are already a thing, but a CUSTOM lobby would be neat.
It'd scratch the itch people want for those who can be bothered/have the drive to bring 7 other twinks n fats together.

I miss the old cheesy Urchin Underpass that you can only still play on in single player and Local multi

You don't even personally know people like that

Oh right, yeah. I suppose they're too terrified of fragmenting the userbase if the allowed custom lobbies though. I miss original uu too.
>lock down the entire mid with a single charger

>mfw seeing the /ink/ general

I actually liked the single player. Had a surreal feel, kind of like those mario sunshine secret levels. Wish more of the stuff they used there was used in the multiplayer.

I do for the latter, but you're right. No one uses a Wii U as a standalone console anymore. Mines in my closet waiting for ISOU.

>check it out
>they finally accepted tripfagging

lol

My favorite game of 2015. I wish that it had more game modes though.

I can't think of anyone other than stubborn students and children who cling to a single console and only one.

Splatoon is my only reason that I play my Wii U at all, which still surprises me considering of all the games I have for it, it was the one I had the lowest expectations for.

I play it because it's mic free and I can play a few rounds of TW or ranked if a good map is on then leave.

No commitment needed and no dealing with obnoxious kids over a mic. Great game.

What? It looks like there is only one trip and it's for some magazine they are making.

I don't think it'd fragment much if it were implemented in the way I had in mind.
8 players who all have to know/have eachother or some of eachoether as friends to play.
No filling in the slots with randos when one drops unless you go out and fish for one personally.

The reality of online games having a used by date is pretty sad once the downward spiral of people noticing "oh, not as many people playing anymore.." and consequently stop playing, or are more likely to quit as a result.
RIP tribes ascend

Yet splatoon keeps players in the dark about how many people are playing at a given time or at all. I think that works in its favor. I still pick up the game at least once a day, slowly filling out every equipment slot as I go as a motivator, and theres not a hint of the game being any less active thats visible.

>only 5 maps on release
>at least 3 more held back and are playable in single player because we have to pretend we have free updates ready
Crucify.

Gotta market Splatoon NX: Calie & Marie's Double Cumshot Edition

>Humoring /vg/ ever
Don't

If you want to understand the cycle of the human condition and how in groups eat eachother to death, or live forever in something so foul no one wants to intrude, /vg/ is the place to be

>7000 times

spotted the rollscummer.

I'm confused, isn't that exactly how private lobbies work already? You make one, your friends join, then you play whatever map and mode the host chooses.

I wanna tickle her feet in a non sexual way!

I.....
fuck
I need friends with Wii Us
I just assumed you got stuck in a group of 4 and played as your own little squad online

Well okay
cool
Guess someone in that sweatshop had a similar train of thought

They ended splatfests too fucking early, that's what. Still, they had to end eventually and while I hate that it was so soon at least it went out in the best way possible. Marie best girl

a very misleading OP. hardly anything "went wrong", it was a success on every metric. financial, critical, viral, etc.

The dozen (you)s I'm gonna get now telling me that THEY didn't enjoy the game are anecdotal and probably fraudulent, and even if they were honest opinions they clearly are in the minority and hardly representative of the game's reception as a whole.

and this

The only times I ever got games as tight as games in S rank were splatfest times

>save scumming
Kill yourself my man

Its just a thread starter meme that never dies

Splatfests are over
Japanese dominate the online scene
Weapon variety just isn't there
Playing with Japanese is a fucking chore

>wanting more forced lagfests

kys yourself and r.i.p. in peace.

No regional matchmaking

Man, sorry user. If it's any consolation you mostly just missed out on meme lobbies with everyone fucking about with the same weapon.

The nips were doing all sorts of coordinated stuff, like getting everyone to ink turf for one member of the enemy team to recover in the aim of getting record turf counts.

Is it true that this is a kids game?

What makes you say that?

Tell me what Overwatch does new. TF2 was already doing what it does for years.

You think this is a game?

Overwatch does what Western developers have finally realised is the win button for gamedev: waifus.

The only good thing about the Splatfests was all the salt after. No one had fun being forced to play that shit did they?

The year following Splatoon's release was a gold mine. I can't wait until Spla2n comes out.

Is this appropriate art for kids?

I had fun precisely three times with Splatfests. The first time when it was hype to see the reveal, the last time when the fucking final boss music played, and the time they got us fighting over god damn North vs South pole just because the very idea of it was hilarious.

>Spla2n for the NX will make the amount of 34 increase by a factor of 10
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

>4.5m sales for a whole new IP
>online still going strong almost 18months after launch
>all of this on a dead-as-can-be console

bretty gud I'd say

>beacon at spawn

Every fucking time.

Appropriate that for a game based on the sea, it generated so much salt.

there's enough squid loli art to drown in

>online still going strong

HAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAHAKJKAASGJAK

Remember the first testfires here? It was like watching a timelapse meta.
>fucking rollers are OP
>you can jump over them!
>they can flick!
>you can just back away!
>fucking chargers are OP

Nintendo wasted resources on a new IP no one wanted instead of making a new F-Zero/AW/Metroidvania/3D Mario, or finishing Zelda U. No one buys Nintendo consoles for shitty new ips fuck this company so hard.

t. someone who doesn't even have a wii u

Those were fun days.

>Pee (You)
>online
The e-shop does not count ffs. Neither do the servers nintendo has used since 2006.

>owned a pee poo

What?

Pedophiles

Hi Sex Genie.

Shit like this is what's wrong. Just like Nintendo felt they needed their own toys to life, they also needed their own mlp so they got it with Splatoon.

splatoon is the ponies of videogames

Any more like this?

Favourite track?
youtube.com/watch?v=KTDnYDG2ACs

>he actually saved his little autistic freakout as if that proved anything

What does that even mean?

>It's bad on PURPOSE!

someone saved this thread?

Oh my god is it you in that screencap? Fucking kek.

youtube.com/watch?v=s7nC_4ailwI

Splatoon even has the best tunes. How can other shooters even keep up?

My only wish is dedicated servers. Hosts pulling out their ethernet cables when they're about to lose a ranked match are the fucking worst. Other than that, everything went right.

I like me some squid metal.

Still waiting for you to eat those dicks and crows.

ok

there's still at least faggot that needs to eat a bag of shit & crows

>splatoon
>shooter

in the same way that pokemon is an RPG

forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=INUAWCG_Ers

You can express two thoughts in the same post, rather than separating them to make it seem like anyone but you cares.

>everybody ignores the objective and camps

Tower Control is the only wrong thing in Splatoon.

There's nothing wrong with it. The issue is that some people ignore the objective to focus on their k/d ratios and don't care about fucking over their teammates.

That never happens. You lose more points doing that.

Why did people latch onto Callie and Marie anyway?

they're cute and they sing and i want marie to bully my dick

considering everyone said there was no way nintendo could make a new ip, i thought it did really well

They can just overwrite their save with an older save on a flash drive to avoid losing points

>that post is over one year told
>got a losing hand but he still won't told

Your posts are better than silver, they're told. You can write your apology in Helvetica Told Oblique.

Nintendo server
Living in a country where an area has a monopoly on an internet provider
No chat
Couldn't pick maps

Is there any videogame community more degenerate than Splatoons?

Why do Nintendo games always attract the weirdos?

Nothing went wrong outside of the map rotation and how snipers are grossly overpowered hitscan weapons, especially the E-Liter line. Sniping takes about as much skill as jerking your controller around, literally.

>save scumming rank

For what purpose? You'll get rekt playing S+ without the skill. So you'll be doing that shit after every match. Where's the fun in that?

I don't believe it was actually a serious rivalry for most people, more like it was an obvious in-universe thing to bant about. Straight away there's potential for fanart given the Splatfest rivalries, then people just roll with that.

Ego i'm guessing. Plenty of terrible people in s and s+

>B-BUT... MUH PHOTOSHOP!!!!!
Also nice font rendering iCuck.

Nyu-ey Nyu-is and the Nyus

youtube.com/watch?v=fVq0s1ABjNE

>ten minutes to come up with "but photoshop"
Thanks, sub pixel anti-aliasing is nice. Do you still not understand why you're being mocked for ?

Pro tip, you can literally google the answer.

>doesn't even try to refute the point
>bringing up MUH 10 MINUTES even though the gap between and is also 10 minutes
>actually being proud of being an iCuck
Memeoon fags, everyone.

I've owned this game for a year now and I've never been an S rank. Like god FUCK every time I'm at A+ 90 something fucks up and I get raped the very next game and drop to the low 30's. I'm never leaving A+ hell.

What point? That you got apocalyptically told? No, I don't dispute that.

other games couldn't compete

That a picture does not prove you are not samefagging. I'm glad you're at least not denying that, and you literally pretended to be multiple people to act like anyone's here to back you up.

There's nothing that would convince you that I'm not samefagging, and there's nothing that would exonerate you from being so dumb as your post in this screencap

>man, this game is real tricky dicky

Spla2n will have hair styles, right?

I hope so, also we need more party options for multiplayer

No Splatfests made eveyone decide the game was done and stop playing. If Nintendo only increased the time between Splatfests starting in 2016 eveyone would still be way into it

>still only 2 maps per rotation

Why

the controls are garbage for no reason

also this

Don't worry user! The splatfests will return.......on the NX

>only one crossover

Such wasted potential.