Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MLdWbwQJWI0
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/348889272/#348891116
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(You), etc

>But people are still buying games

Top kek.

>"Portable dedicated consoles have been replaced by mobile gaming at a core and casual level."
People have been saying this since 2012 and it still isn't true. Even when Nintendo makes mobile games they're still shitty mobile designed shovelware with a Nintendo skin and an ad for their game console.

>a japanese company sells the majority of their products in japan

wow shocker

Right. Third parties really want audiences to migrate to a platform where Nintendo can't dominate so easily, so they have their marketers say this shit.

NX is going to be designed with drawing in mobile audiences again. It'll be interesting seeing Nintendo BTFO these people again.

fucking stop, they sure as hell aren't buying wii u games

When will they realize people buy their games to see all their favorite characters rendered with fancy new graphics and don't really give a shit about innovation for the sake of it so long as the game is playable and speaks to the heart of the franchise?

That's literally the only thing people want out of Nintendo. Yeah during the NES - N64 eras you guys needed to focus on innovation. Advances in hardware meant you had to rethink what a game's structure could be and you guys did a great job pumping out new and innovative games regularly. Thing is in the modern era we've basically had the horse power to do anything we've wanted for more than a decade and it all comes down to refinement and polish.

People don't want to play Star Fox 64 with a wacky new control scheme they want to play a familiar game with Star Fox with fancy new graphics that will awe them at the same time it makes them nostalgic. That is all you have to do and you've consistently fucked it up since the gamecube era.

>Even when Nintendo makes mobile games they're still shitty mobile designed shovelware with a Nintendo skin and an ad for their game console.

I can practically taste your salt. To bad no one will ever act this enthusiastically about the games you like.
youtube.com/watch?v=MLdWbwQJWI0

Uh, no. America is Nintendo's largest market by a sizable margin

With this mentality the D-pad, analog stick and rumble pack would never have been invented.

tell me, how many will be playing a month, already a slow decline
a year? even less
normies will leave and go to the next big thing then leave again

I was going to give you a (you) but then I remembered OP posts don't get (you)s.
So no (you)

Well most games Nintendo makes basically are the same shit with a new coat of paint, like every Mario game barely looking better than Mario Sunshine and every mainline Pokemon game being so identical, but that's when they care and don't try to fuck things up like with the recent Paper Mario games or Fed Farce.

Kek that's because I don't play normieshit on my phone like some plebeian.

JUST

you forgot about the billions they made on pokemon go faggot.

>Can't even read
>Is actively retarded

>dedicated handhelds are dying because faggots like mobile

Dedicated handhelds have been my favorite thing about vidya for the past decade. Why must everything I love face death?

Yet those game are gimped by the fact they've chosen to make poor hardware decisions.

Mini DVDs
The Wii
Wii U
DS
3DS

Every hardware choice they've made since the SNES and to a lesser extent the N64 has been a mistake.

is this the new nintendoomed thread?

>NX is going to be designed with drawing in mobile audiences again.
You criticized Microsoft for doing that sort of shit you underage fuck

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/348889272/#348891116

Latin America :PS4
Europe: PS4
Asia: Smartphones
USA: PS4

How can Nintendo even compete?

not him but can someone be dormantly retarded
I need to know

>DS was a mistake

That's cool, can you post how much the Vita has sold?

>at a core and casual level
Can anyone even name five "core" mobile games that aren't just ports of handheld games?

More than the Wii U

With the Wii and Wii U they fucked up by having weak hardware.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut sony

>This time guys! Trust me! This time nintendo is definitely doomed!

I own both handhelds and it's really silly when your phone has a bigger screen than both than and can also handle higher resolution graphics

>THEY'RE DOOMED THIS TIME!

I'll believe it when I see it, the people who drone on about how they'll DEFINITELY die out seem like the kinda people who still pre-order games.

I don't care about screen size or resolution. I care about good games, and for me handhelds have dominated on that front.

This only proves America has been dumbed by Apple

mobile gaming will forever be shit unless a phone comes out with usable buttons, not to mention no one plays handhelds for graphics

i do hope sony makes another handheld because the vita is pretty great, it just lacked games. nintendo needs to get their head out of their ass and make something on par with it at least

>tfw Nintendo can continue to sell at a loss for the next 60-70 years

You're gonna be saying Nintendo is doomed your entire life, how does that feel?

okay kiddo

Nintendo isn't doomed but definitely their gaming business isn't as profitable as it used to be

Not surprised that they are creating mobile games and they want to star in movies and anime soon.

WiiU is the Jeb! of consoles.

>The two shitty screen set up is essential and totally adds to the game experience in a way one good screen couldn't
9 DSs later I'm still looking for that one game to prove me wrong.

>MK8 sold that much
>but nobody plays 200cc online
it still hurts

That's not the point retards, the statement isn't about the quality of the games, it's about the fact that mobiles have an obscenely dominant market share in the portable gaming space because it has 10 times the playerbase compared to handhelds.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Not but man that reminds me there was a copy of this for 28 bucks at the used game store alongside 2, but I already have the untolds
is it worth it

Think of a 'silent and brooding' type who you assume to be a great thinker until you actually hear them speak and realize they haven't been thinking of much of anything.

That would be someone who is 'dormantly' retarded. They're retarded but they don't actively share it for all to see.

And how could these not be achieved on one good screen divided in half?

I mean at least think about your answers before you blurt them out.

>I want one giant touchscreen

(You)

Ki:U, idk. Maybe people would just take out the bottom and use thumbsticks
EO would be awful on one screen.

>muh Nintendo attach rate

The first 7 games were all bundled with the wiiU just to mask a high attach rate. Look at all the games that weren't, they are selling under 2mil on a regular basis.

Mario kart really being the only exception.

not really if you already have the untolds, remakes are superior in pretty much every way

Huh, I know some people like that.
I'm not silent and brooding but otherwise that's me

>LULZ NO ONE BUYZ PII POO GAYMZ
>get btfo with hard irrefutable facts
>B B B B BUT

Too bad for you lad, that those sales do not include bundled versions

>ITT: idiots don't know that Nintendo is profitable, despite relatively lackluster sales

Wii U's are still $300 for a reason

oh yeah, there are no ps4 bundles that come with uncharted 4

>eurogame is smearing shit because all their leaks were false
lol so professional.

Ok I'll buy Rocket Slime instead

>oh look it's another user who thinks they understand business

Fun fact Blizzard cleared more money with WoW at 5 million players then they did at peak wrath with 13 million players.

Nintendo may sell less handhelds, but more then ever are most of their sales on promotional and online only crap. Even with their sales figures they are still making more money with these past 5 years then they did in the last 20.

>reducing the already tiny 3DS screen space by splitting and keeping one screen only
You should be the one thinking before opening your piehole

>EO would be awful on one screen.
I think you might actually be retarded user, I'm so sorry. This time try to imagine it again, the two screens merged into one screen, the one screen displaying both screens worth of content simultaneously.

>I don't actually have an argument but I'm going to reply anyway to feel better about losing.
Kinda sad. I actually feel bad for you.

I think it's more the N3DS and 2DS that are surging now because people want to get back into Pokemon and because of the cheapness of both of them. I like my 3DS.

.06m -GB/C
what the fuck

>use thumbsticks
>for shooters

>reducing
>wut is addition is that the take away one?
I guess I was right about you Cletus.

For the last two generations 99% of the good games on Nintendo products have been on handhelds.

What do you think people are going to buy?

and having a two monitor setup is just a big gimmick too right? No feasible advantage to it whatsoever. All those workplaces just...do it.

You compromise portability if you do that since you can't fold the console. Look at the 2DS.

>m-muh bundle sales
Might as well cut out any sales made from uncharted, cod, fifa, etc bundles as well faggot because they don't count

its also the Wii-U. Its profitable. Its game sales are great.

Also amiibo. This company is smart and built to last. They arent doomed and they've never been close.

Ok then if the sales are that good then why did the WiiU fail

>This time try to imagine it again, the two screens merged into one screen, the one screen displaying both screens worth of content simultaneously.

that would look awful dude
the 2ds is basically one big screen and they still separate it

Or whatever control you might prefer. I don't have a great deal of experience with porting games user I'm no pro.

>Too bad for you lad, that those sales do not include bundled versions

top kek, the only sales number Nintendo releases includes bundles versions you dumb fuck.

>oh yeah, there are no ps4 bundles that come with uncharted 4

Both Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne broke 3mil sales long because Uncharted 4 was bundeled. Bloodborne still never officially having been bundeled

How exactly are they tracking the sales of second hand gameboy colors?

Quick user

cap his contridiction

too bad for you lad, that nintendo isnt the only one who can track sales

Well I have no knowledge on the Wii-U's sales or it's games but agreed, idk what the fuck the "doomed" shit is about. They own everything from Mario's olympic stunts to the Pokemon designs, they could do whatever they want and be fine.

>Tropical kek sold worse than based jungle beat
Retrofags BTFO

Well put the ps4 and ps3 sales in there too then. Butblasted falseflagger

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Now that we've got that out of the way. Multi monitors serve no advantage over a single high resolution monitor in theory.but the problem is most operating systems don't have a good clean way to divide the screen up into maximized windows, this is irrelevant to handheld games however as the game's screen can be divided anyway the developer wants.

And what could a Model T achieve that a horse and buggy couldn't?

Checkmate, atheists.

Problem is that is the only games worth a pinch of salt on the WiiU. Hence the big sales. Whereas people buy PS4 and Xboxes for multiplats too

Also, as usual with yoy manchildren
>B-b-but muh Soneee

Source on Bloodborne sales numbers?

I really feel like Nintendo is missing such a great opportunity for the NX. They should have made them smartphones, with a Nintendo OS.

Fuck man, they've announced and revealed all that's ever needed to do so. They could make the NX a phone, and have their games become cross-platform with an eShop app for android, ios and Nintendo's OS.

The reason why the 3DS didn't sell as much as any of the other handhelds is because nobody wants to carry around anything more than a phone, tablet, and or laptop. It's just not convenient enough.

>Multi monitors serve no advantage over a single high resolution monitor in theory

Wrong

His ass.

literally only thing keeping nintendo from going third party is their pride. they would make more money third party, absolute fact, crunch the numbers bitches.

I take it you never did very well when it came to imagination as when you were tasked with imagining two screens merged into one screen and the images of the two screens being displayed simultaneously on that single good screen itself instead you pictured the 2DS.

This is fairly comical.

How autistic are you?

Microsoft is trying and failing to attract the smart phone market by releasing slightly more powerful versions of the same console over and over again.

NX is going to do something completely different.

Same reason ps3 did. No games and overpriced at launch

Funny how COD and fifa isnt including in the intitial stats pic (obviously since they have huge sales), but now that it works for your arguement, you decide to bring them up?

Playstation and Xbox don't even have any games worth playing nowadays.

People who own Playstations have never liked cartoon styled games. If the sales numbers are to be believed.

>Doesn't have an argument
>Makes a post anyway despite being unable to refute it
Again, this is pathetic. If you're not even going to think I'm done here.

When will Nintendo realise they got lucky with the Wii and "doing somthing different"?

For (you)
A majority of the gaming community would dissagree. Otherwise WiiU would have sold much more

Considering they also apparently got lucky by doing something different with the NES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and DS, never.

Western cartoons, maybe. But Sony normally has the most animu cartoon games

It's over, Nintendo is finished!

And that "something" is?

BTFO

Nintencucks will literally kill themselves when shitendo goes third party.

At first I hated mobile. But since it's gonna slowly choke out the handheld market for Nintendo, I see things in a different light.
Post yfw the NX bombs harder than an angry Saudi.

That's not how it works, retard.

TWEWY. Next question.

>gameboy
>gameboy colour
>gameboy advance
Kek, but they are thensame thing. Just with upgrades like a console?

Apart from Nintendos complete lack of advertising (and the stupid idea to name-check the Wii and adding that confusion), if you look at that chart the top 5 can be played by multiple people on one console. So you need just one console, one copy of the game and scrounge up 4 Wiimotes between a group of people to play(Wii Party U on that list even came with one for cheap, which is why its so high up). Its the opposite of the way Sony and MS have pushed their MP, everyone has a console and plays together online vs Nintendos couch MP.

If the Gameboy Advance and the Gameboy are the same thing then the PS2 and PS1 are the same thing.

Osu/EBA

Henry Hatsworth

TWEWY

Wow, that was hard.

This good?

Are you actually saying nintendoomed , user?

I had a rough day i need a good laugh

well done on posting no face on something that won't happen.

>m-muh couch co-op
You do realize that for adults who can't afford to be in the same room together vastly prefer online multiplayer for that reason?
I bought a Wii U just to play Smash with my friends. We've played it like 10 times together, and most of those times was the first month of so when it released.

So even if NX is a handheld it will bomb right?

It's a goddamn echo chamber in here.

But it is exactly what you are arguing..

Nah user they are totally fine and thats why they have dropped the PiiU and started developing mobile trash.

If the NX flops its over for them and there is nothing you can do about it, nintencuck.

That's what I mean. There is nothing innovative about them, they are just upgrades

Also, ONCE AGAIN
>muh sonyyy

>something that won't happen
>3DS
You're right user. The NX is gonna be a super special awesome hybrid and sell like a billion units!

Cred Forums somehow got extremely anti nintendo is the last few months. I suspect it's the summers kids staying a bit longuer than usual. There was also an influx of shitposter when the Pro was announced, likely to deflect away from the reaction to it.

>muh sonyyy
Fine, you stupid nigger, if GBA and GB are the same fucking thing then the Genesis and Master System are the same fucking thing.

They aren't just upgrades, dipshit.

>its another thread Cody started just ti defend every little thing Nintendo does

Fuck off Cody

>last few months
>the anti-Nintendo sentiment is in no way caused by Nintendo's constant fuck ups and resentment of their own fans
>nuh uh!
>it's the people who are wrong
Honestly I want them to fail just to see their pathetic fanbase collectively kill themselves. Literally too if I'm lucky.

>actual nintendoomler

Awwwwww shit i tought your kind learned in those 30 last years ? I know you probably only lived 12 of those but it's always a good idea to look into the past anyway.

I would offer you a dicks and crow bet but we both already know what will happen

Kill yourself

>Nintendo makes a shitty console/game
>People buy it
>People realize it's shit
>Nintendo makes another shit game
>People either fall for the trick again or don't buy
>cycle repeats

I just want good games

CQFD

there's a good amount. XCX alone got more playtime than my duststation4.

Nintendo can't make a smartphone, they don't know how to. They have to piggyback some other company, just like Microsoft and Nokia.

>XCX
Trash

>Nintendo makes shitty console/game
>People buy it then realize it's shit
>Nintendo thinks people want a shitty console/game
>Release another pile of shit
>People don't fall for it

Fixed that for you.
It's how the wii u failed after all
The Wii had some masterpieces but overall it was a shitty console, from both a casual and a non-casual point of view

Oh, I see. Like this one. Gotcha.

>another "nintendo is doomed" meme
>they are failing for over literally 30 years now
>"b-b-b-b-but this time is the real deal, I swear!"

Kek.

I keep forgetting how fucking successful the DS was.

>Apart from Nintendo's complete lack of advertising
Aren't they doing that with the NX hell it's supposed to release in a couple of months and people barley know anything about it

THIS.

I bought a Wii U, and a 3ds, and i've enjoyed them both. :)

And also the shift to Direct only. It's pretty much saying "we can't afford marketing anymore"

That's the only "good" wii u game that I haven't played, actually. I don't think it was developed by Nintendo though I could be wrong

Thats because you have shit taste and most likely are autistic

Monolith, owned by nintendo. Currently helping with Zelda BotW. Yes, they are nintendo, same way retro is.

>implying that a phone with built-in support for detachable controllers wouldn't be the tightest shit

NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA and DS all run perfectly on Android and iOS already. If Nintendo made a Nintendo-OS, or Android-based smartphone with all that we know about the NX so far, they'd rule the mobile market and give it full games as well. There's literally 0 downsides to this.

I've had both since launch, and I've enjoyed them both. You can't deny that while they had periods where a lot of good games were coming out, both are pretty much dead now.

I know zelda is coming out for wii u but I don't think one game is enough

Do you define the quality of a game by how fun it is?

or by how mature its themes and story are?

or by how many polys it renders at 60fps?

or its resolution?

or if its just not your taste or genre?

Wow, that's a really brutal, harsh thing to say. I understand you're at the age where it's important to look like an adult in front of your peers, but please don't lash out at me.

>implying that a phone with built-in support for detachable controllers wouldn't be the tightest shit
So pretty much every phone out there?

How do you define fun?

I rather go replay Federation force

Consoles come and go. I don't hate the wii u just because they've discontinued it. There have been many fun games that will live on in my memory. On to the next thing!

That's bluetooth, you know what I meant.

>plugged in
>no input lag
>integrated into the OS/game
>no battery drain

go ahead, if you like it, no reason not to.

manchild alarm

Since fun is a subjective term

I can consider bugchasing a fun fetish

You know it when you experience it. It's a personal thing. Like crying or laughing.

Then sony, sega, atari and microsoft are just as innovative as Nintendo?

Just like xperia play

But detachable, made by Nintendo with Nintendo games.

And also, not from 2011.

they probably counted the bundles that came with it

Nintendo can close up international shop, it wouldn't give a flying fuck since they will continue in Japan. It's the Nintendo employees of other countries that get fucked in the ass, they will continue to live on in their motherland.

Sony as well for their game department will never die compared to say Sega, just look at the sales and prove me wrong. It's their other items that are dying i.e not games.

Meanwhile Xbone as a business itself due to Microsoft practices might as well fire everyone in the game department since they think Scorpio price pointed with PCs will be a success.

Pre-ordering games is bad...? I save 30% on the retail price of a game, usually get something for preordering it, find out if it's good, if not, I return it and get my money back before opening it.