Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5c-s8_cQ2PE
youtu.be/qdTZ68uApXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit game.

update in 10 hours

Reminder that Venom blueballed Quiet.

He rejected her and left her to die, instead of just killing her.

Absolute masterpiece, Kojima's propensity for crafting a meta narrative that goes far beyond the game itself is truly admirable. Most people misinterpret the story (and Chapter 2) as "rushed" because of the repeat missions, but I digress. The climax being placed directly in the middle of the game and then followed by the deconstruction of everything you've gained up to that point, ultimately ending with a repeat of the first mission and the revelation that nothing you did was truly your own but the actions of a mere puppet to another's will (a "Phantom" if you will) culminate into an utter masterstroke of not only video games as a medium, but art itself. In addition, the metaphorical "Race" for nuclear disarmament among players to achieve a "Peace" that will never come (Chapter 3), thus creating a real, tangible "Phantom Pain" in those who fight for peace is something that has never been done before in video games, and pushes the boundaries of what this medium can achieve as an art form.

I'm currently in the process of writing an analysis of Metal Gear Solid V, deconstructing every bit of this wonderful piece of art. As of right now, I firmly believe that "V" is Hideo Kojima's magnum opus, and It's hard for me to think that he could top it with "Death Stranding."

t. Kojima

>MGSV was just MGS2 2.0 after all
>people are going to look back at it in 10 years the same way we do with 2 now and call it a masterpiece
woah...

This is some high quality bait right here.

what did he mean by this

Gameplay wise, it's a masterpiece. I was giving it another go a couple weeks ago, and I got to the point where Kaz is talking about reclaiming all that was lost, getting back and Cipher, making sure that Zero pays for what he did . It could have been a fucking great story

Massive Fucking Ego

"Death stranding is silent hills" bro, look it up on youtube, great video and yeah mgsv was fucking legendary

l o l

Peace comes when Quiet is left for dead, that's why there is no chapter 3, her death brings peace, Venom hated her that much.

Stop this shit

I still think MGS2's story was better

that's just like, your opinion, man

He meant kojima is a hack and he likes to suck his tiny gook penor

good one man ha ha

Bump

Pour one out for kojima and his homies

what an abomination it was

It's fun as fuck dude, just got a bikini for my sexy combat ladies

>All of these idiots that believe that Kojima actually was ousted by a company that he's worked at for 28 years and was just the VP of before
Open your eyes, already.

This

How can you put brakes on the truth train?

so basically this, then
youtube.com/watch?v=5c-s8_cQ2PE

Fuck off faggot
youtu.be/qdTZ68uApXA

There's no stopping it!

IT'S TOO LATE, YOU'VE RUNG A BELL THAT CANNOT BE UN-RUNG
VENOM HATED QUIET AND LEFT HER TO DIE INSTEAD OF INVITING HER BACK

QUIET LOVED HIM BUT HE JUST DIDN'T CARE ABOUT HER

Yeah, ok pal

You're still in the denial stage, I get it.

Holy fuck there's no way that's all a coincidence

BUT FOR WHAT PURPOSE KOJIMA
PEOPLE HAVE DIED OVER THIS

I don't know if I can take anymore. There's obviously something going on, but my heart can only take so much pain.

Would you say it could only take so much PHANTOM pain?

fuck off loser.

So is Death Stranding a real game or is it a ruse?

Post yfw the greatest ruse in gaming will never be real

Ah yes, billion dollar investors will definitely let someone compromise the integrity of their stocks for a video game.

Fucking kids these days

I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE ANYMORE

KOJIMA JUST FUCKING OUT WITH IT AAAAAAAA

Konami de-listed from the New York stock exchange right before the end of the last fiscal year.
Make of that what you will.

It means they knew that firing kojima would have a negative effect on their market share, so they dropped out if the market to freeze their numbers for the time being until the heat died down. Their stocks are at an all time high.

Video games don't matter to anyone but faggy gamers.

>tfw I killed Quiet on my first play through
Afterward I dropped the game.
I was on /vg/ when MGSV first came out and they spoiled the whole plot twist in the game for me.

She died of heartbreak either way

"Art doesn't matter to anyone but snobby art major fags"

It doesn't though

It's still worth seeing how everything built up to that point and the foreshadowing and worldbuilding that went into it. Do you just drop everything that you already know the very basic outline of the ending for?

It's almost like art has shaped societies time and time again for centuries over or something.

Wow this might be the stupidest thing I've read all day

Wow you might be the most ill-informed person I've conversed with all day

>t. I wasted money on an art degree

McDonald's is always hiring

K O J I M A
O
J
I
M
A

I didn't have to waste money on an art degree to know the significance of art on culture, society, and the shaping of history.

I wasted money on an IT degree instead

She's a waste of time, just like Ocelot says.

Venom wasted his time pretending to like Quiet

Make it stop make it stop MAKE IT STOP

Is this image trying to prove anything beyond MGSV PT and DS are connected?

Kaz said she's a waste of time, ocelot wanted you to bring her back.

Get your shitposts together

Them being connected implies Kojima never left Konami.
Use that noggin' of yours

MGS2

Yea I don't believe that for a second.

Kaz wanted her back because ace in the hole informant

Ocelot said "You're wasting your time" straight to boss

Get YOUR shitposts together

PUT ME IN THE SCREENCAP

what if kojima was a hack

No what ifs there. He was a hack and then he made MGSV.

what a retard

what did konami mean by this

a

faggot is what you are

do not talk to him that way you are brothers and my own