Dead Space Remastered when?

Dead Space Remastered when?

Dead Space thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VweiBZ2N
mega.nz/#F!PJwgFbIL!CKIM7av8eGALAvcCQstYYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By the way I'm going to replay DS1 and DS2 on PC soon (right after I finish my BioShock 2 playthrough), are there any essential mods to make them look better or to fix stuff?

No fuck off with the remasters, bigger cancer than DLC

Why? You're not forced to buy it, and people who never played it have another chance to play the game, I don't see the problem honestly.

You can use ENB or any other effect injectors you like, there isn't much more other than some suit texture mods.

Here's some fixes that may help you with DS1 mouse problems. pastebin.com/VweiBZ2N

No mods, just the usual.
Force SMAA and HBAO+, downsampling

Remastered?For what purpose?The game is great as it is;no point paying $60 for a remaster.

Why did they jettison all the established lore when they released 3? Everything up to 2 was fucking golden and they just wasted it. I'll admit I never read the tie in books or watched the movies so there's probably shit there I missed, but still.

Thanks guys, by the way if I have Nvidia Inspector, how do I force SMAA and HBAO with it?

Playing through Dead Space 1 now.
Just when you thought RE4 was generous with it's ammo, I've ended up with a metric fuck ton.
Is there a reason to buy other guns?
Which ones are fun?

The game is good though, I'm enjoying it.

>Is there a reason to buy other guns?

In DS1 I don't think you'll ever need anything besides the plasma cutter.

Play on hard at least and you will get fucked with ammo
But best guns are objectivly the Plasma Cutter and the Contact Beam

For HBAO+ pic related.
For SMAA you use either smaainjector or sweetfx with own settings, don't touch the hideous presets on the database.

I'm in chapter 4 now and just got the schematics for the Contact Beam, guess I'll give it a go.

I'll do a hard playthrough next, and maybe do a hard playthrough first in DS2 if the game keeps this up.

Didn't expect that.

>Mfw Dead Space 2
>The reveal that Isaac has been tortured and had his mind wiped daily for the past three years so as to prolong his agony
>Stick a needle in my eye...
>MAKE US WHOLE
>The school level
>FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MARKER
>The sun
>Just the whole fucking game in general

dead space 1 was like climbing everest. pretty great, but achievable. dead space 2 was like climbing olympus mons, only to discover it was some Lovecraftian beast that projected cyclopean madness best never seen by mortal eyes into your weak mind.

DS2 is much harder than DS1 by the way.

Force gun is best tool, only people who played on impossible know why.

Your starting weapon is one of the best if not the best weapon.Ammo is plentiful.Don't invest or keep multiple weapons as it will clog your inventory;upgrade your starting weapon to max then start experimenting.Upgrade your RIG but not oxygen supply.

>tfw I genuinely enjoy Dead Space 3
>tfw people consider it ME3 levels of bad

I love it just as much as the first two, but everybody else seems to despise it. feels bad

>wasting ammo with spare blade limbs around

>That total nonchalance

>Implying I'm dealing with any necromorph bullshit today
>Fuck zombies
>Fuck space
>Fuck markers
>My feet hurt
>I want to go home
>Where's Nicole?
>I hope no Unitologists are on board

I'll give it a try, thanks, I never used any injectors, can you recommend a good SMAA injector?

injectSMAA

Well it's not ME3 levels of bad that's for sure, but it's still pretty weak compared to the first two games.

Dead Space is one of my favourite franchises. It's a shame it belonged to EA.

>upgrading kinesis when you can just blow everything to bits with the cheapest ammo in the game

thanks again man

Necro limbs can't be used like that in Dead Space 1

Hope you learned something faggot

Nevermind I'll do normal.
I don't like to get spooked whilst struggling, much prefer to know the game.

Do you mean you can use limbs to deal damage.
It wasn't until recently I found out you can throw things you picked up with the kinetic thing (I thought I would shoot since he has his gun out still).
That's pretty cool I'm gonna have to try it.

Anything else you can throw outside of the red tanks?

I don't know why you like it. It's very boring and repetative and not scary at all.

That's true, but the cutter is kinda boring. You gotta experiment.

I liked the gun customisation in Dead Space 3. It made the game ludicrously easy after a while, but man it was fun.

doesnt need one, still looks really good for its age

Yeah they could it just wasn't as tight as in 2

>play game on console
>have a generally awful time
>years later decide to give it another chance on PC
>have so much fun I buy DS2
>even better

Goddamn, why even port it to consoles, it felt so horrible.

Dead Space had some serious shadow issues on consoles, they seemed all pixelated or some shit like that, it was horrible, which is strange since the Xbox 360 was supposed to be stronger than PCs at the time.

>havent announced a new dead space game in 3 years
>game ended on massive cliffhanger
>announce that the next game will be a remaster of the first game
i'd be mad as fuck if they did this

I wouldn't, Visceral is working on a new Star Wars game anyway, they don't have time to make a new DS game, and if there was a remaster it wouldn't be done by them.

Didn't it start out in hd? Why does it need a remaster?

Hopefully never. They're all bad and the only playable one is 3.
>bad controls
>worse story
>not enough action even if 3 has the most. It just needed more

>havent announced a new dead space game in 3 years

Well EA DID hold the game as ransom and said that if it didn't sell enough copies (they wanted 5 million or some absurd amount) then they wouldn't continue the franchise.

force gun is GOAT in both
>fully upgraded can 1/2 shot black necros on zealot/impossible
shit saved me plenty of times during my hardcore runs

>There are people in this thread who haven't beaten DS2 Hardcore

NORMIES LEAVE CASUALS NOT WANTED

>inb4 dumb frogposter

nigga I already playing remastered

Still looks like shit...

How do you make your game look like that? Please tell me user.

What the fuck is up with dr1 and dr2 on pc

>Cant go through the first door dr1
>randomly having a shit ton of weapons in the safe dr2

NO. NO MORE "REMASTERS" OF LAST GENERATION GAMES.

MAKE NEW GAMES, FUCK YOU FOR WANTING HD RESKINS OF THE SAME SHIT.

This, the current gen is like, 90% remasters. It's fucking bullshit.

You look like shit.

You have to limit the game to 60 FPS or the physics and other stuff might break.

DS2 steam version got all the cancer DLC unlocked at once for PC so either don't use these babby cheat items or play the pirated version which doesn't have them at all.

First quote was meant for

I remember having my gf play this game with the lights off from the start. When the first monster appeared behind her and cut her to bits, she ran to the bed crying. She never played it again.

reshade

mega.nz/#F!PJwgFbIL!CKIM7av8eGALAvcCQstYYQ

kill yourself

>My friend was beyond hyped about the 8th gen
>He kept saying that everything was gonna get better because we have NEW TECH
>I was skeptical
>"I don't know man, the tech doesn't seem that great. These systems don't seem like such a leap forward as previous generations"
>Friend doesn't get it, keeps talking about "we can do this" and "we can do that" bigger better resolution fps, etc
>"I just think we're gonna end up seeing more of the same. The new systems won't magically fix industry stagnation"

Little did either of us know that we would LITERALLY be getting more of the same with a sea of remasters and ports. Why is this allowed?

can you force HBAO+ in every game?
i love that shit

Fallout 4 looked like shit and barely had shadows which triggers me and at least HBAO+ "adds" some

dead space is a video game masterpiece. not perfect, but very damn close.

>the sun

Got you senpai

>Remastered
I hate this meme

remasters should be used for games that came out on ps2 or ps1 not 7th gen consoles

If I like RE4 and games like it, would I like Dead Space 1-3?

yes very similar combat

why the fuck do you need a remaster of the game that looks more than fine by modern standards?

I would rather have a Dead Space reboot, or a real Dead Space 3 that isn't shit.

Nice timing, OP. Playing an Impossible run as we speak. Trigger warning,after dusting off my xbone and seeing that I could download as part of the backwards compatibility program. Only achievement I never got was the one for clearing impossible mode. Fulfilling that dream after 8 years of regret.

I liked it, like I would a campy movie.
I played co-op with a friend.
Co-op made it super easy, and we just cracked jokes about the story.
Good times.
The game felts best when you were outside in the snow.
Then again I'm a big fan of The Thing, so that might have something to do with it.
But the best part was any elevator ride turned into a two man combat roll/ stomping party.

What do you think is most likely in the year or two?

>Dead Space 4
>Dead Space 1 and or 2 remastered
>Dead Space Reboot

>tfw foam finger

same

Hoy about a whole new Dead Space game? I'm sick of this "REMASTER EVERYTHING" generation.

The "sniper rifle" type weapon is great. It does a shit load of damage and sort of "breaks the rules" regarding killing enemies only via dismemberment. Chest shots wtf pwn enemies and it fucking destroys any enemy with those big yellow weakpoints on their limbs, like the hulks.

Because it will snowball into the precedent that DLC has become. It's to the point now where Developers release unfinished games, and milk the full thing as DLC.

Constant unneeded remasters will set the precedent to not polish your game, and double your income for the effort.

I've never played a single Dead Space game and this thread has gotten me to start downloading the first game.

It's been sitting in my library for years Cred Forums, am I in for something good?

you joking google?

youre in for the thing in space, in other words pure video game kino

Dead Space 1 is great. One of my favorite games from last generation.

Dead Space 1 is very good, and the second one is even better.

Dead Space 1 is fantastic fun
Dead Space 2 is less fun because they showed their entire hand during Dead Space 1.
Dead Space 3 is Resident Evil 5 of Dead Space

Stop gargling the same diarrhea over and over again. Why the fuck do you idiots keep asking for remasters and sequels

I'm pretty excited. Does the game perform well using a controller? If I could get comfy in bed playing a spooky game that would be awesome

Reboot. EA didnt "remaster" Mirrors Edge or the Mass Effect games.

controller works fine, you may have some trouble in a later section though.
kb/m work good if you fix the mouse settings. checkplay on hard for your first run if you can, you'll have the most fun.

I just started another playthrough tonight.

Does anyone have personal presets they can share? I'm interested in tweaking the lighting a little bit. Add to the atmosphere of the game.

Would you say sweetfx and injectsmaa or does ENB work with it?

>tfw want to replay Dead Space 1
>remember all the jump scares

It's already happening, you are too late

who linegun master race here?

>it another vidya thread about a game or game series that is forever dead due to extremely retarded executive decisions
When will it end? Why can't I just move on?

Consider turning the music off, it's not that great, and the game relies on it for many scares. It's kind of nice without music, it's just you, the ship, and the monsters. The ship makes lots of rhythmic noises too, so it's not just silence.

because backwards compatibility is not the standard for consoles yet

>Beating Hardcore No-Death run of DS2
>Finally finish in one seating
>No Foam Finger

fuck you and fuck your marker
is the multiplayer worth a go or is it dead to shit

Just hack it and get the finger unlocked with a config file from the internet, the PC version is notoriously buggy with unlocks

Most i got out of multiplayer was 2v2, i got dropped out of the game randomly then quit, it was fun while it worked though.

>tfw want to replay DS1 after buying a higher quality machine than a fucking toaster
>remember the asteroid belt

Not particularly hard. Just tedious.

Really, fucking tedious.

It was a very fun but a lot of people, myself included, hated the way they gutted the characters and setting

Asteroid belt is really fucking easy if you're using a mouse though;

Wait I thought they Patched that shit? Wasn't it you couldn't get anything NG+ Related?

I.E. Elite Suits

They never patched it, EA doesn't giva a fuck.