Original Xbox had some of the best exclusives on it, Thinking about going to Goodwill to buy one

Original Xbox had some of the best exclusives on it, Thinking about going to Goodwill to buy one

Anyone play Blinx and games like Whacked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THd0M58tw7E
youtube.com/watch?v=70B2s_8V0LQ
youtu.be/7_cEA9MsrvA
youtu.be/E0aywACPXwU
youtube.com/watch?v=Vczpo1N7-7k
youtube.com/watch?v=ydy_HY37pWY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Both of those where good, yeah.
But how can you forget the best game for it,hell, one of the best games ever created.
Jet Set Radio Future.

blinx is shit, i dont understand why people like that game when voodoo vince shits all over it. whacked is also pretty bad but thats because the controls are really awful and the gameplay is repetitive. but it is a unique game and its kind of funny so theres that.

because it has a cute cat in it

Mate... Just shut the fuck up

They're two different beasts, though. Blinx is the Sonic Adventure 1 to Vince's Banjo-Kazooie: level-by-level completion versus hubs and collecting five different kinds of collectible. Vince has better music on the whole, though.

Blinx 2 was better, but it's a damn shame that they held your hand so hard.

I only played the demo to blinx 2 and voodoo vince.
Is the fucking og xbox emulator done? I really don't want to fuck with a xbox and hack it to play some of the best exclusive games out there.
Wish they just port the dam game to pc.

this.

christ, this.
it'll probably never happen or it is years away for some reason.

Voodoo vince is one of the reasons to get an Xbox
Such a wondeful game

there will never be a properly working og xbox emulator because xbox has a weird architecture and there isnt enough interest on the console. if you dont feeling like modding one then buy a modded one. modding an og xbox is so easy i wouldnt be surprised if there were more modded xboxs than unmodded

Pretty much every console has weird architecture.

not really

I've seen at least three of these threads in the past 24 hours. I believe they're stealth furry threads.

Y-You know WHAT...F-FUCK YOU ALRIGHT!
T-THERE STILL HOPE!
youtube.com/watch?v=THd0M58tw7E

>tfw we will never ever get unique 3d platformers with fun characters and creative stuff
Fucking hurts. Shit like Yooka and Laylee is even more generic than any of platformers before 2010.

>Shit like Yooka and Laylee is even more generic
People like you make me glad 3D platformers are dead and Blinx bombed.

yeah, yooka and laylee feels really soulless but i hope playtonic can pull it off

Is it really that easy to find a cheap Xbox?
I have the late version that is eventually destined to die, but it's still working right now.
I'm worried that when it does die, I won't be able to find one.

FUCK that final boss rush, could never clear it . was a great game tho. Really wanted the sequel but never got around to it

buy the Ty series

>I have the late version that is eventually destined to die

i thought the later models had a better capacitor

We need more games with cute cats.

They are selling for like 40$ with a buncha games on ebay

>soulless
The fuck is this even supposed to mean?

I don't have any nostalgia for it.

it is easy to find a cheap xbox but thats because nobody really gives a shit about the xbox right now. as time goes on, and the kids who grew up with the xbox or during the 6th gen get real jobs and a family they will feel nostalgia for it and want to buy an xbox. thats when prices start increasing, it happened with 4th gen, 5th gen, and it will definitely happened with 6th gen. hell, dreamcast is already rising in prices.

i was born in 96' and it was basically my first console besides the hand me down n64. im buying an xbox right now

I'm a yuropoor and bought a modded xbox with two OG douks and a bunch of games including gta san andreas.

Playing JSRF and Cold fear (a decent res4 ripoff with awful gunsounds set almost entirely on a moving ship, before resident evil did it) alone was a treat.

I made an OG Xbox mod tutorial, you won't have to search everywhere for details. Add a new hard drive and thousands of games. youtube.com/watch?v=70B2s_8V0LQ

When/If I do get a new Xbox, I'll have to do this to get everything including all that weird/rare shit like Metal Wolf Chaos and Nine

In many ways the original Xbox was a carryover from the Dreamcast.

Xbox live had some really unique things going on that the PS2 couldn't really play on. Mechassault for example was nuts on the original live. An arcade mech game like that had never been seen before and I miss it.

Yes, youll need to follow to guide so you can add a new hard drive to add those xbox games without the discs, I have around 200 Xbox games on mine.

>Crimson Skies
>Voodoo Vince
>Morrowind
>Max Payne
>Max Payne 2
>Halo
>Halo 2
>JSRF/Sega GT 2002
>Unreal 2
>Spider-Man 2
>Whacked
>MechAssault

Other than MechAssaul 2 and Panzer Dragon Orta, what am I missing? I'm working hard on getting Dark Corners of the Earth, Metal Wolf Chaos, and Steel Battalion.

sweet thanks

ninja gaiden

MechAssault 1 and 2's multiplayer was great

Otogi 1 and 2

Good choices. You should also try to find Ninja Gaiden Black. I don't remember if Cel Damage was exclusive, but it was pretty cool too.

Kung Fu Chaos. It's cheesy, but fun.

So many nights spent Lanning Xbox consoles with friends in high school. Halo, Halo 2, Mechassault, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell multi was a blast.

Hell we set up a Halo 2 lan for a garbage party one time (that's where you take a literal garbage can,put a huge plastic bag in it, then fill it with everclear, vodka and a bunch of fruit juice).

It was a big house that he was leasing with some friends. People just traded controllers all night (including their girlfriends where half of them didn't know what the fuck they were doing) and played and got drunk all night. The early 2000's were great.

Sounds lovely user.
I should recommend my friends to hold one of these garbage parties.

Go ghetto or go homu.

Here's a couple of old gems I captured from old Xbox Demo Discs a while back
youtu.be/7_cEA9MsrvA
youtu.be/E0aywACPXwU

Klonoa?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vczpo1N7-7k

Phantom Dust is the best game on the original xbox.

Can't wait for the reboot, still hoping they pursue a sequel

Armed and dangerous. Guy fawkes bombs, black hole grenades, the landshark gun, a badass jetpack that lets you glide after the initial jump, a survival mode that lets you use all the weapons to their fullest extent, the worst part about it are the sections that force you to operate a turret.

The original Xbox definitely had a different feel than anything else at the time. And it certainly was not replicated by it's descendants 360 & Xbone.

I had a great time playing the monthly Demo Discs, Jet Set Radio Future, ToeJam & Earl III, Voodoo Vince, Shenmue II, Tony Hawk, etc.

My only regrets are not being able to have good enough internet for Xbox Live at the time and True Fantasy Live Online never coming out
youtube.com/watch?v=ydy_HY37pWY

This is actually pretty good.

You should grab Azurik.
That's a comfy game to play

This

seconding Otogi 1 & 2 as well as Kung Fu Chaos
adding Shenmue II, ToeJam & Earl III, & the Burger King Trilogy

blinkx, mad dash, kung foo chaos.

Fucking Xbox was supposed to bring back their original IPs but all they give us is Crackdown.

Zapper

Fusion Frenzy

fucking forgot about that game

kingdom under fire heroes and crusaders
timesplitters 2 and 3

Not an Xbox exclusive, but I still fuckin loved it

We need more games with cute kemoshota baits in them

That too, but Kemoshota is not for sexual.

cause it's a new game?

>Goodwill to pick up an Xbox

Wait for it, just saving the thread from deletion

Been a second-hand Xbox fan since 2002, through my friend. It had the best exclusives of any console of its generation.

Fast-forward to 2015, and I see an OG Xbox for $5 at Goodwill. Natch I snatch that shit up. Get back and try out some Xbox games I'd accumulated from second-hand shops, and they don't read. The console works but the DVD drive is dead.

The console has Jamal Somethingorother scrawled on it. Upon opening it up to diagnose the issue, I find a ~6 cm high rusted section. The entire fucking thing had been submerged in water for some time. This is in Phoenix, where only marginal areas are at flood risk.

What gets me is the Goodwill also had a $15 Gaylo Speshul Edition Xbox that looked immaculate at the same time, that I missed out on. Someone snatched it up a few hours after I saw it.

so many fucking memories...

what do you mean?

see

The console Sims games from that gen were surprisingly good

>Otogi 1 and 2
>Panzer Dragoon Orta
>Phantom Crash
>Phantom Dust
>Blinx 1 and 2

Xbox had some cool fucking exclusives.

I enjoyed it for the most part. Buying new and upgraded vacuums or better damage resistant clothing always took a shit load of grinding, though.

It was a pretty challenging game, from what I remember.

Fuzion Frenzy was a neat game but the whole "choose to cash your orbs or gamble them!" gimmick with the shitty fighting mechanics rekt it.

The minigames were 10x better than mario party though

Why they haven't made a new Fusion Frenzy with online boggles me.

They did for the xbox 360 but it sucked balls

Phantom Crash is the best mech game that literally no one played; must have imo

Fuck, I forgot how great some of the Xbox's lineup was.