Ready player one style loot

Anyone here read this book?

The protag gets all kinds of interesting and unique loot.

Are there any games with crazy game changing loot like that?

damn.. That's some nice loot

This is one of the worst books I've ever tried to read

It kind of insinuated that the golden era of gaming was commodore 64 or earlier arcade games.

No references to SNES or even NES era.

Also the Ultraman.

It must have been written for a much older generation of gamer.

>that 80's wank
>that horrible romance
>that fat, gay, black woman with an RV
>the blatant self-inserted protagonist

I tolerated it at first. The setting in real life and online were interesting but it all came tumbling down as soon as the love interest was introduced.

Godawful shoehorned cringey romance subplot.

Bullshit cliffhanger ending.

DUDE
80's
LMAO

Cred Forums doesn't read.

I've seen actual arguments from people here that books are irrelevant and therefore one SHOULDN'T read too.

What about the loot?

Closest I've found is Terraria. Rocket boots and space guns, next to swords and spell books. Pretty sick.

There needs to be a Diablo style action RPG where you can turn into Ultraman or fly around in a delorean.

I would only read this book if they took money from the author.

Dude seemed like a huge douche on that ET special.

I read it this summer because I got the book for free and had literally nothing else to read. It wasn't bad, but I know Cred Forums is going to call it SJW and hipster and probably throw a few cucks in there.

I really like the whole 'earning a mecha from any anime of your choice' thing though. I got kind of tingly at the mech fight near the end.

I think it portrayed sperglord romance pretty well. And I like how it turned the H thing on its head since he (she I guess) had a very liberal, man-hating mom but then her mom turned out to be just as prejudiced. It was a nice change of pace.

The only really awesome thing that I remember him getting was the extra life token which was basically just a plot device.

Not really loot but something similar to the legendary treasure the dev left in the game for whoever found it.

In a game called Tibia, there is a door that only a level 999 player can open.

For 19 years no one knew what was behind this door because reaching level 999 was just such a monumental task, until recently.

One player managed to actually reach level 999 despite being constantly griefed by people trying to undermine him. He walked in, came out, then logged off.

I've heard a savage evisceration of this book and it's author
Total narcissist dbag

where?

Who gives a shit about the creator? It's the content that matters.

You fags obsess over creators far too much.

I somehow read through this entire book, but I felt ill the entire time. Everything about this "novel" is retarded.

I've read some excerpts and I think I can safely say that fucking Twilight was written better.
There's a page where he just lists a bunch of things he read, watched and played. A straight up, unadulterated page of shoutouts for no reason but "CHECK OUT ALL THESE EPIC NAME DROPS!!!".

It was written by a 44 year-old.

Yeah, that could get really tedious and annoying. I appreciated the level of detail in some respects because the author didn't just pull out fake vidya or fake shows for the various plot points, but goddamn did I get tired of reading about random arcade and movie trivia.

Also the ending felt really rushed. Like the author forgot that you needed a low point and then a climax so it comes in the last 50 pages of the book or so.

I don't even own a television. Podcast.
You might find them pretentious but I loved it

>A page of full of 80s and 90s pop culture cock sucking
I'm amazed at how he managed to sound like an insufferable faggot, and then top himself by the next line.
>Hey guys I saw the GOONIES haha yeah, remember that little number? How about THIS, BAM, KUBRICK
>Oh you thought I was done I was just gett- I N D I A N A J O N E S STAR WARS BACK TO THE FUTURE I'M NOT EVEN DONE YET

>play mmo for years
>reach max level just recently
>finally enter sekrit area specially made for max levels
>only a sing post inside, where you can read a single sentence
>"lmao u're a faget"
>get out of area
>log off
>contemplate how you wasted all these years, as a teenager/young adult, in a shit toy for kids with online capabilities full of faggots
>de-install video game
>seriously consider suicide

That's kind of badass. What was inside?

>s and I think I can safely say that fucking Twilight was written better.
>There's a page where he just lists a bunch of things he read, watched and played.

Who stopped playing video games once they got good?

None of the games we grew up on are mentioned at all. Wouldn't there be some mention of it in the far future?

Atleast a Baldur's Gate reference. Richard Garriot or something.

What's worse, this or that farting minecraft ebook?

This book just shows that nothing good ever comes out of fedoras.

this book is SO bad, but the loot idea is pretty cool. I don't remember all of them, but I do think there was a random coin in an arcade that ended up being an extra life. that's cool stuff. there should be an MMO where each server has one random item placed somewhere in the world that isn't highlighted or anything, and only one person in the server can get it and it has a 1 time unique effect