What will happen once video games hit photo-realistic graphics but can no longer advance beyond that?

What will happen once video games hit photo-realistic graphics but can no longer advance beyond that?
Video game companies have used graphic fidelity as their biggest selling point since the Atari.

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/943409
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i want jennyposters to leave.

>but can no longer advance beyond that?
Wrong. You can always enhance the graphics even if it becomes unnoticeable.

They'll start using nice Aesthetic graphics

They'll continue the trend of turning vidya into boring movies.

I like Jenny

Of course we'll go beyond photo realistic. Blu rays have done it and people lap that shit up.

Jenny will get a game.

I also like Jenny but avatarfags gotta go

Die you degenerate Barneyfag
derpibooru.org/943409

they move one on to the genres that have never been done with photo realism

Could you just imagine giant anime robot fighting games with not only them graphics, but the feel of the gravity and the forces of the movement and punches
Sci fi giant robot game with souls type gameplay when

Not a chance

NO WE WILL GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND Photo-realistic VR waifus

Stuff like AI, game logic, more systems, destructibility...

If you want photorealism, movies have existed for decades.

Why does OP keep making XJ9 threads?

I wonder if developers will really bother with that, that kind of thing is not nearly as marketable as better graphics and most people don't want complex games.

They can always enhance graphics somehow. We are nowhere near afforadable photorealistic games right now and even when we do reach that point physics and other parts of a game can always be improved.
And getting closer to photo realism isn't the objective of every game ever developed. A lot of times a good artistic style to a game is better than muh graphix

lammy threads became shitposting magnets so he has to find a new waifu to defile

Well shit i guess theyll have to focus on gameplay, new mechanics, and storytelling. Focusing on graphics is a big issue with games today anyway. Most games that try to feel hyper realistic just fall short and end up feeling forced and clunky. When i want to watch tv ill do that. In the meantime stop trying to wow me with something ill get bored looking at after a few hours and start focusing on entertaining us for years to come with something tangible. I played San Andreas for years and every character in that games fingers were glued together for fucks sake. Sometimes cars and buildings didnt appear until i drove into them. And i dealt with stupid shit like that graphics wise because the game itself was amazing.

die

They'll start using abstract graphics, like what happened with art.

it wont happen, the industry will crash again by then

There won't be a crash, deal with it you delusional retard.

Graphic development will never be 'done'. If the industry produces a photorealistic game that runs at 60 FPS, the next hurdle will be making one that runs at 144 FPS, then 240, then 480, etc.

Framerate is really very important, it's just that slight amount less important than graphics that devs are neglecting it for now. If you've ever seen 144hz you know it's impossible to go back.

stylistic games will become the niche mainly cel shading.

accurate

Wont be about photorealism, it will be all about the gay and "deep" artstyle they use. They've always been able to find ways to hide how shitty their game is, they'll keep doing it. Unless people start pushing for downloadable demos (which they wont, because most everyone is a fucking idiot) the modern gaming scene will continue but with slightly abstract textures.

Your waifu is bad and you should feel bad.

wow what a thoughtful and thorough rebuttle

you definitely made your point, i admit i was wrong

Barneyfag is the hero we deserve.

>normal

Hyper realism, the games will look more real than real. It will be the newest and greatest generation of graphics. Hyper realistic blood will become a reality.

Well that was kind of creative.

Die you degenerate Barneyfag
That's a humanized Moondancer.
derpibooru.org/943409