Which one Cred Forums?

I want to get started on the Souls series

Which one should i start with?

demons souls

Demon's souls obv.

Demon's probably but Dark is a good start too.

Always play in release order

I'm not OP, but I know DeS and DaS1 are good, but should I skip DaS2 and DaS3, because I only hear awful things about them?

demon souls, then dark souls, then dark souls 3 then bloodborne, then dark souls 2

>Playing meme souls

Don't.
This game isn't for everyone. It's a purely gameplay-focused hack and slash game, like a 3D golden axe with some exploration.
If you prefer story-focused games with barebones gameplay you're going to have a bad time.

DaS2 is the less polished. DaS3 is the most "safe" one. Both games are still fantastic and you should play them.

Demon's Souls

Dark Soul and Bloodborne is the only mandatory in the Soul series. Just pick one of them.

Bloodborne.
Don't believe these faggots

3 was my first game and when I tried to play the first I couldnt even give a fuck after the second boss
It is just a technical piece of shit. 2 is also an eyesore.
Really people just usually end up liking the first game they play most. Not just in souls but any series

You can skip das2 if you really want but das3 is fine.

DaS 2 is good, but heavily flawed.
DaS 3 is amazibg. Play Bloodborne too

Demon's Souls is mandatory even if you're not planning to play the other games.

they each are fun in their own right, but don't try to compare them to DeS or DaS. the mechanics change a bit too much. DaS's strong point is the story and environment, DaS2's strong point is the combat, and DaS3 takes some inspiration from bloodborne and mixes it with DaS

Demons, some of the mechanics are improved in Dark, and you won't be able to appreciate it as much if you play Dark first.

Dark 2 and 3 are 100% worth playing. People exaggerate it because they aren't as good as Dark 1 or BB, still goty material games though.

No, you should play all of them in order and then base your own opinions upon your game experiences. Start with Dark Souls if you can't find or gain access to a copy of Demon's.

Then you can finally join everyone else in shitslinging whenever either DaS2 and DaS3 are mentioned. It's the true end game of the SoulsBourne series: meta-PvP.

But seriously, they're all enjoyable. Have fun with them, user.

Every souls game is fantastic dont let others tell you otherwise.

This includes bloodborne.

Yes, even 2 is great.

Probably Dark Souls, and then Demons if you liked it enough to play a more dated version.

Probably skip DS2. Though many who start with DS2 say its the best. It's a very different game, with some neat ideas but the worlds shit and so is the floatiness.

Then BB and DS3 in any order if you like the series enough to continue. The DLC in all the games is very much worth it. Better than the base game each time.

>starting with Dark Souls
cancer

People shit on certain games but when each one is so similar you have to split hairs to compare them. It's entirely objective depending on which elements you prioritize when judging a game.

DaS2 is really rough around the edges and feels like it needed another year of development.

DaS3 has a very weak beginning, perhaps the weakest in the series, but it gets much better later. It also is the most reference heavy, but since it concludes the series it kind of has to be.

>subjective
FUCK

Demons then Dark 1-3, then BB as its the best in the series and a nice breath of fresh air from the fantasy setting of DaS.

>It's a another "what order should I play [game series] in?" thread

holy shit these are fucking worst

you literally always play them in release order, you dont play the 3rd one then the 1st one then the 4th one or any other retarded order

DeS-DaS-DaS3-Bloodborne

plays DaS2 if you really want more after that

Play in release order. If you start with the newer ones, you will get too used to the fluid controls and will have a hard time playing the older, clunkier games.

Demon Souls is the first one released, it is also said by many the most difficult.
Bloodborne for the PS4, and remember its an exclusive, its the most friendly.

I would say that you can start with Demon, if you feel too hard go to BB,
Dark Souls is the most lore/story heavy, it is also the one that gives you more options. The first one is an improvement and spiritual sucessor to Demon souls

I hope this helps

>its the most friendly
It's not though, Orphan is still the hardest boss in the series

Bottom line is, if you are going to play just ONE game, go for Dark Souls, Prepare to Die Edition, which is masterwork.

You don't get to decide what the bottom line is.

lol you for real?

Demons is arguably the easiest due to unlimited healing items and magic.

Bloodborne has Gascoigne, easily the most difficult first mandatory boss. A lot of people agree that Orphan is the hardest boss in the souls games.

>tfw you beat orphan on your second try with no prior knowledge and recorded the evidence

If you can play them all in chronological order.

>inb4 whirligig

Why does Dark Souls look so ass for a game that was released in 2012

i think i either used kirkhammer or ludwigs holy blade, cant remember

Demon's. And then just in release order.
And skip das2

Et voilĂ , you had the best souls experience possible

Play 3 because it doesn't look like shit

Why are the games so ugly

xplain

Just play Bloodborne and call it a day. It's the best game of them all.

Because game play is more important than graphics

Play them in release order, Demon's Souls is a great appetizer for Dark Souls and if you start with that one you'll be a lot more able to tell which of its successors are good or bad

Because they look bad

Das2 > Das3 > Bloodborne > DeS > DaS.

Just stop posting, please

Use that image for reference, go from left to right
That's the best order

Dark souls was truly the masterpiece of the series.

>best atmosphere of the whole series
>loads of different areas accessible early in the games
>way less forgiving than the other games of the series with the humanity system
>the areas you're exploring are way bigger than in the other games
>Dark Souls own the best covenant of the series
>the bosses were the hardest (or maybe I just got better)

The only inconvenience is that you cannot re-stat your character.

>all these faggots telling you to start with Demons or Dark Souls

Start at the beginning faggot, King's Field

DaS2 is the best in the series. Don't fall for the meme.

>lore/story heavy

It's fucking fanfiction.net tier

>Doesn't like an opinion
>'Stop posting'
How embarrassing

if you want to actually enjoy all of them go by release dates, you will notice minor changes that make the game better and it will draw your focus to that instead of whether or not the game is actually better. for instance, dark souls 2 overall is better than 3 in just about every way except for movement, so when you go from 2 to 3 you will notice it a lot.

Saving the worst for last??? Why???

quit injecting your subjective opinions into this you fucking faggots

OP play in release order and make up your own mind about each game. Don't listen to anyone say which is best, decide for yourself. Stop reading this thread and play the fucking games, dont spoil anything, dont look up anything. Don't even read the rest of my post.

also >ds2 is better than ds3
dark souls 2 is pure fucking garbage all the way through. If you think it's anything other than the lowest point in the series you need to fucking kill yourself.

don't play dark souls 1

the protag is a loser virgin who doesn't even have his own maiden!

Are you capable of producing a single independent thought or are memes the only thing you can spew out of your mouth?