Skyrim: RemasTURD

>a month and a half until release
>no news, videos or pics
>no advertising

Where were you when Bethesda dropped the ball even harder than with fallout 4?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39450/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/moddescription/?id=39450&preview=&pUp=1
youtu.be/yC5jKA4vMi4?t=13s
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/943/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/820/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It will sell as well as FFXV.
Screencap this post.

>Skyrim prints money for no effort
>FO4 sold more than Skyrim
>"Dropped the ball"

Just because they're bad games doesn't mean they dropped the ball. They only want sales.

>>FO4 sold more than Skyrim
I doubt it.

>No mods on PS4

No one even fucking wants it anymore. I'll pick it up for 15$ max and that's only because my 360 version doesn't work anymore.

>Skyrim is a bad game

When will this meme die?

Never on Cred Forums. We think every game is bad here. We're contrarians!

pics or videos are meaningless. the only thing that matters is under the hood convenience changes like true 64 bit, possibly having the whole game under one esm, and other handy things. any graphical changes are meaningless since the community has already surpassed anything beth could ever do.

>mfw bought a key for legendary edition today for $10 just to see how 64 bit helps with modding
im pathetic. I havent even played skyrim since 2012 and never bought dlc until now

I just hate ENB; maybe the new graphics technologies will make it easier to mod in engine

kill yourselves. it's bad at literally everything that composes the game
>quests
>combat
>magic
>items
>enemies
>ai
>city design
are all extremely, extremely sub par. and 99% of that shit can't even be fixed with mods

call me when remastered looks good as this

It will look better If modders support it and utilize the engine upgrades

It will hopefully be more stable and perform better for those reasons too.

This. FO4 was stupidly stable even after 200+ mods and having that functionality for Skyrim is nothing but a good thing. Don't get me wrong the game on it's own isn't great but modded Skyrim is a different story.

idk apparently the lighting in f4 is all kinds of fucked modding wise.

The enb guy boris said its so bad that any lighting mod will never get even close to what enb in 2011 skyrim gets.,

the irony is how many mods it will take to unfuck the new fog and piss filter and restore it back to normal to where you can start making it look good.

>If modders support it and utilize the engine upgrades
The only reason they will is if beth roll out the paid mods, which is getting much more likely with every move they make
Having a big community will help too, but who knows how many people on PC will give a shit since they already own it

It'll probably look better with the same mods, there's some things ENB just can't do.

lol no, all they did was add a piss filter and god rays. They also added in slightly higher textures.

>They also added in slightly higher textures.

you mean they just integrated the free "high res" texture dlc from years ago.

yeah that's it, at least it will a higher res then mine craft texture packs.

I bet all the bugs/shitty animations etc will still be there. I saw comments thinking they would add more dlc??? what the fuck.

If they've converted it to Fallout 4's engine, then no it's not just a a piss filter and god rays.
Plus a 64 bit engine.

Exact opposite, there will be no DLC.
Plus updated snow, water, and rain shaders, and Fallout 4's lighting system. Try as ENB might, it can't increase the dynamic light source cap. And that's not going into the under-the-hood stuff with a 64 bit engine (such as larger minimum cell size)

i just hope it doesn't have that waxed over hazy look that fallout 4 has.

Is there a way to get Skyrim running without Steam? I have the game on disc if that helps.

You can use a crack.

I was the biggest bethesda fanboy until skyrim came out, theres just something about it

fuck i hate f4's lighting, how could they look at that and be" yup that looks fine"

>If modders support it and utilize the engine upgrades
they wont
most modders have moved away from skyrim

>>FO4 sold more than Skyrim
No

Honestly, it's a hell of a lot better than vanilla Skyrim's.

>hype built around ps4 mods
>in sony's power hungry kik fest of shitty ps4 "upgrades" and price raises, they tell Bethesda to fuck off
>they're just ashamed now and silently releasing it with their heads between their legs
Feel bad, user

It appeals to normies

games from 2003 have better lighting, vanilla skyrim is one of the worst looking games I've ever played.

>It will be using the Fallout 4 updated engine
>It will have performance raping volumetric lighting and x64 tessellated god rays
>It won't have DX12 or Vulkan support
KeK

I really fucking hope so. It would be shitty as hell if they 'updated' the engine to 64 bit and do jack shit with it other than adding some post process bullshit that looks about as good as an amateur ENB mod.

Woah, what mod is that senpai?

And is it any good?

Well I mean
It's not like you're paying for it, it's free for PC users.

That would assume I paid for Skyrim at all.

Clouds in front of mountains always look amazing to me.

It's a still image filtered through another program to specifically make it look like that. Playing the game in motion will look nothing like that and still looks like shit.

T. 4K res, two nvidia 980s, 16gb of ram computer having geek

Even if you had a PC that could handle those graphics, the skyrim engine would either crash every few minutes or you would get about 6fps. The skyrim engine can't handle super modern graphics, I've even gone into the .ini files and maxed everything out and the engine just can't handle it.

Those are some amazing clouds, what mod is it?

Looks like Real Clouds.

I know they do, that's why I'm asking which mod it is you fucking retarded Jew nigger

That's the name of the mod, moron.
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39450/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/ajax/moddescription/?id=39450&preview=&pUp=1

Holy Fucking shit it just says "Real Clouds" omfg kys

are you having a stroke right now?

alt start mod
nope getting 30ish to 40 fpos outside solid 60 inside, no ctds in a long time.

>overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam
>critically acclaimed by many reviewers
>considered one of the best games of all time
Why do people love Skyrim so much? The game is boring and dull as hell and I didn't bother finishing it because I lost interest after 33 hours.

mods, plain and simple.

God the mountains look really awful. All that jaggy rocks on them don't make it better. Real mountains are supposed to have a lot of smooth slopes because of erosion, they don't just consist of alot edges. I honestly prefer the mountains in Oblivion.

Because reviewers and normies don't play past the first couple of hours where everything is still new and exciting.

lrn2roleplay

>If they've converted it to Fallout 4's engine
>Fallout 4's engine

nice try Todd
we know its still shitty gamebryo

>mods
I doubt that the majority of the normies even know how to find the game folder on their computer.

>normalfags
>able to dig deep enough to roleplay

you do realize that many of the mods on the nexus have millions of unique downloads.

And yet normalfags fucking love Skyrim.

>he uses invented porcentages

Normal fags do know about mods. There are hundreds of videos about mods on youtube. Skyrim Nexus have millions of individual downloads.

>I doubt that the majority of the normies even know how to find the game folder on their computer.

skyrim averages like 30-40k players 24 hours a day for the past 5 years and modding is literally potato proof

All I want out of this is cloth/hair physics since it's using FO4's engine.

Side question, can someone explain to me the current climate around FO4 mods? Do you still have to change the .ini to use them if they're not from Bethesda?

ITT a bunch of sad fucks high fiving each other over how contrarian they are.

I wish every one of your whore mothers had drowned you in your sleep.

according to bethesda, the majority of skyrim players havent installed a single mod

I've never played skyrim and i plan to pirate the remastered edition because i don't own all the dlc to get it for free

>there are tens of thousands of gamers who play and love Skyrim vanilla
how

>Skyrim Nexus have millions of individual downloads.

they're gonna skyrocket past 1 billion when the SE comes out, its crazy how much people play the game

Most fun I ever had in skyrim was, by no pure coincidence, a playthrough where I essentially didn't do any questing at all. Played as a khajit alchemist in search of the greatest skooma recipe.

>Travel around without fast travel/bus system
>Picking up random ingredients, mixing shit around
>Eventually get a feel for where certain things grow, learning which rocks are hiding what goodies and efficient ways to gather materials for paralysis potions for self defense
>As I travel around I learn how beautiful the world is, start getting treehugger instincts and developing an extreme sense of comfy whilst foraging in the woods
>Travel from city to city peddling my potions, improving my relations with local shopkeeps and helping them out with things
>Whenever I encountered an enemy I'd chug 30 random potions and, if not paralyzed, would unleash my crack addict fury on them
>Bump into khajit caravans and enjoy idle chat whilst buying more skooma

Shit man, it was the comfiest I've been in a long time.I even had a little notebook nearby to mark where I found certain ingredients. Skyrim might have been a shit game but the folks that developed the alchemy system and built the physical world deserve a medal.

Wouldn't mind going through a similar playthrough with beefed up graphics.

It's fun, user. And it's unique -- there's nothing out there quite like a Bethesda game.

Yeah, there are some issues with the way they've streamlined their series but in the end, it's a unique experience and a product no one else has.

For a lot of people, Skyrim is what 'got them into' RPGs. You have to keep in mind that these are the same people who got into gaming thanks to shallow shooters of the previous gen (Halo on Xbox, mostly) and the, then, current gen. Skyrim was when they decided "Hmmm... I like shooters and all but I want MORE from my video games" and Skyrim presented them with a 'depth' that was more than their regular shooters offered. To them, shit is literally the biggest and deepest games they've ever played.

Then the same market also wanted their games to be meaningful too, hence why they think Bioshock Infinite has a deep as fuck story for smart gamers and all that shit. It's just a case of the majority not knowing any better and the 'game journalists', as they like to be known, feeds this because it earns them revenue too.

And now we're in an age of remasters because the industry doesn't know where to take the market to anymore. You can't dumb down a game like Skyrim and Fallout 4 anymore since that would be too much, leading to them losing more customers (maybe even losing the whole market as more and more people start to find themselves not even enjoying the games they're playing and so leave the market entirely). At the same time, the industry is also getting more and more expensive as tech advances are made. Games are getting more expensive to develop as well as taking a longer time to be made too. Adding to that the fact they also become outdated a whole lot faster, the pressure on AAA developers increases resulting in less risks taken as a whole.

So, the best they can do is to just remaster a bunch of 'classics' to keep the market there. As this is done, the bigwigs release 1 or 2 AAA games in a year since that's all they can afford to do now. With a bunch of smaller games (and remasters of older titles) that blends together into a bland stopgap to keep the market from leaving.

So many normies I work with still play skyrim vanilla to this day.

Normalfags just download the Frostmourne or 1 naked mod.

>experience
How do you define the word "experience"?

which one is the remaster?
i really don't want extra fog and gold tinted

What's actually wrong with gamebryo?

Memes

It would be pretty neato if they made more worthy encounters, mods don't really do the game justice. It needs like VA and everything.

It's a much better game to not use fast travel in than Fallout 4/NV/3 and Oblivion. Just how the cities are set out, the actual roads are usually interesting.

These mods fix most of the stuff you are crying about.

>quests
ThirteenOranges mods
Trainwiz mods,

>combat
Ultimate Combat
Duel - Combat Realism
Combat Evolved
VioLens - A Killmove Mod
Archery Gameplay Overhaul
Nock to Tip
Stealth Skills Rebalanced

>Magic
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim
Lost Grimoires of Skyrim
Ancient Spells 2
Colorful Magic
Path of Sorcery - Magic Perk Overhaul
Forgotten Magic Redone
Spell Crafting for Skyrim

>Items
Morrowloot Ultimate
Dynamic Potions
Wintermyst
Harvest Overhaul
Smithing Perks Overhaul
Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
Clothing and Clutter Fixes

>Enemies
Ultimate Dragons
Better Vampires 7.2
Bloodmoon Rising
Moonlight Tales Essentials Overhaul
OBIS
Immersive Patrols
Diverse Dragons Collection 2.0
High Level Enemies
The Walking Dead

>Ai
Revenge of the Enemies
Mortal Enemies
Attack Committement
Dual Wield Parrying
TK Dodge
Extensible Follower Framework
>City design
Expanded Towns and Cities
Dawn of Skyrim Collection
JK's City Overhauls
Helgen Reborn
Legendary Cities

Yeah absolutely. To give the game credit, I did have some fun encounters on the road. Saw some random daedra worshipper attack a mammoth (saving my life in the process), some random fugitive running from a guy he stole from (killed both because they might have dank skooma) and some other stuff. Moments like that made it feel like a good game, very pleasant. Shame there weren't more interesting encounters.

Don't forget Enderal for quests

The engine is not very flexible, I think i remember it wasn't originally made for open-world games to begin

morrowind>skyrim>arena>oblivion>daggerfall

How good is requiem?

they don't really need to waste the money to advertise. everyone and their mother will be buying this again. OP are you retarded?

Is this going to be a thing for Skyrim Remastered too? It used to just be drag and drop.

>What's actually wrong with gamebryo?
Look at all these big alive places full with NPCs in gamebryo games, like Rivet City or The Strip.

>Remaster skyrim
>Literally the only thing they do is add a pissfilter to it and break every single mod for the game
>Within 2 hours modders have already removed the pissfilter and that mod gets 2 million downloads over the next 48 hours.

Seriously though, a side by side comparison shot and I still think the right side, otherwise known as old or current skyrim, looks better than the left side, otherwise known as remastered skyrim

And that's pretty fucking sad.

Nope. In fact, Gamebryo's entire point was to be extremely flexible. It's little more than a series of libraries. Also for something not suited for open world games, it seems to have a surprising number of them, even outside of TES.
Heck, very few engines are naturally suited for open world stuff. Oftentimes you have to code things for persistence yourself. It's a pain.

areaportal support

And i forgot the best mod ever. [spoilerU]se the skeleton + Draugr version[/spoiler]
youtu.be/yC5jKA4vMi4?t=13s

Hope for vr enabled.

modlist

>nodev thinks he has any idea what an engine does
That's like blaming source engine for the low resolution texture of a crowbar.

>modded skyrim looks better than the remaster

why is this a thing

>mfw i want to play this again but i know it's going to take 10 hours of modding to make it playable

Has had it since Fallout 3.

And that technically has nothing to do with the engine. Gamebryo really doesn't handle that side of things, Bethesda's NPC system and stuff was something they coded up themselves. It's not like Unity where all the things are all packaged up for you ahead of time. Shit's barebones.
Regardless, even back in Morrowind the game could always handle a decent number of NPCs before truly exploding.

utter shit

I was under the impression that the only thing bad about it is that it's really outdated and limited these days. Shit is flexible enough for people to create some really great mods like the squad commands and vertibird shit in Fallout 3, the Civil War mod for Skyrim and a ton of other shit. It's just that the amount of scripts you can have running at any given time is limited as fuck despite the average hardware being able to go way beyond the limits of it. FO4, despite having an 'updated engine' artificially limited the modding capabilities for some reason.

I don't have personal experience modding these games in particular, but these are the things that some people who do mod Beth games have claimed when they vent their frustrations regarding the engine. Can anyone confirm or debunk it?

nice bait

It's an outdated engine - it's not what bethesda should be using for a AAA title.

On top of that, bethesda's programmers are fucking awful. Modders for the game are more competent and they're doing it for fucking free.

enderal is an overhaul, not an additional questline

nla enb and sfo/verdunt

I would rather have Oblivion remastered to be honest.

Or remade. Fuck I loved Oblivion.

Me too, user. Me too.

Probably not much with the engine itself, but still plenty with Bethesda's incompetence.
Just look at unofficial patches changelists. Those are things which could easily be fixed on their side (and most of them should have been caught during QA).

False, it had more preorders, however overall sales pale in comparison.

The engine? No, but the game yes.
Fallout 4's papyrus suspension system has nothing to do with the engine, it's not really a limitation to that.
As for being outdated... eh sort of. It's still being updated, but they're still on Gamebryo 4.0.

There seems to be this notion that engines magically make games good or bad, and that switching to another engine would solve any problems in Bethesda games.
Here's a hint: It wouldn't.

>What's actually wrong with gamebryo?

the people using it. people have this wild assumption that a new engine will solve all of tes and fallout problems. no amount of new engines and brilliant middleware can solve beth's lazy as fuck design philosophies, every game is worse than its predecessor and its not because of the engine.

those animations are on anime levels of retarded

>nothinpersonnelkid.webm

that mickey mouse paint game was made on gamebryo

some jap modder made it

my nigga i just bought skyrim for $8 at walmart

is thisthe forum to discuss the game?

seems the dragon dudes be CRAZZYY

And that's the correct answer. Sort of.

>all these nodevs talking about engines.

Yeah, when you put it like that, I might have got engine and scripting engine confused. I was referring to the scripting engine and that's Papyrus, not Gamebryo. I get what you mean though, a lot of people do make that assumption. Gotta keep in mind that a good engine means nothing if the developers are incompetent boobs.

>Trainwiz
>Not a developer

>Papyrus
I think they stealth updated it recently in F4, removing some limits on it. Probably safe to assume that it will be a bit more robust in special edition as well.

He's the one that knows what he's talking about.

Alright, sorry for >implying you user.

I've actually found it MORE laggy, though that could be because I'm spawning around 40 skeletons at once.

Did you even play that fucking trash ?

Yeah, it was better than Skyrim ever was.
What's the matter Todd, mad that germans do it better for free?

>IT'S TREASON THEN

What are the actual good things coming in from the new skyrim redo?

64 bit support? But what does that MEAN, like what does 64 bits instead of 16 bits or wtf skyrim runs on now matter?

You can mod it and let the game use more than 4 gigs of ram before it shits itself

So does that mean it's the death knell of Square-Enix then?

Did you finish it? Main story falls apart the more you're progressing into it.
Side quests are bretty gud though, definitely worth a playthrough, but not more than one.

No more needs for memory patches. Skyrim have a tendency to shit itself when it's too much stuff going on at the same time.

And yet, it was still better than Skyrim's main quest by miles.

better mod support, hopefully better overall performance
also godrays and maybe quickloot
that's pretty much it

>SE
?

special edition, its what the "remaster" is called

yeah undeniably but it's not like it was a high bar to begin with

Will it bomb like Bioshock?

So you're already playing special edition I take it?

>almost all mods will now be broken
>have to wait years for most of them to be fixed or for enough new mods to be made to compensate
>some will be lost forever

So no mods on ps4?

No because they ruin the artist's vision

mods won't be broken
SKSE will be, for maybe a day or so

is there any news if SE replaces your game or acts as a separate title?

It's a different title, won't replace your existing installation or anything.

Separate Title

Mods will have to be recompiled with the new editor, but otherwise they work. Minus SKSE mods for obvious reasons.

Are you delusional enough to think the modding skyrim makes you a non-normalfag?

That doesn't add up right

Skyrim has 23 million copies, Fallout has around 13 million.
Initial sales are more.

probably more preorders, definitely not more sales
they maybe made similar amount of sheckels because skyrim is on sale all the times and f4 is still full price + season passes

do the enderal dudes have any plans to bring it to the SE?

Nope. They made it with their own special version of SKSE in the first place.

alright that's fine, gives me something to play while the other mods are being updated. i dont really expect SE to really playable mod wise until next year.

Trainwiz do you know if there will be quickloot in SE like in F4?

pretty sure they said there would be no new features beyond graphical support

There are Quickloot mods for the normal version of the game.

I need to do some research into how to get rid off weapon/armor crafting and most of the loot. I have a dream of limiting myself almost to death and barely getting by with what little I can find in my travels.

Excess is what kills all the sense of adventure and risk in Skyrim. Wonder if there's a way of deleting all/most of the health potions in the game.

Will the new editor be released day 1?

That's already available as a mod and it works very well.

thanks bros, should have checked out nexus first

citation needed

>advertising for a game thats already out

Its only getting some different lighting and minor changes, we've seen what we're getting, why bother doing anything else? We'll get a launch trailer most likely, why are you so upset about it.

>stand on mountainside
>try to fire arrow at enemy
>it collides with an invisible rock

FFS user try 3dnpc, 2 fucking gig's of good voice acted NPCS added, with good quests and branched dialogue trees. Must have mod, before any other.

When Skyrim gets good ie never

and you call me when you stop getting ctd's due to the shitload of mods you are running

>tfw normies will defend this and buy it
All according to plan

Skyrim is a fucking normie game, what are you on about ? It will also be fucking free who the fuck is going to pay for a graphics update
ITs also convenient as fuck why go through nexus, pick mods for each shit, trees, gras, leaves, tables, carpets, etc etc when there is like 10 mods for each of those things, and you have to go through compatibility issues and bloat issues and all sorts of other fucking hassle, when this DLC will just pick the best, mash them together and you are all set, no problem,

Let's be honest. Is there anyone here that has actually spent more than 10 hrs in any of the Shitthesda games?

>It will sell as well as FFXV.
>when pc users get it for free

>namefag thinking gamebryo is good

>who the fuck is going to pay for a graphics update
consolefriends

But why ?

Because there is no Skyrim on ps4 and xbone?

look at this console generation. Nothing but rehashes

>Not reading the quote chains

It's simply cashing in on the lack of backwards compatibility.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

>doesn't know shit about mountains

Many mountains in northern climates are jagged specifically because of erosion, and how glaciation and ice affects their erosion.

This is probably what they were going for with skyrim, and overdid it because muh fantasy.

Oblivion mountains are the way they are because of a lower polygon budget.

This is sony's fault

Someone needs to refresh my memory on the questlines worth doing in Skyrim

i am so fucking tired of whiterun

>tfw when I liked Skyrim and still reinstall it every once in a while today
>don't understand the autism Cred Forums has over a 5 year old game

>be me
>Pirate Skyrim
>Install 500 mods for a straight week
>Play the game for an hour and realize that a polished turd is stil a turd
>Uninstall this shit
>Buy Witcher 3
>Play Witcher 3 for 150 hours
>No mods needed
>Fantastic game

Everytime.

Speaking of which. I have never paid attention to skyrim modding (played it on console and never had the VRAM for it).

Are there mods that create more/different cities? I couldn't imagine staring at fucking whiterun for this long, modded or otherwise.

I cant figure out witcher 3 combat always get my shit wrecked by some regening werewolf

They were going off of Steam mods, everyone I know just uses the Nexus.

desu, if its actually 64bit it gives more modding potential as the game will be more stable, thats all I care about

>mfw I have witcher3 in my steam library and will start it after I upgrade from my GTX680 which was present for the signing of the Intercursus Magnus
>mfw im leaving now in case someone replies to me with a spoiler

t. pleb who never got into the cloud district

>No mods needed
nope
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/943/?
this one is essential
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/820/?
this one is optional

poor snok ;(

>advertising for a game that everyone interested will get for free
lmao

>he cant even mod properly

fun fact: look at Akatosh, he is a snek swallowing a sword, Talos is a really fucked up god because he is an aspect of akatosh and lorkhan and it gets more complicated the more you think of it

Really good, makes Skyrim an actual RPG. Combat is actually solid -- you don't just left click until they die. Leveled lists are removed, so enemies no longer scale to your level, meaning that enemies will always be the same matter your level. This makes Bleaks Falls Barrow, the first dungeon in the game, only approachable at level 15-20. But if you come in at level 40, let's say, you will fuck shit up. End game content is the Soul Cairn, Apocryphia (Dragonborn isn't natively patched to Requiem -- you need a separate patch that can be found on Nexus), Sovngarde and Skuldafn, and Labyrithian. I can't imagine playing Skyrim without Requiem anymore. There are countless other aspects overhauled in Requiem, including: perks, trading (don't do it naked!), Aedra and Daedra, immersion, even lore. I hope that compatibility with it comes quick to the Remastered. I absolutely recommend Requiem to anyone who enjoys RPGs.

I'm not a contrarian!!

Then what are you supposed to do if not go to BFB right away? Just grind?