Can the ps3 be emulated in 2016 with modern hardware...

Can the ps3 be emulated in 2016 with modern hardware? I've seen videos of shoddy 360 emulation but no ps3 that I'm aware of.

ps3 is on par with the 360 emulator but neither are close to being usable for 99% of their libraries

nobody wants to touch ps3 anymore, not even sony
their cell cpu design was so irregular it was a nightmare to use
they really fucked the dog on that one so ps4 and xbone are closer to emulation success

>emulating the Power of The Cell

Developers couldn't even get their games to work on the actual PS3 there's no way in hell it's going to emulate well

but there's no pamphlet

Classified ads are filled with Xbox 360 and PS3 ads going for $60 each. Most likely games are going for $10-$15 too. That's a pretty good price for things that are guaranteed to work.

you can emulate 1 cpu games that use basic gpu draw calls

anything more complex and its impossible

ps3 wont be emulated for a very long time

>sony systems

>guaranteed to work.

nice one. almost had me there

source?

I have to say PSP and Vita never not worked.

there was some game that was being emulated at a good framerate for ps3
honestly suprised because it was a full 3d game instead of something using less detail such as disgaea 3

For current PS3/360 emulation, DX12 is looking to be mandatory based on betas, so expect DX12 powerhouse GPU's to be the norm if/when PS3/360 emulation hits Wii/Wii U levels of competency

It was a modified version of PowerPC, not particularly irregular and it was a very good CPU. The problem was that games almost required multi-threading for good performance and the PS3's underpowered GPU and RAM had to be accounted for, this proved a larger hump for developers than was foreseen.

PPC is a simpler architecture than X86, but accurate timing will be a bitch to work out for emulation.

I sometimes wonder how much faster emulator development would go if there was a way for devs to get paid and work on it full-time.

Look at how MS made a 360 emu for the Xbone in like 6 months.

Damn guys. All I wanted wanted to do was emulate nier, I didn't realize the ps3 emulation was this big of a hassle. I didn't even know wii u emulation was a thing.

The problem with PS3 emulation is that the PS3's cell technology afforded it basically unlimited processing power, something which PCs will NEVER EVER be able to achieve. This makes it almost impossible to emulate a game because PCs simply aren't powerful enough.

What? Is this really true?

Who would go and tell lies on the internet?

Just wait a couple of years if you really want for RPCS3. We're definitely getting a 3DS or Wii U emulator sooner though.

Doesn't PS Now have NieR? Anyway, are you wanting to play it because NieR: Automata is coming soon or you just want to?