GRAN TOURISMO 6

This Game is so fucking comfy, why does no one talk about racing games anymore?

to boring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DLcy7fyfplI
kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?quality=P
youtube.com/watch?v=Fj71DwNYBEw
youtube.com/watch?v=K5TlFojnqGc
youtube.com/watch?v=3yQm00cI3LA
youtube.com/watch?v=DWowTpFENZI
youtube.com/watch?v=uCNs31QrhvM
youtube.com/watch?v=WpUj0KdqloY
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQQrZE06JE8UZYoSajfuDKJYmWUVn8ZG2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a way to play this on ps4?

This one had the worst vintage car competitions, I'm still mad.Also don't get me started on go karts.Besides those it's amazing.

These days Forza is just better, that's a fact, Gran Turismo 4 was the last good Gran Turismo.

This.

never playd it, whats up with forza that makes it better?

More content, car models are better, handling is better. Doesn't mean GT is bad but honestly it feels a little behind Forza in almost every aspect.

GT6 is underrated as fuck, too bad GT5 cast such a shadow on the franchise

it's not without its faults (damage modeling is total ass) but it's pretty fucking impressive for a 7th gen racing game

full day night cycles and weather at 60fps 1080p, not even forza can do that

>buy game
>starts updating
>just randomly stops because apparently the files are too big

Thanks a lot cunts.

A lot of people got burned out on GT5.
6 really is what the game should have been in the first place.

Fuck Sony and whoever is responsible for this.

I was thinking of getting a Gran Turismo since I've been having the itch lately and my computer is too weak to emulate GT3 properly
Which is better 5 or 6?

6 without a doubt.

Did it happen to you too?

I managed to work around it but it took so fucking long by the time it was installed I was no longer interested in playing

5...cant put my finger on it what it is but feels better

My brother used to play the shit out of this. Spent hours on idle racing while he was away.

Refused to call it a video game, called it a driving simulator

happend to me too...

Yes I had a fat PS3 from 2008, tried everything even tried downloading all the updates(11GB or something like that) with PS+ then installing but couldn't get it to work.I had to play the whole thing in 1.00 but it was fine no crashes or anything like that.

>full day night cycles and weather at 60fps 1080p, not even forza can do that
PC sims (actual sims, not simcades) were doing that a decade ago thanks to the joys of modding.

Getting mixed signals here, could you elaborate a little as to what one has over the other? Sorry to bother you guys

For me only thing GT5 has GT6 is lacking is the course maker, besides that everything GT6 does better.Driving physics, cars, courses...

I let them install one at a time and then quit reset and had to start and delete a new save file every section of the update. Sony really do some fucked up shit.

>THIS IS MY TIME
>TO BREAK AWAY
you know you liked it

Oh, GT5 has a course maker? That could be interesting. Was it good?

You just chose the number of turns, course complexity, a theme and a few other parameters, then it would generate a track.

It wasn't really a proper course creator, just more like having thousands of randomly generated tracks bundled in the game. Some of them were pretty cool.

No Gran Turismo on PS4 yet, disappointing recent games

Yup

Gran Turismo has a larger car roster but not even half the cars are premium aka high quality models while Forza ever car is high quality as fuck.
That said Forza Motorsport is trash and the only Forza people care about is Horizon. Horizon 2 was so fucking good, big leap over any other track or open world racer.

GT6 did have a course creator and it was much more in depth that the GT5 one. You could actually draw your own tracks instead of having the game generate them.

>youtube.com/watch?v=DLcy7fyfplI

So what are the good recent driving games? I played Grid Autosport which was meh and I considered getting Driveclub but heard it was trash

GT6 has 474 premium cars
>kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?quality=P

Forza 6 has 460 cars (including as yet unreleased DLC ones)

all the extra 'standard quality' cars in GT6 are just gravy.

>Find out Horizon 3 is set in Australia
>Look up the world map
>mfw

Driveclub isn't complete trash, it's a solid arcade-style racer that likes to demand alittle driving finesse rather than all out arcadey wallrider.

Try it, you might like what it has to offer.

driveclub is fun but it's more arcadey than gran turismo.

It's not the best racing game ever but you should give it a go.
The graphics are really nice especially the weather effects.

Really, I might consider another look at it then. I usually don't pay much attention to review articles considering I play weebshit that get hammered in reviews too, but the impression I got from both the press and those who played it is its pretty meh

youtube.com/watch?v=Fj71DwNYBEw
youtube.com/watch?v=K5TlFojnqGc

couple replays I uploaded awhile back of GT6

The game was a mess at launch but they really pulled it around in the end.

try getting through licenses on GT4-6.

>one inch of front tire touches grass
>DISQUALIFIED
>spend 10 minutes waiting for game to allow you to restart, after watching endless countdown
>3, 2, 1, START!
>20 seconds of racing, one inch of tire goes onto grass
>DISQUALIFIED
> another 10 minutes of waiting

NAVIGATING MENUS WITH ENDLESS LOAD TIMES
FOR MENUS
DOWNLOADING ENDLESS PATCHES
PATCHES BRICKING GAME
PATCHES BRICKING PS3

WHY

GT2 WAS SO MUCH BETTER FASTER LESS WAITING

GT3 was ok, at least it had flying escudos

lies.

GT3 was the last fun GT game. 4 was more like the new GT style but it was still better than 5.

won't even bother with 6 because of all of the updates and crap. just waiting for 7

Except GT5 and GT6 were great.

>playing grand autismo in 2016

>why does no one talk about racing games anymore?
Like there was no forza shilling threads already..
Now you have to start to shill the new grentoorismo.
Like how many ultimaprium this time?

Not forgetting
>slightly nudge another driver on a licence test
>lol disqualified
>meanwhile they can smash into you all they want

I dont give a single shit about racing games, Buuuut GT6 has such an incredible Soundtrack. I listen to it every second day and i haven't played the game once.

youtube.com/watch?v=3yQm00cI3LA

>why does no one talk about racing games anymore
maybe because the only one out is horizon 3?

seriously, what other racers are there this year? or even last year?

youtube.com/watch?v=DWowTpFENZI

i hope they wont have these "red bull X super Cars" this time, that shit was not needed

cause it is fucking garbage and everyone plays forza 4/6 instead?

>you will never join a Hot Springs free roaming lobby where you just drift, burnout, drag, offroad, and get comfy watching the sunset with other people again

The removal of the invisible walls in GT6 made online free roaming lobbies so much fun. I fucking miss GT6 so much.

Have you saw the videos?
Its a literal selling point, when desingers get some dope and imagine new ways to make something go from A to B, but not as fast as possible most of the times.
I saw the red bull has a contender, the literal vacum cleaner car, the 2d, but after the eyes of a new vision.. like this guy, who had a vision for thief, and made thief 4....
I think it was, but if not, it was a fag like him.

Im actually worried about the physics, everything shows that they are going to downgrade it, shifting again into arcade, but still being called "the real bullshit simulator"

>online free roaming
in gt6?

maybe I should get it then.

youtube.com/watch?v=uCNs31QrhvM

>GT6
>60fps 1080p

What?

its actually 1440x1080, not the full 1920x1080

but yeah it's 60fps

Holy shit there is like a faction of this cars.
Sure they are not decepticons?
youtube.com/watch?v=WpUj0KdqloY

Why do you hate fun, user?

The way lobbies worked in GT5 and 6 was that you create a lobby (choose track, setting, limitations, etc) and then you get to freely roam in the track and do whatever you want until the host decides to start a race if he ever wanted to. People made all kind of fun free roaming lobbies.

is that still going on?

GT4 racing playlist is my jam
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQQrZE06JE8UZYoSajfuDKJYmWUVn8ZG2

Also, didn't NA and PAL have different racing playlists?

I don't know. Last time I played it was around two years ago.

t. Stockholm Syndrome Sonygger

>wah! wah! You were having fake fun!!
>despite never having played the game my judgement is law!

GT 4 > GT 3 > GT 2 > GT1 > Literal pile of shit > GT6 > Dumpster containing shit on fire > GT5

>got GT5
>need driving wheel to play since it's a """simulator"""
>buy Driving Force GT
>now I need build a fucking setup
>move my god damn TV to kitchen
>man, I need a fucking chair now
>go buy a chair
>game looks like shit when TV is so close to you
>cocpit view doesn't let you look around you and overall offer very poor vision
>bumper view is boring since I feel like a flying ghost
>I actually like 3rd person with a wheel but everyone call me a retard for playing like this
>trying to play with fucking limited cocpit view
>realise you need three fucking TVs or monitors, three consoles and three copies of the game to have proper setup
>yeah. fuck you GT, I had enough
I never played GT games since then.

You thought that your ps3 would magically be able to output three times as many pixels to 3 different monitors (despite only having 1 hdmi port and one component port)?

you're fucking retarded.

I never thoght that, dumbass. I just realised I need all that shit just to play the game comfortably. I'm not commited enough to burn such money just on Gran Turismo. My only hope is VR now, we'll see how good it'll be for autosims.

Do you need an ipad for that?

>tfw playing gt2 for the first time as a kid
>getting those licenses
>getting those rewards
>that character progression

why is there no other racing game like it

GT6 is mediocre compared to GT5. Special events reduced to one good event (this is goodwood festival), zero real progress in driving model compared to GT5, barely any new content, even less demanding licenses. It could be a big GT5 patch, or DLC.

Also, Gran Turismo 5/6 driving model is shit. But it's simcade, so i guess it's not really that important point of the game.

it's not a locked 60 either