Why do people hate this game so much?

Why do people hate this game so much?

Are gamers today too hyper-critical and ungrateful?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2015/04/02/bungie-used-behavioral-psychology-to-make-destiny-appealing
youtu.be/7qGsLKzmEgA?t=4m20s
db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/allies/rasputin/ghost-fragment-rasputin-5
youtube.com/watch?v=SMpKPA7PpwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's warframe but shittier.

It's nothing but grinding in a shallow puddle.

Yes but this is just a grindy mmo with guns and no story

utter scam. all the money went towards hiring Peter dink lage

>it's gonna get constant content like an mmo for console guys xD

an all we got was some lame dlcs

Easily the worst criticism I've heard yet.

Try again, user.

>ungrateful

Nigger the game cost $60. Sixty Burger Bucks for a piece of shit boring ass grind fest. If it was 60FPS then you could at least get some enjoyment out of shooting bullet sponge samey enemies over and over because the core combat mechanics are at least solid.

It's fucking awful.

It was the No Man's Sky of 2014.

It's an alright game. I didn't mind spending $30 on it and by the time I got it we got a bit of content with TTK. I'm not a fan of the RPG elements but the zone exploration halo with classes is kinda neat.

I'd be mad if I bought it at launch though, I blew through a ton of this shit in a couple of weeks and that's with TTK.

>you now remember the prerelease trailers that included story scenes that never made it in the full game
What happened to that game?

Exactly the point. These are half-baked complaints about story, frame rates and dlc packs from two years ago.

Real MMO gamers don't give a shit about story. We care about gameplay, and Destiny continues to remain in the lead of the industry, from a mechanical standpoint.

ANd if you hate grinding so much, there's always Mario.

Come back when you have something smart to say.

0/10

Activision happened

I have a career, so I don't get my panties in a wad over $60, broke fag.

DOPAMINE HITS: The game

The game has almost no actual substance, it's just shooting stuff, leveling up, getting better gear, all that stuff that makes you "feel good". Destiny is literally designed to have everything that people find addicting about video games.

>0/10
>Still no good answer to OP's question

I can't blame people for not liking it during year 1. It had a lot of flaws that put people off of the game. Thankfully a lot of those have been fixed and the game is much better now.

not even worth a (you) desu

you've never played warframe then

and never played it in 2013 when destiny literally just copied every single fucking idea

>Being grateful for a turd.

is this game even worth playing if you intend to play solo?

@353063996
>le i wipe my ass with $60 xDDD

That's beside the point you double nigger. Charging $60 for $10 worth of enjoyable gameplay isn't ok.

You're not getting my (You)s either homo.

Grinding loot game time sink.

>No substantive complaints.

Leave it to v/ to be incapable of making any real criticism. Just a bunch of autist faggots who get upset when something isn't on PC.

Try again, v/.

>Defending 40$ expansions with 5 hours of content.
Just throw your money in a well why dont you.

Exactly, you're not actually having fun, you're being manipulated into continuing playing. It's like the feeling you get dumping 100 hours into a Blizzard game like Diablo 3. It's not so much 'fun', as inexplicable compulsion to continue. It's video games designed by psychologists for maximum addictiveness not for fun by actual fucking game designers. I hate games that focus mostly on 'hooking' you, rather than keeping you voluntarily playing with high quality gameplay.

>cherry picking responses to prove your point

Almost, yeah.
It's not quite the game that was promised and was gutted prior to release.
It was technically sound and is ok when playing with friends, which not even NMS could do.

Absolutely not. There's like 3-5hrs of solo content with each DLC pack. Other than that, you're welcome to grind on PvP and Strikes, but its lonely as fuck. Play it with friends or don't play it at all. At least Borderlands has a dull, but pretty substantial 25hr+ campaign. Destiny didn't even bother with that.

>Still no substantive complaint.

Try again.

Well at the end of the day, we all know that you're just shitposting.

see

>Your not actually having fun

When you use buzzwords in your shitpost of an OP you get shitpost responses. OP's always a faggot atleast.

I don't hate the game but I do hate Bunghole for not releasing it on the PC.

They have no excuse and I refuse to buy it for my PS4.

>It's video games designed by psychologists for maximum addictiveness not for fun by actual fucking game designers.

ign.com/articles/2015/04/02/bungie-used-behavioral-psychology-to-make-destiny-appealing

>Rise wasn't $40
>Rise wasn't 5 hours long

Wow, do you really want some deconstruction?

name one thing that destiny fucking does well?

It is just a mishmosh of a bunch of other shitty fucking mechanics. A shittier halo, with a shittier MMORPG party system with raids that are literally "world of warcraft vanilla" in design (hurr durr, stand on the platforms, shoot the adds, then shoot the boss, BUT WAIT,THERE's FOG NOW, etc, and that's in TTK).

Class balance is all over the place.
No point in random drops when all they do is force you to minmax like diablo 2 but worse.

The devs have no idea what they're doing to the point of adding in fucking SPARROW RACING because, you know, why play a real racing game, I'll just circlejerk with my MMO friends. To behonest, if blizzard added racing to wow, people would play it more than the actual game (look at GTA online's racing mode).

But whatever.

If you honestly can't see why the game is fucking terrible, you really should just off yourself.

WTF are you talking about Rise for? That's completely off topic.

Look deep within your heart user, you're being manipulated like a puppet on strings by some psychologist pushing your happy buttons, there's a difference between addiction and actual fun

Also
>your

Blizzard does the same fucking thing. It's a science now, trying to maximise player session length, 'engagement', all sorts of metrics and buzzwords used to euphemistically describe entrapping gamers in addiction. Valve does it too, they have economists, psychologists, all working to maximise addiction.

He's right though, Destiny represents everything terrible about video games, Destiny is designed to be addictive. It's the video game your mom always warned you about. Destiny is a nefarious video game.

See

>It was massively overhyped, we're talking No Man's Sky levels of overhyped because Bungie.
>Launched with an abysmal amount of end game content, which had people feeling like they experienced the entire game after about 2-3 weeks of play or less.
>Story was cryptic, riddled with holes but there's a scope to it. Feels like someone handed you a huge story but you were only allowed to read a single chapter somewhere in the middle.
>It had no memorable characters at launch. None of the named heroes have any depth, none of the mysterious figures are interesting and the antagonists have zero personality, depth and the most basic EVIL motivations.
>It has cell phone game progression where you can do X amount of an activity a day, you log in once a day and then you're done but the missions were MMO tier collect/kill y amount of something.
>Launched with restrictions on how often you could do the one raid it had, the raid was full of bugs, exploits and since it could only be done once a week, if you didn't get what you wanted thanks to shit RNG, you were fucked out of it. Many people never completed got all the armor pieces they needed.
>First DLC was trash, didn't solve the lack of content problem.
>Multiplayer is essentially find the most broken weapon or weapon type at the time and use that until it's nerfed.
>Game finally gets enough content to justify it's worth, nearly 8 months after it's released but by now, most people are over it.
>Bungie and Activision fuck Martin O'Donnell, a man that is hugely respected in the game's industry. Further souring Bungie's reputation.
The game is better now but you only get one chance to make a first impression, Destiny's first impression wasn't just 'meh', it was BAD and people are going to hate it for that, no matter how much better the game gets.

Shouldn't you be in bed, user?

It's not though. It's like being numbed to sexual pleasure that but still orgasming through stimulation. Sure you orgasmed but you didn't actually feel anything sexual about it.

It's an FPS MMO hybrid with only the shittiest parts of each and it just exists as a DLC selling platform for 10 year olds to get hooked on random loot drops

Nice music and art design though

Shame they fired Marty

Nu-Bungie is shit

It would've been a bit better on PC

>Not available on PC for some unfathomable reason
>Setting that looks like a shittier version of Warhammer 40K
>30FPS

>perfectly reasonab'e complaints
>NUH UH THATS NOT ENOUGH

Finally a solid answer.

But, it's still just a bunch of butt-hurt. Just say it isn't your taste, and quit pretending it's substandard.

A confusing mess of a plot with a lot of techno jargon babble that means literally nothing. Only one memorable character whose only memorable quality is being Mal Reynolds in a video game.

"Yer the chosen one Harry, and yeh must defeat THE DAAAARRRRRKKKKKNEEESSSSS!!!!! ooo scary darkness!!!"

First and second DLC that does literally nothing to fix the retarded mission design and ultimately adds nothing to the overarching plot of the Traveler and "The Darkness ooooooo scary"

The Exo Stranger gets introduced as a seemingly important character but you never hear from her ever again.

The Speaker gets introduced as a seemingly important character but is never relevant to any of the stories being told.

>I could tell you of the battles against "The Darkness oooooo scary!".... I could tell you of how the Traveler died...

YES PLEASE, THAT SOUNDS SEMI-INTERESTING!!!!

>But I won't.

Fuck you.

Multiple planets that you can visit, but you're limited to one small-ish playing field for each planet. Better get used to it, because you'll be visiting the same locations over... and over... and over.. and sometimes backwards.

>3 years later they finally add a second patrol zone to Earth.
>It's in the same fucking area as the first patrol zone, except it has slightly different cargo crates and everything is tangled in red vines.

Why not give us a patrol zone in a post-apocalyptic New York or London? You already have concept art of it. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that Destiny has a severe lack of diversity in its locations, which is NOT the vibe you got when first looking at the concept art they released in 2013.

The gameplay is fine, but Destiny suffers from a nonexistant plot, only one memorable character, a lack of diverse environnments, uninspired weapon designs, very little context to what you're doing and why you should be doing it beyond the "Ye must fight the Darkness ooooo scary darkness!!"

Pretty much sumed up this fat piece of shit.

And truly the only people who ever "liked" it were addicts who got a taste of their first MMO and loot grind/carrot on a stick. They don't like the game they like the loot hunt and the game is fucking terrible in that regard to since BL2 even does THAT better.

All the music post-Marty is trash. They put Marty's music on a screen and follow it with music by whoever's doing it now, and the new music is uninspired 'heroic' orchestral trash that could be from a stock music library. Whoever fired Marty should be slapped

It's 100% the process of "grind for better gear so the better gear let's you grind better" and I sunk over 1200+ hours in that. But the sameiness destroyed my will to play, and going by how long did I play you can tell I put up with it for a long time. Raids were great but ended up becoming as shallow as everything else.

I haven't played other mmos but I'll assume there's at least a sense of the world right? Destiny lost that, sure taken show up in the zones but the zones are so small and insubstantial any way. Taken king gave us glimpses of what the game should've been. Not just for one area and questioned and raid but everything.

Too much hive, waaaay too much. No proper fallen raid, cabal are a fleeting thought. A race of soldiers who go to war and either come back victorious or not at all, why no raid dealing with them?

It's a shame, destiny was ruined by men in suits getting paid too much to say "I don't get it". Fuck I had a lot to saw. Also fuck the crucible, they threw updates into that like candy because it's easy, ignoring pve.

That's not an argument.

It's 30fps because it's still bogged down with all the legacy code from supporting PS3 and Xbox 360.

Everyone criticizes COD for being technically garbage, but they managed to get double framerate, and a better looking game and not make excuses about last gen consoles holding them back.

Can't seriously throw money to Bungie until they release Destiny 2 at 60fps and get their act together technically

>and quit pretending it's substandard
But it is

Never ever

>Story
>Story
>Story
>Story
>DLC from two years ago
>Story

Go read a goddamned book.

i've had the base game since launch. i put 100+ hours into it. just the other day i bought the taken king dlc with the other minor expansions included and i've been playing it nonstop since. the taken king story missions were better than the base games. will be getting rise of iron soon. also i feel like a complete faggot because i STILL haven't done a single raid. pvp is still fucking unbalanced and only fun for a few rounds at a time. the game is still super flawed but it has potential.

Bungie has never made a 60fps game unless you count H:CE and H2 PC ports

If there's one thing that 343 is doing right with halo it's insisting on 60fps

It is substandard for an MMO.
It is substandard for an FPS.
It is substandard for someone with Bungie's pedigree.

You're allowed to fanboy all you want over it but you're never going to sway anyone's opinion of it. Like I said, you only get once chance to make a first impression and Bungie blew it.

Better luck next time.

>Le stories in video gaems are a waste of time
>Books are the only medium in which stories should be told

Go back to Tetris and stay there.

The unfortunate thing about 343's method of implementing 60 FPS is that every animation after a certain distance has to run at 15 FPS and the textures are shit.

I'll never buy it then, because as far as I'm concerned, there's an oversupply of better options for shooter PvP on consoles, and they're all 60fps. Titanfall 2, Halo 5, Battlefield 1, Modern Warfare Remastered, Infinite Warfare. Why would anyone would pick a game that runs at half framerate with all these other, better choices around

Really makes you think

If I'm going to play a repetitive as fuck game I want a story reason for WHY I'm doing all this repetitive shit. Something better than "these aliens are hiding out in this area. Go kill them and their super strong boss"

Gameplay is most important of course. But story would do nothing but add to the game.

>Valid criticisms are "butt hurt".

You shouldn't post pictures of yourself on an anonymous image board, user.

>half-baked complaints about story, frame rates
>frame rates
>We care about gameplay

Kill yourself tbqh

I'm having fun with it right now.

Because they wasted all the good concepts of this game.

For example, the Cabal. Built up as this unstoppable force of nature with hints at a vast militaristic empire. All we get are a couple of missions and two strikes. With the Fallen, we are treated with the idea of a once great race that has well... fallen. But no, in game they are just space pirates working for the enemy because reasons. The Vex are a mysterious Robot race that the Ishtar collective died trying to study. Possibly has control over time. But no, they act like every other race except they can teleport slightly.

The great war of the guardians and the collapse sounds very interesting. I would imagine this would've shown us some very epic battles, maybe even give us a glimpse of human culture outside of the guardians. But no, we only get one cutscene where the speaker talks about it but never goes into any detail about it. The hive are the only ones to get some of their ideas actually implemented in game, but even then, it is lacking. They gave us this idea of a universe humanity is on it's last legs against other races that may or may not had experience with the god we now worship, but do nothing with it.

Give each faction their own special thing, something that reflects at the backstory they are hinting at. If this was another time line, we would've been able to play as the different races, had multiple campaigns and actually feel like a unified well... universe. They promised a game to surpass Halo in terms of universal coherence but how can we when they only give us glimpses?

The gunplay is interesting but the multiplayer is shit tier. The classes are pretty much the same other than the abilities. If this was to be a proper MMO, the classes should at least feel different and change how you should play the game.
1/2

I don't hate destiny but I don't find anything about it particularly compelling either. For being a class based game very little differentiates the classes and balance is so fucking skewed with a third of the classes being useless outside of pvp and another third being pretty bad at pvp.

>Be OP
>Why does everyone hate (Game)?
>People tell him
>B-but no!

Don't even care, the gameplay is so much better.

I agree on the textures, 343 needs to adopt Blizzard's technique in Overwatch - 30fps for slow moving scenes like opening cinematics in multiplayer matches, pump up the texture quality and anti-aliasing - 60fps for gameplay.

Yeah, 343 is a bit incompetent but the xbone isn't the strongest machine out there either.

At least halo 2 anniversary has the full 60fps distance animations and looks better than halo 5

Easily some of the most autistic shit I've seen here in a while.

You should all kill yourselves.

Ontop of the fact that guns can be used across all you're characters just place it in the bank or even gear.

Game is just shit OP 1 grenade 1 melee attack with some crappy ult gimmick let it go.

Admitting you have a Destiny problem is the first step to recovery OP.

Atleast we aren't trying to pretend that Destiny is anything other than mediocre.

You first, pham

Again, only three posts here have been real complaints. The rest of you are whiny little bitches.

Man, the quality of shitposters has really gone down in years.

>Asks for opinion
>Gets opinion
>B-but no!

More proof that destiny fags are the worst

Shit game shit fanbase

R.I.P bungie, I hope they survive being Activision's Cuck for 10 more years but even now alot of the OG members have left (or in Marty's case, fired.)

Well since we're being so petty and unhelpful, why don't you give US some examples as to why it's good?

Thread de-railed.

Way to go, v/

I had my fun with the game but if you were there in the beginning and saw the shit show with network issues, balancing issues, and well the content all together.

With the TTK it did get a lot better I give it that but even than it got stale since I don't think they ever did anything with the sparrow racing which I did enjoy honestly.

Overall:
Vanilla and first 2 DLC 6/10
TTK 7.5/10
Not gonna play Iron cause I think i'm done with it.

The real shame is all those amazing designs and all that going to such a waste. Also no Cabal Raid or anything those fuckers.

But it isn't.

The Titans should be front line warriors, letting themselves be damaged so their allies can advanced. Hunters should be behind the scenes experts, not able to attack on full on assaults but sneakily and subtly. The Warlocks should be assisting their allies through more impressive reality warping magic. Instead, we got three slightly different classes with different "KILL EVERYTHING" attacks, with the exception being the Void Walker and Night Stalker.

We then have of course the missions and strikes which never offer anything unique (With exceptions) and raids which are actually pretty good, but are very limited and have their own problems. The drop system, weapon system and actual lack of armour customisation limits how I can enjoy the game.

This game is a window to what could've been. It offers lot's of glimpses but never a door to enter the world, which a MMO should offer to a player.

2/2

I only ever played up to the first two DLC's and it was more like a 3/10

Repetitive and boring as fuck. Raids were cool but very inconvenient to set up. Not worth sinking more money into because "it's totally better now guys just pay 80$ more!"

You can go now Mr. amateur ruseman. We'll keep talking about how bad the game is.

>Asks for (Thing)
>Gets (Thing)
>Doesn't like it
>B-but no! Thread De-Railed!

According to what? Prove it.

It had so much fucking potential, the lore they cut out and left on the shitty grimoire site is actually really great, the music and art are top notch

But what we got was a shallow generic FPS where you repeat the same shit hundreds of times

Classes hardly matter, it's just a different melee and ult

Raids and strikes are just shit to grind hundreds of times waiting for loot to drop

The open maps are basically useless, patrols are boring and barebones as fuck

Almost no story whatsoever. Feels like most of the game was gutted

Overall it's probably 5/10 with all the DLC so just barely passable, but could've been so much more. Dissapointment.

It was vivisected by fat cats at Activision.

Bungie are great devs. They just gave their baby away to a publisher who wanted to suck it dry then see it flourish.

I don't have to prove it, it's my opinion after my experience with the game.

Just like it's my opinion that you're a faggot

>patrols are boring and barebones as fuck
Everyone shits on The Division and rightfully so, but their version of patrols are way more interesting. You collect intel on 'high value targets', and once you have enough intel you can get a group together or matchmake if you like (unlike Destiny), buy a contract for the target you've been researching and take them down. The high value targets are pretty challenging, and drop decent loot.

I went back to destiny recently thinking it would be similar. Nah, patrols are like kill 10 low level mobs for a really shit reward. Does anyone even do these? Why are they in the game?

They didn't even make the Halo PC ports iirc

>alot of OG members have left or been fired
>My opinion, faggot

Fucking retard.

>great devs

Debatable. I'd say "lucky" is a better description.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the halo games they did. Nearly 10/10 across the board IMO. But when you look into their development, they have an uncanny habit of scrapping games very close to development and just barely managing to get anything out at all.

We know Activision did have some involvement in how the game changed for the worse in the year before it's release, Marty confirmed it, but it seems that bungie's luck ran out and they weren't able to piece everything back together before launch this time.

Maybe the sequel will be better, but I certainly won't be buying it at launch, not unless I want to get fucked into buying 100$'s worth of DLC

I'd rather play the fucked up p2p iron banner than what we saw of Titanfall 2 in the beta though

I am always looking at all the concept art and weeping.

Their is so much fucking potential. Hell, the Cabal could end up being one the best factions ever, or even the Vex. But no, Bungie has a boner for space kangz turned pirates and Not!Zombie space kings of darkness.

You forget Marathon, a game that is arguably better than Halo.

Marty O'Donnell and Joseph Staten are the two big ones I can recall. They were in bungie since the Myth and Marathon days.

The rest are easily findable with a Google search of former bungie employees.

So, which other 25 year old dev has kept exactly the same group of people who started the company?

I wonder how much money OP sank into Destitute

I know exactly what you mean, and it's a real fucking shame. While playing the game, you get the small feeling that it might have been good, but ultimately it's just empty and those feelings are just tiny leftover scraps of what they were originally planning for the game. It feels hollow.

Yeah, maybe. Respawn have been apologetic and recently announced a whole lot of changes based on the test, Attrition is back, run speed is way up, Angel City map is back, lots of other stuff.

Latest build gameplay youtu.be/7qGsLKzmEgA?t=4m20s

At least Respawn admit there's a problem, Bungie continues to charge $40 per expansion and denies any shortcomings

Activision should go fuck themselves. They make a habit of cannibalizing other developers for personal profit. I don't see how the video game community isn't more upset by this.

>b-but Call of Dooty, OOH GAH!

Keep telling yourself that as more and more Activision cucks assimilate themselves into bungie and there's no talent left

Micheal Salvatori is still there, keeping the soundtracks decent.. For now. All my hopes for the sequel redeeming the story or including the lore more deeply are gone since Joe staten left.

Probably more money than you make in a year, worthless NEET.

>ungrateful
just fuck off already

When you release an unfunished AAA game with a budget of $500 million dollars, the procede to sell removed content and on-disc locked content as DLC for full game price back to the players, all the while screwing over players who were unfortunate to play from day 1, you're bound to make some people angry.

Fuck Deadstiny and fuck you.

amazing beautiful design and world, but shitty controls make pvp bad. shitty no matchmaking for raids and trials and shit. and shitty overpriced content that should be free or some shit idk.

if it was free content like that with matchmaking itd be 100x more popular imo. and they can jew out on stupid pay for cosmetic shit if they were smart.

>Deadstiny

>Made more money than all Halo games combined.

Yeah, I have work in the morning and I'm 29.

You?

And this isn't some stupid shit like the usual things.

Rasputin did nothing wrong.

>removed content

I'd agree but it's probably more like they scrapped the whole game and took awhile to haphazardly piece back all the shit they had before the scrap

Before the game got cucked they were talking about visiting Neptune, ruins of Chicago, abandoned ship (taken dreadnaught), and Martian ruins (ancient ruins, not the human city)

Most of these concepts were recycled into the game one way or another in different forms

>implying how much people got jewed means anyones still playing Deadstiny

The whole thing about the Guardians and they how they came to be would've been interesting.

How humanity reacted to the darkness and overcame the collapse would've been interesting.

Seeing Fallen life before the whirlwind would've been interesting.

Seeing the scope of the Cabal empire would've been interesting.

Seeing the Vex civilization would've been interesting.

Seeing how the Hive came into being would've been interesting.

Seeing how the relationship between humans, Exos and Awoken came to develop would've been interesting.

Seeing how the Vanguards become vanguards would've been interesting.

SEEING WHAT THE FUCKING DARKNESS WAS AND WHY IT HATED THE TRAVELLER WOULD'VE BEEN VERY INTERESTING.

SEEING HOW EACH CLASS OF GUARDIAN ACTUALLY FUNCTIONED DIFFERENTLY AND WHY THERE ARE THE SPECIFIC CLASSES WOULD'VE BEEN EXTREMELY INTERESTING.

But no. We get what we got.

I wouldn't mind so much if Taken king version was the vanilla version. Still would be disappointed, but not as much as vanilla.

Also more shitty than all the halo games combined

Kinda worrying that the free Beta they had was basically HALF of the full release game

Yeah no
>Halo franchise tallies 46 million copies sold, almost $3 billion total revenue

>Destiny accrued over $500 million in pre-order and day one sales. Furthermore, the game sold 6.3 million units in its first month on sale, which amounted to additional $47.5 million in revenue.
No newer figures released than that

>Why do so many people hate this game that turned out to be the worst example of modern game release strategy in history?

The traveller was supposed to be evil and shit was supposed to get fucked up originally

Activision made them scrap it for something more light hearted

The vex are the good guys, guardians are unknowingly evil. Was supposed to be a bit of a twist. Traces of this plot are still very apparent and hinted at in the grimoire but I doubt we will ever see it.

That's where I thought the stranger's storyline would've gone. Like, when you got to Mars, you find out the truth and the first half of the game was over, letting you go into the second half of trying to convince humanity of the Traveller's evil deeds, or hell, allow you to choose whether to red pill or blue pill on the issue, giving an actual reason for crucible to exist.

There are so many better ways this game could've gone.

I think it was supposed to be at the very end for sequel bait. I don't mean that in a negative way.

Sure would've been better than the shit we got.

Oh yeah when I said the vex were originally going to be good, I meant that they're still bad and evil and hostile, but their goal is to destroy the bigger evil, which would be the traveller. The "final boss" in the black garden would've probably been around the middle of the game where we start to get hints that the traveller isn't all that it seems and it was the cause of the great collapse in the first place

>That
>Better
Fuck that and fuck you. The world has enough pointless bullshit "so cynical epic twist" fucking games and narratives, I want more fucking lightheartedness and hope just ONCE.

If you read any of the lore I think you'd change your mind

Seriously it's good

Don't blame me if the game was hinting that and never did it.

I would've preferred what you said, but if they were going down that route of the traveller being evil, they should've done it all the way.

So many damn things in the game hint at it, but they just keep beating around the bush.

Because everything got cut.
You gotta grind in such a shitty way and crucible is pure cancer
Who /75%oftotaltimeoncrucible/ here, and i feel like a fool since i bought this since day 1

This was my first MMO and I grinded this way too much but by taken King I was burned out. I just don't like that all my gear turns to shit every expansion and I think I already played the game for what it is worth.

What is that image from been trying to find that flash for years

Because it has no fucking content. It's had 3 sets of DLC including one which was suppose to be a huge expansion pack and you can still run through the game in a few hours.
The newest DLC was so rehashed and lazy it's almost nothing but reused content (that was removed in earlier DLC).

It's presented like some kind of psuedo MMO, but has less content than your average FPS game.

>which had people feeling like they experienced the entire game after about 2-3 weeks of play or less.
more like 1 day, and the worst thing was waiting for the HM of Atheon

Yeah, even when i used to play 6+ of pure crucible, it wasn't the same kind of enjoyment.

Yeah, welcome to mmo genre m8

I think this game is innovative, and fun as shit.

I feel the criticisms about this game are based in concept art, vanilla balancing/content, story (you say bad, I say good) and personal expectation.

We'll see who's right in retrospect. But being a sour cunt about grimore and music is just beating yourself out of a fun game.

Your loss, v/.

They even removed the DLC of the Vex, and the Cabal emprah. So now we have skolas 2.0 as raid

I -did- read the lore and I like it a lot, I'm paying right now.

I'll sure as shit blame you for talking about it like you know what it is when you clearly don't. You can read the lore and see that that thread was actually picked up on and that the Traveler isn't evil, just ignorant and one of Earth's AI's crippled the damn thing to make sure it stuck around and kept humanity alive. Every person alive agrees that the grimoire would be much better if it was in the game and if it didn't have to be developed for last gen it probably would have, but don't shit out of your mouth and call it insightful.

Also I think people are still salty of what could have been.

>Fucked over Staten
>Fucked over Marty
>Fucked over all the other nameless talent that worked at Bungie and replaced them with talentless hacks who cannot balance PVP worth a shit and whos idea for the pinnacle of scifi storytelling is Guaridans of the Galaxy

anyone who actually enjoys this abomination is either ignorant, a sonygger, or just a plain cuckold

SRL was the best that could have happened to this damn game, blasting yurobeet while cutting corners on venus was fun

Shitty grindfest pseudo-MMO?

How are you surprised that people hate it?

This is the kind of hyper-critical shit head that is ruining the video game industry.

Only the vanilla version deserved all the hate (and maybe the dark below)

Everything after house of wolves has been incredible, even more if you don't spend 12 hours in the game every day

If someone were to pick up the game from scratch now (which is $60), they'd have an incredible experience

It's just blind hate from PC fags and retards who couldn't put up with the loot system in vanilla (which, while unfair, it was nothing like those MMOs where your best gear would drop with a 0.4% chance from a boss)

No singleplayer without internet or LAN support. Nope, sorry, easy decision.

Thank you, user.

Board of angry PC shitters who are extra angry it's not on PC.

I was the second user.

Which grimoire picked up that thread? I was not aware. I was basing it off my experience off House of Wolves Destiny because that is when I dropped it.

Still, I can not get over the fact they bring it up in vanilla and never expand on it until later.

>who cannot balance PVP worth a shit
Even the Thorn was getting OP again with all the nerfs coming through

>on the launch for the latest expansion the servers got fucked and a queue of over 300,000 people was made
>said launch was at 2 AM PST
>lol destiny is dead guys

>No singleplayer

have you tried Mario?

>No intelligence in responses

Have you tried resource class?

Thorn is not OP anymore

The only thing it has going for it is the ability to have send it (which puts it in a whole different tier of handcannons range-wise). It can't 2-tap anymore (for like a year already) and they're releasing better archetypes of handcannons nowadays (with the possibility of rolling LitC)

PvP is more balanced than ever. You can complain all you want about the Suros/mythoclast days in vanilla and the TLW/Thorn for HoW until TTK (which, for me, was the most fun meta)

Nowadays you can use whatever you want and it'll pay off even in a semi-competitive environment

On launch it was literally 3 hours long.
that's including doing each sidequest once.

The PvP was busted as fuck due to shotguns
the worlds were empty with nothing in them
The game still doesn't have a fucking story
It's shit.

>on the launch

those words mean nothing

Rasputin 5.
Here's a transcript: db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/allies/rasputin/ghost-fragment-rasputin-5

It's a shitty grindfest with terrible gun mechanics

better question, what IS there to like about it?

If I wanted a grindfest, I'd just play an MMO. If I wanted to play an FPS, I'd play one that has good gunplay.

This does both of those terribly.

That wasn't his point. Try reading the whole sentence next time.

>47 posters
It's the same user that's living in denial and replying to everyone episode.

okay samefag

you can tell because he's using terrible imgur-tier images

The story is clocked at 10+ hours long, without counting weeklies, nightfalls, pvp and the raid

Shotguns were not OP "on launch", that's you spewing bullshit that you probably read somewhere else. Shotguns were a problem in HoW/TTK because matador 64s were re-rollable and they had max range+shot package (a perk that was later removed) so their 1HKOs had a range of like 10 meters; INSANE for a shotgun. It was never like that in vanilla

The worlds were more alive than, say, MGSV (which is not hard to accomplish). Vanilla events were pretty shitty though

The game didn't have much of a story in it "on launch"

>It's shit.

It WAS shit

>The story is clocked at 10+ hours long
Including the expansions, sure.

Me and my brother both got the game on my birthday on launch, and we beat it within 4 hours. The game was short as fuck, there was NOTHING in it.

Have you played it since launch? This seems to happen to a lot of games nowadays. It's lacking at launch with dlcs and patches to fix it up later.

>was
There's that word again.

Shotguns are even more of a problem because of the artifact that removes sprint cooldown

Neither i said it was OP at the moment. But i can't said that PvP is more balanced than ever, it's just that everything is nerfed to the ground.
I can't complain about the Suros/Mythoclast days because they weren't that OP, the same for TLW and Thorn, you had to be a retarded back in the day to not know how to counter those players.
I only want my pre-nerf Assbreaker ;_;

Why the fuck would I spend extra money on a game that sucked balls? I don't care if it's better now and I don't care to find out if it's no longer shit.

which tumblr did you get that dank meme from OP

Then why the fuck are you here you asshat?

>The newest DLC is almost entirely rehashed content
>It's stuff taken from vanilla that became old and outdated and unusable that had it's stats adjusted for the new maximum level
>This is even a selling point

Literally selling you stuff that's already in the game. Fucking shameless.

This is how Destiny as a whole feels. It's like the people who made Destiny and are capable of making new content got fired years ago, and now we're left with people who can only edit and change content that exists but are incapable of making anything new.

howlongtobeat

Destiny vanilla clocks at 11:30 hours on average

4 hours is bullshit and impossible for someone playing it on a vanilla character. You'd think the outrage would've been as bigger as it was with The Order

OP was asking why people hate it so much, it's a thread for discussion not a hugbox for blind faggots who love the game

So the OP is asking about why people hate it, which is a very subjective thing, and you use "it's only an opinion!" argument?

Fuck off.

Poor PC fag has nothing smart to say.

>The story is clocked at 10+ hours long, without counting weeklies, nightfalls, pvp and the raid
m8, i just made a new character, just to "experience" the game, and surprise.
the game is still 4-5 hours long

People like you know this expansion was LITERALLY pulled together on a whim, right? Destiny 2 got pushed back so the live team of like, ten people made the expansion from scratch to have something to present.

Maybe if you're on the PS4 version with all the exclusive content.

On the 360 it took us barely 3 and a half to do the main story.

>implying I didn't get destiny day 1
>implying I wasn't part of the hype train

I already posted ITT and you haven't refuted it

The game is fine, don't ask PCucks for console game opinions or they'll sperg out for no real reason.

>Shotguns were not OP "on launch"
>He didn't got The Comedian with both Shot package plus Telemeter
Special weapons were more OP back in the day, but not as much as primaries, until Bungie decided to nerf primaries, people jumped into the special weapons and the rest is history

I'm a console player and the game was a piece of shit.

OP is asking for an intelligent criticism.

>Crit-i-cism:
the analysis and judgment of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.

O-pin-ion
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Fucking retard

So why are they selling it at such a high price for DLC?

It's literally just scraped together from the left overs of what is already in the game. Literally selling us stuff we already had.

It should have been free.

You COULDN'T counter Vex/Suros without a Vex/Suros. The game wasn't balanced; and the time-to-kill of those weapons surpassed everything else by far

You also couldn't counter thorn/TLW with anything other than thorn/TLW. Thorn could 2-tap people to the head at scout rifle ranges, and thorn could 2-tap you to the head at the same distance but with an even faster rate of fire (you need hip fire for that). Not even god roll weapons could compete (hopscotch pilgrim, for example)

So yeah, for trials of osiris, it was Thorn/TLW or GTFO. Remember how people have been complaining about not being able to challenge snipers nowadays? that wasn't even an issue with these handcannons. The time-to-kill was less than a second so the ones that COULDN'T challenge were actually the snipers

Everything being nerfed to the ground (a great exaggeration) was a necessity. Destiny is a fast-paced game, but keeping TTKs under a second was just too much

And you said everything about the launch, it's not launch anymore. covered all that.

Who are you talking to user?

>spend time grinding to max
>all people do on the raids is find the way to safespot or cheese the entire thing
>if you dont stand in a certain spot you get raged at
>spend an hour doing one, get no loot, repeat, end day with 0 progress made and a bunch of wasted time

I liked the premise at first, i also liked the division at first, but they both suffer from boring end game and bullet sponge enemies with weapons that dont really feel fun to use and PVP thats boring af

Why do I give a fuck? I don't want to spend 60 dollars on expansions for a game that was dogshit.

Becuase they made something and charging for that content isn't unreasonable since every other company does it?
They WANTED to make all new content free by having the in-game cash shop cover everything but retards like you bitched and moaned about that so much that all the bad press impacted sales, so now they have to charge.

>but not as much as primaries

So they weren't OP then

Plus, the comedian isn't even a high-impact shotgun

Also, it's not "telemeter", it's "rangefinder". Your ESL is showing

Do you base every game, no matter the current state of it, off how it was at launch or are you just eating a whole lot of glue tonight?

I know right, i even helped a friend to do 8-9 nightfalls per week back in the vainilla days, just because he wasn't in time to buy the gayllajorn.
>tfw doing Atheon 8 times per week
He never got the gally until HoW

More like the game was a disastrous piece of shit with no content on launch. Of course the game got bad word of mouth when it was a piece of shit.

>They made something

Made what? 95% of the expansion is stuff that is already in the fucking game.

The only new things are 1 new stike, 1 new raid (that's a glorified strike), 6 new story missions that are like 5 minutes long each and 3 sets of armor per class. Crucible has like a new map and new mode.

It's almost fucking nothing. That's $5 at most.

Basing a game off of launch is completely fair, it is the way the company that released it thought it was acceptable to release to the public, thus that is the only correct version to base any opinions on.

>OP is asking for an intelligent criticism.

>Why do people hate this game so much?

>Are gamers today too hyper-critical and ungrateful?

No where does it say intelligent criticism.

Fucking retard.

PS4 exclusive content is just relegated to 1 exclusive strike (which goes into the rotation of 15+), and some exclusive gear that is worth shit

Do you even realize what you're saying? Could you imagine the outrage if Sony consoles would have 8 MORE HOURS of story content compared to the same game in a microsoft console?

The game's vanilla story is 10+ hours and there's no way to rush it (and that's literal, since you couldn't skip cutscenes in vanilla)

All of these expansions brought it to 30+ hours. TDB, HOW, TTK, The 2016's free April update and ROI contributed to the game time

>(and that's literal, since you couldn't skip cutscenes in vanilla)

good thing there were literally 3 cutscenes in the entire game

No real story element or relevant lore.
>Although this could be overlooked if it was a meaningful experience.

No worth-while progression or loot items to justify the grind.

Two years, four expansions in and you're still grinding for "updated," less powerful versions of weapons and items you've had since the beginning.

Classes are the same base model with different jumps and grenades.Hardly classifies as different "classes" unless you're using call of duty as a comparison.

Triple fold rng designed to hold players back or limit play style in a game that advocates "playing your way."
1. Item
2. Item Perks
3. Light Level

Also, item perks. And perks in general.

First microtransactions introduced as emotes, then cosmetics, then quest related items, then armor. Someone is dumping baby oil on that slope.

>All of these expansions brought it to 30+ hours
Absolute bullshit. Probably got 15hrs total out of it. TTK was so short for the price it was laughable

The story just gets going, great voicework, nice writing of Nathan Fillion's character, and oh hey it's all over. Thanks for your $40, please come back for the next DLC.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMpKPA7PpwU

Clocks at 1 hour. The rest is gameplay.

That's only vanilla; there's 4 more expansions

Still no good answer to OP's question.

But, yeah, I'm the retard.

>Real MMO gamers
I'm so sorry if this was serious

Yeah, in 10 years Mobile-esque games will cost the equilant of 60 bucks and you would still buy it you cockeating cunt of a cuck

>You COULDN'T counter Vex/Suros without a Vex/Suros
>You also couldn't counter thorn/TLW with anything other than thorn/TLW.
The metafags were a mistake, you needed to beat the player, not the weapons m8.

OP here,

Thank you v/ for demonstrating how truly inept you are at making any sort of coherent criticism about this game.

>knew it was gonna be shit from the very first e3 gameplay trailer
>comes out
>friends buy it
>tell me to
>tell them no
>within 3 months they've given up and tell me it's shit

What constitutes a good answer then? There really is not anything objective that you can say you hate about destiny, other than characters weren't fleshed out and the micro transactions are reaching to the point where a core part of the game can now be bought.

Because most of the things people will list WILL be opinions on why they, a player or ex-player of Destiny, do not like the game.

Yeah, and I'm the shit poster.

user here, you asked a question that is very open ended and basically asked for why people didn't like a game. You should've expected it.

howlongtobeat

>No worth-while progression or loot items to justify the grind.

What the fuck does that even mean? of course there's a progression system

>Two years, four expansions in and you're still grinding for "updated," less powerful versions of weapons and items you've had since the beginning.

Weapon tuning/PvP-PvE balance. Dude expects to 1HKO players in PvP by year 3.. come on

>Classes are the same base model with different jumps and grenades.Hardly classifies as different "classes" unless you're using call of duty as a comparison.

Biggest bullshit of this entire post. 9 subclasses total with different builds in their perk tree that get complemented by exotic armor. Plenty of synergy for approaches (vampiric builds, DoT builds, overshield builds). Keep being ignorant

>Triple fold rng designed to hold players back or limit play style in a game that advocates "playing your way."
1. Item
2. Item Perks
3. Light Level

More bullshit. Why would you list Item as if you're not playing a loot-based game? of course RNG will determine your loot (and sometimes that's not even the case, because ever since 2 fucking years, there are events which guarantee specific loot)

As for item perks. For people like you, they introduced a re-roll system in HoW, which absolutely broke the game and gave no meaning to any kind of loot since you could just dump some chump change into a weapon that you would never have to trade again. That's not how RNG games work bud

As for light level, you're wrong again. Last year introduced a loot system that guarantees your new end-game gear to always drop at a higher light level that you currently have, so everything that drops is actually helping you (not to mention the infusion system, which allows you to keep gear you might like)

Microtransactions are all cosmetic. They tried introducing level boosters (which were pointless), the community shat all over them and they took it away

You should bring you're shitty b8 to /dg/ and show those reaction image meymeys to them

I only dislike it because I don't know how to progress, and I hate console shooters PVP

It would be way better if I could play it on PC

Vex was like always having a machine gun you mong. It didn't matter how good you were, playing against it was always a shitty experience if you weren't also using it. The amount of skill that was needed to be able to consistently beat it was extreme.

It's not even about the meta in those 2 specific cases

Good luck using an auto-rifle post nerf against a HoW TLW, which can 2-tap you from at least 20 to 30 meters. Time to kill for hip-firing TLW was almost half a second

Thorn had even more range and you could ADS and get 2 headshots from scout-rifle range before running away from the gunfight while the enemy dies from poison

None of the other weapons were even close to the amount of OP-ness these 2 weapons had

I actually bought a mouse and keyboard adapter for my xbox and let me just say that Destiny with that is a whole lot of fun, even with the built in aim assist.

>howlongtobeat
It's listing Main+Extras as ~30hrs, but it doesn't specify what those extras are. They aren't DLC, because summing the DLC main story times doesn't add up to 30hrs. I assume 'Extras' is strikes? PvP? Patrols? Anyway Taken King is listed as 7hrs main story, which for $40 is still shit value.

>keyboard adapter for my xbox
Please god please tell me there is something like this for PS4.

>Every person alive agrees that the grimoire would be much better if it was in the game and if it didn't have to be developed for last gen it probably would have

Nah, the game got seriously fucked about a year before release. They had to redo basically everything. It's been heavily implied by former employees like Marty that Activision is to blame.

>try it
>dont find anyone
>brother tells me limit is 4 or 8 players
may aswell go back play ET

I wouldn't call skill going invisible while using a shotgun with a retarded long range to kill someone. You gotta fight bullshit with more bullshit. or just quickscoping him.

>vanilla story
>10 hours

No user. No. I played it last week on a new warlock. I started at about 3pm and was watching the final cutscene at about 6:30-7ish. Most of the "" story "" is fighting enemy waves, loading screens, and driving to places on the planets.

Raid+Extras involves doing all the content in the game (the VANILLA) game once (which was story, strikes, nightfall, pvp modes, patrol, and the raid)

The site lists DLCs separately. There isn't a timer yet for RoI but it's probably clocked at 3 or 4 hours for the storyline

Is this game fun to get started?
I keep hearing how its a boring grindfest unless you already have a leveled character to do dungeons with people
I just want to make a warlock and explode things

There is. In fact, the one I got works on PS4, PS3, and 360, too. There are ones you can get that work specifically for one system but the one I got was pretty cheap in comparison and just happen to work with multiple platforms. It's called the Keymander, before you ask, and it was like $80 on Amazon.

Your welcome now go back to playing your shit game

Yeah, Auto-Rifles were rip after the second iron bananas. But i never said i used some Auto to counter TLW or Thorn. There used to be better weapons that were behind the retarded RNG of Atheon raid
The only bullshit i couldn't stand was the Last round of Thorn as the first shot

Suros was the other alternative to the vex. Both had similar TTKs (which were below a second, compared to every other weapon which were at 1.3/1.5 with optimal damage)

As some other guy said, those 2 guns were basically the equivalent of having an LMG as a primary. If you were lucky enough to get them, your pvp experience was gonna be smooth as fuck

As I said; it's not about "fuck the meta". Those weapons were on a whole other league. Using anything other than them was basically handicapping yourself

Can't fault your informativeness. Still don't much like the game, but good luck to those that do

I tried the demo when I got a ps4 for BB, I just felt sad while playing this:
>uninspired design
>nerf tier gunplay
>scenario felt kind of meh
>multiplayer was weird

Maybe all the DLCs made it better, but the base product? Nope.

>Innovative
How is it innovative? It doesn't do anything new or special that I can see and I've played through everything so far, WotM included

Hey, if people know about it and still don't like it, then that's great

But it's so common to see retards spewing misinformation while hating the game without any kind of substancial knowledge about how things worked, work, and will work, that I don't mind spending some time clarifying all these things

Shitposting aside, I got like 2k hours in. Made tons of friends for different activities (got raid and/or pvp buds) that I later met IRL

I have a shitton of complaints too, like how they did a 180 with the story the last year before the game came out, or how there is no in-game grimoire to at least read some lore during load times (the lore is INCREDIBLE. I recommend the Book of Sorrows to anyone who's interested in how the narrative works).

The vanilla version was shit and a true ripoff where most haters usually speak the truth. From december onwards, you can really tell who stopped playing and kept saying the same shit that was probably fixed 2 years ago

>What the fuck does that even mean? of course there's a progression system.

There is, but not really. Progression works against the player in destiny's case. Instead of progressive loot drops leveling up with the player to offer better or more useful gear, level is based entirely on the loot being used. So it's more regressive than progressive, as even the higher level end game modes aren't as likely to drop as useful gear as running the same strike to no end.

>Weapon tuning/PvP-PvE balance. Dude expects to 1HKO players in PvP by year 3.. come on.

That's not at all what I meant, but that was bad wording on my part. I mean you're getting not just weapons of the same type, but the exact same weapons (especially the exotics) that were commonly dropped in previous expansions and even the base game. It's just cheaply recycling old items and putting a higher number on them to claim that they're "new."
As for power, things like shotguns having all sense of ranged removed, machine guns and sniper rifles having their reserve ammo drastically cut, and hand cannons being pushed back to the point of being severely outshined by scout rifles, shotguns, and side arms at their respective ranges aren't exactly elements that balance PvE/PvP. Each unchecked or drastic change to one has a substantial impact to the other.

>Biggest bullshit of this entire post. 9 subclasses total with different builds in their perk tree that get complemented by exotic armor.Plenty of synergy for approaches (vampiric builds, DoT builds, overshield builds). Keep being ignorant.

Compared to the origional impression of significant differences between the classes, it's a fair argument to make. Sure, there are builds you could make, but you can do so in any shallow "class" based game. But the point is that the classes are the same base. There's no tank, you can have a titan build that can out scout the hunter scout class, there in no real support class outside of a bubble,and there's no medic

>1st paragraph

You stopped playing at some point then. It's been one whole year since they introduced the infusion system, which lets you infuse high-level, useless gear into something that you like

And no, the end game will ALWAYS drop end game gear. And it's not even just raiding now. Nightfalls, strike-specific loot, osiris, iron banner, all drop just a bit above your current light level. There is progression, moreso than ever

>2nd paragraph

Each expansion renews the whole inventory of legendary weapons and adds a few more exotics. You complain about recycled exotics? 90% of the fanbase complained when they were left behind and turned useless for end game. Now you can infuse all the year 2 gear, plus new exotics/legendaries

Shotgun range was BROKEN in year 1, to the point there was no point in using a fusion rifle, because shotguns insta-kill faster and at the same range

If you were into semi-competitive pvp, you'd know that both snipers and LMGs did need the ammo cut. One team picking up heavy in year 1 pretty much meant it was game over, since you could easily curbstomp at least 15 to 20 guardians with all the LMG ammo that you got

Snipers are actually more balanced than ever now. High impact snipers get less bullets per crate in exchange for power, while low impact get a shitton of ammo for less damage (and things like aim assist, the ability to shut down supers, and some other more technical stuff)

Sidearms are actually a viable option in RoI

I agree about the handcannons. There's an interessting analysis on fucking Bloom for handcannons, and they need to fix that ASAP

I also agree that PvE players are getting shafted by PvP changes. That's one of the biggest problems with the balance nowadays

>3rd paragraph

Titans with the right builds have the highest armor stat in the game... it doesn't mean much though

Warlocks have the higher recovery+vampiric builds

(cont)

The thing that pisses me off is when people say the game is better now and is playable.

I don't care if they decided to shit out something incomplete the first time then decide to fix it by DLCs. I will not support any fucking thing that isn't at least decent upon release.

More bullshit. Why would you list Item as if you're not playing a loot-based game? of course RNG will determine your loot (and sometimes that's not even the case, because ever since 2 fucking years, there are events which guarantee specific loot)

As for item perks. For people like you, they introduced a re-roll system in HoW, which absolutely broke the game and gave no meaning to any kind of loot since you could just dump some chump change into a weapon that you would never have to trade again. That's not how RNG games work bud

I listed the item because it's a variable.

The rerolling in't what I'm talking about, and other games that drop gear with rng perks have a method to them. One perk feeds into an option of others.
There are also games that give you rng parts to add to you gear in order to customize it. The gear can even be matched up with an rng synergy tied to the item. But destiny is the only game I've seen that throws completely random elements into a random item with no apparent form of intelligence.

>As for light level, you're wrong again. Last year introduced a loot system that guarantees your new end-game gear to always drop at a higher light level that you currently have, so everything that drops is actually helping you (not to mention the infusion system, which allows you to keep gear you might like).

If this were true, then how could people that raided, played trials, and played in the prison would receive the same kind of low level gear you'd expect form an engram? Also, why would engrams consistently decript at lower levels than your current level if they were supposed to progress with the character?
Aside from the already easily obtained materials, these drops offered no help to the player.

Infusion though was a sound idea to add for those wanting to keep the gear they liked at the sacrifice of a higher level item.

Those cosmetic armor pieces can come with some pretty handy perks though for something only added for looks...

>Legitimately trying to make someone feel like an asshole for not liking something

Remember when you could just not like a thing and nobody called you an entitled brat? Seems like a company who expects me to like their game and buy it regardless of whether or not it actually interests me is the entitled one. I don't OWE you a fucking dollar you dicks and your game doesn't look fun so I won't buy it. That doesn't make me ungrateful it makes me NOT A CUSTOMER.

This bait is so bad I can't believe I replied.

>you can have a titan build that can out scout the hunter scout class

No you can't. With the exception of the artifact that lets you have keen scout (which is useless compared to other artifacts), you can't go invis, or shadestep, or use smoke bombs, or have any of the other versatility that hunters have

The same as hunters not being able to skate (moderately nerfed for RoI), shoulder charge, shotgun with juggernaut, and many more

Grenades make or break neutral game. None of that bullshit about "only the grenades change". They nerfed sunsinger to the fucking ground because its grenade was so powerful it was the go-to choice. Grenades and melee matter, and there's exotics revolving around them

Oh, and there's other kinds of support besides a bubble. Song of flame, tethering, smoke invisibility bombs, pulsewave, etc. Not having a straight out healer doesn't mean that the game doesn't have variety

I could tell you at least 4 viable builds for semi-competitive play for each class. At least with at least 2 for high competitive pvp (which should only be 1, but whatever)

The game was the worst hybrid of a shooter and an MMO you could think of, and on top of that has little content. The story is incoherent and the gameplay got repetitive FAST.

I'd like this game if the graphics were lower to make a constant 60fps.

BTW I was that guy with the XIM4 reking yall

Man this post is a mess. I don't even know what is part of your post and what's from mine

I can tell you about this though

>If this were true, then how could people that raided, played trials, and played in the prison would receive the same kind of low level gear you'd expect form an engram? Also, why would engrams consistently decript at lower levels than your current level if they were supposed to progress with the character?
Aside from the already easily obtained materials, these drops offered no help to the player.

Infusion though was a sound idea to add for those wanting to keep the gear they liked at the sacrifice of a higher level item.

Those cosmetic armor pieces can come with some pretty handy perks though for something only added for looks...

Their problem. Every single loot from end-game drops at a higher level in order for you to keep progresing. The situation you're implying doesn't even seem to make sense or happen often

Engrams don't count for the smart loot system; only end-game gear and some specific strike loot. By the time you're finished with the story, engrams are pretty much not an option to keep progressing, since you're already at that level (blues decrypt up to 290-300, which is even what you need for last year's raid on normal)

Oh yeah, and blue engrams do matter even though they don't offer a level boost. Leveling up the cryptarch gives you a package that may have shaders, ships, or legendary weapons/armor (which can have a good roll that you like, so you can infuse it with something with a high LL)

>Shitposting aside, I got like 2k hours in. Made tons of friends for different activities (got raid and/or pvp buds) that I later met IRL

Honestly, I'm envious as fuck

The way they did DLC is fucking shameful, even for the standards we have today. It's amazing to me how much money they milked out of people, it should be criminal.

That's the price of going cross-gen

PS3/360 was already ditched for rise of iron, so hopefully destiny 2 will have 60fps

Basically this.
Assuming you have bros you could clear all content in less than a month going in blind.
Even now it's quick, hell it's more of a chore because they couldn't pace out content between DLCs so Dark Below and House of Wolves feel like cores to play though because once you hit lvl 40 you can skip right over to Taken King content for better gear, and it looks like they have learned nothing and Rise of Iron just overrides putting any work into Taken King.
That's where they really fuck up in all this. Each DLC obliterates any reason to play what came before short of just clearing a check box.

>base game at launch was $60
>Season pass for the first 2 dlcs was $35
>Taken King was $40
>they then shamelessly added a cash shop
>Rise of iron is $30

Without the cash shop it's $165 to own everything if you were a sucker at launch
With the cash shop and assuming you bought everything according to what the wiki lists and the prices it's $379

And this is from the same team that made the Halo series

The mudflation spike between each DLC is disgusting. Each one rewards the new comer while punishing the old guard.
Even WoW isn't that shameless

Don't forget Taken King force you to take the 2 DLCs
You got no discount for basically buying a second copy of Dark Below and House of Wolves

You're not fooling anybody Osbor you fucking shitter.

It is a mediocre, unfinished and mechanically boring game.

No, and gratefulness does not factor into this. They made a product and expect people to pay a certain price, they are not giving anything away. If, for the price they are asking, people don´t consider it worth it, there is nothing anyone can object to, and doing so would be criminally arrogant.

If anything the criticalness is fitting, considering every and all imitations of destiny´s model turned out even worse, although the problems and flaws it has are plain to see.

>ungrateful
That doesn't make sense for a product I have to spend my money on.
f it was free to play your argument would have more weight.

Those that bought since launch & the dlc's has spent over a hundred just to get some raid & boring strikes. If it has content like a true rpg/mmo like WoW for example it won't get as much hate.

That's just stupid.

Bungie known for Halo, produces a game with no substantial direction, despite all the effort.
>We made a story guys, just open up your mobile and read the shortscript book version

It's a legitimate complaint user, you will need a good reason what makes this game so great if they dropped one of the prime criteria of gaming.

This shitposter thinks he can defend trash that is Destiny, should of picked something easier like keeping a Serial Killer from going to jail.