Has a game ever been ruined through patches/updates?

Has a game ever been ruined through patches/updates?

Is windows 10 a game?

San andreas wasn't necessarily ruined but a patch removed a bunch of songs from it.

ARK: Survival Evolved.

As long as the patches/updates are effectively irreversible, they are cancer.

Compare Diablo 2, where I can freely choose what patch to play on, be it 1.07 classic or 1.10 expansion, with Path of Exile or Diablo 3, where I won't be able to relive the release Inferno or Poe beta glory.

Developer's vision my ass. The only time when it can be tolerated is when there is an esports scene, as much as I hate it as well.

Maplestory

WoW
Worst part is that when they do get it right you know they're going to change it again someday anyway to keep the game "fresh"

World of Warcraft
Tribes: Ascend
League of Legends

Actually there's probably lots of examples.

BF2

Every mmo ever released

tf2, minecraft, overwatch

mgsv

Star Wars Galaxies combat upgrade, turned the entire game to shite and killed it

Spiral Knights

I liked how early on it was simply about teching up as it were. I hated that they added so much magic to it. I would have preferred it be more about engineering and technology like TechIt.

I got 3 letters for you.

N G E

SHAZBOT

Literally TF2.

Nothing else compares.

I think the biggest one for me, was back in the day around the time Minecraft came out (alpha). This game called Ace of Spades was made, which was based on the Minecraft design, but molded into a shooter.

It was fucking great, it had Zombie modes and shit, but was eventually completely ruined by Jagex with updates removing dedicated servers and generally butchering the UI to the point unplayability......

all nogravity maps were removed aswell... playerbase dropped from a solid 10,000 or something to a 100 in a week or so...

If you ever want to go back in time, fire up the PS3/360 version of The Orange Box and play TF2. It'sthe original game before the hats/items/weapons/"economy" bullshit, just regular vanilla TF2 with specific classes that have specific weapons.

It's nice.

Binding of Isaac to a certain extent.

>Way more balanced
>Personalized characters and loadouts
>Mann Vs. Machine,
m8

Good night sweet prince

>when the potential for perfection is right fucking there and they keep messing it up

It hurts.

world of warcraft

thank god for private servers

>SWTOR
>FFXIV
>The Division
probably my fault for playing mmos but if you guys are playing them im glad you other anons are having fun though

And play it with whom?

Squad. V7 (vehicle) update
Even when its not crashing or bugs ruin everything, its just a complete clusterfuck now and ireally dont enjoy the new pace of the game

star wars galaxies

Chivalry

TRIBES ASCEND

Smash 4

Pokemon GO

What did they do?

The first beta patch to Archeage ruined the combat system entirely to the point where it lost a vast majority of it's playerbase.

Saw this thread and this was the first thing to come to mind. Damn shame.

Firefall dude.

From fun open world MMO with cool ideas and activities to korean moneygrabbing grinder.

Last time I've checked - they've removed crafring and thumping. And weapon uprading system is a random on random bullshit.

GTAIV's 1.0.7.0 update. Fucked up shadows, framerate, and some-fucking-thing so bad that all ENB's for it looked horrible. If you want the best graphics and performance GTAIV can have, you need the earlier version.

warthunder

HOO
HAA

t. hoohaa

Yes.

I will never forget how much fun i had with this game, its the game i put most hours so far at 600 hours. The Vanaduke boss fight was so fucking perfect oh god.

Yeah, I agree with this. People bitch about cosmetics, but that's nothing compared to the actual bad decisions being made.
>Equalizer split
>Phlogistinator
>stupid bugs that pop up in one update and persist
>quickplay gets modified to filter out community servers by default, which kills damn near all of them
>Helltower Halloween gifts made untradable, because gibe mone pls
>Merasmus sounds increasingly less like Vincent Price and more like a gay clown
>carnival year had its costume drops limited to two achievement unlocks, because gibe mone pls
>Babyface's Blaster fucked the game for a while since the scout was outrunning his hitbox
>last year's Halloween removed the old Haunted Halloween Gift system altogether and mixed over a hundred old cosmetics into the new drop system with the handful of new ones. All untradable, because gibe mone pls
>quickplay gets turned into lite competitive, which kills off more of the community
> and now I'm hearing some shit about how the Spy got casualized because of all the gibus shitters picking him and not having the skill to do jack shit for their team

Patched into the fucking ground.

Added cosmetics and missions, nobody plays normal floors anymore, everyone is in world 1 trading, added shortcuts to bosses layers, got rid of the energy system.

post'em

>>Babyface's Blaster fucked the game for a while since the scout was outrunning his hitbox

That's fucking hilarious.

>game i put most hours so far at 600
is that all?

>Spy got casualized

Are you fucking serious? Isn't the Spy entirely designed around "high skill floor, high skill ceiling?"

Yeh i know some people are at the thousands mark, so thats just me.

WoW

League of Legends

MINECRAFTAA

Got the snarbolax set before i stopped playing, it was edgy and so good. The rabid snarbolaxes boss fight was fun, never got to try dark vanaduke, shit seemed so challengin i wish i got to fight it.

Loudout, from what I hear.

Spy is only good if the other team is retarded. Skilled players will never be backstabbed.

Apparently he runs at near-scout speeds now, and you can couple that with the Dead Ringer's new speedboost and damage resistance to escape fucking anything.

>that fucking actual UI

what the fuck were they thinking.

you can get them back with 1.0 downgrader

The Culling ruined their combat system and could never make it as good again

>mfw normie friends mention they've spent a whole ONE HUNDRED HOURS playing a video game

w-wow that's incredible

The Slayer Edition update to Gauntlet fucked the games camera up pretty damn hard

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

FLAOT

How has no one said Runescape yet?

>We will never know what was at the core and rescue the team that got lost in there

Im so fucking sad i will remember this for the rest of my life.

> Install Spiral Knights a few years back solely to do the "throw a snowball at another player" achievement for the Steam Holiday thing
> join a game, throw a snowball, quit, uninstall
> out of curiosity check the game's forums and it's 100% threads bitching about "steam kiddies" ruining their games by joining, throwing a snowball at someone, and then quitting

It was fun being part of the problem

realm of the mad god got fucked

im sure several folks would say EverQuest but it had its best content after everyone quit.

real answer? EverQuest 2. Every game update dumbed down the game more and turned it into a shitty wow clone with more classes than raid slots.

the fuckers took away my platinum god on the original isaac because for some reason they felt the need to add shit to the original game

>Earthbound Immortal
That's pretty edgy, user

Easy. Global Agenda. They took a good game and fucking ruined it.

This. Original afterbirth was amazing yet Scammund felt some stuff needed to be nerfed and such.

Every MMO ever

I personally feel like they kept gradually making Guild Wars 2 worse with updates as time went on. Which is a shame because i did like it in the beginning and it was the only mmo that i played at it's launch, and then i just didn't give a shit anymore and stopped playing before the expansion.

Uncharted 2 had goat multiplayer and then an update massively nerfed player health turning it into a 'I saw you first so you die' game like cod.

It still has several full servers going at any given point.

Dragon's Crown for a good month got a patch that made the camera objectively worse to a point where it was almost unplayable. The second patch KIND of fixed it, but it was still bad for business.

Not Gay Enough?

based of a yugioh card I bet

Neon Genesis Evangelion?

What the hell did they do? I played it a little bit early and it was pretty good

Payday 2

I cant speak for the PS3 version but there's still people playing on 360. You might bump into a script kiddie here and there but its super rare to encounter them.

Personally I don't mind the XP system anymore but so many people quit because of it.

It's a stupid system anyway, teamwide XP = the one bad player on your team feeds and drags the rest of you down with him.