Redbull me on Mass Effect, why do many people claim it to be one of the best games for PC...

Redbull me on Mass Effect, why do many people claim it to be one of the best games for PC? Every time I read an article or watch a video about the best games for PC it is in the top 10 most of the time and a must play. Same goes for Assassin's Creed.

>redbull me

>Mass Effect
>Assassin's Creed
Both are heavily marketed post-XBOX launch era, TV/couch beer&pretzels cinematic experience.

Compare that to excellent RPGs right now on Steam that sell, like, a dozen thousands at best, say Age of Decadence or Serpent in the Staglands. Not marketed, more complex and require more effort to get in.

Also, alien "bonding" in ME.

>experience
How do gamers define the word "experience"?

good worldbuilding + waifus

It's pretty good.
I kinda miss Space Opera, this scratches that itch.

Simple RPG stuff that feels like 'UR CHOICES RELY MATTER' at times and writing that's absolutely mind-blowing if you've never encountered a piece of science-fiction more profound than JJ Abram's Star Trek movies.

>Redbull me

The first one is a really solid ARPG.
But that's about it. It's not remotely bad, but neither is it very special.

Assassin's Creed isn't really a must play unless you're really into fictional history, but I'd consider Mass Effect a must-play for any sci-fi fan.
It's pretty much a really good episode of Star Trek. It's got a pretty cool plot with some characters spouting technobabble that makes sense to you because it's well delivered and while there might be dumb dialogue and dumb moments, most of that is charming rather than a detriment.

>redbull me

it's a very well made ARPG with fun characters and a pretty fleshed out world with a good amount of world-building if you want to dig into it

the sequels throw all that out the window with awful characters and cheesy dialogue with no self-awareness and linear boring set-pieces

About the only thing it does well is lore. Bad combat, shit exploration, unholy asset reuse, humdrum story with lame villains, shallow companions. Every facet of the game screams "we needed 12 more months to finish," but at least the Codex and planet descriptions are neat.

Drink it all OP, play with the jitters!

>me1 reapers
>lame

A lot of it was belief in the hype due to really good marketing desu friend. ME1 was the only good one and even then any legacy it left is seriously tarnished now and the game itself is even overshadowed by it's inferior sequel that people think is superior. This shit with AC is a new one to me. I remember AC got good reviews at best. AC2 was a huge upgrade from the first game.

>why do many people claim it to be one of the best games for PC
They don't and if they do they're retarded.
DA: Origins was a really solid game even by the Old Bioware standards. This, on the other hand, is a shallow unfinished clunky TPS about defeating le ancient evil with your octopus waifu

Because it was, and Mass Effect 2 was also great, despite being overrated.

One of the last Bioware games with decent writing.

ME1 had a nice story but shitty gameplay.
ME2 had a shit story with meh gameplay.
ME3 had a shit story with decent gameplay.

pretty good worldbuiding, story, characters and combat. However the quality is rather descending from the best ME1 to the ME3 with the most hated ending in gaming history.

I agree, but there are not many other AAA space sci-fi RPGs

>Old BioWare will never come back
>The old BioWare who made a threesome ending for Jade Empire where you got both women

ME2 was the beginning of the end, and no one noticed at first due to the fact that they were enamored by the quirky characters

Gameplay-wise it was nothing compared to ME1, which was far more turn based and RPG-like. Even the weapons felt better in ME1, not to mention the addition of ammo in the second game was a shitty idea.

That said the presentation of the game was better, the new characters in 2 were indeed enjoyable, and things hadn't gone full SJW.

By 3 everything besides graphics had just gotten worse and not better, even the new companions were horrible.

>That ashley body
Shame not 100℅ same ingame

I beat ME1 a few years ago and no longer have the save file. I'm about to start ME2. Should I try and download a save file from somewhere online to import, or just go in vanilla?

>Gameplay-wise it was nothing compared to ME1

ME1 gameplay involved running up to the enemy and pistol whipping them until they died. The RPG elements didn't really add anything to it.

don't let wrex be dead user
find a save

It was, many many years ago, OP.

PC needs some new games.

And limiting ammo on the fun weapons and making ammo types powers instead of mods you have to strategically pick a weapon for (not to mention reducing the amount that existed) did? It's not like thermal clips added anything to the game besides occasional annoyance.

I replayed through the entirety of ME1 just for ME2.
To be honest, I don't look forward to doing it two more times, despite how much I enjoy both games.

PStripple version has a motion comic ME1 save creator.

Find a save if it's another system.

I believe there are save editors

ME1 was just running around with 3 biotics and shooting the defenseless floating targets with heat sink upgraded pistols so you'd never have to stop shooting.

>ME1, which was far more turn based and RPG-like
And you actually fucking believe that, jesus christ. Have you even played the piece of shit you're defending? The "RPG elements" are so incredibly rudimentary and with not much thought put into them. It's like calling call of duty RPG because you earn experience and choose perks
>Even the weapons felt better in ME1
No they fucking didn't, they felt clunky, cheaply and hastily made which they were. Bioware just did not know how to create a good shooter so of course they failed miserably in that regard. Don't confuse your nostalgia with actual quality

The argument was ME1 vs ME2 and 3, not whether ME1 was good or not. If you just don't like Mass Effect period then why are you here? Explain why combat in ME2 was better or gtfo.
>nostalgia
I played the trilogy for the first time last summer, fag.

Is Black Flag good? Will it give me my much needed Pirate fix? Or should I look elsewhere?

>Explain why combat in ME2
What's even there to explain, it's just a better game overall.
The game stopped trying to be a really really shitty RPG like ME1 and instead focused on the TPS mechanics. Shooting weapons actually feels like shooting and doesn't just break down to installing one of the meaningless upgrades to your weapon (class of which absolutely doesn't matter because they feel the same) alongside the heat reduction upgrade, the cover mechanics actually works now, the hitbox quality is miles upon miles ahead of ME1, skills started to have oomph to them.
And holy shit it was so refreshing to not being forced into le ancient evil has awoken story for once in the entire series and instead focus on what Bioware actually did decently, the characters.