My inner 6 years old self is crying

My inner 6 years old self is crying

What were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

thonky.com/ocarina-of-time/ocarina-songs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What were they thinking?

>Lets see if this makes user get mad enough to post online about it

I'm quite pissed. They could've mapped it like on N64 without any issues this change was unnecessary

I just played the songs by hear

>not wanting to freestyle your tunes

I agree. At least they make it easy with the song book thing but fuck me why do that?

i THOUGHT THIS was A FUCKING edit AND IT ISN'T.

thonky.com/ocarina-of-time/ocarina-songs

Seriously.

>Saria's Song

>RYX RYX

>Epona's Song
>AXY AXY

RIGHT UP LEFT?

FUCKING
RIGHT
FUCKING
UP
FUCKING
LEFT?

XAY is the same pattern, it just starts on a different button.

N64 is LURLUR
3DS is URLURL

thats what OPs getting at, LR swap with UY on the button mapping
15 years and now they want me to press up instead of left?

It doesn't take that long to get used to. They had to modify the Ocarina controls for the 3DS somehow since the 3DS doesn't have 6 face buttons. Plus, maybe they were thinking about how all of the songs in the game would play on the 3DS, not just Zelda's Lullaby.

Doesn't really bother me since I get a version of the game with improved inventory management, a better framerate, a less cumbersome Water Temple due to the colored lines, and gyroscope aiming that can be useful.

this is an outrage

fuck you nintendo

what in gods name.

LEFT, RIGHT TRIGGER, RIGHT.

NOT EVEN LEFT, DOWN RIGHT TRIGGER (WHICH WOULD MAKE SENSE)

>played the songs by hear
>songs by hear
>by hear

B cancels the Ocarina input. What else would you use to cancel input?

L, R, Y, X, and A are the only other buttons available.

B cancelled the input on N64 too so it's bogus

Holy hell who cares

this, jesus christ

the 3DS doesn't have the same layout as the N64, they're gonna have to make concessions

>who cares

You're the same kind of casual that don't care about Link being righty.

Let me explain you why it's essential: Link is lefty since Zelda 1 as a nod to Miyamoto being a lefty artist. The Motion controls ruined everything good about Link

They could've done something cute using the touchscreen to control the ocarina instead. But I guess that would take actual work.

people would bitch about that too

Not him, but considering it's canon that every Link is different I don't see a problem with some of them being a righty.

You autists get trigger about fucking anything, don't you? I hope nobody lives with you, I imagine you having a sperg fit if you see something in a slightly different position when you come back home.

but my nig nog

youre doing it wtrong

64 has 6 face buttons with 4 being used as directional in puts. 3DS only has 4 buttons.

Seeing how agressive you are on an irrelevant topic at 4am I really wonder who's the autistic sperg

the answer is everyone

here's a reddit gold for you my friend

>The four face buttons as the respective C button direction
>Use R for A's input
>L to cancel
Wouldn't that have worked better?

people who never played the original would never notice that it had been changed.they updated them so that people replaying the game have something new to learn, instead of the same playing the songs the old boring way :^)

This guy

Get off my board phoneposters

Is there a mod to fix it?

Does sonics blue arms poss you off?

I once had a roomate who would notice every little movement. He bought new shampoo once and I picked it up to smell it, and the next day he said I used his shampoo because it was in a different position. Like even things i would never use of someone elses. So I started moving all his shit slightly.

He was a really weird guy

Basically you probablly have alot of people like this on v who are probablly on the spectrum

The n64 version is the best version.

Even with 20fps.

Does it bother you that much that you would download a mod? Please explain your thinking behind it. I'm curious

>So I started moving all his shit slightly.
This worse than the OCD the person has.
People who have a need to act upon someone else differences is true autism.

>he plays games on handhelds

it's time to kill yourself, user

There's a fine line between accepting differences and borderline autism shit.

Even with motion controls they could have kept him a lefty. I'm a lefty and played tp and ss with the remote in the right hand. Not a problem at all.

Why didn't they just remap the C buttons to the d-pad?

Are they retarded?

Because "B" is typically cancel.

I would've mapped ^>v< to the D-Pad though, and A to L.

You can use the touch screen for the inputs.

>I imagine you having a sperg fit if you see something in a slightly different position when you come back home

I fucking hated when my mom "cleaned" the whole house. My room was always the cleanest but she'd still pop in to clean and move everything. Something always disappeared when she decided to clean.

It was an excuse to raid your room for anything that you're not "supposed" to have.