playstation.com/en-us/games/ace-combat-7-ps4/
acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Emmeria-Estovakia War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah.

Unlike AC7.

FUCK OFF BELKANFAGS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>9 months since the announcement trailer was released

I'm sure Project Aces is hard at work on it. Right?

Right??

Belka did literally, quantifiably nothing wrong.

OSEAN DOGS

is it still some crazy ps4 VR exclusive?

It was never VR exclusive, user.

playstation.com/en-us/games/ace-combat-7-ps4/

specifically:

PlayStation®4 players will be further immersed in ACE COMBAT 7’s realism through exclusive features developed specifically for the Sony PlayStation VR.

don't get me wrong, i really don't want this to be true either

Kono already confirmed that Ace Combat 7 can use VR or not

>that horrible 90s render tower from some autist who just discovered circles and toroids

Looks like we AC Joint Assault Horizon Legacy Devil Survivor Off The Record now

>that tower
Resident Evil Revilations: Shattered Skies?

RE: Revs II's Mercenaries/Raid Mode was basically already Electrosphere. Almost literally Electrosphere, really -- people take on the shells of war in virtual space to face their greatest fears to create the best battle machines, and have their minds break for it.

And also then it got translated badly for western audiences with a lot of features removed and apologetic DLC later on.

Tower looks nice buddy

>that stupid tower

PRIDE

Its a nice big tower

Is that Ryan Reynolds?

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

WITH THE ANGELS

>tower
It's a space elevator.

>ITS LITERALLY THE CITY FROM RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS

k a f k a e s q u e

FEEEEEDS THEIR BLACKENED HEAAARTS

>space elevator in a setting plagued by so many extinction-level meteor showers that the world has literally not had enough time to develop nuclear weapons inbetween falling into utterly pointless resource wars with inexplicably modern weaponry

SURELY THIS WILL NOT GO EXACTLY LIKE LITERALLY EVERY OTHER ACE COMBAT GAME HAS GONE AND SURELY THIS ISN'T YET ANOTHER FUCKING RAILGUN BUILD AGAINST LIKE EVERY TREATY EVER THAT NOT EVEN THE PROTAGONISTS OF ASSAULT HORIZON WOULD BE SURPRISED AT ANYMORE.

I just hope that people won't start talking like they're NASA scientists the same way people insist they're apex aerospace engineers because they prefer the SU47 to the F22 or vice-versa, or act like they're the best general ever because they had the thought of "What if we shelled somewhere with railguns WITHOUT sending a squadron of fighters to warn them first?"

>tfw recently bought a brand new 360 just to play AC6

Why? AC6 sucks.

t. someone who unironically enjoyed western electrosphere, got HAWX as a stopgap years later, manged to enjoy even that, and STILL hated AC6.

the allied assault/support thing is cute but as an arcade flyan gaem with cool fighter planes, it's pretty meh. And the story is oppressively anime, even for someone who unironically watched Bleach and Naturo back in the day.

How the fuck do you weaponize a space elevator?

Its Excalibur but bigger.

drop stuff off it? idk. it's fucking ace combat, maybe there's a giant chemical laser on it because fuck international weapons treaties, there's meteors i guess???

Never played AC0 can someone explain what did guy does?

>break the space elevator, causing the cables to drop across the surface
or
>take weapons into space and drop them on your enemies
or
>use the elevator's laser defense system to drop meteorites across the planet
I wouldn't be surprised if we're going to space like we did in Electrosphere either so that opens up even more possibilities.

A bunch of people fought a war exclusively in the sky, and almost exclusively over oceans or unsettled mountain ranges. as a result, not much changed strategically or politically, but a lot of famous air show pilots died and so their families were sad about it. The end.

>>break the space elevator, causing the cables to drop across the surface
this happens as part of Eclipse Phase's "ancient" canon and it only fucks up the indian subcontinent, really

it fucks it up HARD but over a comparatively small area with not a lot of inhabited zones along it, because really, a space elevator cable is big, but not THAT big.

>use the elevator's laser defense system to drop meteorites across the planet
its almost definitely going to be this. Team Aces is fucking obsessed with meteors for some reason. There's a fucking meteor defence mission in AC:I for fucks sake, and it interrupts a major battle between factions too. and i think that game's original superweapon actually is some kind of device that attracts and sends down meteors

>Team Aces is fucking obsessed with meteors for some reason.

Meteors are pretty fucking awesome to be fair.

Not awesome enough for like 10 games to all have basically the same exact plot and same exact "just before this game takes place" lore.

>Becomes a mercenary pilot
>His homeland gets cheated out of land and money during an economic crisis by Osea
>Is forced to defend itself by going to war and reclaiming its stolen land
>Hired to fight against his own country, isn't happy but deals with it
>Gradually gets more anti-war as the conflict drags on
>Snaps when Belka is forced to nuke itself to prevent the Oseans from taking their capital and installing a puppet regime
>Joins a terrorist group that tells him what he wants to hear and promises that all war is caused by governments and if they destroy those governments then war will be stopped forever
>Pilots a stolen experimental plane and helps launch a nuclear-dispersal superweapon that would destroy most of the major capital cities of the world and throw international politics into anarchy
>Ultimately defeated, realizes he was being a retarded jackass, and thanks you for stopping him from making a big mistake while becoming a mercenary on the ground

The meteors are only critical to the plot in 4 and 6. 4 was what caused the refugee crisis and enabled Stonehenge while Estovakia in 6 was a desperate military state because they got wrecked by Ulysses fragments.

3, 5, and 0 have almost nothing to do with the meteors. They're an important part of the setting but they aren't the crux of the plot at all.

>The meteors are only critical to the plot in 4 and 6.
And 5. And Zero. And 4. And 3. And 2. And Infinity.

>muh booklet/remake canon

It's not critical to the plot if it's never mentioned in the game

>Zero
Zero takes place four years before Ulysses even happens.

>5
The entire plot happens because of Belkans refusing to accept they lost the war.

>3
Megacorps and AI, I don't even remember the meteors being mentioned. The closest thing is the space mission.

>2
>Infinity
They barely have stories.

>it's 100% integral to why the setting makes any sense
>"i-ids not canon ;_;"
strangereal apologists are the fucking worst

What the fuck are you even on about, there's absolutely no reason why a FICTIONAL universe can't have wars for reasons other than "muh Ulysses"

>strangereal apologists

Oh let me guess, you're an AH fan

>there's absolutely no reason why a FICTIONAL universe can't have wars for reasons other than "muh Ulysses"
exactly so why has it literally never happened in any ace combat game

even in AC6 they straight up say "Why are the Yukes attacking? I guess the meteor strikes ruined their economy and made them crazy lol"

>AC6
>Yukes
Im not him btw

Youre not my buddy, pal.

See
If you want to prove your point give me some lines from one of those games that mentions meteors.

Also
>AC6
>Yukes

I betting you haven't even played the games

wasnt it the yukes? fuck it, AC6 does a piss poor job of explaining what the fuck is happening. maybe it was the emmerians? they really dont bother explaining any of the countries or their relevance or stake in whats going on anywhere you go to blow up stuff

the only story beats are of individuals you give no shits about because theyre not in your squadron and do exactly zero of merit (except the tank crew that guarantee you always succeed in taking the capitol in the climax mission because theyre trying to rob a bank and fuck it up somehow???)

Dont give him a (You). Its clear his first game is AH

Now can we go back to being a buddy?

>want to play Ace Combat
>hate consoles with a violent, autistic passion

Why must life be this way?

Electrosphere was the best game in the series

acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Emmeria-Estovakia War

Read it

Emulation exists

You're not my pal, friend.

You're not my friendo, bud.

You're not my bud, amigo.

>I betting you haven't even played the games

AC is a fun series but the plot is bad.

Not all of them are bad. I found 4, 5 and 0 interesting in both aspects.

>Only posts AC6

That's nice, but I hope you don't expect me to take your opinion on the series seriously after playing only one game that had a mixed reception anyway

Well I think the strangereal chronology is dumb and makes very little sense and the pointless wars the countries fall into every decade or so don't seem to really be over anything. All the major setpiece battles are either over seas or mountain ranges -- useless. The closest it gets to a real battle over something of clear strategic importance is Liberation of Gracemeria, and even then, it's preceeded by a series of fortifications in literal deserts that do literally nothing for anyone, and you get extra points for blowing up your own factories and oil fields. It's all really, really dumb.

>live-action character played by an actor who is very clearly not Yuri Lowenthal
>still voiced by Yuri Lowenthal
I just can't fucking escape this guy

Yeah I'm still alive, unlike the series.

>tfw AC7 is going to be dumbed down for VR players and be the easiest game in the series

Can't wait for the disappointment

Is the 3DS game any good?

theres a lets play of it on something awful

what's wrong with yuri lowenthal?

This better not be another "wait for 4 hours to play a single mission" bullshit again

Well, thats your perception. I find the series interesting especially Zero where characters have a nice backstory.

If you can get around the awkward 3DS controls it's a straight remake of AC2 and pretty much a return to formula after AH

I heard the + version supports the N3DS nub which would work better but I haven't tried it myself

Nothing besides him being fucking everywhere

>mfw Ace Combat > Dark Souls

>tfw can't pick a favorite aircraft

Does anyone here play Infinity?

I kinda wanna try it out, but it's F2P online shit, so I'm afraid most of the people I'll play with will be the types to bash me for being low level.

>Osea lies about the resources in territory
>Allows its allies to invade and annex land without any repercussions
>The instant Belka tries to defend itself they drag the entire world into an all-v-1 conflict
>Allow themselves to be manipulated by a huge global conspiracy that triggers the largest war in modern Strangereal history
>Builds guns in orbit and violates the sanctity of space
>Sells out their citizens to corporate interests in the future and ushers in a megacorp dystopia

WHY do people defend the fucking Oseans again? If Belka had won the war it would've literally averted almost every major crisis afterward.

First few levels you're pitted with beginners, so there's not much to fear until you reach 2nd Lt.

You're probably going to be turned off with the fuel system though. Seriously what the fuck were they thinking with that?

Dont worry. I never got bashed by any online game but they get angry at me for getting a high score despite he got a higher match rating. Its good to try

Belka isn't exactly free of crim either
>secede territory
>see it booming
>oh shit better take them back again by force
That said, Osea is the biggest bitch back then.
>launch operation to show how mighty they are and steal the credit, despite the fact other countries are doing fine without their help.
>get their butts whipped in B7R that other countries had to to bail them out.
>WE DID IT! NOW WE WANT LAND
Holy shit, no wonder the pillars and AWWNB happened

>"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible. I bet you do, too, Buddy."

Alright then, I might give it a go tonight.

>Hired to fight against his own country, isn't happy but deals with it
He never says anything one way or the other about flying against Belka. You don't even know he's Belkan unless you check the Ace Records or whatever they're called, and his record only appears after you finish the campaign.

Meteors aren't mentioned once in AC5 or AC0. AC4 only mentions them because the superweapons were built to shoot them down, but they don't factor into the game's actual plot at all.

You'll have to get over your hate of consoles. The best you can do on PC is Vector Thrust, which isn't in a great state right now.

>AC4 only mentions them because the superweapons were built to shoot them down,
You can literally hear them crashing on the earth in the final mission's briefing music AND you can SEE them falling DURING the final mission itself.

>women pilots

Don't they know you have to be good at math and have excellent endurance and reflexes to pilot a military aircraft?

Dont forget the Storyteller Boy's cutscene

Thats because girls cant be aces

You can't fix this kind of shit in a couple of years, m80.

I don't remember either of those things happening, but even if they did, that's just ambiance for the mission. I wouldn't call something that only appears in the very last mission and doesn't actually affect gameplay "critical to the plot".

>critical to the plot
They're the reason both Stonehenge was built, how are they not critical to the plot?

The plot itself doesn't involve them. You don't have to capture Stonehenge or Megalith to stop a meteor. There's no in-game threat from meteors. The superweapons could have been built for any other reason and it wouldn't have changed the story.

Meteors never even strike at all in AC6 and they are literally the only reason the game's events take place at all.

The entirety of strangereal revolves around constant (threat of) meteor strikes, and Team Aces is clearly obsessed with the concept -- the final mission in AC:I is literally halted entirely because OH SHIT MORE FUCKING METEORS

What other reason would they have build a giant anti-meteor railgun ring system for?

You do realize ACI is just a reboot that doesn't even take place in strangereal, right?

They could have just been simple WMDs. That's all they're used for in the game.

>The entirety of strangereal revolves around constant (threat of) meteor strikes
Then why do AC5 and AC0 not even mention them?

it has superb gameplay but the fuel system is fucking garbage and you're getting into it far too late

it's pretty much a dead game these days. it has a small but loyal playerbase, but these are people who have been playing since the beginning and are all flying superplanes by now. have fun trying to score any points when it still takes you 3 missiles to down a plane while everyone else is nailing them with one missile from twice as far out as you.

it's just not fun.

Because strangereal existed before Ulysses. It revolves around the concept of meteor crashes but it sure as hell wasn't fucking born from one.

I'd rather have nagase the one that bitching about "MUH PEACE" than a pansy ass dude

does someone have the huge worldmap of ace combat

The real one, or that fake one that has names like "Islamic Europan Union" on it?

Wait, what's the fake one?

Osea is such an abomination
I'd love if it balkanized or something so the map would become more aesthetic, shame we have Ace Combat 3 restricting any future timeline development.

>Wait, what's the fake one?
Here it is.