This could have been summed up in one paragraph, he is padding his channel

this could have been summed up in one paragraph, he is padding his channel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0eTQW7hQP1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=aPK2RnpEgPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jesus what the fuck

>that penguin

The point at which you are no longer impressed, know this already, and understand that no practical usage for this is present, you begin to stop caring even if it's for the shitposting/memes.

He's worn out all his shit. He has nothing left to show so he's struggling to find new things.

Amazing, now I know about blink cycles in mario 64.

>half square

There's no such thing as a half square, it's a rectangle.

One day he'll manage to kill the impossible Goomba and that's when he can finally rest in piece.

H-how does mr. I blink?

What happens if someone half blinks?

why tho

But to answer that, we need to talk about parallell blinks

It is pretty interesting that the developers bothered to make a unique blinking system for each creature. So only 0.001% of players would notice

I do find it interesting(?) they bothered to program a timer for Peach's blinking when she only appears in cutscenes and could have just set it manually.

oh come the fuck on

You mean literally only this guy in particular would notice several years later

if no one stops him, he may become unstoppable

I think a few attentive players would notice different blinking but wouldn't think into it too much afterwards

user, there can be many save files for one man, but not many men for one save file.

A BLINK FRAME IS A BLINK FRAME YOU CANT SAY IT'S JUST HALF

this guy pisses me the fuck off
can we stop fucking shilling his videos?

youtube.com/watch?v=0eTQW7hQP1Q

What's that? Pannenkoek doesn't know how to teleport? This guy's figured it out 8 years ago

Still don't understand how autistic you have to be to claim pressing a button doesn't count because you never released it.
>a hurr de durr, he pressed it in the previous level, therefore it doesn't count for this level
The input for the level in question is still registered by the game. None of this makes sense unless you're counting physical presses of the buttons on the controller, which is retarded in its own way, because I can easily keep a button depressed and wiggle it around to achieve multiple inputs off of a single "press".

>Pause the game
>Penguin stares at you and keeps blinking

telepor' requires an A-press

Ok, "henry"

You can't telepor without using the a button though

Holding the A button has different effects. Releasing it doesn't.
How is this difficult.

How can one person have so much autism?

That only further proves no such thing as "half a press" exists. An input is an input. Why should it matter what physical action by the player triggered it?

because the input of pressing the button and the input of holding it gives you different results.

When are we getting that $1k bounty Cred Forums?

Because if you let go it doesn't let you do those things.
You hold A so you can press B to do jump kicks without jumping, it's basic shit, everybody learned how to do that when they played Mario 64, it was the cheesiest way to beat the Big Bully.

Both are an input. I restate my question: what do the player's physical actions matter here? And if they don't matter, why was pannenautist making such a big deal out of it?

They don't. The guy is just obsessed with the fewest physical presses for whatever reason.

I have to wonder what would happen if this Nintoddler found out there actually are pressure-sensitive controllers where you actually can do a legitimate half-press. Such as the PS2 pad.

But I guess it's too much to expect a Nintendo fan to do his research.

>what do the player's physical actions matter here?

Because that's the challenge all the people involved agreed to.

There's no official in-game achievement, or Nintendo company guidelines, as to what the challenge is.

Just a bunch of people saying "I bet you can't beat Mario 64 without pressing the A button during a level."

What you're looking for is "I bet you can't beat Mario 64 without pressing the A button at anytime." That's not the challenge they're competing in.

Shut up retard

Wait. So what you're telling me is Mario 64 players agreed to do a challenge based on the number of button presses when there are MULTIPLE FUCKING FUNCTIONS tied to the same button, and their game's engine re-registers continuous input upon loading a level?

Someone didn't think this through.

>I bet you can't beat Mario 64 without pressing the A button during a level.
See above. Pressing the button down before a level loads means nothing but autistic sophistry, since the game engine registers the input ("press") as soon as the level is loaded anyway. Basing a challenge on a physical action by the player that can be easily exploited is fucking stupid.

You mean one A press. You start off with A PRESSED down. PRESSED down. PRESSED. One PRESS. One A PRESS, not half an A PRESS. /thread

But I only pressed it very softly (even though the game still registered the input), so it doesn't count :^)))

That's actually really interesting though from a behind the scenes perspective.
Imagine you are a programmer and have to find a way to control blinking for several creatures, how do you do that?
It shows what lengths the programmers went to implement functions that the average player never will even notice.
A simple "wait X frames then blink" would have satisfied most of them.

>wait X frames
Only the Japanese tie animations to frames rendered.

It always tickles me how indignant some people get over the idea of a half A press.
Doesn't even effect you, and yet it's still enough to be up in arms about, because self-imposed challenges are autism.

Even so, I miss when these threads weren't rampant memery and people getting really angry, it's gotten to the point where there's like fifty ctrl+f results for autism within ten posts.

I don't even care because the objective is 0 presses, half presses are just a placebo for a short time before the main thing

fpbp

At least he is not Spirit Of The Law.
youtube.com/watch?v=aPK2RnpEgPA

What the fuck is this?

Pannankoek hasn't met the time gods yet, or whatever

He knows he's become a meme.

>The input for the level in question is still registered by the game.
the input is being registered as the button being held down for the entire duration of the level, this gives off a different reaction from Mario than if you were to simply press it, which triggers the jump.

This is in relation to runs people do of SM64 where they try to get as few A-presses as they can, and that's why he demonstrates that you can beat some levels by using 'half' A-presses.

True, but when I saw the way Mario and Peach are 'synched' at the ending, I had to think to myself: It would have really stood out like a sore thumb if you saw both of them blinking at the same time during the ending. I can imagine, that the devs originally didn't even think of this and then noticed it in the ending, leading them to add that integer to Peach's algorithm in order to fix that.

I wonder if he'll ever move onto another game?

I think the only thing that would make him move on, is to defeat the 1 a-press pole so he can do a 0 a press any% completion of the game. And also killing the mystery goomba