He saved vidya. Apologize!

He saved vidya. Apologize!

Thanks Phil

Thanks for making more different versions of the same console than exclusives for said console

Thanks for getting scared jumping ship to PC the very second you fall behind your competitor

Thanks for making the millions of Kinects that people own literally useless

Thanks for killing games like Tomb Raider and Dead Rising because of your timed exclusivity

Thanks for charging hundreds of dollars for a controller with a different dpad

Thanks for giving up on your consoles so early in their lifespan

Thank you for introducing the cancer of console “upgrades”

Based Phil, truly /ourguy/. Trust me I saw him wear a Battletoads shirt he totally gets us!

To be fair, I wouldn't have wanted his job. Not that everything you just said isnt true.

It's not like he entered the company after others fucked up the xbone, he was there and on board with all the original bullshit.

Uh no he wasn't you fucking idiot.

With shitty PC ports and no exclusives?

>He's kissing an ass of a pooinloo dataminer

PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL
SPENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Didn't he threaten to quit because things were so bad at the Xbox division?

You are not ACTUALLY this stupid, right? 2/10 bait made me reply

he was head of microsoft studios, likely the first one pushing for always online and killing physical games

That's like saying scea is in charge of the PlayStation. No they're just in charge of making the games

>find out Spencer worked on Encarta
Holy shit

You mean xbone, but I have to agree the changes Phil did created less fuck ups and thus less responsive spin marketing.

The biggest master stroke would be to have announced Scorpio and specs early at ridiculous levels even if it won't be cost effective to sell / compete with PC.

Imagine if he backs out on it because of the costs associated with selling it, since he can't bundle it with games.

Game sold consoles, just Sony was on top of deals that ended up being subpar games. Look at GTAV, Sony held an edge on FPS, Destiny got 1 year privilege. They also provided the only unique challenging game this generation in an over saturated casual market.

Microsoft has Forza, and even jeopardised the PC version to ensure people consider it for xbone.

The xbone did put a refocus on games, but they went in the wrong direction. When they had a chance to do a huge marketing lead for a game such as Tomb Raider, they fucked it, same with Titanfall.

I imagine they backed Ubisoft marketing for games like Watch Dogs, look how that turned out.

Only reason a console 'upgrade' had to exist in the first place was because Don Mattrick was trying to get the Wii/gimmick/doesn't play games but watches NFL audience and hamstrung the Xbox One with appalling specs so they could afford to pack $200 Kinects in with every unit, which cost billions in R&D and never resulted in a single decent game.

Then he went to Zynga and tanked them so hard they're on the verge on bankruptcy.

Thanks Don

Watch Dogs was on Sony‘s side, as was Far Cry 4. Microsoft got The Division and Rainbow Six. Funny thing is that Assassin's creed is usually with Sony but the ONE year MS got it was fucking Unity, the next year it went back to Sony lel

Sony practically stole the sport titles and casual FPS genre as well, which is the prime audience of middle income console market.
Also don't forget Microsoft were the first to announce Xbone, and marketed it so hard about 'the greatest exclusives' for an early release to secure the field. This 'next generation' was a mistake, it was graphical fidelity of the cinematic games / realistic generation.

The game play took a huge backspin, and even physics.

Honestly phil is just too much a pussy and pc cuck and i hate his none competitive vibe/ anti fanboy. I actually really miss don matrick. He would never let the xbox one become what it is too day with all the games coming to pc. The people who were mad at the e3 2013 shit were either poorfags and ponies lol.

His plan to make Xbox One digital-only with no second hand or physical market was fucking retarded. He was rightfully ousted from his position

He really saved vidya by killing the xbone

He is the hero we needed

Microsoft makes most of their money through Windows licensing, not the Xbox division. Not having any games on PC would hurt them more in the long run no matter how successful Xbone would be, since the Windows monopoly relies on people being "used" to Windows and growing up with it. The Xbox was meant to be complimentary to Windows, and to prevent a Sony monopoly on console gaming. The 360 and Xbone however were actively harmful to Windows gaming though and the Xbox division was becoming detrimental to Microsoft as a whole, they had to reign them in. Yes, you can argue porting every Xbone game to PC might seem a little excessive but this is the end result of Mattrick's arrogance. As soon as Xbox started becoming antagonistic to Windows it was going to get taken down a peg. This isn't Sony where the Playstation brand is fundamental to their business.

But that's still the same defence for their gaming division. 'It's ok Xbone is such a fuck up, parent company will bail us out'.

The Xbone division and gaming brand is closer to SEGA than ever. All it will take is for no one to buy into their lies and get Scorpio.

For all the shiposting, how many people will purchase the most expensive as fuck offering of a console to date? It's suppose to be a PC competitor, it will be the biggest laugh since there are NO REASONS to upgrade, they just wanted to stop being the ass munchers of this generation since the xbone hardware is flawed for gaming and has been patch as far as it can go for this console gen.

*getting Scorpio,
as in if no one buys Scorpio Xbone will cease to exist, imagine half the sales again, that won't justify the price and that's what it looks like it will be with how awful their marketing is.

>company men saving anything
>mfw finally able to afford an xbone after all the gimmicks & hype die down....2 months later....next,next generation, but still no games

Apparently he fucked up so badly in damaging Microsoft's brand name and business that it got Bill Gates to march back on campus and yell at him for an hour about how much he sucked before firing him (Bill's still on the board of the Directors and has the authority).

Well the PS Pro is supposed to be a PC Compeditor and failed the minute it was officially announced never mind it's losing exclusives to PC left and right (Yakuza being the latest one to go to Master Race Island). No one knows what the future of consoles will be.

He saved PC gaming, retard

There is no reason to own an Xbox One now

>'It's ok Xbone is such a fuck up, parent company will bail us out'.
But that's not what happened. Spencer, the new head of Xbox, is a guy who historically worked on PC software, all the Xbone games are going to PC, and the Xbox brand now includes PC gaming. Mattrick fucked up so bad the Windows division literally had to absorb the Xbox brand to reign it in. Scorpio is closer to a prebuilt PC than a console.

Pro didn't fail, it's been topping amazon preorder charts on amazon world wide and it'll sell well. It also dose compete with PC on price easily.

Sega already came out and said Yakuza 0 is not coming to PC and those wishing for it are going to be severely disappointed. The fact that third party publishers are so closely linked with Sony that property they don't even own is considered exclusive to their consoles right off the bat is a testament to the strength of the PS4's brand, the total opposite of what you think.

Nope. Yakuza is coming to PC and PS4 Pro has already been a failure as it is barely outselling the latest games along with the constant string of bad news like Horizon Zero Dawn and Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare are only running 1080P upscaled to 4K on Pro.

It failed at the first hurdle trying to compete with PCs and now the 3rd party publishers are migrating to PC, the biggest platform in the world.

Can someone explain what happened.
Been out of the loop for a few months.

Phil killed the xbox one in the latest E3, he saved the vidya industry

>Yakuza is coming to PC

lol

Sega already confirmed it's not coming to PC.

Sony has already stated that the Pro is aimed at PS4 owners, not PC users. PC users are going to buy the PS4 anyway for Bloodborne, Persona, Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts and the Last Guardian, they don't need to compete with a multiplatform platform.

The Pro has been topping amazon video games globally since it's announcement anyway, and even if it dose compete with PC it already wins in terms of pricing alone.

Yes you are totally telling the truth bill gates totally yelled at don
Dumb lying fuckhead

Pro has the VR gimmick, and is literally 2 PS4's stuck together so they are saving a fuck tonne of money on it.

You are right that the marketing has abysmally failed, but it's got games going for it like Persona 4, Ace Combat 7, Nioh, World of FF, and all these other games that have been in the works justifying an upgraded experience, especially FFXIV comparisons.
'What if the latest Square Enix game is good? All it would take is a bundle and the PS4 suddenly has a launch title ahead of Scorpio.'

Also about Yakuza this was SEGA’s response to this:

“All that is confirmed and all that players should expect is a PlayStation 4 release. There is no PC version in production.”

People actually fell for NeoGAF bait, this is how you new Cred Forums fucktards behave sucking on hypothetical shit.

Nier is the sleeper hit for a small part of PS4 faithful community that PC has gotten, that's the only focus this point can dwell on. It's on the level of Dragons Dogma, so people are gloating since PC can do it better for the series.
Make no mistake though, these type of games are developed for the Japanese audience first, like how Japanese fighting developers only focus on fighting communities and say fuck you to every other kind of input.

Xbox users are not too bright, take it easy on them, literally all of their exclusives actually got ported to PC rendering the console obsolete on every level conceivable so they need to take it out on somebody.

I have a xbone and wii u this gen with no plans for anything else. Microsoft and nintendo have always provided me with good times and theyve done well since their launches. Slow starts but bounced back very well

PC already won user. Sega didn't want to confirm the PC version's existence yet. It's getting ported. So are Persona 5, Nioh and Ace Combat 7. It makes no sense to have console exclusives any more. Especially with such disappointing hardware "Upgrade" that can only do 1080P on the latest Call Of Duty.

PS4 Pro is Sony sitting in a bunker with a gun to its head after its V2 rockets failed.

PC has rendered the PS4 and PS4 Pro obsolete before the Pro even launched. It's no wonder Sonyggers are in absolute denial about their dead console and they need to take it out on xcucks because they have no future as well.

I can see a world where Xbone is kill, Microsoft starts funding PC only games that enhance the PC gaming landscape again with untouchable specs console can't obtain. Sony dominates the middle ground, and people are free to embrace NX to once again justify synergy between having all consoles in a generation again.
Nintendo still dominates the handheld market, Sony and the AAA market with less pressure will lead to a rush of A grade games again, harking back to the PS2 era of game development. There might be a lot of trash, but new original titles will start appearing again leading to the big ones.

Imagine if Bungie took their experience from Xbone, and focused completely on PC. Destiny would have been guaranteed to be less shit, and Sony fags would cry it's PC only but the game wouldn't be playable any other way.

Most recent Xbone update did nothing but FUCK EVERYTHING UP.

Constantly spammed with "friend is online" messages even when they're not even online. Literally every 5-10 minutes for days at a time. THANKS PHIL.

Cannot receive messages anymore. If I do they're an hour late. Friends can't just invite me to games anymore, now I got to go to the friends list (which takes ages to update) and join them that way. Such a pain in the ass. THANKS PHIL.

UI got even laggier, games are taking longer than ever to load for no fucking reason. THANKS PHIL.

To top it all off, half the games I use to own I don't own anymore apparently. Xbone flat out states I do not own the game anymore even though I have the disk to it in my fucking hands and then diverts me to the store page to buy it again. Only way to get these games working now is put in the disk and hope the console automatically plays it. THANKS PHIL.

Man, the Xbone is a piece of shit and gets worse with every fucking update.

>PC already won user

The fact you have to lie about PC receiving console ports literally ingrains it's position as a platform, it is a secondary platform that relies on console(s) for games. It didn't win anything other than being on the back burner of the industry, unsure weather or not it'll get a fraction of the first and third party exclusives consoles receive.

PS4 owners are going to PC's for exclusives because it doesn't have any, PC users will buy the PS4 for Bloodborne, Persona, Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts and the Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, Gravity Rush, Nioh, Yakuza 0 and the list goes on. Sony doesn't need to compete with a multiplatform platform.

How many exclusives dose the Xbox have left anyway? Genuinely curious.

Stop using bait articles by no name authors, suggestion in conversation is unsubstantial compared to a direct statement.

This is twitter source quality of argument, Sega has already confirmed there is no port, Atlus as well have confirmed never ever, Ace Combat may get ported, but they DO have a history of exclusivity, Nioh getting a port, maybe, AFTER 2 years top kek since this is an old sales practice to reap the most benefits, as people would buy multiple versions. This doesn't prove PC domination though, that graphics card twice the price of a console goes to waste for 2 years, what a laugh since it is now 20% cheaper at that time.

Why is trying to include PC a bad thing. PC is objectivley the best platform to play on.

>How many exclusives dose the Xbox have left anyway?

Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5

What this guy saying is the overwhelming statement that justifies Sony superiority, possessing PS4 & NX still provides experiences the PC doesn't have.

The fact Xbone announced their games going to PC was the white flag, which they took back, but too late as the titles for the next year is 'hypothetically' better on the PC. But we all know Microsoft will gimp their PC version to keep sales, 'Forza 3' for example.

You have console-faggotry, but you have old Cred Forums that believes in synergy since you PLAY all the games worthy of your own taste.

PC still hasn't justified a high tech game worthy of purchase.

>Thanks for making more different versions of the same console than exclusives for said console

Sony literally said they started working on Neo before Scorpio even existed

>Thanks for getting scared jumping ship to PC the very second you fall behind your competitor

B-but it was #4theplayers

>Thanks for making the millions of Kinects that people own literally useless

B-but you said it was useless

>Thanks for killing games like Tomb Raider and Dead Rising because of your timed exclusivity

Is that better when Sony does it?

>Thanks for charging hundreds of dollars for a controller with a different dpad

Are you forced to buy it?

>Thanks for giving up on your consoles so early in their lifespan

>The X360 is literally 11 years old this year

>Thank you for introducing the cancer of console “upgrades”

What about Sony? Or Nintendo (GB->GBC, 3DS->n3DS)?

Halo5 is a great multiplayer game that can justify 'game' purchase, but not 'console' purchase. Only Forza has the weight for it, but racing games are hypothetically suppose to be better on PC due to variety and scaling.

Sunset Overdrive is Quantum Break, Knack, Uncharted 4 tier of gaming. They are fun to play for a while but not 'console' purchases again.

i.e LoZ OoT you can guarantee every fucker around got a N64, FFVII everyone bought a Playstation, Halo everyone got an Xbox.

>Head of Playstation states they want Pro to compete with PC
>"BAIT. LIES"

PC is the biggest gaming platform in the world. PS4 Pro's selling point is exclusives that run at 30FPS that have not come out yet and considering the wealth of disapointments Sony have produced like The Order, The Tomorrow Children, Shadow Of The Beast and more. Why would you get your hopes up for Sony 1st party? Uncharted 4 was so forgettable that the press already admitted they overrated it and Doom and Overwatch were superior games far more worthy of GOTY status.

If you consider the evidence. Sony did substantially worse with the games they killed like Street Fighter V and No Man's Sky along with shutting down more studios in five years than EA and MS combined.

What has Sony contributed to the industry other than copying Nintendo anyway?

>What has Sony contributed to the industry other than copying Nintendo anyway?

They brought casuals and worked on killing gameplay pushing "cinematic experiences"

>It's getting ported.

really makes you think

dont forget weak consoles, bad controllers, and terrible online services too. I seriously never got people who bought multiplats on playstation. They have always ran and played worse. Sonic heroes or scarface on ps2 make me cringe to this day but are great on xbox

Don't forget the annoying fanbase that hypes every game then dumps it and pretends it never exists after it flops.

I'll actually concede on the point of Sony's intention for generational leap and Microsoft responded second, the period of rumours aside with the slower pace Microsoft must be prepared to dominate with Scorpio.

Unfortunately it still stands that they are limited by the time frame of games and features that can't be exclusive to Scorpio thus making the Xbone redundant as they constantly reassure that it will focus on graphical and performance scaling.

The problem still stands that people at this point of time would rather upgrade their PCs, or get Novelty VR for current PS4s, since lets be serious Gen1 VR games aren't going to require power house specs to run.

The fears that Sony presented become real for Scorpio, thus PC should shine on top, but they are bug filled 2nd choice adaptions, dependant on the developers to patch 6 months after release. It's practically the treatment for all games and people know it, the problem becomes when these flaws are worst than consoles, and thus the focus is on fixing console versions first since they are closed platforms.

Was Quantum Break ever worth the shilling.
PS4 has no games, Xbone has QB (not released), PS4 has one game BB machine, Xbone has exclusive (Sequel garbage, games comparible to Uncharted 4 quality)

All exclusive games despite Forza and BB have been flops. Bragging about Halo5 is like bragging about COD.

PC brags about Undertale and I want to kill them for it since better games with potential game play improvements received no attention instead of meme ones.

>What has Sony contributed to the industry

Two of the greatest consoles and eras of gaming in video gaming history? The company that has objectively contributed the most to the medium by developing more new IP than the Nintendo and Microsoft combined?
The fact that Sony literally dethroned Nintendo and their obnoxious third party slavery and allowed them the thrive giving us gamers some of the greatest video games in history?

Also they made Gravity Rush, that alone wins this argument.

Stating with the PS1...

So basically you agree the PS4 Pro is pointless and sooner or later all the exclusives will be coming to PC anyway because publishers are just leaving money sitting on the table not releasing them on PC.

Not that any exclusives sell on PS4 anyway when the platform is just dominated by multiplatforms. It's a pointless endeavor. Uncharted 4 sales completely stalled at the 3 million mark because word of mouth post release was that the game is incredibly boring, doesn't hold up in a second playthrough and overrated.

PC is the dominant platform. Sony has admitted as such. The PS4 Pro is a spectacular failure and the reviews will be hilarious to behold.

What point is there in a console designed for 4K upscaling that can only run Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare at 1080P?

>Rehash Bandicoot
>3rd party games
>Also on PC games
>Games that began on Saturn like Tomb Raider and Grandia

>PC is the dominant platform
>Literally relies on console ports for games

What you say is very contradictory, I mean I can understand the leap from originally supporting the Xbox to hiding behind the PC platform, it's the same mask switching tactic that Nintendo users are known for but Sony isn't competing with PC and it's obvious why. There is a vested interest in PlayStation brand because of it's exclusives from first and third party. That alone will justify hardware purchases not to mention how much value the Pro offers in terms of spec pricing.

The Xbox has zero exclusives left so it's clear why nobody will buy the Scorpio, it is a locked down windows 10 media player without exclusives

How are there fanboys for this awful brand?

>What point is there in a console designed for 4K upscaling

Exclusive games such as Bloodborne, Persona, Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts and the Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, Gravity Rush, Nioh, Yakuza 0, Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, Spiderman and the list goes on.

Some people will want to play them at pseudo 4K, others will settle for the slim model but either way, people are going to be buying PS4's and PS4 Pro's in droves anyway for their exclusives and why not buy the better console for $100 more than $500 cheaper than a same speced PC? Or why buy the Scorpio over the Pro when it has zero exclusives?

>Sony says they are competing with PC
>Sonyggers: "THEY ARE NOT COMPETINVG WITH PC!"

Top kek

It's most made up entirely of people who started gaming on the 360 or a minority of hardcore loyalists from the o.g Xbox.

I just don't know why they can let go at this point, Xbox as a brand is finished, all its games are on pc like it's over dude, it's not even a fight anymore.

I am playing games on PC, but even I think you are delusional. We are getting ports of games and Sony is keeping a lot of interesting exclusives to justify the purchase of their system, if we take the comfort and advantages of a closed system out of equation.

Stop this shitposting bait already. Currently the best experience you can get is by having a PC and PS4, and depending on your preferences, only one of them. Devs of big AAA games cater more to console users, because that's where the money is. Even Witcher, once a PC exclusive, can thank to its graphical fidelity (read budget requirement) because CDR relied on the fact there is a successful console and invested everything into the development of Witcher 3 in hopes it will sell very well, which it did. You can't count on the PC market anymore, it indeed is just a secondary platform.

PC statistically indeed is largest but that's because we have browser games.

What interesting exclusives? PS4 is only a one game console

The Patrician choice for the greatest gaming experience is PC and Nintendo since Wii U and 3DS have multiple worthwhile games and the PC for multiplats. PS4 is worthless unless you want to play one game and have a dust collector afterwards

I personally can't wait to play Horizon ZD, Final Fantasy XV, God of War, there is Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, we know through leaks The Last of Us 2 is in production, the list goes on.

If you really want an honest discussion, stop posting meme responses. I am not shilling and you should show the same courtesy, if you really are interested in different opinions.

>that image

fucking saved

>I am not shilling

It is blatantly obvious that this thread is more Sony shill than genuine user. Pajeet plz go.

Kucks still this mad about Sony domination

Hi Ruggs