What game has the most satisfying bolt action rifles?

What game has the most satisfying bolt action rifles?

Red Orchestra/Rising Storm

/thread

RE4

This

Red Dead Redemption

That's it boys, everybody can go home now.

Came here to post it.

I came here to post this

Day of infamy and forgotten hope 2

my niggas

i ask this every time this gif is posted and never get a definite answer

you can load a clip in slightly sideways like Leon, right?

^this

or try Verdun

Yeah

Not practically; unless the rifle has a receiver specifically designed to do so.

Stripper-clip fed rifles have a slot for the clip to go in, that holds the clip in place while you load the cartridges; marked in my picture.
One might possibly be able to do it anyway, but it would be a hassle. One would have to hold the clip steady against the receiver, push the cartridges out without having the clip skid off, and then somehow have the cartridges push the magazine follower spring down by the end of everything.

Bad Company 2's M1 Garand feels comfy as fuck & a godly gun too.

Day of Defeat Karabiner.

That's a semi auto. Comfy as it is it's not a bolt action

before beta 2

Can confirm this.

t. My U.S. Army enlistment.

Is that a new production Mauser?

Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm.

BC2 had a Garand?!

>clip

In some bolt actions it actually is called a clip.

Day of Defeat: Source

It is a clip you dip.

it's a clipazine

Yes, if I'm not mistaken you get it unlocked if you have more than 1 BF game on your ea account. The gun's amazing in the game & it ain't no meme gun.

This is another great example of a joke that ended up being taken seriously by people that never understood the joke in the first place.

Technically, no. The way the M1903 in RE4 is done, when you put the clip in and started feeding the rounds, they would have to make a 45° turn immediately as they went it, and then still have enough force to push the magazine follower down.

While it could be done, it would be a huge pain in the ass, and you'd have to have Chris Redfield-tier thumbs to put that much force on it.

The Swiss got around that on their ZfK55 sniper rifle by turning the gun's entire action on it's side, so the clip would clear the scope & mount.

It looks kinda goofy, but it did work.

were bots ever made to not be retarded as balls?

It's not supposed to be a single player game.

that doesn't answer my question

I think you're underestimating just how difficult it is to code convincing bots

there should be more non-ww2 games that revolve around bolt action rifles

rust

I liked Battlefield one. I said it, I dont care about all the crap behind it it felt nice to bayonet charge and use iron sights on bolt actions.

Bolt action rifles are slow, boring shit, and relegated to the dustbin of history as a mainline fighting arm for a reason.

Hell, they're even losing their dominance in the sniper rifle area as well.

Pic related is a REAL rifle, you know-nothings.

this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this

Talking about videogames not real life.

fag

>laminated wood on a rifle
Why?

It's not laminated, it's just a really shiny varnish job.

>the only game with bolt action rifles I've played is RDR and maybe CoD, the post

>backwards bolt
>can't load individual rounds
>can't manually bolt
>unresponsive

The Hunting Rifle in New Vegas felt a lot better even.

>left handed
>every weapon is like this
Dont know why but I dont like this, makes animations look really dainty too, like the weapons are toys and not instruments of death.

Yes but does This Machine Kill Communists?

the hunting rifle in FO4 was one of the game's most disappointing aspects. I had so much fun using it in FO3/NV and was so excited to get it in 4.

Turns out it has janky animations, terrible sound effects and shit stats to boot.

Rising Storm and Heroes of the West have American weapons. But if you want to kill communists that's what the wehraboo team is for.

>still no sound allowed on Cred Forums
Sad.

Where's the Mosin?