Sticker Star 2 thread

Sticker Star 2 thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVWUQr8zah0
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwKOLur0r2Z5OFNSUVB6U0RMa0U
pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Use the right logo next time.

anyone have any fucking clue what you do during this part?

Release when? Nintendo have been surprisingly quiet about it. Are they downplaying the WiiU?

Holy shit, I'm stuck on it right now also. Mostly having trouble preparing it.

I think you use Salt & Pepper > Charcoal Grill > Lemon after preparing it.

Yeah I'm 99% sure that's the order, but I think you have to use the Hammer on it at some point. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

downloaded it
played about 5 mins before coming back to thousand year door in 4k 60fps via my pc

You're supposed to use it before using the Salt & Pepper according to a Toad. I keep under doing it or over doing it though, it's a bitch.

Oct.7th, but it was leaked online.

The game really doesn't look that bad.

More of a Super Paper Mario (Not the direction I want the series to go in but good for what it is) then a Sticker Star (Not just a bad Paper Mario but generally an all around bad game).

Oh yeah, did it right after that post. I did
1 Excellent normal Hammer then 2 Excellent Eek Hammers (Though you probably just need 3 Excellent normal Hammers). Afterwards I did the ingredients.

Gameplay is still Sticker Star shit, the areas & dialogue are the best parts though. NPCs are mostly all Toads, if not they're Shy Guys (which are the best characters in the game).

You can't say Sticker Star is bad and then say you like the direction that Color Splash took; they're practically the same game.

Thanks bro. I ain't spending 1000 coins for that shit every time

That was never my problem in the first place. My problem with Sticker Star was just how generally bland it was. Bland locations, bland characters, bland enemies... just an incredibly forgettable game overall.

If anything Color Splash would seem to improve in Sticker Star in basically every way to a point where I'd say it salvaged what there was to salvage.

How does the game play like? Are the battles fun? Is there still badges and levels?

I honestly would have preferred this game to be irredeemable garbage. At least then I would have simply been certain that they no longer had the talent to make a new Paper Mario game.
But the areas, art direction and dialogue here are on fucking point. So who the fuck is it that's forcing them to waste it on THIS when they're clearly showing that they would be more than capable of creating a real new Paper Mario game?

>you can't say
OP power tripping hard with his fresh memes.

Honestly I cheated on that part, whenever I fucked up I restarted the game since it's faster & saves coins.

You may like it then, the best part is anything but the gameplay.

The gameplay is more of Sticker Star, but with some tweaks. No badges & while you get Hammer Scraps after battles to upgrade your Max Paint capacity it seems to be pointless since you get a lot of already-painted cards (every time if you use the Battle Spinner which gives you a new card after each turn for 10 coins). Also it seems like the paint meter doesn't really get affected when "leveling up".

As a firm hater in Sticker Star myself, I can't bring myself to like the game all that much. The gameplay is still as dull as before, even with the incentive to level up the Paint Meter.

But the environments, art direction and music are really good, that I force myself to complete it. I wouldn't support it by purchasing it, honestly.

>I wouldn't support it by purchasing it, honestly.

I agree with you, me neither. Again, as I said, it's not the direction I want this series to go and I want to make that clear but... you know, from Sticker Star it's a step in the right direction.

If they still can't find a way to make the gameplay enticing, then I don't understand the point of keeping this style. Same with me, I don't think this series should go this direction in any way, so I can't say I can support it. It's a damn shame too, knowing IntSys still has the talents to make a good game. It's there, but as the other guy said, I can't get who or what is holding them back from taking that step.

>implying SS was bad

gtfo with your shitty meme

Bump

Here's that Shy Guy scene people keeping posting images about in other threads as a webm.

Now make one for when you kill him

Don't even think about repling to 353077548

Will do when I get to that. No idea when I do though, also a bit busy trying to understand how I kill Larry.

Oh shit sorry for the spoil

It's alright, I read it happens already.

That's not true though. I've felt this one has much better writing than SS and I actualy kind of dig the card battles since they're a little more involved than just spamming the same stickers.

My only problem with the gameplay is that I don't feel they balanced the difficulty well. I can still kill strong enemies with my weaker cards since they don't do alot of damage. The enemeis should be stronger and do about the same damage I can dish,

You can't say Sticker Star and Color Splash are practically the same game either.

youtube.com/watch?v=RVWUQr8zah0

Have a video to celebrate

anyone know the Thing for this?

Looks like the Bottle Opener should do it.

I must've missed it. I haven't found it, then.

Basement of the Colosseum. The long way around. There are two Things right next to each other when you enter the door. On the left is the ice pick and on the right is the bottle opener.

Where can I find the download for this? Might some kind user please post?

I've got these files, now what do I do with them? I've already got Loadiine working on my Wii U, but I'm not sure how these should be set out on the SD card.

Wii U Homebrew+Loadiine Tutorial:
pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD

Color Splash:

Title ID: [CNFE01]

Extract .001 & the rest will come out. Your SD card should be layed out like this:

SD:\Wiiu\games\Paper Mario Color Splash [CNFP01]\

Oh, the files didn't download as .zips. Thanks, that makes sense

It's a better Sticker Star.
Writing is better but still Sticker Star 2: Paper Boogaloo

Shouldn't the Color Splash folder have another subfolder? Regardless, thanks, anons.

>Color Spash is more of an adventure game
>Select Level

Why the fuck do they love to put overworlds in almost all their games lately

Just to note, I don't know if it matters, but the title ID is CNFE01 for North America consoles and CNFP01 for PAL consoles.

>yfw

blood play

Just finished Plum Park, liked that level a lot.

Has the EU version been leaked too?

No clue. Homogenization of the Mario series, I guess. I'm not much a fan of it.

Yeah, I liked that level as well. There's quite a few good levels that stand out above others.

No, but you can play the US version on PAL consoles. I'm not sure how exactly though, I read it in an old thread.

holy shit spooky worm guy

No, and no.

So what Thing card do I use to fix this Toad up?

Because it's faster than having to walk all the way to every map.

I'm actually looking forward to this game. I realize it isn't going to be goty, but I feel like it will be a fun and comfy playthrough. Also I really like what I've seen of the visuals and level design.

Magnifying Glass, I think

Yeah I bought the preload when it went up to rush and grab it out of pure impulse but I'm genuinely liking it. Now that I understand it's mostly a puzzle game the thing card boss fights don't even bother me since it makes sense for the format to have a boss you have to answer the "riddle" for.

>but I feel like it will be a fun and comfy playthrough

It might until you realize the battles are just as shit as SS. I'm like five levels in and I'm already sick of it.

Can you pre-load this game yet on the eShop or is it still taken down?

Nah I'm playing it and it's fun stuff. Choosing the cards to synch up with the enemies on screen is neat, it makes every fight feel like kind of a puzzle instead of just spamming the strong jumps.

I was just about to tell you don't have it yet but I got it just now. Anyways, that makes sense, will try.

The areas & on-field levels are pretty fun & comfy, I still despise that battle system though. Also I wish they weren't still stage-based, if they want to save time on backtracking add a fast travel system or something instead of a world map with stages.

Exactly like in Sticker Star, right?

Ah, I see. You and I are literally on the same pace, since I just got it as well.

Pretty neat. Have you been filling in all the white paintless areas? Because I've been kind of stuck on this 1 bit of Plum Park.

Invisible stair case here. Whack it with paint.

Ah, alright, thanks. I was assuming that but looked it in the wrong location.

Jesus