New review system finally works

>New review system finally works

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/275850
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aRdcptG365I
youtube.com/watch?v=UIuC_grsFb8
reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/54n5yz/official_asa_response_valve_and_hello_games_have/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio
worldwide.vote/hillary-vs-trump/#/
youtu.be/7QwQPX_yjnM
youtube.com/watch?v=ffTUo1-F-_M
youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
store.steampowered.com/app/396750/
youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>goobers review bombing popular games
What else is new?

troll harder pathetic autist

>9%

Has the dev released any statement since WHOA 2 PEOPLE ACTUALLY FOUND EACH OTHER ON THE FIRST DAY tweet?

Famous last words if you don't count a patch change list

>There are still a handful of fanboys who think this game is going to get fixed eventually.

The devs moved on faster than they did, apparently. That's a pretty clever strategy actually, saying content patches will come just to stifle the backlash somewhat and then by the time people realize it was just an other lie nobody cares anymore.

They did the same thing with the "day 1 patch" that was supposed to fix everything but barely fixed a few of the crashes and made it longer to reach the center so that people wouldn't get to the garbage "ending" too soon and tell others. And they're still using bullshit footage to advertise on steam.

How anybody can defend these con artists is beyond me.

Why is this allowed?

And people just accept it. The cucks deserved it, they didnt even challenge them.

>Really interested in the game
>Realize that with sixteen gorillion planets, shit would get samey as fuck
>Sean Murray lies and doesn't explain what the game is about
>Releases, didn't buy
>Game is shit

Sometimes I'm glad I am a skeptical shit.

>6 weeks without communication
lmao

Yeah, I'm glad we can finally trust the reviews now and know which games are good and which games are bad

It isn't working though because people are still buying it. I mean how negative does it have to be for retards to stop buying the game?

It's actually a good plan:

>be indie dev with 18 man team
>make huge game with procedural generation
>makes it cheap to produce and lacks depth BUT YOU HAVE 18 QUINYILLION PLANETS
>market it with handcrafted things only in the trailer and not in the game
>tell people you can do anything
>hype builds up
>most people preorder or buy in the first few days of release
>people discover the game is missing a bunch of stuff
>community in turmoil
>say you'll update it and go silent
>months pass
>people give up and stop playing sending playercounts to near 0
>use that as justification not to spend money on the promised updates
>laugh into your pile of money

It's 2016, man. It's too late for this world.

Less then a thousand people left playing it

from 700k users

to 800

in a month

How many are still buying though? There are like a thousand concurrent players on steam, I doubt they sell a significant number of copies anymore.

¯\_(シ)_/¯ sean will fix it when sean wants to fix it, which is never because hes a millionaire now.

Holy shit, I don't think I've ever seen such a long-awaited hyped up game receive an "Overwhelmingly Negative" rating. That's both hilarious and really sad. I just checked the Steam page and it even has a little notification from Valve stating that normal refund policies apply to the game, I guess because of the huge amount of refunds people have been requesting. Has any other game ever fucked up this bad?

Sales is practically nothing since release week.
steamspy.com/app/275850

Is he though? Look at the amount of refunds that have been given out since release. We all assume he made bank because of the initial launch numbers but those numbers are totally fucked now because so many people demanded refunds.

Look at The number of refunds in notable but overall it's a small fraction of all sales. Even if we assume that 10% of buyers refunded (probably a high estimate) HG still made millions.

>PS4
>refunds
>90% on Steam are over 2h

Not even reddit defends this trash game anymore

The only good of all this is it taught everyone a lesson never ever to preorder, wait for ingame reviews first

steamspy can't track refunds

Makes me wonder, is it better to make millions off one week of sales and have that be it for the rest of your life because your company's name is now tarnished beyond repair, or to be honest and make much less cash over a longer period of time or until your next game releases?

>The only good of all this is it taught everyone a lesson never ever to preorder, wait for ingame reviews first
LOL, NO

>The only good of all this is it taught everyone a lesson never ever to preorder,
Yeah, you wish.

>believing reviews
New to videogames I see.

>Starbound
>Good
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......
Kysmm

I've never understood pre-ordering digital goods anyway. There's literally no incentive. The only exception to that rule is pre-orders that offer physical bonuses, like Sonic Mania.

You have to own the game to leave a review dumbass.

>PS4
>refunds
sony literally refunded everyone who asked

Rumor is Sean is depressed out of his mind and hasn't gone to work for weeks.

Ubisoft strategy
Except they fucked up the exit part
Still made more than enough fucking money

Isn't the owner count dipping a symptom of refunds though?

Regardless, I doubt the overall number of refunds reached 10%. Especially on PS4, I'm sure more people resold the game as used than actually refunded it.

I've only preordered games when there was a money incentive, like 10% off if you preorder or something like that. With steam I can still refund it if it turns out to be bad so there's not really a reason not to. NMS only had a shit ship though so there was no reason to bother.

Owner count dipping is a symptom of steamspy not being actual spyware.

Once he can't lie and hype up his game he literally has nothing worthwhile to say.

Probably curing his depression out in fucking Magaluf

Can you try making at least a little bit of sense? Thank you.

Why all the hate for no man's sky?

>create indie game
>internet hypes the fuck out of features you never even said were in the game
>GET THE PITCHFORKS

You fucking neckbeards ruined the career of a potentially LEGENDARY developer. I hope you don't sleep at night.

You don't realize how blinded by hype these people were.They were trying to find ways pre-order the game from HG studio so they could take 100% of the money instead of giving a cut to steam.It was insane.

Can you make your IQ rise above the single-digit level? Thank you.

so i've missed the whole shitstorm surrounding the game
you can't even fucking see other players in it or something?

>it's actually real
Holy fuck, that has to hurt.

I'm the same way. Feels good.

>Why all the hate for no man's sky?
It's a scam. Scams are bad, m'kay.

Depressed about what? He fucking knew he was lying to people the entire time. What did he expect? He could've come clean about what was in the game and what wasn't, and instead he waited for people to realize on their own that the game was fucking empty after they'd already given him their money. Even then he could've apologized and given buyers an idea of what they were planning to do to fix the game post-release, but no one's heard fucking squat. He's a literal manchild if he's depressed over this.

Which isn't what happened.

So there's still no multiplayer?

>Overpriced pile of lies
>people are mad
and nu-male cuck ask for more lies

youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

i mean it's pretty good

>create indie game
>you don't set the record straight early on to make sure that this false hype doesn't bite you in the ass
>instead you add fuel to the fire in order to get more sales on release

The only one who ruined his career was himself.

wow you must be so smart your iq must be at least 2 digits

That lesson will stick for 1-3 years at most. Then they overhype about some other shitty game. These things tend to go in waves. No Man's Sky had Spore, Black & White, and Fable bullshit hype all written over it. Yet people still bought into its lies like the gullible retards they are.

Have you been asleep this last month? Or are you just retarded?

No. Sony have an unwritten statement to give refunds when you first ask for one. Then they aren't as likely to give them after. This game resulted in a lot of people's "first" refunds.

>steam review overalls have to cater to my personal taste

The second option is more consistent.

troll harder you pathetic autist

This is literally the new E.T.

>game is hyped around YOU CAN DO ANYTHING LMAO
>developer says WE MADE 100% REAL SUPERSCIENCE CUTTING EDGE REALISTICALLY SIMULATED UNIVERSE
>DYNAMIC WORLD, FUNCTIONING ECOSYSTEMS, FACTION WARFARE
>THIS SHIT IS SPORE, MOUNT & BLADE 2, FREESPACE, DWARF FORTRESS AND STAR CITIZEN ROLLED INTO ONE
>MULTIPLAYER IS A THING WE TOTALLY MIGHT MAYBE HAVE

>internet hype reaches critical mass

>game comes out and you walk around little generated instances collecting rocks with your minecraft laser until you get bored, each new planet has a different shade of grass and a resident animal that's a crocodile with a lions head or something because lol procedural generation
>and space is just floating around in an ugly fishbowl full of colourful tacky shit and you travel system to system like in FTL (the game) by clicking and then getting a loading screen rather than true travel across space as promised

>dev goes underground indefinitely

Dumb cute tomboy poster

>can you grief your friends?
>a little
What did Sean mean by this?

The issue is that people don't see games of a different type as lessons for new ideas. Spore wasn't a space exploration simulator, it was more of an alien creation/colonization kind of thing. Neither was Fable or Black & White. I can guarantee that the next time someone flaunts their new "Space Exploration" game they're going to be drowned by skeptics for years to come thanks to No Man's Sky.

The game is a testament that all you need to sell a game whether is a AAA or indie is hype and marketing.Nothing else matters.They were encouraging people to avoid any gameplay or streaming because it would hinder the experience and spoil the incredible story.And so people did.

It honestly depends on how much money you can make with either option. If you can make enough off of the first one and don't care about making games again then it is the better option especially if you're smart with the money.

Stop shitposting with my waifu.

You can name a planet 'cumstain' and the next guy who gets there gets to see that.

BAM, you just got GRIEFED son!

convince them to buy the game

But what makes these examples similar is all of their hype had the similar thing going: Its going to be the next god-game where you can do anything. People should be wisened to that bullshit by now but nope. The next "god game" is going to get hyped and people are going to act like retards again. Its inevitable.

If only. Actually shit's going to be hyped to high heaven, everyone will buy it, and then everyone will realize it's dogshit, and the cycle will repeat.

>They were encouraging people to avoid any gameplay or streaming because it would hinder the experience and spoil the incredible story.And so people did.
I forgot that they actually did do this. No Man's Sky is a testament to how fucking stupid the video game audience is.

If no mans sky is a good game then why when you go and listen to it and shoot some stuff and fly in it and enjoy the colors and dance at home with your seat and contracting aliens with backpack upgrade then how is it bad?

5-star post

Oh fuck you, potential means fucking nothing if you can't transform your potential into actual skill.

Are you going to argue that those fucking art school dudes ruined the career of a potentially LEGENDARY painter Adolf Hitler?

>internet hypes the fuck out of features you never said were in the game

So why the fuck did he not explain WHAT WAS ACTUALLY IN THE GAME?

I did not buy NMS, but I pirated it and uninstalled after an hour. The game is a boring slog of a survival game from which I got less enjoyment than from Minecraft.

ps. klk is a shit anime

Sean will pursue a hollywood career confirmed

>16.488 reviews in the last 30 days
Wow, so many of you playing! Truly amazing!

kekkd

come again?

>all these yous

Cred Forums really is retarded

>>laugh into your pile of money
>notice there isn't any because everyone refunded the game after an hour

What are the chances Sean is using all that money for a head transplant so he could hype yet another game?

> steam reviews

Sea, you have no shame.

If you were honest you could be a good developer. Legendary, never.

But you choose the wrong path. The money' path. You are a greedy son of a woman.

It's boring as shit.

This guy.

lol this is fantastic.
Some of these retards even insisted the game was good but they gave up to stay "tuned" with their online friends.

This game single-handedly created more new pirates than all of Caribia combined. Nothing makes people want to try out the game before buying more than false promises in advertising.

Remember folks, always reign in the hype

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAA

Isn't this a post stolen from Cred Forums?

>The only good of all this is it taught everyone a lesson never ever to preorder

YEAH RIGHT

You fucking retards will still line up for the next hype machine only to be left feeling empty and disappointed again and again into a continuous infinite cycle of wallet emptying.

this will be useful in two months when people get hyped again

10/10

probably, it's one of the review for revolution 60.

Does anybody in these threads actually think the game made raw millions for the developers or is pretending to have no idea how money works a meme?

How many years did they spend making this thing? That's time spent renting out a building and paying a full staff while NOTHING generated income. They probably needed to make a significant amount of sales just to break out of debt. Then you factor in Sony's cut, Gabe's cut, GOG's cut and whatever else and how much money came in and how much is actually in Sean's pocket?

I'd imagine that Sony in particular probably bled any potential profit dry, they'd want to at least break even from all that marketing, and getting a dirty hipster onto Steven Colbert to talk about his imaginary video game probably wasn't cheap, not to mention taking up 2/3 of GOG's front page for however long and being plastered everywhere else too.

I really doubt that Sean is sitting on a solid gold yacht in the Cayman Islands right now. It seems far more likely to me that he's fucked.

They worked on it for how many years?

And they had that lawsuit with Sky Media or something, that probably cost them some money even if they won it.

Then they have that other lawsuit from the guy claiming they stole his procedural generation code or sumthin'.

Add other expenses, publisher percentages and taxes, and the devs might be left with just enough money to earn what they spent on the game.

How fucking retarded do they even have to be to steal procedural generation code when it's something as trivial as they've shown anyway? Even the dumber devs can just remake that shit from scratch in a day.

Finally, someone with some fucking sense. I can't say how maddening it is to watch the dozens of dummies in NMS threads operating under the delusion that money is taken directly out of Sean's pocket with each refund

Go to the steam page of the game:

>In No Man's Sky, every star is the light of a distant sun, each orbited by planets filled with life, and you can go to any of them you choose.

Those starts are just a huge 2d textures. lmao, LMAO

>Fly smoothly from deep space to planetary surfaces, with no loading screens, and no limits.

They have balls to lie like that.

This video is perfect holy shit

You mean the whole "key reviews no longer affect the score" thing? Literally only games that will affect in any notable number will be the small indies that actually did shill their games by giving out hundreds of free keys. You will notice that key vs Steam purchase ratio really makes key users a tiny minority.

They still have to refute that claim, and they need to pay a lawyer for that. It's all expenses, and stupid lawsuits come with the territory of putting themselves on the map.

This is 9gag-tier material.
Here's an XD for you user.

remember when the shill helbend defending this game will be GOTY?

Early access whiners keep exposing their stupidity when they whine about starbound.

There was literally a massive list with sources on all the things Sean himself stated as being in the game that actually aren't, it is somewhere on reddit though so fucked if I can be bothered to dredge it up again.

Why is what allowed? False advertising?

>lie to millions of people
>rightfully deserved backlash
>get depressed
Sounds like a reasonable cause of some depression. Whether he stands tall and accepts responsibility or shuffles away into darkness is his choice now.

Every NMS hate thread one of you naive faggot posts this

Sean definitely made money, maybe not 2 millions but he MADE money out of this because the game actually sold a lot, how fucking dumb are you

They had Sony giving them money you fucking retard. Enough to live off of and keep working until the game actually got released. So it's not like they were in debt 100 quintillion dollars before it even released you fucking faggot.

My friend won't stop denying that the game is shit. Here is his shill review

1/2

Nigga spent 16 hours of his life on that shit. I would want those hours back too.

I read that the UK's advertisement standards legal authority (whatever it's called) has accepted this as potentially illegal and have contacted Valve and the devs.

Okay Sean. I'm sure Sony will stand by you long into the future.

HOLY FUGGG, I NEVER KNEW THEY LIED THAT MUCH, I LOST MY SHIT AT 4:45

Except Starbound is still shit? So I don't see what you're trying to say here.

t. NMS buyer

Kill yourself libcuck

>make almost half a billion on Steam alone
>tell the goyim it will be ok
>retire and enjoy a pool of cash with your mates

I'm honestly kind of jealous.

i wish you were right but on console it surely sold a shitload, and those retards deserves zero refund anyway, but sean did make it rich, no doubt

Just out of curiosity what's wrong with Starbound? I'm at the final boss right now and I've had a lot of fun getting to that point. To be fair I bought it when it officially released so I can't compare it to its early access versions.

Im so happy starbound turned out to be good after all this time

Took em long enough tho

2/2

It promised to be more than Terraria. It turned out to be less and was 3 years behind schedule to reach even this state.

>They had Sony giving them money you fucking retard.

So they aren't an indie dev, so they had to give sony a big cut of profits.

jej'd mildly

>believing reviews
>New to videogames I see

new to good reviewers I see

and a full price game
holy shit internet retardation as its best

To be fair though Terraria's been around a long fucking time and most of its current content came from years worth of patches. It's also easier to create content for Terraria since the graphics aren't as polished. Starbound still has a great chance to be more than Terraria if it can get the same kind of treatment post-release.

sure, it's depressing to have all that money you earned by lying to people

This reminds me of Cube World.

>Screenshot_2016-09-27
>Posted: 12 Aug
>0.0 hrs last two weeks / 5.2 hrs on record
I don't even have to read his review to know it's not genuine lol

Who cares - it's the path he chose. Fuck him.

>fails
>people tell him he fail
>I am depressed pls understand my ptsd

I swear to God.

This really sounds like the same problem with Spore. Even in its original vision, its kinda pointless.

They're all still mad about muh multiplayer and muh friends. Then Sony actually gave them some funding instead of keeping the game at an early access mode and they got mad. Just ignore them. Funny how Cube World and Slime Rancher get no slack but No Man's Sky has to catch all the shit. At least it got a release date AND an actual release.

>Replying to bait

That channel is fucking fantastic. Check out how he tears in to Battleborn and the Ouya.

This copypasta had been shitposted on tons of bad games

youtube.com/watch?v=aRdcptG365I

The problem with today games is not the devs, its the pre-orders hype.

Is not what people expect for the game, but the hype that makes paying for an entire project, before it has even started.

These Evan images are getting more and more inventive and complex.

youtube.com/watch?v=UIuC_grsFb8
All time favorite. Pretty much sums up how shitty gaming industry become.

Jew dev here. I will explain to you fags how ''Pre ordering'' games is killing devs performance and why we don't care.

Honestly you are the most tards clients we could ever ask, you pay for promises, not even the game itself, we are making more money than a Insurance company and you are eating the spoon every single time.

We could promise you the moon itself, and you retards will pay for the moon. Lets say we need 2k shekels to grab the moon and bring them to you. We tell you that we need the money now (not even a little start, but the whole amount we already calculated to pay 3 travels to the moon and more), so we can start with the project.

As you assholes give us the shekels, we are just building the stairs (not even the rocket itself) of the rocket and we already have the 2k shekels budget, in our pockets. You eat the H.Y.P.E. spoon every single time, the same that is payed with your money, the money you already have given. So by the time we build a paper mache moon, we already have enough money in our pockets for 5 moon travels.
>same money, for more work? no thanks.

The money is already done, and only a tiny piece of the work is done, so why continue? we enjoy our shekels and left until we want, because we have plenty of ideas (that will be a disappoint) but you will buy them anyway, which is what we care about, that you buy, waiting in line.

bye goyim.

had a kek

why does he sound like van darkholme

>Early buyers fell for the scam have spite for chucklefuck for all the lies
>Sold itself as Terraria in space
>Actually shittier than terraria
You'd think 4 fucking years would be enough time to catch up with Terraria's content but they just released more and more shit.

source: my ass

He probably went to cure his """"depression"""" in some tropical island.

>Iwata
I cant go on.

>Good reviewers
Yea, I found some too, they were having a tea party with Santa Claus on the North Pole.

Pre-orders or not, Sean lied about what was in his game before release. Then after release, he fucking disappears. That's not a problem with the buyers, it's a problem with the dev.

And how's that Otherworld treating you?

They would need to rework most if not all systems from the ground up for them to be any good.

The whole main system of interacting with the world is fucked right now, limited hotbar just fucks up building shit, planets are fucking devoid of shit to do (find upgrade parts and whatever ore you need in chests is all there fucking is) and everything else is just a poor version of Terraria, even Terraria 1.0 was better than this shit.

>B-but muh potential
Potential is infinite, potential is utterly worthless.

And never get a job again because your name is forever tainted as a hack conman.
>b-but they made so much money they'lll never have to work again
As if.I bet Sony took most of the money,too.

>Sean lied about what was in his game before release.
>Then after release, he fucking disappears.

Can you read what said once again, it clearly says.
>you pay for promises, not even the game itself,
>We could promise you the moon itself,
>by the time we build a paper mache moon, we already have enough money in our pockets for 5 moon travels.
>The money is already done, and only a tiny piece of the work is done, so why continue?
>we enjoy our shekels and left until we want,

His point is that you pay for an unfinished project. Every single time. So no one minds about finishing it.

Except he can easily get a job as a marketeer user.
>B-but muh hateboner, surely he can't succeed after all he's done!
Sorry bro, world aint so convenient, he has had a lot of success and others who want to benefit off of that will hire him.

with the insane amount of money he got thanks to NMS, not going to work will not make much difference for a long time

You're retarded. This information comes straight from Steam's API.

It's up to the dev to deliver a quality product. The buyers didn't beg Sean to make NMS before it was even in production. He took it upon himself to make a game that didn't deliver, meanwhile lying about its features until release. Should buyers wait before purchasing a newly released game? Yeah, that's always a good idea, but not for the reason that I listed above. There's a difference between a shit game with a shit idea that was shit from the get go, and a shit game that was camouflaged as something much, much more by the only people who had control over what was shown and what wasn't.

yes, keep thinking like that. You are not the problem, the others are, yes.

In a few months Sean will respawn and start to lie and hype another product

>It's an art game

Remember when Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were art games?

Not Re-logic's fault. They're actually getting pissed that these dickheads are taking their sweet ass time with it. Besides
>1 year late that's polished and is stuffed with more and more content and good story
Vs
>4 year late piece of shit that plays terrible, has no content and nothing but broken promises and stale gimmicks

>no man's sky, you win E3 forever--Kotaku

let's remind them of this at every single possible opportunity.

>Overwhelmingly Negative

>That mountain is not just a background. You can walk all the way to the top of that mountain.
Wait. This is why Cred Forums says Todd is a liar? Because he's not lying. The mountain in question is Bleakfalls Barrow and you can actually go there. In fact, you do during the first hour of the main quest. Fucking memers.

You're actually retarded. First of all I knew NMS was shit way before it even released, so I never purchased it. Second, buyers wouldn't have been scammed in the first place if games like NMS were never made. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

REMEMBER THAT GUY WHO SAID HE WAS GONNA FILE A LAWSUIT?

IT WORKED LMAO

reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/54n5yz/official_asa_response_valve_and_hello_games_have/

yes, I am the retarded, of course you are not. yes yes.

All he have to do is to come out and and cry and say he's sorry or some shit and the mass will surely forgive him.

They refused me 20 times. Never refunded before.

>Why all the hate for no man's sky?
Everyone is jealous of the millions Sean made with next to no effort and some hype, it's that simple.

THIS

Well he's never going to do that because apologizing would be admission of guilt. Best case scenario he tweets a gameplan of what they're working on and what buyers can expect in upcoming updates, hopefully of which will fix a lot of issues people have.

>You fucking retards

People were incessantly shitting on this game and relating it to Spore for months and months and months, then intentionally exaggerating the promises as a way of poking fun at the rest of the Internet's "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" hype.

>Jealousy is the only possible source of outrage
How's that autism working out?

But it's a shitty Terraria. It's not good at all.

I don't know, you tell me.

Those breakdancing animals, my fucking sides.

Don't forget the endless comparisons to Starbound, to the point of everyone just straight up calling it 3d Starbound. and they were right

Okay.

You seem to be doing pretty terrible user, you might want to seek help.

> ruined the career of a potentially LEGENDARY developer
> games are made by only one person
> Murray is now a legend as a con artist not as a developer

>People literally prove MP doesn't exist on day one
>Sean bullshits through his fucking teeth to hopefully keep the hype going until PC release
>People still defend these actions

Tell that to breath of the wild fanboys

this reminds me of brink

>release a shitty broken game
>put in the bare minimum effort to fix it
>put out 1 shitty map as free DLC
>devs abandon the game immediately after

I don't think I've ever seen a multiplayer AAA game get abandoned so quickly

>[Product received for free]
>i want a refund
best review

>nms was in top sellers on #4 or something since release and until yesterday
>suddenly gone completely

I knew something was fucking off.

THANKS FOR EXPLAINING THE JOKE HOMBRE

You know, I'm honestly not even that mad at the dev. Gamers have proven time and time again that hype is everything and quality means nothing. This is what you're asking for, every time you pre order. You are demanding, time and time again, that games be more hype and less substance, and then you cry (briefly) when that's exactly what you get.

>mfw

Good.

This is exactly right.

For me it was the dev's refusal/inability to tell me what they thought would be fun and exciting to do in the game. They just kept talking about "experience" and "explore" and I realized the game probably had no direction what so ever.

>Being an apologist cuck
Why?

It's not the same people over and over again. You faggots can't seem to compherend the fact there there are billions of people around the world and even if a small percentage of them plays games that's still a lot

so this game actually did have skyboxes?

Even overhyped shit from big publishers mostly does what it says on the box. Last time a publisher really tried to pull a fast one on everyone was Watch Dogs, and Ubisoft thoroughly got their shit kicked in for that.

I don't it's an exaggeration to say that a majority of the NMS hype was based just on lies, and not just hyperbole.

reality check doesn't work in user. They will still look the other way around.

>make millions and millions of $$$ ie the whole point and goal of making a video game
>depressed

nah doesn't work that way user

Because condemning a behavior while consistently rewarding it is fucking stupid.
>It's not the same people over and over again
But it is the same industry, and devs are smart enough to see a precedent. They can see what has worked in the past and do that, so unless it stops working, they're going to keep doing it.

Yeah, a lot of people had figured it out based on the trailers and interviews.
We never saw any gameplay that looked like it'd be fun to do for more than 1-2 hours at most.
We saw no depth, no challenge, no real change for the player. They just kept going on and on about how huge it was.

>It's not the same people over and over again.
I don't know. I still fell for the Rome Total War 2 hype after having bought Spore day one.

>all those plebbit faggots saying "Oh I don't usually pre-order but I made an exception to support an indie dev"
top kek, the mental gymnastics they do to justify their stupidity - "I swear I was only expecting to be disappointed a little, we gotta help out indie devs, I haven't been burned before so I assumed I wouldn't be burned this time", the list goes on.

>Ubisoft thoroughly got their shit kicked in

Until everyone went ahead and bought their next game anyways and they still made millions.

Just because you posted dank memes about it on Cred Forums doesn't mean the company was hurt by it.

What the fuck are you talking about? Who is demanding less substance and more hype? This is a developer taking advantage of the dumb masses with lies that built the hype. Sure the idiots who believed him aren't blameless, but the devs didn't do a god damned thing to stop it. Luckily this time a lot of people have been able to refund this and I hope it was enough to send devs the message that if they're going to build hype then they better not deliver a complete pile of shit.

That's for sure. There's a constant influx of new gamers as well as people who grow out of the hobby, so the ratio of gullible retards to people with some common sense remains the same

>cuck
>>>/global/rules/2

The video didn't show the whole context, prior to that sentence he says "So we're interested in all the little details, like this plant here, the medium details such as the logs and trees and all the way up to distant mountains, and if you played our previous stuff you know that mountain is not just a backdrop, you can walk all the way to the top of that mountain which gives the implication that made it seem like every mountain was meaningful and not just the ones they showed, which they weren't.

This was also straight after he said they rewrote the engine.

I think Sean honestly thought he could live up to the claims he made when he pitched the game to Sony. But when he was in way too deep and knew he couldn't deliver, that's where he fucked up and told people that it still had everything he promised because he didn't want to face confrontation from anyone for not being able to deliver

No, that's just a copypasta you retard

>The only good of all this is it taught everyone a lesson never ever to preorder
Are you implying sheep are smart?

There is quite a number of things Cred Forums said was lies but are technically true, like a boy bringing you dropped weapons or infinite quests.

Sure helped Notch, huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio

The video every gamer needs to see. Crowbcat is fucking based.

And that ONLY accounts for steam. PS4 sales likely sold more than a million copies.

This game got Adam Boyes fired

is it gonna be worth £5 when it hits damage control sale?

worldwide.vote/hillary-vs-trump/#/
:^)

The amount of Cred Forumsirgins who failed to recognise the pasta is disturbing

The space exploration genre just needs to die.

What? No fuck you, eventually someone will get it right

it is pretty hilarious

fuck off crowbat stop shilling your shitty videos you fucking samefagging faggot

haha, mexico's pick is hilary

Ayy

>there are about as many people browsing the subreddit as there are actually playing NMS

I love this video

>all those games passing by at the end
>no man's sky at the center

Kino, absolutely and undeniably kino.

t. Sean

>depressed

lmao. He owns 65% of Hello Games. According to underestimates he should be 40 million dollars richer

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention. Tread lightly.
You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you. I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Empyrion is leagues ahead and it can be run on toasters
And it has multiplayer

>This is an actual post on Reddit that someone posted unironically.

Shiiiet

Perhaps the complete retard shouldn't have claimed in an actual interview to be using the algorithm he's getting sued for using.

Later he backpedals "don't worry guys, we aren't using this """"""""""""""""""""Superformula""""""""""""""""", also I won't comment anything on me saying we were using it so please forget that, specially if you're a lawyer"

When your boss goes on record saying your PR strategy was shit (and your boss is at Sony of all places to call out that shit!) you ain't getting hired for PR my friend.

Uh, so No Man's Sky was this bad, glad I could see the disaster from miles away.

WAKE ME UP

I usually hate these copy-pasted "gib upvotes pls xD"-attention reviews/comments, but I have to admit that this one made me actually laugh

>newscum itt

I'm actually going to pick this game up when it hits the bargain bin.
I think it looks like a good game that has been under-delivered.
If it was released without all of the bullshit hype, I think the game would of been received quite well.

What?

>"It wasn't a great PR strategy, because he didn't have a PR person helping him, and in the end he is an indie developer." -Shuhei Yoshida President of Sony Worldwide Studios
he's not getting a marketing job.

So he has been depressed for 2 years?

I am just waiting for his minecon 2016 video

>literal thousands of people sending him death threats
>tried to promote a game his team has been developing for the past years and became pretty much video game industry hitler in the process with everyone either hating the shit out of him or just generating a lot of buzz
Not the brightest one, are you? NMS is a piece of garbage, but you have to literally be mentally handicapped to not understand that whatever he's been going through over the course of the last month and a half is pretty fucked up.
All the epic lies XD memes aside, he's seriously been thrown under the bus by Sony and Hello games as a whole

>no Randy Pitchford video
ONE JOB CROWBCAT

If Sean himself dared to compare this tripe with Freespace I will strangle the life out of him

Fucking
Percent
of
user

This is really really really bad

>it works
It still sells like hotcakes

Wow, that's AMAZING how many people reviewed this fantastic game. Just amazing amount of people.

It makes reddit slowly realize things

better than NMS

He's a typical lying Irishman.

POST THE WEBM ALREADY

I pirated the game and got bored within a few hours when I realised no gameplay was changing

>"10 qunitilion reviews, some much buzz we're getting! Thank you guys"

>this triggered because trump got btfo last night
you have to go back

Excuse me? This is problematic.

>only steam bought copies count towards reviews now
>majority of the people who bought the game, bought it during the crowdfunding, and received their key via them or Humble Bundle.
>their bitter and often well-placed views are now hidden
Does that mean that none of those people's reviews count anymore, or does this change only count recent games?

Yes it does, OP.
Thanks for posting the prove.

>Buy game on launch day.
>Play it for 4 hours. "Sense" something has gone terribly wrong, but haven't checked the internet.
>Gut feeling / spider sense tells me to hurry
>Post on ebay for full price and sell immediately
>next day shit hits the fan

Glad i got rid of it while i had the chance.

Well here you go then
youtu.be/7QwQPX_yjnM

That's not skepticism. That's having common sense, user

thats sad that you think i support either party from my comment kiddo

here, have a (you). At least you tried pussy ass bitch.

More like good terraria, you got it twisted

>still falling for the starbound is bad meme

>According to underestimates made by underage Cred Forumsirgins

FTFY

>thos kids begging for console exclusives

ok, that shit made me genuinely angry

This to be honest.

God, it's like when you want to cheer for the underdog because they at least represent something different from what's been dominating, but they just bury themselves in their own campaign.

elaborate
I don't follow indees

>starting
kek

After selling his company to MicroSoft he's been depressed and just keeps tweeting about it

>taught everyone a lesson
The only lesson it taught is that there's a sucker born every minute. We told you years in advance it's this generation's Spore but you didn't listen!

>Terraria
>ever being bad
nice bait

I usually preorder so that I can pay and get it over with and forget it until launch day.

What's wrong with Splatoon?
Other than them pulling the plug on Splatfests so soon.

>grabbed the money
>no refunds
And he's depressed that people are not sucking his dick? Talk about entitled shithead devs...

I doubt he is actually depressed. That cunt is probably just saying that so the white knights will defend him while he stays at home laughing.

Honestly, I'd be more pissed is this guy was a jerk or flipped out and blamed players or something, but he seemed really genuine most of the time. Mistakes were made, but really, you designers really need to know when to cut their loses rather than put out a bad product and ruin their reputation.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. I wish i was a fly on the wall over there right now.

lying about your product's features even the day before release isn't a sign of "honesty plus too optimistic ambition", it's being a snake oil salesman and that's all.

Holy shit name?

>seemed really genuine most of the time
haha ok

:^)

I don't know what dimension you live in but I built a new rig with a gtx 950, i7, 16gb ram, 500psu, and I have had not one issue with this game.

Warning, this potato kicks CIS butt

youtube.com/watch?v=ffTUo1-F-_M

alright, i concede. I didn't follow the media and interviews.

It's not a multiplayer game, so why would there be multiplayer?

You're such a whiner, holy shit.

>indie game
>60 obamas
this is literally the reason user, if the game was15 or 20 dollars barelly anyone would be displeased

Mine craft is shit and looks terrible.

>Make a company
>Make a shit game that makes you millions
>Dissolve company
>Start up a new company
>Make another shit game that makes you millions
>Repeat

Honestly, most indie devs are trying to make themselves really popular with their games instead of making a popular game and then being known as the guy who made that game. If you really wanted to scam people though, just don't disclose who you are. God, Digital Homicide had like 7 different companies and that was how they could push so many shitty games through. Even if you kick out one, there's still 6 left.

So I'm guessing she's an SJW. Does she have nudes?

except that doesn't work in the internet age. This guys reputation is ruined. He'll have to ghost design his own next game if he ever makes another one.

>Game was too hardware intensive
>Had to rewrite the game using C++ and Assembly

I'm surprised they didn't commit mass suicide during development

I wouldn't know. Didn't even know she was an SJW.

>you fucking retard
>you fucking faggot

Stop projecting so hard Internet bully.

NU

I am so fucking glad I smelled his bullshit well in advance.

>lel, I called him some names out of my sophisticated vocabulary, did anyone else see that? Am I cool or what? He must be rusled over there like that gorilla on the cereal box! Epix! Simply epic FTW XD

This. Dude just wanted to make a space exploration game because the concept inspired him growing up. Then he misspoke and everyone flipped out. My hatred is for the gamers more than anything. If better feedback had been provided for the game instead of pepole bitching and thrashing on the game, maybe the developers would communicate more with their audience.

Someone explain this to me.

Why were so many people desperate to defend No Man's Sky? Why were they lying about it? There were even people saying the game DID have multiplayer, but you can to get to the center of the galaxy first to get to it

Don't concede, they're babies that got overhyped over a few poor statements. Fight them wherever they sprout up like rats.

Hype does horrible things to one's mind, and I'm pretty sure being hyped for video games is now illegal in some countries.

How can people say "But Sean never said there was any multiplayer"? He's been recorded saying players can meet and see each other.

HOW DOES SEAN GET AWAY WITH DODGING SO MANY QUESTIONS?

By the way, what are those two video game talkshow looking things?

youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88

Fuck it hurts

What exactly did he do that is so great? He lied to people. I could do that... He isn't a gifted salesman he's just a liar that took it too far and bombed his sales and reputation. He's a failure

oh god I have a friend like this, he keeps trying to act like it's good and worth the money he spent
"they didn't lie, they're gonna add those features eventually" "it's revolutionary"
I think he only played for about a week or 2 though

Sony paid for most of that stuff

AND HE RAAAAN!
HE RAN SO FAR AWAAAAY!

>0.10 has been transferred into your account

This is what hype gets you. I'm amazed that people are still falling for it considering this isn't something unique to games either. Hype is like some kind of cozy drug that ends up robbing you of your senses similar to impulse buying with a dick, some of those reddit posts defending this failure we're like the words of abuse victims suffering from stockholm syndrome.

It really says a lot when the "hype train" lasts so much longer than the product itself.

>still no price drop store.steampowered.com/app/275850/?cc=us

>The kid that wants console exclusives for the sole purpose that people would have to buy every version

I'm sure some journalists are preparing a feature about the bulling that Sean and his game are suffering
Hello games will never release on PC again

Its better to sell millions once then start a new company which someone else as the 'face'

Also works for crowdsourcing

People will forget no mans sky after 5 yearsish

>VGX

Holy fuck, are we still feeling the aftershocks of that shitshow?

You sure this isn't just a modified copypasta that was about gays or something?

>Sony gave them money
Yeah, now they want it back. Considering they have thrown Sean under the bus for it's failure, I'd say they got their money's worth and no longer care what happens to the game or the company.

Steam keeps the money when you refund. It's out of the devs pocket.

Maybe you should read what that actually says or learn what a lawsuit is.

Sean and Sony still walk away super rich.

What is more infuriating is that reddit defended this game for a few weeks even after the game released and real gamers said it was shit.

You do understand that they had to write that because they got tired of turning people down for refunds right? Most people didn't refund.

THE FUCKING DETOTATED WAM GUY

I was so hyped for this and me and a few friends got it but it's just boring and can't keep me playing. Terraria is just so much more fun and keeps me wanting to play constantly

>Those high pitch shrills of children

This truly is hell.

Is it possible Sean is actually under advice to not say anything? How many lawsuits are they facing right now? If I were his lawyer I'd tell him to shut the fuck up before more lies escape through his pores.

This is the lowest rated game on steam
>%6

>it works fine if you spend four digits

>troll harder pathetic autist

His reputation is shot. I.E., fucked beyond belief. So, no more games for him. And money doesn't last. So once that money is gone, he's fucked in the ass as far as work opportunity goes. And he's over qualified for a Walmart job. So... yep.

Depressed how exactly?
this was a deliberate scam orchestrated by Hello Games and Sean, and it worked

he's gone and run with the money and will never be seen again

If he made 3 million dollars, he's essentially set for the rest of his life.

3 million dollars isn't shit in this modern era. Those continuous bills and taxes will chip a 3rd of that away within 2 years.

Are you one of those people that seem to think lots of money means never-ending happiness?

>not investing properly
Well yeah, give any retard 3 million dollars and it wont last.

you grief their friend's list every time you launch the game and they have to see "Dumb Faggot is playing No Man's Sky"

>Opinions are b8
Sit down and learn your place. Good boy.

>tfw you didn't buy No Man's Sky

>gay sex with

>tfw i don't pay for indieshit

AAA games master race.

Stop projecting

It's obviously "Gay sex without touching penor"

Space is the new zombie genre people are desperate for a good one and star wars.

when did they change the description from "You can do anything."
lmao

>There are no special exemptions available

except when they literally break the law

When is Sean coming back?

No matter what people say about this game, It sold well. You bunch of fucking idiots made Sean rich. Who cares if they don't make a new game, they don't have to. They already got filthy rich.

Not in Guildford he isn't, the place is so fucking expensive. I lived there last year, shame i'm not still there or i'd try to find him in some dingy pub while he weeps over his cosmopolitan.

Why are you implying that most people here bought this? And even if they did, refunds exist.

>1:43
>females make up 48% percent of gamers
That leaves 52% for males, right? OK.

The game got close to selling 1 million copies in Steam the last time I saw the steamspy stats. Now the game only has 700,000 owners. I like to believe those 300,000 people were all refunds from Cred Forums.

No, shitlord, 10% Other, 42% male. Ugh. *Sigh*.

Becauae people could rename planets after someone already names them

Got a number of how many did they sell on platforms? People tend to refund less on them. Maybe because it's more of a hassle?

Are gets automatically deleted or something?

It sucks because me and a friend from work (who has a PS4 whilst I have a PC) were really hyped for it pre-launch.

Then it released, and I ducked it because of the early PC reports and people trashing it. He still bought it. On the next day he was in he was like "Oh, have you played No Man's Sky? It's okay..."

Man, I remember the first Flatout game being okay.

off by one

It did get a price drop though.

store.steampowered.com/app/396750/

wew

Flatout 2 is phenomenal, I have about 20 hours from Steam alone

Limited soundtrack, but the chaos was fantastic once you knew how to play it

>gay sex with
dude...

>unity

The alpha game was better than this crap

maybe people don't understand what this game give really to you.

i don't know if you're still here but i want you to know you're a faggot.

>tfw I still have some of the NMS concept art as my wallpaper
I'd say this game hurt more than Spore. I knew it was going to be shit much faster, but I was looking forwards to a space exploration game, and I fucking love this game's conceptual art direction and OST.
It's really a shame that the game is such an irredeemable shit-show. Sean can go fuck himself.

Wait, so I havent been keeping up with this No Man's Sky stuff because since I heard about the game being developed it sounded boring and uninteresting.

Are people mad that that turned out to be the case?

>anyone can be a gamer, even if it's playing sodooku on your phone

I bought the game when it was released on steam as early access in Dec 2013.

I fucking love it. Novakid best.

>Sean Murray lies and doesn't explain what the game is about
Whilst he said some shit about what wasn't in the game, what the game was actually about was already out there. I got exactly what i expected from the game, because instead of just reading and watching interviews, i looked at gameplay.

>Ouya

Just watched his video and holy shit that was a much bigger trainwreck than I remember

They had fucking nothing and they hyped it up so much and didn't even do a good job of it

The part at 10:55 makes me tear up everytime. That's pure comedy gold.

>I feel like I don't want to release this game
He knew

hownew.swf

youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU

Holy fucking shit

>3 fucking years
>in that timespan, the game got LESS content, besides the shitty story no one cares about

I remember years ago a friend and I made a bookmark on another friend's computer called TF2 that actually linked to the Gay Sex With HATS ON video.. When he clicked it he just silently shut the tab and deleted the bookmark. He was pretty religious back then so I don't think he appreciated it.

newfag get out and stay there

there's no gets on Cred Forums besides 00s

> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

would there have been a better outcome if sean wasn't the pr guy