Whatever happened to boss-focused games? Aside from Monster Hunter they just stopped making them

Whatever happened to boss-focused games? Aside from Monster Hunter they just stopped making them.

Bosses are too videogamey. Boss sections should be replaced by walking sections that are focused on story telling, imo.

Monster Hunter isn't boss focused, the only real "bosses" in the game are some ones in key quests

I'm not sure if it's nostalgia or not - but I feel like Megaman X has the best boss designs out of ANY Megaman game ever made.

Is it nostalgia bias on my part? If you respond to this post with a different megaman game, how do you know you're not biased as well?

What defines a boss-focused game?Wouldn't a boss focused game just be mostly boss fights? (Like Sin and Punishment or Cuphead)

>Implying people play Megaman for the levels

What in general happened to level selects?

the levels especially in X were way better than the bosses, there was lots of exploration and cool gimmicks.

>im a sucker for minecart levels

If you like boss-focused games, then I hope you've played Contra Shattered Soldier and most of the games made by Treasure.

Who are you quoting?

Jesus shut the fuck up

Furi.

It's literally Boss Rush: The Game. It's made by Japanese developers. It's designed by the guy who made Afro Samurai. It has a nice soundtrack made by artists like Carpenter Brut, Waveshaper and Kn1ght. The gameplay is amazing.

Bosses are too videog-

Fuck you.

Bosses are just fake difficulty because they do things you haven't been trained to handle.

Pic related, how the FUCK was I supposed to dodge any of that shit?

There are no levels, just big maps with terrain and buildings generated by algorithms

Nigga, we've been getting annual boss focused games through Soulsborne and MonHun since longer than 2009.

Hell I'm starting to miss stock level themes.

>Soulsborne games don't exist

>implying people play Megaman soley for the bosses

Most are absolutely trivialized by boss weaknesses, which are piss easy to figure out. Not only that, but the levels in Mega Man games WILL kill you more often than the bosses themselves.

And no, I'm not saying bosses shouldn't exist in Mega Man, just that the implication that the levels have no bearing on the success of the franchise is absolutely retarded, and you should probably stop opining on shit you know nothing about.

Ugh, why are "core" gamers so toxic?

Spend a couple moments formulating pattern recognition, fill up on E-Tanks prior to fighting a boss, make sure you aren't on the brink of a game over with 1 life left, and abuse the pattern focused AI by being a living, breathing self controlled human being with a brain?

Or I guess you can always fall back to flailing like a retard, die, then shitpost on the internet for years.

The gameplay is boring as fuck lol

That's, like, ugh, so ableist of you! It's 2016 and games should be inclusive and for everyone. Some people won't be able to handle bosses and will give up frustrated.

Those are just games that even have bosses, which is rare nowadays. You don't find out about them before the fight and you forget them the instant they die, that's not a focus.

>you forget them the instant they die

Why not just admit you've never played a Souls game?

Mad cause you know I'm right. Most of the monsters can't be considered bosses, some sure, but not the focus.

It is in fact possible to beat him without taking any damage.

>lying this hard to fit in Cred Forums

Yeah but most souls bosses are super boring to fight against.

That's cause every enemy in Dark Souls has a grand total of five attacks, and at most two of them are multiple hit combos.

Megaman sucks balls. Just get the power weapon and easily beat the boss. What fun is to be had in that? Only way to make the bosses challenging is to use Megaman's arm plasma pistol only against bosses.

>If you respond to this post with a different megaman game, how do you know you're not biased as well?
How can anyone be sure that their opinion is anything but biased?