Why does this game trigger Cred Forums so much?

Why does this game trigger Cred Forums so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePmRr88-wDc
change.org/p/make-cave-story-acknowledge-that-it-copied-undertale
farsidejr.deviantart.com/journal/A-Guide-to-Undertale-AUs-582035769
g.e-hentai.org/g/967505/815d6e9927/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vb22li36dJg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hp2NO7hQxDI
soundcloud.com/dabunky/lose-your-hopes-and-dreams
youtube.com/watch?v=aWBtpBwzzdM
archived.moe/v/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's popular

because it was shilled like crazy

Because Tumblr liked it too.

It's autistic with equally autistic butterdragons

because it was actually good

It made them really think.

the characters don't like it when you kill them and Cred Forums finds that offensive

Too popular

Most people even on the internet aren't furries.

Maybe get better taste in fetishes.

It's a great game loved by Cred Forums upon release (with multiple threads hitting post limit every couple hours) that got popular over time, attracting the tumblr/reddit fanbase.

Now newfriends who've just heard of the game from tumbl- I mean Cred Forums, come here to shit on it to *fit in*.

Not as much as it used to.
Papyrus best character. Spider best pus pus.

not game
fanbase

It triggers me that people suck it's dick so much for it's story when it's story the worst aspect of the game

I actually enjoy the good combat system and soundtrack but I feel like I live on a planet full of retards when they universally praise this game based heavily on the story instead of it's actually good aspects

Because it is popular and well written while simultaneously being a genre that is frequently made fun of on Cred Forums. Cred Forums is very, very scared of the idea that someone will make fun of them for the things they like, just like what happened to them in school.

overrated pixelshit

Over the top media coverage.
A simplistic, low-effort title like this shouldn't be praised as GOAT when so many better indie titles go unnoticed.

Riding off the Homestuck hate since it has several connections, including most of the same fans.

>well written

Because it's the gameification of tumblr and it is pure and unadulterated cancer.

it became popular
Cred Forums hates everything that's popular and successful

Because you touch yourself at night

>LE \V/ IS SO CONTRARIAN THEY HATE EVERYTHING POPULAR ESPECIALLY THINGS I SPECIFICALLY LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>gameification of tumblr
Have you even played the game? Or are you just spouting memes?

Fanbase is autistic. Music is kinda rad though.

>>>/tumblr/

youtube.com/watch?v=ePmRr88-wDc

It's kind of a cringy game but I think it's okay. I'm more triggered by the fans than the game itself.

Fanbase praising it as the best game ever while it's 7/10 at best.

Because the community is horrible and full of tumblrites and furries.

Nice try, tumblr. Fuck off and never come back. Don't forget to bring your 2/10 """game""" with you.

>8 legs
>7 vaginas
the math doesn't add up but it still fulfills my spidergirl fetish

It's not that Cred Forums hates popular games. Cred Forums hates it whengames are being praised for the wrong reasons.

I don't go there, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Because there's literally a thread on it every fucking day you faggot

It is probably in my top 10 games of all time.

I seriously think it was 2015 goty.

1. It became really popular
2. Awful fanbase thanks to Tumblr (you can't deny they affected in more than one way the fanart and other stuff)
3. Too many autistic fans and antifans.
4. Whatever that game award to best game ever happened and both Cred Forums and Tumblr raid it so that Undertale got into finals (and I think it actually won, but not so sure).

So pretty much how much of an autism magnet it was.

But Cred Forums was praising it when it first came out? They started hating it once it got popular because they wanted to be hipsters like they always do.

>bad story
>bad story told badly
>bad """""""choices"""""""""
>too short
>hit and miss humor
>4th wall breaking as an excuse for poor writing
>attempting a Shyamalan twist and failing
>autism fanbase

There is a lot to hate about this game

Holy fuck I hate retards like you

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it universally praised when it came out by literally everyone! NOBODY HATED IT
>it totally wasn't a small circlejerk in one thread
>it doesn't make ANY sense at all that when a game gets more popular that more people that disliked it would speak out

Literally fuck off retard

That's my point though.
>game releases
>Cred Forums thinks game is alright
>"HEY GUYS HAVE YOU PLAYED GOTY YET"
>at least 4-5 threads constantly up
>all spouting how amazing the characters/writing/gameplay is

Has what could be considered furry characters, is popular with tumblr and kids, and the humor is WACKY. I thought it was pretty nice though.

This. Tumbrlfags can't grasp the concept that open forums are not hugboxes.

>shameless copy of earthbound
>with lgbt and feminist bullshit
>its fans are as autistic as earthbound fans >literally never shut the fuck up about this shitty overrated game

Undertalefags are right in there with Bronies.

It got popular faster than Cred Forums could say they no longer liked it.

At least Sindoll did goat fanarts of it. The only good thing about this 8-Bit garbage.

Because it's popular.
For Cred Forums a good game should be also an hidden gem known by fews like a freemason's ritual.
So Cred Forumstards can say to know something that other people don't. It's a childish behaviour.

>with lgbt and feminist bullshit
I don't see it.
The fanbase is cancer though, no denying that.

This. It became popular with shitty people.

Fuckers like
can pretend that's not the case all they like, but it was getting near universal praise on Cred Forums at release.

I hate this game for a few reasons

1. Because people hailed it as the "citizen kane" of vidya. I refuse to believe there is such a thing as a perfect game, and to those who claim this is one I'm left with the assumption they are shit at games.

2. The pretentious nature of the game, with an underlying theme of "don't judge a book by it's cover". I get it ok, "HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS".

3.The gameplay was fairly tedious and easy.

4. The absolute autism that surrounds it fan base rivals that of FNAF.

>universal praise

See

>Reached like six threads ongoing at once within three days.
Shit was crazy.
There were always people who didn't like it, but to say it wasn't obscenely popular before the cancerous fanbase latched on is revisionist.

The first day this game came out, I commented on not being a huge fan of the artstyle and it's extremely minimalist style. I promptly received over 50 messages from random strangers telling me to kill my self. This was not on Cred Forums, either. It's an entirely different flavor of cancer.

1 and 4 are invalid reasons to hate the game itself

2, you are looking too deeply into it.

3 is a good point

>Conveniently leaving out the word "near" to make your point stronger.

Come on, user.
You and I both know I didn't say it was universally praised.

Yes, let's just look at the past with rose tinted goggles and remember all 6 million comments that say they loved the game

Also let's just ignore all the people on Cred Forums and /vg/ (like in this thread) that still like it

Nope, it's literally universally HATED now because reasons

>I don't see it.
Blind, clinically retarded or damage-controlling tumblrina?
YOU DECIDE!

>the math doesn't add up but it still fulfills my spidergirl fetish
Well, human girls naturally have two legs and 1 (one) vagina, right? So clearly number(vaginas) = number(legs)-1
Spidergirls a cute!

>you are looking too deeply into it
but here's the thing, I'm not.
I honestly felt like it was being shouted out to me at every turn, and to say that one can look too deeply into a game seems silly too me

Burden of proof is on you my friend.

Its shit

This.

I agree with the person that said it was pretentious

There is a lot of "artsy" moments in the game that serve no purpose like walking down a super long corridor or hallway with no enemies

>Yes, let's just look at the past with rose tinted goggles and remember all 6 million comments that say they loved the game
What? No? I just said it was extremely popular here on release.

>Also let's just ignore all the people on Cred Forums and /vg/ (like in this thread) that still like it
I didn't say anything like that.

>Nope, it's literally universally HATED now because reasons
I didn't say anything like that either.

What the absolute fuck are you babbling about?

Whilst I agree that the "be a good person/you aren't a good person" was a bit on the nose, I didn't see pretentiousness. I saw more charm than anything.

>DUDE YOU'RE PLAYING A VIDEOGAME HOW INSANE IS THAT XD: the game

>and to say that one can look too deeply into a game seems silly too me
Panel de Pon is a metaphor for Patriarchal domination over oppressed women.
Reading too deep is absolutely a thing.

>"IT GOT POPULAR!!!"
>"Cred Forums LOVED IT ON RELASE DAY!!!!"
how about you stupid fucks stop pretending that ever happened
It was a mother like rpg abortion
When it came out you spergs circlejerk on it so hard that every undertale thread was 50% people telling you to fuck off and stop shilling/circlejerk on it
25%was cringe OC and the other 25%was for sucking toby fox cock

You are being completely revisionist. There were lots of threads on Cred Forums before it even began appearing on mainstream review sites.

dude history revisionism lmao

for fucks sake the game had constant threads ever since the demo, before it even was out

There were untouched threads between the demo and the release. That's it.
>>>/tumblr/

Yeah on top of all that was crown funding with e-cucks faggotry marathon

The only issue I had with the story is how convoluted it is to actually get all of the info.

I wonder what papyrus's spaghetti tastes like
Haha

Not necessarily the story, but the dialogue is great. I laughed out loud at multiple lines just observing different stuff in the environment. Also the characters were all very well done.

underage pls go

>not liking something because of the community

Reminder that your opinion should be shaped only by your experience playing the game.

I wonder what Sans butthole smells like

LOLing at all the Underhate in this thread. We can do better than this, Cred Forums.

Fellow Undertalians will know what I'm talking about. We have had a long (and unnesessarily dramatic :P) history on Cred Forums, making great progress in achieving recognition for Undertale.

However, over time it has become clear that we face two enemies in gaining a broader acceptance and acclaim for Undertale: Underhaters (people on Cred Forums who just "don't get it" *smacks forehead*) and "neutrolls", those who lack the determination xD to bring Undertale to greater heights and gain it the recognition it deserves.

While it is true that we have gained a fairly good deal of recognition and acceptance for Undertale over the past few months, I can't help but feel that are progress is flagging somewhat. We can do so much better, guys! We need renewed DETERMINATION! You have to remember what makes Undertale special FOR YOU. You have to remember why you chose to be an Undertalian in a first place--whether that was crying when goatmom died, finding quiche under the bench, meeting Temmie, or seeing Asriel hug Frisk.

All in all, what I'm saying is: in the end, it comes down to you. Talk to your fellow Undertalians. Talk to me. Renew your energy and accumulate support. It doesn't happen without us, and it doesn't happen without YOU, one by one, each and every Undertalian. Undertale has only barely breached 2 million sales. It has so much further to go. The sky (or the center of the Earth if you like :D) is the limit!

See you underground,
MettatonStar76

from what place did you copypaste this

>It got popular
>It was good
>The people that liked the game are mostly shit
>The story includes 2 gay couples out of about 100 characters and this triggers diet Cred Forums aka Cred Forums
Take your pick

Oopsie, bad format :P
Please see new post :D

The music isnt good its fruity loops and gameplay is just a smt, earthbound, nier hybrid but dumbed down to the max

>indie
>pixel
>gained mainstream popularity
>anthropomorphic characters
>tumblr likes it
of course Cred Forums's gonna freak
although there were tame threads during the demo and launch week.
shame we can't have threads like those anymore, newfags try too hard to be cool and edgy so they can fit in.

>the music was made with a computer program
oh shit, really

Cred Forums tries so hard to be contrarian it's funny.

way to prove you've been here for less than a year

Or maybe the rest of the game is very different from the demo?

Oh well, Toby effectively admitted he plagiarized from Cave Story now, so I am a bit assuaged. Just know it's a ripoff.

>inspiration = plagiarizing
?

its gay

Lol

Because of garbage threads like this one.

>anime image
Dont act like you have an opinion

It was really good and the soundtrack is amazing

I'm glad r/v/ reacted the way they did though. It's always screamingly funny when they meltdown about 'libkeks getting triggered and needing muh safe space' but feel actively threatened and offended when a video game has a gay or nonbinary character in it

projecting isn't just what emiya shirou does famalam

>inspiration = plagiarizing
???

>expressing opinions in a mostly unmoderated environment
>"it's muh safe space just like neogaf"
Kill yourself you retard hypocrite.

What does Sans butthole smell like?

yea?

I can do this all night.

He basically looked at the history of FREE indie games, stole everything that worked, and put his name on it, and sold it for $10 to people who hadn't seen it.

Like people say of Keiji Inafune, he's a "good businessman." But he's a creative asshole.

What is this supposed to be telling me? Undertale isn't allowed to use flowers, ghosts, or scientists?

All these

It tells you you have brain damage because you can't congize basic pattern recognition, something gray parrots have demonstrated.

Yes

>ywn fall down a hole and get to live the rest of your life living with a motherly goat monster, baking you pies by day and being your own personal cocksleeve by night

>hating games because fanbase

Fucking mongoloids I swear.

which twist?

Because it's mopey weepy bullshit that plays the "I'm a defenseless thing and we should all hug" card like MLP. It triggers the worst kind of autists who form a faux-relationship with the game and scream bloody murder at anyone criticizing it because they have imbued it with the nature of the goatmom they never had and interpret an attack on the game as an attack on their new fuzzy animal friends.

Those kinds of developmentally disabled people are the worse kind of blight on a place like this, and are ultimately why /mlp/ was quarantined and sent to its ghetto. They are incompatible with this format and should go have a hug n' cry in a hugbox.

>I refuse to believe there is such a thing as a perfect game

That doesn't help your case. Where is the plagiarism.

or a dude made a videogame using concepts he liked

its not like cave story didn't shamelessly rip-off castle in the sky

Case in point. Kill yourself you faggot.

>yume nikki
>anime
Kill yourself. The dialogue was easily the wost part of Undertale.

>getting mad at people for liking a game
>t-THEY'RE the ones with a developmental disability!

Leave Cave Story out of this please user

Because it was bad, much like everything on this list

Thats not Undertale

change.org/p/make-cave-story-acknowledge-that-it-copied-undertale

He didnt die for this user

But if the best part was the worst part doesn't this mean that...the game was shit??

Even as somebody who likes watching that kind of shit, I have to agree. Mopey-wopey "feelsy" bullshit just makes the new generation weaker, more autistic faggots than the old one. Forcing someone to feel bad for fighting is not gonna help.

>shilled like fuck
>furries
>pretentious
Its Earthbound for babbies, that alone woukd be enough to piss off Cred Forums.

The game doesn't stop you from killing everyone. It's still your choice.

>Gurren Lagaan
>One Piece
>One-Punch Man
>JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
>Steven Universe
>Adventure Time
>Pokemon
>Digimon
>Pacific Rim
>Del Toro
>Pixar
>Disgaea
>Undertale
>Metal Gear
>Kojima
>Final Fantasy
>Lab Zero
>Zelda
>Star Wars
>Tales Series
>90s cartoons
>Persona
>Rick and Morty
>Gen Urobuchi
>Fate
>Ghibli
>NIntendo
>Trigger
>Evangelion
>Laika
>Radiohead
>Pink FLoyd
>Florence and the Machines
>Tame Impala

There's no award for being a cynical dipshit, I promise

Teaching your kids to kill/hurt anybody they don't like is not exactly gonna help too.

I don't get it.

>no Madoka
Well isn't that nice?

right on, Cred Forumsrother. trump traiiiiinnnnnnnn

Incorrect. You need to teach them how to do so without getting caught. The most sucessful people in the world hurt, lie, cheat, steal and ruin people's lives but aren't punished because they don't get caught.

The sooner you teach your kids not to care about others feelings, the better.

>LOtR
>doesnt specify books or which movies
>>>>>bad
There's so many things wrong with that image.

>Any work by Gen Urobuchi

Read it again

And teaching your kids that hugging and talking things out will solve everything won't help either.

Sure but it seems like common sense to instill in them that violence is a last resort unless you're an actual sociopath

fug

but then again why am i discussing something with a Cred Forumstard under the assumption that they're ever going to procreate to begin with

this is bait to end all bait

>Mopey-wopey "feelsy" bullshit just makes the new generation weaker, more autistic faggots than the old one
its just you who's the faggot, theres litterally nothing wrong with kids seeing that sometimes there are solutions other than killing everything they see.

That is why you must temper them properly.
Anybody that has an IQ above a nigger will figure this shit out anyway.

And you call yourselves Christians?

>on Cred Forums
>using virgin as an insult
You should task yourself with why you care so much about raising progeny when it is beyond your scope.

No?
God is dead fool
Practical philosophy 4life

Material goods and notoriety are not worth the sacrifice of your soul.

You're just jealous of Notch's 2 Billion dollars you poorfag

The soul is an intangible conjecture.

I don't know how you can't have fun at shit like the Papyrus and Muffet fights. This game had some fantastic boss encounters.

Because someone on tumblr liked it

does frisk have a feminine penis
or a manly vagina

She (he) has anything you want him (her) to have pal!

>Cred Forums
>playing games

Because it's a
>Western
>Popular
>Pixel art
Indie game with furry characters in it.

Save for goat and fish, everything else seems to be monsters rather than furry.

>Doggo
>Ice Wolf
>Goat Mom and Dad
>Bunny shopkeep
>Bunny royal guard
>Alley Cat

And then there's the scallies
>Lisa Simpson
>Alley Gator
>Dragon royal guard
etc.

Because it became popular even though it doesn't have any sexy anime women.

But it does have a sexy anime fish.

Benis xd

Yeah I love those.

Jesus fucking christ...

He didn't even say "OH YEAH!" in the original. It was "HUZZAH!"

Maybe more

>sexy
all of the characters are ugly as fuck

user but what if....

>shilled
By whom?

>He doesn't like Echoes
Smh

The bullet-dodging mechanic was fairly creative. I wish it was used in a serious RPG where killing is okay and the RPG elements in general are more complex. It would eliminate a lot of randomness which is always good.
Maybe the Fight action could involve multiple inputs like a rhythm game, and there could be a magic system for the player, with stronger spells needing longer input sequences.

Tumblr sense of humor and basically zero originality. Also it gets praised by people who don't really play many games and think its ability to talk to enemies is some amazing hippy shit revelation.

BUILT

FOR

WORSHIP

> that artist page

>Paying homage is plagiarizing

>edgy teen goat
>not cute shotagoat
they draw edgy teen goat too manly, with a long-ass muzzle and shit
cute fluffy butts is where its at

Because it's a game that attracts a large audience of some of the most insufferable people on the internet.

Those people who think the world revolves around them, the game itself is interesting and has a small commentary on how RPG games usually play out. Interesting characters and dialogue.

Because of this however it appeals to a lot of people, some of these people do not know who to control themselves and spew all of their fetishes/interests all over tumblur/deviant art and let the whole fucking world know they want to fuck an anthropomorphized goat.

It's the same reason why Star Fox gets so much shit on Cred Forums now and days is because anyone who actually gave a shit about the series gave up on it already and anyone still clinging on is more than likely a furry or a shipper of some kind.

but those hips

I was mostly ambivalent to furries prior to Undertale, but once they started getting into it and made fanart I really started to realize the depths of my loathing.

It's the same instinctive disgust I have with diaperfags.

when's haydee's turn to get hated then?

This is something I never understand about furries, if you're gonna draw something that is male indistinctly then don't give it feminine features.

It's like they make it that way so they can pull people into fapping to homosexual stuff, it makes no fucking sense.

literally this

>tfw no Krystal to cuddle

I think it's a nice game, I liked the atmosphere, Mettaton and the NPC dialogue outside of story cutscenes the most, but what really, really hurts it is its costant need to reference things. The game has an identity but it would be more powerful if half of it wasn't homaging things Toby Fox likes (especially old JRPGs and indie games that were popular in niche communities 10 years ago (case in point, Starmen.net was flocking with Yume Nikki and Cave Story fans during that time). The problem is simple: take the homages away from Undertale and suddenly you'll have to make a lot of new original assets, and a lot of its good moments will be stripped of their atmosphere (like the True Lab: that one is a copy of an area in Yume Nikki where you get the Nopperabo effect; or the Opera scene, or the intro tune, etc).

Then you have the kids and the ignorants who don't know even half of the things the game constantly references probably thinking the game is extremely original.
Even the concept of LOVE vs Love was talked about years ago in Japan only JRPG MOON.

This is the shit I'm talking about, can't mention the name Star Fox without some fucker coming out on the board like a cave dweller to post some fanart of the series most hated fucking character with some text next to it telling the whole world about their love with her.

Guess what pal, you'd better line the fuck up, there's probably thousands of people ahead of you that want to cuddle with some anthro bitch.

frisk is a cute boy! BOY!

It isn't just furries. It's traps and trap lovers in general that do this.

either it will or we just don't care, theres not enough thiq and ass to make that mediocre stealth game any good

Haydee is already getting it's fair amount of pushback. But that's never good enough for Cred Forums is it? You won't be satisfied until the game is hated by everyone.

fan base and furry.

Thx i needed that for fapping.

Who is the qte? It really turns me on.

hOI!!!!!!!

I need more Silent Hill memes.

Despite being a pretty average game with top tier music it's shilled as the best video game ever because it gave some people feels.

It's completely possible for girls to have scrawny legs and boys to have hips and nice butts.

I don't get the problem with this. As a fetish I understand it's annoying. But I don't it's nearly as annoying as those awful ahegao eyes.

To be fair, Star Fox hasn't had a universally-liked game in forever. The characters/waifushit tends to stick out more as a latch for longtime fans.

Also, Krystal's pretty damn cute looking.

I get that it's possible. But it's also like, if you're attracted to men, then what's the point in making them look exactly like women? Isn't the point to appreciate the masculine? Even if it's a small svelte man, there are still ways to makes that form appear masculine.

It just seems pointless to me.

>HOI
POST THE AUDIO

All the characters are one dimensional anime tropes. The worst part is, everyone thinks they're "Original", which they aren't.

I need more videos of people being terrible at games, preferably no DSP.

sounds like you should watch less anime.

I like feminine men and women because I like making them submit to my dick, this just doesn't work with masculine men, at least for me.

It's the most vanilla and ancient fetish in the book but hey.

no! temmie is pure!

Some people like the bait and switch.

>isn't the point to appreciate the masculine

I think a lot of the appeal is seeing the masculine form (aka penis, no breasts etc, slighty more musculature) surrounded by non-masculine traits (hips etc). Some may enjoy seeing the traits of gender softened by aspects of the other gender.

It's not for me, I personally like skinny cute guys. But I understand the appeal.

Where's the goatmom porn already

Or maybe people should stop acting like anime tropes in a western indie game are original.

This is an incredibly insecure image.
I'd actually like the people who make these to make a list of all the things that are okay to like.

I wonder.

it's just bait my dude.

Cred Forums needs this. You have to link your accounts on your new Cred Forums account along with credit card info. You didn't play on a supported platform? Then you didn't play it, fuck off piratefags. Gtfo.
Make it so, Hirogooki.

>got to be literal on everything
grow up kiddo

the point stands, your opinion is shit since you didn't got any rebutal, just posted one reaction and quoted.

The dialog was good, even greater than any cliche shit that blizz can do nowdays.

>homaging
its a bad thing, because ?
(opinion aside)

>Pure

Temmie is for lewd. Only good for hump and dump.

This is why Cred Forums hates undertale.

So? Cred Forums hates everything anyway.

Nah, you're just a spergy weeaboo.

Almost nothing's 110% "original" anyways, doesn't mean you can't enjoy them.

but Cred Forums lewdifies everyth- ah.

because they liked it before tumblr took over

>undertale thread derails into trap discussion and porn of characters from the game
>this is somehow different from any other thread

you could screencap that from any thread.
this is how always is

more like why does Cred Forums get so triggered that i hate this game

Me for a little bit, but that's because it was making people angry. I don't know why people were angry with it in the first place.

>tfw will never be able to use Undertale folder because someone will flip their shit and start crying and it all just spirals out of control from there.

It's better than MGSV

I know that feel
as autistic as some parts of the fanbase is, it has produced a lot of good OC.

because when people hate something so much that using an image from it derails the thread it gets old. Such a powerful level of autism brings up the question of why hasn't Cred Forums been deleted yet

It doesn't trigger Cred Forums, it just trigger people who think video games are only arcade genre and can't have any other sense than being a game.

It's like these people who thought the cinema is not an art because it's just about filming stuff.

>there is still Undertale generals

The worst feels. There is some excellent stuff out there.

>it's just charautist waifuposting and AU shit.

>that pic
well I was thinking more along the lines of the really funny ones, rather than the "oh so sad muh feels;_;" ones.

That ain't shit
>there are still Katawa Shoujo generals

Hey feelsy shit can be good too. Unfortunately we are reaching barneyfag levels of shitposting any time anything undertale related is posted.

this shitposting isn't nearly as advanced as barneyposting.

Mediocre game that was praised like it was the second coming of christ.

I miss a year ago when this came out. I wish I accomplished something since then.

furries have good taste

It's not a bad thing per se, it's just that it does it too much and if you know all the things it references, it can feel like it relies its own identity on something else instead of trying to be itself.
I enjoyed the references and all, but the game was stronger when it didn't constantly try to homage something else.

I guess in the end it all is up to taste. I personally would've preferred UT do its own thing more instead of showing how much it loves EarthBound.

It's not shilling, unless you have a relationship with the seller of the product. Otherwise, it's plain old spamming.

>furries are terrible maymay

>Bottom left quote

because its tumblr the game

>liking Pewds is bad
lol ur a massive faggot and are never getting laid

okay bud

>edgy

>that pic

Just use the images anyways, so long as they're relevant.

Have a smug AU goat waifu.

Nah. There will still be someone that throws a shitfit.

I just go to /an/ for my reaction images now.

It was a genuinely shitty game that got rave reviews from muh feels crowd. It was the indie version of Borderlands 2.

the if its known by normies it is bad.

That wasn't my post.

The dialogue is meme-infested and tries way too hard to be quirky. I can't imagine anyone over the age of 16 enjoying it. I'm also not sure why you're making a comparison to Blizzard.

>started as a car salesman a year ago
>now closing my own deals and getting my own appointments in
I dont care how pathetic it sounds, the whole determination gig helped me keep going. I think thats why it just kills me you cant have a thread even once in a great while that isnt autistic shitposting to no end.

>AU
This is one thing that i fucking despise about the undertale fanbase
There's legit probably 500, and they're all fucking identical aside from one thing, or so incredibly autistic i have to motivate myself to continue breathing. Shit like "Underlust".

How the fuck "outertale" managed to become one of the better known AUs is beyond me. They're all fucking garbage, but outertale is just undertale in fucking space, and the OST gets ruined by some retarded mario galaxy sfx. Underfell, same game but everyone's edgy. Also music is lowered in pitch "bc they're evil lmao".
How did this shit evolve into anything more than a tiny amount of fanart. Fucking ridiculous

I feel ya.

See?

>autism: the post

That's not even considering a vast majority of AUs are focused on Sans.
The fanbase managed to fuck up him and Chara entirely, it's ridiculous.

The fuck is AU?

Alternate Universe. Autism code for "my undertale OC"
You had a dream where sans is gay? Thats an AU, post it on deviant art, there'll be a fan game within the week.

alternate universe
whut if Undertale... was in SPACE
whut if Sans... had PAPYRUS' PERSONALITY... and Toriel... was ASGORE...
whut if everyone... wanted to fuck each other real bad... and the Underground was a sex haven...
whut if everyone... was a bad guy... but flowey and chara... WERE GOOD...
etc.

>How did this shit evolve into anything more than a tiny amount of fanart?

Because there's nothing left to discuss about the game. All the Easter eggs have been found. All the Gaster stuff has been explained. All the jokes have been heard a million times.

So the fanbase has to invent new, shitty OC crap to try to keep it fresh rather than moving on to something else and enjoying the memory of a pretty fun game with some funny characters and a creepy side. They just can't let it go.

It is the second most overrated game of all time, behind Minecraft and only slightly less overrated than FNAF.

Fuck, this generation of video games and humans are terrible.

They won't let go because there's no other flavor of the months to hop onboard yet.
I mean, FNaF is still around but they refuse to go backwards even though that's still got fresh content coming.

ikr!!!!
kids these days don't appreciate REAL art like me
born in the wrong generation af!! xDD

Here's a helpful guide to the wonderful world of AUs

farsidejr.deviantart.com/journal/A-Guide-to-Undertale-AUs-582035769

Because it's overrated as fuck and not that good

>Led Zepplin
>Fucking QUEEN

W E W

>Help us
>I'd like to help you now

You have got to be fucking kidding me with this stupid image.

So it's just a bunch of shit fanfiction? Goddamn, I thought this was just an easy rpg with some goofy skeletons. How the fuck can that inspire this much crap?

>whut if Undertale... was in SPACE

Yeah. Hah. How lame. Losers..

Like the other user said, the fanbase is desperate to survive so they made AUs.

You take that back.

because its out of place and the endless shilling. it would go with Cred Forums and some boards that are more western cartoon driven even though the game is based on a style of jrpg mechanism and narattive

>draws anime woman
>calls it Undyne

>buck teeth
>smells like sushi
>awful personality
>likes moeshit
>violent hypocrite
>probably doesn't even have any orifices besides her garbage disposal of a mouth
She's shit, mate

id fug gote

It IS pretty lame.

How have they not gotten bored of it? I enjoyed the game a lot. I fucking love Papyrus. But once you finish the game and look up the Gaster subplot there's not really anything left to do with it. Hell I don't think I'll even replay it because the surprise factor will be totally gone which kills half the humor and appeal.

Shit taste
Dialogue is shit.
Sans is a terribly written archetype
The Meta I live anime characters suck
As does every ending except genocide

Anime is real.

>It sucks because it's shit
Alright.

I won't dispute your opinions, even though I disagree with them. If you don't like the game, that's fine.

Thats fine, im still self sufficient and selling cars is a blast

you sound like a furfag in my class

>other games have better writing

mothergoat makes me feels an insatiable primal urge to violently impregnate her, an unparalleled carnal desire to mash my groin into her until i starve to death

I know what you mean.

>Let's have an AU where all the character roles are reversed! Then we'll make it all about lazy Papyrus giving Sans the ecto-dick
Swaptale

>Wow, that "what if Asgore was evil" picture is really cool, let's make an AU! Instead of making it camp where monsters are a parody of cartoon villains, we'll make everyone super edgy. And more ecto-dickings!
Underfell

>Wow, we have two great AUs. Why not both at once?
Swapfell, and a ton of other AUs smashed together.

And then there's shit like the skeleverse that I don't even want to think about. The only good AU I can think of is Undernovella, and that's because nobody takes spanish soap operas seriously.

>Feel the same about edgegote
>Want to pin him down while he squirms and sodomize him
>He secretly loves it

nohomo

>undermob
>where everyone is an old style fedora gangster
who the fuck draws this shit

>no Death Grips
>no NMH
>no Outlaw Star
>no Dark Souls
>no Street Fighter
>no Platinum
>not all of Evangelion

>undermob
>not underfellas

Do you also believe that human women have a vagina on each leg?

>ywn smooch a fish

>not wanting to tightly hug him as he pins you down and pounds you
It's all good, edge gote canonically a switch

I strongly desire intercourse with the piscine woman.

Am I the only one tired of Undertale fans shoving this shit everywhere and Undertale haters pushing it everywhere by reminding everyone that it exists and its shit.

>hates Undertale
>posts in Undertale thread
???

Its just glorified fanfiction, better to ignore that anyways but people give it special attention since its undertale and wont stop looking at it to torture themselves. Its like reading sonic fanfictions, why would you do that

Let's talk about knives.

It's true that the haters perpetuate it even further.

Can't speak for all of Cred Forums, but I personally hate it because it's basically the Homestuck of video games.

And to clarify, I'm talking about both it's actual content (the writing, style, tone, quirks) AND the terrible people that enjoy it. I wasn't surprised in the slightest when I learned of the relationship between Tobyfox and Hussie and that my initial reaction was dead on.

>Hates Undertale.
>Has to see you fucks post 50 undertale threads discussing whether or not it's shit or good every single fucking day.
If I had a dollar for every Undertale thread, negative or positive, i'd be able to buy this fucking website.

imagine

But I don't. I have 30 hours on it.
>you in charge of not being btfo

The fans can suck my cock, though.

Cry more you little faggot, seeing a thread in the catalogue isnt hurting you. Especially as garbage as this board is now anyways

Because it's both good and SJW pandering.
and Cred Forums (most the most part) can't understand that.

>Cry more you little faggot

If I had a dollar for every "I WANT PRINCESS PEACH TO SHIT ON MY CHEST" thread

If I had a dollar for every thread

The fanbase can "ruin" these kind of games because they never shut the fuck up about em and dick ride them so hard.

Don't let the fan base ruin your experience. Just play and enjoy.

If I had a dollar

>Has a nice friendly moral and varied cast
>must be SJW

k

If I had a

Does any good ever come from paying even a little attention to any fanbase?

>furfag
>FNAF is overrated
Pick one.

D00d ebin

They're all pretty shit, but at least some of the autists can make good music
>Goat Mom is now loli
>Goat Mom is now gay fish

You can find chill people who like the game and are no where near hardcore into the game as them.

There are fans and fans that are in too deep.

>signing your pacha OC
oh dubya fags, everyone

>That Hitler quote

I'd live a happy life with her

As someone who loved Undertale, I do feel like Toby put like the bare minimum amount of effort into anything that wasn't the music. Imagine how much better it would have been if the graphics weren't so flat, and there was just more of the game in general. Maybe a few more areas. I dunno. I really loved the battle system but it's pretty easy other than the Sans fight. The only "fair" challenge is the Undyne genocide fight. Everything else is piss-easy or Sans hard. If only he finished hard mode...

Is the panel order inverted? who did this?

You do realize that all the Cred Forums shitposting about the game was done specifically with that target in mind, right?
So you would get sick of it and start to hate it, just like the people who already did and were shitposting about it.
I hope this isn't news to you.

From right to left.

I'll credit Undertale threads one thing though:

They mostly talk about the game/about it rather than mindlessly worshipping Samus which is basicaly every single Metroid thread

Yeah but why

It was released as a doujin.

what

I don't know what the other guy is talking about, it's not a Japanese doujin. Here:
g.e-hentai.org/g/967505/815d6e9927/

Don't listen to that other guy, I did it. I flipped the panels. It was me.
I did it for a reaction.

She's gay.

not anymore

No way, she's bisexual.
Right?

Nah, she's gay. Alphys is bisexual though, and she'd totally be down for a threesome.

I don't like the insinuation that genociding those freaks is a bad thing and leads to a bad end.

I liked it until it got popular and social outcasts started using it to meme and project their dogkin eldergender xismogirl bullshit onto it
>That one "humanized" Undertale Tumblr gender picture
>All the gay porn on paheal
>All the popular Youtubers dressing up as Undertale characters to discuss some deleted boss or create 50 videos discussing that deleted boss and all the SANS IS REALLY BAYONETTA BUT ON THE OMNIGENDER UNIVERSE AND XE DIED OH NO

That sort of crowd just makes me angry, the game is okay but not great.

>furfags have to like FNAF

From what I recall she's attracted to alphys' determination, not her gender. In which case she would be considered bisexual.

I hated it because I didn't give a shit about it and then everyone I knew was trying to shove it down my throat and basically force me to play it.

Then I played it and it was a pretty good game. People being so fucking loud about it is what made people hate it. The fanbase becoming as bad as the FNAF fanbase is another story.

She says the garbage dump is a great place to pick up girls, not people in general, and she imagines the personification of Death as a hot chick. I think it's pretty likely she's completely lesbian.

She has good taste in gender tbqh

um, she had a canon crush on Asgore

Agreed.

That's Alphys.

Because it was originally 'ours', after the demo launch, then went on to popular success. And neo-Cred Forums is nothing if not a pack of disgusting hipsters.

Because it is THE perfect example of a fanbase ruining something for others.
You faggots can't even use that as an argument anymore when undertale exists.
>You can't just say the fanbase made the game awful
Yes, yes I fucking can, like plenty of others here did when tumblr caught on and started making transgender fanart.

Every time you walk onto a new screen and there's a bridge or other narrow path, you aren't lined up. You have to move up or down to cross... that's just lazy design, IMHO.

Toby made a lazy game.

Autistic fanbase and people praise it for doing things that the shin megami series has been doing for a lot longer.
>Befriending enemies
>fighting your friends
>multiple endings based on different ideals
I mean it's definitely not a bad game and brought new things to the table (changes over different playthroughs, incorporating bullet hell with rpg etc.)
But I don't think it was that praise worthy
Also:
youtube.com/watch?v=Vb22li36dJg
(about 20 seconds into that)
youtube.com/watch?v=Hp2NO7hQxDI

and the general design of metaton neo and metatron from smt.

It is laughably sad that you can't enjoy something because people you don't like enjoy it.

It's nowhere near as good or revolutionary as fans claim it to be.
The graphics are pretty lazy for most part. Reflections in water were nice though.
Shitty puns.
Not really hard, nowhere nearby to actual bullet hells.
I also disliked narrative that tried to make me feel bad, whenever I did something that wasn't seen as good or intended action by creator.
Trying to make me feel bad about mosnters, which for most part deserved shit they got.
That's about it. Cherry on cake is pretty bad fanbase.
Overall I'd give it around 5-6/10.

>gameplay is just a smt, earthbound, nier hybrid

That sounds amazing and is one of the best reviews of Undertale I've ever read. Everyone should play it based on that alone.

Not him but
>want to discuss the game
>get transgender issues, along with other bullshit that really has nothing to do with the game pushed down your throat.
I mean he should definitely be able to enjoy the game, but I could see how that might hinder someone else's enjoyment and make them not want to discuss the game.

no one likes selling cars, autismo turbo

Because they're was legitimate discourse over Frisk being nonbinary or not

I never said I didn't enjoy it.
I actually like it because of how drastic the story & atmosphere get depending on how many enemies you kill.

The whole guilt tripping you for killing certain bosses is fucking stupid though.

Oh yeah and
>cant kill that scientific cunt

Are you discussing it with tumblrites or what?
They'll shove transgender issues into anything.

Those songs don't sound like each other at all though.

>I also disliked narrative that tried to make me feel bad, whenever I did something that wasn't seen as good or intended action by creator.

The game doesn't do this at all though. People only shit-talk you if you kill a fuck ton of enemies.

I haven't played it, but my guess is autistic fanbase.

I'm not discussing it with anyone user. I'm just saying that a bad fanbase can ruin discussion of a game, and undertale has a fairly shitty fanbase.

>The game doesn't do this at all though. People only shit-talk you if you kill a fuck ton of enemies.
From top of my head, I think there was something related to cookies if you took too many of them and killing some boss.
Oh and the LOVE itself was such thing to some degree. It was nice reveal but after first encounter with flowey I expected something along lines.

The music thing was more of a joke and coincidence, I really don't think any of the music is ripped off of shin megami, they're only vaguely similar.
I stand by the fact that undertale isn't as original as everyone praises it to be though

>cancerous fanbase
>LGBT
>mediocre, but people keep shilling this shit
>appeals to almost every fetish

>deciding how someone is going to spend their next $20-50k for them
>not fun
Nigga you gay

How's your autism user? You talking to those gay skeleton drawings again?

>>get transgender issues, along with other bullshit that really has nothing to do with the game pushed down your throat.
You do realize that those are just the Cred Forums trolls, not the actual fans of the game as the game has nothing to do with what you just mentioned.
How do you allow yourself to be manipulated that easily?

Oh boy, I can't wait to go on an adventure with an actual retard, his author-insert brother, a tsundere dyke fishlady and Otacon-who-hinders-you-instead-of-helping. They're all so endearing and their constant interruptions aren't annoying at all.

I can't wait to meet the king so the game can actually start though. These starting zones are a slog.

This image sums up my last few years here on 4chins.

We need to export more of these cunts to cripplechan.

you must make your manager really, really proud (and wealthy). good goyim!

I get 30% profit as commission so yes im ok selling someone elses car and making a lot of money even if they get rich too. I also get a guaranteed $200 even if we make no profit on a car deal. Its ok to be mad

I know next to nothing about the game, but the fanbase seems pretty obnoxious. Similar to the ponyfags they are. I remember back when this game first came out, people used to avatarfag here with characters from this game.

>there won't be another Undertail game for a long tem
soundcloud.com/dabunky/lose-your-hopes-and-dreams

I haven't touched it but I've seen people acting as if it was the first game where you can do a pacifist run. Plus the artstyle is ugly as sin.

Knights in the Nightmare.

You are baiting, right?

These concepts are insanely vague and done by so many people.

Both games had a 'spooky' fucked up face. CLEAR ripoff. It's not like melted faces are a common way to show corruption. Or that glowing eyes are a common way to show magic power.

Or cutesy animal characters, robots crashing through walls, and fucking GHOSTS are all common things in media. Fuck that, Cave Story did it all.

Fuck you people who scream PLAGIARISM at everything trigger my autism like no other. Every good idea has already been had, twice. Everything takes influence and "rips off" what came before it. It's just how shit works.

>What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Double fuck you for making me talk about Cave Story in a non-positive way.

Cave Story ripped off the Kool-Aid man

It came out right after MGS5 came out and MGSfags were trying their hardest to force memes and completely blew it out of the water and oversaturated the board. At some point I remember we had 15 undertale threads in the gist of OMG FLOWEY IS ASRIEL I WANT TO FUCK TORIEL. Then tumblr fucks and 12 year olds found it and it became the next fnaf of cringeworthy fanbase.

Also, Toby never delivered the hardmode despite teasing it, a pox on his soul.

>Then tumblr fucks and 12 year olds found it
>Then
This is what tumblrcancer believes.

>This is what newfriends actually think

user, I...

Oh ok

for a moment there I thought that I drew the thing backwards as if the entire thing wasn't already trying to be a doujin

>the only ending where she kills herself is also the one where you kill half the cast but leave Sans and Papyrus to be the SS officers of Herr Mettaton, literally robot hitler, literally making everyone's lives miserable

I'd say it was for kids to enjoy really, and then the grownups wanted to play it, and because Cred Forums hates anything a little different it decided to dislike it.

Cred Forums tends to be ashamed of enjoying anything.
The game is quite good, not the best.

>dadrock
>rock for degenerate faggots
accurate tbqh

IMO, the game is a pretty decent 6.5/10. But after finding out how Toby's motives and how he handled the game, I'd started to like the game less and less.

´Because they want to be the cool contrarian kid.

I watched a friend stream it once and he was having fun, laughing and whatnot. Then one week later he jumped into the hate bandwagon.

Is Toby a millionaire now? Can I make my own meme game and get lots of money too?

power of NEO is just a 30 second throwaway loop based on battle against a true hero
youtube.com/watch?v=aWBtpBwzzdM

Of course. Memes and tumblr pandering obviously works fantastic, but ultimately it boils down to one thing and one thing only: can you shill it far and wide? If yes, enjoy your free millions. If not, even if you made the best game on earth, you'd stay in the red.

nothing.I played the demo back then and he felt good. the fanbase looks like a parody of itself so it doesnt trigger me.

What do you mean his motives? He just wanted to make a game that he'd like.

I want to fuck that goat right in the throat

From what I've heard he's incredibly self-conscious from all the attention his game drew.
I know some people are suspicious of him or dislike him because he isn't grateful enough for his success.

It only triggers people now that it got popular. When the game first came out it was well received here, and we had many a thread dedicated to finding all the secrets.

>you will never read "It's me, Hitler." on stream for the first time again

History revisionism at its finest.

Well that's completely different from what it seemed like you were talking about.

But wouldn't you get stressed too if you released a game thinking it would just appeal to a niche, but instead it spread uncontrollably, to the point that people were so sick of hearing about it that they endlessly shat on your game and wanted you dead?

I'm not that other user

archived.moe/v/
It's not like this is some big conspiracy, you can look through the archives to see how much things changed.

Best game ever.

>huge 5 month gap in 2015 between early june and late october

Yeah no. Cute teen boys is where it's at.

>Because it's mopey weepy bullshit that plays the "I'm a defenseless thing and we should all hug" card like MLP.
???

MLP is nothing like that.

Where and how do I shill user?
I want to be rich for making a minimal effort 2 hour long game with bad art in game maker.

Updated per your helpful recommendations

Only posting in yet another gay Undertale thread to help move it just a little bit quicker to its 500-reply limit.

You are what's wrong with Cred Forums, bumping these fucking threads.