Both these series have something in common, can you guess what it is?

Both these series have something in common, can you guess what it is?

retarded fanbases

They came from Japan.

dumb "the world was destroyed but somehow we are alive" endings?

Some sort of coming of age type of meme going on

mommy issues?

They both are massively overrated but really are very good.

Enjoyable series?

They're both weeaboo dogshit

>Evangelion
>Enjoyable
Pick one

Autistic as fuck fanbases who hold them as the best of their genre when they're merely decent?

Well, I guess good series is probably a better phrase.

better than the pandering shit fest the industry is currently running with

>NGE
>good
>babby's first biblical allegory

Sequels that didn't need to be made?

>tfw huge fan of both

They're both pretentious and artsy in their own way, but that's why I like them

They character designer for Evangelion, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, is a big fan of Keiichi Suzuki, the music composer for Mother 1 and 2.

Pic related is the cover of an anthology album for Moonriders (Suzuki's band), made by Sadamoto.

Do I win, OP?

How can anyone be a fan of eva? Its so shallow, stupid, boring, horribly paced, the list goes on.

I sat through every episode and the first movie. Its all fucking horrible. I understood what it was trying to conveny very easily, as anyone with a quarter of a brain could. Its just so fucking bad..

No ome has ever made a convincing argument as to why its good either, any time I bring up my dislike of it. Im not being stalwart either, Ill listen. But I just cant believe someone would like it..

something something autist weeb something something

-tips fedora-

Aliens.

>biblical shit in Eva
>not just decorum
The creator even admitted it himself

neat

le 90's kids core

You're gonna need a bigger bait.

>babby's first biblical allegory
And this is how you spot someone who never even watched the bloody show. Here is a pro-tip:
Evangelion has no Biblical allegories at all.

20 years old yet people can't stop talking about them

yeah yeah go watch ideon and K-On faggot

>Decorum
That word doesn't mean what you think it does.

They're overrated and spawn too many mimics.

Objectively speaking Evangelion is well made. As in, production-values and all that is top tier for TV series standards in 1995. The End of Evangelion is also very high quality as far as animated films go.
The subject of the story, the characters, etc is entirely subjective, and I think you're in your own right to not like it, no matter what others say.

If I recall weren't angels and lilith the same species as humans but just different forms

I thought so, it does in my native language though

Adam and Lilith are both alien "Seeds of Life".
Angels are Adam's offspring and humans are Lilith's offspring. Technically humans are aliens as well.

>it's terrible, but I watched all of it!
The stupidest argument I ever see here

Nope. Lilith was the human progenitor, but Adam and Angels were an entirely different line of life-forms. Ironically enough, it was Adam and Angels that were supposed to be the home life-form for earth. It was Lilith that ended up on Erth by accident.

We are the Aliens on Earth in Evangelion.

ambiguous backstories?

>creator gets called out on his surface deep garbage
>i-it's just decorum, the show is really only about the surface deep psychological character analysis and lame fanservice

Ok.

>muh defense mechanism

They're all shit?

japanese

In English it would be "Decoration".
English Decorum is a calm sense of order, like in court.

Well...I cant disagree with that

Both are pure shit with retarded and autistic fanbase.

I watched all of it in the vain hope it would become good at some point, because everyone says how good it is. The moment never came. And I wanted to stick with it the entire way because of all the praise it gets; but unfortunately, I was rused into watching a horrific show.

See what I mean? No argument. Just memes and no real comeback.

The mech based parts were well animated, and some other sequences. But the show had literal minute long scenes where absolutely NOTHING happens. Literally, nothing. No one speaks, movies, or does anything. A static image. I know the budget was harshly slashed, but like.. come on man, you don't need minute long scenes where NOTHING happens. If you wanted to save money, cut down the shitty ass episodes into actually watchable ones. It had what, 26 eps? Why not cut out all the bullshit and bring it down to 16 or so. Or even 20.

I hate this game/series because I've seen some retarded fans being vocal on the internet: the thread

>muh defense mechanism
It's a simple fact.
You are clearly talking about something you have not watched, because you are making FACTUALLY WRONG statements about it's content.

I never actually stated if I like Evangelion or not. It does not matter, the quality of the show is not actually even a subject of debate anymore: It's you and trying to pass your judgement on something that you have no qualification to talk about in the first place.

You are a cunt. Even if we somehow all agree that Evangelion is a giant load of pretentious bullshit YOU ARE STILL A FUCKING PATHETIC CUNT shitting on things you don't know anything about solely in order to look cool and fit in with the gang. Which is pathetic, no matter how you look at it.

you hate them because they're popular

What if I like Eva and K-On?

Don't play semantics nigger, you know what he meant. The story is about mecha fights and traumatized teenagers trying to overcome social anxiety. The Christian imagery and Hebrew names are just background noise, because Japanese viewers think it's cool and exotic.

Talking about the religious shit in Eva is missing the forest for the trees.

>But the show had literal minute long scenes where absolutely NOTHING happens. Literally, nothing.

You're talking about very short sequences that only happen a few times during the series. With the exception of eps 25 and 26 which are mostly made by still pics (still we got some nice bits of animation like webbm related).
But even if some scenes were more statics than others, the action scenes were REALLY good, and overall the quality was stable. People just bitch too much about the 2 scenes with 1 minute of silence. Obviously they remember those parts because they stuck out, but most of the show is well animated or at least decently animated, reaching real peaks of TV animation in episodes like 18 and 19.

It's hard to ditch Evangelion as shit as far as production goes. It is well made.
You can come up with your own criticism on Evangelion about the characters and story if you want, Evangelion is meant to be both loved and hated. In fact, I was always surprised it became so popular. It's the kind of work that usually stays as an obscure cult thing, but Evangelion broke that barrier.

Mother doesn't even come close in terms of popularity.

>I know the budget was harshly slashed, but like.. come on man, you don't need minute long scenes where NOTHING happens.
They literally did. They essentially did this to double up the budget of faster paced scenes.

>If you wanted to save money, cut down the shitty ass episodes into actually watchable ones. It had what, 26 eps? Why not cut out all the bullshit and bring it down to 16 or so. Or even 20.
You seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Yes, instead of having a few slow scenes and two incomplete episodes at the end, they'll just rewrite the scripts mid-production, call up the network, and say "HEEEEY, you paid us for 26 episodes, but we're only gonna do 20."

I'm sure that will go over just fine.

>No argument.
Well, you can't really expect any arguments when you have not made any arguments yourself so far. What you did is threw a tantrum screaming "it's SHIIIIIIT!" and complain about the fact that it has a slow pace, which is quite a deliberate decision to set up mood. I don't want to even think of what you would think if you ever had to watch, say, Tarkovski movie...

As for why the show is praised: it's mostly because it features some of the most well developed and psychologically rich characters ever featured in an anime, the wilingness to address serious subject matter of psychological disorders and damage in a show for an age bracket and audience that usually does not have the guts to address subject matter like that, and for the way it manages to weave the psychological aspect of the story into the overal mythos of the world.

Aside from that, it features a pretty rich world with some uniquelly good post-apocalyptic background, great art direction, some quite amazing work with music, pacing and dramaturgy, pretty tense action sequences and some pretty clever use of psychedelic and symbolic passages to convey key aspect of the characters psychological development.

It has many, many flaws too, but it's a pretty damn bold project and a lot of thought and care went into it. It became instantly very relatable and incredibly memorable, which is why it's popular in the first place.

Except I have watched it.

Your sad defense mechanism is as limp wristed as Fuyutsuki.

Now please reply again, as I'm enjoying your tantrum.

You're more upset about this than the guy I corrected.

I never said shit about the series, just that decorum =/= decoration.

Seriously, chill the FUCK out, nigga.

>Except I have watched it.
If you have watched it and still did not realize there are no biblical allegories, then you are actually severally mentally deranged, blind, or don't know what an "allegory" is.

Care to actually provide a single example of biblical allegory in the story of Evangelion for us?

i love both

Sure is a lot of video games in here.

Both are intended for a young audience and do a good job of exposing spooky shit to young minds which is a part of healthy brain development.

no part 3?

They all fapped to their moms?