starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoelace
youtu.be/AtXI2as8QVA?t=43s
youtube.com/watch?v=TNmRL3idKKw
drmcninja.com/archives/comic/4p15/
youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU
youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_stick#History
reddit.com/user/pannenkoek2012/
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4p5z4b/which_video_game_sound_effect_is_instantly/d4j4nht
reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4abba1/rip/d0zbbf9
youtube.com/watch?v=_Qyr01cOFfk
youtube.com/watch?v=52inejFl3xo
youtube.com/watch?v=Lamd-d-Ayqk
youtube.com/watch?v=RpaaPhLaSiQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is Super Mario 64 a video game anymore?

>blink for a few frames just as Mario is done building up speed for 12 hours
>miss him travelling to parallel universes
This is no laughing matter.

>YFW this is the key to cause a buffer overflow that will make him able to teloprt over the impossible goomba and kill him in one frame

nintendrones are subhuman fucking scum that need to be purged

Jokes aside, this is genuinely the kind of thing someone with autism would make and devote an unholy amount of time to

How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way

This sounds like a stupid thing to research, but then you realize that there was probably one guy who dedicated months to add blinking to the game and this lets us appreciate his work.

Someone give this Nobel Peace Prize. His research is revolutionary to us all.

Is this the same nigger from a couple months ago that was traveling through dimensions to bounce off a hovering Scuttlebug?

I hope in the future there'll be a mechanical augmentations that'll let us simulate this behaviour.
Like, you type a subject matter, put a timer like two hours, and for the next two hours you'll be autistically dedicated to the subject you entered, like learning japanese, studying how to suck cock optimally or investigating the emails of secretary Clinton.

It would revolutionise research.

>but then you realize that there was probably one guy who dedicated months to add blinking to the game and this lets us appreciate his work.

Do normies actually believe this shit? If it took someone months to add something stupid like blinking to the game a games development time would be way longer than it is. It probably took the programmer an hour.

We can pretty much do that now with drugs.

Yeah but i don't want to turn my brain into mush and to last until such techs become available.

Isn't the fact that someone programmed all these different states for blinking rather than just one or two infinitely more autistic than the video?

this exists with drugs with minimal short term and no long term side effects. simple cocaine or amphetamines will give you essentially the results you're after, with moderate long-term cardiac and possibility for brain damage and severe likelihood of addiction. that's literally century-old state of the art, though, and modern 'smart drugs' are scary effective with not even unpleasant come-down.

there's a reason the state makes war on them.

Bob-ombs apparently can apparently make RNG advance a shitton with their blinking system, so this doesn't seem entirely insignificant.

Pannenkoek has knows so much about Mario64, he's bound to move on to the more boring stuff eventually.

So what you're saying is that Mario can do a half blink? A 0.5 state?

I'd like to see him take on another game

He could team up with Stryder and destroy Paper Mario.

The devs dont care for this shit. They put the game together using engines and basic tools provided with those engines(or made for those engines.) This guy is just taking it apart and looking at numbers that the devs didn't even look at when programming the game.

It sure is interesting, but I'm not really sure where that stuff will go. Theres literally nothing to gain from this knowledge.

Imagine you're baking a cake, and then some guy comes along saying stuff about how the glaze is dripping down the side of the cake with whatever seconds per minute. This is what this guy is doing.

No that other guy is right. It's not like cooking, someone actually typed out the rate at which those 8 or so characters blinked. No one chose the rate at which the glaze dripped in a cake.

He might have only spent a minute on it but still.

The bob-ombs are calling RNG a lot with their blinking fonction.
This is usable and abusable for TAS, which is his gig.

>The devs dont care for this shit
obviously they do, otherwise it wouldn't be in the game you fucking retard

do you think game engines come prepackaged with code for fucking blinking?

>Click link
>Immediately hit with file select music
Is there a greater feeling?

Yea sure someone typed that in. But what they did, was type in a number, check the (live)preview, see how it works and call it a day. Peach's blink being Mario's blink with a modifier shows how little thought went into it.

Thats what I meant, looking at the different "systems" in blinking and other stuff in the game, might be interesting. But dont think that its something in which actually went any thought into during development.

An eye blink is an eye blink, you can't say it's only half.

>Mario 64 the fucking pioneer of 3D platforming
>Using a pre-made engine
Fuck you and everything you stand for.
And you fucking had to fucking say that shit when I was out of convenient ways to kill myself.

I bet peach and mario's blinking rate were the same until in someone in a meeting mentioned it looked bad.

>food analogy

Pretty sure this guy knows more than the developers of super Mario

>food analogy

>he thinks drugs turn his brain into mush
hello D.A.R.E.

>Bowser can blink while the game is paused

Dear god.

What software is he using to make the charts and/or video animations? Anyone know?

>Mario and peach have synchronisticly opposite blinking times

Mario games truly have the deepest Lore.

>penguin's do too
jesus christ how horrifiable
youtu.be/yvxdLH1ejaA?t=302

its starting to display signs of a religion at this point

thats like 255deep65536u

>he thinks drugs dont adversely effect the brain

Worryingintensefies.tiff

a blink is a blink. You can't say its only half

>Being french
Is this what true autism looks like?

As long as he isn't Quebecois there isn't any need to kill him.

I feel like he did it just for fun, it'd take minimal effort and he just tried out different methods to see which would work the best and probably took these few out of an even bigger pile because why not

He's french?
One more reason to worship this guy

>inb4 pancake uses blinking to travel to PU'S and teleport

I'm guessing a mix of Photoshop and Premiere.

In moderation most drugs don't have any long-term effects.

You've been brainwashed by Reagan. The surgeon general of the U.S. recently admitted that prescription opiates are the gateway to heroin, not pot.

So are you against all drugs? He basically admitted that prescription drugs are more dangerous than an illegal drug, what gives?

There was no such thing as "an already done" engine for the Mario 64 specifically.
It IS based on the star fox 2 engine as the games use the same structure and probably the same tools for 3D models, but its so much new shit, they basically did the whole thing from scratch.

>Mario's and Peach's blinking are intertwined
DEEPEST
LORE

""""""""""""""""""""henry""""""""""""""""""""poster leave

Pot is a gateway drug because it's baby's first drug. A kid will smoke pot and then potentially get curious. Not because you feel nothing and need more powerful stuff.

Yes, he's also banned from speed running

Half a blink is 1 blink confirmed

We're not just talking about any game you sperg. We're talking about Mario 64.

If you weren't just a poser, and had any clue about video games, you would be aware that Mario 64 was a landmark 3D title. I personally don;t care for the game, or the N64, but the sheer volume of now industry standard methods and techniques that the M64 team effectively invent/developed or implemented for the first time has left its mark on the whole industry top to bottom, for better or worse.

Shit is like the Apple I of 3D video games.

>Guy spent a week+ studying and making graphics and shit about blinking in Mario 64
Why

Nah, I think he meant OP cause the screenshot has youtube in French. Pretty sure Pannenkoek isn't french

I was thinking this guy must fucking crush school.

I wish I had this much autism sometimes.

I disagree. People who try pot already have a disposition towards trying drugs. They dont try new drugs because of pot, its just a starting point.

I love this one, here, have a counterargument.

So you're saying the reason that the kid believes drugs aren't so bad after he tries pot is because pot is illegal, he realizes that illegal drugs aren't that bad and everyone is lying to him and so he goes off to try other illicit substances, right?

What if we made "real" drugs illegal and the relatively harmless stuff legal? Where would the kid find his Oxycodone? He couldn't get it at the store where he buys his pot, that's for sure, he has to find a dealer. In the current system, if he smokes pot he already knows a dealer. Making it illegal actually makes it easier for these people to get the harder stuff. It doesn't make you want to try other stuff, the realization that you've been lied to about something fun and harmless your entire life does.

I'll present you with another scenario, fast food is remarkably unhealthy. Personally, I'd say it's more unhealthy than pot, but people still feed it to their kids. Fast food is a gateway to obesity, that's a well documented fact. BAN CHEESEBURGERS NOW!!!!!!!

Sure thing """Henry"""

Real autism don't really make you any smarter it seems. Not all tasks can be realistically achieved by throwing time at it.
I don't think he has autism either.

>Learn percentages and other math with Pannenkeok through SM64!

I wish my school taught math like this when I was there. : (

>goombas blink their pupils

>weeb
>also bratposter

This is your hero, Cred Forums

>It's just a starting point

Yes, a 'gateway' drug. Something that starts them off.

>Illegal

Who are you quoting? Go off on a tirade somewhere else you faggot fuck.

Why because hes to good?

Way to completely miss the point dipshit.

Also, every study that has ever been done on this "gateway" concept shows it as completely false.

It's a myth. Period.

I was going to try to explain it to you with the reasoning behind it, but I guess I'll just have to outright tell you because you're incapable of reading.

Isn't anime alright though?

Did you think about what you just said?
Prescription drugs often ARE dangerous thats why you need a fucking prescription. You are only allowed to take them if a licensed professional has said you need them.
Medicinal marijuana should be available under the same restrictions and for the same good reasons other potentially dangerous but useful drugs are.

Hmm... Really makes you blink...

You need to go back.

How come?

>It's a myth

Fucking wrong. I just explained to you the concept of a gateway drug. I specifically explained why it's not the bullshit you're trying to strawman. Kill yourself.

>pause game
>bowser still blinks

>banned from speed running
You mean the TAS competition right?
He wasn't taking it seriously at all, apparently because of a bad start and some friction with the organizers.

>Unironically using the word normies

>You are only allowed to take them if a licensed professional has said you need them.
in a perfect world this would work just fine, but in the U.S. doctors hand out pain pills like candy.

Let me ask you a question, where do you think most heroin addicts start their addiction? I'll tell you, over 95% of them start with completely legal perscription medication given to them by a doctor. Doctors aren't perfect, they get people addicted to every kind of drug they can because they'll get kickbacks from the companies.

My nigger please do some research for yourself.
literally google "gateway myth" and do some reading.

You're clearly too dead set in your opinion for me to convince you otherwise, but I'd urge you to try reading some peer-reviewed scientific studies on the subject.

I think it's that he got banned from some TAS competitions cause his entries were just him fucking around, can't find the vid myself, actually it might be in the other thread

>Even being aware of his reddit posting.

Got you covered.
youtube.com/watch?v=5XhmvYAm5lU

>He makes a point and then tells me to do his research for him

Either you're a 15 year old trying to defend pot against a boogeyman or you're a retard, I've seen this mindset plenty before in real life. Either way, you're wrong and should end your pathetic life because you're incapable of reading why it's considered a gateway drug.

nigga please

I've seen the research, I'm paraphrasing it to you and you're crying "NO IT CAN'T BE BECAUSE I SAID SO YOU'RE LYING NO"

Just look it up, most kids don't start with weed, they start with cigarettes and alcohol, both of those are more of a "gateway" drug than pot.

>I have interests outside of SM64 too!
Bullshit.

i will never think about blinking the same way again

>Over 95%
>Do some research

Good job at pulling numbers out of your ass AND making yourself look like a fucking idiot

Wait can you blink while paused IRL

>I've seen the research
>Hasn't posted a single thing to back up his "government funded research"

You must have failed a lot of your exams last year, didn't you kiddo?

only while sleeping for 12 hours

>there was never an 3D game before M64

oh common

Sorry, "A large percentage" work better for you?

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1360-0443.2002.00280.x/full
"even though marijuana use has no causal influence over hard drug initiation in the model."

jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=195817&resultclick=1
"Regular sequences and stages of progression in which the use of alcohol and cigarettes precedes the use of marijuana (cannabis)"

I don't really feel like getting more but you should get the idea

I don't think it's a blanket ban, just that one competition as he was using stuff that was technically outside the ruleset (or they made it outside the ruleset? I didn't follow the drama)

They wrote the whole 3D engine and physics engine from scrap, because you know, new system, 3D acrobatic platformers werent a thing etc etc etc..

he wanted to use HOLP technology in his run and they changed the rules to make it not allowed when he was most of the way done with his run

he just made a joke of the entire thing because he didn't have time to make a new run

Mario 64 is using the it's own engine, which was made for the game as it was developed, as with most nintendo games that aren't sequels.
Where the fuck do you think they're going to dig up a pre-made engine for 3D games that they would want to use before the N64's release?

Not exactly.
They changed the rules while he was already pretty far into planning his route because some guy asked more info about HOLP, making them realise they didn't want it allowed. Since his route was already far into planning and that he liked the idea of using HOLP, he did, and just had gave up on the competition.
The organizers are super passive agressive about it though, bordering on legit angry at times.

You know I have to say I honestly can't help but admire this guy. Being so dedicated as to find shit like this is insane. Has he ever stated why mario 64? Is it his favorite or is it nostalgic or something?

i never would've thought that that shit is that interesting

Nice memespouting, you stupid faggot!

>reddit poster
>le weebs xdd xd

Kill yourself.

>one man with legitimate autism
>FUCKING NINTENDRONES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
purge yourself for getting so triggered.
The likelyhood of this guy playing anything past gamecube is extremely slim

I feel like this guy would make a great academic. He's probably written enough for a thesis on this nonsense.

as people have been discussing above, because it has its own engine with all its interesting properties and it's interesting from a coding standpoint to see how you could potentially exploit the engine to glitch the game.

>Enter Cool, Cool Mountain. Collect at least 4 red coins, then obtain the star "Wallkicks Will Work".
>He enters the stage, gets out, and then collect unrelated red coins in other stage.

Fukken genius.

0-blink run when?

>Mario blink animation timer is equal to 64k

Those sneaky little fucks at Nintendo.

I wish I had this trait.

>Enter the stage and get mario into his swimming animation without pressing the a button
>Takes the longest possible route AND crawls
mfw

>Imagine you're baking a cake, and then some guy comes along saying stuff about how the glaze is dripping down the side of the cake with whatever seconds per minute. This is what this guy is doing.
Putting aside the fact that you used a food analogy which already makes your argument fucking retarded, it's not even close to being right
It's like a guy took a cake that was made 20 years ago, a cake that the original baker has basically forgotten, and broke it down to the molecular level and analyzed every aspect of it extensively, from the freshness of the eggs used for the batter to the crystalline structure of the sugar used for the icing. All the while, the baker is aged +60 and trying to convince people his cakes are still as good as they were 20 years ago.
NOW that we have something resembling a proper analogy, don't that just sound fucking retarded?
Stop using food analogies you utter mongoloid.

Are you actually retarded or is this bait?

I've got ADD that theoretically could give me this trait, but all I have is fucking hypoactivity.
Fuck my life I guess.

All jokes aside, a lot of academia consists of over analyzing subjects and systems to the point of ridiculousness. There are professors who spend their entire careers researching a single protein or bacteria. This guy is doing the same thing in a much less valuable way.

I have that too supposedly, I think it's some bullshit.

its only autism if you arent into game development

>Theres literally nothing to gain from this knowledge.
fucking stop with this shitty argument already for fucks sake, no one here fucking cares if we are doing something with our time because if we would, we wouldn't be here fucking around and reading stuff that retards like you sperg out.

>those bob-oms in the end
This guy is a fucking genius

this tb h
food analogies being bad isn't a meme. it just makes you look like a knuckle dragging braindead.
>but it's okay if it gets the point out
but the problem is that it actually didn't.

You know literally nothing about how it was programmed or what the devs think. Fuck off and gas yourself.

>put together using engines and basic tools
Are you a fucking downie? They made the fucking engine along with this game, there were no pre-made 3d engines yet you actual fucking drooling retard.

>There's nothing to gain from this knowledge
Ever heard of TAS you fucking mongoloid. It's people like you who ruin this board. Neo-Cred Forums needs to fucking die

I dunno about you man, but I literally can't do anything. I find myself in most discussions just thinking too long and missing the cue. I take a shitlong time to take any decision. Everything is too difficult and too tiring and too bothersome. Even video games I don't play that much for long periods of times outside of some nintendo stuff.
I've recently come to terms with being mentally handicapped. I really can't manage to do much without reaching my limits, and trust me I've tried for years.

Only alcohol helps, but I try not to drink alone because I'd be utterly fucked if I start doing that again.

>Enter Bowser in the Dark World from the ending pipe by dying in the first Bowser fight. Inside Bowser in the Dark World, kill 5 goombas and collect 5 1-ups, then collect the metal cap
>explicitly stating Inside Bowser in the Dark World

Jesus Christ user.

Seek help, if too poor for help, seek buddha.

You forgot

>dies for no reason, gets a game over, deletes the save file, loads a different file, collects the fourth red coin (which was also the first red coin) and just glitches through the ground

>50 minutes later
Perfect.

I see professionals already but they're not super helpful. I even have handicap money rolling in.
It's also pretty hard to go to my appointments, I manage more often than not but it makes some of them lose patience a bit and it's kind of awkward to go back afterwards.
Sorry, I'll stop talking about non-vidya shit.

He's a college professor you dumb fucking nigger.

You obviously don't program if you think it takes only an hour to implement a feature in a game

>Mario 64
>made with a pre-made engine
>where blinking mechanics is a basic tool
Your underage is showing.

>it makes some of them lose patience
Then they are actually shit and you shouldn't be taking advice from these retards.

Meditate, I'm not joking.
amaravati.org/audio-and-books/

Does any one else find it immensely unsettling that old games like that are still being data-mined and having new things found out about them? Like really, I don't like it.

>food analogy

IMAGINE BEING SO FAT YOU LOOK AT COMPUTERS AND SEE FOOD

He's Dutch, pannenkoek means button in Dutch I believe.

Nope. Punchout still has things undiscovered according to its creator.

Does Cred Forums really not get why food is the go to analogy for commercial products?

I didn't realize Mario blinked so frequently honestly.

'for all of these creatures, animate the eyes to blink when some counter reaches 0. if it does, reset the counter to some random number.'
yes this took months i am certain of it.

oh did you read that on fourchan slash v as well
i read that hes an american student in college
and that hes a dutch professor
and that hes an autistic savant
whats your source, mister 'throwing around big naughty words like dumb fucking nigger'

It's fucking blinking. Even back in the days when devs primarily used assembly language and middleware didn't exist to the scale it does today, it would not take a competent programmer any longer than an hour to add a fucking blink into a game. Nowadays, you could probably add a rudimentary blinking cycle in no less than five minutes.

>that music

>all that he's talking about is blinking
>that chart that comes out showing which blink and which don't

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

I'm impressed less and less with pannencucks videos. At the beginning I thought he should use his talent for rocket science or some other productive shit but now after learning programming for half a year I realize his knowledge is pure unproductive autism with knowledge you already surpass after a single month of learning programming.

I wanna see this somehow help them discover a huge exploit, some frame-perfect blink-manipulation BS that causes an upwarp

Hey wait is that the secret to the TTC upwarp?

Just entered this thread just to find the most retarded reply and give it a (You)

You could have known that from the start by simply not being an absolute idiot.
He's just a TAS runner documenting his find for the folks that don't do TASes with videos that are pleasing enough to watch that he's gaining a big following, he ain't some kind of genius.

>all this attention around 64 and none to the shitty DS port

They patched out the fun stuff and made the controls shit

Oh but the game looks nicer and has more content so it's the superior version, riiiiiiiiight?

>absolute idiot
Come on, you're always overwhelmed and easily impressed of things you have no knowledge of.

My whole life I was impressed by wood working till I have gone trough a 2 week course. Wood working is easy as fuck.

I really can't think of many games that came out before Mario 64 that were true 3D, i.e. with 3D polygonal models. Star Fox comes to mind.

There were plenty of games that were 3D in the sense that you could move in a three dimensional space, but most of those used sprite based graphics rather than polygons.

64 really was groundbreaking and pretending that it wasn't just shows what an ignorant retard you are.

Sorry for the harsh words man, I wasn't really thinking it I just wrote them as the flow came, not thinking of how it may have hurt you.
Again, sorry.
Hope you can find it in yourself to ever forgive me.

It's a reverse engineering exercise, not a game, user.

I'm ok.

Im not reading that

a blink is a blink, you can't say it's only half

I think an overlooked aspect of Mario 64 is the invention of the analog stick
360-degree movement and the ability to slow down/speed up without a run button are only really possible with an analog controller, and it's why most N64 3D platformers were better than early PS1 3D platformers. At this point analog sticks are the standard for 3D movement and when you deviate from that it seems like you're going backwards.

If it wasn't for the shit controls, I would fucking love Mario 64DS. Four playable characters? New levels? Fucking touch screen bullshit had to ruin everything.

This
SM64DS would be the best 3D Mario of all time if it had good controls

Yeah, that's a very good point.

He also knows who best girl is

>"Marios health starts at 8, and when it reaches he dies, right?"
>"Actually its more complicated than that..."
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=XeGNpeFOOCY

>This guy is just taking it apart and looking at numbers that the devs didn't even look at when programming the game
You're a fucking retard mate. Engines don't just "create" functions for shit like blinking out of thin air. They're specifically programmed by the devs and the video proves that there are several in place for different entities.

Really that sums up most of pannen's shit to me
>Hey so here is X normal thing that's in a lot of games
>Here's how Mario 64 actually handled that
>Now let's watch a fish travel across dimensions

Yeah like on pc where you only have shit digital keys for movement.

It's a story, Mario struggles through the desert over a long time abs eventually finds his oasis

Yes exactly, that's why I use controllers for anything in a 3D space

Jeez guys, I come back and apparently a bunch of people are angry I said months. I was just exaggerating.

In reality it would definitely take more than an hour though, since the eyes would have to be drawn and then properly placed on the models. The fact that all the blinking animations have different timers probably meant some guy stared at the blinking animations to see if it "Looked right" and then kept changing it until it looked good too.

how many "a" presses?

fuck off """""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""""""""""

has anyone ever been so BTFO

>Blocks screen so you can't see the task being completed

absolute madman

It's likely the designers got told by the higher ups to design a blinking animation. They did so and then the programmers implemented the logic to display the blink animation every certain interval.

Probably took the devs like 5 minutes.

Goombas don't have eye lids apparently

>Mario can survive while on fire for 27 days

>yfw ending graphs included half blinks as both .5 and 1 to get Henry's to fuck off

I don't blame you. PC has better aiming but worse everything else when it comes to controls. I'm kind of surprised they haven't released a keyboard with the wasd keys being pressure sensitive. Maybe through how far down the key travels.

>Taskmasters got so frazzled by task 2 that they had to specify he had to do the task in Bowser in the Dark World so he wouldn't fuck around again

Why does this autist not speak anymore?

He only speaks when there's something important to say. You could learn from him.

If that was the reason there would be no videos at all where he speaks.

Sonyggers, everyone

So, anyone has posted that timeline chart the Japs made for this game?

Yes, it's actually that complicated.

Fun fact, the water tunnel you go through before reviving the Almighty is the same both in the past and the present. If you've opened the chests in the present, the chests would've already been opened in the past.

Guess they're getting lazy.

what are either of you talking about

There's a little difference though. Near the end, you can find ghosts on the past version.

man fuck you OP I think his videos are interesting

...Oh shit, wrong thread.

>ctrl+f
>autis
>13 matches

>redditor
>weeb
>maximum autism

He is literally our goy,

Make that 14 matches.

registering for reddit doesn't even require an email, give proof or fuck off

They set the rules of the run
He broke the rules
They banned him
Not hard really. It was probably the best thing for him since he wouldn't have focused so much on this other minutia otherwise. Look at his older videos from before he got banned, no views and very boring. After he got banned, better videos, better explanations, more minutia so people can laugh at his autism.

There was better 3d before Mario came around. The big thing it brought was analogue and a game that needed it, not 3d.

How does that get you banned from all speed running? They could have just disqualified that particular run...

What the fuck at those bombs at the end

>I really can't think of many games that came out before Mario 64 that were true 3D, i.e. with 3D polygonal models.
>Star Fox comes to mind.

I share a board with these people.

>people in this thread are actually defending these vids now
I miss the time where we would just laugh at this stuff but now it really do seem like you people are genuinely interested in this guy revers engineering this game to an autistic extend

15 matches.

Stop being autistic user

You're the one who can't stop saying the same word over and over again. If you want to virtue signal, head over to tumblr.

So when is pancake going to open the portal connecting the real world and video games?

>nintendrones getting this assblasted
not even him, but kys

>the pause screen freezes time but some people in the world aren't fully frozen and have to experience a limbo state where they can't move but are still conscious

literally day 1 was nothing but interest newfag

t. henry

That is oddly unsettling.

somebody has to have made one with the "since we're already dead, nothing special happens"

No it wasn't faggot it was people not believing somone would actually make a video about half A presses and Henry posting.
Stay deluded

fuck off contrarian revisionist

>How does that get you banned from all speed running?
It doesn't, it's just Cred Forums simplifying and exaggerating shit they heard in the previous thread

He already knows one way to do it, but he's looking for a more efficient way than jumping in his seat for 250 years straight.

even first person shooters?

>people think that autism means you're automatically a patience savant who can do crazy shit like pannenkoek

Should have never posted that Watch for Rolling Rocks video on here.

>jumping actually reduces burning
>...except if you happen to manage frame perfect jumps, in which case you can burn indefinitely.

These mechanics are something else.

Poor guy can't defeat the Fire Sea Pole. Let him have this, man.

Eyes partially closed no a press run when?

Never, because Mario's blinking cannot be manipulated unless he falls asleep

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shoelace

What???
Source?

i'm sure it's some kind of school project.

What exactly is the 12 hours meme? I haven't played Mario 64 in years but I'm pretty sure he has a top speed thats met in a couple seconds or so

I guess my adderall is going to get me into meth

unbounded backwards speed I believe

There is a trick to reach a certain area by walking backwards to wall for 12 real-time hours.
The guy is fully autistic, i wonder what the original devs will feel at this guy

who's the pannenkoek of ocarina of time?

>Punch Out

Like what?

Mike Tysons hidden special attack is that he starts biting someones ear

>this is all nintoddlers gotta look for
lmaoing ultra hard lol

>Peach and Mario's blinking is in sync, how romantic!

Oh god the autism I can't take it!

tfw your professor isnt pannenkoek2012

This guy really is legitimately autistic. Not some meme "he's autistic kek". This shit is real, 100% organic, premium autism.

you do know he doesn't actually wait 12 hours and just uses an emulator to speed things up right?

you must realize that he didn't actually wait 12 hours, right?

you realize the reason it's 12 hours is because he needs that much speed to get up to the star without gaining any more speed throughout the level?

28 years after the game came out, the creator said there were things that people hadn't found out yet, to prove it he showed a secret that nobody else knew: a camera shot is the prompt to press the punch button during Bald Bull's OHKO rush.

I don't think you even know what autism means.

I bet if Cred Forums hadn't started using that word for everything you wouldn't even use it yourself.

I think he means that the developers didn't care whether or not the blinking is affected by cpu cycles, load breaks, or tilting the cartridge. Developers spent less time to get more done. Not that this isn't an interesting breakdown, but developers do not consider half of this inane shit when they're creating the code.

>i.e. with 3D polygonal models. Star Fox comes to mind.
fucking i, robot in 1983 did that. fuck's sake. it's video game board but nobody knows shit about videogame history.

anyone ever see Mario 64 in M.U.G.E.N.?

He was broken as fuck, literally could shit on anyone

youtu.be/AtXI2as8QVA?t=43s

>mfw it foreshadowed his true power

he's nearly able to beat the game without pressing down the A button in nearly every level for every star. yes, it's a self imposed goal, but that's at least something he's working towards

I've watched glitch videos for other games since and desu a lot of the stuff makes sense (like how number counters work, from the 255 coin video). of course, I'm a layman to all the engineering and it's novel to me, but I have to admit it's pretty damn interesting to see how complex some of the games systems are

>you will never reach this level of btfo

>marios face when he has to stop blinking for 12 years to skip the last A press

>add blinking
>a thousand other things break

There you go, a month to implement blinking.

Mario 64 isn't even the first game with an analog stick.

It didn't originate shit, it just popularized it because it was Nintenddo.

Yeah, it's called adderal

requesting the no A college run screencap

LEAVING MANKIND BEHIND

You're devaluing his work by reducing it to autism or memes. I hope children like you will grow up one day and appreciate work like this.

WELCOME TO CHAOS MODE FAGGOTS

youtube.com/watch?v=TNmRL3idKKw

>you now realize that this music will always be associated with that autist. this association will never go away

If all the autists in the world combined their autismal devotion and focussed on dominating the world, would they succeed?

No, you fucking mouth breathing knuckle dragger. That was never even stated in the video. Quit meming and go back to school faggot.

calm down.

>food analogy
>there is nothing to gain from reverse engineering

>mfw he can turn over and look at you

Thank you, Autism Speaks.

>shitty low quality windows movie maker MUGEN video

Jesus christ man... Those are some memories...

>tfw you'll never explore the early 2000's internet again, finding flash games, funny videos, downloading fan made games, playing mugen and downloading shitty characters.

I want to go back... Please...

drmcninja.com/archives/comic/4p15/

I program and doing something like this doesn't take very long. Even you could do it with a short set of instructions.

This is an unhealthy obsession this guy has but damn, I bet some game designers would kill just to have him get informative data on completely overlooked features in video games.

Pannenkoek's videos basically romanticize edge cases, bugs, and integer overflow. None of this shit was intended by the developers. Not saying I don't enjoy his work, and it's certainly very impressive to abuse this stuff for challenge runs, but it's not exactly voodoo magic.

> it because it was Nintenddo.
yes and nintendofags sucking their dicks non-stop

I barely play FPSes because I have to choose between
>lack of precision aiming (controller)
>orthogonal movement in 3D space (keyboard)
I also hate the playerbase of most FPSes

No. Current TTC upwarp theory is the HOLP: the upwarp destination was very close to HOLP coordinates.

>Why the fuck are dumb autistic nerds interested in video games?!
>On MY Cred Forums?!

He's talking about Star Fox on the SNES. That wasn't true, true 3D, user.

If the engine is far along enough, adding blinking would be a sinch.

Judging from pannen's other discoveries, they have a heavy use of timers when it comes to animation, so yes, coding the blinking probably took less time then drawing the art for open and closed eyes.

>playing first person shooters

Hahahaha, he deliberately makes it as painful and stupid as he can without being a complete time-wasting prick for every single task including

2. Entering the designated course but not collecting red coins FROM that course, choosing to go to completely random spots throughout the world, deleting the save and restarting to get the star in a bizarre feat of speed.

3. Complete the task perfectly and with extreme speed, precision and astonisment...while the camera is locked on the warp pipe, completely obscuring the entire scenario.

4. Collects/breaks the metal caps in a backwards fashion, choosing to end the course by collecting the 100 coin Star exactly 1 frame before death.

5. In this speedrun competition, choosing to crawl the entire distance to the water pool.

6. Kills the Piranha plants and after 50 minutes of RNG manipulation with the box, goes to the top to collect the star and then immediately crashes the game.

7. Removes Mario's hat to perform cloning glitches, grabs all 5 Bob-ombs and throws them, lands on the mushroom with the final star to perform a backflip as all 5 Bob-ombs come flying from out of nowhere, perfectly timed together and explode. Then saunters up to the star and grabs it.

Genius.

>HOLP

>hey its kind of weird mario doesn't blink with those big cartoon eyes
>lets add blinking!
>add it as a add feature ticket or however devs tracked things in the 90s

so no, doing your job isn't autistic

post more qt elfs

Actual dev here.
That shit would take half an hour of coding.

Yeah, now it would.

It seems weird to make a video about blinking but I do understand why he looked into in depth. He needs to research and understand mechanics if he's to find exploits. It just doesn't seem video worthy, he didn't really find anything useful.

You're right, back in the day it would take a month to implement a feature like that. I'm sure glad they started developing the game in 1890 so I could play it in my lifetime.

>this autismos for a shitty game

I'm sorry your hipster series isn't as big, user.

tfw he loves the cute lolis

>I have interests outside of SM64 too!

Indeed, he's our hero.

He placed them all at a HOLP by using the hat in hand trick so that it doesn't get relocated in front of Mario.

This. They have the true autism and not the good kind. The angry and hate everything kind.

Best

This, man its like the best part of his videos

And Cred Forums is full of autistic brats and redditors, he's our guy.

Which video?

why?

youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU

He seems to post alot of Yuruyuri

>gets the 100 star mission in Hazy Maze right before dying
absolutely fucking fantastic

What a wonderful guy he is

>What exactly is the 12 hours meme?
All the memes are coming from one fucking video. You should watch it instead of asking stupid questions.

Here, I'll spoonfeed you the link: youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

>I'm pretty sure he has a top speed thats met in a couple seconds or so
He doesn't, that's the point.

In normal play, there is a speed decay that matches the Mario speed acceleration so you effectively have a top speed but if you can eliminate the speed decay OR accelerate faster than you can ever decay, you can go faster than ever.

>Mario 64 is the invention of the analog stick
>"invention"

Analog Sticks were made way before the N64 Controller:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_stick#History

>The first consumer games console which had analog joysticks was the Prinztronic/Acetronic/Interton series, launched in 1976. This system was widely cloned throughout Europe and available under several brand names. The 2 sticks each used a pair of potentiometers, but were not self-centering.[5]

>In 1985, Sega's third-person rail shooter game Space Harrier, released for the arcades, introduced a true analog flight stick for movement. It could register movement in any direction as well as measure the degree of push, which could move the player character at different speeds depending on how far the joystick is pushed in a certain direction.[8]

THATS FUCKING IT I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS GAY EARTH

This guy's brother is a fairly large smash player right?

this is such a fucking obvious bait and the fact that everyone fell for it makes me want to kill myself

Based.

REMINDER THAT HENRY IS R I G H T
A PRESSES ARE B I N A R Y

>registering for reddit doesn't even require an email

user-kun why do you know this?

Pannenkoek is an artist and Super Mario 64 is his medium.

They weren't used in 3D games as they are now however.

Pannenkoek simply disturbs me. So much effort for info that doesn't matter.

>complaining about wasting time on shit that doesn't matter on a Mongolian tapestry appreciation forum

All Nintendo fans above the age of 12 have autism. Kill yourself.

NX

unironically yes

>mmmmm
>Squished Akari Face
>We have machines with enough precision to assemble individual molecules together. While humans aren't capable of that precision, we ARE capable of making machines that make machines that make machines (etc.) that achieve that precision.

Fuck right off with that shit.

based pancakeman of high autism

Autism is the future of human evolution.

edgy

genetic therapy will breed superhumans based on class, by giving them autism in a field of study which scientists will enable them with

>0:43
>eyes open, eyes partially closed, eyes closed
>eyes partially closed
>closed
Why isn't it eyes partially opened?
Or for that matter, eye's half open? You don't call a .5 A press a Partially press.

autism is just specialization. side effects just include being awkward at everything else

>Why isn't it eyes partially opened?
It's in the action of closing, not opening. Partially opened would be wrong.

>Or for that matter, eye's half open?
I don't think the eyes are actually precisely half closed. They're likely somewhere around there, but not actually half.

I was watching his video of fucking .5 A presses

Autisic as fuck but holy shit is a fucking genius by doing so.

This is genuinely autistic. Seriously, wtf?

underrated post

There were still a fuckton of true 3D arcade games. And quite a few on the PC/Genesis. Don't give me the affine texture mapping crap, most of them weren't textured.

None of them had a wing cap though.

>yfw you realize goombas actual eyes are not the white that surrounds them

Under the "appearances" section, I was IMMENSELY disappointed to find out that "Star Wars 69: Death in the City of Bone" was NOT the name of a porn parody.

DUDE AUTISM LMAO

Sure, what are your specialties? Try not to say anime or anything to do with fiction.

What do you bring to the table? Near superhuman reflexes? Can you fix cars or other vehicles? Can you heal people? Can you sense when a crime is going to be committed?

Oh wait, when you say speciality, you don't mean anything of value, do you? You mean you focus on children's cartoons and become obsessed with minor characters, or you know the backstories of any character from your favourite video game.

Fuck you. Autism is a fucking disease and the entire planet would be better off without any Aspies stinking the place up.

After clicking through the video for about 15 seconds, i can confidently confirm your suspicions OP.

It's pancake in Dutch.

The activity on this Reddit account is inconsistent with his interests and his channel subscriptions (e.g. no posts about TASing or Mario 64). There is also no decisive proof to show that the people behind this Reddit account and the Youtube channel are the same person. On top of that, the Reddit account was created after the Youtube channel with a 6 year gap in between.

It's entirely plausible that the Redditor is some autistic retard who wants to impersonate Pannenkoek2012.

It's a 2 year old account, Pannenkoek memeing hadn't even started at that point.

This.
The reddit account is probably an imposter
or we can just flat out ask on the youtube channel if its actually his reddit account

>Vinesauce

This theoretical person had a 6 year time span in which to discover Pannenkoek2012. If he showed even a moderate interest in Mario 64 he likely would've found out about him, as Pannenkoek is an active member of that community.

Hell, one of Pannenkoek's crowning achievements was collecting an impossible coin on Tiny-Huge Island. Which was achieved and even reported about on Kotaku in 2014. Which is the same year this Reddit account popped up.

/ourguy/

>It sure is interesting, but I'm not really sure where that stuff will go. Theres literally nothing to gain from this knowledge.
If he does happen to be in a situation where he needs that info then he knows how it works. Having a deep understanding of something sometimes opens up ideas that no one else would think of.

>asukafags

You probably have modern computers without some autists checking thousands of lines of code user

This is my first time seeing this video.
what the fuck

Koopas too.

>Which is the same year this Reddit account popped up.
The account says it was made November 7th 2013, though.
You're correct that collecting the impossible coin was in 2014, but that's still more than half a year after the Reddit account.
reddit.com/user/pannenkoek2012/
Hovering over the "Redditor for x years" reveals the exact time and date it was made.

It is definitely very suspicious that it appears to be a moderator of /r/SM64ABC, a subreddit with no posts (or threads or whatever it's called on Reddit) at all.

Okay so this person made the account before the impossible coin bit, I was wrong.

>It is definitely very suspicious that it appears to be a moderator of /r/SM64ABC, a subreddit with no posts
That's incredibly suspicious. Why would you have a subreddit for a topic you're INCREDIBLY interested in and not upload your videos there? Why is there no link to this subreddit on either one of his youtube channels? There's a lot of things that don't line up.

He likes a game and looks to analyze it fully. He isn't hurting anyone and its mildly entertaining

He makes the occasional Mario 64 post, so I guess it's him.
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4p5z4b/which_video_game_sound_effect_is_instantly/d4j4nht
reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4abba1/rip/d0zbbf9
It's not like he HAS to always be talking about Mario 64. He can talk about anime all he wants.

Shut the fuck up Racter. Go shitpost in the matrix or something.

>It's not like he HAS to always be talking about Mario 64
True, but don't you think he'd at least post once in a while in a tas reddit or something?
The sketchiest part is that he's moderator and creator of a SM64 subreddit, but hasn't uploaded "his" content on there.

look how fuckin disappointed that troopa is

I mean, he's in contact with people that do TASes and can just ask Tyler Kehne if he's unsure about anything, that guy's a TAS god.
He probably uses reddit for funposting in a similar fashion most of us use Cred Forums.
That's all coming from the assumption this isn't a fake account, which isn't granted at this point in time.

>It's not like he HAS to always be talking about Mario 64. He can talk about anime all he wants.
I agree, looking through his channel subscriptions he has many interests: let's plays, computer science, science, atheism, TASing, general game deconstruction, etc.

Yet this person has talked about none of that stuff, there's only one anime channel he's subscribed to, and unlike the Reddit account, it doesn't have a central focus on Yuru Yuri, just general voice acting.

Those two posts show only an above-average interest in Mario 64, not "let's talk about how things in Mario 64" blink interest, which supports my theory that this person had a moderate interest in Mario 64 and discovered Pannenkoek2012 that way.

I find these videos interesting, because it's kind of weird to see someone dissect a game's programming without the source code.

Mario 64 is an interesting game, because it's essentially a 3d platformer made by a group of programmers who have worked on 2d games their entire lives.

The way that positioning is tracked, the way the game checks for collision, the way the game handles model animation and object entities, etc

it's all very archaic and old, and modern game engines have all but abandoned these really old methods.

Hell, five different systems just for deciding when to blink

>tfw have obsessive fears of becoming aware of automatic bodily motions like blinking and breathing
>can't even watch this

if you paid attention every time you'd be the fuckin worlds best breather how do you think them shaolin monks got to be goku's best friend oxygenate those muscles

is that marmite?

>bowser blinks even while the game is paused
this game has some weird programming

Vegemite
iirc someone mailed it to him so he could try it on stream
Don't ask why, I don't know either

ah, never tried vegemite, fucking love marmite though. I'm eating some right now

Many things in the game follow the global timer, so it's not really too surprising.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Qyr01cOFfk
I found "Henry"'s dad.

Global timers running when the game is paused isn't that weird. Like how note blocks still bounce when SMB3 is paused.

>autistic as fuck
>knows every little SM64 detail
>capable of reverse-engineer the game
>banned from TAS competition because of his extremely retarded entry with him fucking around
>yuru fan
/ourguy/?

Why do a lot of morons think everything programming related takes an absurd amount of time? Even for the dumbest things you have someone sticking up for it saying "How do you know?!"

No but OP is.

>Reddit
not /ourguy/
Anything can seem more impressive than it actually is if you've never done it before

reddit = neo-Cred Forums

I have a YouTube channel and watch anime but I don't subscribe to any cancerous YouTube anime channels.

Not subscribing to channels is hardly a reliable data point for "This guy doesn't watch anime".

True autism is to make a comment on youtube where someone say "I have autism + X. It's not funny. blah blah something something."

And completely missing whatever the point of the video was. God I hate those comments. The fucking self awareness of those guys is nonexistent.

He's definitely into anime, that we know.

There's something oddly heartwarming that Super Mario 64 still generates new discussion after its debut twenty years ago. It's like THE video game of video games.

I get a similar feeling from Stryderx7's Paper Mario stuff

>The devs dont care for this shit.
You are the one who knows next to nothing.
As a developer i tell you, YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING WORK. E V E R Y T H I N G.

But user a game dev would have to program and/or animate the glaze to fall down at that speed

the paper mario community is just as awesome, did u see the elation when they found the palace skip for PMTTYD?
comfy as fuck youtube

I'm high as fuck and this is the best

>pause video
>he doesn't blink
wtf

I sent him a private message, I'll follow up on this at a later date hopefully.

It can't be the same person Pannenkoek2012 is PURE goddamnit.

so's anime girls

>not liking yuru yuri

Reddit and Advice Animals certainly aren't.

He's going to respond with "no" just to fuck with you. And then you'll take it as gospel. Calling that shit now.

There's nothing wrong with liking Yurus

>look at this thread last night, pretty cool but got to get some sleep
>Come back and it's still alive
Is this fucking Cred Forums or /adv/? What the hell is going on here?

Damn it, user. As your future mod, I order you to purge this thread.

>"Excuse me do you have a Reddit account?"
>"no"
In this theoretical scenario that you've outlined, there'd be no reason to question his statement. It would be decisive evidence.

Autism

I sent him a link to this thread
hopefully he will show up

A boob is a boob you can't have half of one

Link?

>pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=Lamd-d-Ayqk

Thread's been up for 13 hours
It'll probably reach archive

I should really be working right now

nothing matters idiot

I like how none of the hotheads replying to this failed to pointed out the dimensional analysis bungle.all synonyms to "mistake" sound completely sophomoric but "bungle" was the best for this situation
>seconds/minute

In modern psychology your mental pathology is defined by symptoms because the causes are barely understood. Sounds like ADD has symptomatic overlap with some other mental junk... Or it's just all in your head and you're a big pussy. I know which one I'd rather believe given you don't really know either way.

yes, and this context was the original premise for calling people on Cred Forums autists. an example of proper use would be that one guy on Cred Forums who catalogued some tripfags posts and made a series of fantasy in which he and that tripfag lived together. nowadays if you have an opinion you're an autist

i remember this. Holy shit.

>Everything.pdf
>The Philmarilion
how the fuck could you forget?

Should I play through super mario 64 or super mario 3d land?

I've not finished eithr title, but I pretty much already know about most of SM64 from seeing discussion about it.

try and find a way off that pole in BitFS and don't even think cloning is a viable option

Flip a coin, heads for Land

I think finding a way to raise those goombas is our best option for the pole

why did you have to talk about this
the complete collection of printout posts from the trip

fucking christ no

what is this, I want to know.

Lurk more.

Given how minor that detail is and when it occurs, I can see how it can be overlooked for so long.

youtube.com/watch?v=RpaaPhLaSiQ
>this fucking guy drags bowser into a parallel universe and leaves him there
>decides to spare him and teleports him directly into a bomb
If mario were to take off his restraints and unleash his true power, nobody could stop him

>The devs dont care for this shit.
The devs were autistic enough to implement a dozen different types of blinking and you say they don't care about it? They cared more about a fucking Koopa blinking than you ever will about anything.

he never even mentioned any of those things in the video you prematurely born troglodyte

>doing your job as a game programmer and adding technical detail to your game is autistic

holy shit I forgot all about daxflame

youtube cringe binge here I come

>tfw Daxflame is acting in Hollywood movies now

>playing around with parallel universes

this man needs to be stopped before he squashes us like a bug

Fuck off """"""""""""""""""Henry"""""""""""""""""""""

Putting this much detail into insignificant things is definitely autistic. It's also incredibly awesome.

So?

oh fuck i remember this cunt
does he still make videos?

It's called polish.

>food analogy

the realism is multiple people were probably told to program in blinking, each getting different characters and each coming to a different solution to make them blink. for whatever reason they didn't reuse code.

it's not very hard or complex programming though, I imagine its something simple like this:
if (global_timer % blink_rate < blink_time) set_eyetex("blinking");
else set_eyetex("not blinking");

Probably took 1 programmer all of an hour to implement.
Cant say why they have 2 different systems for blinking though (one RNG, one fixed), I would guess they implemented the fixed one on mario etc. and then realized the RNG one looked better and then used it on different characters
>inb4 autismus

Crash bandicoot had more technological wizardry going on than SM64, and it was more clever than it

I think the way they did it adds personality, even if I never fucking noticed.
Save for Koopa the Quick, I always noticed how fast he blinks but never registered that different characters had different blinks

Why don't you give an example?

He's just going to post the thing about how they had to brute-force squeezing in the game files because they ran out of memory.

But that's the only thing, and has nothing to do with the actual game.

Why did they have so many blinking systems? Who decided that goombas blink slower than lakitus? Who decided Koopa the Quick should also be a quick blinker?

Because he's quick.

God bless this beautiful man.
I wish i could derive so much pleasure and apply all my commitment to something like him.

These are the real heroes.

my programmer must be a god then since he implemented blinking faster than I could animate it

Needs someone who does this for an RPG like FF6 or Chrono Trigger. A ton is known about those games internally but it isn't conveyed in such an entertaining manner.

This is some rainman shit. Do I have autism if I enjoy these videos?

nice c++ or whatever shit you're codding it

now do it in assembly. Because that's N64 language.

My theory is that the objects that are similar in blinking were programmed by the same person while the ones that aren't were done by different people. I want to believe that they were more focused on getting it finished on time rather than taking time to find out how the other objects handle blinking since it's a minor detail.

>waka waka waka I know more programming than you
>now do it in assembly
>that's N64 language

>what is compilers
>what are different architectures
That guy wasn't trying to show off and just slapped down some pseudocode because who gives a shit.

You are trying to show off though.

And you are doing a very poor job of it. Fuck off.

hardware isnt just bound to a language, c code or whatever compiler based language is compiled into machine code (ie. assembly). also C (not ++) has existed since the 60's, you dont think maybe by the mid 90's Nintendo may have adopted it?

Nice projection of me showing off so you can vent your frustration on me

Knowing what assembly is and that N64 use it is not showing off, it's common knowledge. Also, knowing that its codded in assembly and knowing how fucking tedious assembly is, make the "meh it's ez anyway look I can do it in one line" less credible.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was codded in assembly. Anyway didn't mean to offense, although it might have been arrogant. All I wanted to say it's if its in assembly, its not as simple as you claimed. Assembly is a pain in the ass.

These are the people who would've invented hyper gates in a world without video games.

Rei a SHIT!

Ya so I fact checked and turns out I was most likely wrong. Mostly C was used for N64. Sorry about that.

>toiletniggers

Literally kys cuck

nintendo 64 games were primarily programmed in C

>implyong
Misatofag

Still a cuck

Why is it always Sega/Nintendo games that attract shit like this?

This is one classy motherfucker. Love this guy.

I wish someone would do this sort of shit for Conker's BFD

That would imply that the devs put effort into the extra content and characters.

Even the fanhacks for SM64 have more thought put into them.

The extra content is lacking, yes. The characters are great though.

Super Mario 64 came out a day after Quake, I'd almost say it's more graphically impressive.

The best 3D Mario game given extra content easily beats out any other official 3D Mario
like I said, the only problem is the controls

don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

I said mechanical. take a ritalin

>those fucking shamblers at the top of the level
Fuck everything. That's what I get for unlocking a secret level.

>shamblerS
i still remember the first day i played this level on nightmare WHERE I MISSED THE ROCKETLAUNCHER AND SECOND INVULNERABILITY

>I'd almost say
They're about the same really. SM64 has smoother animations fure sure though.

is that GLQuake or a source port?

> autism

That's actually a really cool system. I mean, the guy who figured it out is probably fully autistic but good on Nintendo.

Or that RNG looks better on characters you aren't looking at constantly. It works really well for Mario and Peach.

No, this is what happens when you git gud at hex editing then apply that skill to videogames.

>mario and peach are fucking SYNCED
>some enemies and bowser blink when the game is paused
>some enemies all blink at the same time
>bowser's blink cycle is fucked up
>BUT GOOD ON NINTENDO
Nah son. Pannenkoek exposed them for the frauds they are.

its quakespasm, a fork of glquake, with texture filtering and model interpolation turned off

A "no" is a "no" you can't say it's "maybe"

>>mario and peach are fucking SYNCED
And it looks great
>>some enemies and bowser blink when the game is paused
Which is a pretty minor problem given the era.
>>some enemies all blink at the same time
And they are minor
>>bowser's blink cycle is fucked up
Its actually pretty cool they made it so his eyes follow you. I wouldn't call it fucked up at all.

So yeah, good on Nintendo. The only thing this autist did was made me appreciate the thought that went into this old game.

How programing implementations of random numbers, integers and if/else are frauds?

this is actually extremely interesting. the videos on his channel are really good. subbed. thanks

>thought
it means its hacked together, there wasn't thought at all, it was rushed out the door

>Over 400 posts
How do these threads last for so long?

> they took the time to make characters blink in different ways that makes the world feel more alive
> in an era where MGS1 faces were passable
> IT WAS HACKED TOGETHER GAIS

kids these days.

>>penguins blink during pause
>>creepy as fuck

Also thats the best type of autism

Autism attracts autism.

see or are you really the retard that looks at pannenkoek2012's channel and thinks "wow sure was thoughtful of nintendo to make a game with so many fucking bugs"

Softcore Scuttlebug picks.

How soon until he manages to align his own QPU in the real world?

> Implying I've ever heard of your stupid autism channel until now
> Ignoring the fact a feature like this was a thoughtful novelty back then
> being such a sperg that everything has to work on reused code
> muh libraries

Holy fuck your autism is off the charts. You are complaining about imperfections in a minor system most people don't even notice until it is pointed out. To sane people, this is just a neat little thing that makes the game feel more alive.

But by all means keep stoking those OCD fires you fucking sperg.

Fucking this. We could have had magnetic transit systems shooting us along at 2,700mph with inertial dampening, by now. But no. We gotta focus on them half-presses.

nah they would've just invented videogames

there is NO FUCKING HALF A-PRESS its either a press or no press

now fuck off with this autism non game shit

He's still in school, right? It could still happen.

The human body is limiting. Once he augments himself with the N64 and assimilates the vast knowledge contained within the Mario 64 game cartridge he will be able to warp between QPUs with only a thought. No longer is he limited by the pitiful use of half A presses. 12 hours will become 12 picoseconds allowing for near infinite speed. Mark my words. He WILL achieve FTL travel.

They'll master cosmic ray manipulation to recreate the upboost glitch.

>pointing out food analogies

>when shit analogies are WAY more commonplace and even more stupid and poorly thought out every time

>Blinking

Anyone who said they already knew that characters blinked WHILE PAUSED is a fucking liar.

You all learned something new today.

you said thought was put into it and all i said was it wasn't, it was hacked together which created what you know now as a "thoughtful feature". only one sperging out is you

What's Mario going to do with that baby penguin?

The Apple I was just a (partial) DIY kit like a dozen others that revolutionized nothing and left pretty much no impression, except for a high collector's value due to Apple offering a trade-in toward an Apple II and then destroying all the I's they got their hands on. The Apple II was extremely noteworthy and made a huge mark on early computing history, but the Apple I did not.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_I
>The Apple I went on sale in July 1976 at a price of US$666.66,[9] because Wozniak "liked repeating digits" and because of a one-third markup on the $500 wholesale price.[10] Wozniak, who called himself "atheist or agnostic",[11][12] stated that he was unaware of any Satanic connotations with the number.

Why are autists like pannenkoek, ulillillia and wozniak so goddamn adorable?