Is anyone else hoping that NX gets more Wii U ports than BotW?

Is anyone else hoping that NX gets more Wii U ports than BotW?

I don't own a Wii U and I really want to play Bayo2 and W101. Plus having a bunch of quality games during launch is exactly what NX needs, even if it's just Wii U remasters.

>Implying the NX is real

The GC didn't got many N64 ports.
The Wii didn't get many GC ports.
The Wii U didn't get many Wii ports.

So no. Hoping for many NX ports is not a smart thing. Especially for niche games like Bayo 2, W101 and so on.
So if you really want to play those games, either buy a Wii U or build a PC good enough to emulate the Wii U.
You don't have any other choice.

Wii could play literally every gamecube game

>The GC didn't got many N64 ports.
>The Wii didn't get many GC ports.
>The Wii U didn't get many Wii ports.

Correlation does not imply causation my man. Remasters to newer systems are much more common these days.

Besides the NX is almost 100% confirmed to use cartridges so it won't be BC.

>Is anyone else hoping that NX gets more Wii U ports than BotW?
I doubt that will happen, and if it did you're looking at Zelda WW/TP/SS trilogy or Pikmin HD trilogy.

I really don't see Platinum Games brought forward.

They would be doing a disservice to NX-only owners if they didn't do enhanced ports of MK8, Splatoon and Smash because goddamn I can't stop going back to those games. I'd probably buy them all again if there was new content.

Honourable mention to Bayonetta, Tropical Freeze, and Mario Maker, they'd be worth adding to Virtual Console or whatever.

>I really don't see Platinum Games brought forward.
Didn't Bayo2 sales get a nice boost when she was included in Smash?

Right but it proved it didn't move consoles, so the flow is in the wrong way.

It was a net loss for Nintendo.

I can almost guarantee Mario Maker, MK8 and Splatoon will make it over. Those things would move units like hell.

Other Wii U exclusives I'm not so sure will make it.

W101 wasn't really that good, and I loved all of Clovers other games. I loved the campy sentai stuff, but the gameplay was kind of boring. Maybe it was the camera angle I don't know I just couldn't get into it

W101 would have been better if the controls weren't such a goddamn clusterfuck.

>Right but it proved it didn't move consoles, so the flow is in the wrong way.
If I worked at Nintendo I would take that as a good chance to give Bayonetta 2 a second chance.

You need to get that momentum so people buy the system. Bayonetta 2 wasn't enough, seeing as I myself didn't buy a Wii U for it. But if the NX launched with both Zelda and Bayo 2 available?

That would push me over the edge, easily.

W101 controls were perfect

You were just shit at the game

Well, that's becausa Backwards Compatibility. If the NX doesnt have BC (Which probably doesnt) digital ports might be in the interest of Nintendo, ans even the developers, since the sales of WiiU were really low

>Well, that's becausa Backwards Compatibility. If the NX doesnt have BC (Which probably doesnt) digital ports might be in the interest of Nintendo, ans even the developers, since the sales of WiiU were really low

It would be great if you could buy SD cards and just download the game and put it on it.

Make your own physical game.

>If I worked at Nintendo I would take that as a good chance to give Bayonetta 2 a second chance.
It's a good thing you don't work for Nintendo.

Fuckers like you killed the Wii U.
"I want to play games, but not on the current console, I'll wait for another console"
Retards.

Yeah, it's fantastic that more people don't get to play a great game.

>Fuckers like you killed the Wii U.

Actually, a terrible name, confusing marketing and no games for an entire year killed the Wii U.

>>>/NeoGAF/

According to the leaked data, it doesn't even sound like the NX is that much more powerful than the Wii U.

So yea, expect more ports of popular games like Smash U and MK8 I guess.

>leaked data

There is no "leaked data"

lurk moar

NX only owners are doing a disservice to themselves by not having the Wii U for which those games were designed.

The NX might as well just be a relaunch of the Wii U if all that people want for it are Wii U games.

>Correlation does not imply causation my man.

That doesn't even apply there, you memespouting nitwit.

W101 is amazing, I hope it gets ported and people notice it this time.

Easily my favorite Platinum game, and favorite game this gen.

Was disappointed with Bayo 2 though, preferred the first.

Nice counter-argument.

You convinced me.

I thought it was excellent. Only "flaw" I really had with it was that you HAD to use the gamepad for it in some way.

>Easily my favorite Platinum game, and favorite game this gen.
Muh boy :3

>he doesn't play W101 with a Pro Controller
>he never bought the Speed Liner upgrade

The controls were nowhere near perfect. Sure with enough time you could learn to use them, and with enough time after that you could probably get really good at the game, but it's definitely not user friendly and only those who really pushed themselves to learn the controls enjoy the game.

If you like two games on a console, just buy it.
I don't really get why it should be ok buying a ps4 for only Bloodborne but not a Wii U only for Bayonetta 2.
If you really end to hate it, resell it back after you played the games you wanted so desperately to play.

>being a casual

How about you buy a WiiU once the price drop hits then you faggot. The last thing we need is another console of remasters. At the most we could use a Splatoon remaster because of better online and new splatfests. Maybe Mario Maker. That's it. Nothing else on WiiU has technical issues that warrant ports.

I'd prefer not to throw down cash on what is essentially a dead system at this point.

You can get them with bundles of games on Craigslist for $150. How expensive do you think they'll be on the second-hand market once the NX comes out?

May as well just pick up an xbone for $110

What if the only reason Dark Souls was considered difficult was because of its controls? Would that be a valid reason? Would it be as popular as it is today? Are you considered a casual for playing Dark Souls without a shitty control scheme? It's an excuse, that's all it is.

A remaster would still cost me less and most likely also run better.

Also fuck buying through craigslist and then either having to sell the system again or have it just lying around taking up space.

I did both, but you still had to use the gamepad for some segments and for switching your Wonderful ones. And by "use" I mean "look at"

How about Nintendo makes some new games instead you greedy fuck.

Nah. I've already played them on WiiU, IDGAF about those games, I want new ones

Controls not being beginner friendly and being bad are two different things.

What's wrong with the controls?
B jumps that's standard
Y sprints and unites your team, no problem there
X is the unite attack, once again pretty simple
B to attack, I hope that isn't too hard.
ZL and ZR to block and dodge, no problem
L stick to move
R stick to choose weapon. I'm assuming the problem is here, however all the patterns are simple.

That's literally not the same

If their new architecture is as great as they make it out to be, then porting games over shouldn't be such an issue.

You and I both know full well that the issue is with the weapons, and that's a huge part of the actual gameplay. You pretty much need to be able to fluidly transition between weapons for high level play and it's a lot more tedious than it should be.

>That's literally not the same

A console being backwards compatible has a great influence on remasters though.

Microsoft literally have to ask companies for permission when they BC a 360 game because they might be planning to re-release it later.

The Wii got Metroid Prime, Zelda, and Pikmin ports, pretty big deal really

I would be nice if L or R were assigned to something like going back to your last weapon used, instead of both camera control.
I only ever used the camera buttons to zoom out.

Nah, I hope you fags are fucked out of most WiiU exclusives.

You were probably one of the regular shitposters about the console anyway.

Nope, I've already played every Wii U game worth playing.

A new system should mean new games.

>Actively wishing people would miss out on exclusives.
>From the same company no less.

Sounds dangerously close to Sonygger talk.

How about the rest of the library? f-Zero, WarioWorld, Mario sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Doshin the giant, Odama and more?
Also, he was clearly talking about niche titles like Bayo and w101, not mainline titles like Prime, Zelda and Pikmin.
Niche games that sold few copies don't get ports.

>Correlation does not imply causation my man.
Are you retarded or something? Are you just saying that because you saw someone smarter than you saying that in a time where it actually applied?

> shitposts about a console incessantly on Cred Forums

> I better be able to play the games tho!!!

Nah I hope you get nothing.

I'm glad, the Metroid Prime ports with the Wii motes were amazing, the best use of the Wii Mote I can think of.

>Also, he was clearly talking about niche titles like Bayo and w101, not mainline titles like Prime, Zelda and Pikmin.

I wouldn't call Bayonetta 2 "niche", she was big enough to get into the Smash roster. Besides, the Wii U exclusive library isn't that big, which means it stands a greater chance of being ported.

Shitposting about what?

Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even exist without Nintendo.

Don't market them as remasters but as ports. If need be for something that doesn't run great like W101 optimise them more and maybe bump the resolution with anti aliasing and texture filtering. It's technically a remaster but with none of the added baggage.

You're probably right. The NX probably won't be powerful enough to warrant it being labeled as an "updated version".

I really hope Nintendo was serious about the NX being easy to develop for, that has been their Achilles heel for a long time I feel, the Wii U especially.

>been their Achilles heel for a long time I feel
Really? N64 had cartridges, GC had minimal storage, the Wii was no way near as powerful as the other consoles. Surely, the Wii U was easy to make games for since it was just a stronger Xbox 360 with a gamepad that could easily be ignored and few games were still coming out for the seventh gen consoles.

Why would you want to play a game that was vastly inferior to the first game, which was vastly inferior to Devil May Cry?
Just admit that you want to rub it to stupid sexy milf witches.
Also W101 is a 6/10 at best.

Wrong, Shitwata killed the Pii U and paid the price by dying of aids.
No one wanted a Toys R' Us tablet console for toddlers.

Nintendo consoles have always seemed to have rather weird quirks that make them hard to develop for. I think it's very noticeable because when Nintendo themselves are making the games they really look way better than 3rd party games.

N64 and GC was actually more powerful than PS1 and PS2, but they often had multiplat versions that ran worse because of the limited space. Wii was underpowered but pretty easy to develop for I guess. I think the Wii U's architecture is pretty notorious for being a hassle. Some 360/PS3 ports barely look or run better, if even at all. Despite the Wii U being a lot more powerful than PS360.

>The last thing we need is another console of remasters.
>except those games I definitely want a remaster of, they are an exception because my opinion matters above all
Fucking Nintendicksuckers, man...bunch of mentally ill manchildren

2 remasters =/= remaster console

Wii U has like 10 worthwhile games.

Even if you port all those it would hardly be a remaster console.

When Nintendo makes 90% of the worthwhile games for their console, you better bet they make a fuckton of good games instead of remasters.

>PLEASE NINTENDO
>GIVE US PORTS
>WE WON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO PLAY WITHOUT THEM

Doesnt matter, the wii got the most cross gen ports of any Nintendo console, but this wasnt repeated with the WiiU, meaning its largely not going to be a thing going forward.

This.
> Hopefully they port all of the Wii U games to the NX

If there are so many games you're interested in, why don't you simply get the system the games were released for?

>look at me cherry picking and trying to justify it by my twisted Nintendicksucker fandrone logic

I would actually prefer if they port Splatoon for the NX, because there are many people wondering about the sequel and I think is very soon to wait for it.

I'm assuming it to have a virtual console with Wii U games the same way that the Wii is "virtual console" on Wii U.

That is to say, the games will be retooled to run hardware natively, as opposed to being emulated, on the new platform, but be sold only digitally.

So while BOTW might come out boxed for NX, a lot of the other big titles for Wii U are likely to not receive that kind of special treatment.

I fucking hate you people. Why do you care about anything nintendo AT ALL. All video games are going to shit and you're actually siding with the worst.

They are likely to already be working on the sequel though. So while it might not be launched with the NX, it may come out in some form within the next two years.

>I hate that you care

>All games are shit but I still post on Cred Forums

Get a load of THIS party starter.

But at the same time twilight princess released on the gamecube and wii. Just fuck nintendo. They need to die or become a third-party developer

>you're actually siding with the worst

This isn't the playground kid. People aren't siding with anyone. I bought a Wii U because I wanted to play some of the games available on the system. I will buy any other console if there are enough games on it that I want to play.

>going
They aren't all shit yet asshole. It just baffles me you haven't disowned nintendo

Nintendo just doesn't deserve your money man, they've just been taking advantage of your noatalgia

>You better bet they make a fuckton of good games instead of remasters.

Since when do remasters mean the game is bad?

If anything it means people like it.

What do YOU like?

Nintendo would sell a remaster for 60 and never price drop it though

That doesn't even make sense.

I just want Bayo 3

This included an entire trilogy and a new control scheme.

Doesn't seem greedy to me.

They rarely do remasters at full price though, and when they do, it's mostly of multiple titles.

And their digital editions are usually not full price.

Witcher
Paragon
Dark souls
Dead rising (strictly the 1st however)
Smash was fun but they didn't release a bundle of all the chatacter dlc
MH is cool but restricted to ninty for god knows why
Dying light
DOA5
FFXIV
MGSV
KI
Senran kagura
Do i need to go on? What do YOU like? What was the last good nintendo game? It's not like a chose to hate them

It's $60-$80 pre-owned and last gen, what isn't greedy?

>Rare game is expensive.
>Last gen game is last gen.

I don't even understand what the fuck you're trying to say.

Well I don't particularly like Nintendo games exclusively, I just wanted to hear what you liked that would make you say Nintendo are the worst ones currently. I'd say there are those more deserving.

I've really enjoyed Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land, but yeah, lately it's been a little slow, also because I don't have a 3DS.

Would very much like to play Picross 3D Round 2.

I want to blow my mayonnaise load on her face.

Even if your argument is metroid prime, why be excited for NX? I like metroid prime but did that save the wii? Not to mention the wii (amazingly) was better than wii u. I haven't always believes this but jintendo doesn't deserve a penny anymore

You can honestly expect ports of smash, splatoon and Tropical Freeze (seeing how Returns got ported on 3DS).
But if you expect ports of games like Bayonetta and Wonderful 101, you are crazy.

Not him but any other game from any non-nintendo company and last-gen is gonna be 20$ probably, new

Unless it's something like Ninja Gaiden 2 and is still like 70 bucks new, but those are much rarer. Nintendo just doesn't produce anywhere near enough of what they do make, and it eternally frustrates me because you have to buy into their shit early on because everything will become more expensive as time goes on and it's just gay, and you're gay for defending it

And ignore the errors, fuck touch screen keyboards

I honestly don't. Where would they go from there? Bayo 2 was basically a time loop.

>I've really enjoyed Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land
You are part of the problem Nintendo has become so utterly shit in the past 10 years because your standards are as low as those of iOS Flappy Bird playing shitheads.
It's ironic how Nintendo's demise was its own, cancerous YES-men fanbase who would gulp up any turd Nintendo throws at them.

and that's a special case because microsoft is doing those games on a case by case basis.

I doubt nintendo asked every gamecube developer if it was okay to make their games playable on the wii.

If rumors are true, nx won't be wii u backwards compatible, or even have a disk drive. Just buy a wii u, it has a perfectly good library

>Mario Kart 8 is bad

That's the least constructive and most baseless post I've read in a long time.

>Insulting Flappy Bird to look hardcore

What the fuck.

>it has a perfectly good library.

A perfectly good library which contain a total of two games actually interest me. So I'd prefer not to.

Wii U emulation will be stable before NX releases anyways.

>Not him but any other game from any non-nintendo company and last-gen is gonna be 20$ probably, new

Not really. Folklore, Lost Odyssey and Nier come to mind, atleast over here in Europe

Go see how much any first party game is on the wii u. Then go look at a game released 4 months ago on a ps4 or xbone. And if you say that's fine you need get your shit together

Fine, then you don't get to play those games, barring some crazy luck where nintendo does decide to bring back bayo 2, which probably won't be for years.

See

>Implying I have a PC good enough for fucking Wii U emulation.

You should simply have looked for good deals. I bought a new copy of Prime Trilogy for like 30 bucks some time after release. I also picked up a new copy of Bayo 2 for 7 bucks. Just look for deals as long as the game is still out in the wild.

I got bayo 2 for 20 and metroid for 30 but that was black friday. In a normal basis it's ludicrous

You could suck dicks for money and afford one by the time emulation is ready.

It could be more about Bayo's mom and Inferno with Queen Sheeba as the boss.

>Go see how much any first party game is on the wii u. Then go look at a game released 4 months ago on a ps4 or xbone. And if you say that's fine you need get your shit together

That has always been Nintendo's style though.

With most companies the first two weeks are when everything counts, they blow tons of money on marketing and it's supposed to be HOLEY SHIT ITS THE EVENT OF THE YEEEEAR and after that the game falls off the face of the earth. Nintendo aims for more of a slow burn and that the quality of the game itself will carry it.

I understand some people don't like but it's their approach. They want to aim for a few, but more polished games.

The Wii could play every Gamecube game
the Wii U is literally held back because it has a Wii inside itself

checkmate, atheists.

>shitting on Mario Kart 8

Gee, it's like you didn't even PLAY the game. It's the best game on the piece of shit console.

And yes, when I say best, I mean better than Sm4sh and Splatoon.