We need to boycott MOBAS

The threat is real, and we need to stop it. What threat? MOBAs. These games have polluted the game industry long enough, and it needs to fucking stop. MOBAs are the worst genre of game to ever have been created:

>shitty goofy cartoony/pesudo anime artstyles
>retarded looking character designs that are incoherent with one another(ie. fantasy knights fighting futuristic soldiers fighting dragons fighting western gunslingers, etc)
>no stories at all whatsoever beyond "this character has a dark and mysterious past, and they fight cuz reasons"
>entire gameplay comprises boring fucking farming against shit ai enemies for half an hour, culminating in big fights against players that last 5 seconds as everyone dies fast
>can do well all game then lose because a single teamfight fucks around and gets caught by the enemy team lategame
>entirely dependent on others to win, even if you decimate your lane opponent or kill others, all it takes is one retard on your team to ruin it
>shit balancing, revolving door of nerfs and buffs
>pointless item systems where you must do the "right" build, no real build freedom
>tiny character models due to the isometric view most of these games use, making it hard to see shit
>shitty music and voice acting

And yet developers keep making these. Fuck MOBAs, and fuck the ones who enjoy them unironically. I call upon my fellow gamers to boycott them all. Uninstall any MOBAs on the pcs of your friends and family, downvote any youtube video showing a MOBA in any capacity, don't support any streamers who play them. Blackball them from the industry. Make it known that us gamers do NOT want this genre, and want it fucking GONE.

>but what about the people who enjoy them?

Fuck em. People used to also enjoy owning slaves and putting people in ovens, but we took a stand against that shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7uDdrtTq7ks
youtube.com/watch?v=rF-CzyvHZT0
youtube.com/watch?v=pnHX9T6DNq4
youtube.com/watch?v=-UhHcEiegb8
gamespot.com/articles/watch-quakes-original-designer-talk-about-quake-ch/1100-6442161/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>playing western games

There is your problem.

Not playing a game because you don't like it isn't a boycott, retard.

Almost nothing of what you just said applies to Dota 2.

No, I am saying we all should not play it, even if you do enjoy them for some reason. It needs to stop. And we need to stop others from playing too. If someone at your school or work or whatever suggests playing a MOBA, suggest another game, and if they press the issue list all the flaws with MOBAs or derail the conversation. Don't let people increase the playerbase for these games, most people who play these only do so due to peer pressure.

How old are you?

Dota 2 is the same fucking shit. See right here people, a MOBA fan trying to slip past the radar.

>b-b-but Dota 2 isn't like League!

It has enough in common to make it shit. Reliance on teammates, shitty obtuse item systems(Dota have more leeway than other mobas like LoL but still), awful character designs and concepts, shitty artstyle. Come on. The genre fucking sucks. You like skill and strategy so much? Play a damn rts or a fighting game, not this bullshit, you're just limiting yourself.

I honestly hope you are baiting here, because if you are not, you are one of the saddest people i've ever fucking seen.

24. I've seen the damage MOBAs cause. To the game industry, to friendships. I've seen close friends torn apart by these shit games. Companies who could have done really cool game ideas instead wasting funds to make a goddamn MOBA. Enough is enough.

So who's the cutest hero, Cred Forums?

How about you go back to /vg/ and discuss your MOBAs there, shill? Look, most of Cred Forums has sense, and we hate this genre. It's why we drove you out of here before.

>Reliance on teammates
True
>shitty obtuse item systems
What
>awful character designs and concepts
Matter of taste
>shitty artstyle
Matter of taste
>The genre fucking sucks
No it fucking doesn't.

Notice how shallow MOBA fans are as well, as exhibited here. The designers are morally and creatively bankrupt, they know the games are shit and not fun, so they just design fapbait shit female characters for these people to beat off to. It's what Overwatch(a shooter MOBA) did.

Worst bait ever
Youre 24, you should know that no matter how much you bitch and moan that MOBAs arent going anywhere

Most Cred Forums are casual fucks who have no real argument why MOBA games suck.

The item systems in all mobas are garbage and pointlessly obtuse. You get this idea of "omg I can do and build anything" but you really can't. Of these, Dota has the most freedom and thought put behind it, but it's still a garbage system. The idea of having to get gold to buy "recipes" and "item pieces" to build a better item is retarded. Think of rpgs, you want the staff of destruction? You kill something and earn it. You don't buy "recipe of destruction, heart of death, rod of hellfire, penis of annihilation" and then needing 3k gold to finish it.

And the character and artstyles are garbage. They're all cartoony looking shit, with LoL being the worst since it's generic pixar shit mixed with godawful fake western anime trash.

Look at this shit. 2016 and this is the best kind of artwork and characters we can get? Why would anyone want to look at this shit, when they could play Witcher 3 and see far superior character models? I could mod skyrim and have way way better looking shit. Fucking anime catgirl mods for skyrim look better designed and textured than this trssh.

They're shitty watered down rts games made for people who couldn't hack it in rts games. Look at Dawn of War 3, that shit became a fucking MOBA esque game now, because they know most people can't handle a real rts, so they need MOBAfied shit. Even the artstyle suffered, because moba players eyes are so bad they can't see shit unless it's brightly colored like a rainbow with highlights all around it to point out what is friend and foe.

>"omg, this game so hard, like you're supposed to dodge the big laser beam of death? ugh why can't it be like my mobas where all the stuff is color coded to let me know what is dangerous to touch? "

Moba players are the people who NEED a fucking warning label with bright colors to tell them not to drink fucking cleaning chemicals.

>Think of rpgs, you want the staff of destruction? You kill something and earn it
Think of MOBAs, you want a staff of destruction? You kill something, get money for it and buy the staff. LITERALLY THE SAME FUCKING THING.
>And the character and artstyles are garbage. They're all cartoony looking shit
This does not apply to Dota 2, none of the characters look cartoony at all.

>This does not apply to Dota 2, none of the characters look cartoony at all.

Yeah this looks so realistic, holy shit man it's better than fucking battlefield 4 models!

You do know, the critical errors you point out are the human ones.
>Play Dota2 with a team of 5.
>Learned to play certain roles and heroes, help each other out in a bot game to try out tactics.
>Go into a real game, report the flow of a fight, any lane that gets pressured gets ganked hard, always get the kill on their carries because of teamwork, always kill their carries if unprotected.
Win 70% of games due to this, always stack ancients or jungle. Carry always has first item for flash farming with brown boots straight into TP. Smoke gank 3 times every game to kill or secure rosh at the levels we can take them with items depending on progress. (medalion of courage plebs is good for this sole reason) if safe or offlane was won.

Then your team of friends starts having issues when maybe someone feels off one day or makes a mistake and someone loses it and goes "omfg you fucking retard, why did you not gank for me? jesus christ you fucking suck you goddamn subhuman trash!"

Even close friends do this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=7uDdrtTq7ks

Watch that video, guy fucks up and his friend tries to explain, guy loses his shit and rages. These games foster hatred and anger on a level I've never seen before. Even COD isn't this fucking bad.

>REALISM
>MOBA
Sry dude, i forgot that we can't have fantasy games, everything has to be realistic. WW2 MOBA when?

I agree with op here, this genre is shit, and encourages the worst kind of ragers

seriously, some of the nastiest shit I ever heard people say was in moba games, like people talking about wanting to skullfuck and rape people for buying a wrong item

I didn't say we can't have fantasy, I said this cartoon ugly shit is garbage. Witcher 3 is fantasy and looks fucking gorgeous. Since when did Fantasy become synonymous with fucking ugly pixar looking cartoon shit?

To add, team always has mek or pipe + fast pushing, then active mid game ganking phase for pick offs. Counter item is always priority farmed, whether bkb or mkb so carry secures all easy kills, rod of atos purchased 50% of games since items are built around play style and heroes.

Hell there's even a web calculator that tells you the statistical odds for counterpicking, MOBAs aren't hard, they are just social games, so even when you do bad, you tell each other to chin up and you proceed to hang in there.

We even drop lanes in worst case scenarios to punish the weakest enemy lane for farming space.

I'd say MOBA games reveals the true autism in people.

Typical moba fans
youtube.com/watch?v=rF-CzyvHZT0

These people live among us too...

I don't think we have the same definitions of cartoon shit.

That's because these friends are a circle I recruited, and get kicked out on the ultra aggresive behaviour. We go through countless 5ths that learn the ins and outs, they may hit a supremely bad off day, we set limitations when enough is enough for them and repeated behaviour means they can fuck off.

Its a nanny time out mentality but it's the law around the group we made, gets shit done since more good times have outweighed the bad.

Bad runs happen, but we always have the numbers due to practice bot duo sessions. Like 2-3 matches to 1 game on bad runs, winning against ai is theurapetic after bad losses.

Agreed, this is the most autistic OP ive seen all month

Only difference between LoL and Dota shit, is Doa shit looks like clay, LoL shit looks like pixar and anime crap. Both fucking suck

I wanna Boink the Sproink

Did you ever play real video games, or watered down moba shit?

op is right, fuck mobas

I agree completely OP.

90% of the userbase of any given MOBAs are retards who are casuals and haven't played any real video game in even a semi serious manner in their entire life.

FUCK MOBAs and FUCK people who play them.

Fuck off shitlord

So now Dota 2 looks like clay, and not like cartoon shit? Changed the statment quite quickly there. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about, you played a game of Dota/League, got absolutely destroyed, were too stupid to get good, came here to Cred Forums and started shitposting. Get the fuck out.

I agree, hated the original DOTA maps in WC3 too. I once tried LOL with a friend and nearly fell asleep midround. I just don't get the appeal, it's like dumbed down real time strategy.

t. op

>Divinity Original Sin
>Skyrim

Granted they are mediocre games, but they both involve recipes, crafting item and gold to acquire new equipment.

YOU fuck off, Moba trash.

You know damn well what I mean. Compare the artstyle in dota 2 and lol to something like witcher 3 or fully modded skyrim. Mobas look like goddamn shit and goofy as fuck.

>fellow gamers

samefag

You are several years late. The moba fad is dead. Dota and lol are the only ones left and people who like that shit should be contained within those games.

They also don't involve farming against shit ai enemies for half an hour in a PVP GAME

Either this is some really good new bait or you're really just mad about losing a match

MOBA's have been a thing since WC3, longer than you've played games, obviously

And there will be games that take good gameplay elements of MOBA's like Overwatch and Battlememe

Tough fucking luck OP

>fellow gamers
Oh cool, that's not me

I-i still play heroes of the storm

I don't see the appeal of mobas, it's like a board game, but with enough action to make you wish the action was better, what's the fun part? It seems like it's only even non-frustrating if you're playing with friends as well

If you don't like a game, don't play it. MOBAs are big, but they're not big enough to invade all aspects of your gaming life. I legitimately do not understand the impetus behind this thread.

It isn't, they're still making that shit. Overwatch is the MOBAfication of shooters. The new Quake is going down the same road. Just wait, Doom 5 will come, and we'll be seeing no more doom guy, instead it'll be shit ass goof fake anime characters like "badass punk girl with rocket launcher and green hair" and "edgelord mcedgerson with a laser sword.

wow you guys dont care about games , only about rule 34 !! RUDE !

62 or 75 get

>posting anime weeaboo shit
>this totally doesn't invalidate my opinion because I totally don't have shit tastes

At this point I hate them because of the mentality. It's like console wars shit times three, they endless shill their stupid game everywhere, insist that nobody could possibly hate their game for any reason other than "being bad at it", defend every bad decision the devs make like their lives depend on it, just endless dick slurping to justify their addiction to a game that is almost the textbook definition of a Skinner box, even if the game has no paid content. Half the times even the developers have no idea what they're doing, there's zero theorycrafting involved and every patch is just a popularity contest. Riot was the worst about this but Valve jumped on the bandwagon too. Having played Dota 2 for four years, comeback gold is THE stupidest balance change I've ever seen in a video game, ever. No contest. I have never seen a single mechanics change singlehandedly fuck up a game that hard outside of shitty indie games like Plain Sight.

People thought the late 90's FPS boom was bad.

That was nothing compared to the gold rush of MOBAs these days

Something does need to be done, and the best I figure is just not buying or participating in the faggotry

Games like smite are getting a lot more players though.

>And there will be games that take good gameplay elements of MOBA's like Overwatch and Battlememe

What good gameplay elements did they take? Both those games fucking suck compared to real shooters. people only play those games to beat off to the shit female characters.

make a youtube video about it see if someone cares you fag

wait wtf did dota 2 do? haven't played in years

> calls himself a gamer
> doesn't support highest echelon of esport
fuckign retard

Sorry but you just haven't played Dota for longer than 10 games if you think any of this is relevant and comparable to League.
League is the poster child moba even though it's got the complexity of a flash game, and is the springboard for other mobas trying to grab cash.
Dota utilizes a lot of skills, including
>Time management
>Leadership
>Communication
>Micromanagement
>Macro-management (stacking, warding, scanning)
>A chess-like series of counter moves
Then you can go deeper
>Farming-specific builds
>10 minute push teams
>Efficiency flowcharts

Game's not fucking Starcraft but if you think it doesn't require strategy then you're just wrong.
If you play at the lowest skill level of any game you cannot possible develop a true understanding of everything the game entails. That'd be like playing Basketball with a bunch of fifth graders and asserting that "Everyone who plays this game is childish and weak!"

People don't play Super Panty Quest 4 XL, instead they prefer mobas.

roll

Nobody cares about your opinion, reddit

This moba shit is worse than the 90s when companies churned out nonstop bad street fighter and mortal kombat clones

Casual detected

it's obvious you've played long enough to speak about MOBAs so fluently
what game were you last decimated in lol

>Gamers
>boycotting anyone
lmao

>I have no skill so let's boycott them all.
kys

Mobas are not an esport. They barely take any real skill, it's all about abusing whatever champ and item is broken in that patch cycle. Like season 6 league with fucking assassins being built as goddamn tanks. Like Ekko, talk about a retard design. Have you ever seen a game where a character has like a billion gap closers, multiple slows, long range fucking aoe stuns that last like 3 seconds, does tons of damage, has a "oops I fucked up lemme do over" ult that also does absurd damage, AND can be built as a tank? Man, even dota doesn't allow that kind of fuckery. It's not like you can build drow full tank and destroy an entire team with her, you'd sacrifice damage if you did that.

They greatly increased the bounty you received by landing the killing blow on a hero that significantly outlevels you, or who has a high amount of kills without dying.

In other words, it's healthy for the game. Unlike League, Dota heroes have power spikes at particular points in the game. It might be possible to get fed early with an early game team and then snowball to victory if you don't make a series of mistakes.

Moreover, the comeback gold is at MOST 2000 gold, and that's in very extreme situations. Furthermore, anyone bitching about this probably has an average of 100 cs a game or has terrible farming efficiency.

>moba
>skill
kys

>a genre that defined esports for the last 5 years
>Mobas are not an esport
If you say so, random guy on the internet!

>League is not an eSport
>Therefore anything remotely close to League is not an eSport
League essentially started this eSport movement, anyways. It does take skill, but not strategy. A game balanced around trying to encourage people to purchase the latest hero is not a very good game, surprise.

Long story short, 6.81 had what they called a "deathball" meta, i.e. super fast push. Come 6.82, they did this ENORMOUS overreaction to it where they added a rubber-banding mechanic to kills and assists on gold and XP, in addition to changes that already nerfed pushing, like making fortify refresh on tier 1 destruction and increased tower armor. 6.82 was this awful shitstorm that last two weeks where you could win every game by picking 4 hard carries and a good initiator (something like Sniper, AM, Void, Medusa, Warlock) and win games just by losing for 10 minutes, then giving everyone a free Yasha from one ult.

They scaled it back, but it's still awful. The economy is super-inflated, kills are almost always worth 400+ gold each even if it's something like Slark versus a broke support, and the entire game is being reworked around it patch by patch. Every OP hero has been a braindead rightclicker or a cool hero overbuffed into working as one (OD, Enchantress, Invoker, etc.)

I last played LoL months ago and got fed up with the bullshit tank assassins and them ruining adc. Nothing more fun than owning people bot lane then having to die to shit like Zed who can gap close down the fucking lane at you and even flash and shit doesn't stop his ass. You have to pray your team covers for you, and even then he likely would kill you before dying. Fucking bullshit.

>just dodge his shurikens lolol

Yeah too bad he just ults you, hits e once and you die due to his stupid ass damage.

Sorry you fucking casuals. You know I'm right that's why you're mad. MOBAs are made to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

>can't get good even though mobas require little to no skill
LOL
kys

LoL needs a new engine and a new client. The game is outdated in terms of presentation.

Arc Warden, Omniknight, Elder Titan and Beastmaster are all shitty right clickers, right? I haven't been paying any attention, but I am shitposting on a thread dedicated to the destruction of mobas. Fuck this game.

Oh man that era fucking sucked. I kind of love how bad some of those clones were though

The Neo Geo might have been worth getting if it had anything other than shitty fighting games like pic related

Power spikes are the exact reason that rubber banding gold like it's an objective scale of power is such a bad idea in Dota. I could see it working in League or some shit where you have AP scaling, a semicarry that's good at getting solo kills is now an acceptable substitute for actually farming if you can find one weak link in the enemy team. Not to mention, if you farm well yourself, you're now a pinata full of gold that the enemy team can get 700 gold per kill each off of. Oh, except now Dota does have int spell power scaling, and it still fucking sucks because all it does is buff caster-carries like Tinker, OD, and Ench.

I mean, I hate MOBAs and I think they have too much negative influence on industry, but why would people who like them boycott they because you want then to? Fuck off. You don't like it, don't play it. Leave other players alone. It's that simple.

Some esport, this last season they added some rng shit to the dragons, which was a huge part of the game. The fuck kind of esport adds random luck shit in the middle of a damn season and forces pros to get used to it?

theyre good, the community is very horrible tho. full of little bitches who will afk if u die once, or just troll feed because "xd" or some other stupid shit constantly.

I stopped playing MOBAs because I got bored of them. Does that mean I'm in your super cool club for awesome cool kids, OP?

Dota is full of rng.

>Oh, except now Dota does have int spell power scaling,

WTF? Dota added that ability scaling from League now? Wouldn't Invoker just one shot people late game?

so much effort for dogshit post, becasue of dota I dropped cs 1.6, had around 1200 hours on steam account and thousands more on non-steam as kid. Game is so complex and you just want to get better every time, I am addicted to dota

Obviously they're not gonna be ALL right clickers, but that's the general trend when it's not an all-caster meta like 6.84, and even then was all snowballing carry-caster shit like Storm, Lina, and Leshrac. Otherwise, it's been Troll, Jugg, Sniper, right click Invoker with forge spirits, OD, Ench, Slark. I don't even give a shit how broken it is in competitive, it's not fun to get an early advantage and have to camp outside the enemy base for 20 minutes where one screwup and 3 kills from the losing side is a lost game just because they have more carries.

>lol started the esports movement
This couldn't be more wrong. Starcraft BW was the first popular esport.

There were some old arena shooters like quake that technically had "pros" but Starcraft was the first video game somebody could play professionally abd live off of it

I never heard of Dota completely reworking how roshan works in the middle of a season and adding luck based shit to it

>tfw you will never be accepted into OP's super cool club because you have slightly different opinion
>tfw sonyggers are already full
why even live at this point

Magic scaling in almost every situation negates at most the 25% base magic resistance. If you're that worried about it, get Rubick or Pipe. Jesus.
I'd also like to say that comeback gold is a reward for overcoming a significant challenge. Few patches ago, some asshole could be fed and you'd get 500, 600 gold for killing him, and likely could've made more gold from just farming than dedicating smokes and wards to find this guy and take him out.
It was about income distribution. It was too easy to stay on top even if you lost 3 fights in a row with a fed motherfucker. Still is, actually, but to a much lesser extent.

>I dropped a well made shooter to play a watered down rts for kids

That's just sad.

Even better, intelligence now scales your percentage spell damage output, including pure and physical damage. There's also a 5k-6k gold item called Octarine Core that gives CDR and spell vamp. I'm not joking. It doesn't even have an active. They also added a rune (Arcane) that does the same.

They did give him an RNG-based respawn timer and severely shortened the duration of the aegis.

>stop creating the games I don't like

No, this is on the same level as trying to ban videogames that have women in them that actually look like human beings. If you don't want mobas to be produced - don't play them and don't give the producers your money. But guess what? They still will be made, because it is no longer a matter of how much money it generates via cash shops. As long as the idea can attract investors (the suits) - it will still happen. So the best you can do and tell your friends not to blow their money on LoL skins and runepages or Dota 2 keys. But like hell they'll listen to you because they are fucking idiots and don't understand the concept of voting with your money. Because if people did, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Idiots that don't understand the value of their money tossing it around freely.

>I call upon my fellow gamers to boycott them all
You are this gay.

MMO exists. Any MMO is much worse cancer than any MOBA. Prove me wrong.

Both genres are aids tho.

Well I started with warcraft dota around 2009, whats wrong with that? You dont like warcraft ? :v)

Yes. Now do your part, tell your friends and family to not play mobas, and uninstall any mobas you see on their pcs.

Eh, the hype is over, they're not overcrowding the market like they were a couple years ago

other games have healthy multiplayers these days

and there are more people on Earth than ever and more gamers, as well

Ignoring it is the best option

Starcraft was popular but was it ~50 million popular? You know what I fucking mean, dude. There was never more than 5 figures of money in competitive quake or SC.
No, it's a very small scale based off of intellect and one item (that is not effective late game) designed to keep mids in power for around 10 minutes longer than they used to.
They are still quickly outpaced by a carry farming efficiently.

Aww, he thinks he matters! Well, you can do it, champ. I believe in you.

Also
>us gamers

>There's also a 5k-6k gold item called Octarine Core that gives CDR and spell vamp

wow, sounds like a HoN or LoL item

Hey Dotababs!

If your game is so good, then tell me your favorite DotA Hero and LoL Champion. Mine are Rooftrellen and Nami. We should get along against faggots like OP instead of fighting one another.

Awaiting 404 and OP warning/ban.

But it's not necessarily a significant challenge. There are heroes that are VERY good at getting kills from behind, like Lina or Windranger, and there are heroes that can very easily teamwipe from behind as well (ES, Enigma, Tidehunter), and given that memeback gold is all in assists, you feed your carries by proxy. Also playing support these days is absolutely fucking impossible, because instead of becoming irrelevant beyond your CC at 35, it's now 15 because of economic inflation, so there's some PA with an armlet and vanguard rolling around triple-critting you while diving you to fountain.

>stop creating games that I don't like
So this is what autism is like.

You mean like the bans you moba shitters get in your games when you inevitably lose your frame and rage at someone and threaten to murder/rape them?

dota fixes all those problems though

Woah dude you're pretty violent

>stop creating games that are awful, bring out the worst in people, and aren't even fun

Yeah, and that's bad, why?

No, it didn't.

I'd rather boycott the RTS genre so it finally dies.

I don't play mobas.

If you are playing a carry against Lina or Windrunner, get fed, and don't have to foresight to get Linkens or BKB, that's on you.
It's not coddling. It's about punishing dumbass mistakes. Anyone with more game sense would be able to negate simple things like Lina one-shotting you and shit.
I'll concede support kind of sucks but the role has always been about facilitating gold to the carry. If you have two supports it's not bad, but in pubs nobody has any game sense and often get a fucking jungler.

>40k
>no bright colours would be ideal

You are just a troll, but you're doing it right. There's a shitload of replies.

Also
>stop liking what I don't like

Not me, you. That's the stuff you moba fans do. I've played these games, I've seen how you react when things don't go your way. Someone dies, or makes a mistake, out come the personal insults.

My favorites are Jarvan IV and Abaddon. Both are pretty much irrelevant in their respective games as the former has been nerfed into the ground and no longer fits the current "metagame" and the latter is outclassed by actual dedicated supports or carries that have crowd control and buffs that help the team and not themselves. And building Abaddon as a carry is keks.

>complaining about graphics of a game

I thought you had to be over 18 to post here

ur retard

>No, it didn't.
yea it did. all those problems you describe are of every quick cash moba that came after dota. and it will be true of every overwatch copy cat, such as paladins and battleborn which are garbage.

Dow 1 and 2 were grimdark, 3 looks like fucking league of legends.

youtube.com/watch?v=pnHX9T6DNq4

Why hasn't anyone made a MOBA H-game?

If they draft a bunch of carries and you don't draft a team that can actually end fast enough then that is your fault, not the damn game's.

i'll pick Hittler, get the SS trooper and lets go with Stalin to the bottom bunker.

>your retard
>you are retard

>defending horrendous artstyles and character designs
>not having a refined sense of aesthetics

I guess you moba fans like any pigslop handed to you huh? Then again, you guys think this is a good character design.

You're right, just look at OP

Who fucking said I am bad at moba shit, you insecure mobashitter

LOL

>WE

the fact that you are being assblasted by them is the proof that mobas have already won and mobas are not really threats to the industry because there are only few of them which are still running and new mobas hardly survive so i don't know how did you got that idea that devs keep on making them,
true threat is fps, there are a lot of fps games in the market and non indie games go for fps games not mobas because everyone know that if someone want to play mobas he will go play dota or lol so its fucking wasted investment

Rollan.

You really wanna farm for 30 minutes before you can rape bitches?

>All moba players are League players
Dota had a decent art style before it was ruined with aesthetics and hats. There's also a decent amount of lore behind it that is well-written by game standards, even a world map.

I dunno man. That sounds a lot like effort.

>yeah hooray op you are a cool guy and right, I bet you have a big dick too

t. samefag

Helps with edging

MOBAs are infecting shooters now. That's the problem. they're gonna spread their vile corruption to other genres now. They ruined MMOs too, look at WoW. The infamous skill pruning was Blizzard trying to make the pvp more like a fucking shit MOBA. Because these imbeciles get confused by having more than 5 skills.

ura also retard boi

Hoping for something good.

it's like saying Shakespeare was fucking garbage because he inspired thoasands and everyone is like Shakespeare now

The lore is shit, it leads to nowhere. LoL had lore too, it lead to nothing. You want lore, play an rpg, those have an actual beginning middle and end. Not "Destro the Hero Killer enters the league of defense of the tower of legends to get revenge on this other adc he hates a ton" which never gets resolved or leads to shit besides "omg, he has like 5 lines of dialogue towards some other characters!"

Maybe if more people purchased games that are deeply complex, have a huge learning curve, turn out to be profitable and marketed successfully to a market of millions and millions of people then all games could be as complex and niche as your avant-garde tastes require!
Fucking baby. You don't have to play these kinds of games, you know.
WoW has been marketed to soccer moms and kids for ages. Anyone trying to argue that it is for hardcore gamers has been misguided since the end of the Ulduar patch, for certain.

Shakespeare didn't ruin writing and storytelling. Mobas are ruining games.

People use macros on wow anyway.

Actually there are pages of lore included the history of the universe, where the creeps came from, entire languages ... That sort of thing. It all culminates in the 5v5 battle, which is "THE battle" between the Radiant and the Dire in Dota. Better than Skyrim retcons and lazy political trite League had to come up with.

Dota is a game made for casuals and hardcore players, by hardcore I dont mean some E3 bullshit "TRUE HARDCORE GAYMER" with 20 hours of game time.

To really get good in Dota, you have to invest thousands of hours to really enjoy the game. Game is here since 2003 and the audience is much older then other games, mostly because they cant survive more than 10 years (I think CS:GO has even more mature audience)

People threat dota as a competitive game, like a competitive sport. The game is balanced around competitive matches. Not around public opinion. (Im not talking about Valve adding casual stuff or custom maps, just Dota.)

If you ask a Dota player how many games he plays, well, the answer will mostly be "I just play Dota dude", it just never gets boring and is so adictive that you have to play more and more.

If I we talk in long-run, I dont see myself abandoning Dota or computer games, audience will be more mature, more people will play it, celebrities will get involved like in real sports. (I know in Dota that Jeremy Lin and Asa Butterfield are the most known guys that play the game daily and promote the game in interviews and tournaments, obligatory "HODOR" at Manila Dota tournament).
This means more money will be invested to the games and so on.

To close this "blog", it is never late to play dota, better now than 10 years later

>Fucking baby. You don't have to play these kinds of games, you know.

I know that, problem is these other people keep giving them money. Which is why we need to take a stand. Uninstall any mobas you see on other people's pcs, be it friends, family or coworkers. Downvote any moba videos you see. And any topic that paints mobas in a positive light, derail that shit.

Shakespeare was actually writing shit for simpletons and he is shit, you are right about that. He's the equivalent of hollywood blockbusters of his time, writing about sex and wanton violence.

I don't know how people stay addicted to MOBAs. I got tired of Overwatch despite ranked games being shorter than your average League or Dota game. It's just so frustrating when so much is out of your control due to others on your team. Keep in mind I ended on SR75 before you call me terrible. I have way more fun playing other games competitively like fighters. Even if I lose, the reasons are clear and I can't pin the blame on somebody else, and the improvements you make are much more visible.

>DotA
Meepo the Geomancer. I have like 600 games played as him.

>LoL
New Gangplank. He's an edgy faggot but he's fucking entertaining. Captain Skin only, though. Fuck that FATPLANK garbage.

>Don't get comfortable in my absence.

If you want good story you play witcher, not elder scrolls.
It has good lore but it's ingame actualization is non existent.

Mobas have the worst fucking cancerous community i've ever seen in all the fucking games i've played.

The 5v5 battle which ultimately means jack shit because the stories never evolve. Meanwhile Witcher 3, Geralt's story actually evolves and continues and has tangible results. Not "omg, here's some shitty skin showing what would happen if geralt became a demon lolol"

God, this art reaks of western anime..

>Stop liking what I don't like!
>Actively be a dick to other human beings for liking something I don't like!
>Join the hivemind I am proposing
No thanks, I'm enjoying Dota just like I enjoy SC2. It's just a different kind of game. If you keep holding it to the standards of other genres then you're just going to disappoint yourself.
>WTF in checkers I can jump any piece diagonally. Fuck this chess bullshit. I'm destroying your pieces.
Idiot.

MOBA died in 2006 and should've stayed dead.

Just don't play them and ignore everything about them, works for me

Dota 2 is great. I no longer play it but I love watching the tournaments.

Its our job to make sure to send it back to the grave.

>The game is balanced around competitive matches. Not around public opinion.

Are you autistic or what

>SR 75
So you were in the top 1%? Because the game actually wasn't shit at that rating, because almost everyone was competent and communicated.
Well, it's not a roleplaying game. There isn't much story in Forza but it's still a functional game, no? And League's artstyle is fucking horrible. Dota tried, honest.
>Posts about how horrible MOBA communities are in a thread dedicated to bashing MOBA communities
The irony is lost on you cattle, I'm sure.

anyone with some sense knows not to touch the mmo bg that is the moba genre. its just frustration leading to satisfying rewards in a skinner box. Its a normie milker.

Ehm, thats true and known fact, he balacnes the game around competitive dota for years, why Im autistic again?

I know this from experience. I was once a League player like these moba fans believe it or not. But it wears thin. Even queuing for a match is a pain in the ass. You can't just log in and play, no, you gotta consider so many factors:

>this guy has an odd name referencing memes or feces, better dodge
>thee two guys are fighting in champ select, better dodge
>this guy is saying to let him pick some flavor of the month champ and he'll 'totally pwn the enemy laner" better dodge
>this guy wants to use some popular champ that is hard to use better dodge
>this one teammate is acting odd, better dodge
>my support is really silent nd not talking at all, better dodge
>jungler took too long to take smite in select, is prolly a goofball who doesn't even jungle, better dodge

To even get a decent game of league you gotta dodge like 90% of the games desu.

I have a concept I've been working on for a little while.

What if, you didn't play games you didn't enjoy and stopped giving a shit about what other people enjoy?

Shitter stuck in bronze/silver/gold. Get aids cancer faggot, Cred Forums hates on mobas because they take skill and good players can style on shitters and make them realize what a terrible subhuman low IQ snail reaction time shitters they truly are.

diamond 1 master race, leveling a smurf right now. Stay salty nu-male cucks, go play your pixelated indie games haahahahaha.

ggez get cancer.

I haven't logged into League since they gave me a 20 minute pre-match penalty for leaving two games.

I hate how you're penalized so bad for games that are a lost cause.

>Get a game with 4 Chinese players doing a pre-made
>As usual, the Chinese players on NA are fucking horrendous garbage
>Get another game supporting an ADC that obviously purchased his account

OUTRAGEOUS
HEINOUS
I'M UP IN ARMS, HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT, YOU SACK OF MAGNANIMOUS ASSSSSSSSSS

MOBAs just need to remove a visible rating system, so that delusional retards like this guy don't have a way to vent their insecurities.

I have an idea. How about you stop playing and supporting shit games and play actual good ones? Buy Dark Souls 3 and do some pvp in that, fuck playing a moba.

>>>>>>>>unranked

Nice OC, I'm totally stealing it

>mains zed and yasuo

I can tell you're one of those "nothing personell kid" types. Zed and yas mains are the fucking worst. Fucking weebs thinking using some jap anime edgeshit character makes them a badass, go fuck yourself faggot.

cry me a river low elo cancer kid, go cry on boards how the game is unbalanced, how x needs buffs and y needs nerfs like you subhumans do for the past years, I didn't waste my time on boards QQ'ing like beta faggots, I got gud and raped my way to diamond 1 and this season I will rape my way to master or get raped trying.

mobas are one of the best genres of gaming, they bring back the original gaming culture of the arcade halls, competition, skill and earned respect.

Eat shit you trash, you are low IQ and low elo and thus I don't give a fuck about you :)

gg2ez get cancer.

>Dark Souls 3

>complains about cartoony graphics
user, you realize most games that try to go for "realism" tank horribly right? Not everyone has a Fagmaster9000x computer that their parents purchased for them.

>complains about fantasy characters
It's a video game...

>no story
No one gives a shit about the lore of a PvP based game. Also, you're wrong. There's hundreds of pages of lore for LoL that people don't care about or read.

>complains about farming AI
What do you propose? Starting off at max level with the best gear?

>Everyone dies fast
Maybe in the lowest ranks where everyone just smashes their dicks on the keyboard without any map awareness or thought put into fights.

>Complains about late game fights
Read the above. Use map awareness and don't be stupid.

>Entirely dependent on others to win
Wrong. Dead wrong.

>Says game has shit balancing then says the game gets constant buff/nerf patches
The irony.

>No build freedom
Uh, do you use the champion.gg build every single time you play a champ?

>Hard to see shit
Maybe you need glasses?

>Shitty music/voice acting
Your opinion is fact?

You honestly sound like someone who is angry that they're stuck in Bronze/Silver of League and you came here to say all MOBAs are bad.

>gender switched vegeta with blue skin and tits

Shit character designs.

And? The pvp in that takes skill, unlike shit ass mobas.

Show your actual rank then, and not your character mastery. Fucking scrub, I stomped trash like you in League using Illaoi and just button mashing.

user if you have to put that many qualifiers ahead of your accusation you can't really call it a ripoff

Why do you care so much? There are thousands of games and maybe like 10 MOBA's, only 4 of which are relevant.

I don't even fucking play League you fag.

The typical Silver game

>EVERYONE MID
>GO MID NOW EVERYONE MID
>Everyone runs around for 3 minutes tacked into a tight little ball
>Neither teams are placing wards or even trying to get map awareness
>A malph or amumu runs in and ults
>"OMG THIS GAME'S SO FUCKING STUPID EVERYONE DIES TOO EASY"
>"Report my team for throwing"

Sounds about right.

hahah cry me a river motherfucker, I started playing league 1 week before Zed got released, have mained zed and yasuo (when he got released) for 3+- years. It doesn't matter how many times you casual shitters cry about nerfs, I always dominate my way to diamond 1 with these two champions, I had 57% win rate with zed when he had global winrate of 42% :)

Stay jelly you low elo casual shitter. Soon Assassin rework will make Talon another outplay high skill champion like Zed and Yasuo and I will have more fun 1 shotting shitters like you and sending you to the boards crying for nerfs.

I am 24, 6'3", ripped and I don't care about weebs or japan, I play agile low defense FAST HIGH OFFENSE MELEE characters in most games I play, because that sub-class takes the highest skill out of any playstyle.

Also, my build is always GLASS CANNON, 100% offensive items (even the boots), 0 defense. Git gud shitter.

gg ez get cancer.

realism>>>>>>>>>>>>>gay ass fake anime pixar shit

overwatch is ugly for the same reason, fuck that shit artstyle and so many game devs using it, uncreative untalented fucking hacks that can't draw for shit

You sound like a SJW.

>The threat is real, and we need to stop it. What threat? White males. Those people have polluted the game industry long enough, and they need to fucking stop. White males are the worst kind of people to ever have been created

Shit ripoff mishmash of wow goblin females and rini from sailor moon

>I DON'T FUCKING LIKE THIS GAME SO THE GAME IS SHIT AND MY OPINIONS ARE FACTS. ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS RACIST AND PREFERS COMMUNISM.

This is obviously trolling. And damn good too, dude's putting in the work.

Faggot, pick that weeb shit, pick that edgelord shit. I'll farm up and one shot your sorry ass with Jhin lategame

>b-b-but muh ult, muh stealth

Good luck ulting my ass when I'm all the way down the lane ulting your shit team and ripping them to shreds.

>24 and ripped and 6'3"

Nigga I'm 25, 6'6", and SHREDDED. Ripped is for bitches, shredded is for real men. I have only 2% bodyfat and the cheekbones of a diamond mine.

Nah, that's what League does to someone when they spend 1,000 games in Bronze and they can't climb out.

>Pic related, it's me and my bitch. She just blew me. Shit was so cash.

>tfw I've been browsing Cred Forums longer than this guy has been an adult

No, moba fans sound like sjws. Notice I said to boycott the game, moba fans threaten to murder and sexually assault people in their games. Which is an sjw thing, they get mad and threaten to kill and rape people.

lmao tumblr nerd

>hurr

First it was FPS
Now it's MOBA

It's already dying you mong.

Everything looks shiny and weird, even when they meleeeverything shines about.

I honestly don't know, maybe its us that are wrong, maybe its us that want something gritty looking that panders to no one but us.

I am sure this will the last nail in the 40k rts coffin if this one flops.

If you were shredded and strong irl, you would play melee heroes in game, but play ranged beta virgins and a sniper as that, you pussy! The reason I main assassins is to 1 shot you motherfucking ADC cancers, your role is too powerful and shapes the entire meta for every season.

ADC main faggot.

Also you cannot play with a draven on your tea, they always fucking throw, ALWAYS

>our draven dies once after getting 5 kills
>"run it down mid!"

well now you're just doing it on purpose

I play adc because mankind evolved to use guns to pick off stupid people who still use melee weapons in the 21st century. A sniper is the ultimate and pinnacle of masculinity, a man reaching his full potential to kill others from long distances. Everytime I use Jhin and ult, it's like me symbolically and figuratively cumming in the face of my enemies.

Tyler1 4lyfe.

I dont know about the dying part but Dota 2 and LoL number in interm of tournaments,popularity,viewres on streaming site,coccurent players,.... keep getting bigger and bigger

Taliyah is a complete ripoff of Toph from Avatar. All they did was take Toph and made her some ugly muslim bitch with a big nose.

I see, your perspective is different from mine, but I can see your reasoning. I can't adopt the path of the gunz, I need the blades, killing people from ranged just doesn't feel the same, impaling them with blades, forcing the blade in them, ripping them open, making them gape, it is as if a part of my body is doing that, the blade is part of me... It is like raping them with my metalic penis.

Live and die by the blade.

Mobas getting more popular and other genres adapting their shit features. Even fucking Quake is becoming a moba now:

youtube.com/watch?v=-UhHcEiegb8

Fucking generic league of legends esque pink girl with neon hair anime shit.

That's quite true.

Not sure if this is a bait or if OP is actually this pathetic of a human being.

LoL and Dota2 will dominate the e-sport scene for a long time well in to the future. Maybe Quake:Champions will make shooters more popular, but we will have to wait and see, the only shooter that has been able to barely compete is CS:GO.

Rofl @ Overwatch.

I bet you're as pale as the motherfuckers you see on the streams we all make fun of, I'm laughing so hard at you right now for thinking you're special

Jhin says it best:

>"Each bullet is a piece of my soul. Each shot is a piece of me."

>"I want to feel everything. The gun makes it so I do."

People who hate mobas can never appreciate the feeling and sensation of killing others.

Quake Champions is a moba shooter like overwatch. It's infecting shooters...

Nah, Quake Champions isn't moba, it isn't even a class based shooter. Weapons and movement are open for everyone, the abilities are high cooldown low impact abilities that flesh out certain gameplay and every hero has just 1 ability rofl. The game is still arenashooter, but with a stylish paint over it to lure in new players, idsoftware knows what they are doing, trust in Quake Champions bro.

You do realize she was designed waaaaaaay back in Warcraft times of yore.

But you wouldn't know that cus you're on Cred Forums.

Nope, it isn't, I thought that too, but Quake con changed my mind.

>I call upon my fellow gamers

>Nah, Quake Champions isn't moba, it isn't even a class based shooter

Wrong, it is:

gamespot.com/articles/watch-quakes-original-designer-talk-about-quake-ch/1100-6442161/

He goes on to discuss the game's newest feature: Champions. These hero characters are designed to cater to the different styles of play that have emerged in Quake over the years. Each of these characters have a special Active Ability that provides depth and improve team dynamics.

One of the champions.

One of the characters is a fucking punk girl with neon hair. It is infecting shooters. That shit is LoL tier design.

Man, I don't think I have ever seen someone triggered by an entire game genre before.

I am not special, I am just a normal gamer that actually plays games, not the brain dead low IQ nu-male 0 libido fat losers that invaded gaming and lowered the quality. Games = competitive in nature. Game origin = arcade halls.

If you are fat, you are not a real gamer. Real gamers compete in games and in real life, they keep their body and mind healthy and strong so they perform to their capability in games. Now you can take this to the pro level or keep it as a hobby, I kept it as a hobby, but the core foundation should be the same for all real gamers, be they pro or not.

Fat losers, nu-male cucks who hate competition and interactive movie cancers are the cancer that ruin gaming.

>gamespot.com/articles/watch-quakes-original-designer-talk-about-quake-ch/1100-6442161/

Why are you linking an outdated link to a trailer? If you didn't keep up with quake con, then you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, fuck off nigger.

Yeah man, Quake doesn't have unrealistic hair colors!!!!1 Look at this LoL tier shit.

That character is fucking moba shit, why are you dodging it?

forgot pic:

That's not a punk girl with neon blue hair.

YEAH MAN! FUCK BLUE HAIR! QUAKE NEVER HAD MOBA TIER SHIT IN IT!!!

LOOK AT THIS, LOOKS TOTALLY REALISTIC QUAKE BRO! WHY CANT THEY JUST GIVE US SINGLEPLAYER LOVECRAFTIAN QUAKE AGAIN? WHY ARE WE ALWAYS SUCH KEKS AND GET SHIT ON BRO? WHY BRO?

>unrealistic red hair color is ok
>unrealistic blue hair color is not ok

literally autism, neck yourself irl faggot.

That hair color is not unrealistic, neon blue is. The new character is a sickdark jinx from LoL.

>I've never seen a woman with redhair in real life

sad, really. That red hair color is not natural you fucktard.

you are kinda like those faggots that think everything is invented by LoL
>A reptile man, thats so LoL!
>Black mage, thats the guy from LoL!
>A little angry and powerful girl! thats that one kid from LoL!
even worse is that you hate it, it`s even dumber than fanboyism
They are chinese, they copy everything lad, not the other way around

Source?

loli tiddy with big halbard

You are talking about balancing with players that don't know how to play, the mechanics are still fine and it's your fault for CHOOSING to play without others that know what they are doing.

People are the random factor not the game you pleb, get good and get social.

don't bother with him, he spoke his words like a true loser not knowing what exactly is going wrong while he plays.

>Everyone should stop playing this thing i dont like, even if you like it, because i think it's bad and people shouldnt like things i dont like.

You just need to learn to not care about things you dont like. You arent forced to play them, and if your friends force you to play them you shod man up and tell them no or get new friends.

>shitty goofy cartoony/pesudo anime artstyles
- Depends from game to game

>retarded looking character designs that are incoherent with one another(ie. fantasy knights fighting futuristic soldiers fighting dragons fighting western gunslingers, etc)
- Again, depends from game to game but devs are usually trying to keep some consistency when it comes to design (unless you're talking about skins which I understand but having all skins look kinda the same would make them boring)

>no stories at all whatsoever beyond "this character has a dark and mysterious past, and they fight cuz reasons"
- They are multiplayer-based games, they don't need stories.

>entire gameplay comprises boring fucking farming against shit ai enemies for half an hour, culminating in big fights against players that last 5 seconds as everyone dies fast
- Same way FPS games consists of shooting at other people untill match ends.

>can do well all game then lose because a single teamfight fucks around and gets caught by the enemy team lategame
- Depends on how far are you into the game. The more game lasts - the more powerful your characters are - the easier is to destroy enemy base. It's kinda countermeasure for games that would take forever to finish.

>entirely dependent on others to win, even if you decimate your lane opponent or kill others, all it takes is one retard on your team to ruin it
- Completely agree

>shit balancing, revolving door of nerfs and buffs
- Yes

>pointless item systems where you must do the "right" build, no real build freedom
- Depends from game to game and it's mechanics. Sometimes unusual builds work but they are mostly dictated by meta (which is enforced by elitist players).

>tiny character models due to the isometric view most of these games use, making it hard to see shit
- It plays like RTS because they are strategic games at it's core.

>Dota had a decent art style before it was ruined with aesthetics
>ruined with aesthetics

I thought the rape of the word "aesthetics" was over, but it's finally reached the stage where it's no longer ironic but simply kids who don't know what the word means.

Most of Cred Forums hates mobas, which is why we drove their fanbases off to /vg/. Or were you not here for the daily "LoL/Dota 2 is better than shitty ass Dota 2/LoL" threads?

>it's a people try to say DOTA 2 isn't like League episode
At least people that play LoL accept it's shit, I can't believe people try to delude themselves into thinking DOTA 2 is anything but shit too.

Should I also boycott Grim Dawn Baldurs gate and all isometric RPGs?
They're single player mobas.
And boycott Overwatch cause its a first person Moba.
And boycott skyrim morrowind and oblivion and the witcher series because you can use third person perspectice and they have abilities.

Im just glad mmos have fallen out of favor

i too am not a fan of having to wait till its okay with other people before i start playing.

fuck that shit and the worst people play them with the mindset being if you know basically what to do in the game it automatically makes you an authority on strategy games and everything else.

kill em all

Don't care post porn

MOBAs and shooters are the only genres worth playing, they aren't overpriced, they aren't overhyped, the online multiplayer is fun, the gameplay is challenging.
Fuck you and your "le niche gaming meme xd xd"

>ITT autistic OP and MOBAshitters argue over a shit godawful genre

>boycotting something you've never used
>boycotting something that majorly consists of f2p games
>boycotting something that has a majority playerbase in nations outside the USA

you could just ignore it

>The threat is real, and we need to stop it.

No, it's not. MOBAs have been dying since 2013.

There's nothing threatening this industry, because everything has gone to fucking shit. Bad games aren't a surprise, they're the norm.

Instead of
>2017 is coming, I hope there will be no bad games this year
it's
>2017 is coming, I hope there will be at least a good game or two

We live in times in which normies forget what gameplay is and quarrel if story is more important than graphics. Shit like Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Journey and The Witcher 3 gets GOTY awards. Bad companies don't try new IPs even if their games aren't successful, they just pump out Watch Dogs 2 even though 1 was a catastrophe. Todd gets away with his shit, fucking retards defend Konami.

And yet little faggots like OP think that "OH NOE LE MOBAS ARE POLLUTING OUR GREAT INDUSTRY"

I'm gonna ve 23 next month.
Feels weird.

You're about seven years too late.

Also, you're retarded.

Someone...help me

There is no saving

>stop having fun guaize

Not gonna read that. Fuck off.

Right...
Someone help YOU....