New vegas or Fallout 3

Both game of the year editions. Who deserves my hard earned 15 dollars ?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

new vegas has better dlc so i'd get that if you're getting the GOTY edition.

I'd say 3 hands down, but prepare for contrarian Cred Forums to shill NV.

Tale of two wastelands?

My only gripe is I hear NV crashes alot, how true is that ?

Fallout 3. NV is still a full of glitches that will crash your game

Why hands down ? I havent played any fallout and I want to try one.

They both crash quite a bit user.

Even on a Ps3 ?

What the fuck, am I on bizarro Cred Forums?
Both the games are buggy clusterfucks but NV has
>More content
>Higher level cap
>Better story
>Better worldbuilding
>More creatures
>More dungeons
>More viable skillbuilds
>Considerably less RNG
>Significantly better DLC (the only good in F3 is Point Lookout)
You people are crazy. New Vegas is eons better than Fallout 3's epic cinematic shooter experience.

Oh, on console, not so much. However you are giving up a great deal of replay value (not all) Without mods.

Yeah because everyone should just shovel the most popular shit down their throats regardless of quality.

Probably because that poster is a 7th gen babby faggot who's first Fallout game was Fallout 3, thus it is the best one.

New Vegas is a better game with a much better story.

More than on PC with unofficial patch and 4gb loader. Ps3 version is notorious for runing saves with save bloat too.

Don't listen to this guy, he's in every fallout thread claiming NV is gold
Get 3

New Vegas if you're on PC.
Neither if you're not on PC.

Get Fallout 3 if you want endless subway tunnels and a main story so absolutely retarded you have to sit back and ask how someone got paid money to write something so fucking retarded.

New Vegas.

New Vegas

My first Fallout game was Fallout 3 and NV just blows it out of the water in every regard.

I'd even go as fat as to say that NV is one of the best RPGs of the previous gen.

Not him. NV is better than Fallout 3 in every conceivable way unless you really fucking like Liam Neeson and "muh destiny" plot arcs and set pieces like Arefu and Republic of Dave.

Games fucking shit. There are so many inconsistencies in the plot and world. 3 is the subhuman choice.

New Vegas is the best bethesda-style game, and bethesda didn't even make it.

FO3 isn't as bad as Cred Forums says, but NV beats it easily.

Is NV closer to the "real fallout experiance" than 3 ?

I just want more fps rpg games, is the newer fallout games really the only ones doing that genre mix?

New Vegas if you want a good rpg.

Fallout 3 is you want a bethesda game.

It was true when it came out to an extent. Not so much now. New Vegas has better mod options too. DEIMOS is cool and so is Beyond Boulder Dome. Rockwell Pursuit is cool too if a little ridiculous.

>Play Fallout 3
>Shooting is pretty terrible and is primary thing you do
>Drop game not even 10% through because of how bored I am
>Play Fallout New Vegas next
>Years later I've already put in a couple hundred hours into it with mods

Go with NV

Ever play STALKER?

>Is a game developed by the developers of the original Fallout games more closely related to the series than a game developed by a team who purchased the IP and has henceforth made any and all original Fallout fans angry?
You tell me, man.

Yes, by far.

3 if you think story/worldbuilding is more important than gameplay.

NV if vice versa.

But NV has better story and worldbuilding.

Fucking shoot me.

You can't really go wrong, but I found myself overall more pleased with the storytelling and variety found in NV. 3 didn't really captivate me well enough to keep my playership throughout the game.

I like the world in Fallout 3 as a more apocalyptic world besides that it has nothing over NV.

The Capital Wasteland is like Africa. They cant farm shit because bad land, giant beasts, and militant groups so in turn they haven't really grown much and they still struggle.

How the fuck is the story and worldbuilding better in 3?
There's tons of incosistencies in the story and the world itself is completely retarded.

While in NV, say what you want about the storylines, the world actually makes sense, with trade routes and farms and outposts and stuff.

Thinking more of unlocking skills and such.
stalker is 2spoopy

I re-installed NV last week and followed the step project guide to mod it. 200 hours in and have yet to experience a single crash. I don't know what wizardry is this but, I like it so far.

It's more like 1spoopy. Spoopiness isn't a major part of the game. Definitely the best part of the game is when you're starting out and you're nothing really special compared to the NPC stalkers. Like, you're taking odd jobs, you have a vague goal, you're homeless and have shit weapons.

As a cunt who loved fallout 3 for years, get new Vegas.

Alrighty, I'll give New Vegas my money

>Fallout 3 as a more apocalyptic world
The action of F3 takes place 200 years after the war.
I somehow find it doubtful that within such long period survivors and their offspring who were familiar with pre-war civilisation and technology are unable to form societies that are something beyond your typical fallout 3 savage paedophile rapist cannibal tribes.

wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas

This is what I used, mind you on the first time, is going to take you a few hours to get around doing all of it.

Africa's been Africa a long time and they can't do shit either because of their environment, animals (Super Mutants), and warlords (Raiders), even if missionaries (Brotherhood of Steel) come to help.