Is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a good game or just a meme?

Is Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a good game or just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VnracFjiC_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd say its worth buying on sale, it's alright

meme next question.

It's a damn shame Bethesda backed off on giving out good sales for its heavy hitters.

>50% off across the board
>25% off DLCs

Skyrim has aged TERRIBLY. Even back when it first came out, it was a medicore RPG at best, but it had a huge casual hype behind it and hence became the first "RPG" for a lot of people. I wish people knew better.

It's not a good game. If you launch it without mods nowadays, it's going to look very, very ugly. Worse than PSX games.

See that tavern whench?
You can rape her.

has the GOAT sex mods

>tfw bought Skyrim and dragonborn before them doing so
hhhehehehe...

It's a solid 7/10 with a lot of trivial shit to do, it's always almost good, never actually there, and the story goes absolutely full retard anywhere after the first few hours.

Will never forget the completely retarded bullshit they did with the blades
>Our entire order has no purpose but to serve the dragonborn
>Now do this ridiculously unreasonable thing we tell you to do or we'll never talk to you again! :^)
>Can't even murder them for this bullshit because "important npc's"

>aged TERRIBLY
can you tell me exactly what mind blowing gameplay innovations WRPGs have seen in the last 5 years? I get that it's ugly but you may be exaggerating

The best comparison would be Witcher 3, which is actually a shittier version of Skyrim in just about every regard but graphics.

It's unironically a meme game

Only considered good because it was instantly popular and a good entry point for omgsuchanerd types.

You shoved a lot of buzzwords in there, but I agree. It's an issue with the art direction: they picked up on the worst thing Fallout 3/New Vegas did and relied on colored filters to give different areas atmosphere, without sprucing up the textures. Someone on the team really liked dirt brown and dark blue filters.

The sex mods are actually really dull

Loli sex mods are good though.

The only reason its a worse game is because Geralt is a unlikable fucking cunt and you are literally rail roaded into playing role of a witcher, aka polish alkasha pest control

a good game marred by a really dumb story. oblivion is what you want if you're looking for an accessible version of morrowind.

When they work, since insecure hypocritical homosexuals go out of their way to make them not work instead of investing all that time and effort into fixing their own shit.

Well, they would be stupid giving the game a crazy discount now, since you get the remastered version for free if you own the game and DLC.

It's great. One of the best open world RPG's currently. Sadly Bethesda doesn't have very much competition so it's also one of the very few open world RPG's. I would recommend it to anyone and have played the game for 500ish hours.

It's mediocre.

If you can get it cheap sure. You might get 20 hours out of it with Mods before you realize there is a million better games to be playing.

>do this ridiculously unreasonable thing

Asking you, the only person who can, to kill a genocidal dragon is ridiculously unreasonable?

>Sadly Bethesda doesn't have very much competition

What is this supposed to mean? There are plenty of modern open-worlds rpgs/games.

He means killing Mario Dragon who helped you out and you have no reason to kill besides the Blades saying "we don't like Dragons"

Like Assassin's Creed or Far Cry "RPG Lite". Or the god-awful BAMHAM games? there are very few games that are open world 3-d rpg games in first person. If you know of some gems that I haven't found that have been released in the last few years please tell me I need a fix.

depends on your tastes

what appeals to most people is that it's an "immersive first person view do whatever you want, go whenever you want" rpg

what usually doesn't appeal to people about the game is that it doesn't really do any of it's mechanics depthfully and is also a "wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle" game

I hated the game the first time I played it (I playe as a warrior), but the second time I got a bow and started a stealth run and was amazing.

Seriously?

The story of that dragon is he was whatshisname's right hand man and did all sorts of really shitty things until he decided to stage a coup with the help of the humans but now he claims he's a good guy and you can totally trust him to be a good guy even though he only helps you to kill whatshisname because that's in his own interests too and he has no interest in all that peaceful monk at the top of a mountain bullshit that the voice monk guys think he is about.

It's not exactly for "no reason", it's just a question of whether or not you trust him and think he has earned a pass for his past crimes.

Yes, sexlab homos put in limitations which prevent use of loli races and other stuff, even if it utterly breaks non-loli mods.

That's old news afaik. The lolicon skyrim website already put the fix long ago.

Well I haven't been keeping up since every new update of the framework has been breaking the efforts of that site.

Obligatory "Enderal > Skyrim" post.

I doubt you even need to update, just get the version that works with the fix and you're gtg.

Meme game.

But Skyrim is an RPG-Lite

The world is alright and can be comfy at times
The lore is cool
Towns are a bit small and that draws back from the world itself
Quests are pretty cool, though too many involve raiding crypts so that can get old if you mind it
Visually the game is mostly garbage, though a few mods can fix this, e.g, 2K, SMIM, CoT, ELFX, maybe an ENB, and something for the crappy LOD's.
The world itself feels somewhat disconnected. For example you can kill the fucking emperor and then join the Imperial Legion. Quests are very basic and don't leave a lot of room for choice or consequence. Some mods can help make the world feel more alive but not completely
Overall with some mods or even barely any, it has the potential to be a good experience despite the flaws, but if you can play with mods on PC, there is no reason why you shouldn't. Even somethings like SkyUI, 2K textures, and unofficial patch are almost ESSENTIAL.
Playing on vanilla can be somewhat dull, but it could be fun on your first time.
Skyrim was honestly just a huge hit and a huge miss, and it was a little before Bethesda became even more of a meme then before. It stands on a weird path cause honestly in some areas it's SO fucking amateur, but yet I can still have fun.
And this is from a guy who honestly hates Fallout 4 with a passion.

i want a dark messiah remake or something like that with fresh and updated combat that feels fluid

also skyrim requiem is pretty fun

where in Skyrim can I fing that girl?

He did more than the Blades did so fuck them.

All he does is chill on a mountain why would I kill him?

I've never seen an inn with that interior so the answer is probably NOWHERE

its not a game its a waifu simulator

if you like DM you can tell me what geme is on my webm

it's a mediocre game, and a bad rpg.

no idea but it reminds me of Rune but its not

im playing pic related

it turns it into a real game.

youtube.com/watch?v=VnracFjiC_k

>it reminds me of Rune
I know, right?
someone posted this webm yesterday on Cred Forums
and I still have no idie what game it is

Truth.

Severance: Blade of Darkness. Get it from gog.com
Don't forget to thank me, faggot.

Can mods at all fix this pile of shit?

i have it installed and played roughly half of it. going to find out the game in a moment, gimme a few secs.

This is the best and most accurate post
If you're that fucking bored play it, but you won't remember it after a week.
Decent soundtrack though

ok i was too slow
see it was kinda of challenging and fun but the controls were a bit shit.

Enderal is a fucking top tier mod with a really good story and great voice acting quality, it's also a pretty good length as well. Just pirate Skyrim and donate it to those fuckers instead.

That said,

>tfw perfectly install 1000 sexlab mods.

>Deadly combat
>ASIS
>Combat Evolved

I've found they help alot. They give the enemy some counterattacks to things. If you block alot, they power attack and hit relentlessly, if you spam attack, they'll parry and stagger you to death.
All that with more global damage is not perfect, but it's a lot more fun.

>tfw perfectly install 1000 sexlab mods

Name of the site?

Does sexmod works for enderal? Been meaning to try it.

Severance: Blade of Darkness.
A great game.

For combat.

It's a good meme.

>"Mm, this is nice, I cannot resist you anymore, let us make love."
>Sit down on the bed with my new temporary waifu.
>SLAL_Necroskullfuck.nif now playing.

Sweat also doesn't work/I haven't seen a female with low enough stamina yet.

I hear it breaks up a lot of well-established ones, so I didn't bother and just did a clean install in a different partition.

Thanks guys

Reverse pick pocket some stamina poisons into someone's inventory.

It's basically a roofie.

meme game for meme people

It's actually good
Killing the Big E is a fun questline, there's a joy to be had in dungeon diving, and it has fantastic mod support

thanks a lot man

>Mfw I bought the Legendary Edition on sale for 7 bucks
>Mfw I get the "remaster" for free
>Mfw consolekeks have to pay for it, AGAIN

It's a very ok game. I played it about 30 hours. One of the dlcs were you go to this island and get teleported to some Daedric realm with lots of Eldritch mages was the coolest part. It helped I was rolling a wizard so it felt natural in the role-playing deparment.
Overall, I'd try to gey the game+dlc for $15 or less.

thank you

Buying Skyrim at all

But I had fun user
When was the last time you had fun while playing a video game?

Fuck I forgot my me me arrow

>

I had fun playing skyrim. That I got for free.

this
it's the worst meme of all time

Not him, but way I see it if you blow 30+ hours on a game you pirated you might as well buy it because you'd have gotten your money's worth.
I still waited for a sale before forking out any cash for it.

Who the fuck keeps making these skyrim threads.

It's okay.

You have to like the elder scrolls series first. They're usually big simulations of a very artificial world. Even the best of them, Morrowind has 90% of its npcs serving as a wikipedia entry with no memorable characterization. And only five percent of that remaining ten percent is any good. This is a narrative flaw that is in every ES game and makes most of them feel about as colorful as GTA5's world. If you're fan of narratives, I wouldn't recommend bothering with the series.

Gameplay wise they're fairly open and skyrim has the best feeling combat. But compare them with anything else and it falls apart. Like even Witcher 3 has better feeling combat and that's a series noitorious for being shitty at combat. Compared to souls? Heh even spammy Bloodborne pvp and invasions in DS3 are more satisfying.

What I'm saying is skyrim is a relic of a series that already feels like a relic.

The only reason you should be interested in it is because you saw those pathetic manbabbies whoring out their waifus. If want to join them, Skyrim provides that and a good soundtrack. Or you could do something better and actually learn how to draw your own waifus. Its better than spending four hours on pre-made sliders, using premade assets feeling like a genius because your 3D waifus no longer has a manjaw.

Skyrim is shit and you're shit for asking a question that's older than you. Go get gunned down in the street like the degenerate you are.

old image but still relevant

Kek, what a cunt.

it's still a pretty good game once you install at least 30 mods