YOOKA LAYLEE UPDATE

youtube.com/watch?v=3TZo5Gnxog8

SHOVEL KNIGHT IS IN YOOKA-LAYLEE

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gh7K7LjgFLU
kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/description
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213948714&postcount=110
twitter.com/_J52_/status/673340120985042944
gog.com/news/meet_the_colorful_cast_of_yookalaylee
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This looks like a game for 6 year olds, user.

Fuck off

and Cred Forums loves those
nintendo games are huge here

>a character from a generic retro pixel platformer is in a cash-in kickstarter unity game

IS THIS REAL LIFE, HAS GOD GIVEN US THIS GIFT?!?!

I've just looked up the plot line and character designs. user, you are getting hyped for a game designed for 6 year olds.

I can tell you're underage cause this games main market is for people who were born at least 20 years ago

>mfw rumors about jontron voicing the game's bad guy

Why is shovel knight being thrown into every indie game now? He's a bit of a slut at this point

honestly, im fine with the inclusion, but im really hoping the writing doesnt get too self aware for its own good

at a certain point it stops being funny and just becomes "DUDE 4TH WALL LMAO"

As a Wii U owner, it's kinda sad that this and Zelda are all I have to look forward to... And all I've HAD to look forward to for the past... year and a half.

What the fuck Nintendo!?

Okay nerd.
Enjoy your game for two year olds.

>game looks fun and silly as shit
>developers clearly extremely aware of the fans desires and are seemingly uncorruptable
>just told well-known e-celebs with good voices to come and do voice acting because they know they'll love the game

no amount of shitposting can kill the well-meaning excitement, I hope these guys do well.

Oh yeah user this shitty Pixar art design and story ripped straight from toontown is certainly geared for adults.

>US GAMERS RITE XD???
i really hope this is just an Easter egg or this games comedy is going to be dogshit.

>ECHECECHEECH...ECHECHECHEECHHCECH

Will do baby.
enjoy your game made for mature gamers like you.

I really want this game to be good.

>E-celeb voice acting

Fucking dropped

>just told well-known e-celebs with good voices to come and do voice acting

How is this a good thing?

As a Wii U owner too, it's a bit sad the Wii U had to die so soon. But all in all, I got my fair share of playtime in the past years, so I won't complain about these few games left, namely Zelda, YL and Shantae.

>"This game wasn't designed for young people it was designed for older people who would have played something like this whenever they were young people because it appeals to young people"

6 year old play CoD, GTA, Halo, Battlefield, etc.
Yooka-Laylee looks nothing like those - This is a good game in the making.

Roight

Because many of the E-Celebs, as cancerous as their content might be, have good voices and are passionate about this genre.

Jontron in particular would be great behind a villain type character.

Roight

>Kartos

Goddamnit. That's not even funny.

>jontron
>pat boivin
>yahtzee
>stamper
>zach
>gabe newell
>daniel craig
>kanye west
dis gon b gud

>developers clearly extremely aware of the fans desires and are seemingly uncorruptable

>"I know, let's invite all these youtube celebs to shill for our game by letting them ruin our character with their voice acting"

So you're saying every game rated E ever made is to be ignored because it looks "childish"?

Fuck off.

literally looks like a game for toddlers.

Welcome to yesterday.

>Yahtzee
>Stamper
What? This sounds pretty neat, actually.

the god of ore

>The plucky duo must step up to stop Capital B and Dr. Quack from absorbing all of the world's literature and turning it into profit

I take it back, you're right. A 6 year old could come up with something better than this, you're getting hyped for a game designed for 4 year olds.

>Gabe Newell
Is his character gonna be a 3 with googly eyes?

>kanye west
Are you fucking serious? Source?

Here you go, man. I think you need it.

>we live in a world where we get a 1080p BK sequel
>can continue to pretend NaB never happened

Whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=gh7K7LjgFLU

>ruin character
>implying inviting E-Celebs-some of which have even been through training for voice acting and have worked professionally with all kinds of companies-who will also not corrupt the character because they're aware of the genre of game and the sort of acting which should be applied is going to ruin the game worse than some shitty phone in from some other faggot
>implying a kikestarted game being supported for free by people who can't wait to play it is bad

Who would you have play the characters? Troy Baker?

Please name me some mature games you enjoy.

As a shitposter I have to admit you got me a bit riled up.

Absolutely not, I played the ever living shit out of Viva Piñata for example. There's a difference between a game being cute and game just being juvenile

>Pixar

If only.

ayy

>e-celebs

I'm dropping this shit

NinendoFag in action

Alright. What is the difference and how does it show in this situation?

oh yeah because here the fucker say ech is super pleasing to the ears

It seems they remedied the issue N&B had where the environments were too large and movement too slow to compensate. Game looks a bit more cluttered now and you can move from one place to another fairly quickly. I like it. Still remaining optimistic.

Did Rare also trademark good character designs or something?

A game for kids talks down to you. We've got to stop them from turnin all books into money? That's exactly what we do with books already! Take MediEvil, the first game I ever beat. The story is an actual story, humour is present where it needs to be and I don't feel like my father would be disappointed if he saw me playing it.

People who know how to voice act.

Just because you can speak into a microphone doesn't mean you can act.

>changing your game just so you can market it a bit more and get a few extra bucks from sales
>incorruptible

Ok? I don't really care how you feel though. I don't feel like my father would be disappointed if he saw me play the game. He'd probably think it was a video game like anything else.

Nice grammar, faggot.

Besides
>ech
Is not the full range of Jontron's voice you gurgling cunt, he doesn't even say it that often and never did say it all that often. Sure, maybe on Game Grumps when they just sat and tlaked shit for hours, but in his actual non improvised content he barely said it.

He does however have a great voice which lends itself perfectly to a goofy cartoon character in a video game, and he's perfect for the role.

Why the fuck are you so triggered by fags who make money on jewtube that you literally can't go near anything they touch?

But why would they pay lots of money for a voice actor when you can get a very excited fan who does have a good voice to come and do it pretty much for free?

Ah, no crowd-funded game woukd be complete without it's patron saint.

Cheesy as fuck.

Wait a minute. At first I understood and saw nothing wrong with this but isn't every character's voice just mumbled? They don't actually say words, they just mumble and the dialogue shows up underneath. These people have to be doing this for free because I refuse to believe they hired Kanye West and Daniel Craig to mumble into a mic.

>He's never played a classic Rare game
Spotted the underaged. Don't you have school kiddo?

>But why would they pay lots of money for a voice actor when you can get a very excited fan who does have a good voice to come and do it pretty much for free?
Because characters need a decent voice actor.

It could be like animal crossing where it's actually worded but rub through a really warped filter.

Indiefags need a community to rally behind to give their shitty games some ground to stand on.

Why is it so popular to want games to fail now? Ever since the TORtanic, all these people have flooded here and laughed at games they hope to bomb, for no apparent reason at all. Some Kickstarter games are kind of shit, but it's clear that this game is turning out to be just what the fans wanted. Can't you just write it off as ''Not for me.'' and ignore it instead of trying so hard to trash talk it in every thread?
You're allowed to express your opinion and all, but it gets a bit stale seeing the same shitposts over and over.
And no, I didn't back the game, but I probably will buy it at some point.

Don't worry guys, they are very excited :D

Well, there's at least 15 people who backed the game over 3000 pounds to get to voice a character in the game. Maybe Kanye and Daniel Craig just really like the old Rare games.
kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival/description

Run through*

I like how they seem to be focusing on platforming

Kind of defeats the purpose of having two A-list celebrities voice characters but like I said here
It is quite possible they are participating because they backed the project.

>A game for kids talks down to you
No wonder Cred Forums loves Skyward Sword so much.

Everyone makes bad decisions sometimes. I agree though, why waste money on voice acting when, if they're supposed to be channeling BK, you can just use the old mumblenese?

I fucking HATE that drop shadow.

I know its to make platforming easier but the fleshed out shadow contrasted with that shitty looking little circle triggers the fuck out of me.

The level also seems really empty

Probably % deals.
Craig would be pretty wise on this, he's had to deal with Hollywood.

Kanye is essentially broke, so he'd do it on a pittance anyway.

From the screenshots I was like "Really? He's in ANOTHER crowdfunder game?" but then I heard his voice and I was pleased.

That's fucking stupid.

*taking to post 353089785*
Hmmmmmmm.....*rubs chin* its like tgey WANTED to make this into a certain OTHER MMO i know *scratching head*
could it be.....THIS ONE
*dun dun DUUUUUUUN*

>THIS IS NOT A DRILL

No. It's a shovel.

no, animal crossing is more akin to a vocaloid than anything

Fuck Shantae.

The series is fucking dog shit.

Did Chibi get to voice a character?

Hah.

That was just stupid.

>game looks great
>realise youtube celebs voice the characters

I read the replies in threads like this and it makes me happy to know I'm not as cynical and angry as so many of you people.

Like, christ. How do you guys even function in society hating things as much as you do?

>Shovel Knight
>No true king of platformers Glover

FUCKING DROPPED

Yeah, the Sims also hired a bunch of A-list celebs for their mumbling but that's EA bucks at work. I'm leaning more towards backing the project or somehow being friends with the devs. I doubt they would spend whoever much Craig costs for the sake of having his name in the credits.

>b-baka!
This is what you sound like.

do you feel in control?

I don't get why everyone's acting like this is such a horrible thing when it's just going to be strings of gibberish noises like every other character. It's not like it's actual voice acting.

what a time to be alive my good lad

Do you think they care what a bunch of contrarians on Cred Forums think about their game?

Going by the updates, they're clearly better than most developers out there. They look like they actually enjoy making games, aren't forced in any one direction, and respond to fans.

I don't personally care for YouTube celebrities, but I'm also not going to get mad because they've been included some people the internet have told me don't matter; How's that autism coming along?

You won't even notice it. It's going to be mumbled.
Unless the characters are references to the voice actors. That's another story.

>Game looks great
>Something thats irrelevant because the characters voices are BK style and its just for laughs
>Game continues to look great

Maybe you should stop being such a fag.

Fucking this.
Like them or not, e-celebs are at least fans of games, and are often decent at voice acting due to the nature of their job. I'd rather have them than some guy who just does voice acting flr money and doesn't know or care about games.

>The level also seems really empty.

I noticed that as well, and I think the reason is a bit subtle. The level itself is actually more dense with content than the early Banjo Kazooie levels. There is one major difference though -- It does not seem contained or isolated in the way Banjo levels are. From almost every angle you can see an expansive sky here, but with Banjo the view was usually blocked off by tall walls that guided your eyes to the content of the level instead of the non-content of the expanse.

Got an eyeroll from me.

I don't really give a shit. I'm not gonna play the game either way.

I'm just saying I would hardly call that incorruptible.

>Game looks great

Hes the one who fucking said it faglord.

Kill yourself.

I will!
It is!
Also,
>pixar
>shitty

I recenlty tried Glover to see what the fuss was all about and it was one of the worst plataformers I've played, on par with fucking Croc.

So fuck you and your meme glove, go ask him for a handjob.

That is a weird decision. I'll never understand why some games decide to put their levels in some sort of ephemeral plane of existence and not just block it off with mountains or something. It takes away from the game, imo.

>!

>no spin during double jump animations

They fucked up.

POST YFW EVERY KICKSTARTER GOAL WAS REACHED

Everything about this game just looks off to me. Not sure what.

Maybe it's Unity making everything look sluggish and unsatisfying, maybe it's the bad models and animation, maybe it's the mix between more realistic looking elements and cartoony ones.

>Trowzer
sensible_chuckle.webbum

I wish the dick-riding of Shovel Knight would stop.
It was an okay game that stole its main gimmick from Ducktales, he isn't the Indie Darling of the world. I'd say Steve from Minecraft deserves that title.

>talking shit about ToonTown

I'll get you senpai, i'll get you good

This not like they will be speaking full sentences so the voice acting can't be terrible no matter which way you cut it.

>That shovel knight theme

based

Trouser?
Trouser snake?

YES!

Roight.

It should also be noted that Playtonic is purposely withholding certain characters and enemies off from the demo to avoid spoilers.

neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213948714&postcount=110

>It probably should have been more clear in the video... we removed quite a few characters, enemies and challenges from this demo to avoid spoilers. It won't be as empty in the final game :)

BUT YOU'RE A SNAKE

>tips hat woth corks

>He didn't like Glover
>He doesn't want a heavenly handjob from a creature that's 100% hand

Nigga you gay AND pleb as fuck

I WANT TO FUCK DR. PUZZ IN THE OCTOPUSSY

You poor, jaded motherfuckers. What joyless lives you must have.

twitter.com/_J52_/status/673340120985042944

OCTOPUS LEWDS WHEN

The drop shadow would work if it was just the drop shadow. Having a drop shadow PLUS a regular shadow looks really dumb.

this is true. Most kids want to play "mature" games and adults just want to feel like kids again and have innocent fun.

Okay let's just get Nolan North to voice everyone because mainstream fucks like you love his shit

That background.

I love kirby games

Why is shovel knight in literally everything

>It doesn't matter who voices the characters.
>But isn't it cool that these youtube celebs voiced the characters?

Is there (or will there be) a demo for this game?

They love you too, man.

>he didnt play the ToyBox

But I did play the Toy Story 3 game.

How was that?

Pretty fun, shame the servers were shut down last I heard.

fuck

fuck it, every time I watch new footage from this shit I get excited

I backed it on kickstarter, but I'm trying my best not to get too hyped, because the last game I did that for was MGSV

Rareware is worth getting hyped for

>one sound clip repeated over and over to the tune of text scrolling

If this triggers you I don't think videogames are the hobby for you, much less using the internet in general

Before NMS
>YL threads have moderate shitposting but nothing bad
After NMS
>YL threads are nothing but shitposting

Just nuke Cred Forums from orbit already.

It's Disney, so I wasn't surprised.

>I only play mature games for mature gamers such as myself.

You're gonna play this off as the bait of the century, but I know you're 100% serious.

>The level also seems really empty
They've said that they removed a bunch of content/enemies/gimmicks in early builds to avoid spoilers and keep things a surprise.

>content
you mean colletables so you have to listen to some shitty jingle half of the game like the banjo games?

FUCK THE BAT

The bat is cute. But I'm not liking the lizard. With Banjo Kazooie, they had a nice bass/treble kind of thing going on. But the lizard is to petite to have that same contrast.

Also everything really does feel like it was made for kids.

I'm pretty sure the humor and dialogues will not be very childish...

Fuck I wasn't planning on getting Yookallele but now I guess I have to.

I want to fuck the bat right in her flappy bat cunt.

>Featuring Shovel Knight from the Shovel Knight series!
Where were you when SK officially became a meme?

>Also everything really does feel like it was made for kids.

Did you want this game to be super dark and edgy or something? It's for kids as about as much as all the Mario and Banjo games are. Rare stated that with Banjo, they "wanted the characters to primarily appeal to a younger audience but, at the same time, give them enough humor and attitude not to discourage older players.". I'm sure Yooka-Laylee will be the same, considering there's already quite a few innuendos.

Nowhere, because a cameo isn't a meme you fuck

people throw the meme word around way too much. It lost its original meaning

It seems to be very childish so far.

>Did you want this game to be super dark and edgy or something?
Why does there always have to be a guy like you, who whenever they hear something they don't agree with, have to immediately bring up the polarizing examples?
>Say you don't like an anime artstyle
>HURR YOU MUST WANT BROWN AND BLOOM BALD SPACE MARINES
>Say you odn't like the childish presentation
>HURR YOU MUST WANT GRIMDARK AND EDGY GORE FESTS
>Say you think a girl's boobs art too big
>HURR YOU MUST WANT 10 YEAR OLD BOYS
>Say a girl's boobs are too small
>HURR YOU MUST WANT OBESE COWS

Do you honestly thing you're making a point when you do this? All it does is make you sound butthurt, because you're not even trying to see my side. You're just having an emotional kneejerk reaction, and blurting out the first thing that comes to your mind.

Fuck you too, bitch.

Roight

I enjoyed this cartoon, but I don't really know why.

Not him, but I agree with him. SK is a meme. Admittedly, defining a meme is pretty difficult. But just look at what SK has become. He's the face of indie games now. He's making cameos in EVERYTHING. And he'this joke character that keeps finding new contexts to further the gag. I dunno. It just seems to me that he spreads like a meme would.

Your fucking life is a meme that's spreading too fast. End it.

I wish my life was a meme. I'd capitalize on it.

It already is

Asterix is a fucking based comic, goddamn. I have the entire collection still.

You know what... That's actually pretty accurate. I don't want to sound like a hipster or anything. But I was shitposting with cuck material, before it was cool.

Cuck material was never cool. It was obnoxious first then it got retarded.

inb4t.cuck

>It was obnoxious first
What's your first encounter with cuck posting?
I remember having to educate people on the concept, before they even knew to be offended. Only a few people knew what it was, and they would get crazy butthurt at the mention of it.

Why does every indie game developer whore themselves out to cross promotional hell. It is so utterly tacky, and really ruins the immersion for the player. These games just end up feeling like self aware disposable popart, instead of actual timeless products.

People would use it where it didn't even make sense. It very quickly became the go to word for whenever someone wanted to try and stir things up. Like using autism. It isn't really funny when used wrong.

Not any of the anons you've replied to, but have you even played a Banjo-Kazooie game? It was a game with the E for Everyone, it was meant to have a simplistic and colorful design while still having humor that anyone can enjoy. Banjo-Kazooie "looked childish", yet people of all ages love it.

These anons are right to call you out if your complaint is that a game meant for everyone to enjoy (even, surprise! Kids) is "looking childish".

BitTrip Runner is the most annoying about that.

That's true. But that's after I begun using it. it was a fun way to fuck with people for a while. Very slyly introducing the concept, and watching a thread dissolve over it. But then, like one day, everyone went crazy, and suddenly everyone was calling each other a cuck. I don't know what happened. But whatever caused the shift, the word lost it's appeal.

>have you even played a Banjo-Kazooie game?
Yeah. Guess when? When I was a fucking kid and just like how I no longer play with my toy cars, I don't play childish games. I've grown out of that shit. When are you going to?

Yeah. Way too much Us Gamers, and twitter lifestyling, and not enough crafting a quality, timeless product.

>STOP ENJOYING THIS THING BECAUSE I DON'T ENJOY IT ANYMORE

Pretty sure you're the one who needs to grow up user

>I don't play childish games
>childish games
Bit redundant don't you think?

Honestly dude, player shooters and sports and story driven games doesn't make you any more mature. It's like saying drawing pictures or watching animated movies is only for children.

>this thread

>Barney the Dinosaur and Citizen Kane are in the same class

I 100% both games on the N64 back in the day. I loved them. But maybe I grew out of them? I dunno. It's the tone, and the aesthetics, and the humor that make me thing it was crafted for little kids. I'm sure the platforming will be solid. But everything else makes me feel like a kid-toucher watching it. I don't think this game was made for a 30 year old in mind. It was made for that kid the 30 year old used to be.

Look, there are E rated games that don't necessarily have a kiddie feel. Yookay Laylee isn't one of them.

One day you'll understand. Godspeed user.

Enjoy being with your own kind, faggot.

thanks for the notice, withdrew my donation.

>zach
like, psychicpebbles zach?

>people caring about a game looking 'childish'

Unless you're around gangs of Chads/niggers or your parents, why would you care so long as the gameplay is solid fun? Until they go all-the-way to Teletubbies or Dora, it doesn't look like much to worry about.

Hell, half of you probably play Nintendo or full-on animu-waifu games/VN's, no less.

yikes sperg alert

What the ever loving titty fucking christ are you on about? You need therapy.

>he says this with an anime gif

>he replied

>People who know how to voice act

Don't the characters just make mumbles and random ah's and eh's and things like that? Why would they need talented voice acting for that? What's the problem with recognizable voices like jontron rather than an actual voice actor if they only do stuff like that?

Why do people act as if aesthetics isn't a major factor? I mean, the lot of you are applauding the game for being so similar to Banjo Kazooie in it's aesthetics and presentation. So apparently, when it's all praises, then aesthetics matter. But then when someone is critical of the aesthetics, all of a sudden you guys act like it doesn't matter, and you would still be equally as interested in the game, if you were a gray square running through gray block-formed levels.

The chameleon is pretty cool

Pretty sure he's insinuating that your taste is as developed as a brony's.

Autism at its finest

>People blow their load getting angry at the bait post
>They avoid the post of the fair minded user who played the original games
>These same people will be in a future threads saying "the haters don't even play Rare games!"

Praising the game for looking like Banjo-Kazooie is valid though, because that is the intent. Criticising the game for ''looking childish'' doesn't make sense at all, because, again, that is what they are going for. If we try to remove subjectivity regarding artstyle and focus on the creator's intent, it's a success.

First day on the boards, eh?

Fair enough. It was successful at it's goal of looking like a kiddie game. So why can't we say we don't like the aesthetic? Are we supposed to like the same thing we liked 15 years ago?

You can like or dislike whatever you want. You have my permission. Stop acting like a clueless retard.

>calling this game childish
>BUT MUH WAIFU WEEBS GARBAGE SENRAN KAGURA GAMES ARE GODLIKE FULL OF SEXY WOMEN FOR A MATURE ADULT MAN LIKE ME XD NEP NEP NEP HAHAHA I LUV ANIME

>Then there's that user who thinks he's got a funny zinger for calling someone new.

You get the replies you deserve. Try putting some effort into your bait next time.

Who are you quoting?

That's not what I meant, jerkface. I mean how is it that when a person says they like the kiddie style, then they're just assumed to be real fans and everyone is backpatting and handshaking. But when someone says the dislike the kiddie style, then they're told they're not fans of the series, and that they "shouldn't care". Why shouldn't I care? Video games are a visual medium.

you

>So why can't we say we don't like the aesthetic?
Of course you can, but I will argue against you since I like how the game looks. Either way, disliking or liking a game solely based on the visuals is pretty shallow. I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet, so I'll reserve my judgement of the actual game part, but as far as visuals go, I think they did a good job at emulating Banjo-Kazooie.

>Then there's that guy who tries to act above bait he's replying to. When it's not even bait in the first place, but he thinks calling it bait will make him appear less like a dork.

I never said aesthetics in general aren't a factor, just that "being embarrassed" over it when there's more to the game (and spiritual legacy) just sounds petty.

Self-presentation at the right time/place is one thing, just being a phobiac like a kid around girls is another.

like, goblin zach?
LET IT GO

It may be due to the tone of the post. Someone saying ''I really like this style.'' is less inflammatory than ''This game looks like it was made for 5 year olds.''

why are you greentexting all that?

Who are you quoting?

What you "grew out of" was how to have fun. My condolences, user.
>makes me feel like a kid-toucher
That's some major self-esteem issues you have, son. I can get that you don't like a game because your tastes changed, but not liking a game because it makes you feel perverse means you really need to get out more. Nostalgia is generally used as a derogative term here, but it's that same nostalgia that can make you remember the fun times you had when you were younger. I recently got my 46 year old stepdad into Bop-It, something he never had as a kid, and he got hooked on it. YL is all about bringing back that feeling. Give it a chance.

DESIGNERS: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO WHAT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY HOMAGE OR
WALK THE WELL WORN PATH

YOUR GAME DOES NOT HAVE TO FOCUS ON NOSTALGIA ABOVE ALL

IF YOUR ONLY TOOL FOR CREATING ART IS REFERENCE, NOSTALGIA, AND THE WORSHIP OF YESTERYEAR, YOU ARE THOMAS KINCADE, AND ARE HOLDING THE MEDIUM BACK.

First, see Second, who is judging the game solely on the visuals?
I dislike the kiddie style, but I'm still fair enough to think that game has some other good qualities to it. However, for me, the style is a huge factor. As I think both BK and this game rely heavily on personality. so if the personality isn't right, then it's a huge minus. And if the gameplay isn't absolutely on point, then I don't see the point in playing the game. There are other good games to play. I don't have to play this one, because BK was a part of my childhood.

It's because Laylee's VO was cute.

As faggy and autistic as bronies get, "developed taste" is probably a thing they're less fearful to explore than half the black-and-white contrarians on this board.

>so if the personality isn't right, then it's a huge minus
What does this even mean? You sound like the people who complain about a game lacking ''soul''. What is the game's personality and how do you judge it?

What's petty about feeling like the aesthetic treat you like a little kid? Like, I don't need bright blinding saturation all the time. I don't need a world comprised largely of primary colors. I don't need that slow text, with mumbling and their stupid head mouthing in the corner. I don't need the slow silhouette transitions to know when a scene ends. It all feels like it's talking down to me. It's about as visually stimulating as someone shaking a rattle in my face, and going "googoo gaga".

>That one joke Spelunker Sal did about Yooka not wearing pants

>I don't have to play this one, because BK was a part of my childhood.
I don't get it. Why wouldn't you want more of a good thing? It's like your favorite show gets a season 2, wouldn't it be worth it to at least check it out? If the first one was good, isn't it fair to try the next thing?

Maybe people need a thicker skin then.

It's not about growing a thick skin, it's about people not knowing how to criticise something validly and without being a faggot about it.

>Wanting AAA Voice Actors to just do mumbles and grunts.

That'd be a colossal waste of money.

>YL is all about bringing back that feeling. Give it a chance.
TL didn't improve anything I wanted the BK series to improve on.
When I was a kid, I wanted real dialog, and for rare to stop making giant empty landscapes, and for banjo to have real fur. Stuff like that. Instead, I get the same style of presentation, the same giant oversize worlds, and still lack of texture for the characters.

sound like a AAA plan.

If you know ANYTHING about the myriad of reboots, sequels, prequels, and decades-later continuations the vidya and movie industry has been shitting out, you'd realize how your naïveté is something like how a child would think.

If there's anything I DON'T trust, it's a one-trick-pony development team rehashing the same game from generations ago, this time with 200% more pop culture references, memes, e-celebs, and Kickscammer funding. I almost envy how ignorant people like you are in thinking this is going to be anything but mediocrity at best and a disaster at worst, but then again disappointment is something everyone has to experience at least once before they can make better decisions in the future.

>le game for children
you have to be over 18 to post here

Exactly. Yooka Maymay audience, please leave.

Yooka-Laylee coming to GOG

gog.com/news/meet_the_colorful_cast_of_yookalaylee

You will not be tied down to DRM :)

I did when I was 8

I wouldn't now though

It's subjective of course. But it's just like the feeling of the world, and the charm of the characters. I find the bat charming. I can't really describe why, other than to say she's kinda snarky, and I like that. The lizard isn't charming. I can't describe why, other than to say he comes across as bland.
If the ensemble of characters, and the world they inhabit are interesting to me, then it increases the value of the game. But the opposite is also true. The game is really toeing the line of coming across as Dora the Explorer, as another user mentioned.

But that's almost exactly what happened with Cities Skylines.

I honestly wish I could snap this persons neck. I hate pretentious shitposters, they live here and try to make the shittiest arguments.

The problem with this is that there is nothing to even discuss here. You feel one way, I feel something else. If we can't even establish a quality about the game to talk about in objective terms, what's even the point in having a thread about it? It's bound to be endless shit-flinging from both sides.

Super Indie Cash-in Bros!
>Shovel Knight
>Yooka & Laylee
>Quote
>Gomez
>The Kid
>Wilson
>Meat Boy
>Jill
>Steve
>Jacket
>Fish
>Kaitlin Greenbriar
>Spelunker
>Trace
>Isaac
>Frisk

>Maybe Kanye and Daniel Craig just really like the old Rare games

Wait, what? Did they donated to be in the game?

>paying to do work

Chibi is a true 4channer

1. The BK games weren't perfect experiences. There are ways they could have improved. But I'm not seeing those improvements.

2. 15 years of new experiences, new media, and such will change your tastes. Or at least, it has for me. What was stimulating for me before, isn't so much now.

3. I am checking the game out. Why do you figure I'm in this thread? I'm looking at the game, and expressing my impression of it thus far. Will I play it? Well, I don't exactly have much cash to waste right now. So the game will have to be very impressive for me to purchase it. Otherwise, I'll likely wait until a demo or my brother gets it.(He'll dive right into nostalgia)

Why are you even here? Why are you wasting time? What the hell are you even doing?

. U$ Gamer$

How else can one express that something appears to be made for little kids, without saying something along those lines?
I mean, either it looks kiddie or it doesn't.

DEEPEST
L O R E

>>Kaitlin Greenbriar

who

>Looks kiddie
But, it doesn't.

There wouldn't be shitflinging, if one could say they dislike something, without a bunch of Rarredrones getting upset.

Nigga source me up on these voices being on the game.

Why are you expressing that? In a way, you're more prepubescent than the game you think is strictly for children, evident from the way you act.

It appears that way to me.
Disagreeing with my opinion, doesn't make it an inflammatory one.

Yes it does

It looks like something you see on childrens shows

I hope you're enjoying these replies user. Use them wisely.

>calling a rare game childish

>Why are you expressing that?
Because we are on a forum where the point is to express opinions with each other. It just so happens that my opinion is a negative one. There's nothing wrong with expressing negative opinions.

Can you fellows all stop jerking off eachother's acorn cocks and actually talk about the video game?

>J-j-just because it's made for children doesn't mean you can't watch it!
>Tons of """"adults"""" watch MLP!!

Who are you quoting? I think you replied to the wrong person.

lmao go back to.reddit fucking shitter

this site is not for you...

The irony.

>e-celebs
Good thing i was never interested in this shit so I'm not even disappointed in the slightest right now

That's pretty cool

Alright, let me tango with you since I'm in the mood to fuck with morons.

Now how is that a negative opinion? Do you know what you just admitted to me? That you're shitposting. Because if you truly thought that way, it wouldn't be negative. A negative opinion is something that is undesirable. I think this looks like something children would like, but it's no different than Mario or Pokemon. All ages can enjoy it and there is not a thing you can do about that.

This is a forum where we can express opinions, but at this point it is not. It is shit flinging, you want to throw shit? Where is the goal in this "expressing"? It doesn't make any fucking sense that you are sitting somewhere on Earth wasting time to simply express how it's obviously made to appeal to a large crowd. A baby game would be Dora the Explorer, a game where it is specifically made for the likeness of a child, and where that child could specifically learn some things to grow up a little. That is a child's game.

I can see what you mean with the character designs, sure, but the other majority of them game and complaints of yours just personally sound pretty bloated honestly.

He also sounds like he is struggling to make a point. None of that made any sense, more so towards the fact that he sounds like he has something mentally wrong with him.

>Now how is that a negative opinion?
It's a negative opinion, because I feel negatively about the game looking like a kiddie game.

I expressed such an opinion, because it's something I felt needed reinforcing after reading the thread. Someone else said it, and he got shit on. So I felt like I should add my voice to his, so people know he's not the only one who feels this way.
And besides, expressing agreeable opinions is boring. I don't want to waste my time typing up a boring post about how well crafted it looks for a kickstarted game, or whatever. That'll be dull.

ok.

>He's never played a classic Rare game
Oh, I played a lot of these Rare "great" 3D platformers
-mediocre controls
-clunky platforming mechanics
- music is ok at best
-repetitive as fuck
>le quirky british "humor"
-absolute trash, worse than anime

Hope you understand.

No one has asked me to explain how the game appears kiddie yet. So I didn't bother going into detail. Everyone just automatically denies denies denies.

That doesn't even make any fucking sense. You added your voice to make sure that nobody else thinks that he is the only one who thinks that way? That is beyond fucking hilarity. Opinions are never, unaccompanied. You simply wanted to shitpost, or rather, you wanted to waste your own time like you are doing now for something incredibly childish.

You are, to me, expressing childish behavior. You really don't sound intelligent, and I can see that you are struggling. Yes, that person got shit on, because it was a blatant antagonizing post that is meant to reel in.

Expressing agreeable opinions is not boring. That is something a socially inept person would say. I find that funny. In this short amount of time, I've figured that you were sort of grown up, but you're not. Your opinion is not negative. There is no such thing as "because I feel negatively about the game looking like that". That doesn't make sense, because the game has always looked that way, and now you are just struggling to pretend that it's something new and that it needs to be said. Keep going, I'm enjoying this.

I've already seen what the other person said. "Denies denies denies" nobody says something three times in succession unless they are acting childish. There is nothing you can explain to me that I wouldn't know, or in a way that would make you seem like you are plausible about it. It's colorful, so? You sound like a prepubescent.

I can add to that.
>Platforming consist of stepping on a pad, and pressing a button to activate the super move.
>Almost no variation in speed, and jumps don't really depend on the movement speed.
>Recycling the same melody for 10 stages is musical genius.
>Puns that would normally be groan inducing, are now hilarious knee-slappers.
>Breaking the fourth wall to get meta is so smart, and about children's comprehension.

Neo-Cred Forums sure loves playing the contrarian.

Tell me more about this Neo.

This game looks fun and comfy.

>you'd realize how your naïveté is something like how a child would think
Being optimistic isn't childish. I know full well about the state of the Gaming Industry. I know full well about sequels that end up being cash-grabs, broken promises, rushed promises, lies, slander...all these things are true. But so what? Are you just not gonna look forward to a game ever again? Are you not gonna buy games anymore because "there's a strong chance it'll be bad"? Are you forgetting how Kickstarted projects don't always end in failure? You're the deluded one if you've given up before you've even tried.

There's always a chance that YL will end up mediocre or even worse, a failure. But so what? Just because there's a chance something will happen, doesn't mean it will. Waiting for something to fail, shitposting in hype threads, falseflagging everytime anything gets revealed...that's how a child would think.

I can't figure you out. Because you kind of sound like a troll. But you are putting an awful lot of effort into your posts. But you also sound like someone who thinks they're winning an argument so well, that they're just having fun beating someone in the corner. Which is strange, because I don't see any reason why you should feel so righteous right now. But then again, you also sound like someone who is so assblasted that someone said something negative about something you love, that you're just getting dirty and vicious lashing out in anger.

In any case, I'm not really interested in discussing this meta topic of why someone would express an opinion on a message board. I'm pretty sure that shouldn't need explaining. That's just the point of these boards. If you think I did it for attention, then you are right to a certain extent. Everyone expresses themselves to be heard. That is the point of speaking. So other people hear you. But if you think I'm just looking for the (you)s, then you're wrong. You don't have to believe me though. So I'm not going to bother addressing the matter after this post. But you're wrong.

And besides, if I was in it for the (you)s, then it's not like this whole thing can be undone. I've already managed to ruffle quite a few feathers, and get a lot of replies. So the damage is done. Dwelling on it, will do you no good.

FOUR BRIGHT BUTTONS AND TWO JOYSTICKS

This game looks promising, I hope it keeps the old Banjo Kazooie vibe.

I'm sorry, this game seems like shit, and now that they are gonna let E-celebs voice for characters, it just makes it worst.

Now you're getting into a defensive mode. The way you have expressed that first paragraph, was in a way that would naturally make you seem less innocent. Which is, not something that I would have ruled out for someone like you. I can analyze you easily. How do you figure that I'm putting any effort into my posts, when I am having this typed up the second I see your drivel?

>assblasted
That is very childish of you. I never spewed lingo at you, nor did I say that you were getting angry. This swings back to my original statement whereas you are protecting yourself to make it seem you have a solid irreproachability. I can see that you have conjured up multiple words and phrases from what I said, which was " I'm enjoying this.".

Of course it doesn't need explaining, and you are the one after all who started the baby tantrum. That isn't the point of these boards. These boards are for the discussion of video games. Expressing opinions is simply a branch off of that, but it isn't the goal of these boards. If you want to express opinions, go to Cred Forums, you'll fit in there.

Your closing tells me I was never wrong about anything, seeing as how you contradict yourself even by the fact that your brain is more or less on top of the idea that you have gotten these replies and ruffled some feathers. That's why I said you were shitposting.

There actually is no damage. I would put a certain acronym that expresses laughter after that sentence. I can walk away easily, and get the final word. Play video games. Go to another thread. What is the damage? People are still going to play and buy this game, those same exact people who say your posts. You are not even a memory in these people's minds 10 hours from now. You don't even exist. I think I'm done here.

>and now that they are gonna let E-celebs voice for characters, it just makes it worst.
How so? If no one told you, you wouldn't know.

We have our Yooka Laylee Kun everyone.

I agree, good sire. This conversation is far below my intellect.
*tips fedora*

You could put RARE on a fucking Dreamworks game and you losers would eat it up.

I would be honored, but, I wasn't really talking about the game.

Your intellect is far below the conversation, but you're right! Also, great fedora tipping, that's not something a child would do. You can always shitpost better next time. Enjoy your day.

Except that it's not Rare that makes the game good.

Are you joking? All I ever see are threads bashing Nintendo games. The only few where people are having fun are in Smash Cred Forumseekend ds.

>but, I wasn't really talking about the game.
That's the best part. Accusing others of misusing the site to shitpost your precious Yooka Laylee thread. Meanwhile, being the one writing the most tl;dr meta posts in the thread.
You are brilliant. You're like an idiot savant shitposter.

>Video game crossovers

They blew it. They fucking blew it.

According to google, it's the playable character from Gone Home

I thought that meant you gave him a drink, not what actually happened

How did you get that picture of me?

>>Quote
Never happening, ever. Nicalis went full kike.

>voice acting

Have you ever played a banjo game? It is literally them making stupid noises into the microphone. Anybody can do that with no training or talent whatsoever.

Seriously, how he can be in so many games at once?

Even Padre Pio couldn't pull off the being in multiple places at once on such a scale.

he typed "casual" in google image.

>All these anons talking about JonTron
>None of them have noticed that Jon is the voice of Shovel Knight yet

YO O-HO HO
OH YO OHO YO HO O-HO
YO

Zing. Nice one, user

Are you seriously questioning the legitimacy of the Shovel Knight timeline?

Here is one for (You)

No. More like I want to know how he can pull this off.

Clearly the games don't take place at the same time. They're staggered in a complex and interweaving timeline that spans centuries.

It doesn't sound like Jontron at all

That, or Shovelknight is a Legacy Character.

That guy looks just like me

No he's not. The shovel knight director is.

Their being asked to make stupid noises into a mic. Why do you need pro voice actors for that?

It's not Jon, it's Sean Velasco, the director of Shovel Knight.

I don't fucking care if it's unity or what, the characters's voices already make me so happy that the rest could be dogshit for all I care.
Which it will surely not be.
Kartos is GOAT

gameplay looks solid desu

There are some rough edges with the animation transitions, but that's the kind of thing that there's still plenty of time to iron out.

why do people pretend shovel knight is good

For the same reason you pretend your hollow life will end in any way other than muffled whimpers after failing to achieve your dreams.

shovel knight is solid as fuck, what are you on about.
sure it's a bit too easy but it's one of the most polished indie titles out there.

BTFO

ahohohoahuhyohohoahohoyuhuhyuhohoho

You can ask for a refund, they'll only subtract taxes and processing fees.

Fucking savage.

>pat boivin

>Mmmr bffrr! Smrr dgrrr, CRACK!

The reddit is strong in this thread. Can't wait to hear how this will be posted on r/Cred Forums or whatever the fuck that board is called.

If I kickstarted this game I would be asking for a refund as soon as I saw the addition of unnecessary crossover characters. Shilling out to get money by including crossover characters is not what they should be focusing on.

What are you even doing here?