Is it as bad as everyone thought it would be?

Is it as bad as everyone thought it would be?

It looks nice, the writing is debatable, combat is still garbage, music's good.
It pretty much succeeded in being Sticker Star 2.

Honestly no, but it's still not really good I would say. It's a mixed bag for me really. I really like these areas so far, like a lot but the combat I avoid as much as possible. Dialogue is a hit or miss also but NPCs are pretty much Toad & Shy Guys (love the Shy Guys by the way, best characters in the game). Also not a fan of the world map still, I just had to get 2 Paint Stars that were in the same room just to make shortcuts for the world map, third time going through this level now. 6/10, still hope they go back to their roots.

Has anyone uploaded the guide/manual?

Has anyone beaten the final boss? I don't give a shit about this game nor do I have the time to play it, I'd like to know what nintendy was so adamantly confident in

This game could be better if they changed the battle system
How it is it KINDA works with toads everywhere, but it is a missed opportunity in some cases
>train enginneer that is always grumpy and sounds like an old man is just another green toad
>the mountain sage is literally just a yellow toad
Just like they gave glasses and stuff to some they could have given accessories for those too to make them more unique.
They had unique designs, as shown in the concept art in game (pic related). In the final game, it is literally a toad wearing a glove on his head

Crunchii beat the game last night, check out his stream on youtube

Have some final boss spoilers
memeing aside, while it does look similar to SS, it is kinda different. Watch the stream

Aw man, the one on the far left is definitely a Duplighost.

I expected Sticker Star HD. I got Sticker Star HD.

I thought thus game released in October

It does but it got leaked & now a shitload of people pirated it.

not as bad, only because people were expecting the absolute worst. It's still a bad game, though. it looks nice and some of the writing is, well, at least better than Sticker Star, but on its own it's nothing special. Not a $60 game, that's for sure.

Someone fucked up and made it so that people who pre-downloaded the game on the Eshop got access to the whole thing, and a couple of those people dumped the files so everyone can play the game now.

Thanks for the info, eh. I get sappy over pretty much anything in rpgs but this feels as emotional as missing a box of crackers you just ate.

Anyone know where the missing Rescue Squad Toad is in Mossrock Theater?

Also any idea where I need to paint in the Green Energy Plant? It says I cleaned 0% of Colorless Spots.

I'm liking it, I'm not sure if it's because it's the only game I've played this year or what but I haven't gotten to a part yet where I thought it was boring.

that awkward moment when the only resource you need is money which can be found in infinite supply at the first rochambeau temple

You barely even need it, I've been at 9999 coins since before Iggy & have stayed above 9000 coins consistently the whole game.

shits on Cred Forums being shits saying a game is shit
who'da thunk it?

your fun is their tears, enjoy it user.

I'm two hours into the game and teh only resource I run low on IS FUCKING YELLOW PAINT WHY DOES FUCKING EVERYTHING REQUIRE YELLOW PAINT

He's inside one of the ptooies

The steak boss is where they start hounding you for it.

So are there any actually challenging battles in this game? Every battle I've seen looked pathetically easy.

Doesn't look like it, combat is garbage just like the last game

I guess Roy since his gimmick is to steal your paint, and then shoot it back at you, giving different status effects depending on the color, so you have to have a bunch of pre painted cards beforehand
But technically all bosses are "use the Thing they are weak to when they have 50% HP or you lose"
Normal enemies will die to a jump or two with the exception of late game ones that have more HP, but besides that that's it. The game was made so that you can beat most non bosses battle in one turn for the "perfect bonus"

Yeah, found him afterwards, he blends in well with the Pootie.

I bullshitted that & just restarted the game since it was faster (only time I did that also). Even if I spent money in that section afterwards I have no use for it still. I'm about to go into the Circus & at 9999 still, I'm guessing I'm nearing the end of the game with this being my last Paint Star coming up so I doubt they'll have use unless I fish for cards for the museum & even then I have about 80% of stuff in the museum, mostly just lacking Enemy cards.

The stream I just watched had to reset because he ran out of cards. If you know that you won't need jumps for the final boss, and fill your inventory with other cards, then it's basically scripted, with a heal here or there

*use thing when they are weak/50% hp