Does majority opinion determine the objective quality of a game?

Does majority opinion determine the objective quality of a game?

>majority opinion
I didn't realize goobers review bombing popular games are the majority.

No but is a reflect of their true quality, at least for the AAA games.

yes, that's why every single game that Cred Forums recomends is my GOTY, I also shitpost on games that Cred Forums hates
gotta fit in, man

You don't have to think pic is related.

Really makes you think

MW3 is literal trash. retarded spawns, incredibly low ttk, amazing killstreaks i'll give them that but support is fuckign bullshit (EMP should be an assault streak), etc.

fuck MW3, Ghosts, and later this year, Infinite Warfare. all trash.

No since even majority opinion depends on which majority and when. Bring MW3 to a primitive island somehow and get them all into it and the majority opinion will be that MW3 is some kind of prophecy from the gods. Somehow bring MW3 back in time to around a decade ago and it would probably be GOTYAY. Go a decade into the future without having anything remotely like it and people will remember it much more fondly.

Objectivity doesn't exist when scoring vidya (or any medium for that matter)

I knew modern CODs are bad, but 1.5 is in "literally Hitler" territory. What's so wrong with it?

Majority = lowest common denominator.
If majority determined quality then Britney Spears and Justin Bieber would be THE BEST MUSICIANS EVER.
Makes you wonder about the Withcher 3 GOTY.

i bought this game just for the survival mode, and god damn i don't regret the hours i put into it

>tfw I use the wrong image for a thread

Being a contrarian to look cool on the internet doesnt mean you have good judgment.

Never trust user reviews on Metacritic, they're almost always skewed one way or another. You may not like Call of Duty, that's fine. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is not a 1.5/10, not by any stretch of the imagination. All of those games control well, run at a constant 60, don't have any major glitches, and the core gameplay is still solid all these years later. Even the biggest casual in the world understands shitty products, they wouldn't keep buying them if they didn't fit their needs. If you think the game is a 4-6/10 bases on your personal preferences for Call of Duty games, that's much more reasonable.

Well how can you say one way or another who is the best musician ever or who isn't? Technical skill definitely plays a major part in music, but what matters to most people is whether or not they can relate to the music.
Some artists leave lyrics deliberately vague and others had people draw conclusions from their lyrics that were never there. Cobain is a pretty good example of that where everyone felt like they had a personal relationship to the guy because they thought they could relate to his music when in reality a lot of the time it wasn't relatable to them at all or it was about some completely mundane shit.

>broken killstreaks
>broken explosives
>UAV spam
>Assassin/Pro
>soundwhoring with Sitrep Pro
>extremely fast TTK
>extremely low health

Oh but yes MW3 isn't a 1.5/10 XD
you're a fucking retard

We live in a world where Fallout 3 and Skyrim are widely praised and considered to be among the best games of all time.

What do you think?

1.5/10 means its practically unplayable. MW3 sucked but its nowhere near 1.5

A score of 1.5/10 probably has a decent amount of bias behind it.
However when that's the averaged score from 874 different people versus the averaged score of 8.3/10 from only four "game journalists", when there's such a massive divide in scores, I'm going to take the opinion of the larger group more seriously.

i never understood these sites where pretty much anybody can vote? whats keeping me from making 10 accounts and vote 0 on all of those?
even if Steam reviews system is not great it's still the best out there.

I thought the CoD games post 4 were shit on PC. Surprised that MW3 actually has positive reviews.

>1.5
Come the fuck on. How can anyone even take shit like this seriously?

Majority opinion for the most part cannot not be fully trusted, because for every well reasoned arguments with thought and evidence you will get ten morons who spent barely any time with said game, failed to understand the basic concepts, and whose opinions are a waste of time to listen to. I'm not saying this is the case for MW3, but it was the case for Nioh's Alpha demo. Each review has to be taken for it's own merits or lack thereof, the score alone doesn't explain anything and can be influenced by any number of things.

only when it fits my narrative